The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

BC listened to Kirlocca. As he spoke he leaned forward in his chair.

I do not trust the Hutts or their associates. Let us see what other avenues we can go across first. Ob Ordeena is a sly and dangerous man, trust him we cannot. However, a planned attack on the Sith would not be a bad idea at this point.

BC stroked his hairy chin and thought.

I agree with Hou jo on this. Ob is not the best ally to have.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

Taking his seat, Tares thought for a second, "In order for any attack to work, we still need the location and allies." He went further.

"I know for a fact that is would have been impossible for you to have gotten the coordinates. From the little I have observed with the Sith, AP wouldn't take any chances of having an iffy apperentice know the location of the Sith base...."

tares.jpg

Nom rounded one last corner and finally found his way back to the docking bay. He was relieved that he had made it, he kind of got a little lost on his way back.

He slowly made his way to Mathis, wondering what planet they were going to, if they were leaving at all.

"So, where to?"

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

As Ish walks around the corrodors he sees other hopefuls and jedi with their masters. Jedi were still arriving and he could feel the presence of more and more force sensatives as their numbers grew. The architecture of the ship was stunning. Long graceful arches at every crossing over every intersection of hallways. The hallways seemed to flow into the rooms. There was a general white hue on everything as if it were glowing with appreciation now that the jedi had come there. Here and there blue flood lights would shine up at the ceiling which in turn reflected the light to give the innerworkings of the vessel a seaworthy calm blue color.

Before Ish knew it he had traversed from one side of the vessel to the other. He decided to head back the other way to see if he was missing anything. As he made his way about three fourths down the ship he glanced down the hall and saw Skye. She seemed to be glowing herself and looked quite beautiful. He would compliment her as a friend, but then again he knew there was something maybe up between her and Darex. As the two came nearer to eachother Skye spotted him as well. Ish smiled to see that she'd noticed him.

As the two came closer Ish asked "How are you doing".....cliche-of-a- greeting Ish thought, but it will do. Maybe this time she'd be ready to spare. He imagined she had honed her skills quite well in any case. Of course he didn't want to see pushy about it, so he did not ask her about it straight away.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

(Darex, you're Ami right?)

(Will be away for next four days, anyone can post for me. Just don't kill me, ok?)

Darsha went around looking for her new master and for the food center. She'd ripped off the ankle bandage a long time ago and she didn't think the sprain (or was it a dislocation?) was that serious after all.

Hmmm..... maybe he might be at the food center. So let's just kill two birds with one stone, shall we?

Hmph, you know I can't eat. Alderaan said.

So I'll torment you with a view of the food. Hmmm. that's three birds with one stone.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

((OOC: Has anyone seen Jake (a.k.a. deafhuman) lately?))

Ben'a sighed at the limp, smiling form of his padawan as he lifted him into his arms and carried him off to the medical bay. Though he did not use the Force to aid his lifting, Aryian's comatose body was surprisingly light. Once he had set him carefully into a bed in sickbay, Ben'a tasked the medical droid to keep an eye on the young apprentice, with a nutrient feed and nanocleaners. Meanwhile, he had his own needs to take care of, and then the needs of several other things.

Ten minutes later, Ben'a strode confidently into the mess hall, where several of the hopefuls that had been at Hoth were sitting, eating, and talking amongst themselves. The Knight could feel the Force radiating from them; he smiled to himself as he thought of how they would eventually attain Knighthood themselves. "The order is in good hands," he thought to himself as he piled food high onto a plate and procured a glass of butterbeer. He sat at a bench opposite a chatting group of hopefuls (Skye Organa, Ish Ka Bibl and Darex Trevelian), and suddenly ravenous, began to stuff food into his mouth, quite forgetting his air of would-be regalness upon entering.

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

( hey Goodwood, Last time deafhuman posted in Rp was Sat Jun 05, 2004 05:59 pm. Last time he posted in General was Tue Jun 08, 2004 04:07 pm”¦ I think)

IC

Spock gave Nom a small smile and a nod as Nom excused him self. As he continued to eat he looked about the room at the other Jedi.

spock.jpg

*Kirlocca kept his calm in the middle of a controled choas. He looked at Tares, since he was the one jedi council memeber throwing questions at him, which he was ready in advance to answer.*

"I do not wish to strike at the sith from revenge, I found that most of the jedi are feeling bad. They do not think we have any strength left, but this attack would show them that."

*Kirlocca then turned towards Gantoris to answer another qeustion.*

"I have thought about weather or not Ob is someone to place trust in. He may not be the best ally we have, but then again...we don't really have anyone else to trust in, and we cannot do this attack by ourslefs."

*Kirlocca turned back around to look at Tares. He made sure his eyes locked with his, and then he spoke.*

"I know you do not trust anything AP would have told me, I barley believed any of it either, but I did check it out. Mimban, is the name of the world he told me. I looked, he have no records of it, yet at the same time, the Blacksun headquaters did have it's location. And thier came right from Imperial palace itself. My feelings tell me that it is a real place, and that the sith now rest there."

*Kirlocca still had more info for them, but untill they were done talking about what info he gave them already, he would wait to give it to them.*

The food provided by the ship was excellent -- better then any that Ben'a could recall tasting. The Jedi continued to eat, seemingly ignoring hte inquiries of Skye from across the table. But he touched her for the briefest of moments through the Force, telling her quite plainly that he needed to eat first. Though he was trying his best to avoid looking like a complete slob, there was still an urgency to his eating, a need to fill his stomach with as much as he could possibly pack away. Finally, with a long pull from the glass of butterbeer he had brought with him, he apologized, then regarded Skye's concerns about his apprentice.

"First of all, I have not eaten in quite some time, so I apologize for my haste. And in regards to my padawan, he is...asleep...that is all I can say to explain it. Thankfully, he should be well cared for by the medical droids, so I need not worry about him for the time being." Ben'a drained his glass, then continued. "My other apprentice is, I fear, lost...but not dead. He is out there, somewhere, but before I can look for him, I have matters to attend to."

Ben'a paused for a long moment, though, as he regarded the three young hopefuls before him. Something seemed to flow between the three, that much Ben'a could see through the Force, but what it was needed further investigation on his part. Sitting up in his seat to regard the trio, Ben'a felt into their minds, probing their thoughts with a benevolant air. Almost immediately, he felt the attention that Ish and Derex paid to Skye; it was something that resembled attraction, but it wasn't quite there, it wasn't quite fully formed. It seemed to the Knight that the two didn't quite know what or how they felt about the young woman between them, and to Ben'a, that was a danger sign. Though they had done nothing wrong -- yet -- they needed to acknowledge their feelings first. But Skye, too, was not immune to turmoil, Ben'a could see.

She was at once beautiful in her physicality, and in her presence in the Force; she had a sense of determination, of resourcefulness that could prove a blessing for some, or a curse for others. Ben'a could feel his own slight attraction to her, but he had other priorities, and so this mattered little other then the need to nurture her connection, for she, like her companions, was unsure where she belonged. At once, Ben'a knew why -- the lack of Masters available to train them to full Knighthood, to show them the way of the Force, and the dangers of using its darker powers. And as he felt into the unsure minds of these hopefuls, he realized what his father meant about having much to learn; and to learn that, Ben'a knew that he must go out on his own -- into the galaxy at large -- to find something useful to do, and from doing it, to gain understanding. But first things first...

After what seemed like an hour to Ben'a, he disengaged his mind-probe from the trio of students. He smiled warmly at all three of them as they stared at him; and then he spoke to them, his voice that of compassionate admonition.

"The three of you, Ish, Skye, and Derex, share a bond, though it is ill-defined at the moment. I feel that, through continuous training between you with the guidence of a Master possessed of great wisdom, you will be a great force within the Order. However, I am not anywhere near that, and so I fear you will have to wait until someone long in service to the Jedi comes along." Again, Ben'a paused to regard the three.

"The best course of action for now, I feel, is for you three to sort out the feelings you have for eachother. Passion, emotions, and chaos that serves no useful purpose must be purged from yourselves if you wish to avoid corruption from the dark side. Though I suspect you may grow sick of being lectured on this, it is nonetheless true; unrestrained emotions lead to unfettered passions, that result in chaotic actions that disrupt and destroy. But I have faith in the Force and in you three, that you can work it out, and that you will acquit yourselves exceptionally well in the trials that lie ahead. But in the meantime, I must leave you. May the Force be with you..."

Nodding to all three as he did so, Ben'a rose from his seat, strode over to the recycling unit, and placed his dishes and assorted post-meal debris in it. With one last turn to regard the others gathered in the dining area, the Knight turned and left, striding gracefully towards the Council chambers, letting the Force-presence of the assembled Masters guide him thusly.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Darex ate, listening intently to what Ben'a was saying. He knew it was true and sound advice. When the master left the table, he finished up quickly and turned to Ish and Skye.

"Well, I think we should take his advice," he said slowly. "We should talk. I don't want to fall to the Dark Side, and if talking out our feelings will help, I'm ready."

He got up and found a small room, decorated in a watery theme similar to the planet itself. He sat down and turned to his companions.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

"Mimban? Sounds somewhat familiar. Wherever the Sith are, there choice for being there is because the planet must offer a natural defense. The Sith have the capacity to think like us. Dagobah, Hoth, even here, offers a natural resistence to attack. Mimban must also have this too. We cannot launch an attack until this natural defense has been discovered, the planet undoubtedly has one."

Tares shook his head, "The sith have been known to take their training to other planets as well. It is this way that they can prepare their apperentice's for other terrians when it comes to combat. Just because AP mentioned the planet was called Mimban doesn't mean the base is on there."

He stood up, "We have just came from an other attack on our own temple. We still have a few Jedi still out there in this dangerous galaxy, while the rest is recovering. Until we gather ourselves, we are in no position to go out on a limb to a planet that we know hardly anything about, on a guess that the sith base is there. Even if the Jedi were at full strength, the idea of going into the unknown where the danger is that of the sith, is careless at best...."

tares.jpg

Ben'a arrived at the entrance to the Council chambers of the Eternal Vigilance. By the way the entrance was currently closed, the Knight could tell that a meeting was taking place, and by the feelings he was able to gleem from the Councilmembers, this meeting in particular was an important one. But there remained the need for the Knight to address the Council, and to ask of them what they needed of him in the meantime. And as he broadcast his feelings for them to hear, he sat at the entrance, waiting to be summoned inside.

Even as he dwelled on his questions, he felt that things would be different in the future; and this meeting very well might signal that change.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Seeing as he was hungry, and as he knew his padawan was probably eating, Ryoo went to the mess hall. And, of course, Darsha was there stuffing her face. Ryoo went and got some food, then sat down beside her and ate waiting to see how long it would take her to notice her master was beside her. Once she finaly did, Ryoo just said a few words.

"Finish eating... it's time to train. You will find me in my room." And with that, Ryoo got up and headed to his living quarters...

ryoocopy-1.jpg

For those of you who knew me, it was great, for those who didn't, welcome.

http://www.naese.com/images/Ryoojaxxon.jpg

Ish reguarded Ben'a s comments in a rather confused manor. He indeed had feelings for Skye, but he was just a caring friend of hers....YES he told himself that is all. I may have connection with her, but it is only because of the way we met, on the barren fields of Hoth. She, physically so weak, yet so strong in the force was one of the few friends Ish had made throughout his Jedi training, short though it had been.

Ish knew his place now though thanks to Ben'a. He would keep up his friendship with Skye and patiently wait for any master that would have him. He knew he could do well, but also came to the realization that all good things come in time to those who wait. He glanced over at Skye and shot her smile, which he instantly (as always) received back. "Shall we spare now, or do you feel the need to dwell on his advice?" Ish asked Skye as sat by him. She seemed to be pondering her decision so Ish patiently waited.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

*Kirlocca looked at Tares.*

"Master Tares, I do not plan to attack them right now. I intend to find out what defense they might have before I prepare for an attack. And even then, we have no way to make it Jedi Vs. Sith. The Imperials would be along so fast to aid them. We would first have to find a way to leave them out of it."

*Kirlocca took a moment to let his mind fall into the force, he felt a jedi waiting behind the council chamber doors. He decided that was for the council to choose weather or not he was allowed in. He brought his full attenion back to the council.*

"All I ask master, is permission to comfirm that they are there, and then to to plan a possible attack against them."

"I believe that we will have to discuss this matter for an extended period of time. This decision can't be rushed, it is very important, and is very life-threatening. Even investigating their whereabouts will require time. We know nothing about the planet, anything could happen while investigating it."

Hou-Jo rose to his feet, "If you will excuse me a moment."

Hou-Jo put down his hood and exited the Council Chamber for a moment, to converse with Ben'a.

"Hello Ben'a, what can I do for you?"

Ben'a was in the midst of gathering his thoughts when the door to the Council chambers opened with a rushing hiss, and Hou-Jo Poleb exited. He was dislodged from his reverie by the elder Jedi's question, so he stood up to answer, keeping his voice steady and calm.

"Master Hou-Jo, I have come to request a mission from the Jedi Council. I feel that I need to have something useful to do; something that will take me out into the galaxy at large. My apprentice is comatose, and will be that way for a long time to come, I know. Another to whom I promised training is...lost. I have a feeling that I might be able to garner a clue as to his whereabouts while I am away, but the mission would be first priority."

Ben'a waited for the Councilman's reply, relieved that he had managed to express his feelings. He was careful, though, to keep it to himself.

goodwoodsig.jpg

"You want an assignment? All right, I don't believe this will require needing have to speak with the rest of the Council, so let me think."

Hou-Jo rubbed his chin for a moment, "All right. I want you to find Dhan-Jaroe Kenobi and tell him that his presence is requested to be at the Jedi base. Do not leave until he has informed you of his intentions to leave or not. Also, don't tell him who sent you. If he refuses to leave, either inform me via hologram transmission, or come back to tell me in person. Do you know your mission?"

Hearing the assignment, Ben'a nodded his understanding to Hou-Jo. However, things didn't quite add up as he thought deeper on what the elder Jedi would have him do; he knew that Kenobi had been opposed to Poleb's taking command of the council in Master BC's absence, and he knew that the two were highly opposed in their methods and philosophies. Not to mention the icy tones with which the two regarded each other... But when Ben'a finally spoke, it was with a detached curiosity; not a hint of his thinking was evident to the Jedi standing before him.

"I understand the mission, Master Poleb. Do you have any suggestions as to where I should begin my search?"[/i]

goodwoodsig.jpg

Hou-Jo tried to think. "I would suggest that you try going to the Last Call, Dhan-Jaroe has been known for his drinking. Good luck."

Hou-Jo went back into the Coucil Chamber and sat down. He waited for Tares or BLCKCLONE to say something to Kirlocca, or for Kirlocca to say something.

Xel's face dropped its mask of calm disinterest, showing clearly he was concerned about what he was hearing from the council.

An attack against the Sith base? What for? Doesn't part of the code say that a Jedi uses the Force to defend, not to attack?

He leaned slightly toward his master, thinking to whisper his thoughts to her. He halted though, and stood straight once more, keeping his thoughts to himself for now. He again tried to appear emotionless on the outside, while trying to honestly control hisemotions within. He told himself repeatedly that the Council would not take any actions that went against the code. He thought that if he told himself enough times he might believe it.

Woot. Kira be back home.

Goodwood's Anti-P.I.M.P. Padawan.

Go California. My Governor can beat up your Governor. What now?

As the door to the Council chambers resealed itself, Ben'a turned about to head back to his ship, threading through the long corridors of the vessal as it cruised about the oceans of Manaan. So the former master to his former master was to be the target of his search; and though Ben'a knew Hou-Jo's reasons for finding him, he wanted to hear Dhan-Jaroe's version of why he had professed to leave the Order. Ben'a also got a faint feeling that Hou-Jo didn't entirely regard him as a true Jedi, if only for the reason of those who had had hands in his training. But this aspect didn't concern him in the least; he was a Jedi, like his father before him.

As he continued to meander through the splendidly white halls of the Eternal Vigilance, Ben'a's ear cought the tootling, rasping, and hooting of Ayevit; the diminuative droid whistling his greetings as he fell in behind his master. Ben'a smiled at the astromech that his father and aunt had built, wondering what had ever happened to that DL-44 owned by his grandfather. He suspected that it was somewhere, ready to be used when needed.

"Its good to see you again, as well, Ayevit. We're going out again, it seems."

Ayevit responded with a chorus of warbles and clicks.

"Yes, I'm sure you'll be fine where we're going."

The two arrived at last back at the docking bay, and after making sure Ayevit was snug in the socket behind his snubfighter cockpit, Ben'a loaded up his own belongings, then climbed in. He soon had the repulsorlifts powered, and in no time at all, the XJ3 model X-wing was soaring over the whitecaps of the Manaan seas, angling for the starfield above. Once in space, Ayevit plotted a course for Coruscant, and the Last Call in particular.

"If he's still there," Ben'a said under his breath.

"My data shows that Coruscant is still there," came Ayevit's translated reply, which made Ben'a laugh heartily as he set the hyperdrive, and the starfighter winked out of the system.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Skye sat quietly sipping at her caffa as Ben'a, Ish and Darex ate, getting a silent message from Ben'a that he needed to have nourishment before answering her questions. Once he had finished eating she feels a jolt of sadness when Ben'a speaks of Aryian, also showing him sympathy and compassion for the loss of his other Apprentice. She vaguely recalled seeing Jake on Hoth but not since, in fact the last time she saw him was during the battle just before the Sith, Impede, had attacked her. She hopes that he is alright and that Ben'a finds him soon.

Skye listens carefully as Ben'a begins to speak again and is surprised by his words. She feels herself blush when he instructs the three of them to sort out their feelings for one another. She knew how Darex felt about her and had been fighting the mutual attraction but she had been unaware of Ish feeling anything other than friendship for her. If this was the case then it was no wonder Darex had shown jealousy when she had gone off with Ish to the gym before. She had been treating Ish as she would a younger brother and hadn't realized that her actions might be taken in a different context. She observes Ben'a rise from the table and make his way out before she turns back to the other two men.

"Well, I think we should take his advice," Darex said slowly. "We should talk. I don't want to fall to the Dark Side, and if talking out our feelings will help, I'm ready."

She agrees with Darex that they all needed to talk about this and follows him to the small water decorated room, saying to Ish as they went that she would spar with him once they had spoken of these matters.

Taking a seat she thinks back to her last conversation with Darex in the medical bay, back on the Rebel Transport. ”œDarex, I know I hurt you with what I said before and I am sorry for that. I really do like you. I just don't want you to get hurt because of me. If we get into a situation that we both need to make spit second decisions, I don't want our feelings getting in the way of the greater good. I hope you can understand me in this. If there is a way that we can deal with our emotions without falling prey to the darkside ”¦ well, how about we just take things day by day, step by step and see what happens. I think we both need to seek out the guidance of a Master before we can take things any further.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

The purplish tunnel of light beyond his canopy collapsed into a plethora of lines that soon dissolved into a starfield as Ben'a's X-wing winked into existance over the blue globe of Manaan. He could see and feel the C-wing of Dhan-Jaroe and his padawan nearby, and guided them into the stmosphere and toward the Eternal Vigilance, landing in the docking bay. Extricating himself and Ayevit from the fighter, he waited for DJK to exit his own vessel.

"If you would like, I can show you to the Council chambers. Though I suspect you're quite capable of finding it yourself. In either case, I would prefer you to take the lead..."

goodwoodsig.jpg