Mon Calamari/Dac

Nikolai Kolchak

"Geki was a Sith- a far stonger one than Havoc or Cineon, the current Emporer."

Locke paused a moment, sensing maybe his words were getting through.

"I don't think a show of power would prove anything, my friend."

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

"I've not been terribly fond of Forn's vigilante group Open Sky. Not since her mutiny, this action doesn't surprise me at all even if I haven't heard of her being back with them. As for Tosk, there's something not right about this... it doesn't feel right in the Force. I can't see him just dropping everything to follow Geki and even that doesn't feel right. We should be able to sense him, sense the evil that he is. New clone or not, I felt his presence on Coruscant and I can't feel that same force sense now. I doubt he could hide his presense that well, not when he's openly communicating with us."

Kira continued to let Locke do all the talking with them, keeping herself out of sight from the holovid. She stretched out her senses, trying to get a feel for what was going on. If they thought her not there all the better. She doubted that Forn would have told anyone of her being a Jedi although some of her actions on Coruscant that information could have gotten out. It wouldn't be common knowledge that Captain Starspanker was her padawan though. She slipped her hand to her boot feeling the azul crystal's pulse.

"Here, I want you to keep this on you as a good luck charm. I'll also remain on base and meditate."

She would know exactly what was going on up there through her link with Locke.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Tycho stepped into the view screen area. "This is Grand Admiral Kosk," he said. "You are welcome to come aboard and negotiate, as long as you come alone."

The previous vigilante gave a curt smile, then exited the screen. He was also curious as to why this Captain was so surprised to see the Emporer return. It was not uncommon for clones to be produced these days, and even old enemies long gone had ways to come back and get their revenge.

It was a twisted galaxy, but Tycho would deal with it...and even use it to his advantage.

There was still something inside him that told him this was wrong, but his reputation would be revived at the final moment of truth...if these few Rebels didn't stop them first. It certainly would be ironic if a Rebel Captain ended up responsible for the destruction of a plan that would ultimately destroy the Empire.

TychoSig.png

Locke nodded gratefully as the trinket was placed in his hand. He smiled then moved inside to quickly shower and change before he went to the negotiation. After putting on a plain black shirt and pants; accented with white collar and buttons, Locke tied his blonde hair back and put his charm in an inside pocket, right next to his heart.

Locke found himself tying his boots as his transport ascended. As he landed his nervousness began to wear on him. If the negotiations went bad he'd probably be very screwed.

Locked headed out into the MC-90, anticipating a rather cold welcome...

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

Kira watched through the doorway as Locke boarded the transport, May the Force be with you Locke. She turned and marched smartly back to the command centre, quickly organising the ground and air defenses incase they were required, also ordering intelligence to find out whatever they could about what Open Sky had been up to. She then settled herself down in a medatative pose in a corner of the room, letting the Force flow freely through her.

Kira opened the link between Master and Padawan, letting him feel her presence as she stretched her senses out to see what she could find out about Open Sky's presence in system, also allowing her padawan access to her memories of Open Sky, the ships the Alliance had allowed them to have and all other information she knew regarding them. She was ready to sink into her Battle Meditation if it was required, her mind fully open to the Force.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

A complete MC90a Starcruiser, the Peace's War, drifts from the shipyard and was immediately crewed. The timing was conveniant--with a potential threat present, this would serve to dissuade any hostilities.

OOC: Since the Empire is rolling out ships in a week apeice and I was doing it in two weeks before this, I'm now going to have them produced weekly. It depends on if you're using Chrissie's rules, or BHM's rules.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Geki walked toward the docking area of the ship. He had surrounded himself with several armed guards. Their weapons were leveled as Locke entered the ship. Geki spoke with the same cold tone he had exhibited in all his previous encounters with the Republic.

"Just a precaution. You are in no danger here. Would you object to my men searching you for weapons?"

5af9944b.jpg

"Humans, how pathetic."

The old clanky Surronian Stargfighter came out of hyperspace above Mon Calamari. "Well I guess this old thing does still have the ability to travel through hyperspace. I was a little worried at first," said Cal, speaking to himself, "Now I just need to land this clunker and then I can see about joining the alliance. Maybe I can get a few repairs done to this old ship while I am here too."

After recieving clearance to land Cal brought The Myddrin in over the Mon Calamari capital and landed her.

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg

Locke unbuttoned his shirt and spread out his arms, his weapons nowhere to be found, he nodded. He closed his eyes and meditated while he waited for it to happen.

Force help me...

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Cal strolled through the streets of a planet other than his home world's for the first time in his life. He was awed by all that he took in. He had seen pictures of other systems while studying in school but none of that had prepared him for the magical feeling of standing on an alien planet and breathing its unique atmosphere. It all seemed very surreal to Cal.

His first order of business was to find a droid dealer. He needed an astro-mech droid to help him fix up his ship. His father had left the ship to him in very bad condition and from a lot of the carbon scoring on the hull Cal could only wonder at the type of action his father had seen. After asking around for a while and eventually dealing out a few bribes Cal managed to get directions to a local dealer.

Cal stepped into the dimly lit shop that smelled like oil and grease. He was greeted by an old Mon Calamari, ”œHow can I help you young man?”

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg

Kira sat in the control room, in full meditation, not quite into the battle meditation though but close. She was aware of all that was happening within the room as she touched many minds. She stretched out her senses, trying to cloud the enemies judgement as subtly as she could, her delicate touch going un-noticed as she prepared her own people for battle and to undermine the enemy.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Tycho bowed formally to Locke. "Welcome aboard. If you'll follow me, the three of us can begin negotiations shortly," he said, choosing his words carefully. He was no diplomat, contralily he was a vigilante off the streets of Coruscant thrust into control of a faction, but he knew enough to at least sound convincing.

The Corellian then turned as smartly as he could and headed towards the nearest conference room, not far due to minor planning and common sense from the Calamarians that had built the cruiser. He entered and gestured for Geki to take the head, and then sat at the former Emperor's right, leaving it open as to where Locke was supposed to sit.

TychoSig.png

Geki followed the two in, and took his seat at the head. He watched Locke carefully as the man prepared to sit. Locke was brave and that was an admirably quality. But bravery without cunning was useless. Geki wondered how Locke could serve the Rebels after they had allowed him to come alone to negotiate. Then there was the fact that Locke looked like more of a soldier than a diplomat. This confliction made it hard to judge Locke's character.

5af9944b.jpg

"Humans, how pathetic."

Locke's eyes squinted as he went to choose a chair, buttoning his shirt as he entered the conference room. Something told him that he should be weary, but he figured a former Republic ship wouldn't have many tricks to pull. Locke sat down and put his elbows on the table, threading his fingers together in front of him.

"Lets get down to business. Why is it that you feel the need to attack a Republic shipyard?"

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Geki sighed in deep thought. He was not thinking of Locke's question, but more about what had gotten him to this point. His long life was beginning to seem endless. This man before him was meaningless compared to the former Emperor Jidai Geki. He was even more meaningless when compared to the centuries old shapeshifting Shi'ido Vash Mammon. But in death, Locke would become meaningful. He would give his life to a greater cause. Sighing once more, Jidai Geki stood.

"Why do you think I am attacking you? It's my job to destroy the Republic. And after you had been weakened from our encounter on Coruscant, it only seemed logical to launch a surprise attack with my new army."

Jidai Geki paused waving his hand. A soldier behind Locke raised his weapon bringing it down toward Locke's head in an attempt to render him unconscious.

"But the main purpose is to announce my return. However, you did not believe I was Geki. Now you've forced me to prove it."

Geki's maniacal laugh echoed through the room.

5af9944b.jpg

"Humans, how pathetic."

Tycho watched the sudden spring towards violence with a mental wince, but he did not show any emotion on his face. If there was one thing he had learned from life on the streets of Coruscant, fighting random crime, it was the ability to keep a straight face.

He sat still as well, determining that the best course of action would be to let Vash/Geki do all the work here as to most effectively prove his point. The Emperor was returning, and this was a perfect way to prove his malicious intent and will to kill for the Republic.

Beneath the table the Corellian still fingered his DL-44 blaster pistol, which he had concealed as best as he could. If things turned for the worse somehow, he would be ready.

TychoSig.png

((OCC: I asked Robbie before I did this. Weapons are Mod approved. Next time use sensors. The force can hide a great many things from the naked eye.))

The Jedi Padawan smiled. Down on the ground his master was meditating on him--providing him with her dormant power, keeping Locke quite alert in spite of the wound to his head. Locke twisted and rose out of his seat, grabbing onto "Geki's" blaster quickly. Locke pulled the gun out of firing position and with his other hand punched "Geki" in the face, knocking the false Emperor back.

"You're not Geki, fool. Geki was a Sith Master. You may not even be force sensitive. You just can't fool a Jedi."

Sensing immediate danger from Tycho, Locke went to his belt and drew his lightsaber. Igniting the Gold blade Locke turned and span his saber to deflect three blaster bolts, sending them back into the walls.

"You could have chosen to ally with us. You could have chosen peace. I had every intention of negotiating with you. Instead you chose to the Dark path of deception, lies, and pointless crusades for personal power. You chose the dark path, and for it you are now forever damned. You will not be destroying anyone this day."

((OCC: As I understand it I'm sure you, Tycho, don't really trust me. You can kill me next post, as I'm sure you may have planned, or you can prove your point by engaging me in a 2 on 1 duel. Make your choice.))

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Aware fully of what was happening with her padawan, Kira gave the signal for the golans to get ready to fire upon her signal. Fighters were launched and she set in motion the backdoor codes that would allow her full access to the Mon Calamarian cruiser's that Open Sky possesed, leaving them dead in space. Her time served as Admiral of the Rebellion had given her all the codes required for the various craft within the fleet, including those that the break away faction now had. Her mind still just a touch away from battle meditation she would fall into as soon as she had let them know she wanted her padawan returned unharmed.

Hold on Locke, draw all the power and information from me you require. I'm going to try and get you out of there now.

A communications line was opened to Open Sky.

"This is General Kirana Sunrider. I order you now to release my padawan, Captain Starspanker unharmed or face dire consequences. I will know instantly the moment you do him harm and will open fire unless you comply."

7MxDMRQ.jpg

OOC: It was a guard that attacked you not Geki. No problem, we'll just play it that way. I don't have a problem with the two on one duel, but it's up to Tycho.

IC: Geki fell back his face slightly bloodied. He continued backing away, his eyes narrowed in anger. Several guards moved to fire, but the Emperor's voice held them back.

"Stop. You too Kosk. Just for a moment. This isn't a lost cause. If this Jedi wannabe thinks he knows who I truly am. Let us see if he is so confident when he finds out the truth."

Vash began to change, his body twisting, bones crunching as they rearranged. In only a few short moments, a massive Kamarian stood before the young padawan. His mandibles clacked together menacingly, and its four arms and claws were raised in preparation to attack. It's voice spoke, very high pitched, and hard to make out.

"You have no idea what you're dealing with here. I was battling your Jedi brethren before you were born. Drop the saber, and your life will be spared. Disobey, and your life will still be spared long enough for us to flee. But we will make sure you have a painful and public death afterward. Do you really want to put that guilt onto your friends below?"

5af9944b.jpg

"Humans, how pathetic."

Through their bond, feeling that Locke was in danger Kira sent out a rapid set of orders. They had control now of the Open Sky vessel through the codes they had initiated. There was no way she'd let her padawan go out alone.

"Kill their engines, sheilds and their weaponry. I want two boarding parties ready. The first will land in the hanger bay, the second will be led by me. Engage upon landing unless you receive a signal from me not to."

Bringing up a holo of the schematic's of the Rejeuvenator she pointed to the area she sensed Locke to be in.

"We'll attach the second transport here", she pointed to a location close to Locke, "and cut our way in. They shouldn't be expecting that move. I want to be there in moments. Let's move."

She grabbed her full battle armour on the way to the transport, shrugging into it during the journey to the Open Sky ship.

Locke... I sense your danger, I'm on my way.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

OOC: It was not my intent to even take part in the battle unless you managed to kill Geki through some cheap shot or something, so you had not reason to sense danger from me. Furthermore, I would not have fired three shots at you if you made a move for me...Tycho's not the kind of combatant that is traditional. You posted my actions, so I'm going to null that as another player.

IC: As the Jedi leapt made a move towards him, Tycho Kosk gripped a small object in his left hand, but kept both hands, his blaster in his right, under the table. Vash then made a transformation and Tycho decided to leave the fight to him.

The Corellian stood and walked over to the huge animal Geki had become. "I have business elsewhere," he said as the ship was rocked by the first turbolasers of combat. He realized that there was another Jedi in charge of defenses that could sense the danger this Captain was in, so he had to get to the bridge immediately.

That's where he headed, pocketing the object in his left hand and sliding his blaster back into it's place. He quickly made it to the bridge and took over where the Captian of the ship had things generally under control.

"Status and report," he said.

The answer came quickly, "Shields holding at 85% bow. Starboard has taken a little damage as well, but port and aft remain untouched."

"We are being fired upon by another starcruiser in addition to the shipyard itself, a few Golan stations, and a few starfighters," another station reported.

Tycho furrowed his eyebrows. "Return fire strictly at the Golans. They are uncrewed and will not result in casualties upon being destroyed. Launch all Skipray Blastboats and order them to attack the same Golan," he said. These Skipray pilots were the best of the best, and he fully expected for them to be able to inflict serious damage without losses.

"Make for the escapte vector and use the Skiprays for targeting data if we get too far," he ordered.

Outside one of the Golans was taking serious damage to its shields, but the weapon platform was extremely tough and wouldn't go down without one heck of a fight. The Skiprays were almost in torpedo range, and the Corellian was confident that a warhead load would reduce the platform to ash.

OOC: Have fun dueling, you two.

TychoSig.png

((Ah... we have no weapons. Kirana kindly took them away from us, but said nothing about our fighters. ))

As Tycho Kosk was issuing his launching orders, Puffi Maa and Renn Hamis were working on a project that they felt was essential to the survival of the Rejuvinator: the defense against the boarding crews, and locating and finding that damned backdoor program.

Puffi Maa had already slapped an embarrassed bridge officer out of his terminal with a metallic tentacle, and was poring through the programming in the main computer, trying to find the backdoor, scrolling through thousands of lines of code per second. At the very least, he felt a twinge of grudging admiration for whoever had programmed in this backdoor; it was extremely well disguised. But he would find it... and find a way around it. It was only a matter of time.

Meanwhile, Renn began poring over a schematic of the ship's hull, identifying weak points where a boarding crew could cut in: airlocks, weak sections of the hull, areas that housed vital subsystems.

Only two boarding craft? They're not out to take the ship... this is a rescue mission. Renn began speaking to himself, clearly in deep thought. "Wait a second... wait a second... there's no point in trying to cut in from there; they think we can't bring the shields up. No point in taking the comm systems... Could it be...

"Puffs--I have an idea."

"Wow. Who'da thunk it." Puffi Maa didn't even look up from his terminal as Renn began outlining his plan. However, by the time that he finished his explanation, even Puffs had to admit, his tactic was unconventional, crazy, and had the potential to cause a lot of collateral damage--all traits that the demented droid admired.

"Renn, there have been times when you've confused me, and times that I've been downright ashamed of you... but occasionally, you impress me. Now, quickly--get the troops ready to repel boarders! I'll have this done in a Coruscant Minute!"

The former bounty hunter took one moment to consider why he was taking orders from a droid, then ducked into the hallway to join the swarm of soldiers jogging towards their battle stations.

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

((Talk about being mis-read. None of the Rebel defenses have started to fire upon the Rejuvinator yet - all are waiting on Kira's (or her team's) signal to do so. Shields are also down as well as weapons and engines offline due to the backdoor codes. Another thing, if you all remember correctly - Kira is one for conserving lives - not wilfully destroying them - of course she wouldn't just let her padawan be sacrificed. It would go against her nature.))

The fighter craft engaged with skiprays at will, while the first of the landing craft hit the hanger. The second attached itself to the hull of the Rejuvinator and they started to cut their way in. Access open, the crew split into two groups, a rear guard that would keep their line of escape open and the team led by a fully armoured Kira, her saber hilt in one hand, blaster in the other as they made there way to where she felt Locke to be...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

OOC: I think both Renn and I misread your post. I thought that you had given the order to disable our weapons and was in the process of doing so through battle and Renn thought that the shields were still intact.

IC: Outside the ship, the twenty-five Skipray Blastboats proved their superiority. They had the speed of an X-wing, though they were twice the smaller ship's size. What made them superior was both their shields, which were all but impervious to starfighter laser, and their heavy weaponry, consisting of three capital ship Ion cannons, torpedoes, concussion missile launchers, and a pair of laser cannons on a swiveling mount.

Being in a tight group of twenty-five only increased their efficiency, and they cycled through formations to swap out damaged ships for fresh ones, giving the old ones a chance to regenerate shield intesity. The ones on the outside handled heavy blasts with ease, even capital ship turbolasers having to hit them several times to collapse a phase of their shields. Their maneuverability and the experienced skill of the pilots helped them avoid such a fate.

As soon as they entered range, all twenty-five ships unloaded a pair of proton torpedoes on the Golan defense platform. They fired in rapid succession rather than simultaneously, and the effect was devestating. The first few torpedoes slammed into the large droid-controlled station, their proton blasts spreading atoms of light and energy through the now-visible deflector shield. Each weapon left a tiny gap that the shield raced to fill.

Before it could, however, more torpedoes came in, either making additional holes or slipping in through the already-present ones. The warheads slammed into the large station, doing heavy damage and atomizing thick armor plating and then vital systems.

The last of the projectiles hit the very core of the station, tearing it apart for the flaming chunks of metal, some still firing turbolaser shots, to be grabbed by the planetary gravity field and dragged burning through the atmosphere of the watery world Mon Calamari to completely disentagrate before creating a single ripple in the still water below.

TychoSig.png

((Weapons were offline, as were shields and engines. They had been disabled to stop you firing on the rescue party. Now that you've attacked fully I'm not going to sit back and take it. You wanted war - you've got it

Also, do you really think that 25 skiprays would take out a golan that easily? With all the defenses that they hold? Their size included? A Golan being larger than an imperial SD and carrying more firepower. The Skiprays would have been obliterated before finishing their first salvo. ))

Reports came through on Kira's head set. She gave the order to retailate, the just completed Mon Cal cruiser opened up with all it's ordinance, their compliment of fighters launching as well, the new K-wings launching into action against the skiprays. She had been prepared to just retrieve her padawan and let them go, no lives lost. Now that they had attacked the manned golan stations in an effort to destroy, not disable she felt they didn't deserve to walk away, even if it meant her own life lost in the process. The Golans retaliated as well, firing upon the skiprays and on the Rejuvinator.

"Hit the engines! Even if they manage to get this ship online they're not going anywhere now. I want their unconditional surrender! Nothing less. Target their weapon bays as well. I want this ship defenseless."

The Rejuvinator began to rock as damage was done to it's engines. Kira's team continued to make it's way to Locke's position, firing upon any resistance they encountered, the elite section taking little damage as Kira mentally boosted those around her. She sent off a comm to Kosk.

"Surrender or be destroyed. You're not going anywhere. You're dead in space. Surrender and face the consequences on what you have done. I wanted my padawan back, a peaceful solution, now that you've made your intentions known I have no intention of letting you go."

7MxDMRQ.jpg

((OCC: Okay, I'll give you intent because I really have no way of arguing with what you were planning on doing, however, somebody pulling a gun on you is always danger. Also, you posted "If things turned for the worse somehow, he would be ready." I am of the opinion that the captive jumping back up from a stunning blow and whipping out a lightsaber could be construed as things taking a turn for the worse, so I think you should at least be able see where I'm coming from in this. I do apologize for posting your actions out of turn though. My mistake. Double deduction for me misreading your post, Vash. I guess I'm just having an off week.

Back to the task at hand. I vote three posts each plus mod (or judge) ruling. I'll let you pick the judge. All get the ball rolling with a first duel post. Does this sound agreeable?))

Locke watched with great interest as the false emperor turned from man to monster. Four armed insectile behemoth. He had known all along that what he was seeing was not a Geki, but he hadn't quite expected to find this. Locke's golden lightsaber went to his side as he gaped at the creature.

"Monstrosity. I knew your name was not Geki."

Locke suspected that this wasn't his true form either, but he would be unable to know for certain unless it was dead. He had suspected a changelum, but they couldn't even begin to compare to the shape shifting ability of this creature. Simple skin transformations weren't anything like the full structural reconfigurations this being was capable of. Locke was weary of the creature, for it's advantages were powerful ones. Locke raised his saber and closed his eyes, calling to the force for aid.

"There is no emotion; there is peace..."

The Jedi Padawan's fears of the creature were put to rest. The force would help him through this, and whatever the out come he was certain it was destiny. Dashing forward at the large insectoid, Locke attacked with quick strikes at the alien's thick carapace, jumping to evade counter attacks. The bug's movements had to be swift to counter the golden blade of his lightsaber, which danced around him with speed and grace. The bug was wholly incapable of escaping all of Locke's attacks, especially without a lightsaber to counter, and before long his carapace was decorated with black smoking lightsaber burns. Locke dashed forward and smashed his shoulder into the beast, stunning him long enough to drive his saber hilt into the creature's jaw. Drawing his saber back Locke brought his hand forward, slapping the beast on his hard chest. A burst of force energy rushed from Locke's hand, impacting the bug and launching him backward. A large crack in the creature's carapace marked the spot where he had touched. Locke smiled looking at the beast squirm on it's back.

"Really, I expected your true form to be much larger..."

((1))

((Tiny tiny grammar edit. Inverted two words.))

Edited by Guest

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

OOC: I know how big they are, but that's a lot of proton torpedoes...50 can take out something that big, and not all its weapons can fire on the Skiprays at once.

IC: Tycho frowned. "Launch TIEs," he said before answering the comm. Fifty TIE Defenders were scrambled and immediatly began engaging the K-wings, which required E-wing or X-wing escort. The E-wing was superior to the TIE Defender in some respects, but the two ships were equally matched when all was said and done.

The only difference was that these TIE Defender pilots had been trained by some of the best, being the core of all the forces the Open Sky had at its disposal.

Only then did the Corellian answer the comm. "Call a cease fire and I'm sure we can work something out. I don't want to have your ships taking out our engines while we're talking. Besides, if you destroy us, the Captain dies with us," he said. The ultimatum carried enough that the General would have a chance of accepting it, but Tycho was almost sure there was a loophole somewhere.

He found it curious that a single hostage could cause such a fuss. He was a vigilante, and things like that never really mattered all that much to him. However, this was the military, and it was much more real. That, or this General had too much power behind her for her own good and she was applying it just to save her friend.

Meanwhile, the Skipray Blastboats, having done their job, retreated behing the lines of the incoming TIE Defenders as to avoid further losses. They had lost a few ships and the rest were damaged, but the losses weren't bad for having taken on a massive Golan IV ((four, right?)).

TychoSig.png

OOC: Agreed. I'll pm KVC after we're finished. Excellent beginning by the way, good post.

IC: As Locke pressed him Vash's claws tried to sneak around his defenses searching for an opening. The blow to the carapace and mandibles was unexpected, and intensely painful. One mandible had been broken off by the hilt. Even though the Shi'ido were a shapeshifter species powerful enough to copy the forms of other species, there was no technology involved. All the Kamarian parts were made from Vash's own body.

I cannot let him see any sign of weakness.

Adept at showing no sign of pain during a battle, Vash only allowed the smallest squeal to escape his mandibles. He scrambled up the bulkhead his claws driving into the durasteel as the Kamarian dashed across the ceiling to the other side of the room. Vash hissed in his native tongue,

"U zult hier Jedi sterven."

He'd underestimated Locke, and that shamed him. However it would not be a mere padawan that ended his glorious life. Not today.

Vash's lower claws dragged on the underside of the discussion table as the two combatants circled one another. After years of training, Vash could see Locke's muscles tensing in preparation to leap. The Jedi was ready to press his advantage. But at the last second, Vash thrust the metal table with his Kamarian strength at the padawan.

The Jedi reflexes kicked in immediately, as expected. And the table was cut in two with a swing of the saber. But as soon as the Jedi had swept his blade upward, he felt the impact of a leaping Kamarian. Its strong upper hands gripped him about the wrists keeping his saber in check. His wrist and saber began to feel the stress of the crushing claws. The lower ones held his midsection tightly squeezing his ribs, and lifting him into the air. The bones began sounding with a sickening crack. And one more terrible feeling began to creep over Locke. Something slithering up his back, and settling around his neck. The Kamarian's powerful tail. It squeezed his throat tightly, like a python. Vash spoke as the two struggled,

"We are here alone, your master will not save you now. Perhaps you will see my true form Jedi. For no one has ever seen what a Shi'ido really looks like and lived to tell the tale."

5af9944b.jpg

"Humans, how pathetic."

((yeah I think that one was a VI ))

Receiving more reports of his fighters launching, as well as the communication alerts they had now tapped into within the ship itself Kira responded. She was fairly sure that he hadn't yet guessed she was onboard his ship herself as most rebels had the notion to stay back and lead from behind. Not Kira. She prefered the front lines, jedi or not.

"I'll only call a cease fire if you do Kosk. I really don't think you're in a position to make such demands. You can't win. If you want out of this alive, recall your fighters and lay down your arms... NOW"

Her fate would be the same as her padawan's. Her squad's knew too what they were into, having done suicide runs with her before. The majority of the time they got out with minimal injuries. She signalled for the squad to move into the room next door to the one Locke was in. A few simple mind tricks sent Open Sky personal on their way, thinking that the squad they saw were meant to be there and once out of sight it went literally out of their minds.

Kira's squad moved into protective postions around her as she sat quietly behind an upturned table. She sank into a meditation, reaching out to touch and confuse the Open Sky personal both on board the Rejuvinator and out in the tie fighters. She projected a false sense to those that neared this area of the ship, one that suggested that they didn't need to go anywhere near where the Jedi padawan was fighting... by doing this, they would also not come anywhere near where the Jedi's master was located either...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Locked kicked in pain as the tail wrapped around his throat, clenching off his airway. The blood vessels in his eyes ruptured filling the whites with red blood. He gasped for air, his lightsaber falling to the ground from his now limp hand. His skin began to turn a purple color as the oxygen was deprived his body. Locke was able to choke up a couple quiet words.

"You're... pretty... good..."

Locke gasped once more as an alloy whip wrapped around Geki's arm, the hilt of his weapon landing in his hand through a subtle manipulation of the force. The cold alloy metal of the whip clenched around the hard carapace wrist of the creature, barely noticeable through the thick natural armor. Locke smiled weakly and raised his eyebrow.

Snap-hiss!

The lightwhip activated in glorious flash of blue light, severing the hand as the light coiled around the alloy whip. Locke's now free hand shot backward, drawing the whip to slash the tail off at the end. Locke's feet came up and kicked against the beast's chest, gracefully breaking him free of the grip and sending the creature to it's back. Locke landed on the ground in a kneel, his whip deactivated and settled on the floor. Locke gasped for air as the beast recovered, using it's momentary weakness to regain his strength. Sweat dripped from his face and onto the floor.

...There is no ignorance; there is knowledge...

Vash's ability to transfigure had limitations. As impressive as it was, there were scientific boundaries that he couldn't overcome. One law came to mind; a simple law that is taught in elementary chemistry--The Law of Conservation of Mass. There was no way that his mass could change from form to form, thus, he would weigh exactly the same as a human as he would as a giant bug. This meant, in so many words, that Locke would be able to strong arm the creature much more easily than he would a regular Kamarian, which might weigh 400 pounds or more. Locke combined this with a commonly taught law of combat--Where the head goes, the body follows.--to formulate his attack.

Locke's right hand opened and his golden lightsaber returned to him. Locke attacked with quick shallow strikes, cracking his whip at Vash's face to try to disorient him. Dashing forward quickly, Locke stabbed with his saber, forcing Vash backward. The alloy whip wrapped around the neck of the large creature as it retreated. Locke's left hand jerked backward, pulling Vash forward quickly and violently, knocking him onto his face. Locke's boot thrust into the back of his neck, his lightsaber inverting as he rose it into the air. Locke brought the saber down on top of the creature, aiming to finish him with a blow to the head...

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu