The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

A Correllian freighter flew into the planet's atmosphere, piloted by Jedi Master Ara-Lai Kaipi and with her padawan Xel'Navith and a second passenger, Spock.

Ara peered at the planet's surface. "All water, eh? I hope you guys can swim," she said jokingly. She pulled the ship in for a smooth landing inside the larger vessel and opened the door for Spock to get out.

She then stepped over to her padawan, sitting down next to him.

"Have you calmed yourself yet?"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Ara grabbed at her bag and handed Xel a dark blue handkerchief. Sighing, she said, "I know...its...hard. I've been through attacks before, and everytime...everytime..."

...the same thoughts go through my mind...

"I know it seems like there's nothing you can do. That its pointless. But its not. We train, and we fight, to protect those still living and to remember those who are gone." She gave Xel a sad smile.

"I believe you have a great future as a Jedi ahead of you. You are strong enough to push past the anger and sadness that overcomes all people, no matter what race or what side of the Force they follow. That strength is why I chose you to be my padawan." This time, she flashed a genuine smile. "Not many people could survive a crash like that and crawl through the snow."

Becoming serious once again, the blond went on. "It will take time to heal, no doubt about it, but I believe you'll overcome this. And when you're ready, we can continue your training. All right?"

Ara stood up, brushing off her Jedi robes. "I'm going to go change real quick. If you want, you can go investigate the new Temple. I think...you should get something to eat, too. I'll be there in a moment."

With that, Ara went to her private room on the ship and changed into a new set of robes. They were thick enough to be warm, but not too thick as to be too hot. Instead of her normal blue, however, they were a different color.

Snow white with black around the edges of the sleeves.

White for new beginnings, and black for remembrance...

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Ara cracked her neck as she finished something on her ship. She smirked as she held up the finished product.

Not only a jeweler, but a seamstress as well. ...I hope I got the size right. The folded the tunic and pants and put them in a small bag. Taking it with her, she walked through the new temple, using the Force to guide her to her padawan.

Ara smiled. Xel had found the mess hall easily enough, it seemed. She grabbed some food herself and sat down next to her padawan.

"Heya. I made you a present. You'll need it." She put the bag in front of him. As she dug into her food, she went on. "I have to hurry. I guess the council is having a meeting. You can come, if you like."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Ara smiled.

"I'm glad you like the gift--and I'm even happier it fits you. I had to guess on the size, obviously." She finished eating and stood up. "I'm gonna head to the chambers now. Finish up and get changed, if you like, then try to follow my Force signature to the chambers." Ara winked. "Think of it as a little more training. I'll see you then."

She walked briskly to the council chambers, finding her way easily. She entered, bowed to her fellow council members, and found a seat.

"Sorry, I had to take care of a few things. What has happened?"

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Ara thought for a moment, and felt her padawan's confusion. Attacking Jedi...who'da thunk? Still, we need to take some consideration into this, I think.

Leaning forward, Ara finally spoke. "But who to do the digging? If the Sith or imperials got wind of what we know, certainly they'd up and leave quicker than anything." She took a slow breath. "And personally, I'd like to have some advantage over them."

Shifting slightly in her seat, she went on. "As far as DJ goes, I was allowed to train and do other things at our old base, even when I wasn't fully a Jedi due to...some circumstances beyond my control." Coughing, she added, "As far as him saying anything against the order, well...his perogative, I suppose. Its not exactly a good thing to kick allies out our door when we're just getting started again."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Ara pursed her lips. I get why Kirlocca's so frustrated. I would be, too, I guess. She suppressed a laugh. Scratch that. I was that frustrated once.

"Any position to find out info is a dangerous one. Not to mention that the Hutts are quite dangerous themselves, so no matter what, the situation would be less than favorable. In the end, I leave it up to you." The young Jedi Master stood and held up her comm. "I'll have my comm on if you need me. In the meantime, I'm going to go and train with my padawan."

Shoving her comm back in her pocket, she gestured to Xel to follow her. She headed out of the room in a quiet manner and began to make her way to a room where she could teach Xel some new techniques.

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

OOC: Xel has informed me that he's going to camp, so he has given me permission to post his actions for the next two weeks--just to let you all know.

IC:

Ara threw off her backpack as she entered the room and sat down close to it. Sighing, she cricked her neck and said, "Sorry about the council. I never liked a lot of those meetings. No matter what was going on, they always seemed tense. You can feel it in the Force, I swear."

She began to dig in her bag. "Now, I had something to practice with in here, where is it...?"

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Ara stopped looking through her bag and stared up at the ceiling. The framework was very intricate, especially for some sort of sea-going vessel. It looked incredibly sturdy, with crossbeams and such shooting everywhere.

She frowned. "To be honest, I'm not exactly sure. I hadn't really heard of this 'Manaan' until the beacon tugged me here. It reminds me a lot of another planet, though. A giant world of only water, with constant storms and very little living space. Kamino. It'd be interesting if the two were connected somehow."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Ara stood up and grabbed her lightsaber. Gesturing for Xel to stand up, she said, "In light of recent events, I think its time to learn some combat moves with your lightsaber. Switch it to low power." He did so, and Ara did as well.

"I showed you how to hold the lightsaber's hilt before, and to use it to block laser bolts. Now I'll teach you some basic moves and such."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Ara sighed and shut down her lightsaber, instructing Xel to do the same.

"Another council meeting. C'mon, let's go." She hefted her backpack on her back and jogged to the chambers.

Sitting down, she looked around. "Why did this meeting get called?"

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Ara leaned back in her chair, her hands in front of her face with her fingertips barely touching.

"We've had to combine forces in the past to a similar effect." She looked at Neo kindly and bowed her head. "I am glad you have decided to follow the Light side of the Force, Neo. May you serve it well."

Quickly turning her demeanor from formal to, well, informal, she looked at BC.

"So, you'll go, and most likely...Tares? We should know who's going, and keep in contact in case something should go wrong. Our communication in the past has been rather crappy, y'know. That's part of our downfall--the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Ara put her head in her hands, unable to believe what had just happened.

Hou-Jo, gone...I've had to do it too, I understand, but...

"This cannot be happening..." She looked up at the ceiling. "And yet...it is."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

• 1 year later...

In its own small cargo delivery system, a small package arrives for Darla. On the outside of the package, a small note is attached.

Darla--

A man in the Last Call wanted me to deliver this to you. I know not what it holds, so I hope you will be careful when you open it.

--Ara-Lai Kaipi

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

• 1 year later...

The Corellian freighter known as the Yume no Tsukikage landed on Manaan. Ara departed the ship, locking it up securely behind her, and made her way through the center, trying to find Aryian and Armiena.

Where oh where have the bride and groom gone, oh where oh where could they be...?

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Ara frowned at Isolder. "I don't know what you're talking about with me 'running with' Tzeentch. I knew him, as he was in a relationship with a friend of mine, and there was a time when I was brought to her in order to recover from a run-in with Vladimir Faust. I also saw him one other time, in the Jedi temple on Coruscant, I believe. Other than that, I had little to no contact with him." She cleared her throat rather pointedly. "I would appreciate it if you would not insinuate such things in the future, especially when it isn't in one bit true."

Heaving a sigh, Ara went on, "But the sword sounds troublesome, to say the least, particularly if it was made by one of the 'gods'." It was even more trouble if it was made by Tzeentch, Ara didn't add. She knew that Tzeentch had been a master of the art of alchemy, most likely even better than her and using implements of the dark side as well as of the light. Given what Sanare could do, and the feelings of dark she had gotten off of the Sith-crafted sword that had nearly killed Armiena, the abilities of this other god-sword could be nothing but insane.

In her thought, Ara ran her fingers down the hilt of Sanare in a calming motion. The blade didn't speak, but let out a low hum of reassurance.

"What precisely is this sword capable of, regardless of who holds it?"

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

"Unaffected by the...hm. That is definitely interesting," Ara said quietly, mostly to herself. "My first guess, then, is that this person either learned to control the effect, or that they were perhaps so corrupt to begin with that they can control the sword with little problem." She scratched the back of her head, a half-wince of thought on her face. "Regardless, one of the first manners of 'business' would be to find who has the sword and where it is."

She turned to Isolder, thoughts and ideas still racing through her mind even as she spoke. "I don't suppose you have any idea how to accomplish that, or are we all going to have to figure this out from, more or less, scratch? I don't mean to be rude, I'm just concerned." A long breath escaped Ara's lips, her worry and frustration showing clearly. "Quite obviously, this isn't good, and I don't doubt your source. I've had my own...dealings with the dead, as well as with living souls. They can be rather talkative, given the chance, can't they?"

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

"She also had two sons by him."

Ara breathed in deeply, speaking as she exhaled. "I know of Amon, who has since become a Jedi and a good man in his own right. There is also Krishna, a rather impish young man whom I met during my time on Yavin IV." A faint smile crossed her face as she recalled her game of tag with the half-god on the jungle-bound planet. "But Skye...she paid for her time with Tzeentch, almost with her very being. I had to retrieve her soul for her after her time with the Chaos God was over; she had gotten lost after going into a trance to try and save herself."

Ara shook her head. "In any case, Skye would know much more than I would. All I knew about Tzeentch myself is that he was--or is?--a god, and that he had something to do with alchemy. He mentioned the subject in one of the few times we talked." Ara patted Sanare lightly. "And it is a subject I'm fond of. But anyway, we need to mobilize, I think, and find out as much as we can before we regroup. Keep in contact until then. Agreed?"

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Everything seemed to happen in the blink of an eye, and before Ara knew it, Hou-Jo was gone, and one of Ara's lightsabers gone with him.

From her vantage point on the floor, Ara glanced up, trying to catch her breath. Sanare, on the other hand, was glowing a very angry red, simmering in it's sheath.

"Why..." Ara coughed. "Why do people always, always steal my lightsabers?" She rubbed her throat gingerly, working the Force through it to heal the damage that Hou-Jo had done, as well as to ease her nerves. "Blast it. I could try and track the thing with Sanare, given the similarity of the crystals, but he's probably too far by now." The Jedi banged her head on the ground before attempting to stand up. However, she instead wobbled and fell back on the ground.

"Ah, what a brilliant Jedi I am. Blindsided by a friend, and now unable to stand on my own two feet." She glanced at Isolder, her eyes shining with thought behind her glasses. "I wonder if that blade you mentioned somehow had something to do with this...? Hou-Jo isn't always the most conventional of Jedi, but I would never doubt his alliances until...well, that."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Ara nodded thanks to Armiena's mother, wincing slightly. Healed or not, burns still hurt, and the brain seemed to take longer to catch up on the fact that there were no longer wounds than the body. "I appreciate the help, Miss Draygo." Her words were uncertain; she still wasn't positive as to how the woman would like to be referred to during conversation. "I've met with Force lightning before, and I can say with unfortunate experience that the only thing worse than that is a disruptor blast."

It was then that she noticed the gauntlet that Armiena's mother was using to heal the wounds. You tend to take healing abilities for granted when surrounded by Jedi... With her good hand, Ara removed her glasses to peer at the glove. "That's an interesting implement you have. Quite useful, too. Again, thank you." The Jedi left it at that--if either Armiena or her mother wanted to elaborate on the gauntlet's origins, it was up to them. Ara wasn't one to pry.

Ara looked to the new bride and the obvious leader of their group. "I'm not sure I've ever been to the Temple on Phu, to be honest, so I'm not sure I have the coordinates. I'm assuming that Hou-Jo is aware of it as well?"

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Ara blinked at the gauntlet and offered a quick apology. Given that Sanare can talk, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. In any case, time to go.

With that, Ara went to her ship and flew off planet into hyperspace.

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!