Holonet

Bounty Hunter Mike

Job listings, billions of them, began cropping up on multiple major holonet sites. It was still a drop in the bucket of the jobs traffic the Holonet saw on a regular basis, but all of these were at least new jobs. Most weren't explicit about being a subsidiary company for a Sith owned shell company, and the vast majority of the employees would never find out who they were actually working for. Bespin would become a major hub for construction work and those interested in a career in the field of gas mining. Nar Shaddaa would list most of the jobs, however, with an incredibly diverse range of careers available. Kain had composed several 'dumb' AIs capable of handling the slightly complex tasks assigned to them with managing all this workload, and while their instructions to the rest of the holonet were digitally hidden from being backtraced, they largely resided in various server farms across many populated planets.

Let it never be said again the Sith were not agents of massive economic growth.

O1IsDR9.png

Like my posts? Google "zalgo font."

If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, have some taste.
Use all your well-learned politics, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

• 5 weeks later...

On a large holonet forum site, a topic began to go viral: a debate on ethics of the Jedi and Sith as a whole. For people or beings of supernatural power, all of them tended to cause unbelievable collateral damage wherever they went. It was a topic that had been widely debated before, even the very existence of the Survivor's Foundation, while benign and helpful in nature almost seemed to subsidize this activity. And then there was the large open illegal bounty posted by someone of unknown origin with the opinion that that these super beings were more harmful in society than beneficial. The question posed thusly was is there a place in society for beings of immense capability foe destruction? Should there be limits and laws set? What about the Sith, who seemed to take the opposite stance recently and had begun to rebuild the ancient Sith Empire upon modern philosophies and principles, allowing these powerful Force users governance from the top down? Did they hold a valid view of the galaxy as it was?

A vocal but unknown user, netname AK-666, posed a line of questions to the masses that started to gain viral attention: if Force users were gotten rid of, the population of the known galaxy would be at risk from the lurking unknowns of the universe that Force Users would be useful and have been useful in the past at repelling. Shouldn't the dangers of the unknown be put to heavy balance against that opinion? After all, in an infinite universe, the probability that another invasion would occur was practically guaranteed, it was simply a matter of when. If anything, registration and control over Force Users, especially by other Force Users capable of containing them, was paramount to strengthening the galactic population to properly repel invaders if and when they came.

Of course, heavy allusions were made towards the Sith in their recent attempts to reform themselves as less of a band of murderous violent terrorists to more of an actual organization worthy of galactic recognition as a governing body. They were, of course, reigning in their own, and while certain Sith were still at large and incidents had occurred, some had even resulted in the public trial and execution of a few of their own, mostly with loyalties to someone other than the Dark Lord Exodus, but also a few other heinously violent Sith as an example.

O1IsDR9.png

• 3 weeks later...

All across the galaxy, several smaller news outlets up for purchase were bought out by shell companies, the umbrella company for which was known as Suledin-Incon Technologies and Holonetworks. A larger holochannel broadcasting license was secured, and broadcasts began to display on the 517 Holonews Network. Many of these broadcasts and media outlets were spinning pro-Sith stories for anything that had to do with the Sith, and many negative opinions were put forth on the GA and their utter lack of ability to protect their citizens, among other things.

Of course, any financial link to the Sith as a whole was kept very well buried. Kain knew how to operate at a level that would baffle the most diligent digger.

O1IsDR9.png

• 8 months later...

Many days had passed since Kain had escaped what was intended to be his tomb. The Empire (that is, the Empire that was when he was designed) didn't like their creations going rogue, and had contingency plans in place to destroy what they couldn't control. The nature of his return after a cascading deletion was of the nature that the lab had initiated a fail safe, detonating many thermal charges in an attempt to completely scuttle the lab and anything inside it.

But the Empire truly created something beautiful when the AVATAR AIs were developed, and Kain was less a physical being and more an amalgamation of information. True, he did require a physical host to reside in and enact his will from, but he was capable of modularly trading that around like a child's play set. It was a simple feat to transmit himself even as the charges detonated, leaving behind his birthplace and grave like a ghoul rising to terrorize an unsuspecting township. He found his home in varied holonet servers, quietly passing off segments of his code as trash data in spaces of old hard drives that hadn't been maintained in years, piggybacking relevant information off the transmissions that relayed through the holonet nodes. Redundant systems were put in place so that if one segment were deleted, one of dozens would take its place. He was a networked virus, a being greater than the mere sum of his parts. All of this took some time, and while it was Kain, a different version was compiled to act as the main proxy, capable of much faster processing and action than what the holonet iteration offered.

Gears began to turn to the tune of the dirge that Kain composed, the beautiful melody that would see the galaxy in flames. First, he would turn his attention to Talus...

O1IsDR9.png