The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Nom wondered down the corridors of this new ship he was on. It was the most beutiful thing he had ever seen, after growing up on Coruscant, something like this was rare to come across.

After taking in the incredible sites of the ship, he felt a rumble in his stomach. He just realized something.

I haven't eaten anything in ages, I wonder where the food is.

Nom decided to follow some of the other hopefuls, maybe they knew how to get some food.

Nom brought his attention back to his surroundings. This place was so amazing it was as if it was a magnet for his eyes. Without watching where he was going, he bumped into someone who looked just as hungry as he was(spock).

"Sorry, I didn't see you. Do you know where I can get something to eat, after all, you look just as hungry as me."

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

Nom smiled as he walked down the corridor. He was in a good mood, it seems he was getting some food, and now a friend.

"My name is Nom Anorus, nice to meet you. So do you anything about this place?"

As the two contunued to walk down the corridor, The sent of food made its way to Nom. He followed the sent and found himself in the mess hall, he didn't need the force to direct him to where he needed to go this time.

Nom turned to spock.

"Lets get some food, shall we."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

As Nom sits at the table and shoves even more food into his mouth(probably to the disgust of Spock), he feels something through the force. Almost like someone was trying to feed a letter into his mind.

It seems Mathis wanted him to head to the hanger.

It looks like were leaving

Nom turned back to Spock.

"I'm really sorry man, but my master wants me to meet him in the hanger bay. It was nice meeting you."

Nom got up and headed towards where he first entered the ship, wondering what his master had in mind.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom rounded one last corner and finally found his way back to the docking bay. He was relieved that he had made it, he kind of got a little lost on his way back.

He slowly made his way to Mathis, wondering what planet they were going to, if they were leaving at all.

"So, where to?"

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

• 4 weeks later...

Nom remained in the Mathrick for a long time. The only thing he could do was revel in what just happened. He was a Jedi knight now, Nom wasn't really sure what he was supposed to do but he decided to go and speeck with the Jedi council.

Upon exiting Mathis' ship, a look of confusion shot across Nom's face. He had certainly learned many things since he had first landed on hoth. He also remembered reading about a jedi padawan recieving trials before he became a Jedi knight. Nom knew he had recieved no such test.

Was building a lightsaber considered the trials? That had to be it, why would his master knight him if Nom still needed to do something else?

Before visiting the council, Nom decided to take a walk around manaan for a while. He made his way lazily down the corridors with no particular destination in mind.

OOC: I can only post on weekends until the last week of July.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

• 2 weeks later...

Nom made his way around the endless corridors of Manaan. He had been comtemplating his next course of action instead of watching where he was going. He had bumbed into numorus things before he finally reached a decision about what to do with his newfound knighthood.

Nom changed courses and started to head in the direction of the jedi council.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom heard the announcement loud and clear over the intercom. He started to hasten his pase in the direction of the jedi council.

He wasn't sure what was going on, but perhaps a mission could come out of this. That is, after all, what Nom was looking for.

Nom finally made his way to the council doors and waited to find out what had happened.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom stood quitley against the wall and listened intently on the conversations around him. One particular conversation caught his interest. It seems the Jedi were going to thwart some kind of sith operation. Maybe Nom could be of help.

He slowly made his way toward Ben'a and BC.

"I couldn't help overhearing that you are putting a mission together. Would it be possible for me to be of service?"

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom remained where he was. He wasn't sure how much help a knight like him would be. There were so many masters around, what could he do? He had to try. He didn't know much about the Sith but he knew they were evil and they had to be stopped.

As he stood there, he just noticed that no body had responded to his offer of being part of the mission. Does this mean that they didn't want him? He remained in his position and faced BC.

"Would it be possible for me to aid you in this mission?"

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom slowly made his way around the ship. He wasn't really sure what he should do before he left for the mission. Everyone else that was going wastraining a padawan or being trained themselves. Nom knew he wasn't powerful enough to take an apprentice of his own. He couldn't get over how quickly he was knighted.

Was Mathis only supposed to teach me a little bit and leave the rest for me to discover on my own?

Nom turned into an empty room and took a seat right in the middle of the floor. He fell under meditation just like he had done on Ilum. He didn't know what to do for the time being, so he decided to let the force tell him that.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom's meditation ended sooner than he would like, but the excitment within him would not allow him to continue. He flew out the door and was to the point of running down the corridors. He suddenly slowed to a walk. He didn't want to seem thatexcited.

He made his way into the hanger without a hitch. He actually didn't get lost. He stood along side Ben'a.

"Thank you again for letting me take part on this mission. I hope I could be of use."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom slowly moved up the ramp into the ship. This his first mission as a Jedi knight, he had no idea what to expect. The only goal he had in mind for now was to make his old master proud.

Nom took an empty seat in the main part of the ship, his thoughts started to dwell on his former master. He knew he was on Manaan somewhere, but Nom hadn't heard from him sinse the had arrived.

I wonder why Mathis isn't taking part in the mission.

Nom remained in his seat and awaited take off. He was finally going to see if his training would stack up against the sith

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

• 1 year later...

Deep in the corner of the Eternal Vigilance, a small machine thrummed to life, sending small wisps of smoke into the empty room. Small pieces of technology whirled to life as if following the lead of the bigger machine. Once the room seemed to be entwined with the murky puffs of placid gas, the pod in the corner of the room burst to life. I dripping wet Jedi Master emerged, his new body awakened for the first time.

The first thing Nom noticed as he stepped out of the cloning facility was how easy and painless his limbs moved. He had been so used to the agony of battle that a fresh set of arms and legs seemed very foreign. He took a deep breath, letting the pure molecules of oxygen wash through him. It was so much different than Mechis III, where pollution from its factories perhaps imbedded its in its atmosphere.

Where am I?

He continued to eye the cloning facility that bore him life. He noticed a small set of robes folded in the corner, no doubt waiting to be dawned by the user of the small room. The Jedi Master did just that, letting the soft material slide over his freshly awakened skin. It was such a nice sensation to wear a piece of clothing that wasn't drenched in his own blood. Before the Jedi left the room, he noticed something else laying dormant in the corner, its silver polish gleaming as brilliantly as ever. His lightsaber was quickly moved from the shelf to its master's belt, taking up its usual spot. Droids must have retrieved it from his corpse and sent it. Ayrian certainly had programmed those things well.

With all of his possessions in hand, the Jedi Master made his way out of the cloning facility. He was still ignorant of his surroundings however. The place was familiar, he had been here before.

Nom continued to walk through corridors, sensing the lightside in full swing. That was just another breath of fresh air. As he rounded a corner, a computer terminal fell into sight. The Jedi Master made no hesitation in activating the device. The opening screen was vibrant, shining with color.

Internal Affairs Department:

Councilor - DarkJedi K'munee

Master - Andon Colos

Master - Nom Anorus

Knight ”“ Darla

Knight - Dashel Illioni

OOC: Nom switched with Locke for those of you who don't know))

IC: It seemed the Jedi had been up to some changes while Nom was off gallivanting with the Dark Lord on Mechis III. It seemed he was stationed with the department of Internal Affairs. A simple computer terminal was not enough to tell him what he wanted to know however. The Jedi Master turned from the device and continued down the vacant hallways, searching for whoever he could find.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

The walls seemed to scream out to Nom. There was something about this place. He had been here before, he was sure of it. Perhaps one of the Jedi could fill him in on his situation. After rounding another corner, the Jedi Master came to a large open space with furniture and the like. It must have been a common room of some kind.

He took a seat on one of the many couches spread throughout the room. It was a nice feeling to sit in a couch. The Jedi Master chuckled to himself as he thought about his previous exploits on Mechis III. That place really did need some couches.

A serving droid came into the room carrying a tray of drinks. It looked like Nom's presence was finally known to whoever was here.

"Would you like a drink Master Jedi?"

Nom was in no hurray considering what had just happened. "Sure, just give me a jawa juice. Thanks." During any other circumstance, Nom would get up and continue the search for someone in charge. Yet he was feeling quite relaxed and was up to some pampering.

The Jedi Master lightly sipped his drink as he waited patiently for someone to arrive. He let the freshness slid down his throat, washing away even more tension.

The Jedi should really think about getting more couches, Nom thought with a sigh.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

That was faster than I thought, Nom thought as he forced himself off the couch. He had just gotten comfortable. The Jedi before him seemed to be the one in charge, yet Nom had not met him before.

He downed the last drop of his jawa juice before extending a hand.

The name's Nom Anorus, I was cloned here it seems. Is this the base of the Internal Affairs department?"

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom remained where he was as K'munee left the room. Manaan...

That very thought sent memories whirling back to his mind. This was where he was first knighted, brought fully into the ranks of the Jedi, all those years ago. Aboard this ship, was the last time he had ever seen his Master, Mathis qui Gon. Was he even still alive? Nom could only think as he slowly meandered his way to the hanger. He had been told to gather his possessions, yet everything he owned was either attached to his belt, or hidden somewhere unseen in the contours of his robes.

The Jedi Master was taking his time, at least until the Force had told him differently. Images of DJK clashing lightsabers with an unknown figure flashed through his head carried on the wings of the Force. The Jedi Master instinctively took off towards the hanger, using the Force to direct as well as propel him.

Nom reached the hanger within moments, jade green lightsaber already raised and ignited. The blade shimmered softly, almost peacefully in contrast to the war torn lightsabers in front of him, whirling in a dance of destruction. The Jedi Master raced to a safe distance, yet easily covered if need be. DJK seemed to be handling things on his own, yet a simple motion or signal was all that was needed for him to gain an extra lightsaber on his side.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom could only look on as the old apprentice of his commanding officer revealed himself. It was certainly a creative way to reunite with an old friend, that was for sure. The situation pressed no further danger, allowing the Jedi Master to deactivate his lightsaber. The room suddenly went silent as the constant thrumming suddenly disappeared. Nom still hadn't a clue what was going on. He was told to meet in the hanger regardless of DJK's prodigal apprentice.

As the two other Jedi made their way into the confines of the coucil member's ship, Nom could only wait outside. Trying to make himself comfortable by leaning against a vacant frieghter, the Jedi Master's mind began to slip back to the events of Mechis III. Why did his apprentice show up there in the first place? Was his apparent struggle within himself just an act to stall for time until the Dark Lord arrived? There was no way Nom could find out. Something within him told him he would be facing his fallen padawan once more, with lightsabers. The hangar hummed in an eerie silence as the lone figure within continued to silently await what DJK had in store.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

OOC: Sorry its taken me so long to post. I've been sick the last few days. BTW, Its Anorus.

IC: Nom immediately sat up once his commanding officer walked in. "I'm not sure how much help I can give you, but I'll do my best." The Jedi Master gave a small smirk, one of his facial trademarks. "Lead on."

OOC: Sorry for the short post but I am still feelinga bit under the weather.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Moments shrouded in silence transcended the Avenger as the three Jedi within contemplated the situation. Azrael's story certainly was an interesting one. It would be rather entertaining too if the stakes weren't so high. The plane of silence was broken however as Nom cleared his throat to speak. "I do have some skill in healing, but not enough to counter a virus, especially one of this nature."

The Jedi Master took a few steps, pacing his way through the ship. "Perhaps you know of a Jedi Master by the name of Skye Organa? She is probably the best healer in the order. Maybe she can tell you more about it."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

For a small moment in time, the whites of Nom's eyes were clearly visible. This young one was quick to anger, although it was understandable considering the current situation. Thoughts of scorning first entered Nom's mind but he reminded himself of his hatred for such things. He always preferred to just tell it like it was, and that was what he was going to do here.

"Be careful young one, the fear of death is the road staight to the dark side." Nom's voice was steady and unwavering as opposed as to yelling; yet his voice held more power and force than any raised tone. "The dark side is far more dangerous than any disease."

After his short spiel, he took a spot against the wall, letting the Force try and calm his nerves. This was going to be a long conversation.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

• 3 weeks later...

As the message recorded through the ship, Nom's mind left the present conversation and focused it on the coming transmission. This issue between Azrael and DJK as Azrael clearly stated, was mainly between the two. It seemed if the Jedi were really going to attack the Sith, they were going to need all the help they could get.

Nom's silence was broken as the two continued to talk. "Sir, I am umsure how much I am able to aid you in your problems with Azrael, yet I can be of some use to the assualt on the Sith. Yet if you still wish it, I can remain here in your aid as well." The Jedi Master kept any eagerness out of his words. Yet he couldn't get the prospect of facing his apprentice one last time out of his head.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom was suprised to see DJK so up and willing to fight. Didn't he have to deal with Azrael's virus? Yet it seemed the pressing matter of the Sith engulfing the galaxay interrupted whatever plans the three Jedi were going to make. Yet Nom had wanted to fight in the first place, knowing he could be far more useful in that area than anything with Azrael.

Nom chuckled to himself as he followed his commanding officer. It was about time the Jedi decided to go on the offensive. It seemed the Jedi were no longer afraid of the attack. To vanquish evil, one must lash out against it. A vicious paradox, yet one that must be fulfilled.

The Jedi Master silently followed into the cargo hold, his hand hovering ever so slightly on the small silver object hanging at his waist.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

• 2 months later...

The waters of Mannan seemed to envelope Nom's ship with its crystaline reflections as it cascaded against the durocreet plowing through it. He approached the subermarine holding the once populated Jedi base. Weither anyone was remaining was a mystery to the Jedi Master. He sent the codes and landed within the hanger, letting the soft droplets of water leak off his soaked vessel. It was nice to be back.

Nom walked the halls of the ship, his thoughts searching for any other presence. He found that he was not alone. Yet he did not go looking for them. He remained to himself for the time being. He centralized his thoughts and brought himself back to when he was first knighted. He walked this very corridor after his Master had left. Nom had entered a brave new world then and he couldn't but notice the similarities between that and his current situation.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

The Jedi Master known as Nom Anorus slipped into a training room unnoticed. After grabbing a bite to eat, the apprentices didn't seem to pay too much attention to him. This was advantageous considering the Jedi Master needed to worry about his own training for the time being. There was something about dueling a droid behind a mask that haunted the Jedi Master with every step he took. Emotion was not among the repertoire of this particular Sith. It even lacked the sadistic joy of taking an innocent life that all Sith seemed to posses. It was as if the act of murder was not even worth contorting his facial features. He had no weaknesses, he was a droid and immune to everything, and possessed strength beyond no conceivable barrier. It was Haphaestus. Haphaestus was a droid who could use the Force. It existed in the galaxy as a mockery of human life. It did not think, it calculated. It did not move, it took careful steps according to an automatic meticulous trajectory. It could not feel; it simply was. And this was Nom's task; to vanquish what could not be vanquished.

Nom strapped himself in the weight machine, breathing calmly. He shifted the weight to its highest setting and wrapped his palms tightly around the metal shaft. He heaved upward with every inch of strength he possessed. The temptation of using the Force to aid was as tantalizing as a waterfall in the middle of a desert. The weights did not move, it was as if they were bolted to the machine itself. As a result of his failure, the Jedi Master leaned back, relaxing heavily.

He closed his eyes and drew not on the Force, but on his memories themselves. He was within the ship drifting through orbit around Caridia. The metal monstrosity known as Haphaestus loomed before him, his facial features hidden behind the stoic covering of his archaic mask. Lightsabers between the Jedi and Sith seemed to spring from no where and proceeded to clash, sparks showering into the metal below. Nom continued to heave his blades against that of the droid. His strength was failing however as the crimson blade inched closer and closer to finishing him.

The drive to see this particular Sith eliminated seemed to propel over any physical element. With the pain of sheer exhaust consuming him, the Jedi Master launched his arms forward. His jade green lightsaber slammed into crimson yet continued tearing as if through time and space itself.

Nom opened his eyes and found the weights hovering within the palm of his hand. His arms outstretched leaving his muscles shaking slightly under the strain. With a violent clatter, the metal weights slammed against the metal floor, creating a clang that could be heard throughout the entire complex. The Jedi Master sat down, taking heavy breaths. He only needed to do this everyday.

Feeling rather drained, the Jedi went down to the main hold of the facility. He was finally ready to introduce himself to the rest of the people inside.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

"Don't worry about bowing to me. Pointless formalities have never been important to me. You don't need to worry about that." As the aprentice rose, Nom spoke. "My name is Nom Anorus. Tell me, what are two padawans doing alone on a submarine hundreds of miles below the ocean?"

The Jedi Master smirked at the thought of the padawans trying to answer that particular question.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom's face contorted into a look of serene intrigue as he listened to the padawan's story. His parents were killed by Sith, which was slightly parrellel to Nom's own situation. He could remember the day when Coruscant fell, his own parents obliterated amoung the faceless thousands that were killed by Faust's hand. Faust was a Sith far beyong the conventional. His thoughts almost strayed from the padawan momentarily but he was able to return to the present.

Noticing the silent tear running down Scorpio's cheeck, the Jedi Master kept his gaze intent on the young man's eyes. "So why are you in search of peace and redemption I wonder?"

As Scorpio thought of that particular answer, the Jedi Master turned his attention to the other young apprentice before him.

"You're a Mandalorian Sith turned Jedi eh?" His facial expression suddenly turned from intrigue to slight amusment, as if John's story was an every day occurence. "I take it you already know a good bit about the Force then?"

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Each of these people have spilled the blood of the innocent.... Nom couldn't help but notice the comparisons between the two people. "So what makes you people so sure redemption and forgiveness is that easy to achieve simply by becoming a Jedi? What is it you plan to do with this new found power of the Force?"

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom smiled as the two young men preached to each other the acts of redemption like it was some kind of fairy tale, despite being knee deep in the very darkness that inspired that very concept. Yet the words Scorpio spoke seemed to stick out in his own mind. It was as if someone turned on a flashlight amid a nest of fog.

"Redemption is deserved by all who truly seek it...." Nom's thoughts continued to dwell over that sentence despite his facial expression revealing nothing. Did Nom Anorus truly believe that? The thought of Hephaestus or Kakuto Ryu suddenly finding the error in their ways seemed a bit of a stretch. Yet if those two suddenly begged Nom for their forgiveness, could he give it? The lines of grey painted over a spotless mind only seemed to illuminate the indecisive thought process within him. Years in the field wielding the Force at your hands can lead to more illusions of knowledge as opposed to truth than anyone felt possible. The only question was how would one tell the difference?

The only way to insure that these two would not return to the path they once knew was to train them in the ways of the Jedi. Without the discipline of the Jedi way, the two would find their on path to darkness, with or without formal training. He initially came to Manaan for the act of seclusion in order to hone his physical body. But maybe the Force had other intentions for his presence.

He looked at the two men before him, each in need of training. The Jedi Master had tried training two apprentices at once but found that task terribly inefficient. The only question was who would he take?

He thought for a moment, letting the silence between the three men ripple into a lasting moment of understanding free from the restraints of spoken words. John knew more of the Force than Scorpio, and he had delved into the darkside itself whist Scorpio had only fathomed it. John was already aware of dangers and pain while Scorpio still seemed to obtain an almost naive ignorance. To simply swear it off was to ask of ignorance to its dangers, which was far more dangerous than initially perceived. Scorpio needed to know and to learn if he would be able to combat it. But neither had scraped the surface of knowing the true Dark Side. Yet John slightly knew of it, and was aware of its dangers. It had to be Scorpio.

You want redemption Scorpio? Lets see if you are worthy of it...

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

"I hope you don't mind space travel," Nom said as he rounded a corner into the hanger. His frieghter sat shimmering, the last droplets of water relinquishing their grips on the lush metal exterior. Once the entrance ramp droped, the two Jedi made their way inside. The Jedi Master took seat in the pilots chair and motion for Scorpio to take a seat beside him.

"Before we take off, I am official taking you as my padawan learner. Training under me will be the hardest thing you have ever endured. You will be tested physically as well as emotionally. This is your chance to turn back now."

Nom proceeded to run his hands over the control board, launching the ship into life. He was ready to take off, and he would with or without Scropio.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Those crazy kids and their ships... Nom thought as he transfered the cooridinates to his apprentice. "We're heading to Tatooine. I hope you brought some sunscreen."

With that, the small switches and doo dads within Nom's ship sprang into a constant state of activation as the repulserlifts roared to life. The metallic vessel hovered slightly as the sublight engine engaged, bating the hanger in a faint blue light. After a moment of an almost faint flicker of psuedomotion, the ship was up in the air and into hyperspace.

((Go ahead and post us landing on Tatooine. You can either head straight there of go through the space thread. It doesn't really matter to me.))

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal