Rattatak

Darth Heretic

Joshua was feeling a mixed range of emotions as he sheathed his blade behind his back. His first emotion was that of anger. This man had stopped the blow that would have won him the battle. A battle that would have proved he was one of the best. Then he realized, this had only been a test. And he had passed. And he beaten his own expectations in the process. He had expected himself to die, but instead he was alive, a bit wounded, but alive. And receiving an offer.

"I'm interested."

The Clawdite began to change back into his original form. First his eyes reverted to their normal state. A silverish hue sailed across his eyeballs, allowing him to see in the dark. He could see things farther away and he could see in more detail, the man in front of him. Then his skin reverted back to its brownish-grey color, making him once again, the ugliest man of the three.

The hunter stooped down and picked up his blasters from the sand. His fingers curled around the trigger guard and he spun the pistols around, cleaning the dust from their barrels and other mechanisms. In a smooth motion, he slid the weapons back into their holsters, until they would be called upon once again.

JoshuaStykes.jpg

Kills:2

Mike chuckled slightly at Jareth's comment about his nose.

"And I see that you have regained your depth perception." Mike retorted, taking a verbal jab at the eye which Jareth had lost to Mike's attack the last time that they had met.

He glanced at the other fighter. Joshua Stykes, aka Sticks. He had been watching this hunter for quite sometime. When he saw the wookiee step out onto the battlefield, he thought for a moment that he had miscalculated, until he remembered the rather unique talents which Clawdite's held. They were changelings. A trick which may come in handy.

"No doubt both of you have heard of the Elite Mercenary Unit. Well, we are in the process of taking in new recruits, and, as I just mentioned, you two are our best prospects for the positions. I am here to offer you a part on our team."

BHMikebanner1.jpg

Jareth let his biomech eye spin in it's socket giving off a slight whirring noise as it rotated. Sparks of electricity could be seen eminating from it ever so slightly.

"Yes....indeed I see much more clearly now."

Jareth touched a hand to his chin in thought. He didn't need a position in the EMU to be feared. He did not need it to be ruthless or vile. He could do that without rhyme or reason on his own...he was, afterall, the former dark lord of the sith. The Clawdite before him was fairly insignificant, but Jareth placed a vision in his mind nonetheless.

No words could express the horror which Jareth's force message conveyed to the young associate, and it was a horror that only the two of them would see. Needless to say, it was quite a brutal vision, and one that would now be etched into the soul of his new partner in the EMU.

"Very well, I will join you, but don't pull that billy jack 'I'm your boss' garbage with me, or we'll have problems."

Jareth shot a stern and resolved glare at Mike to convey the seriousness of his last statement.

He then burst into laughter, and placed a hand on mike's shoulder.

It was certainly good to be amongst the hunters again.

The Clawdite had heard of the Elite Mercs. They were the best Bounty Hunters, Assassins, and other guns for hire in the galaxy. But Joshua had never thought he would be good enough to make it in. He had only collected on several bounties in his life. 2 were challenging but the others were pieces of cake.

Josh looked over at Jareth and watched his eyes. He had always been able to read someone's eyes. It was a gift for him. He could se wheels spinning and knew he was going to join. (If Jareth posts before me, for get that last part.) So of course, he would have to join as well.

"I will throw my hand in with you. If anything, easy way to spread my name and get credits."

JoshuaStykes.jpg

It was funny that Stykes had mentioned spreading his name around.

This was exactly what Jareth hoped would not happen for him. He wished to remain anonymous, and lay low for the time being.

He had been hiding ever since turning the sith over to Darth Sauron, and wished to go underground as an assassin.

The Ship, The Sixth, flew out of the dark hole called hyperspace. Looking at the ground, he estimated the ETA, and adjusted his ship to that. Thrusters were ignited, and landing gear was lowered. Slowly the ship landed, until it touched base with the dirty ground, and came to a stop. After a few minutes, an exit ramp lowered, and out stepped Draj. He took in his bearings, but didn't wait to long. You never know when someone want's to randomly kill you.. he thought. He'd done it on an occasion. Sort of.

He looked around and saw three people standing around, none of which he knew. Two of the three were injured, he could tell just by standing there. The other was off to the side, apparently uninjured. Draj approached the injured two. He could tell there'd been a fight going on, but it was over. For now.

He looked at one, and asked for a light. Then the other. (That'd be Jareth and uh... *checks* Sticks.)

"What are you doing?"

"Thinking about God."

"In a corner?"

"Faith is not in a floor plan..."

Draj3.jpg

Best Music Video EVER

I survived the Big Crash of '04

Joshua turned to see another hunter comeup behind him. Something seemed strange, they had been in the middle of nowhere, there were settlements and arenas all around them, yet this man had come to the middle of nowhere, for a light. Something didnt add up. Stykes lightly punches the new hunter on the shoulder and replies.

"Yea, I got a light."

He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a small lighter.

JoshuaStykes.jpg

"Thanks." Taking it, he lit the cig and started to smoke. The infernal cough-maker entered his throat, but he struggled to conceal his disgust. The light-giver punched him on the shoulder. Draj didn't like it, but he didn't do anything in response. Better friends than enemies, he thought. He wouldn't forget it though. That punch would remain in his mind.

"What are you doing?"

"Thinking about God."

"In a corner?"

Draj3.jpg

Best Music Video EVER

Jareth knelt on the ground, closed his eyes, and began channeling the force to his broken flesh.

A rush of wind swept toward him, and dust was kicked up around where the three, now four, hunters stood.

Within a few moments, his wounds had closed, and the muscle and sinew had reattached themselves.

"Wounds of the flesh are nothing to the Sith. How badly are you injured young one?" Jareth spoke to stykes with a sage-like tone.

Joshua's eyes slid over and landed on Draj. Already he disliked this character, and he was a potential threat. And it had always been his philosophy to remove potential threats, before they became current ones.

"Should of run when I punched you the first time. Then you had to be stupid and punch me back."

The youngest member of the Elite Mercenary's dropped his rifle and drew his twin blasters. Both barrels flashed and twin energy lances speared into the gut of Draj. The blasters were holstered and the Clawdite kicked Draj in the face, sending him sprawling onto the sand.

The merc drew his vibroblade and activated its power source. A thrumming could be heard as the blade vibrated million times per second. Josh smiled and thrust the blade into his temple, sending blood across his own armor.

"I guess since your dead, I can take my lighter back, what do you think."

Joshua stands and chuckles before turning to Jareth.

"Not as bad as this guy. You are pretty good fighter. Care to teach me some moves before we head out."

JoshuaStykes.jpg

((OOC: Psst. that's a one hit kill i believe since you weren't already engaged in "combat"))

IC:

Jareth caught the vibroblade in his hand before it struck the newcomer's

temple. He didn't know why he'd saved this stranger's life. It just seemed like the thing to do. The blade radiated in his hand, but through the darkside, he was protected from it's edge.

"No bounties on him young one. Let it go. We're professionals not animals." He spoke sternly as he released the weapon.

He gave a warning glance to the stranger that, should he upset stykes again, he wouldn't be saved, and then continued.

"Now, as for those moves. Sure, I've been in the killing game for longer than most. What would you like to know?"

Draj's heart hammered as the vibrosword fell inches before his face. He quickly stood up and glared at Stykes. After a while, he decided to leave. The Sith surely wouldn't help him again, and then Draj left.

"What are you doing?"

"Thinking about God."

"In a corner?"

Draj3.jpg

Best Music Video EVER

Joshuas eyes filled with anger. His wrist snaps, adding a twirl to his blade, leaving a gash in Jareths hand. He wipes the blood off with a hankerchief and sheaths his weapon once again. The kill should have been his.

"Well since you took away my kill. I could use some healing. And tell me more about the Force. Since it was the reason you stayed alive as long as you did."

Stykes felt his rifle behind him. He always felt comfort in knowing that his rifle was there. It gave him an edge in battle, knowing where his weapons were.

JoshuaStykes.jpg

"We should clear something up, you and I."

Jareth walked circles around Stykes as he healed his hand, the gash was the kind you might get from a splinter of wood just beneath the skin that was somewhat annoying, but easily rectified.

"The 'reason' you are alive now is because I will it to be so. I have ruled the sith, dominated the galaxy, and killed more nameless faces than you could ever hope to know. We are now part of a team, you can learn from me, or you can be a hinderance to our operations here in the EMU. Your attitude toward your work is unsatisfactory. You must appreciate the hunt, and be smart. The characteristics you are exhibiting at the present are typical of a common street thug."

Jareth paused behind Stykes and held him in place with the force, his muscles froze preventing him from turning around. As he continued his lecture, he allowed the darkside of the force to begin healing the man's wounds. Singed flesh repaired itself, no blisters even remained. Deeper flesh wounds closed and muscles found their way back to their rightful places.

"Now, tell me how many people you have killed? Actually, nevermind, I'll find out for myself. "

At that, Jareth reached a gloved hand to the back of the hunter's head and extracted from his mind the story of his life. There was darkness, a lust for blood, death had definetly been a part of his life, and the potential to become a good bounty hunter was definetly there. It would be a shame for the former dark lord of the sith to destroy this being, as he could be great if given a chance to live.

"I will release you, and leave you with this." Jareth spoke, and his hand wrenched into a fist. As his force presence delved and penetrated to the deepest parts of Styke's mind, he imbedded a vile image.

The image was of the sith master standing above a kneeling stykes, strangling him to death with his own intestines.

"You will wish for this fate if you cross me again, what I am capable of doing to you is infinetly worse young one."

He then released his hold over stykes who crumbled to the floor as he fought to regain control over his muscles.

Jareth turned toward Attard, and addressed him casually as if the previous event had never even happened.

"Now, Mike, have anything in mind for our first adventure? Surely someone needs their breathing rights revoked."

Mike sighed as he saw the exchange between his two newest recruits.

"First of all, I want both of you to stow your attitudes. You are here to work together, and any sort of rivalry between you will just be a hinderance. And, if this hinderance continues. I will kill both of you myself."

He saw the felt the reaction from Jareth, it was part way between surprise, disgust and understanding.

"Please do not take this as a threat, merely a warning. I will not let the prosperity of this unit be comprimised."

"Now, as the unpleasantness is out of the way, we can get onto business. At the moment, we have no jobs waiting for us, so we will train until something comes up. First on the agenda is teamwork."

Without warning, Mike lashed out, quickly sweeping the legs out from under Stykes, and flipping Jareth onto his back, right next to where Stykes lay. He cuffed them together, before either of them could get up. Now they would have to work together.

"Those, are electrocuffs. Either of you act un a manner which I find unfitting of an Elite merc, and you get a shock" Mike demonstrated, removing a small remote from his belt and pressing the button, assaulting the with a mild shock.

"Go over there," he said, gesturing to a nearby arena." and you will find your challenge. A Reek and two Nexu. I want you to work together to kill both of them in combat. No long range sniper shots, and no Force chokes."

"I will be watching."

Mike then simply walked to his ship and piloted it over to the indicated arena.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

"Screw this, Not what I signed up for, and I refuse to be spoken to like trash after all I've been through in this galaxy."

Jareth's saber jumped to snap the cuffs from himself and the young hunter, he didn't even have to touch the hilt as it danced exactly where he wanted it to go.

He then exploded into a force rage which radiated outward from him in a spherical area of effect, blasting all those around him backward 50 yards.

Once he was free from his bond, and any wouldbe attackers were well away from him, he ran at his full speed aided by every ounce of the darkside he possessed to his ship. It rocketed off into space, and he never looked back.

Emerald eyes followed Jareths ship as it blasted into space. His anger rose as he realized that he no longer had a partner. Would the mercenary known as Mike kick him out of the EMU, for causing his other recruit cause leave? Either way, a superior had given him an assignment, and he would complete it.

The Clawdite began jogging off toward the arena when he saw something emerge from the top. It appeared to be a cat-like creature, and it appeared to be hungry. One of the nexu had broken free from its trainers. Like Mike said, no long range sniping was to be used. So he waited.

Within minutes, the nexu had crossed the space between them and was snarling at the hunter, baring all its teeth, which was alot. Joshua drew his vibroblade and activated its energy cell. The nexu would have backed off if it realized what a danger the humming blade was. But it attacked anyway.

Stykes dropped to the ground and slashed upward in time to catch the tip of the creatures tail. He felt blood land on his face, and heard the nexu cry out. A smile graced the Clawdites face as he stood up and prepared for another assault. But this time the creature was prepared as well. Its friend, a second nexu, had arrived and they now stood on either side of Joshua.

"O what fun."

The second attacked first from behind. Its claws burying into Joshuas armor and into some skin. He cried out in pain, but kept his eyes on the first. The hunter reversed his holding on the blade and felt the vibrating metal slide deep into the flesh of the nexu.

"Take that you filth."

Once blood had been shed by the second beast, the first had begun stalking its prey. It pounced upon Joshua, jaws gaping. The emerald eyes of the Clawdite watched in slow motion as the jaws of death came closer and closer. Then it happened, in one quick motion; he drew his sword from its sheath of catflesh and a paw of the nexu flung to the sand. But it was not a total victory. A second claw had buried itself in his thigh.

Stykes fell to the ground in pain. His wounds from the battle with Jareth had not yet healed and already two more had been inflicted. Blood flowed form his back, thigh, and his skin still burned from blaster bolts to his chest. And the worst was to come. The nexu was still alive, dying, but alive. And the youngest member of the Elite Mercs, heard the sound of the arena wall crashing, the reek was on its way.

JoshuaStykes.jpg

Mike muttered something under his breath about the goddamned Prima Donna former-Sith, and considered following the ship and shooting it down. However, bellow his ship, Mike could see the Clawdite taking on two Nexu. He wasn't sure whether it was brave of foolish, but it took guts, either way.

Guts, which it looked like were about to be ripped asunder if the fight kept going the way it was. Joshua had managed to kill one of the Nexu, but the second was still alive and dangerous. Not only that, but the reek was on it's way.

Quickly lowering the Shadow Strike to 30 feet above the ground, Mike engaged the control lock and ran for the egress ramp, opening it with a wave of his hand and diving out ino mid air.

Falling towards the still-living Nexu, Mike maneuvered himself so that he would land feet first, and aimed himself to land right behind the Nexu's head.

He was on target, and the Nexu died instantly as Mike crushed its throat between his falling mass.

Going into a roll, he unsheathed his lightsaber, the snap-hiss giving way to a silver beam of energy. He took off at a dead run towards the oncoming Reek.

When the two charging predators were about to collide, Mike dove low, and rolled taking off the animal's front left leg.

As the animal began to fall forwards, Mike leapt up, onto the back of the beast and plunged his lightsaber throw the base of the Reek's skull, cooking it's brain with the blade.

The animal let loose an inhuman howling, which was mercifully silenced when Mike flicked his blade around, the beam of energy destroying the last of the Reek's brain, finally killing it.

Gathering the Force beneath him, Mike leapt upward with all his strength, using the Force to further propel him, and landed on the entry ramp of his ship. Making his way back to the controls, he engaged the comm system, and sent a message to Sticks, telling him to get himself cleaned up, and meet him in the local cantina.

Flying the ship towards the rendezvous, Mike landed the Strike and waited.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

The Clawdite turned his eyes toward the ShadowRider is blasted toward a small settlement. Joshua knew that this bounty hunter, whom Jareth had called Mike, had saved his life, but perhaps he was only saving the life of the EMU. But he did not care. He was alive, and he was the newest member of the Elite Mercenaries. At least, as long as he did what he was told.

Stykes turned back toward the DeathWing and limped to it. When he reached the lowering ramp, he felt something prick in his back. Something was stuck in his back. Something sharp. His reached his arms behind him and yanked hard. It was one of the nexus claws. It had lodged between two plates of armor when the creature had slashed him.

"This could make a good surprise weapon. I just need to add it to my arsenal."

The Clawdite marches onboard the StarViper and heads to the controls. He falls to the control seat and stares out the view port. This planet was meant only for the strong. After taking on two nexu and surviving, only because of Mike, but he was alive knew he belonged here.

The young hunter reached underneath his seat and grabbed a medkit and begins applying bacta to his wounds. He needed the wounds on his legs healed most of all. If his legs were injured, he would not be as agile, or able to dodge attacks. He winced as the bacta soaked into the wound and began to heal the bloody tissue.

His hands gripped the controls and he pulled the exit ramp back to the ship. His hands worked magic on the ship and soon he was blasting toward the cantina. Joshua recognized the Shadow Rider and he set his own ship down next to it.

"What now, a drinking contest?"

JoshuaStykes.jpg

In the blink of an eye, a lone Llamda class shuttle emerges out of hyperspace above Rattatak, Tekkan Raas sitting at the helm of the ship. With casual disconcern he pushed the yoke forward, the shuttle descending through the atmosphere towards the surface at an accelerated rate. As the ground became larger and larger in his viewport the Hunter showed no feelings of fear or doubt, his trademark cocky smirk ever-present on his face. Micro seconds before colliding with the dirt and rock he pulled back on the yoke, the nose of the ship rising to avoid the near disaster that had come ever so close to plaguing his empty existance.

As he neared the infamous cantina he switched to repulsorlifts and gently set the ship down. As the landing ramp lowered he exited his vehicle, his trademark black trenchcoat flowing in the wind as he made his way towards the establishment, his eyes scanning for something...for someone...

The Bounty Hunting world's one man scourge

TekkanRaas.jpg

So between the flowers and steak I'm saying "I kill stuff for you. Please like me."

Mike sat at the tapcaf, draining his glass of scotch. Things had gotten so boring lately, and it was amazing that in such a violent galaxy, full of misdeeds and wrongdoings, that no one had a bounty to post.

His musings were cut short, however, when the new recruit arrived, and asked about a prospective 'drinking contents'. Mike's response was a roll of his eyes.

He then reached under the table, and into a bucket of ice, and within a half second, a bottle of ale was flying towards Joshua's head.

While hurling the bottle, however, Mike felt a familiar presence, which was accompanied by an unfamiliar ship.

Hm, I wonder when Tekkan got rid of the Harmatia.

He grabbed a second bottle, and hurled it at Tekkan, who had just came down the landing ramp of the ship, using the Force to propel the bottle further and faster.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

The darkness slid out of hyperspace, entering real space well out of the atmosphere of rattatak. Its passenger manned the controls in silence. He had been looking for a job for some time now, and this place seemed to hold host to the sort of people that could give him a job.

Piloting his ship down through the atmosphere, to the only cantina he knew, he saw a figure standing outside it, and grinned maliciously. He hovered well above the spot which the figure was standing, and cut his engines, throwing all the power into the repulsor-lifts. Activating the landing gears mid fall, the darkness plummetted towards the ground.

Distracted by the beer bottle flying at his head, Joshua failed to notice the ship that was about to land on him. Suddenly he was knocked to the ground by repulsorlifts, before he felt the weight of a ships landing gear crushing the lower half of his body to the ground. Although the ship took some damage, Joshua seemed to take quite a bit more, having just lost the use of his legs.

The boarding ramp extended, and out walked a man in full length black robes, with a deep hood over his head. Throwing Joshua a tissue, the man then proceeded to walk into the bar, and gesture to the barman that he would like a drink. Sitting down at the bar, he sipped his drink slowly, enjoying the flavor, and looking over the other inhabitants of the cantina.

((Just for the record, that was my first attack post.))

((It has been over 72 hours since i last posted, joshua hasnt yet posted a responce. I am now killing him. have a nice three days. Also, in regards to your argument that i cant land a ship on you, im afraid i can, and you werent in the bar, as you never posted moving inside.))

Finishing his drink, the man in the black cloak took up a bottle of hard, white spirits, and walked out of the bar. Lighting a cigarette, he hurled the bottle of spirit at his ship, where it smashed and the broken glass fell on joshua, along with the bottles contents. Smiling, the man flicked his cigarette at joshua, setting what remained of him alight.

Unslinging his fletchette rifle from his back, he carefully aimed it at the now flaming body of joshua, and emptied the clip into him, before reloading it, and walking back into the bar, for another drink.

Sorry this took me so long guys...I appreciate your patience. After reading back, I have to say that Silence...he is in the bar...He is sitting there talking to BHM.

Joshua, you need to make sure that you post in a 72 hour period cause you have BHM sitting there waiting. Sorry Silence, gotta say that this goes to Joshua.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

ooc: Since Silences post was nulled, I wil lgo to before his first attacking post.

ic:

Joshua watched as the bottle spun toward him. The alcohol churned inside, almost like a soul would. His modified eyes kept track of the bottle as it flew through the air. The hunter knew he would have to time his strike perfectly if he was not going to duffer embarassment.

Then he saw it. The bottle spin right in front of him. the liquid inside was perfectly balanced. His arm flew over his shoulder and his hands closed around the hilt of his vibroblade, thumbing the activation stud. He felt the blade vibrating as he drew it in front of him, between the bottle of ale and Joshua. Upon impact the bottle shattered, sending ale and glass shards flying in all directions.

"So,what is my test."

JoshuaStykes.jpg

As his eyes were ever vigilant to the area surrounding him, out of the brink of nothingness a voice penetrated his mind and echoed in his thoughts. It was Alora...the Sith Apprentice he met on Raxus Prime after he "borrowed" a small convoy of Imperial ships from Coruscant. Her soft voice was soothing as his memory flashbacked to that night at the palace on one of the many Sith worlds. She was so close to him, yet so far away, the notion making his heart beat faster and his blood to burn like embers as it coursed through his veins.

He was in such a daze he never saw the bottle of malt liqor come hurtling in his direction; within the blink an eye it was mere feet away from his face. It never hit him though, like a blur his arm darted out in front of him and his strong hand grasped the neck of the bottle halting its progress. It was strange, he didn't remember moving his arm...it just happened; his reflexes were oddly fast today, even for him.

Removing the cork he took a long swig of the bittersweet substance as his thoughts reflected back to Alora. Her message held a "feeling" about it, there was a sense of recklessness in her surroundings; you could go so far to say you could taste danger and acts outside of the law in the air. With a smirk he realized where his mistress was and promptly turned around and walked back up the landing ramp. Sitting down in the cockpit he fired up the still-warm engines and lifted off into space, adjusting his NavComp and winking into Hyperspace.

Destination: Corellia

The Bounty Hunting world's one man scourge

TekkanRaas.jpg

So between the flowers and steak I'm saying "I kill stuff for you. Please like me."