The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Finally rousing from his trance on the approach to Manaan, Ben'a pulled his X-wing starfighter out of hyperspace. As the jewel-bright world loomed ever nearer, Ayevit began to bring up the data on their new home, but the Jedi at the controls wasn't paying attention; he was feeling out to where the rest of the Jedi order was. He didn't have to search for long before he got a feel for where they were gathered on the water world; working the controls gently, yet steadily, he guided the craft into the atmosphere, toward the bright Force-signature that was the Eternal Vigilance.

But Ben'a wasn't alone in his journey to the new home of the Jedi. As he flew his X-wing down towards the vast ocean below, he felt a familiar presence nearby; his Padawan and friend Aryian was struggling to mind-pilot a Rebel shuttle. As he watched, however, the young apprentice deftly regained his control, and gently flew the craft on and into their new home. A smile came over Ben'a's face as he followed suit, taking the fighter in nice and slow, and setting the ship down on repulsorlift power. Reflexively, he fingered his lightsaber as the canopy hissed open, but he let it dangle as he extricated himself unhurridly from his ship as Ayevit was lifted from its socket and placed on the floor. With an appraising chorus of tootles and whistles, the droid followed Ben'a as he left the docking bay and walked deeper into the ancient ship. As he did so, a strange feeling of old comfort came over him that made his single lekku twitch.

"Yes, I know what you mean, Ayevit." Ben'a began as the droid finished its critique. "This place is much more inviting then Hoth."

Continuing to watch his Padawan from a distance, Ben'a followed him to where more of the Jedi were. Though he wasn't exactly sure what he wanted to do now that he was here, he knew that the first thing he did should be to find Master BC. He had questions that needed answering...

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Footsteps echoing softly as he walked, Ben'a made his way further into the Eternal Vigilance, the gentle walls curving like caverns in the sea floor. Through his newly charged connection to the Force, the Jedi Knight could feel many things around him: newly arrived Jedi securing their quarters, the Council meeting to discuss the future, a few new arrivals, and still others getting fed. He felt what seemed to be his Skywalker blood roiling for just a moment, but then Ben'a realized that he hadn't eaten since he had been cloned. However, something yanked him from his food-deprived reverie -- and hard. He looked around, and his padawan, who had been right behind him as he walked, was no longer there.

"Where could that kid be," he thought to himself with a wry smile. Peering into the Force as he retraced his steps, Ben'a soon had a bead on the young Aryian, and so trotted off a bit faster to find him. As he turned a corner five minutes later, he smelled him first -- the scent of burnt hair wafted before the Padawan as he walked back to his master. But something else was wrong, that much Ben'a could see; something was troubling Aryian's mind. And though he had a feeling as to the culprit, he choose to let his friend tell him instead, if he wished.

"Something troubles you, Aryian...would you like to talk about it?" Ben'a's face was set lightly as he regarded Aryian, offering compassion in his gaze.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Ben'a felt the anguish pouring from Aryian through the Force; it saddened him to see his Padawan feeling this way. But the question he had asked made the Jedi think on his response, setting his own thoughts to rolling. And as he gathered together his knowledge and wisdom thus far gleamed, Ben'a attempted to answer his Padawan the best he could.

"As far as I have been able to learn, there is no light or dark side. But that isn't to say that there is no good or evil; merely to say that good and evil are labels given to actions. What we would call the 'dark side' of the Force is simply the Force used for destructive ends; for power without benefit to life. To put it simply, the light is creation, the darkness is destruction. Though it is necessary at times for things to be destroyed for others to be created, the darkness is destruction for its own sake.

"In the natural Andworld, death sustains life, but we, as sentients, have elevated ourselves above nature, and with that, comes the ability to use the Force to manipulate the world around us. The dark side, like the light, is a choice, and many who choose that path are not lost forever, in the same way that all of us are prone to the corruption of the dark side."

Ben'a thought for a moment, remembering the various encounters with the spirit of his father...

"And your parents are not lost to you, young Padawan. They are one with the Force, and they will come to your aid through the Force when you call for them. Anything more, I cannot tell you -- that will be for you to learn on your own -- but I have faith in you."

goodwoodsig.jpg

((OOC: Has anyone seen Jake (a.k.a. deafhuman) lately?))

Ben'a sighed at the limp, smiling form of his padawan as he lifted him into his arms and carried him off to the medical bay. Though he did not use the Force to aid his lifting, Aryian's comatose body was surprisingly light. Once he had set him carefully into a bed in sickbay, Ben'a tasked the medical droid to keep an eye on the young apprentice, with a nutrient feed and nanocleaners. Meanwhile, he had his own needs to take care of, and then the needs of several other things.

Ten minutes later, Ben'a strode confidently into the mess hall, where several of the hopefuls that had been at Hoth were sitting, eating, and talking amongst themselves. The Knight could feel the Force radiating from them; he smiled to himself as he thought of how they would eventually attain Knighthood themselves. "The order is in good hands," he thought to himself as he piled food high onto a plate and procured a glass of butterbeer. He sat at a bench opposite a chatting group of hopefuls (Skye Organa, Ish Ka Bibl and Darex Trevelian), and suddenly ravenous, began to stuff food into his mouth, quite forgetting his air of would-be regalness upon entering.

goodwoodsig.jpg

The food provided by the ship was excellent -- better then any that Ben'a could recall tasting. The Jedi continued to eat, seemingly ignoring hte inquiries of Skye from across the table. But he touched her for the briefest of moments through the Force, telling her quite plainly that he needed to eat first. Though he was trying his best to avoid looking like a complete slob, there was still an urgency to his eating, a need to fill his stomach with as much as he could possibly pack away. Finally, with a long pull from the glass of butterbeer he had brought with him, he apologized, then regarded Skye's concerns about his apprentice.

"First of all, I have not eaten in quite some time, so I apologize for my haste. And in regards to my padawan, he is...asleep...that is all I can say to explain it. Thankfully, he should be well cared for by the medical droids, so I need not worry about him for the time being." Ben'a drained his glass, then continued. "My other apprentice is, I fear, lost...but not dead. He is out there, somewhere, but before I can look for him, I have matters to attend to."

Ben'a paused for a long moment, though, as he regarded the three young hopefuls before him. Something seemed to flow between the three, that much Ben'a could see through the Force, but what it was needed further investigation on his part. Sitting up in his seat to regard the trio, Ben'a felt into their minds, probing their thoughts with a benevolant air. Almost immediately, he felt the attention that Ish and Derex paid to Skye; it was something that resembled attraction, but it wasn't quite there, it wasn't quite fully formed. It seemed to the Knight that the two didn't quite know what or how they felt about the young woman between them, and to Ben'a, that was a danger sign. Though they had done nothing wrong -- yet -- they needed to acknowledge their feelings first. But Skye, too, was not immune to turmoil, Ben'a could see.

She was at once beautiful in her physicality, and in her presence in the Force; she had a sense of determination, of resourcefulness that could prove a blessing for some, or a curse for others. Ben'a could feel his own slight attraction to her, but he had other priorities, and so this mattered little other then the need to nurture her connection, for she, like her companions, was unsure where she belonged. At once, Ben'a knew why -- the lack of Masters available to train them to full Knighthood, to show them the way of the Force, and the dangers of using its darker powers. And as he felt into the unsure minds of these hopefuls, he realized what his father meant about having much to learn; and to learn that, Ben'a knew that he must go out on his own -- into the galaxy at large -- to find something useful to do, and from doing it, to gain understanding. But first things first...

After what seemed like an hour to Ben'a, he disengaged his mind-probe from the trio of students. He smiled warmly at all three of them as they stared at him; and then he spoke to them, his voice that of compassionate admonition.

"The three of you, Ish, Skye, and Derex, share a bond, though it is ill-defined at the moment. I feel that, through continuous training between you with the guidence of a Master possessed of great wisdom, you will be a great force within the Order. However, I am not anywhere near that, and so I fear you will have to wait until someone long in service to the Jedi comes along." Again, Ben'a paused to regard the three.

"The best course of action for now, I feel, is for you three to sort out the feelings you have for eachother. Passion, emotions, and chaos that serves no useful purpose must be purged from yourselves if you wish to avoid corruption from the dark side. Though I suspect you may grow sick of being lectured on this, it is nonetheless true; unrestrained emotions lead to unfettered passions, that result in chaotic actions that disrupt and destroy. But I have faith in the Force and in you three, that you can work it out, and that you will acquit yourselves exceptionally well in the trials that lie ahead. But in the meantime, I must leave you. May the Force be with you..."

Nodding to all three as he did so, Ben'a rose from his seat, strode over to the recycling unit, and placed his dishes and assorted post-meal debris in it. With one last turn to regard the others gathered in the dining area, the Knight turned and left, striding gracefully towards the Council chambers, letting the Force-presence of the assembled Masters guide him thusly.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Ben'a arrived at the entrance to the Council chambers of the Eternal Vigilance. By the way the entrance was currently closed, the Knight could tell that a meeting was taking place, and by the feelings he was able to gleem from the Councilmembers, this meeting in particular was an important one. But there remained the need for the Knight to address the Council, and to ask of them what they needed of him in the meantime. And as he broadcast his feelings for them to hear, he sat at the entrance, waiting to be summoned inside.

Even as he dwelled on his questions, he felt that things would be different in the future; and this meeting very well might signal that change.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Ben'a was in the midst of gathering his thoughts when the door to the Council chambers opened with a rushing hiss, and Hou-Jo Poleb exited. He was dislodged from his reverie by the elder Jedi's question, so he stood up to answer, keeping his voice steady and calm.

"Master Hou-Jo, I have come to request a mission from the Jedi Council. I feel that I need to have something useful to do; something that will take me out into the galaxy at large. My apprentice is comatose, and will be that way for a long time to come, I know. Another to whom I promised training is...lost. I have a feeling that I might be able to garner a clue as to his whereabouts while I am away, but the mission would be first priority."

Ben'a waited for the Councilman's reply, relieved that he had managed to express his feelings. He was careful, though, to keep it to himself.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Hearing the assignment, Ben'a nodded his understanding to Hou-Jo. However, things didn't quite add up as he thought deeper on what the elder Jedi would have him do; he knew that Kenobi had been opposed to Poleb's taking command of the council in Master BC's absence, and he knew that the two were highly opposed in their methods and philosophies. Not to mention the icy tones with which the two regarded each other... But when Ben'a finally spoke, it was with a detached curiosity; not a hint of his thinking was evident to the Jedi standing before him.

"I understand the mission, Master Poleb. Do you have any suggestions as to where I should begin my search?"[/i]

goodwoodsig.jpg

As the door to the Council chambers resealed itself, Ben'a turned about to head back to his ship, threading through the long corridors of the vessal as it cruised about the oceans of Manaan. So the former master to his former master was to be the target of his search; and though Ben'a knew Hou-Jo's reasons for finding him, he wanted to hear Dhan-Jaroe's version of why he had professed to leave the Order. Ben'a also got a faint feeling that Hou-Jo didn't entirely regard him as a true Jedi, if only for the reason of those who had had hands in his training. But this aspect didn't concern him in the least; he was a Jedi, like his father before him.

As he continued to meander through the splendidly white halls of the Eternal Vigilance, Ben'a's ear cought the tootling, rasping, and hooting of Ayevit; the diminuative droid whistling his greetings as he fell in behind his master. Ben'a smiled at the astromech that his father and aunt had built, wondering what had ever happened to that DL-44 owned by his grandfather. He suspected that it was somewhere, ready to be used when needed.

"Its good to see you again, as well, Ayevit. We're going out again, it seems."

Ayevit responded with a chorus of warbles and clicks.

"Yes, I'm sure you'll be fine where we're going."

The two arrived at last back at the docking bay, and after making sure Ayevit was snug in the socket behind his snubfighter cockpit, Ben'a loaded up his own belongings, then climbed in. He soon had the repulsorlifts powered, and in no time at all, the XJ3 model X-wing was soaring over the whitecaps of the Manaan seas, angling for the starfield above. Once in space, Ayevit plotted a course for Coruscant, and the Last Call in particular.

"If he's still there," Ben'a said under his breath.

"My data shows that Coruscant is still there," came Ayevit's translated reply, which made Ben'a laugh heartily as he set the hyperdrive, and the starfighter winked out of the system.

goodwoodsig.jpg

The purplish tunnel of light beyond his canopy collapsed into a plethora of lines that soon dissolved into a starfield as Ben'a's X-wing winked into existance over the blue globe of Manaan. He could see and feel the C-wing of Dhan-Jaroe and his padawan nearby, and guided them into the stmosphere and toward the Eternal Vigilance, landing in the docking bay. Extricating himself and Ayevit from the fighter, he waited for DJK to exit his own vessel.

"If you would like, I can show you to the Council chambers. Though I suspect you're quite capable of finding it yourself. In either case, I would prefer you to take the lead..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Ben'a only half-heartedly attempted to restrain the grin on his face at this pronouncement. It was the last thing he had expected from Master Kenobi, but at the same time, he understood what it meant. And, striding forward with an innate grace, he lead the way to the Council chambers, betraying no emotions to anyone who might be oriented in his direction.

"We're here," he said simply to DJK when they arrived at the Council chambers five minutes later. "Shall I do the honors?"

Not waiting for an answer, Ben'a knocked politely on the Council chamber door.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Though the words of the Council were stayed by the sealed door in front of him, Ben'a could sense the residual feelings eminating from the Masters within. A mix of barely-suppressed anger, of genuine consternation with the running of things, and yet, a glimmer of hope. Things no longer seemed as set in stone as they had been, to the Knight as he waited to be admitted into the chambers with Dhan-Jaroe Kenobi. It seemed that the ties were not so beyond mending; but it wouldn't come of its own volition. Much had to be done to unite the Order, and Ben'a had a feeling that he would play a part in it. He turned to Master Kenobi, his words light, but his demenor set.

"Well, Dhan-Jaroe, it seems that your presence has touched a few nerves. Perhaps there is hope, after all..."

He looked back at the door, attempting to peer beyond with the Force, but not really getting very far.

"When How-Jo sent me, it was his word alone, yet his not discussing it with the Council seems to have touched a nerve or two."

goodwoodsig.jpg

The tendril of resignation emminating from How-Jo reached Ben'a through the door as he sat there, waitign to bring Dhan-Jaroe to the Council. And with that, he could keep to himself no longer. He sent a Force-message through the door right into Hou-Jo's mind...

"Perhaps, if you would take the time to ask him, he would be quite willing to help. Assume not, Master Poleb."

goodwoodsig.jpg

A subtle gesture of assent through the Force was all Ben'a gave in answer as he turned back to Master Kenobi, still sitting there, waiting. To Ben'a, and certainly to the elder Jedi next to him, this ponderous train of thought the Council was pushing along was nothing new. For a fleeting moment, the young Knight wondered if a one-man Council would be a better use of energy, but he quickly realized that this would not only be impossible for the Jedi, but that by doing so, they would become little better then the Sith. No, a dictatorship was not the answer; instead, more effective Council members were needed.

"Well, you're right, Master Kenobi, they certainly are taking their time. I would suggest seeing to Mayy's needs and your own; I'll get you two situated aboard the Eternal Vigilance, and we can wait for the Council to make up its mind."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Ben'a watched as Dhan-Jaroe left in disgust. The reasons seemed perfectly clear, as well as justified, to the Knight that had brought him to Manaan. Hou-Jo Poleb had wanted to see him for some reasons unknown, yet he and the Council had completely ignored his and Master Kenobi's arrival. Turning on his heel, Ben'a strode off in pursuit of the Council members as they filed out, finally seeing Tares Vortex, his old master Keiran, and the newly-made Padawan, Skye. There was a certain feeling that Ben'a could sense between Tares and Skye; a sort of link. Ben'a's face was a mask as he approached the Jedi Master; he did not want to show the mild frustration he felt. When he spoke, his voice was calm and level.

"Master Tares, I have been wandering about the ship, with nothing to do, for quite a while now. I wish to go out into the galaxy to do something useful, but something that isn't of a personal nature. When I brought Master Kenobi here, I thought that something might be achived, but I was disappointed. I need not action or adventure, just something useful; a quest, if you will. Could you help me?"

Ben'a clasped his arms behind his back as he waited for Tares to respond.

goodwoodsig.jpg

This mission certainly seemed needed, and Ben'a was grateful to Tares for tasking him with it. The Rebellion had proved an ally several times thus far, twice that Ben'a had experienced. Though he didn't immediately know where they might be, he did know that the former Pacalis City had been moved to a space station in the Corellian system...

"Yes, Master Tares, I will help the best I can. Your brother was formerly of the Rebellion, was he not?"

goodwoodsig.jpg

Ben'a nodded to the Jedi Master as he heard him confirm Drake's affiliation.

"I understand, Master Tares, I will do what I can"

As Tares and Skye walked off to continue their lessons, Ben'a headed back to the hanger bays, where Ayevit tootled his greetings from the socket of his starfighter. Ben'a had his own ideas about how the Jedi and Rebellion could help eachother out, but those would have to wait until they made contact. As Ayevit assisted with the powering-up of the late-model X-wing, Ben'a punched in the new coordinates for what had been Pacalis City, but was now an immense station in the Corellian system. Once the repulsors were powered, he eased the craft out and over the whitecaps and seaspray that was the surface of Manaan, the occasional large fish or mammal breaking the surface.

Bringing the nose of the snubfighter up, Ben'a fired up the ion drives, rocketing into the upper atmosphere and the depths of space, winking into hyperspace

goodwoodsig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Four Jedi in their respective ships wink into existence above the water world of Manaan, having made sure no trace of where they had left, nor of where they were going. They were here on urgent business, and as Ben'a with Nahstaa, and Tares with Skye left their respective ships, they made their way quickly through the Eternal Vigilance to the Jedi Council chambers, sending a signal to all present to assemble.

((OOC: We need the whole Council here ASAP. This is quite important.))

goodwoodsig.jpg

Having arrived with Tares, Nahstaa and Skye at the Council chambers, Ben'a picks up the padd left by BC in his hasty retreat. Feeling somewhat consternated that the Jedi Master had taken his leave for no apparent reason, Ben'a tuned his comm-link appropriately to send an encrypted message to him.

"Master BC, there are things that require your attention...and that of the Council as a whole. Where are you going?"

Switching frequencies, Ben'a commed the entire ship, making sure that everyone aboard the Eternal Vigilance would hear.

"All members of the Jedi Council please come to the Chambers. There has been a disturbing development."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Ben'a looked to see Ara-Lai Kaipi, one of the Masters on the Council already there in the Chambers. It was odd that he hadn't seen her there before, he estimated that it was probably due to his momentary anger at Master BC leaving so suddenly.

"Forgive me, Ara, I did not see you," he said soberly. "There are dark things happening on the planet Arbra. The Dark Lord of the Sith, having been posessed, is looking to unleash a terrible darkness from before the Jedi and Sith came into being."

He paused for a moment, in case other council members were coming as well.

"Someone in the Sith contacted me while I was with Tares on Naboo, hoping to establish us as allies to stop the Dark Lord from unleashing this power. I did not sense any deception on the part of this being, but Master Tares thought it best -- and I do agree -- that we inform the Council first, before action is taken."

goodwoodsig.jpg

"From what I could tell about this being, he is not your run-of-the-mill Sith. Suffice it to say that the feeling I got from him could be roughly described as 'progressive'; like he wants to reform the Sith into something other then a world-conquering evilness. And if what he says is true, he has taken a risk by merely telling me about."

Ben'a looked from Tares to Ara-Lai, trying to sort out what could be done to speed up the decision process.

"I do not believe that the whole Order need go with us. The task we must do is thusly: we send a small force of Jedi to find the mines on Arbra where the crystals that the Sith are seeking are located. Once there, we place transmitters that will call down fire from Rebel star cruisers to collapse the mines. The native species, according to Ahriman's information, are being exploited to aide them, and they must be freed as well.

"Once the mines are destroyed, I am not sure what will come next. But I do have faith that I'll find out soon."

goodwoodsig.jpg

For the benefit of the newly arrived Jedi Master BC, Ben'a repeated what he had already told Ara-Lai and Tares. Hopefully, the leader of the Jedi would understand what needed to be done.

((OOC: Just read my two previous posts...didn't want to type all that out))

goodwoodsig.jpg

Ben'a sent a Force-message back to Nahstaa. "By all means, come to the Chambers. Tell us of what you know." he then turned back to Master BC.

"It would be an honor to have you with us, Master. If he is willing, I would like to bring Master Tares with us, along with his Padawan. Also, I have a feeling that Keiran might wish to come as well... I'll send him a comm once we're away. And if he's around, I would ask Tristin Steller to come as well."

As he finished listing those we wanted with him, Ben'a wondered if they would indeed come. He didn't want to have to do this alone -- even with his Padawan with him -- too much was at stake.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Ben'a looked around to the assembled group. It was good to know that these Masters were willing to risk going with him on this mission -- his mission. His gaze finally fell onto Skye, and a warm smile spread his lips.

"I feel we must leave with all possible speed, Skye. Time is of the essence, for the Sith may decend on Arbra in overwhelming numbers if we take too long in getting there. However, there is time to meet and give your compliments."

He looked up to Master BC then.

"The Rebellion must be contacted at once -- their support is essential to this operation. We will need at least one capital ship to bomb and seal the mines. My Padawan, Nahstaa, has some information as well."

goodwoodsig.jpg

As Ben'a waited for the others present to give their opinions on this subject, he again felt a disturbance in the Force. It was odd, to him, that he seemed to be almost like a magnet to what he was feeling; yet another being was seeking to leave the darkness. Offering his apologies to the Council, Ben'a took his leave, leaving behind a datapad with his comlink frequency on it.

"I will be back momentarily, Masters...I promise you that. Nahstaa, please remain here, and relay that information you said you had."

Ben'a walked over to his ship then, and within ten minutes he was out of the Manaan atmosphere, heading for the Last Call.

goodwoodsig.jpg

In the space above the waterworld of Manaan, the X-wing fighter flown by Ben'a winked into realspace. Angling for a nice and lazy descent into the atmosphere, the Jedi Knight blew a deep sigh, expressing a mix of feelings swirling about in his head. By bringing Neo here, he was taking a big risk, but he felt that it was one that had to be taken. On the one hand, the Sith would suffer while the Jedi gained a new member, along with any information he might have. But on the other, this could all be an elaborate ruse; the Dark Lord could be, at this very moment, tracking Neo through the Force without his knowledge. But whatever may be the case, Ben'a knew what he had to do.

As he set the ship gently down into the Eternal Vigilance's hanger bay, Ben'a put these feelings aside. He helped Neo out of the compartment he was in, and smiled at the former Sith.

"I really ought to invest in a bigger ship," he quipped. "But who has the time, anyway? This baby saw me through the battle at Hoth, it was one of the few Jedi ships to survive..."

Ben'a thought for a moment before continuing.

"You said you had information about the Sith, did you not? Come, we must see the Council."

With an uncharactaristic haste, Ben'a trotted off back in the direction of the Jedi Council chambers. Master BC would be interested to meet this man, that much he knew for certain.

goodwoodsig.jpg

"They're still in the Council chambers. Follow me, and I'll introduce them to you."

Ben'a, with Neo close behind him, jogged the rest of the way to the Council chambers, where the Masters were still talking amongst themselves. Once the two arrived, Ben'a closed the door, and began introducing those in attendance.

"This is Nahstaa, my Padawan. Tares Vortex, a Jedi Master, and his Padawan, Skye. Master BLCKCLONE here is the leader of the Order." Ben'a smiled at the assembled Jedi before continuing.

"I apologize for my sudden disappearing act. This is Neo, formerly of the Sith Order. He tells me that he wishes to get away from the anger, violence, and darkness of their kind, and I believe him. He also tells me that he has information for you in regards to the Sith as a whole. However, I wish to let Nahstaa speak first."

goodwoodsig.jpg

((This is a series of short and sweet posts...sorry for the blitz))

"Come with me, Nahstaa."

The Master and Padawan leave the council chambers quickly for the hangers on the Eternal Vigilance. This time, Ben'a takes a small two-person shuttle instead of his X-wing. The ship blasts off for Ilum

goodwoodsig.jpg

The small shuttle lands back on Manaan. Ben'a Solo gets out, along with his Padawan.

"Excellent work getting that crystal of yours, Nahstaa. Now you must create your lightsaber with your own hands. You may use the Force to examine mine, in order to see how it works and how to build one like it."

With that, Ben'a hands his Padawan his lightsaber.

goodwoodsig.jpg

As Nahstaa, his Padawan, took the offered lightsaber in order to make his own, Ben'a made his way to the Eternal Vigilance's communications room. Though he couldn't exactly explain why, the Jedi Knight could sense that the time for departure on this mission was growing imminent, and there were still things left to do. From his time training with him, Ben'a could sense that his Master, Keiran, would not want to miss something like this for all the credits on Coruscant... so that was where he sent his first comm.

-- encrypted comm to Keiran --

"The old folks and I might like to see you and your mate back at the shack when you've finished. Will you be so kind...?"

He chuckled to himself at his own coded wit, but there wasn't time to dwell on the humorous line. His next communication went out to the Rebellion, the link having been established by Keiran himself.

-- highly encrypted comm --

"This is Ben'a Solo of the Jedi Order contacting the present Commander of the Rebel Alliance. The Jedi will need your support in capital ships and starfighters for a very crucial mission on the planet of Arbra, we will contact you with a signal when your presence will be needed."

Satisfied that he had done all he could for the moment, Ben'a regarded Nahstaa for a moment as he shut down the communications unit.

"Continue constructing your lightsaber, young one. I must rest for the coming mission."

Confident that his Padawan would have his saber built by the time he awoke, Ben'a went back to his room, Ayevit in tow, and went to sleep.

goodwoodsig.jpg