Myrkr

Tarrian Skywalker

Conner listened as closely as possible to his master. Studying the stance for Ataru and getting in the same stance. Holding his blade ready he was listening and watching the different ways to swing the blade in defense and in offense. "So the exercise of knowing when to use the force or when your abusing the force comes into play here, with Ataru." He made as much mental notes as he could.

Looking back on the training exercise he went through on Gala before meeting his master he remembered seeing a Jedi using acrobatics moves. And another twirl through the air using a very complicated series of strikes and blows. Conner nodded to his master as he took everything his master just taught him. "I'm ready master" he said in a strong firm voice.

Kitt nodded at some of the remarks that his padawan made, knowing that he had studied well. Kitt was also amazed at the amount of learning he had done in such a small time. Conner was well on his way to becoming a great Jedi. Kitt pulled out a holocron and activated it to show Conner the different stances.

"Shii-cho has the basic stances that are used for all forms. Basic Neutral, Neutral Forward, Offensive Neutral, Offensive Forward, Offensive Back, Defensive Neutral, Defensive Back, and Defensive forward."

The holocron showed Kitt's apprentice each stance.

"Over all, it's simple, and its simplicity is its strength. There is not much to learn or to add on to it. However, all other forms are based off it, so you will find that all forms are connected through Shii-cho."

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

Conner studied the holocron and copied the different fighting stances and listened to his master. He raised his blade the same time the holocron did. "So every fighting style is a branch off of Shii-Cho?" He stood up as the holocron disappeared and looked at his master with a smile. "That sounds easy to remember"

He stood their and went over the holocron in his mind once again, the different stances and different strikes and posses. "I'm ready to move on if you are master" he said confident and brought his lightsaber back up to a defensive stance that the holocron showed him.

Kitt shook his head.

"No, there is no more to be learned on this planet. You have already conquered what was needed. From here, we must head for a planet of your choosing."

Kitt didn't bother to tell his apprentice what they would be doing on the next planet, all the mattered was that he choose a planet.

"Any planet in the galaxy? Master there are thousands of known planets...." Conner watched his master looking for a hint of the planet he should chose. Not seeing any sign or hint on his master's face, he thought for a while.

"Endor, There's a lot of living organisms on Endor, figure the force connection would be stronger and I'm sure there's a lot I could learn from their."

Searching his masters face he waited for a response as he stood their with his lightsaber in hand.

The two vornskrs that Jacen had requested had been captured, and were in the cages. Agent Barker, a human female, took one of the two small shuttles provided to the team and exited Myrkr's atmoshere. She pulled the lever on the control board, blasting off towards Dubrillion.

-------------------------------------------------------

((This is so I don't alias stack on Dubrillion))

The ship came out of hyperspace and Barker sent a comm down the surface, informing Jacen that she had his shipment. She landed in the hangar bay and gave him the two animals, still in there cages.

pJzctEZ.png

"Alright. Get the ship ready and lets go."

Kitt motioned for Conner to lead the way. Kitt carefully placed his lightssaber hilt on his belt. He made sure that Conner did the same.

"I'm going to rest until we get there. Spend that time wisely."

Conner bowed to his master as he started to pack everything back into his ship, leading his master back inside Conner went straight for the cock pit and started to power the ship up. Leaving Myrkr's system. Setting the course for Endor he looked back at his master who was in a deep meditation, turning back to the control's, he lifted the ship out of Myrkr's atmosphere and into space. Activating the Hyper drive his ship launched for Endor.

Stepping away from the control panel, he sat down away from his master and started to practice moving several things with the force at one time. Not disturbing his master he quickly got bored and placed everything back and started to meditate.

• 2 weeks later...

((OOC: Edited on request.))

Kakuto looked distainfully at the now plentiful supply of droids. His hammer cocked in read position, he began to seek the party that was opposing his actions with a strong sense of irritation. The force told him that he was below his feet, now heading toward the point he had entered the ship in the first place.

He needs to learn when to quit...

He groaned as noticed the light from the nearby viewport change from the blue and white of hyperspace to the golden color of Myrkr. He had changed the course back, putting Kakuto back on the clock to finish this fight. He sent a Comm to Dagon through his Cybernetic implant, preparing to get new gear in case this battle continued longer than he intended. He lowered his hammer, almost appearing that he planned to surrender. Letting the grip of his right hand stray from his weapon, he gestured to the droids.

"I give up."

The Dark Lord's Mastery of lightning began to work in a more subtle way, static charges developing inside the droid's computers, then bursting from the inside out. One by one the droids deactivated, falling lifeless into big metal piles. He had his lightsaber ready, and a simple two steps to the left would have removed line of sight from the equation if the blasters lit up. However, in most appearances of the old trade federation droids, when you said you'd surrender they would allow you--provided you stopped attacking them. How he was manipulating them, the simple droid logic would be unable to connect him to the system failure.

Kakuto Ryu walked toward the view port, slowly working his force signature out of the realm of force sight. His hammer plowed through the transparasteel view port in the front of the bridge, shooting him out in to the vacuum of space. His environmentally contained suit kept him protected as he was sucked outward, deploying the hookshot in his mechanical arm to catch the hull and swing himself back toward the opening he had come in at. He could sense Rihn moving in that direction, and he thought of no better way to catch him than to make Rihn come straight to him. He charged through the way he had first came, changing his path ever so slightly.

He began to pump his arm in the conductor's motion, yelling insanely. He was sure that Rihn would hear the echo through the through the force, as his voice had a way of penetrating minds.

"Get ready for the Pain, woman! The Pain train's a'comin! WOO WOO! WOO WOO!"

As Rihn began to pass a door he was surprised to find Kakuto charge through, his mechanical hand appearing just in time to clothes line the Hutt Agent. The Dark Lord howled again as the man was leveled, putting his boot on the chest of his slippery adversary.

"It'll take more than some crappy 250 year old robots to stop the K-man! WOOOOOOO!"

Kakuto raised his hammer up into the air, lining up his striking arc with his pinned foe...

krstorm.gif.a46e550419daa19d41d206a1706d1044.gif

On his way to Ryu's original entry point, Rihn stopped at the armory. Grabbing a blaster pistol and a vibroblade, Rihn quickly pulled on an envirosuit and backpack as he headed out the exit. It was an unfortunate delay, but it was necessary. He only hoped it hadn't bought Ryu some time to catch him.

Running full speed, Rihn knew that his destination was just down the corner. However, he suddenly found himself out of breath and on the ground. Without a moment more to think, the sith's foot was locked against Rihn's chest to prevent him from moving. However, by this time the initial shock had worn off and Rihn found himself smirking.

As the weapon rose above his head for the kill, Rihn shook his head, "I don't think you want to do that, big man. While I was rerouting this ship I took the liberty to do two things. First, I entered the last bit of coding to initiate the self destruct sequence and, next, I sent out a message to my droids. While you were busy fighting my droids and searching for me, my engineer battle droids were busy lining your vessel with explosives. If you kill me now you aren't escaping the way you arrived."

Rihn laughed, "Sure, you might be able to vacate the ship. Float around in space for a few years or land on the planet for all I care. Either way, you're stranded if you kill me. The second you try to tamper with those explosives on your ship, this whole half of my corvette goes up in flames and you can't stop the Crusader's self destruct sequence without my voice recognition and authorization codes."

Rihn sighs, "I didn't come into this expecting to defeat you in battle. I had hoped to maybe see the chance after we broke Myrkr's atmosphere but as soon as I saw what you did to my bridge crew I knew that I probably wouldn't have enough time. If you want to take your chances planetside, kill me now because that's all you're going to be able to do at best."

Rihn suddenly grinned wildly, "However, if you would like to bring a new era of power and stability to the galaxy with you on the top, join me. Look what I've done without you. I have more than proven my capabilities with my devastation of the Imperial forces thus far. I have defeated 'my masters' and taken their place. Imagine what we could do together. Join me and together, we can bring in a new world order!"

Jidai Geki said:
Hmm... the possibilities for new atrocities just widened with the advent of a new RP baby...

Kakuto Ryu paused momentarily, relaxing his grip on the hammer. He appeared lost in thought for a moment, seeming to consider Rihn's offer.

"Hmm..." He mumbled, drawing it out for an extended period.

"...No."

With that, Kakuto brought down the hammer onto Rihn's Kneecap, smashing it flat and shooting arcs of lightning through his body from the exposed stump where his leg used to be.

"You see," Kakuto began sweetly, pulling his mask off to let his foe gaze at the progenitor of his demise, "I'm a lot more resourceful than most people give me credit for."

Kakuto lowered himself to squat over his floored foe. With a waggle of his fingers Rihn found his hands suddenly bending backwards a each of the knuckles, stopping finally when every bone he had in his fingers was broken beyond use. He started in on Rihn, his eyes burning with a cool hatred, and his voice matching the tone one would use to scold a child.

"Loki is a very unique ship. In fact, at its core it barely counts as a ship. I believe if was alive first, then was made into a ship. It is my sidekick, my partner in crime. It is in some sense just as alive and aware as you or I. When you said you were having droids put bombs on it, you should have said you merely sent droids to do this, because as I passed it by seconds ago I saw what I assume are the droids you were speaking of, only they were in a charred pile on the floor of the ship. I believe you'll find Loki to be fully operational."

Kakuto Ryu cackled maniacally, reveling misery of his shattered foe. His body was wrecked, his bargaining chip was gone, and most importantly he was certain that his entire faction would soon meet a similar demise. The Sith master thumbed his jawline smugly, lifting his hammer over his shoulder. The Master stood up slowly, shooting a series of small lightning arcs into the door locks adjacent to them--locking them down to prevent escape. Kakuto strolled over casually and demolished the consoles in the room, preventing access to the ships computer.

When Kakuto returned to the broken body of his victim, he prepared to say his final goodbyes, but when he went for words he found instead he projected an arc of his plague infested vomit into Rihn's face. The Sith coughed indignantly, watching as the flesh of Rihn's head began to melt away--diseases of a thousand varieties ravaging what was left of his body in mere seconds from contact, while the acid alone threatened to rip a hole into his brain.

Kakuto waved, as if concluding his farewell, then walked through the last door not to be locked down, and destroyed it from the other side.

Rihn would have nearly a minute to live, in which if he could form a coherent thought between the pain of his injuries and the mind numbing madness that the disease brought to him, he would have no choice but to contemplate his failings, to curse Kakuto's name, or perhaps beg forgiveness before his soul was spirited to hell. Even if he could stop the ship, and prevent his skull from dissolving, the Nurgle Rot would still end him. It was hopeless, just as The Ex-Dark Lord had meant it to end. The self destruction sequence alarm began to count down its final seconds as Kakuto's sterling white mech bulleted away from the scene of his victory.

All at once the end came to Rihn, his barely conscious body rapidly incinerated by the flames of his own exploding ship, while Kakuto Ryu left the scene behind after retrieving the gear that Dagon had sent for him.

Kakuto had a job to finish up.

((OOC: I just wanted to say that your strategy was very clever, but you made a few mechanical errors. If you're going to plant bombs on a ship, you have to post planting the bombs on the ship. Especially if the ship is a semi-sentient mech that would kill anyone but its master. This goes to an overall point, where in a successful trap you can't just use things that are plausible. Even if this was your plan all along, you can't say that the self distruct has been activated without posting somewhere that you activated the self destruct.

I had a number of alternative counters, which included hacking the droids, destroying the ship's power core, Just bailing and having somebody pick me up (Cybercomm FTW), turning Rihn into a zombie and having him reverse everything, ripping the codes out of Rihn's brain and then reanimating a portion of his torso to pass the voice recognition, etc. I chose this one because it seemed most effective and least controversial.

Let me assure you that it would have very likely succeeded against a lesser player, and that when you made your post I was very excited to calculate my counter. But let me warn you that there were things I could have definately gotten a successful moderation against, but chose not to for the sake of the fun and to be friendly. I hope to RP with you again some time, maybe once where you don't end up thrice dead as a result. ))

krstorm.gif.a46e550419daa19d41d206a1706d1044.gif

((ah...but I actually did post the self destruct... just very craftly as I alluded to it in my last post in the space thread. Being that it's outside your range of knowledge I often hint to things and later elaborate on them being that I really hate when people use OOC knowledge against me. If you'll notice, before leaving the console room I put into a last bit of coding and sent a message. As I suggested in the last post, the message was to my droids and the coding was the self destruct. Being that you would have knowledge of neither... I think it's far to explain the action as such rather than go into lengthy detail of OOC knowledge that you could use against me. So what you're character wouldn't know... I usually hint to but don't tell you. As much as we might say different, OOC knowledge does effect decisions, even for purists.))

In Rihn's dying breaths he laughed weakly.

"Goodbye...FOOL!"

His head collapse backwards as the backpack on his back suddenly began beeping wildly. And then it happen.

From the depths of space, an explosion lit up the stars like a second sun. Rihn has always hoped to die in a blaze of glory, but this wasn't quite what he had in mind. Of course, Rihn was already suppose to be dead. He died as a martyr on Nar Shaadda. The only difference was, this time it was for real.

((One of these days we will have to meet in a duel, Ryu. That should be quite facination. Nevertheless, congratuations on finally stopping Rihn. All things considered, it was an honor that one of the most powerful characters in the RP had to stop me. As for seeing him again... I doubt it. He was a permakill... but a fun character nonetheless. I rarely get the chance to play a character as crafty, cocky, or devious as Rihn. It's been a fun journey. Thanks everyone that's been a part of it. Goodnight. ))

Jidai Geki said:
Hmm... the possibilities for new atrocities just widened with the advent of a new RP baby...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A pack of the planet's native predator, the Vornskr, watched the Black Sun forces as they went about collecting the Ysalimari. They worked in a pack, this particular one having seven of the creatures with one obvious alpha. He was a hulking beast, having come from good stock. Scars adorned his body and patches of the animals ”˜coat' were missing.

Several of the operatives had moved off alone; the animals targeted them and began stalking after their prey. It was a group of two, trying to pull one of the slug like creatures off a tree. With a subtle signal that the creatures used when hunting, two of them knew it was their time. They came out of the brush, pulling the attention of the group as two more came from behind. Their tails whipped outwards, stinging at the men and bringing them down. They were stunned; the Vornskr's ripped their flesh from their bodies as they screamed in agony.

One was dragged away and the other left alive, but only just barely. He would be dead within the hour if left to die by his comrades. The animals disappeared into the brush again; their trap set and in case it failed, they still had the carcass of the other man.

Vornskrs.png

In the frozen depths of space, just outside the orbit of the dense jungle-planet Myrkr a nondescript craft appears. No one at the helm... and the life-sign was hardly one worth mentioning... at least not anymore. For a brief moment a little, unconscious chirp in the Force trickled, and quickly... the planet's bubble enveloped it. The small craft continue to enter a strong decaying orbit, so sudden, only the strictest eyes would even have noticed.

The quick thud of metal careening through foliage alerted a few of the more fearful creatures on the planet's surface, but the predators would only wonder what had just fallen in their lap.

A worthwhile lesson for those young and old, seat-belts save lives...the body within the craft was hurtled out of it, still quite dazed, and relatively devoid of life. It would not be long before the stench of blood awakened the insatiable appetites of the carnivores that abounded on Myrkr's uninhabitable regions...

------------------------------------------------------------------

The body had lain lifeless for a few mere moments before it was devoured. Only evidence of a once-living being was a metal brain-case. There were no weapons, no dignifying robes, not even a scrap of evidence that would identify the vagabond; it was as if, he had planned this trip to make this world his tomb. And so it had become...

------------------------------------------------------------------

As fate tends to have it, a lowly technician came across the oddity while taking a leak. Frankly, he had grown tired of his overbearing bosses demanding he plant communication buoys for survey teams harvesting this world's priceless possession, the ysalmiri.

Assuming it was some crazy relic he could pawn off at a later date stuffed the item, about the size of two human fists and marked only by a few stray dents and what looked liked rust or dried blood...

"Prolly chewed by one of them Vornskyrs or something..."

Like all technicians he noticed the IO connections and attempted to extract information. That was when a blue screen appeared and stalled his progress...

ERROR: OS NOT FOUND!

His computer screen barked at him...

ERROR: OS NOT FOUND!

Yet again...

PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE...

After mulling the debacle over and over again, he accessed the help files, and retrieved a small ReadMe.exe, in plain black-and-white text, it read, use of astromech droid recommended for counterpart access.

Now intrigued, the technician sought out his trusty R7 droid... and despite wasting so much of his company's time, what did he care? Its not like anyone was checking on him...

OS FOUND!

ERROR: PARTITION CORRUPTED!

PLEASE RELOAD...

"Dammit," he cursed loudly, startling creatures away in flight...

After pressing enter, the technician noticed a new splash-screen appear, and instantaneously, the cyber-brain's auto-restore features downloaded themselves and overran the R7's memory core. The technician's screen was instantaneously flooded with flashes and images of surgical procedures, ship schematics, architectural plans for monolithic structures, blueprints and computer algorithms. The last thing to splash on-screen was A Treatise on the affairs of Jedi Wizards and Sith Warlords.

The technician was startled... and quickly shut off his computer, disconnecting the droid instantly.

The large trashcan reeled in a series of beeps that roughly translated, "I can't believe this..."

Heathen Master of the Lords of Hate

KR: I'm like the freakin' Martha Stewart of Chaos.

He was also a Marxist, which is dumb.

A Katarn-Class shuttle approached the ravaged Ysalimari Collection Camp. The battered camp was quickly retooled, and the wounded and under equipped agents quickly offered leave. The replacements, well equipped and sporting the recently acquired section 7 uniform, set up a new camp with automated defense turrets, proximity sensors, and an electric fence. Those set out into the forest were armed with a local thermal scanner, a repeating rifle, and a nutrient cylinder to store a Ysalimari in if they come across one. The shuttles begin a cycle, coming noon every other day to collect the farmed Ysalimari, replenish supplies, and cycle out the agents. They has overestimated Kheldar Vos Correlli's success in hunting the Vornskyrs, but they wouldn't be caught with their pants down again.

Hail Daisaku!

BSO.jpg

The second agent was quickly dragged away when the trap had failed, leaving the animals to feast for the night. Had the Black Sun not picked the spot they had, the boundary line between two packs of the Vornskr's then they would have been left alone, but that wasn't the case of course. The animals quickly learned that the invaders were much better fighters then the ones the first pack had gotten a hold of.

The stalked the agents, using their natural hunting prowess and knowledge of their hunting grounds to keep from being cut down as several of their members had been. Time passed and soon they could see that their time had come. The men were tired, having worked an eleven hour shift so far. The pack of twelve began working on taking down one man at a time and dragging him off.

Vornskrs.png

• 1 month later...

The Unlucky 7 broke off its path as the comm from Aalya comes in. It rockets back up into space and maneuvers towards her Firespray. An-dur asleep at the helm just starts to rise, looking tired and warn. The dull ache in his body sudsiding slightly. He laughs at her question and thinks back on how much money he actually has. To some a small fortune, left to him by his employers and old crew, as well as his biological parents. He smirks devilishly at the comm before he speaks.

--Comm--

"I suppose we do need a clearing now don't we?" He said with obvious sarcasm.

In truth the Comm had awoken him from his sleep.

"Hmm, well, how about a planetary scan? That should find the best clearing, shouldn't it? Though, we need one that is not out in the open nor overtly obvious, something that couldn't be found easily. Think its possible?" He paused as he glanced towards Ichigo.

"Hey...Aalya? What about the Vornskyrs? Do you think they'll attack us? I've heard some nasty stories about them." Once again he glances towards Ichigo, this time to see his friends reaction.

"Yeah, you could say I have money for this, of course I ask you the same question; do you? Because I ain't goin' broke here makin' our base." For some reason his speech had suddenly gone to its simplest roots something even An-dur was caught off guard by. Though, he suspected it was because Aalya had just woken him up.

Before he continued, he took the time to collect himself. for the first time he began to notice that he felt different, almost drained. Which, couldn't be right since he had just woken up. He gave a sudden concerned look towards Ichigo before he cleared his throat and continued on.

"Hey, we need people for this, unless we can somehow magically do it ourselves."

--End Comm--

rainbowcat.jpg

Aalya smiled as she responded to the comms.

--Comm--

I'll perform the scan. I do have money to assist in buying things. And all we have to do is hire some people from the city to help us out. Now lets get started.

--End comm--

Aalya began performing the scan on the planet to find a clearing that would work for them.

An-dur gave a smug smile towards his questions she'd chosen to answer. To him it was evident that she was dodging the Vornskyr question, which was fine with him. Since in truth he didn't want to know the answer to that question, nor did he wish to face one--or if the stories held up, packs of them. Slowly and wryly he responded.

--Comm--

"Aye, aye."

"Wake me, when you find the perfect spot."

--End Comm--

An-dur then turned towards his friend, who look to be fairly tired and rough around the edges. With a sidelong glance he got up from his chair and walked to his friend, helped Ichigo up and brought him to his new room. Then, closed the door behind him and he left. ((For OOC reasons Ichigo cannot post for a few days, thus why I have put him to bed within the room. He'll be fine there.)) An-dur took his time in getting back to the cockpit, he was tired, and invigorated by the prospect of having a home, though on a strange planet was an interesting twist.

An-dur stopped in the make-shift kitchen area that had been set up within the main hold. At the center of the main hold sat the Holo table, at which An-dur was seated at as he ate a reconstituted meal, he devoured the food quickly.

Slowly, An-dur began to contemplate the possibility of advertising over the public Holo channels. For now, though, he held off on the idea, thinking it best that they have a location and a plan before he broadcasted and announced his brazen ideas. By now had been formulating in his mischievous head. An-dur thumbed the controls on the table, flipping through the channels, it was then that he caught the looping broadcast by the Empress and her subtle, yet open, threat. The destruction he saw, horrified him to his core. It reminded him of the all too vivid nightmare he'd just experienced and made his blood boil. He turned away from the broadcast and stalked to his chair in the cockpit, sat in it and began to thumb over the scanners as well.

Again he opened the Comm Channel, though this time his voice somber and very much sobered.

--Comm--

"Did you catch the Empire's broadcast?"

The implied question hung in the air. Slowly though as he thought on it, his anger subsided and turned into determination. Determination to make a difference and a positive impact upon the galaxy. He would be someone the common man looked up to, he would be someones role model. Possibly even the legendary Smuggler/Pirate of old, Robin Hood. That thought made him smirk, he had decided what he would do in the span of a few minutes, he would once again become a smuggler. The smirk became a grin and the grin turned into an ear-to-ear smile.

--End Comm--

Slowly, he closed his eyes, upon his beaming smile. He envisioned himself as the reincarnate of Robin Hood, robbing the rich and giving to the poor. Roaming across the galaxy in his grand adventures.

rainbowcat.jpg

Ichigo awoke from the bed feeling a bit nauseous from the whole ordeal of being moved around so much in the past few days. He could not see why An-dur saw him as such an asset, perhaps it was both of their desires to become part of the Jedi, or perhaps it was the inner desire to good for one another. Ichigo wasn't sure what it was, and the more he thought on it, the more he doubted the good solutions, and wallowing on ones which torment the mind and cause him to lament his decision to be at An-dur's side. And what of the Jedi? Did they not usually seek out new more powerful beings nearly the moment they enter the Outer Core? Why had they not come for him? And how about Mara? She was turned and taken by the Sith? Are all the Jedi so weak? If so why would Ichigo wish himself to be one with them?

Ichigo threw his hands into his orange hair and allowed the spiky texture of it to flow between his fingertips as he tried to think of something more logical, something that would solve this conflict of the brain and of the heart. He knew he could not join the Sith, they were the enemy, they were who Ichigo had plotted vengeance against long ago. He would not accept them, he would not become one of them, he would fight them till the day he died. There was no question on his resolve of that, it was already decided. But in his mind, the Jedi were not as logical as they once were. IF not them and not the Sith, then who?

His mind was a pestering thing. Thus, he shut it off for a bit and ventured to the cockpit and saw An-dur there, looking to be in great concentration. Ichigo did not say anything but sat beside him and awaited him to be done.

"Sorry for not being more of a help. Lots of things on the mind, but I am prepared to commit myself to this crew."

An-dur's eyes popped open, hazel pupils gazed upon the transpiratseel window showing the jungle planet in front of them and Aalya's ship slighlty ahead and to the left. Slowly with a still beaming smile, An-dur turned to look upon his friend. He was glad that his friend was doing better now. It was good, too, because An-dur needed someone to bounce ideas off of. At least until Aalya came back with the Planetary scans. So, with a coy smile and eyes that danced with determination and excitement, he spoke to his friend.

An-dur: "He~ey! Don't worry about it, a lot of things happened in the short time we've known each other. I got drunk and from what it appeared so did you. I insulted you--"

He said with a devilish grin, then continued.

An-dur: "--I insulted Geki while trying to protect the older womans honor and life. Boy, that turned out to be fun. Then there was you and your weird paralysis around the former emperor."

He rolled his eyes at the obviously sarcastic statement and carried on.

An-dur: "I had to take a long dip in a Bacta Tank followed by some nip & tuck from a facial reconstructive surgeon. Then I almost died whilst trying to retrieve my weapons. We both were stuck contemplating on a past we cannot change or run from--or at least I assume thats what you were doing for me, it is very true. And finally on to the good stuff!"

His mood was in impeccably high spirit.

An-dur: "Well, we're here. Where our new home will be. ...Eventually, that is."

"So before I tell you my plans, what do you want to know about me? Since we'll be partners and all we should know each other, shouldn't we??"

He said with a small wink, before he broke in a giant tooth bearing smile. He leaned back in his chair, resting his booted legs upon the control console, careful not to kick anything that would send it (their ship) out of its orbit. He then rested his arms across his chest, scratching an invisible itch for a short while, before he thought he should check in with Aalya.

An-dur: "Hey, Ichi--do you mind me calling you that? Hold on a sec, I have to check on something with Aalya."

He didn't necessarily give his friend the time to answer, because with a deft tap by his heel he turned on the Comm.

--Comm--

"Hey, Aalya? How's it going? I'm missing your short answers and the random boot to the chest. You found something good?"

He smirked broadly by his various words that were soaked with sarcasm and a playful mindset.

--End Comm--

Once he clicked off the Comm's mike he turned towards his friend once more.

An-dur: "So...while we wait, got anything to say? Or are you gonna go back into one of your quiet spells. I'm gonna start calling you mute, soon."

He joked. His vision and newfound and temporary goals invigorated and compelled him to be in high spirits. An-dur' grinned broadly to himself as he thought of all the adventure and "fighting against the establishment" he would have. The thought of him failing or even dieing never once crossed his mind.

rainbowcat.jpg

"Firstly, only my mother and sisters called me Ichi. I would prefer it if it would stay in the female gender, unless you're one of those...kind." Ichigo said flicking his wrist in a way to regard homosexuality, "From the way you acted toward Aayla in the cantina, I doubt you are, but if you are...I guess you can."

Ichigo winked and stared out the window at the barren sky, only on the horizon could a forest be seen, but beyond that there was nothing. It was a barren wasteland this planet, perfect for smuggling of course, but there was an eerie sense about it nonetheless.

"Why pick this place for our base of operations? Don't you feel odd here, kind of sickly, like something you had all you life had vanished? I don't understand it but this place makes me feel as if part of me died."

He stared at Ichigo, not blinking for a good time. Not necessarily shocked or stunned but for the effect of seeming to be slow in comprehending what he'd said. Finally he blinked, which started a chain of them in rapid succession. Then his jaw fell open and he stared still, looking stunned and confused. When he felt that he'd had enough fun he spoke, still maintaining the illusion of being slow and in a stupor.

An-dur: "Uh...wha? ...Wait--NO! I AM NOT GAY! I love women. Sheesh, Ichigo it is, or wait...how about mute? ...I kind of like the ring to that. 'Mute.'"

He said with a smug grin that hid the fact of how much fun he was having. Again he spoke, though this time his voice more sober and his expression more somber.

An-dur: "...You have sisters and parents?"

Suddenly he looked away and stared out at the vast nothingness of space, unknown to Ichigo he blinked away a few rogue tears. Hearing this, made him remember his parents his loss and his loneliness. The lack of a childhood he had, having to grow up fast was something he wished against with every fiber in his body. He longed for a family again, to have parents, to feel loved. All the things that had alluded him came flooding back as he stared out the transpirasteel at the day side of the planet.

Finally he was able to beat down the demons that haunted him so. He turned back to Ichigo with only the barest hint of any turmoil across his face, he smiled warmly in an attempt to let his friend know that he was fine. After what must have been a long passage of time he spoke again, still trying to convince Ichigo and himself that he was fine.

An-dur: "Well, to be honest there isn't much of a real reason. Not a definitive one anyway. Basically, because its far from the Empires far reaching gaze (I think), because its so heavily forested it provides natural seclusion and secrecy. And also, because of the Ysalimari, I think there here, aren't they? That'll help battle Sith, won't it? Because not many people come here, the Vornskyr are too vicious I hear...I hope we don't come across them until we're prepared..."

He trailed off as he pondered how to continue and answer. In truth, Ichigo was right, he did feel like something within him had died. Something that was important and meant a great deal to him, had vanished. Disappeared without a trace. But, that was nothing new to him, so it really didn't bother him, to feel something as familiar as that. Finally he spoke again, looking to be extremely sad and determined. Determined not to show weakness in front of anyone, let alone his friend, Ichigo.

An-dur: "Yeah, your right I do feel that. But then again, I feel like that everyday of my life. So its nothing new to me. Loss follows me like a plague haunts a destitute colony, it would seem."

An-dur sighed heavily. Quickly he averted his gaze once more, this time two tears streamed down his face, only two. It was all he was able to produce, An-dur was no longer capable of crying. He'd held that emotion back for so long, fighting back against. Turning his loss to something different, something deadly. That now as he did manage to cry, only two came. He stayed that way, staring out the window, trying vainly to master his emotions and the heavy weight of his loss, that so consumed him.

rainbowcat.jpg

"Yeah, well I had parents, but now it is just my father," Ichigo said looking into the horizon again at the blank sky. Somehow its cloudless appearance made everything easy to take, it was calming, and warming to Ichigo's soul, or perhaps that was the fact they were in a desert and he was still wearing a scarf, either way he felt nicer when trying to pass the pain of his own past even when he could feel in the air that An-dur was also trying to do the same.

"My father and my two younger sisters both live on Fondor, they were all happy, and it seemed that they tried their best to move on with life after the incident. My father was a Doctor, he managed a small clinic on the planet and gave aid to anyone who ventured in need. He is a good man, one many would be happy to have for a father, my two younger sisters, Karin and Yuzu, both are still in their primary school years and continue their lives. I had a good life there, but for me I could not move past, my heart still ached, perhaps it was because I was 5 years older than my siblings and I remembered it more, but I could never subdue my feelings of vengeance.

"My mother was murdered by the Sith. I was 11 years old, and I saw it fully. They had no reason, my mother was carrying home some fruits that had just come in from the Corellian Exotics Corporation, and they just stabbed her, and removed her limb from limb. It was a bloody carnage, and I could always see it in my mind. None of the rest of my family saw this happen, none of them saw her killed but me. Therefore it is my responsibility to enact justice upon them."

Ichigo looked onward, allowing An-dur to digest all of this, so he knew his friends plight, before asking him a question, though may cause similar discussion, had to be done.

"What happened to you?"

An-dur: "...Whoa.."

It was all he was able to muster, the pain of fighting down his past had begun to subside and once again it seemed that he was in control of his feelings and soul. Though for the sake of politeness he didn't interrupt further, he felt the urge to give him at least that bit of respect. Finally Ichigo finished, he was down and his past and scars were laid bare, for all the world to see. An-dur admired him in that moment, the bravery he held to do that, was something he didn't think he owned. Something he'd never felt before. Not even when he was raised by Sato did he open up so completely as Ichigo just did. Slowly and very unsure he spoke. He didn't yet know if he was capable of such emotional strength, but he had to try, right?

An-dur: "...I...I don't know who my parents are. All I have left of them are fleeting memories and dreams. I don't know where I come from, either. Odd isn't it? A Zabrak with no home, no memory of his childhood. Who was trained to be a warrior of great strength since his earliest memories. Who was tattooed across his head, torso and arms in odd markings and such strong coloration that he has yet to find any like him. I am an enigma...to myself and any other Zabrak who I've met since."

He paused and averted his gaze towards his boots, watching them intently as if just by looking at them they would catch on fire.

An-dur: "I don't even know how I got to Taris. Perhaps I was always there, perhaps I stowed away on transport ship, or perhaps someone took pity on a young boy who looks frightening, like something out of your nightmares."

"I was alone on Taris, on a planet who's Human populace hated Aliens with a biased racism that none deserve. I learned to look after myself, I learned how to get what I wanted through pain, how to convince someone in just the right way. And what was worse, was that my warriors training made it so effortlessly easy. It scared me. I had no childhood, all I've known was pain, loss, loneliness and confusion."

"Things weren't so bad, eventually an old mechanic took me in. He was a human named Sato Sora, a genuinely kind man. He looked past my appearance and raised me as if I was his own, loved me for me. Even though he knew next to nothing about my past, except for the things that I screamed in my nightmares."

He attempted to look at Ichigo, attempted to give a warm and calming smile, instead what he gave was an expression mixed with anger and confusion, along with stark determination. Something he was unaware of, but would sure scare his friend. Talking about his deepest scars and wounds made him feel weak and vulnerable. He wanted to stop, oh how badly he wanted it. He couldn't though, it was if a dam burst and his words flowed forth, unheeded.

"He taught me much, about humans, about machines, about feelings. ...I think...that for the first time since I lost my biological parents did I feel like I had one again, did i feel loved and felt like I belonged. With him I wasn't the outcast with a rage problem, with him I wasn't the violent Alien that only confirmed the ignorant human nobles fears, with him I was not Hesi Hualuan--Harmony controls illustrious chaos. With him, I was just me. I wasn't the warrior, the murderer or vagabond, I was a simple child who could be just that. You were lucky. You have something I'll never know. You had a childhood, you had parents that will loved you, you have memories and images of them burned into your mind. Mine? Mine are fleeting, they're disappearing fast, the older I get, the less I remember."

"*Sigh* Eventually though, like all else in my life, Sato died. How and why I don't know. All I do know is that I came home one day after doing an odd job and playing with the few friends I had; I found him dead, blood everywhere and him lying in a pool of it."

He looked away, neither staring out the window, nor at his shoes. No. He closed his eyes and fought back against the images of Sato's death, the fleeting images of his parents and all the harm he's inflicted. He fought against it all and felt like he was slowly being torn asunder. Through closed eyes and much effort, he continued.

An-dur: "I left that day. Taking my Zabrak fathers blade and pistol--the very same weapons I had to fetch. You see those weapons are my last attachment to my past--to my parents and my future. They mean more than my life to me. I found passage on a ship--this ship. Which was then a smuggling craft. There I had friends--aquiantences really. I never opened up enough for them to be my friends. They never shared much with me. While I was accepted, I was not accepted. There I learned to pilot ships learned how to get passed security alarms and locked doors, learned how to conceal my presence and lessen my footsteps. I learned how to strike from the shadow. And I learned the depths of the darkness that is within my soul."

As he said that, he regretted it instantaneously. His fingers on the right hand reflexively twitching.

An-dur: "See...during a smuggling run, the capt. made an error, the Imperial Navy was tipped off and followed us. Shot our ship, killing the power and dragged us in with a tractor beam. I survived because the Capt. threw me in one of the smuggling containers--one that happened to be designed for human cargo. And there I stayed. Within my dark, empty black box I could hear blaster fire, screams and then silence. Imperial Stormtroopers searched the ship, but either by luck or stupidity they never found me. Within that boxed hell I stayed for what I can only guess was 3 weeks with enough food an water to last a little less than that. Eventually the ship was bought by someone and left the Imperial Star Destroyer. When the ship entered hyperspace I arose from my coffin--the reincarnation of death. I then went to work systematically slaughtering and torturing all aboard for what they had done--for robing me of what little happiness I could've had."

"Look, Lets stop here. OK? I'm pretty sure, you didn't want to know that and believe me, I didn't want to tell you."

He said, finally able to open his eyes, his anger, and despair had subsided. He felt like a small weight was lifted from his shoulders and even managed a weak smile.

rainbowcat.jpg

Ichigo was surprised to hear of such darkness within not only An-dur's past, but in An-dur himself. Ichigo could do nothing more than just sit and listen to his friend closely. Though the act An-dur did was one that was despicable, for anyone could have bought that ship from the Empire and usually it is the poor who do because the Empire sells them cheaply to make space on their fleet, Ichigo could not feel any sort of hate for what he did, only sympathy. Perhaps it was their friendship that made such possible, made it so Ichigo could forgive him for such crimes, but in those few moments of silence Ichigo just said nothing but tried to empathize with An-dur. And at last he raised his eyes to meet the Zabrak's.

"Aside from your orphaned childhood I guess we are a lot alike. We have both been witness to slaughter and turmoil, primarily by the hands of the Sith and their Empire. I really am not sure what I would have done in your position An-dur, but if it helped you find the solace you so desired that is good."

Ichigo paused for a moment and looked over the landscape again allowing it to calm his senses. This place would be good for now, but Ichigo didn't like it here, just the gut feeling, that missing piece of himself made him feel uncomfortable here, other than that the place was superb and he hoped that sometime that feeling would fade, or he would understand it.

"So should we begin to set up camp, because I want to get this ship sailing. Sitting around here will get boring eventually."

An-dur could tell by his friends words, by the manner in which he sat, the tone of his voice that he meant well and sincerely believed in what he spoke. The one thing that nagged at An-dur though was that he seemed to forgiving, too quick to cast aside the crimes he'd committed, the injustices he wrought in the name of that same thing, the families he had surely shattered. The fact that his friend could forgive so easily nearly tore him apart inside, like that of the vibroblade Geki had used to tear into An-dur. He couldn't understand it, because he couldn't forgive himself.

An-dur: "I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your words, but I fear they are misplaced. No, killing the Imperial crew that flew this ship and the Stormtroopers as their escorts brought me no peace, no solace. In fact it was quite the opposite, I broke. After I dumped their bodies out of the airlock I snapped and became incapable to feel anything. I think a part of me died when I did that."

"How can anyone atone for crimes like mine? How, when I claim them to be for justice, yet I fear I've perverted that very belief to suit my revenge and confusion? I wish I hadn't. I wish I had fought along side my crew and died with the honor of a warrior and not live with the shame of a murderer. But, you can't change the past. You can only learn from it. Its one of the main reason why I want to become a Jedi--so that I can know peace and serenity. So that I can truly be forgiven and atone for my sins and maybe I can forgive myself..."

All of that came out of him, it seemed the crack had turned into a geyser which sprang forth the bitter-sweet nectar of honesty. He no longer fought against his anger, nor tried to hide the tears that bubbled in his eyes, he stared directly back at Ichigo. Feeling relieved, if not empty. An-dur didn't want him to reply, words were meaningless to him at this point. So he brought up a hand a brushed the tears from his eyes, took a deep breath and then another before he spoke again in a tone that put to rest any more on the previous subject. He didn't speak in ill, nor in malice, nor hate, nor grief, sadness or any other draining emotion. He simply spoke. His voice and mannerism may have been seen as somber and sober--to be truthful that wasn't too far off, either.

An-dur: "Well...I haven't found any spot on my scans. If you want to speed things up, run planetary scans on the Co-pilot's console. And besides, we should give Aalya more time. If you want we can check the Holonet or train if you like. How good are you with that Katana of yours?"

He said with a devilish grin. It was true and completely evident to all present that An-dur was a man who needed to get his mind off of his darker thoughts, that were currently tormenting his soul, threatening to steal his humanity. He sat there, half looking at his friend, half focusing on the console before him. Watching every little screen, but focusing mainly on the scans his ship was doing.

Through an incredible display of multitasking, he blindly flipped the switch which turned on the Comm once more.

--Comm--

"Hey, Aalya!! You OK? You've been awfully quiet and your ship is slipping for its orbit. Whats up?"

"Would you respond? At least a snicker, chortle or anything that would let us know that you are alive."

An-dur asked concernedly with the slightest hints of sarcasm.

--End Comm--

rainbowcat.jpg