Myrkr

Tarrian Skywalker

Ruling: As the troops engage on Goodwood he reaches his ship. Nuch like Vader coming on the Millenium Falcon as it took off. Shots are fired further damaging Goodwood's ship. Onboard and heading for the atmosphere Goodwwod escapes.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

*The Captain onboard the SEED transport watches the Jedi's ship enters hyperspace, saying nothing. A cold sweat springs up on his back as he realises that his head is forfeit.

He pushes a button and opens a comlink to the surface.*

'Sergeant, kindly return to the ship. Our task is finished here, we return to Sanity's End.'

*The operation is performed quickly and silently, an air of impending doom over the soldiers as they prepare to return.*

*The fully operational imperial defense grid opens fire on the Millenium Skyray, while tractor beams lock on.*

Hand of Shodan: Now, we want no Sith fleet interference in our plot, could you post one of your messages?

Hand of Shodan: jk

*******: I could.....but can you pm me what thread and what is the plot line and who is allowed to be involved....

• 4 weeks later...

The world of Myrkr, at least from space, looked exactly as it had the last time Ben'a Solo had visited. But the mistakes of his previous journey would not be repeated, and he would find what he sought. Running a full sensor sweep before confirming that there were no other starships present, at least in space, the Jedi Knight begins the landing cycle. Gently, he disconnects from the hyperspace ring, and eases the small fighter into the atmosphere. It is a short while before he finds where he had originally landed.

Once on the ground, Ben'a wastes no time exiting the snubfighter, armed with a small blaster rifle and a vibroblade. "Secure the ship, Arfour," he mutters as he leaves, the droid cooing his uncertainties as the Jedi leaves.

By now, Ben'a is used to the effects of the ysalamir present. Even though he was unable to connect with the Force while in the wooded home of the sessile creatures, he wasn't without the ability to defend himself, as he had demonstrated during his last visit. Even so, there are some interesting things that he can find out about them -- like that peculiar sound they make, and their distinct odor. Though there are no apparent trails through the forest near a large mountain range, Ben'a seems to know which way that he should go.

Eventually, as darkness fell around him, Ben'a reached the edge of the forest. As he moved out and towards the mountains, his connection to the Force began to return, albeit minimally. The walk was a very long one, and though his legs began to pain him, Ben'a continued on, finally reaching the entrance to a mountain cave. As he entered the cavern and pressed on into its interior, a distinct feeling of deja vu began to overtake him -- someone had been this way before -- someone powerful enough in the Force to leave a trace of himself behind. And that person hadn't been here alone.

((cue the vornskrs))

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Aryian's ship shot out of space in orbit above Myrkr. Working quickly, he got a lock on Ben'a's comm signal, and fired the only thing in the launch bay down towards the ground. About four minutes later, a large meteor (apparently) landed about thirty feet away from Ben'a, sending debris into the air.

Out of the smoking pit arose a being that Ben'a had never seen before, probably because it was brand-spankin new. It looked like a Destroyer Droid from the old Republic days from the waist down (Abouts), as in it had four legs, not ending in a tip as normal, but bulkier and more maneuverable, suited for harsh conditions. The torso was bulky, having a layer of inch-thick blaster-proof armor, and also supporting two arms that each had two Imperial-class rifle (equivalent) blasters on them. The head itself did not look loike a human head, neither did it look like a standard droid head. It contained multiple lenses, most of which were for different angles and magnification, but one was for night vision and the other for infra-red.

Up in his ship, Aryian smiled. Putting on the headset he kept in his ship, he opened a direct comm to the bot, allowing him to speak through it. It was only a few steps to the now closed cargo area, and as he opened the door, he saw the other half of the robo-suit: The holographic controller pad. Stepping on the pad, it activated, creating a wireframe of the robot around him, and also popping up a video view for him, so that he now had eyes.

Down on the surface, it began to move towards Ben'a, rifles activating. Aryian called out once to Ben'a.

"You like it, Ben'a? It's the latest in Sorosub technology. I can fight without the force, I just want to get a feel for this...first."

It would be obvious that Ben'a could sense Aryian's excitement as he tested out his new toy.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

((I'm in a cave, but oh well. We'll say it tracked Ben'a into the cave, eh?))

A loud calcaphony outside jarred Ben'a from his reverie. Something large had impacted upon the surface not far outside of the cavern he had entered -- and it was moving in. A not-so-subtle tap-tap-tap-tap-tap signaled its approach into visual range, and when Ben'a finally cuaght sight of it, he at first thought it was another dastardly invention of SEED's design. The voice of his friend Aryian, relayed through the droid, at once dispelled that idea. The Jedi nearly busted a gut trying to stifle his laughter, but untimately failed to do so.

"That certainly is, er, an interesting little gadget you've picked up," Ben'a said, still somewhat dumbfounded at this remotely-driven battle suit. He smiled to himself before continuing, making sure to speak at the machine so that Aryian could hear him.

"But fancy tech like this isn't necessary to fight without the Force -- not that this little baby doesn't have a use, mind you. In fact, something like this is just the kind of thing to catch an unsuspecting Imperial detachment off-guard, though I doubt it would work against a Sith warrior, or even a pair of skilled bounty-hunters. I think, though, that it would be a good idea for you and your friends to come to the surface yourselves. Your botsuit may follow me, but I would prefer if he didn't. There's something I have to take care of here first, and I'll meet you back here when I do."

With a salute of his vibroblade, Ben'a turned about and walked deeper into the labrythine system of caverns, illuminating the path ahead with a small, but powerful, handheld torch. He continued to follow the very faint Force-trace that had been left here, hoping soon to find out exactly who had left it, and hopefully what exactly they had been doing here. Moving ahead at a steady run, Ben'a continued to delve deeper into the cave. After about two hours of this, the cave began to expand rapidly, and strange formations began to appear in the rock walls, almost like cocoons --

A sudden, high-pitched scream, not unlike the roar of a big cat, pierced the darkness. Before Ben'a could turn to find the source of the noise, a large male vornskr was bearing down on him, leaping into the air as it neared the Jedi. Reacting with the skills in martial arts he had learned before joining the Jedi Order, Ben'a had his blade out quickly. As the beast bore down upon him, the Jedi sunk the vibroblade deep into the creature's abdomen. But it wasn't dead yet, and before he could roll away to extract his blaster rifle, the vornskr clawed across his face, leaving a deep slash across Ben'a's left cheek and forehead. In another instant, the blaster was out, and the creature rolled over, dead, with a smoking hole in its forhead. The torch had never left Ben'a's hand.

But as he rose to regain his composure, and to try to heal the nasty cut he had, an overwhelming vision overtook him. Dozens of creatures, very similar to the vornskr that had attacked him but corrupted beyond comprehension, were baying loudly and hungrily, and strained at leashes held by unrecognizable creatures clad in armor that resembled shellfish. Several of these creatures were let loose, and scampered, howling madly, into the direction that Ben'a had just come from.

The vision abruptly changed. Replacing it was a part of the cave that Ben'a had already visited, not far away. A Jedi, violet-bladed lightsaber in hand, was standing his ground in the face of these corrupted vornskrs. But there were too many of them, and though he fought valiantly, the Jedi was overwhelmed and killed, his body being ripped apart as food.

Again, the vision changed, this time to the giant forests of what could only be Kashyyyk. A gathering of Wookiees and humans, no doubt celebrating a festival of some kind, were speaking in glorious terms about someone, though he couldn't tell who. A small group of humans then broke away from the crowd, and began to speak to themselves about another person. And then, recognition dawned on him -- he knew these people -- but only from pictures, histories, and meetings in the Force! One of them activated a violet-bladed lightsaber, and drove it into the tree before them, a tree that bore the carved visage of a very well-known Wookiee.

When he realized that he must track and acquire this lightsaber, Ben'a's vision faded as abruptly as it had begun. Turning about, the Jedi knew that he had no more purpose here other then the one he had told his friends, and so he set about to rejoin them in the top tier of the cavern.

((OOC I needed to RP a vornskr for this to work, my apologies if I stepped on any toes.))

goodwoodsig.jpg

The enhanced listening on the suit allowed Aryian to pick up on Ben'a's lightsaber igniting, which meant he was in trouble...but he could take care of himself...

He decided to not pursue Ben'a into the cave. It was his wishes, after all. He was rewarded a few minutes later when the infra-red pickup showed he was returning. As he came into sight, he spoke to him, the voice on the other end sounding a bit strange...

"Did you find what you were looking for? Holy cow!"

Aryian saw on the normal readout that Ben'a was gouged on the face, something that was way out of the ordinary.

"Listen, there's an emergency vial of tranquilizer in the right arm ammo section, behind two of the extra power packs. Use it to numb the pain, I'll be down in a sec..."

Aryian pulled off the headlink, severing the connection with the Robosuit, causing it to shut down on the surface of the planet. Aryian rushed to the controls, maneuvering his ship in a rush landing pattern.

Hang on...

Blz1mwg.png

The emergancy Jedi starfighter exited Hyperspace. Jurha and Zeb were on this craft and both seemed uncomfortable to have to sit for hours. Zeb was thinking about the things that he could not yet do, but knew the time would come that he could learn.

He saw Aryians ship in orbit and pointed it out to Jurha. "I think we should contact him"

OOC((OSU vs Michigan! They are tied! GO BUCKS!!!))

What hurts more: A sword in the gut, Or a knife in the back?

"Alright," Jurha said flipping openning a channel with their master's ship. "Aryian, it's us. We're in orbit where do you want us to go?"

Jurha reached out with the Force a felt a disturbance planet side, but had no idea what.

jurhasiggy.bmp

God, if you're listening, smite this thread.

((Apologies for not posting...home compy futzing out on me...))

Aryian slapped the comm switch as soon as the message ended.

"Good, you guys are here. Track my landing sequence, and try to get as close as possible. If we're lucky, we'll find a clearing near Ben'a. And ready your medkits, Ben'a may need help."

Aryian flipped the comm off, gripping the thrust controls and direction yoke. The Blur lived true to it's name, screaming down to the planet's surface trying to find a decent place to land. Aryian found a small clearing within minutes, about five hundred feet from Ben'a. He landed a little to the side, so as to give the other ship berth, but even then it would be a tight squeeze.

Grabbing his only medpack he kept aboard the ship, he popped the door controls to the outer hull, rushing down the landing ramp. Aryian started running towards Ben'a, already making out a figure near a rock formation. He called out, knowing he was heard.

"When will you stop getting in trouble, Ben'a? And why did you have to pick this place? I hate the creepy coldness here...and I can't even heal you properly. C'mere..."

Aryian finally reached him, and had a hypospray out and on the scratches before he could even protest.

"There, that's a little better. 'Your botsuit may follow me, but I would prefer if he didn't.' Next time we come here, I'm not listening to you, unless you're a full Master and I'm not. Well...even then..."

Finished, Aryian stood back, looking over the gash on the forehead.

"Is that allright? No stinging sensations?"

Blz1mwg.png

((Yeah, I was gone this weekend, too. And I don't have a lightsaber on me at this time.))

Ben'a didn't really feel like contridicting his friend Aryian. The wound the vornskyr had given him wasn't that serious, but he accepted the healing agents regardless. Though the thought of having a battle-scar appealed to his somewhat unique sense of humor, Ben'a knew that Jedi weren't feared for the scars they recieved, but rather for the scars that they could give. That alone ticked his funny bone somewhat. Aryian seemed to catch the smile, and the two burst out laughing.

"No, it wasn't my intention to go looking for scars," Ben'a said knowingly. He half-wanted to tell him what he had seen in the cavern, but some other part of him made him feel like this was best kept to himself. He had never been to Kashyyyk, and it was something he wanted to experiance alone. There was work to be done in the meantime, and so Ben'a cleaned the vornskyr blook from his sword. Following Aryian back to his ship, he watched as the other two starfighters landed.

"Now that your friends have joined us, we should get to business. Each of you has a vibroblade, right?"

As he waits for a reply, Ben'a sends out a quick comm.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Jurha followed Aryian's Blur to the surface and found some way to squeeze the fighter into the clearing. One of wings knocked into a tree branch and Jurha whinced.

She popped the hatch and leaned out to see the two Jedi. Ben'a looked safe now and Aryian was standing beside him weilding a medkit.

"Hmph, I guess we missed out," Jurha said sliding down the starfighter to the ground. "If you don't mind, what are we doing here?"

jurhasiggy.bmp

"We're learning how to fight without the Force," Ben'a explained to Jurha, matter-of-factly.

Without another word, he drew his weapons, making a quiet swishing noise, and before either of the two beings before him could react, the Jedi Knight's vibroblade was a hair's breath from Aryian's throat, and the muzzle of the blaster rifle was in Jurha's ear. It was an interesting display, seeing the half-Twi'lek standing, spread-eagled, with weapons ready to kill at the blowing of a breeze. With a shrug, Ben'a brought the weapons down and dropped them on the ground, where they landed with a soft fwump in the grass.

"Bounty-hunters, Imperials, and just about anyone with the proper motivation can train themselves to pull stunts like this," Ben'a began, to the bewildered stares of Aryian, Zeb, and Jurha. "Before I joined the Order, I too trained in the martial arts. The people most interested in the death of a Jedi Knight are not necessarily Force Users themselves, and as such, they will take great pains to neutralize what they see as our only advantage over them. That's why the world of Myrkr has proved so popular as of late -- cowards like SEED, the Empire, and gangsters of all stripe will come here to harvest what they see as their great equalizer against us. But if you train hard enough, that advantage can be rendered moot.

"Take out your vibroblades, everyone..."

Once the three are ready with their weapons, Ben'a begins to lead them in several rounds of exercises, first with the vibroblades. He makes sure that they don't fall into bad habits, like using lightsaber-style techniques; the two are incompatable. He shows them the thrust, the parry, the dodge, the spin, and the slash, from all sides, and from all positions, with either hand. The hours pass amid continued activity, the four steadily improving their efficiency with their melee weapons.

----------------------------

In the space above Myrkr, a small, yet powerfully-built starship winks into existance. Following a preprogrammed route, the vessel glides into the atmosphere, and begins the automated landing cycle. As it sets down in an empty part of the clearing that the Jedi are all gathered in, the engines kick up a powerful wind, momentarily interrupting the training exercises.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Aryian looked up, noting a ship landing in a clearing nearby (The one we were in was full, remember?)

"Friend of yours? You know, I really don't think I'm all that suited for this...I mean, I'm good with a saber, but my speciality is computers, remember? With the force it would be rather easy, but without it...besides, I know I'm still a good shot with a blaster..."

Mildly frustrated that he wasn't picking it up all that well, he hacked away at a nearby bush, scaring a small family of rodents from their den.

"Whoops...umm..." Aryian picks up the broken part of the bush up, lying it back on it half-kiltered. "There ya are, lil' buddy, hope that works for you..."

Almost grimacing Aryian returns to the group, and begins practicing again.

"Hey, you think we could go Vornskyr hunting? I think it'd be a good workout for the robosuit. Besides, I could teach you how to use it..." His voice trailed off again with a slight bit of mischeviousness, as he was waiting for the ship to open up. Odd. He was almost always mischevious when he was around Ben'a. Probably because the Jedi just didn't know how to have fun...good fun...

Blz1mwg.png

The ship, a familiar sight to Ben'a Solo, opened its loading ramp, and the Jedi Knight, beckoning for his comrades to follow him, entered. It was, once again, time to eat, and Ben'a was eager to use the Millennium Skyray's small galley to its full extent.

"Come aboard, Aryian," he called down the ramp lightly, "she won't bite you!"

Before his old friend could respond, he ducked back into the galley. While gathering ingrediants, he mulls over what to prepare, finally settling on a native Corellian dish. After about thirty minutes of steady chopping, slicing, grilling, steaming, and arranging, a hearty dinner for four was ready, and with a wave of a plate, he sent the aroma of the meal down the ramp and out into the clearing where his companions stood. And for his friend, Ben'a clutched a surprise.

As he entered the main compartment, a slightly overripe tomato went sailing into Aryian's face, covering him in the vegetable's guts.

goodwoodsig.jpg

"Hey! Not cool!"

Aryian grinned wide as he went to the ship's refresher to go clean off. He returned shortly, admiring the inside of the ship. So this is your ship, huh? Looks pretty on the outside, but I'll bet she's crap where it counts..."

Ben'a knew he was kidding, and also knew he was talking about the computer systems. Aryian absent-mindedly scratched his arm, burning with the desire to reprogram the subroutines in the ship. Perhaps another time, when Ben'a wasn't watching...nah, he wouldn't do that, Ben'a was a friend. He wouldn't want the automatic exterior cleaning system to come on when he engaged the hyperdrive...

Blz1mwg.png

Ben'a knew that sly look all too well. Aryian was no doubt planning to get even for the tomato to the face, and if he knew his old friend, it would have something to do with the computer systems. Before he spoke to him, though, Ben'a ate his share of the meal he had made. He was beginning to enjoy this cooking lark.

"Well, if you want to mess around with the computers, you can see what improvements can be made to the ship's systems. But I doubt there are any you could make -- this ship was designed and built by the best there is." And Ben'a proceeded to relay exactly what the manta ray-shaped vessel contained. "Which reminds me, I need to hook up the implant..."

Bidding his three companions to make themselves at home, the Jedi Knight moved off to one of the Millennium Skyray's rather small berths. It would, however, serve his needs, and as he fell under the influence of the self-administered knockout drug, he thought of what might come next for him. Though he was determined to complete what he had come to this world to do, he didn't like being disconnected from the Force for this long. A gnawing sensation in the back of his mind told him that he was missing something vitally important, but he didn't have any idea what that might be.

The operation, performed by a small medical droid that had come with the ship, was over within an hour; not only had the cybernetic control implant been installed, but a select portion of Ben'a's own tissue had been extracted as well. Though he would need to leave Myrkr to activate it, the system for which this tissue was for would prove useful in the future, he was sure. After wiping the sleep from his eyes, he rejoined the group, assembled in the main passenger compartment.

"I wouldn't mind trying out that robot suit, Aryian," he said upon entering. "You should think about fitting it with some appendages for hacking into computers, too -- like an astromech droid -- something to think about..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Zeb climbed out of the starfighter on the opposite side. The child listened to Ben'a talk and silently pulled a blaster on his back when he put the blade to Aryians neck and the blaster to Jurha's head. Zeb was worried for an instant that this man would kill his friends, but when he did not Zeb simply holstered the weapon.

Zeb gave Jurha her blasters and lightsabers. Zeb took out his vibrosword and vibro-jitte. He strapped both of them on and seemed familiar with their weight. The child was used to fighting without the Force, so he felt he could just as easily teach as Ben'a. He decided that it did not matter though, and began to go through the exercises that Ben'a showed them. Zeb performed these manuvers expertly, having been in a great many fights in his short life.

The Zabrak was growing board with these manuvers, though his muscles did not ache from the exercise like he suspected Jurha's did. He could barely keep himself from yawning when they were done. He felt that exercises like those were boring and would not prepare them for real combat.

Zeb followed Ben'a into his ship, the child was suprized by the elegance that the ship possessed, and how roomy it was compared to Aryians ship. He ate his food in silence, thinking about fighting Jurha one-on-one.

The young Zabrak drew the attention of Ben'a as he boarded the Millennium Skyray; the young man had done very well with the exercises he had put them through. But there seemed to be a palpable aura of boredom about him; something needed to be done about this, or Zeb could end up doing something rather rash. After mulling over what he could do for him, Ben'a approached Zeb, and sat down opposite him as he finished eating. His voice was that of sincere curiosity as he spoke.

"I wonder, Zeb, if you could tell me a little about yourself. You handle a blade very well for one so young; I would be interested to know where you learned..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

The child took a deep breath, he did not want to talk about his past but saw no harm in it. He looked across the table to Ben'a, a small amount of saddness entering him like a spy entering a castle. Zeb allowed the emotion to wash over him, he felt that this was natural and that as long as he did not nurse the emotion or ignore it then it would take ahold of him.

Zeb decided to keep it breif, "I grew up in the lower city of Coruscant... you learn a lot of things there."

Ben'a could relate to what Zeb was saying. With his keen eye and mind, he could sense the flicker of remorse coming over the young man, and Ben'a understood somewhat why.

"Indeed, one can learn much in the bowels of Coruscant," Ben'a began. speaking this time as a mentor. "Some of my training was in the Lower City, in fact; I learned to deflect blaster bolts with a lightsaber while facing down a squad of swoop gang members, firing their weapons at me while riding their machines. I've been there, and I understand what a life in that environment can do to a person."

Ben'a paused for a moment, looking about to see what the others were doing. Neither Aryian nor Jurha were visible, however, so he refocused his attention on Zeb.

"You're no longer in the Lower City, though. You are capable of so much more. Life is more then a series of combats; you would do well to learn this."

goodwoodsig.jpg

((Sorry for taking so long.))

Jurha found a quite nook in Ben'a's ship to rest up in after the exhausting exersises and filling meal. In one arm she cradled her bastler rifle and in her other a datapad reading from one of her book chips.

Jurha sighed and lowered the datapad. She decided she hated Myrkr and the fact being here had cut her off from the Force. All of her habitual behaviors of devouring the information of her enviornment with the Force were hampered and Jurha was starting to feel anxious with out it. The world was a sterile and boring place with out the Force for Jurha. Ben'a's ship no doubt had interesting stories to tell her, but only if she had the Force could she ask.

Jurha decided to check up on the current events and news she had downloaded to her datapad before landed on Myrkr. Her eyes widdened as she read the news.

"Aryian!!" she dashed to find her master. She skidded to a halt infront of him.

"Aryian," she panted out of breath, "Something happened on Borleais," she said softly showing him her datapad.

((I edited my post. It's a lot better than my other one.))

jurhasiggy.bmp

Zeb looked suprized that Ben'a had been that low on Coruscant. He was not suprized by gang's reaction to someone unfamiliar on their turf. He shook his head slowly, thinking that Ben'a spoke with contempt about the swoop gangs. "I was in a swoop gang, a leader of one in fact. It is not suprizing that they attacked you if you were not supposed to be there."

Zeb did not know why he just told the Knight that he was a gang leader, but did not think that it would matter now. Zeb allowed the memories of his father to sweep through his mind. "My father... he was a fighter. He brought what little money he could to pay the rent by joining into organized fights. He always wanted me to join the Jedi... and taught me much about fighting with a jitte. He saved for months to buy me a high quality vibro-jitte." He held back tears that were welling in his eyes. "He... was murdered, I joined the Jedi as a testiment to him."

The Jedi Knight listened intently to what Zeb was saying. It surprised Ben'a somewhat to hear that the young man before him had lead a swoop gang, but it was explained somewhat when he spoke fondly of his father. Ben'a knew all too well what it was like to bear a legacy; and he therefore grew more appreciative of the young Zabrak's situation, and how he felt. He chose to elaborate on the training experiance.

"It was actually my Master, Keiran Valoria, who started the fight. He is a big supporter of 'hands-on training', and the lesson that followed was effective, to say the least." He paused again, to let this tidbit of information to sink in.

"It isn't easy to let go of the past, my friend. Nor is it easy to express your emotions without hinderance; most are content to keep them hidden. Whatever sadness you are feeling now, will pass in time, and you will become stronger for it, and your father will live on in your heart and mind" --

He was interrupted by Jurha's shouting for Aryian. With a glance to Zeb that beckoned him to follow, he strode over to the Padawan.

"What has happened," he asked simply.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Zeb got up moments after Ben'a left the table, needing the time to collect himself. The young zabrak quickly caught up with the Jedi, wanting to know what had Jurha so upset. He saw the datapad and waited for her to explain... He was worried they would hand the pad to him and find out that he was illiterate.

((All this stuff is coming off the Holonet.))

"The Jedi Dojo was attacked," Jurha said, "Jedi died... and so did innocents..." her voice trembled and trailed off.

"The guy in charge of SEED made some statement about killing criminal Jedi priests or something there was a public message from BC. He was showing images of what was happening on Borleais and pleading for help."

Jurha gave her datapad to the two Jedi masters. "We have to go help them on Borleais. Zeb and I were just there, all those people."

Aryian and Ben'a handed Jurha back her datapad as they discussed what she had shown them. Jurha looked back at the screen to watch the stories again when she realized she had just recieved a new one. Surprising that it should have made it to her tiny little datapad despite all this interference. Maybe the Skyray had some advanced communications equipment.

As Jurha watched the new story her brilliant green eyes grew wide and her mouth formed into a perfectly little O. This was a great stroke of luck. Lucky than all belief. It was perfect.

"Guys!!!" Jurha hissed thrusting the datapad back into her companions faces. "This is perfect. We have to find BLCKCLONE!! Geki is having some party at his place. Invitation only, but if we can get in, we can get SEED back for this! I've got a plan..." Jurha realized despite all her ethusiasm she was still only a fresh faced fifteen year old Jedi appretice, "Well sorta a plan. Someone else can probably come up with a better one, but you have to get me to BC!! We're Jedi and Borleais is where we have to be!!" She cried breathlessly.

jurhasiggy.bmp

With a sideways glance at Jurha, Ben'a turned over in his mind what he had seen in the apprentice's datapad. He had been in the bowels of Sanity's End himself, and though he knew that the threat from SEED must be confronted and destroyed, he worried that his companions might not truly appreciate what they were saying. A Jedi did not do anything to "get back at" someone; violent action was to be a last resort.

"Eventually, my friend, we will go to that place of unbridled evil," he said to Jurha, putting a hand on her shoulder to settle her down. "But we must not rush into battle without proper support." Ben'a then turned to face all three of his companions. "Indeed, Jurha is right, we must see Master Gantoris at once; I myself have things of grave importance to tell him. Get to your ships and send them back home with their autopilot functions. We'll all take the Skyray, its safer that way."

Without another word, Ben'a exited the ship, and sprinted off to the Delta-7 that he had taken to Myrkr. With a warble of greetings, the R4 unit acknowledged the Jedi Knight's approach, but he ignored the droid in his haste to get the fighter airborne. After several deft entries into the snubfighter's navicom unit, and a few words to the astromech, he dismounted, and began to return to his own ship. Somewhat stiffly, the Delta-7 rose from the clearing, sweeping into the cloudy night sky and disappearing from view.

As he waited for the others to send their own ships home, Ben'a sat down in the pilot's chair of the Millennium Skyray, and began entering commands into the vessel's computer.

goodwoodsig.jpg

Jurha dashed outside to the humble little starfighter she and Zeb had arrived on Myrkr in. She double checked the ship for any of their left behind possessions before setting in autopilot for Haruun Kal. She set in a five minute delay in case something should happen with in that short amount of time.

She slowly walked back to the Skyray thinking about what she had proposed. Well, with out doubt that had been a momment of passion for her, which was probably against all Jedi ethics. But what was the point of being a servant of the light if you couldn't protect those you had sworn to protect!! That was why Jurha wanted to become a Jedi against the wishes of her family. She would save those who suffered and she would protect those who could not protect them selves. No matter what the cost was to her.

Jurha fingered at the lightsaber crystal around her neck for reasurance. It was silent to her. Damn this planet. This stupid dead zone devoid of the Force. Cut her off from her life blood.

"It doesn't matter," Jurha said to her self, "I know I'm right. I will bring justice to this galaxy if I have to do it by my self."

She sighed and walked up the ramp of the Sakray. She walked into the cockpit and plopped into the naviagtor's chair. She looked over at Ben'a.

"Sooooooo... What kind of place is this Sanity's End?" Jurha asked trying to sound casual. She crossed her arms to boost her confidence by trying to look tougher. "I probably don't want to know, but tell me any way."

jurhasiggy.bmp

He had become so absorbed in what he was doing with the Skyray's computer, that Jurha's question startled him. Trying, and failing, to quickly regain his composure, he offered her a wan smile. He didn't much feel like talking about what little he had seen of that horrible place, but he acknowledged that it was necessary.

"I didn't see much of it, to be honest," he began, his voice sullen and serious. "Long corridors, chambers of every kind -- basically, its your standard prison instillation, with special amenities for special guests..." The joke was a weak one, and he knew it.

"It seems that the only purpose of SEED is to torture, maim, and kill. But their Govenor Geki seems to posess a singular hatred for Jedi. While I was attempting to rescue the Death Strikers from Coruscant, I managed to cross their path; after killing Geki as he tried to kill me to get to them, his thugs captured me and dragged me off to Sanity's End."

There was something else that he wanted to tell her, but it would do more harm then good. This was to be for a select pair of ears only.

"We really must be going," Ben'a finished, ending the conversation as he began to run a systems check before closing up the Skyray and firing up the engines.

goodwoodsig.jpg