The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Skye steps off the Rebel Transport and makes her way ahead of the others deeper into the Eternal Vigilance. She wants to be alone, to be away from Darex and the confusion he creates in her. She wanted action before but now that they are in their new home she feels differently. She finds a nice quiet area in a tranquilly decorated room and sits down cross-legged on the floor to meditate.

Taking a deep breath she takes hold of her amethyst pendant and sinks into a trance, concentrating on calming her emotions, on centering herself back to a peaceful state of serenity. She concentrates on creating a bubble of white light, surrounding herself with it, making herself feel like she is floating in the center of it.

Very softly and taking comfort in them, she murmurs the words of the Jedi code: There is no emotion .... There is Peace. There is no ignorance .... There is knowledge There is no passion .... There is serenity. There is no chaos ...There is harmony There is no death .... There is the Force.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Completing her mediation Skye opens her eyes and looks around the room she had chosen, noticing that it is one decorated in a forest theme. It reminded her very much of her mother's forest retreat on Corellia, even to the point of being able to hear the sound of trickling water down a waterfall encased within one wall. No wonder she was drawn to it. It had a single bed along another wall, a desk, chair and a hidden wardrobe. All that was needed now to make it feel more like home was some pots with herbs growing in them. She wonders who she could speak to in regards to getting some. It was a pity that her ship had been destroyed on Hoth as she had had seeds and plants scattered around Star Dancer, making it feel homey.

She heads out the door, wandering around the empty corridors, exploring and wondering if she will be taken on as a padawan soon. She hoped so, she would like to be able to learn how to use her Force Powers, she especially wants to know how to Force Heal. She had always used natural remedies which was why she loved having herbs around her, not only that but the aromatherapy oils and healing crystals and would like to be able to incorporate their use with Force Healing.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye had been quietly wandering the corridors, exploring, when she spied someone who looked alittle lost (Xel). She thinks she might have seen him on Hoth but wasn't certain. Making her way over to him she introduces herself, asking when he'd arrived and if he was exploring their new home also. Discovering that he was hungry and feeling alittle that way herself she leads him to where she found the mess hall, finding that the others had already made their way there.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye looks up from her meal when Ish asks if he can join them at the table. She indicates to a vacant chair as she doesn't wish to speak with her mouth full. Finishing it, she asks Ish if he still wants that spar later on, thinking that they still hadn't gotten around to it with all that had gone on. Seeing him nod affirmatively she rises from the table, letting him know that she will catch up with him later on but for now she wants to continue exploring ”“ she wants to see where the hydroponics station might be.

She wanders slowly around the corridors, taking in the beauty of the architecture. As she turns another corner she comes across two familiar figures. Darex is one and the other is the Master that had distracted the Sith Neo, back on Hoth. She is pleased that she had run into him as she wishes to thank him for assisting her, for allowing her to escape Neo's attention.

The two look to be in a discussion so she hangs back as not to disturb them, but so that she is seen.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye observed the two head into a room to speak privately. She interested herself in looking at the wall hangings in the corridor while she waited. She is unsure of the reception she will get from Darex considering their last conversation, but is willing to do anything to remain his friend.

Getting a signal to enter the room, Skye makes her way in.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye sat quietly sipping at her caffa as Ben'a, Ish and Darex ate, getting a silent message from Ben'a that he needed to have nourishment before answering her questions. Once he had finished eating she feels a jolt of sadness when Ben'a speaks of Aryian, also showing him sympathy and compassion for the loss of his other Apprentice. She vaguely recalled seeing Jake on Hoth but not since, in fact the last time she saw him was during the battle just before the Sith, Impede, had attacked her. She hopes that he is alright and that Ben'a finds him soon.

Skye listens carefully as Ben'a begins to speak again and is surprised by his words. She feels herself blush when he instructs the three of them to sort out their feelings for one another. She knew how Darex felt about her and had been fighting the mutual attraction but she had been unaware of Ish feeling anything other than friendship for her. If this was the case then it was no wonder Darex had shown jealousy when she had gone off with Ish to the gym before. She had been treating Ish as she would a younger brother and hadn't realized that her actions might be taken in a different context. She observes Ben'a rise from the table and make his way out before she turns back to the other two men.

"Well, I think we should take his advice," Darex said slowly. "We should talk. I don't want to fall to the Dark Side, and if talking out our feelings will help, I'm ready."

She agrees with Darex that they all needed to talk about this and follows him to the small water decorated room, saying to Ish as they went that she would spar with him once they had spoken of these matters.

Taking a seat she thinks back to her last conversation with Darex in the medical bay, back on the Rebel Transport. ”œDarex, I know I hurt you with what I said before and I am sorry for that. I really do like you. I just don't want you to get hurt because of me. If we get into a situation that we both need to make spit second decisions, I don't want our feelings getting in the way of the greater good. I hope you can understand me in this. If there is a way that we can deal with our emotions without falling prey to the darkside ”¦ well, how about we just take things day by day, step by step and see what happens. I think we both need to seek out the guidance of a Master before we can take things any further.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye precedes Ish out the door and heads down another corridor thinking that it wouldn't hurt to explore abit more on the way to finding the gym. Hearing the annoyed tone of Ish's voice she turns back to him saying ”œPatience is a virtue ”¦ easier said than done I know but we will get to spar”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Surprise showed on her face after his successful hit but Skye recovered smoothly, a mask of calmness dropping over her face to hide her next move. She lets the Force dictate her actions, feeling it swirling around her and doesn't resist it, instead lets it guide her moves. After flipping back to her feet she goes on the offensive using the force to push Ish backwards and following quickly with a flurry of strikes to his upper body, then swiftly to his legs.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

”˜Hmmm that one's sure to bruise”¦', Skye silently said to herself. She gathers herself quickly and springs over Ish, striking as she sails over him before landing nimbly on the mats. Spinning back to face him she notices him closing the gap between them so she extends her hand towards him with a gesture to sweep his feet from under him, feeling the force do her bidding, she hasn't yet got the control needed to complete the action but it is enough to stop him in his tracks. ”˜I'm getting the hang of using these Force powers ”¦ they could come in very handy if I learn to use them right.' Using another flurry of strikes she moves against him once more.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

As Ish circles her, Skye instinctively closed her eyes and let the Force help her deflect his blows. She could see where he was going to strike before he moved and could move to deflect accordingly but she could feel herself tire and knew the same of Ish. She wasn't going go back down yet. She was enjoying stretching and testing her limits and new skills. In a slight lapse of concentration one of his blows got through her defenses to land on her hip. She used the momentum of the blow to roll with it and away from him pushing the pain from her mind for the time being. Rising to her feet once more she looked warily at him, just watching and waiting for his next move.

In a sudden move she straightened up, still slightly defensive and allowed a smile to come across her face, bowing slightly to Ish. ”œI think we're well matched here. I know I'm feeling the strain of this battle and I think you are too. How about we call it a draw?”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye starts to head towards the shower block but stops realizing she has nothing to change into. She goes in search of a clothing store, wondering if she will be able to find something suitable. She eventually comes across one and asks the protocol droid what he has in the way of ship suits. She chooses one in a deep midnight blue and makes a beeline straight back to the shower block, sighing as she steps into the cubicle and the hot water hits her.

Feeling one hundred percent better she heads to a laundry mat to clean her clothing. Sitting on the floor in a corner she meditates while she waits. Collecting them she heads back to her room to put them away, debating whether or not to grab something to eat or to lie down and sleep. Sleep wins out, she curls up on her bunk and is soon sound asleep.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye wakes up refreshed and relaxed after a good night's sleep. She quickly gets dressed and heads to the mess hall to break her fast. She looks around, not seeing anyone she knows in there yet. Heading over to the table she grabs a bowl of cereal and a caffa and heads over to a corner table to have her meal, wondering what she will get up to this day.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye watched Master Tares leave then glanced at the datapad he had left her. A feeling of excitement overcomes her and she struggles to keep a smile from her face as she turns to Ryan, Master Kirlocca and to HJP who had just joined them.

”œIf you will please excuse me I have somewhere that I need to be.”

Edited by Guest

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye feels like she may burst with joy at being chosen to be a padawan. Her thoughts then sober as they center on Darex and Ish, who have yet to be chosen and she wonders how they will take her news, hoping that they will be happy for her. Pushing those thoughts aside for the time being she meets Master Tares eyes.

”œAnytime is fine with me Master.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye joins him in his run, matching pace and giving careful thought to his question.

”œTo be honest, I don't know that much about the Force, having only found out in the last few months that I had the ability. I know that many have the ability to use it, or be used by it, for either good or bad purposes. I guess it is up to the individual which way they use the Force”¦ for the greater good or for evil. I know I have a lot to learn and am more than willing. I have a habit of letting my conscious dictate my actions.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye slows her pace and stops inside the doorway, quietly observing as Master Tares headed over to the control panel. Seeing the holocron appear and smile, she responds in kind.

She nodded her head in agreement as her Master informed her about the need for knowledge of combat and, because of her inexperience knowing only too well the need for learning those techniques after what had happened on Hoth.

She fingers the lightsaber Orrick had given her that was still on her belt. She hadn't used it at all during that battle as she knew she would need training on how to handle its use, instead she had found a vibroblade and used that. Lightsaber training being another thing she wanted to rectify.

Out of the combat styles, she was partial to both Stava and K'tara styles. The idea of stealth caught her fancy. Her thoughts went back to the battle at Hoth and she thought that Stava would have given her a better chance in close combat when Neo had attacked her.

She informed Master Tares of her choices.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Following Master Tares instructions, Skye sat cross-legged on the floor facing him and let herself relax. She nodded her head in acceptance when he informed her about creating the link between them. She had often wondered about these links, or Force bonds, having read and heard stories about them and now she would find out about them first hand.

Her only hesitation was that she was unsure of how she would be able to hide her emotional confusion and attraction for some of the men on this ship from her master, if he wasn't already aware of it. So far she had found him to be very perceptive.

She closed her eyes, pushing that doubt aside and opened her mind to him. She was unaware of the time involved, only aware of the knowledge her master imparted to her was now there in her memory.

Hearing him ask how she felt, Skye carefully gave consideration before answering. Her eyes fluttered open and she met her master's. She tried to order her thoughts, to put them into perspective.

”œI feel the same, yet somehow different. More”¦ aware I guess.”

Edited by Guest

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye automatically returns his smile and gives consideration to his statements, agreeing with an incline of her head, her acceptance of training every morning.

Standing also, Skye ponders his question.

”œI am interested in the healing arts master.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye takes in the information, eager to learn all she can. Some of her idea's on healing seem more unorthodox and vary to the holocron's information but she finds herself enthralled by it none the less. The idea of being able to save lives instead of destroying them is foremost in her mind.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Sinking down to the floor again and getting comfortable Skye cocks her head to one side and looks up at Master Tares.

”œWell, I guess the turning point was at Telos ”¦ I saw a canine hit by a speeder and went to it's aid. I thought it would die but somehow I revived it, I still don't know how I did it.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye feels a slight shiver go through her at the thought of the darkside getting a hold on her, but at the same time she doesn't think she can remain ”˜emotionless' as she had heard most Jedi referred to as. Besides which, she very much doubted that she could handle a life without love in it.

”œI don't think it would be healthy to suppress emotions Master, but at the same time I don't want them to control me. Can you teach me how to control them, so that they won't lead me astray. I would hate to fall to the darkside.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg