The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

*Kirlocca waved Hou-Jo's question away.*

"That's not important right now, who cares what a sith thinks. Right now, we have many problems, it's posible that we are in danger now. And I have information that could provide us with a swift come back. I think this location has already been compormised. And I have the location of the sith fortress!"

*Kirlocca locked eyes with Hou-Jo for a second..as something hit him.*

"Did you just say Raynuk. That was the sith who had Mes' body?"

*Kirlocca smiled at Hou-Jo Poleb.*

"Believe it or not, but we may have a great chance to take them out. With out having the Imperials coming to their aid. But I would need to talk to the rebels about what they have to help us out. And before we can do that, there are two things that need to be finished. We are not safe here, we need to leave. And..."

*Kirlocca got a small grin in his eyes.*

"We need to finish your trail Hou-Jo Poleb, jedi of defense."

Skye looks up from her meal when Ish asks if he can join them at the table. She indicates to a vacant chair as she doesn't wish to speak with her mouth full. Finishing it, she asks Ish if he still wants that spar later on, thinking that they still hadn't gotten around to it with all that had gone on. Seeing him nod affirmatively she rises from the table, letting him know that she will catch up with him later on but for now she wants to continue exploring ”“ she wants to see where the hydroponics station might be.

She wanders slowly around the corridors, taking in the beauty of the architecture. As she turns another corner she comes across two familiar figures. Darex is one and the other is the Master that had distracted the Sith Neo, back on Hoth. She is pleased that she had run into him as she wishes to thank him for assisting her, for allowing her to escape Neo's attention.

The two look to be in a discussion so she hangs back as not to disturb them, but so that she is seen.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Darex is relieved that Tares has time to talk to him. He follows the Jedi to a private room and sits on the floor. He takes a deep breath, and begins to speak.

"When I was back on Hoth, I somehow found myself next to Master Kenobi fighting the Sith Lord Raynuk. How I got there doesn't matter, but what happened there does.

"During the battle, Master Kenobi threw a grenade, sending us all flying. Raynuk was injured, and his lightsaber out of reach. Kenobi and I were unharmed for the most part. We stood and faced the Sith on the ground. The part that I don't understand is here. Kenobi offered Raynuk the chance to escape. However, I couldn't see why. If the Sith was really as evil as the stories I've heard of him, wouldn't it have been better to just kill him and rid the galaxy of another evil? I mean, I'm sure Raynuk has killed thousands of innocent people. Wouldn't it be for the greater good to just be rid of him forever?"

Darex takes a deep breath before continuing. "Anyway, that's what I decided. So I swung at Montar. I wanted to kill him. He avoided my blow and blasted me with Force-lightning. And then he escaped. I don't know if what I did was right. I have been tormented by the thought that I might have touched the Dark Side at that point. I need your advice and opinion."

He looks at the Jedi, waiting for a reply.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

OOC: Kirlocca, Tarrian nulled Ob's actions. No one knows we are here.

IC: Tares sighed as he sat back in his chair thinking, "Well young one, if you are seeking the guidance of a typical jedi, then I'm afraid I am the wrong person to ask. You see, unlike many of my fellow knights and masters, I tend to view things alittle differently. If you wish to accept my opinion or not, I will leave up to you."

Sitting up, he brought his hand to his chin, "To a true lightside Jedi, your actions would be out of the question. If any chance arises for a darksider to be turned again, a Jedi must take it. However, for me, I am not a lightsider, nor a darksider. To me the force just is, there is no dark or light, no good or evil. There is only the truth. The truth is, your actions had they been successful, would have rid the galaxy of a man who has killed many in the past, and is likely to do that again. In this case, you would have possibily saved many lives."

He sighed, "I'm afraid my help may not be what you seek young one. To me, all you were doing was acting out of instinct in the situation you were given. That is all anyone can do, it is why we train through our decided art so that we can act a specific way when a situation like that arises again. My suggestion to you, is to make up your own mind. No other can decide what is right and wrong for you. If you let them do this, then you are merely a slave to them, and their lightside or darkside."

Through the force he sensed Skye, letting her know it was alright to enter....

tares.jpg

Skye observed the two head into a room to speak privately. She interested herself in looking at the wall hangings in the corridor while she waited. She is unsure of the reception she will get from Darex considering their last conversation, but is willing to do anything to remain his friend.

Getting a signal to enter the room, Skye makes her way in.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Ara cracked her neck as she finished something on her ship. She smirked as she held up the finished product.

Not only a jeweler, but a seamstress as well. ...I hope I got the size right. The folded the tunic and pants and put them in a small bag. Taking it with her, she walked through the new temple, using the Force to guide her to her padawan.

Ara smiled. Xel had found the mess hall easily enough, it seemed. She grabbed some food herself and sat down next to her padawan.

"Heya. I made you a present. You'll need it." She put the bag in front of him. As she dug into her food, she went on. "I have to hurry. I guess the council is having a meeting. You can come, if you like."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Xel smiled when she sat down and opened the bag she laid before him. As he pulls out the new clothes, his grin widens. Having finished his meal, he stood up and held the trousers to his waist. They seemed like they would fit well. He unfolded the tunic and examined it, then pulled off his torn and dirty shirt. Slipping the tunic over his head, he held his arms out to the sides and looked at how it looked on him.

"Nice. Thanks Master. I'm comin' with you to the council meeting when you're done. Maybe on the way I can find a room that's a little less . . . populated and change into these."

He held up the new trousers. Still grinning, he stuffed the old shirt into the bag and sat back down.

Woot. Kira be back home.

Goodwood's Anti-P.I.M.P. Padawan.

Go California. My Governor can beat up your Governor. What now?

Footsteps echoing softly as he walked, Ben'a made his way further into the Eternal Vigilance, the gentle walls curving like caverns in the sea floor. Through his newly charged connection to the Force, the Jedi Knight could feel many things around him: newly arrived Jedi securing their quarters, the Council meeting to discuss the future, a few new arrivals, and still others getting fed. He felt what seemed to be his Skywalker blood roiling for just a moment, but then Ben'a realized that he hadn't eaten since he had been cloned. However, something yanked him from his food-deprived reverie -- and hard. He looked around, and his padawan, who had been right behind him as he walked, was no longer there.

"Where could that kid be," he thought to himself with a wry smile. Peering into the Force as he retraced his steps, Ben'a soon had a bead on the young Aryian, and so trotted off a bit faster to find him. As he turned a corner five minutes later, he smelled him first -- the scent of burnt hair wafted before the Padawan as he walked back to his master. But something else was wrong, that much Ben'a could see; something was troubling Aryian's mind. And though he had a feeling as to the culprit, he choose to let his friend tell him instead, if he wished.

"Something troubles you, Aryian...would you like to talk about it?" Ben'a's face was set lightly as he regarded Aryian, offering compassion in his gaze.

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Aryian looked up to his master.

"Well...not really...I can finally remember my parents clearer. That's a good thing...but there is one thing I just can't seem to understand. The universal law of balance. Why does there have to be a dark side? I would still be with my parents, living out a nice life...if it wasn't for them...I don't know."

Thoughts, though not too severe, seemed to have a minor depression on the young padawan.

"I guess...I just want to understand...why I can't have them back. I don't want to let go of them."

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Ben'a felt the anguish pouring from Aryian through the Force; it saddened him to see his Padawan feeling this way. But the question he had asked made the Jedi think on his response, setting his own thoughts to rolling. And as he gathered together his knowledge and wisdom thus far gleamed, Ben'a attempted to answer his Padawan the best he could.

"As far as I have been able to learn, there is no light or dark side. But that isn't to say that there is no good or evil; merely to say that good and evil are labels given to actions. What we would call the 'dark side' of the Force is simply the Force used for destructive ends; for power without benefit to life. To put it simply, the light is creation, the darkness is destruction. Though it is necessary at times for things to be destroyed for others to be created, the darkness is destruction for its own sake.

"In the natural Andworld, death sustains life, but we, as sentients, have elevated ourselves above nature, and with that, comes the ability to use the Force to manipulate the world around us. The dark side, like the light, is a choice, and many who choose that path are not lost forever, in the same way that all of us are prone to the corruption of the dark side."

Ben'a thought for a moment, remembering the various encounters with the spirit of his father...

"And your parents are not lost to you, young Padawan. They are one with the Force, and they will come to your aid through the Force when you call for them. Anything more, I cannot tell you -- that will be for you to learn on your own -- but I have faith in you."

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Aryian looked up to his master, a smile on his face. The disturbing thoughts passed from his mind.

And right there, he feinted, passing in to a coma. He had a smile on his face.

((Well, guys, the summer thing fell through. Turns out I'm moving. To a place where I don't have access to the internet. When I get back to school in the fall, I WILL be back, but for now, I am gone. Goodwood, My advice to you is find a new apprentice fast. I am sorry, I tried to contact you over Yahoo after the decision was made, and I may be able to contact you in the future. but for now, Aryian is in a "coma." Trust me, you could train awholenother padawan before I come back.))

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Ish ate at a frantic pace...whatever it was he had been served it was good none the less. When he finished he decided (as Skye had mentioned she was going to do) to go do some exploring. He was not going to look at the maps at all and just make his way through the various levels of the majestic machine. He felt so envigorated with how strong the force was flowing and all the new beginnings that he couldn't even describe it to even himself in thought.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

*Kirlocca kept his gaze with Hou-Jo.*

"But, master Hou-Jo, I still need a council meeting. With all of this new information, we now have a chance to survive a whole lot better. I think I may have found an ally for the jedi, but with him, comes alot of security measures. I would say I don't trust him as far as aI throw him, but I could throw him pretty far."

*Kirlocca waited to see If ally would continue to call the jedi master in for a meeting.*

Darex thinks over what Tares told him. You know, that makes a lot of sense. If he thinks I was acting out of instinct and not out of the Dark Side, then I know that he doesn't blame or condem me. He said I must decide what is right and wrong in my own mind. I guess on that battle field, I made my decision. The only reason I have been tormented by it is because of what others might think.

He then sees Skye enter. He immediately is worried at her appearance. Although she looks healthy, he can tell she is troubled. He forces a small smile. "I can leave if you'd like," he tells her.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Nom smiled as he walked down the corridor. He was in a good mood, it seems he was getting some food, and now a friend.

"My name is Nom Anorus, nice to meet you. So do you anything about this place?"

As the two contunued to walk down the corridor, The sent of food made its way to Nom. He followed the sent and found himself in the mess hall, he didn't need the force to direct him to where he needed to go this time.

Nom turned to spock.

"Lets get some food, shall we."

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

BC turned to hou jo.

You are becoming very aggressive. My absence or not we are still Jedi and we stand together. We will discuss your misdeeds in time, for now you will act as a Council member should!

Looking towards Kirlocca.

Kirlocca you may present your idea before the Council.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

You are becoming very aggressive. My absence or not we are still Jedi and we stand together. We will discuss your misdeeds in time, for now you will act as a Council member should!

IC: Hou-Jo got irritated with what BLCKCLONE said, but he decided to ignore him. He didn't know what he meant by him acting agressive, or his 'misdeeds', but he decided that he would talk to BLCKCLONE about it later.

Hou-Jo put his hood over his head and sat down. He didn't feel right. He looked up at Kirlocca to hear what he was going to tell the Council.

*Kirlocca stood tall and prepared to speak.*

"After the events of Hoth, I had found myself in a spot where I had a bounty on my head, after many events, I found the bounty was a fake, just in order to get me brought to him. Ob, is his name. He wants to become an ally to the jedi, and offer Bespin as a safe heaven for us, which could help out with the other half of the news I have."

*Kirlocca walked over to the council doors, and shut them, so that none other then what council memebers were persent, could hear what he was about to say.*

"I have already told Hou jo, that I know the location of the sith temple. I feel that now is the time to strike them, and make it quick. With the rebels help, I have done some studies on Gravity wells, And I think that I can reverse the process. Instead of seal other in, we could seal them in, leaving it a war against sith, vs jedi and Rebel forces. And with Ob offering his loyalty, we could use Bespin as an outpost against them. But, the only information I have is the location of the temple, not what defense it has or other stuff like that."

*Kirlocca stood and waited to get a reply for one of the two jedi who were now before him.*

Ara smiled.

"I'm glad you like the gift--and I'm even happier it fits you. I had to guess on the size, obviously." She finished eating and stood up. "I'm gonna head to the chambers now. Finish up and get changed, if you like, then try to follow my Force signature to the chambers." Ara winked. "Think of it as a little more training. I'll see you then."

She walked briskly to the council chambers, finding her way easily. She entered, bowed to her fellow council members, and found a seat.

"Sorry, I had to take care of a few things. What has happened?"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Tares smiled, "It was no problem at all. I'm sure you could have held your own, I just figured two heads are better than one. Speaking of your untrained state, I'd like to talk with you alittle later abou that. For right now, I have a council meeting to attend."

With a nodd to the two hopefuls, Tares stepped off. Into the hall, a technician came to him, handing over a square device found on the new transport brought in.

Making his way into the chambers, Wookie Jedi was already in the process of presenting his ideas, "And with Ob offering his loyalty, we could use Bespin as an outpost against them. But, the only information I have is the location of the temple, not what defense it has or other stuff like that." He stated.

Taking the time to let the jedi finish, Tares went into the discussion, "I would be questionable about Ob's loyalty." He said, setting down the tracking device found on the new transport, "Our sensor jammers caught the device before it was able to relay our location."

He took his seat and continued, "My question for you Master Jedi is where does this plan arise? A feeling of revenge?"

tares.jpg

"An other issue; Ob is obviously an associate of the Hutts. This would be the second time the Hutt's have offered their alliance to us. The Hutt's have been our enemy for a long time. The last time they offered us help, at Hoth, they betrayed us. I feel that they are hoping to dupe you as they fooled the Jedi at Hoth to letting them land. Have you taken this into consideration?"

Staring at the closed doors, Mathis feels something start to smolder inside of him. It wasn't anger, but it was resentment. This was not the first time he had been ignored, and he was not liking it.

Clamping down on the emotions rising in him, he turns on his heel and stalks away. Using the Force, he quickly locates Nom and sends him a message. Having delivered it, he heads for the hangar bays.

mathis-1.jpg

As Nom sits at the table and shoves even more food into his mouth(probably to the disgust of Spock), he feels something through the force. Almost like someone was trying to feed a letter into his mind.

It seems Mathis wanted him to head to the hanger.

It looks like were leaving

Nom turned back to Spock.

"I'm really sorry man, but my master wants me to meet him in the hanger bay. It was nice meeting you."

Nom got up and headed towards where he first entered the ship, wondering what his master had in mind.

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

Xel, having already finished eating but figuring he could use the practice at sensing specific targets and being able to track them, waited a few minutes after Ara had left. Once he figured he would have a sufficiently hard time finding her, he set out, ducking into the first empty room he came across and changeing his pants.

Swell, now I'll look good for the council.

Moving back out into the hall with his bag of old clothes, he focused on the Force, trying to isolate Ara's signature. He did so relatively quickly, since hers is by far the one he was most familiar with. He headed in the direction of her presence, feelin' pretty good. New clothes, new home, new ability. His growing grin died though as he came to a dead end.

Son of a . . .

Turning around, he closed his eyes, seeing only through the Force. He saw the hallways, the rooms, the Jedi filling them. He followed a path mentally, seeing that it would indeed lead him to the council chamber.

Good.

He set off again, and soon found himself before the once again open doors of the council chamber. Hearing the last bits of the conversation as he slipped in and stood to the side and a little behind Ara's seat, he kept his face calm, though what he heard intrigued and confused him. He thought to himself.

Hutts? There were hutts involved in the attack? What were they doin' there?

Woot. Kira be back home.

Goodwood's Anti-P.I.M.P. Padawan.

Go California. My Governor can beat up your Governor. What now?