Rattatak

Darth Heretic

Captain Rane Scando considered his words, then spoke.

"Yes, soon. But we've got to get things in order first. What do we know? Collectively they call themselves the Space Pirates, or they did anyway. My source on Tatooine has informed me that they're on the edge of destruction. Scattered. Divided. However you want to put it. We're interested in only a few of them. Ronin Wartide will fetch us the biggest reward, then Luthis Vandren, and finally the one called Moon Knight. If anyone comes between us and our quarry, then they get a blaster bolt."

The mercenary placed a hand on the blaster rifle that hung at his side.

"It is my understanding that the Hutts have recently negotiated a deal with Ronin Wartide, and his followers. To save themselves, the Space Pirates surrendered Corban Wartide to the Hutts. I do believe Ronin Wartide now thinks that he is off the hook ”“ that the Hutts will simply leave him and the others alone. In other words, we should have the element of surprise. But I won't bet my ship on that. We're going to have to fly on the assumption that the Space Pirates are expecting another attack. We've got to be prepared for anything."

The mercenary glanced around, as if seeing Rattatak for the first time.

"I assume we've all got enough weapons to take out anything they throw at us, so that is not a problem. My ship is in good order, as I know the Shadow Rider is, so that is not a problem. I'd prefer a one on one battle to a space clash, but of course, that depends on how things go down. Any ideas? I'd say luring them away from wherever it is they are hiding would be better, easier. Somewhere where we know the territory. Any suggestions? Thoughts?"

*Shalash smiles, a space battle would be interesting, the Vixen Ray is definately ready for space combat. Also...

*Exion pulls out a small hand held device and taps a few buttons then looks back up the the rest of the group.*

The one that goes by Marc, aka Moon Knight, has his ship parked on Coruscant. When last I saw him he was in the Last Call, due to annother personal bounty of mine I decided to tag his ship to question him later.

So life is cruel let it not be unfortunate... Let it be an experience...

"Excellent. Is he still on Coruscant now? If so, the other dead men will most probably be with him."

The mercenary turns to Mike.

"You're awfully quiet, what is going on in your head."

Captain Rane Scando considered this and nodded.

"Then it is settled. I'm going to go back to Concord Dawn to pick up a few things. Then I'm off to Coruscant, for a drink. I'll keep a direct line connected to your ships ”“ communication is essential."

The mercenary turned to Shalash Exion.

"After this is all finished, once we have captured them and gotten paid, I want to return here and have a friendly duel with you. There is a spot not far from here called the Cauldron."

The mercenary looked to his other companions.

"We should all take part in it. It will be sort of like practicing. Nyla, I may need your assistance on Coruscant. Keep your ears open."

The mercenary shook hands with his three companions, and then headed back to his speeder without another word. After a minute, the mercenary powers up the personal vehicle and rockets back to his ship.

Luthis Vandren and Moon Knight are on Coruscant. They're probably going to try to flee, which works out nicely because I can't touch them here at the Last Call. I'm going to need some help. Could lead to a galaxy-wide chase. I'll send another message once they've left the cantina.

Mike's comm beeped with a message.

It was from one of his informants, in the Coronet Spaceport on Correllia.

He listened to the short message, and plugged the comm into his datapad, downloading the attachment. It was a series of photographs of a ship descending into a landing pad. The next photo was what he was looking for, though, it showed a man in a coat exitting the ship. And that man was none other than Ronin Wartide.

He got up immediately from and looked at his surrounding mercs.

"We got him, he is on Correllia."

With no more words, Mike hit a button on his wrist gauntlet, signalling for his ship to begin prelim-warm ups.

He jogged to his ship and took off within five minutes.

Destination Correllia.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

Ronin Wartide's two companions are on Coruscant. I have offered them a deal ”“ they come here to Rattatak and we battle them fairly. I don't think they agreed. Nevertheless I am going to wait on Rattatak. If anyone shows up on your end and causes trouble, send a message.

The Damned One emerges out of hyperspace above Rattatak. Rane Scando's personal ship is soon joined by several other mercenary vessels. Before heading down to the planet's surface, the Damned One releases several small droids. These droids, designed to alert the mercenary of incoming and outgoing vessels, scatter off in different directions. After the droids and are no longer in sight, the mercenary ships dive down to the planet's surface.

Rane Scando walks over to where Shalash Exion stands.

"Moon Knight and Luthis Vandren are cowards. I very much doubt they will come here and face us. You decide what you do, obviously, but I'm going to stay here and see what happens. If the two head to Corellia, then I will be there faster than a Wookiee on fire."

Marc lands the Angelwing on the surface of Rattatak. He faces Scando from several yards away, and yells across the distance,

"Alright I'm here, let's settle this now. I don't care how you match it up, but I want to face you Scando."

OOC: I propose 3 or 4 posts then have a mod rule.

iTJBZId.png

"Glad to see that you made it, sweetheart. Things are just about to start."

Rane Scando did a quick mental check of all his weapons. Twin blaster pistols. High-powered blaster rifle. Jetpack equipped with rocket launcher. Concussion grenades. Thermal grenades. Stun baton. Knife. Everything was in place. With a slight nod to his opponent, the mercenary withdrew a long knife from his right boot. The blade was long and sharp; it was also reinforced with virtually indestructible Mandalorian iron. The mercenary held the blade out with his right hand. With his left hand, the mercenary beckoned to his opponent.

"You're dead."

Rane Scando charged, lashing wide at his opponent's head with the knife. The knife flew high over Moon Knight, missing him by a few centimeters. As Scando fell behind his opponent, he pulled free his stun baton from his belt using his left hand. With one swift hit, the mercenary struck Moon Knight across the back of his legs ”“ waves of electricity encased him. Rane Scando finished the stunt by rolling forward until he was ten or eleven feet away from his opponent. The mercenary then got to his feet and once again brandished the knife. This all happened in only two or three seconds.

Marc felt his legs go numb and collapsed to the ground. He turned drawing his blast shield as Scando slashed at Marc with the knife.

"Already you show your true nature. It will be your downfall."

Still on his knees Marc pulled out his stun whip, and lashed Rane's ankles. He pulled sending the Mercenary flat on his back. Rane struggled to cut the whip, but suddenly felt volts of electric energy course through his body and armor. Marc pulled the whip back and struggled to his feet, stumbling.

Marc drew his R-65 heavy blaster, returning his stun whip. He unleashed a barrage of heavy blaster fire pummeling his opponent's crumpled form. Even Mandolorian armor could not stand up to the high powered blasts for long.

iTJBZId.png

As his opponent's fire blasted down on him, Rane Scando hits a switch on the side of his jetpack using his elbow. The jetpack ignites, sending the mercenary straight up into the sky. Luckily, only a few of the blaster shots succeeded in penetrating his durable armor. As Scando falls back to the surface, he grabs at his side, where a small amount of blood was running down his armor. As the mercenary lands, he moves his hand from his side wound to his belt, and pulls free a concussion grenade. The grenade lands at the feet of Moon Knight, and explodes, sending him crashing to the ground several feet away.

"My turn."

Rane Scando now pulls free his own high-powered blaster rifle, and shoots several powerful blasts at his fallen opponent.

Marc allowed the momentum to carry him, as he rolled clear of the shots. He felt his head spin from the shock of the attack. Blood spilled from his leg, where a piece of shrapnel jutted out through his armor. Scando adjusted his shot, and Marc brought up his blast shield. The high powered lasers richocheted of the shield, but Marc could tell it would not hold up for long.

The Pirate pressed the button on his chest. Wings folded out from his blaster pack, and Marc shot into the air. Marc fired his crescent blades as he rocketed skyward. Scando tried to shoot them away but a few of the whirring blades connected with his rifle, cutting the weapon to pieces and striking Scando's armor. The blades could not penetrate, but the Mercenary was thrown backward from the impact of the crescents.

Marc landed behind Scando, but the Mercenary was already up. Scando sliced at Marc's face with the blade, cutting a slit through his mask. The gash bled out. Marc threw his sheild aside and drew his long knives from his belt.

"So, you want to show off your skill with the blade, Mercenary. Your going to have to do better than that."

Scando slashed again, and Marc ducked, the knife barely missed his jugular. Marc countered, his blade sending clanging against Scando's armor. Marc feinted at Scando's chest again, but instead of aiming for Scando's armor, Marc drove the blade into the wound he had inflicted with his heavy blaster. Marc drove the knife's long blade deep into Scando's side. He kicked out against Rane's chest pulling his blade from the wound. Scando's side was badly wounded now, and Marc urged the Mercenary to try again.

iTJBZId.png

Rane Scando could taste blood in his mouth as his opponent withdrew the blade from his side. Pain shot up the side of his body, but the mercenary ignored it ”“ Rane Scando had given up on pain some years before. The mercenary stared straight ahead, straight at his opponent. A million faces ran across his mind ”“ all victims. The person before him changed with every passing second. The final person ”“ the final illusion ”“ the mercenary couldn't stand. Automatically, Rane Scando pulled one of his blaster pistols free and fired off a few quick shots. Each one of them slammed into the chest of the person standing in front of Scando. As the person collapsed, so did the mercenary. His side was completely numb.

Rane Scando looked over at his opponent. The mercenary's helmet was not gully functioning, but it still was capable of a few things. The helmet looked for signs of life in Moon Knight ”“ the helmet showed Scando that he was severely injured, but alive. Crawling forward, the mercenary swore under his breath. With his powerful knife, Scando cut at his victim, slashing at Moon Knight's arms and legs. The mercenary, with his fairly advanced knowledge of anatomy, cut open several important blood vessels in his opponent. Finally, Scando embedded his knife in Moon Knight's side ”“ exactly where he had injured Scando. Pulling it free, the mercenary disarmed his opponent as far as he could tell, and then gave the body a blast from the stun baton ”“ Moon Knight was now fully unconscious. He then hobbled backwards to face Luthis Vandren.

”œOne move out of you and you'll be just as bad off as your friend here. Moon Knight is going with me to Tatooine.”

*Vandren wanted some of this fight, he slowly turned his head, and activated his space armor. He slowly floated up to about 50 meters above the ground. He looked around to see if their was anyone around, he saw someone sniping, but he didn't worry about him. He pulled out his sniper rifle and straped his rocket launcher to his back. He aimed for a head.*

vandren.jpg

Rane Scando pulled a small pouch free from his belt. From the pouch the mercenary removed several small vials and injectors. Pulling back a piece of his armor, Scando injected himself ”“ relief came almost immediately. The mercenary then hobbled over to his fallen opponent, and injected him with something too ”“ something to keep him from dying. The mercenary then turned to his companion, Reagan McGreggor.

"I need you to help me drag him to my ship, sweetheart."

With that, the two pulled Moon Knight across the rocky surface of Rattatak to the injured mercenary's ship, the Damned One. Inside the ship, Scando stripped Moon Knight of all of his weapons and armor. The mercenary then injected his fallen opponent with more drugs ”“ drugs that would keep him unconscious for the next few hours.

Taking Reagan McGreggor with him, Rane Scando powered up his ship and left Rattatak. Before entering hyperspace, the mercenary sent a message down to his associate, Shalash Exion.

I'm going to go collect the bounty on this one. If you need any assistance, you know how to reach me.

With that, the Damned One made the jump to lightspeed.

A battered Corellian freighter emerges out of hyperspace above the planet Rattatak. The freighter quickly descends to the surface, and heads to the area where the Cauldron could be found. The freighter lands, and Ob Ordeena and a band of guards exit. They head to one of the rooms overlooking the arena ”“ one of the rooms owned by the Hutts. Ob Ordeena takes a seat and watches the various battles taking place.

leader.jpg

The Damned One descends to the surface of Rattatak. Rane Scando leaves the controls to his capable droid, PD-3, and turns his attention fully to his companion. The mercenary smiles.

"I'm still not one hundred perfect sure that you were playing fair before, you know when you took over my ship while we were heading to Corellia. We should head to the arena, and have a rematch. I promise not to hurt you too badly, sweetheart."

Reagan just smiled at him and pushed some of the long red curls out of her face. "hmmm, not sure huh? Well, I think you just don't like being bested by a woman. That eats at you doesn't it? Well, I have a condition then. No armor for you. I am not wearing any. So you don't either."

She waited in the silence for his answer. "Oh, come on, you can't be frightened of a mere woman can you? A big strong guy like you."

Reagan.jpg

-Comm to Rane Scando-

Rane, Whyl requests any information you might have on the status or whereabouts of Ronin Wartide. Transmit any information you might have back to us here on Tatooine at your earliest convenience.

Rane Scando listened to the message using the receiver in his helmet. After a moment, the mercenary turns on the Damned One's transmitter, and sends a message to the desert citadel on Tatooine. Scando's message is brief ”“ the mercenary soon turns back to his beautiful companion.

"Sorry, sweetheart, that was just a bit of business. So you want me to remove my armor? I don't think so sweetheart. I told you before -- the mercenary pointed to his Mandalorian helmet -- this is my face. And this -- the mercenary gestured to his armor -- is my body. I think I have some spare Imperial armor in the back, if you are afraid of it being unequal. Or maybe you are just trying to catch a glimpse of me in the flesh."

*After waiting what seemed like a lifetime Shalash got board, his sniper rifle still trained on his target, with the aid of a computer arm. He placed his free arm down on a keypad next to his seat and began tapping the controls. A moment later and 15 Photon torpedoes raced onward toward Luthis and his ship.*

So life is cruel let it not be unfortunate... Let it be an experience...

OOC:Sorry had to go to family's had no internet access..Oh do you agree on a five post mod rule? That means we each get 5 posts from this point on this is my first and your last post was your first..

IC: *Luthis jets on his space armor and calls for his ship he moves it just in time so that the torpedos don't hit it. He activates his rocket launcher and aims for his ship, the rocket hits and explodes, knocking all shield generators and his ship unusable. He throws a thermal detonater into the flaming ship, and hopes for the best.. He glides do onto the ground of Rattatak from his jet pack..*

Don't mess with me young one..

vandren.jpg