The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

History would record the planet of Manaan as a planet with no sides but its own. Records would show this watery planet as home to an advanced species bound to no sides. Their ability to remain upon the fence was due to one thing: Kolto.

A key in the medical fields. What was bacta of the era, Kolto was a powerful healing agent harvested from the ocean surface. It was this one thing that kept the locals nuetral during the sith war between the Sith and Republic. Unfortunately through time, this advantage was destroyed. Its spotlight in history was moved to more important local events.

Typically, history manages to fish out important parts for the present to observe. However, one thing remained hidden on this peaceful water world. Something that now would prove to be key in today's events, The Eternal Vigilance.

Roaming the underwater world long ago, a large mass was home to thousands. More than just a vessel, the very force flowed through its veins. It provided a home where others could learn, train, and live. The expansion of the mind was the primary focus here, until the end.

The Eternal Vigilance was built long ago by ancient force users. Once a peaceful and calm planet, Manaan now has become nothing but a world full of storms and water. Spanning at over a kilometer, the vessel was capable of travelling down to the very deepest parts of the ocean, many miles below. For defense, the ship carried multiple shield generators, and 34 multi-purpose torpedo tubes.

Despite being ancient, the systems are more than a match for anything present in today's world. Although the defenses are a true marvel to behold, the real wonder is what lays on the inside of the vessel.

The interior, unlike many subwater vessels, are open and roomy. Full of artistic rooms made for training, living, and being. Each room is decorated so that it seems to tell its own story of the past. Among other things there are quarters, training rooms, and the council chambers.

Made of traditional circular design, the council chambers lay at the top of the long ship. It's windows open to the oceans, the chamber is a marvel to behold. It is here the council can sit attending to those needed.

The last wonder of the Vigilance is its computer system. Tied in to 7 holocrons, the system holds the knoweldge of many force users. As with a holocron, the information is presented through the avatars of several jedi masters through the use of holoprojectors.

Out of the sky into the rain, a ship approaches the floating vessel. Into the fighter bay, Tares gets out and heads into the council chambers. From there through the force, he activated the Becon, a call through the force to Jedi only, calling them home....

tares.jpg

Sensing more people arrive onboard the ship, Tares smiled as the damage he thought had been done was minimal in terms of people. Through the array of sense, he could feel a questioning mind in the crowd, seeking him out.

Having only searched for alittle time, Tares finally found Darex....

tares.jpg

OOC: Kirlocca, Tarrian nulled Ob's actions. No one knows we are here.

IC: Tares sighed as he sat back in his chair thinking, "Well young one, if you are seeking the guidance of a typical jedi, then I'm afraid I am the wrong person to ask. You see, unlike many of my fellow knights and masters, I tend to view things alittle differently. If you wish to accept my opinion or not, I will leave up to you."

Sitting up, he brought his hand to his chin, "To a true lightside Jedi, your actions would be out of the question. If any chance arises for a darksider to be turned again, a Jedi must take it. However, for me, I am not a lightsider, nor a darksider. To me the force just is, there is no dark or light, no good or evil. There is only the truth. The truth is, your actions had they been successful, would have rid the galaxy of a man who has killed many in the past, and is likely to do that again. In this case, you would have possibily saved many lives."

He sighed, "I'm afraid my help may not be what you seek young one. To me, all you were doing was acting out of instinct in the situation you were given. That is all anyone can do, it is why we train through our decided art so that we can act a specific way when a situation like that arises again. My suggestion to you, is to make up your own mind. No other can decide what is right and wrong for you. If you let them do this, then you are merely a slave to them, and their lightside or darkside."

Through the force he sensed Skye, letting her know it was alright to enter....

tares.jpg

Tares smiled, "It was no problem at all. I'm sure you could have held your own, I just figured two heads are better than one. Speaking of your untrained state, I'd like to talk with you alittle later abou that. For right now, I have a council meeting to attend."

With a nodd to the two hopefuls, Tares stepped off. Into the hall, a technician came to him, handing over a square device found on the new transport brought in.

Making his way into the chambers, Wookie Jedi was already in the process of presenting his ideas, "And with Ob offering his loyalty, we could use Bespin as an outpost against them. But, the only information I have is the location of the temple, not what defense it has or other stuff like that." He stated.

Taking the time to let the jedi finish, Tares went into the discussion, "I would be questionable about Ob's loyalty." He said, setting down the tracking device found on the new transport, "Our sensor jammers caught the device before it was able to relay our location."

He took his seat and continued, "My question for you Master Jedi is where does this plan arise? A feeling of revenge?"

tares.jpg

Taking his seat, Tares thought for a second, "In order for any attack to work, we still need the location and allies." He went further.

"I know for a fact that is would have been impossible for you to have gotten the coordinates. From the little I have observed with the Sith, AP wouldn't take any chances of having an iffy apperentice know the location of the Sith base...."

tares.jpg

Tares shook his head, "The sith have been known to take their training to other planets as well. It is this way that they can prepare their apperentice's for other terrians when it comes to combat. Just because AP mentioned the planet was called Mimban doesn't mean the base is on there."

He stood up, "We have just came from an other attack on our own temple. We still have a few Jedi still out there in this dangerous galaxy, while the rest is recovering. Until we gather ourselves, we are in no position to go out on a limb to a planet that we know hardly anything about, on a guess that the sith base is there. Even if the Jedi were at full strength, the idea of going into the unknown where the danger is that of the sith, is careless at best...."

tares.jpg

Tares held the doors shut with the force before the two jedi could enter, then stood up. He looked straight to Hou-Jo, "You are telling me you brought Master Kenobi here to judge him? To see if we should "take action against him"?"

Looking to the door, he returned his gaze to Hou-jo, "Not only is this not the time for something like this, but it isn't this council's place to place judgement upon him. Those he teaches fully accept his teachings, therefor he has every right to pass along his knowledge even with out this order's consent. On top of that, we simply won't change his mind about the order based on our words alone. It's the council's lack of action that he has taken a disliking to. Every single being in this galaxy has their right to their own opinion, we will not accomplish anything to counter act that fact...."

tares.jpg

Tares looked to the ground, "He isn't being left out of the order Hou-jo. He has decided to remain apart from it, if we can't respect this choice and instead try to convince him that we aren't as bad as he thinks, then we aren't doing our jobs. He has seen little action from this council, which was the reason he didn't even join so long ago. The fact is, there has been little action from the jedi in the past...."

tares.jpg

"Let us look at the facts on the subject. All we have is basicly a guess when it comes to having the Sith on Mimban. Once again I post out the fact that nothing suggests this is actually the sith base. Sith activily travel around many times during training and missions. Mimban could just have been an other travel destination. Second, we have no reliable sources to turn to to get this infomation."

Tares shifted in his chair, "The hutts that you are think we can turn to are less than trust worthy. They even gave you a new ship in the attempt to track the new location of the Vigilance. They betrayed us in our time of need. Finally look at the state of condition the jedi are in. We are in no position to just go out on limbs to trust the hutts, or trust that the sith base is on Mimban...."

tares.jpg

Nodding in agreement, Tares stood up, "Agreed, I will leave the decision up to Master Blackclone. In the meantime, I have some business to attend to."

With that he made his way down to the mess hall where he found a familar face eating. Getting his food, he then made his way over to Skye, "Mind if I join you?"

tares.jpg

Nodding to Kirlocca, Tares smiled, "Well if you excuse me, I think it's time for my morning run."

Leaving behind a datapad for Skye displaying his "padawan proposal letter", the Jedi made his way onto his run. He knew that the young hopeful would find her way to him should she be interested....

tares.jpg

Tares smiled as they neared a doorway, "Very interesting. I believe we should start with some combat training."

Entering, he made his way over to a control panel and activated the holographic display. In the middle of the room, a brown robed being appeared. The holocron quietly smiled as he waited for instruction.

Loading all the information on known combat styles, he turned to Skye, "As a Jedi, sometimes the need to fight arises. It is in these situations that knowledge of combat is key. Through my teaching, actually learning a style will take but a few moments. However, training is still required since knowledge alone isn't comparable to experience. I will let you decide what you wish to learn...."

tares.jpg

Tares nodded, "Very well."

Motioning for the young padawan to sit on the floor, he himself took a spot on the floor and relaxed. "Over the years I have discovered a focus of a specific mental aspect of the force. Whereas the normal force user uses this mental aspect to do things like mind tricks, I've developed several techniques to form mental links with others. Between these links, there is a world the users share inwhich time is different."

Drawing up the force, he breathed in, "To teach you these arts, would normally take many years to just know the techniques. However I can reduce this portion of training by placing a link between us. However realize that even if you know the techniques, it will take much training to make them effective in combat. Let's begin."

With a link between them, what seemed like months spent learning, passed with in a few minutes. After sometime, the two woke up, "How do you feel?" He asked....

tares.jpg

Tares smiled, "Good, from this point on it will be your job to train in these arts each morning. With in time, they will become second nature to you. Just remember, the ability to fight is only one component to being a jedi. The ability to only fight when needed, is something else."

Standing up, he stretched for a few moments, "So tell me. What direction do you see yourself heading in during your training. What kind of jedi do you wish to become?"

tares.jpg

Nodding along, Tares thought for a few moments. It was rare to see a Jedi these days interested in something other than battle. "The healing arts are a noble thing to dip into. I think you will find them quite an experience."

With that he brought up the holocron again and keyed up some information on the typical Jedi healing arts and healer....

tares.jpg

"Hmm, an interesting path to say the least. Life has a seemingly random way of bring an unlikely bunch together under one purpose."

Taking a seat on the floor next to Skye, Tares took a couple breaths then continued, "There is no denying that like your father, you as well are strong in the force. Your early talents at healing are a testiment to that. However, there is also no denying the deep emotion you hold with in you. Some would label these emotions good and bad, obviously the bad ones straying you towards the darkside. Yet I would call them human emotions. Now the question is, what will you do? Supress these emotions, let them control you, or you control them?"

tares.jpg

Tares laughed, "To live a life with out love is not life at all. Sadly, it's merely like an empty shell, nothing there but space, and pain. I would hate to condem any padawan of mine to that fate."

Stretching out with the force, the jedi could sense thoughts of Darex in her mind, "I figured this would be a subject on your mind. If I may ask, and hopefully offer some help in such a confusing situation, how do you feel towards him?"

tares.jpg

Tares just kept smiling, "There is no reason to feel guilty about your feelings. The position you find yourself in isn't all that uncommon. Infact, I faced a similar situation when I was but a child. A girl was involved one of the same training programs as myself. Unfortunately, the program forbid any type of 'useless' relationship as they defined a boy's crush on a girl. Looking back, I know now it was probably just lust. Yet love and lust seem to be nearly identical at times. I never acted upon those feelings, and here I am today still loveless."

Keeping his smile, Tares began to stretch, "I'm afraid my experience with love is limited. However, I can tell you that from what I observe of you, your emotions at this level are natural, and well under control. I believe that the answers you seek will present themselves in time...."

tares.jpg

Tares smiled as he stood up, "Unfortunately our defeat at Hoth has stung alittle. However that should be no reason to take away from training. Now that you mention it, I just may have a mission for your padawan and yourself. You see, my brother just recently took the hideaway of Pacalis City on Munto Codru, and placed the city in space in his new space station. As a result, the rebellion has had to relocate their base. Because of this, we have lost contact with our allies, but I have a feeling more has changed than just their base."

He took a breath, looked at his padawan, then returned his gaze to Keiran, "It will no doubt be a hard task, however I have every confidence in Onderin and you. I want you to try and find the rebellion, if not their base atleast make contact with them. If you do find them, tell them that the Jedi haven't abandoned them...."

tares.jpg

To Keiran, Tares nodded that he understood the ship's potential. Acting "normal", the jedi merely said, "You can tell me later, right now we have a new arrival."

As his comm beeped, Tares took it out and gave Kyp clearance to land. From there he looked towards Bena, "I am sorry that Master Kenobi left. The council was busy during the time, and unfortunately we freed up right as he left. Anyways, I do believe I have something in mind for you. We are currently in search for the rebellion. Keiran here and his padawan will be heading out to make contact, however we could cover more ground with a few more agents out on the field. Would you be interested in trying out different locations for Rebel Contact?"

tares.jpg

"For a short time. His connections may lead you to the rebellion. Good luck on your mission, but if you excuse us, I still have alot to teach my new padawan." He said with a smile.

Turning to Skye, he thumbed his belt, "I think alittle field trip is in order...."

tares.jpg