Mon Calamari/Dac

Nikolai Kolchak

Mara sat down facing her husband and closed her eyes as well. She streatched out her senses, and let the force flow through her. It connected her to the everything. She could feel the pulse of the universe. She focused on the smaller scale. She felt the heartbeat of the planet, and of all of the creatures on the planet. She focused on one creature in spacific. She wrapped her force presence around her husband with all of her love. She could feel his connection to the force as well as her own. She sent one message out over the connection they shared.

"I will never be away from you again."

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

As her thoughts and feelings connected with his own, Leo heard her words and decided to let he feel what he felt. His feelings stretched out and he allowed the Force to flow through him. Her connection to the Force strengthened his own, giving him more power to show her the abilities of the Force.

The Corellian stretched out with his feelings and felt the galaxy. The starts around them shone as brightly as a blaster bolt in a blackhole. He could see two differences between the planets around them. The ones full of life seemed to be in motion as life was extinguished and reborn. But one thing stood out like the suns of Tattooine. It was the presence of another Force-user near them. On this planet was another being capable of touching the Force, becoming what was once called, a Jedi Knight.

asdfgcopy.jpg

Mara felt their senses streatch out to the larger scale. She felt the presence of the other force user on the planet a few seconds after Leo did. She pulled her senses back from the unknown presence, and away from everything else as well.

"Leo, who was that?"

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

"That was another one of us. Someone with the potential to tap into the Force. Someone who deserves a chance, the same chance I am giving you."

The feeling of another Force-sensitive caused a disturbance in him. Could this person be another assassin sent to kill him? Could this person be a spy, sent by either then Sith or the Jedi to find him? No Jedi, other than Sly Stevenson, Andon Colos and Orrick knew of his existance. And his old Sith master was surely dead. He had met Master Stevenson in combat to the death. Surely Sly would have won. But what if it truly was someone with potential? He had to take that chance.

"This person deserves to be trained in the Force. No other Jedi Masters are around to train them. I want to know if it would be ok for me to take them on as my apprentice, alongside you. If you desire to be my sole apprentice, I still must find them. But then we would need to find a Jedi to train them. But it is your decision."

Leo took his wifes hands in his own and kissed the top of them. His love for her often astounded even him. Had she been a regular apprentice, he surely would not have asked for her opinion. But the fact that she was his wife and the one woman he could love made all her opinions important to him.

asdfgcopy.jpg

"Of course you can train them along side me. It would be nice to get to know another force user besides the two of us." She smiled at him and streatched out her senses again. She tried to connect to the other person's presence, but without help, she was just not strong enough.

jadedfin.jpg

The Corellian smiled as his wife gave approval. As Leo rose to his feet, he just couldn't stop thinking that she kept amazing him all the time. On Naboo, she had drawn a lightsaber and fought off hordes of troopers to help him and their sons, even though she had never trained with one. And now, she was willing to share his expereicne with someone else.

Leo reached down and lifted her up, pulling hjer close to him and kissing her deeply. He reveled in the softness of her lips and wished he could stay this way forever. As he broke the kiss and softly stroked her cheek and slipped his hand into her own. Silently they made their way down the hallway.

As they walked, Leo sent out a Force-message to the one he had felt.

I am coming. Look for me.

asdfgcopy.jpg

((*hums Across the Stars* Heh. Sorry.))

She wasn't strong enough to get any more than a sense of need.

I am here for a reason, Meleni reminded herself, unossing both feet in front of her, and forcing herself to stand. At her full height, she cast a long shadow across the ground.

She drew her own shadows back around her, pulled the mask of expressionless seem over her face once again. The twinge in the back of her mind... bothered her. Yet it didn't. The feel of being called to something, or someone-- to look for something. She didn't like it. It was as if someone else had drawn control of who she was for just a second.

Look to the dawn...

Meleni folded her arms up into her dark brown robe. I seek something now-- be you friend or foe.

A complete Mon Calamari MC90a Starcruiser left the shipyard dock and floated into the open space above the watery world of Mon Calamari. It would be the first of the new fleet of the Alliance, and as such it was christened the Regenesis.

An order came in from Admiral Starlisk this time for a larger ship, the single most powerful ship that the Alliance would have, a Star Defender. He additionally ordered that support ships be crafted and put in a special order for a freighter of Kirana Sunrider's specifications.

The Regenesis was only awaiting a more fitting crew, and that would take a little more time to arrive.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

To many people the Force was different things. To some it was a diety, ruling over them like a God. To others it was a tool, like a hammer to be used against ones enemies. To some it was a almost whisper, telling them things, making them think. For Leo it had been many. During his days as a Sith Lord, it had been a tool used to destroy his enemies. Then when heconverted back to good, it became almost like a diety to him, asking him to do to its will. And now it had become part of an introspective search of himself. What it would deliver, he did not know.

As Leo and Mara walked through the halls of the Mon Calimari building, his senses stretched out. To him, the Force-sensitive individual was like a beacon in the dark, calling out to him, promising him something. But through the Force, he felt something else. A conflict in the galaxys heart, Coruscant. Death, pain, and siffering radiated from the core of the universe. It made Leo wonder what was happening.

Within minutes, they had neared the Force-sensitive and Leo knew he was about to get another apprentice. but who, or what they were, still remained a mystery. His whole being stretched out to touch thisd person and let them know he was there, right outside their door.

With wa wave of his hand the door slid open, revealing a woman standind in the drowning light. His emerald eyes watched as her shadow retreated to her body and then he raised his heas to meet her eyes. He nodded slowly and extended his hand. If she took it, her life would be changed drastically. She would become a servant of the Force, fulfillings its wishes and doing its will.

asdfgcopy.jpg

The small rebel freighter containing General Sunrider, Captain Starspanker and crew emerged from hyperspace above the water planet of Mon Calamari. The two jedi had now been somewhat cleaned up, though still in their battle garb, both still needed proper medical attention.

Permission was granted to land, and co-ordinates given to bi-pass the mine field. Kira and Locke left the frieghter, still a little fatigued from their ordeal and headed to the medical centre. Kira gave Locke's arm a gentle squeeze showing her gratitude as they parted, Locke being taken in one direction to have his nose reset and other injuries seen to, Kira the other, being taken to where she would be prepped for surgery to have her hand reattached. As they helped her out of her battle scared armour, other injuries were revealed. There was a nasty cut on her neck, major bruising on her knee as well as the lingering headache from the sonic barrage he'd initially hit her with that had given her the bloodied nose. The hand being the worst of the lot and would require the most work.

As they put her out to it, her last conscious thought was of Locke. Several long hours later she rewoke, having had the surgery on her hand. She was told that it would take a while for feeling to return to it, but the operation had been successful. She rested for a while longer, waking up again in a private room, a meal being brought in to her. She sat up, finding her arm strapped across her chest to restrict movement. One handed she began to eat her meal, again wondering how her padawan was fairing and where he was...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

"WHEEE!!!"

*Locke zoomed in Kira's room on a hover chair- which was exceeding it's intended speed, and while doing so Locke managed to crash it into the durasteel wall of the room, throwing Locke across the floor and into the adjacent wall. Locke quickly stood up as two hosipital attendants rushed in.*

"He ditched the chair in this room, he's on foot now, so you can catch him if you keep going! Go! Go!"

*Locke shooed them dramatically, unsure that they'd buy his story at first. After a minute the white suited men backed out of the room and took off down the hall.*

"Suckers..."

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

Kira nearly choked on the mouthful she had taken as she heard Locke's approach. She struggled to keep a straight face as the hospital attendants tore out looking for the "offender", shaking her head and breaking into laughter as they left.

"There's no doubt about you Locke, you really are a ratbag"

She couldn't wait to be out of the hospital already. She took in his multi-coloured face, guessing that she wasn't much better...

"Pity we can't spring this joint now, but I've got another day here at least. I think we've earned some R&R after that one, where do you think you'll spend your time off my dear padawan?"

She was partially worried about setting him loose on the unsuspecting Mon Calamarian's, partially hoping that he'd want to remain in her company...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

*Locke casually walked toward Kirana, obtrusively climbing into the hospital bed along side his master.*

"Well, Boss, I was thinking of spending the day here with you. Keep you company. Besides, what fun is a planet full of giant sentient lobsters? Okay, It does have potential, but still..."

*Locke sampled her food with one hand while he snaked the other over he shoulder. He shoveled a piece of a small green paste into his mouth, picking it up with his bare hands. His face scrunched up in disgust.*

"You'd think a planet full of lobsters would have some good seafood. Like Crab or somethin'. This stuff is just grose..."

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

Normally she would have pushed him off the bed, this time however she let it slip, secretly delighted that he wanted to spend time with his battered up master instead of chasing the nurses. She laughed again as he took some of the glop.

"You'd think so wouldn't you. Let you in on a secret. Use the force to trick your tastebuds into thinking it tastes more palatable"

She gave him a wink. Noticing how he'd sneaked his arm around her shoulders she raised her eyebrow at him...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

*Locke smiled, leaning back and whiping his hand on a nearby towel.*

"Nah, I figure if it's inedible under normal circumsances I shouldn't try to pretend it is. Surely that's going to have some kind of back lash in the long run. Your body percieves something as tasting like..."

*Locke paused, seeking the right word.*

"...tasting like Death- for a reason."

*Locke leaned his head back on his master's bed, pulling his arm around to rest on.*

"So how's the hospital been treating you? Good, I suppose? The surgery to make my face solid again was exceedingly complicated, and even now I'm not entirely sure what happened. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if I found I was short a kidney."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Kira winced slightly in rememberance of the battle they'd just been through. They were lucky to make it out of that one at all. She shook her head, shifting to face him as she pushed away the side table that held the so called meal. It might be nutritious but even the rebel's mess hall had better food than that.

She patted her arm, wishing that it wasn't strapped against her so she couldn't move it.

"The wing will be back in action again soon. Should get feeling back in it soon. Sooner the better - I feel like I'm in a straight jacket with my arm tied up like this."

She met his eyes, tiltiing her head to one side, mischief shining in her eyes,

"You know... those bruises just add to your rougish good looks, I'm surprised you're not chasing the human nurses around already for a sympathy vote"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

*Locke shifted onto his side like his master had, now lying face to face with her.*

"Ahh, but why would I be after the nurses who have to spend their days cleaning the bodly fluids off of themselves and others when I can stay right here, with a captive audience that has just admitted physical attactrion, and on top of that is far, far, more beautiful than anything out there in the first place? I guess, to put that in fewer words, I like you more."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Kira found herself blushing, mentally kicking herself for letting that titbit slip to him, then felt her cheeks heat up further hearing him say how beautiful he thought her and that he liked her more than the pretty nurses she'd seen about the hospital. She was suddenly aware of how only a thin blanket separated them. Her mind went back to when he'd shared a bed with her before, how he'd climbed in with her when she'd already been asleep. She didn't think her face could get any redder right then either.

"I... err... don't know what to say... "

She did have to laugh though... he did have her as a captive audience right then... her knee was alittle swollen still from ramming it into Faust's armoured groin so she couldn't really hobble away... not that she really wanted to...

"Thankyou Locke. You're full of surprises..."

7MxDMRQ.jpg

*Locke couldn't help but smile at his Master's confusion.*

"You know Boss- you're really cute when you can't figure out how to react. Your cheeks get all round and red. Really endearing."

*Locke planted a kiss on Kirana's heavily flushed cheeks and then turned over with his face toward the ceiling.*

"I'd think I wouldn't be surprising by now. You'd have gotten used to me. And you shouldn't thank me- I just say whatever comes to mind."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Kira couldn't help but smile as he kissed her, her expression softening.

"Truthfully, I hope you don't become predictable Locke. I like you just the way you are. You're always full of surprises and I never know what to expect from you. I like that."

She called on the force to lift herself slighly, being that it was her bandaged side that he was on, she met his eyes before leaning over and touching her lips to his very briefly before she lay back down.

The hospital staff were due to make rounds soon and she would be very amused to hear the comments when they found the Captain on the General's bed...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Locke perked up, having a sudden realization.

"Boss- Boss- I just remembered, I've got two things to show you. Can I see your wrist, please?"

Locke sat up slightly, but remained close to his master. She looked at him hesitantly, indicating that it was kind of strapped down. Locke snapped his fingers one hand, then pointed at the straps, a strange gesture to the force, that resulted in them coming undone. That alone, Locke thought, was worth the time he had spent learning to become a Jedi.

Locke took a hold of Kirana's sore hand and began to slowly move his fingers up and down the length of her wrist- a pale blue light surrounding it. Locke's eyes closed as his concentration became somewhat strained as he manipulated the force to 'clean up' after the Mon Cal surgeons. It seemed to be a large strain on him, but he was thrilled to do it. Locke opened his eyes and released Kirana's hand back to her.

"Now given, I was only able to heal you enough to fix the minor imperfections in surgical techniques (which trust me, you would notice in the long run), just like I was only able to close a little cut on my arm, but regardless having been able to pick up on how to force heal simply by observing you do it to me, what, three times is impressive, No?"

Just then the nurse came in to make her rounds. Immediately she started in with the yelling, shouting something about the General needing time to recover and that Locke certainly didn't belong in the bed with her.

"Which brings me to the next thing I have to show you..."

The nurse ignored Locke totally until he gestured for her to comes closer with a flick of his finger. Still shouting she came right up to the side of the bed, demanding to know Locke's rank so that he could be demoted. Locke Snapped his fingers and touched one finger to her lips.

"Shhh."

The nurse was knocked out cold, falling unconsciously into the hover chair, which Locke had carefully used the force to maneuver under her. Locke held out his hand and through the force he guided the chair and it's knocked out rider out of the room and into the hall.

"Cool, huh?"

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Kira observed as he undid the strappings holding her arm in place through the force... and had to hide a thought that if he'd learnt to undo bandages, what else could he undo...

She placed her hand in his, watching him manipulate the force to heal the scar. She felt the tingle that accompanied healing, smiling with approval at his progress.

"That's very impressive Locke. I'm glad you've picked up on healing."

She concentrated herself then, focusing internally on her hand, visualizing what the surgeons had reconnected. Slowly she twitched her fingers, slight pain accompanying the movements but it wasn't too bad. She smiled again knowing that she'd regain full use of her hand given a little bit of time.

At the fuss the nurse caused at Locke being on her bed and the way he dealt with her, Kira just had to laugh. Seemed he liked to 'Shhh' people... remembering the time he'd tried to 'Shhh' her, finding herself blushing again because of it... Why do I keep thinking about that?

"Ok Locke, when did you learn that little trick?"

More fuss sounded from the hallway as the doctor and head nurse came across the unconscious body in the hoverchair. They brought her round with some smelling salts and after hearing her explanation came storming into Kira's room. All glaring at Locke for whatever it was he did to the nurse in question and for being in the General's room, on her bed no less.

Her laughter controlled, but still amused as well as pleased with her padawan's learning, Kira held up her hand to still their protests. She became the target of their 'discussion' then as she'd lifted her injured hand. This was becoming too much for a convalescent and she firmly ordered one word to all of them, strong force persuasion behind it.

”œEnough!”

7MxDMRQ.jpg

"C'mon Boss, let's blow this joint. Nothin' but drugged up nurses and crazed hover chair riders around here anyway."

*Locke dramatically picked up his master, still wrapped in the sheet, and carried her out the door. Then onto the elevator- where he made smalltalk with a quarren. Locke shifted slightly, tapping his foot. He sang along with the elevator music. Kirana gave him a dirty look, and he stopped, hanging his head in shame. The Door opened and Locke stepped out into the lobby, and subsequently into the street, his master still in his arms.*

"Where to boss?"

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Kira certainly wanted out of the hospital but was again caught by surprise as Locke picked her up and carried her out. Her face, bright red again, at least glad of the sheet he'd left her wrapped in as the hospital gown wasn't the most modest. She half hid her face against his shoulder, her arms having gone round his neck to hold on. Kira struggled to keep a straight face but lost out to laughter as he left the hospital.

"No doubt about you Locke..." she managed get out around the laughter as she gathered her thoughts again, "The Q-Store at rebel base I guess. I need some clothes Locke!"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

"Awww... Boss... You don't need clothes. Pointless pieces of cloth with which to conceal the glorious gifts God gave you. No- your body is something that should be proudly displayed, not hidden. It's greedy to hoard your gifts. Share Boss- SHARE WITH THE WORLD!"

*Locke paused, as if expecting her to cheer in agreeance and attempt to shed the blanket. As if attempting to cut her off before she could call him an idiot, he shouted.*

"To the Q-STORE!"

*Locke began the short walk to the republic military base from their military hospital. Locke suddenly realized that he never answered her question from earlier.*

"I never really learned how to do the sleep thing, per say, it's just something that came to me. A whisper in my head that told me how to do it. It was the force- I think. I don't know how, I just do."

*Locke kicked the door to open the Q-Store.*

"Let's get to it."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

"Unlike you Locke, I'm not one to parade around naked as much as I know you'd like me to... I've a reputation to maintain!" And besides which, no-one's seen me like that before... nor likely to... She was beginning to think that the colour of her face would stay permanantly red while she was near Locke...

Once in the Q-Store Kira smothered a laugh against his shoulder at the look they got when they realised who he'd just carried in. Glancing back she could see the Q-Staff trying to keep straight faces as they came to attention, saluting her.

"I think you can put me down now Locke..." then as he did so, she wrapped the sheet tighter around herself and spoke to the Q-staff, "I require another uniform for myself and another for the Captain here as well. And no... this isn't the new dress code."

She added the latter as she took up the uniform they handed her, clutching it as well as the sheet as they indicated where a change room was. She threw a look back at Locke, not sure if she should visualise something to tease him over that or not... deciding to quickly dress instead, just incase he wanted the same changeroom himself but not sure if he would just change out in the open as before...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

*Locke had put the same clothes on that he had worn while in the battle of Coruscant. Locke figured he'd put the uniform on later. He could stand to be grungy for a while longer. He'd come this far- what was a little bit longer. Locke grabbed the folded uniform and wedged it under his arm.*

"So boss, now that we've got your garments of greed, think we can get off this aquarium?"

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Feeling more comfortable in her new uniform, Kira re-emerged from the changeroom. Much better. She had folded up the hospital gown and sheet, placing them on the counter.

"These will have to be returned to the hospital. I'd also like my armour returned as soon as our ship's ready."

The Quartermaster checked his datapad before glancing back up at her.

"It's ready now Ma'am. According to this, your armour as been cleaned and along with your personal effects have been placed in the ship while you were having surgery."

She nodded her head, glad that she didn't have to detour back to the hospital to get her lightsaber. She'd have to get another vibroblade and modify it again though... she already missed the one that she lost in battle. The hanger's direction was pointed out to them and she turned back to her padawan.

"Ok Locke, lets go."

7MxDMRQ.jpg

*Locke's eyebrow went up with curiosity.*

"Ship? We have a ship? Like not just some peice of crap the Republic let us use because it's worthless? Glorious."

*Locke followed his nose to the white frieghter, taking special delight in the mere thought of it's existence.*

"Ship ownership? This is new to me. I've always just stowed away. Standard of living upgrade for the Captain!"

*Locke boarded the ship and went directly to the cockpit, sitting down in the cushy co-pilot's seat.*

"Excellent."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

"Yes Locke, we have a ship..."

Kira followed alittle more slowly behind him, still with her limp. She couldn't help but smile at him, he was like a little kid given alot of presents and not knowing which to open first.

"So what do you think of her? I've had this baby on order for a while now... I figured that we'd need something abit smaller than the Freedom's Reprieve to run round the galaxy in"

She winced at having lost her flagship but this new one would make up for it's loss. Kira ran her hand along the smooth walls of the ship before she slipped onto the pilot's chair and relaxing back into it.

"Another surprise for you Locke, you can have the honor of naming her."

7MxDMRQ.jpg