Carida

Darth Heretic

OOC: Silus, I don't see why you can't land here.

The Count watches as new Imperial recruits arrive on Cardia. He spots one that seems ecspecially powerful. Teema coms the recruit, ordering him to come into the compound.

When the new blood arrived, the Count eyed him carefully. Yes, this recruit would prove valueable...

"Recruit, I am Count Teema, Diplomat for the Empire. I sence potential in you, and therefore I offer you a proposal...to become my personal, yet seondary, body guard. While I already have a protector, he is currently away on a mission. When he returns, I will allow you to study under him as my a body guard-in-training."

Count Teema smiled wickedly.

"So, what do you say?"

Count_Teema.jpg

• 2 months later...

Evan Kerry walks through the dark hals of the Caridia stormtrooper training facility. He had trained for long enough to join the ranks out in the field. He would recieve his armor and weapons. He would be a fearsome stormtrooper.

He sees the other trainees training to become what he was about to be. He had aced all the tests he had been given. His was a perfect marksman in a wide vaariety of weapons. He was an excellent tactician. His instructors all knew he would go far.

He reaches the quarters of the commanding officer of the facility. He stops at the door and requests permission to enter.

DarthI.jpg

*The officer grants him permission to enter and assigns the young trooper his first mission, deploy at the Smuggler's moon and restore order by arresting the Jedi and smuggler disidents.*

I have waited for this all my life,

the passion,

the love,

the hatred,

the fear,

the suffering.

The darkest kiss tastes the sweetest.

"Yes sir."

Evan turns on a heel and walks out of the office. He heads down to the armory to get his armor and weapons. He reaches the armory and finds several other new stormtrooper getting their weapon and armor. Some of them he knew from training, while others he did not. He would not speak to them anyway. He was a superior trooper in combat than they were. He had marked higher than all of them.

He puts on al the pieces of his armor one by one, savoring every moment. He then reaches the last part. The helmet, it was still perfectly white. Not scratched one bit. He places it over his head and the world gets a little darker. He walks over and bras his blaster rifle and holds it in his hands. He fires it down the range to make sure the sight is correct. It is dead on. He smiles behind the helmet.

He walks out and to his squads' room. He sees the commander at the head of the table. He decides to go make good with the commander. He walks over.

"Private Evan Kerry reporting for duty sir." He says extending his hand. The commander doesn't even look at him but continues fixing his blaster rifle. But he does address him though.

"Good. We have been assigned a mission. We are to take fifty troopers and take out the smugglers moon. Since you're new and need some experience under your belt, I have decided to bring you with us. I heard the training officers think your hot stuff. We will find out soon enough won't we. Let's mount up."

"Yes sir." All the troopers holler out and begin moving toward the Landing Craft. Evan can see some other troops loading up a number of repeating blasters in crates along with other combat supplies such as stun grenades, and thermal detonators. He walks onboard the Sentinel Class Landing Craft and straps himself in near the landing ramp. The commander steps in and tells the pilots to take off.

Evan feels the craft begin to lift off the ground and hears the bay doors open and the landing craft takes off into Space. Then the craft enters hyperspace.

DarthI.jpg

The Imperial Landing Craft lands in the Imperial docking bay. All the trooper load out. Evan Kerry is the last. Even thoug he isnt in charge, he always liked to make sure that everything was straight. Seeing everything done, he walks back to the armory. He begins changing back out of his armor, when the commander comes up to him.

"The General wants to see you kid. Nice knowing you" He holds out his hand and shakes Kerrys and walks away.

Evan looks around wondeing what is going on. Barely a day into this and I have already screwed up. Great.

He puts on his dress uniform and walks into the Generals office. He salutes and says."Sir, Pvt. Evan Kerry reporting sir."

DarthI.jpg

*The general looks up from his datapad at the new arrival*

At ease, private. Due to your record during training you've been tapped for testing with a new underwater power armor, called the squid suit. Report to facility DRG-536363 for further briefing. Dismissed.

I have waited for this all my life,

the passion,

the love,

the hatred,

the fear,

the suffering.

The darkest kiss tastes the sweetest.

Evan nods and stanps to attentio nbefore leaving.

"Yes sir"

He walks and follows the imperial codes that lead to the facility DRG-536363. He sees many people walking by but none going into facility DRG-536363. He walks close to the door and sees many people giving him an envious glare. He smiles back knowing he would about to be the first to try out a new armor. He walks through the door seing a large pool that is about 50 ft deep.

He sees some tech officers studying a drawing baord of something as well as a room with a tentacle made out of durasteel. He walks over to the officers and says."Pvt. Evan Kerry reporting for duty sir."

"This is that recruit who scored top notch, Doesnt look like much, but o well. Go into the locker area and put on the squid suit. Then come back out here."

"Yes sir" He says says with disgust about that remark they made about him. He walks intot he locker room and sees what looks like stormtrooper armor except thicker and with six tentcales coming out the back.

He alks over and picks up the lower half of the armor and slips it onto his legs. He tests them out by walking with them. The balance is a little off becuase they are desgned to be walking underwater. He then picks up the nueral link to the tentacles and places it behind his ear to get closer to his brain. He then picks up the top part of the armor and puts it on, closely followed by the tentacles.

Two of the tentacles have sonic weapons attached to them. One has a light

attached to the end. A fourth has a visual concealment device on it. The last two have claws on them for grabbing things underwater.

He lastly places the helmet which looks just like stormtrooper helmet with a rebreather. He looks at himself in the mirror. He is a largew dark gray monster. He could see how this would terrify anyone attacking them or being atacked by them. He flexes all six tentacles, waves them in the air and then practices some manuevers with them. He leaves the two weapons in the air above his head spaced 5 feet apart. He brings the liht and senso concealer tentacles to his sides looped around his arm but still a ways away from him. The claw tentacles stuck forward at his knee caps, as if trying to keep him from running into anything.

He walks over to the tech officers and says he is ready. They tell him to jump or fall or whatever into the pool. Evan jumps into the pool feeling the armor get colder. He begins to sink to the bottom and begin to feel the armor also get tighter. He fires the jets , which are right below the tentacles. He moves through the water quickly like an octopus. He moves his tentacles very easily like nothing. It sees in water they are very light. He fires the sonic weapons and feels their power rip theough the water. He turns on the light and suddely he can see better than before. HE firs off the sensor concealer and he sees what appears to be ink un front of him, but what it really is, is a chemical to stop infered and other types of sensors from detecting him. Lastly he moves the claws around. He can feel the strength in the in the 2 claws as they squeeze together.

He uses the buerallink and opens a com channel to the tech officers.

"Get me some robotic targets in here."

DarthI.jpg

A new batch of soldiers graduated from Caridia's Elite Trooper Academy. At the top of their class: Collin Dash, now known to his superiors as Stormtrooper ZZ-007. He was well known throughout the graduates for his expert marksmanship and combat skills.

Collin had been recruited right after graduation. Apparently the Empire was ready for his service. He was proud to accept the position as a Stormtrooper under Rivhen Eranu. His whole family was a family tree of Soldiers. His great grandfather was a trooper during the Clone Wars, his grandfather a stormtrooper under Palpatine, his own father a stormtrooper under the Remnant, and now him: A stormtrooper under the New Empire.

Collin was now feeling nervous. A transport carried him from the academy- his previous home- into a new life. As the transport slowed and began its descent at his destination inside the Imperial Military base, he straightened his white armor. No reason to give a bad impression his first day. As the shuttle landed and its doors opened, Collin slid on his helmet; and he and the other few troopers recruited filed out into the base. A superior officer was already waiting for them.

"Collin Dash reporting for duty!"

After a few minutes Evan can hear some whirring in the water. He sees some robotic fish swimming through the water. He uses the neural link and turns on the jets. He turns his body and jets to the side befoe the fish see him. He hears some rumbling and sees that the floor is opening up and sees water coming draining out as well as some stuff coming in. He sees what looks to be a mountain that stops just short of breaching the surface. He also sees some more rocks coming out. He can see that this would help him as well as the fish.

He looks at the fish and counts at least 50 of them. He at first thinks they are normal fish. Then he can see that they are covered in blades. He can see the top fin is a razor sharp edge and the two on the bottom on the same. He can also see the scales are edged also.

He jets behind the large mountain and waits for the school of fish to pass him by. He swims around the mountain an sees the rear of the fish and opens fire with the sonic weapon at the last fish, tearing it to ribbons. The other fish turn around glare at him and then charge ouths open. He then sees the last weapon they have. Rows and rows to teeth, massive chompers that could prolly rip through his armor.

He opens fire with the second weapon while the other one recharges. He tears through the lead fish. He activates the jets and glides to the side of the mountain as the fish pass him ansd turn to chomp away. He uses the clawed tentacles to climb up the mountain while ripping through fish with the sonic weapons. He then steps onto a plateu and stands watching the fish swim around and charge at him. He fires both weapon ripping through two fish and swatting a third with a claw. The 30 remaining fish begin swimming at him and then stop in midswim. They turn around and swim out of sight. He hearsa clanking behind him and turns around.

He sees a huge fish, a shark. It has more fins than the small fish. It begins swimming toward him at an incrdible speed. He barely has time to didge the left underfin. He reaches out withthe claw to rip off one of the tail blades to keep it from moving. He tries but gets yanked along with the shark. He fires off some sonic weapons at it but only dents it. He keeps firing sonic blasts at it but only does minor damage.

He pulls himself up to near the head and and starts to steer it by forcing its head in different directions. He points it toward the large mountain and fires off sonic weapons at it. The mountain begins to crumbl as Evan continues to fire off sonic blasts. He fires his jets and the shark keeps going forward toward the crumlbing mountain and soon it is buried beneath it.

Then the fish begin to attach again. He rips two apart and blasts two more. He continues this action untill there are none left. He then begins to jets his way out of the pool. He gets out and takes the suit off. He says.

"Great suit. It works just fine." He walks back out and waits for his next orders from the tech officers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evan recives a com on his com device telling him to go to Kashyyk. He salutes the tech officers and heads to get his armor. He places the white armor on followed by the helment. He had become one of the million stormtroopers again. He excelled with this, but he always wondered how h would do as a captain of a squad, team, or divison. He shakes the thoughts out of his head. If he was suited for leading, the Empire would place him there.

He grabs his weapons and follows his his platoon to the Imperial Landing Craft. He watches as they load more weapons onto the craft. He takes a step onto the craft dubbed Charon. He sees the tech officers loading the squid suits onto the craft and and smiles. He knew these suits of armor. He sits down and hears the shuttles engines turning on and taking off. He goes backto normal mode as the ship hits the lightspeed.

DarthI.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A hole opens in space and the Imperial Lambada class shuttle crawls out of hyperspace. It flies through space heading toward the Imperial controlled planet. Its on cargo: the newly made Coleonal(sp?) Evan Kerry. He attaches his new rank insignia to his uniform. He awaits the shuttle to land.

The shuttle lands on the landing platform and lowers the ramp. Evan walks out with a new strut to his walk. He walks through the area looking down on everyone there. He walks by the training facility and sees some new recruits to begin training. He smiles. He could remember those days. So hard, but fulfilling. He starts walking again.

He reaches the end of the hall and sees a door with a poisonus symbol surrounded by the Imperial insignia. Obviously the Venom Division's room. He reaches his hands out and pushes the code to enter. He sees 21 other men in the room. None of them were above his rank. He couldnt believe he had been given command over this unit. He says to the men.

"I know you have never met me before. I know there is no reason you should trust me. But, if you follow my orders to the key, I will do my best to make this the best division in the Empire, without losing a single trooper. You with me."

The troopers nod to him in agreement, He smiles. They were his.

DarthI.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Evan walks over to his armor and marvels at its beauty. He sits down next to it and runs his hands along the armor. It was awesome. He has to put it on.

He first puts on the pants. They were just his fit. He slides the repulsor belt along his waist. He pulls the boots on and they were perfect. He then pulls on the rest of the armor save the helmet. He then slides on the helmet. He activates the helemts functions and and begins to see maps, layouts and technical data. He then walks over to his weapons locker.

He pikcs up a silenced slugthrowing pistol and holster it on his side. He then picks up a disrputor rifle. He then sits down and closes his eyes. Je waits for some missions to upload themselves into his commanders helmets computer.

DarthI.jpg

Payne pulled the fleet over the quiet Imperial Planet. Much had changed since his last visit, a promotion was the least of them. He stood on the bridge of the super stardestroyer watching as the fleet pulled out of hyperspace and into his signiture defense pattern. One he had designed just recently.

The ships manuevered with practiced ease. He trusted his captains with much. He looked over at a young tie pilot being brought toward him.

"Good afternoon." The incredibly short pilot nodded and replied similiarly. The imperial officer uniform on the man had to have been custom tailored. He had never seen a uniform so small.

The pilot had proven himself in combat and now was to be commissioned his own squadron. Payne had red the records on the pilot and was quite impressed.

He turned his back to the viewport and stared out as ties launched from their stations to patrol the area.

"You will be the Wing Commander of Beta flight. A Tie Defender class fighter squadron. Prove yourself and you will certainly be rewarded, otherwise...." He turned and gave a brief relaxing smile.

"You will be piloting against Macleod as soon as he arrives. It will be your final test. The simluators are already preset." Payne turned with another brief smile before exiting to his personal quatars for some rest and to send a comm message to rhiven.

majorpayne.jpg

Dasexybeast6669: true

Crimson Morpheus: "If a Jedi falls in the desert and nobody cares,.does it make a sound?"

Aldar showed the upmost respect for the admiral as the man spoke to him. As admiral's went, Payne was one of the more pleasant to speak with, that is, if you were on his side. Aldar was most certainly on the side of the empire. His loyalty was unmatched, and his piloting skills excelled above most others in the galaxy.

He had been ridiculed his entire life for his size, and almost laughed out of the recruitment center when he first signed on to join the Imperial forces, but he proved himself, and dared any man in the building to stand in his way.

Small, may he be, but in the cockpit of a Tie Defender, he was the biggest man on the field in almost any conflict.

The thought of commanding his own squadron intrigued him. He had always wanted to work on strategy, and mold other young pilots to a fighting force that he could be proud of. Not to mention, he could better serve the empire. This was his reason for living.

"Thank you Admiral" Aldar replied and snapped to attention, giving a firm salute.

"Good day, Commander" Payne said adjusting the admirals uniform.

"We have a fighter pilot who has proven himself in one of the flights. He is being promoted to command beta flight. I wish for you to pilot against him in the simulation room. Because I'd like to have your far more educated opinion on his skills." The cool quiet tone finished the statement. He smiled slightly and turned back to his duties.

majorpayne.jpg

Dasexybeast6669: true

Crimson Morpheus: "If a Jedi falls in the desert and nobody cares,.does it make a sound?"

Macleod nodded.

"It would be my pleasure Major."

He turned to the man he was about to face, extending his hand.

"I am Lieutenant Conner Macleod. This should be an interesting test for both our skills. I wish you luck."

Connor_Macleod.jpg

"I will fight these Rebels face to face and I'll break them with my bare hands."

Aldar had to turn his head upward to look his colleague in the face. He stretched his hand to meet the other man's and shook it firmly.

"Indeed it should be Lieutenant. Your reputation preceeds you." Baron said diplomatically, and followed Macleod to the simulator rooms.

Once there, Aldar donned his pilot helmet and made the necessary conections to the simulation cockpit. This gave him readouts of the ship status, as well as oxygen.

As the screen in front of him flickered to life, Aldar could see that it was the exact replica of a tie defender cockpit. Through the front view scope, (what would be transparisteel windows) He could see the 6 tipped wings of his craft. He was at home, and flew a few test paterns to get a feel for the simulator. Remarkably, the simulator handled indentically to his ship.

"Ready whenever you are Alpha leader." He called out to Macleod by his call name.

Evan gets bored very quickly just waiting for some orders. He picks up some frag grenades and loads them onto a belt. He grabs his disruptor rifle and heads out.

"Come on guys."

The troopers grab their blaster rifles and slugthrowers. They head out after him. Evan sees some regular stormtroopers lounging around joking and laughing. They needed to be taught a lesson, that they should never stop training. He calls out to them.

"How about a little training exercise, you pathetic wimps. You don't deserve to wear that armor. You shouldn't even be allowed to wear the insignia of the Empire."

With that the troopers stand up and their captain walks forward.

"You Venom guys think you are hot stuff. But I bet a band of Rebel thieves could wipe you out in a hearbeat. So I guess we will show you guys how to do things."

The trooper captain checks his blaster and tells Evan to meet them in the training building. Evan nods and tells his troopers to set their weapons for stun. He knows the stormtroopers would set their weapons on kill just to try and show up the Venom troopers. He laughs at the thought.

"Also turn off your shields." The troopers look suprised at this, They are gonna know we don't need them.

The Venom division walks down to the training arena, which is a large building with the interior of a SD. The goal was to annihilate the other team or be the first to reach the other side.

Evan tell his troopers the situation and he tells them how they are going to win.

"There are 50 of them and 22 of us. We have this easy. Now I want you two to stay back and guard our door. If they get to it, I'm killing both of you personally. You five go left. You five go right. The rest of you follow me. We will meet up at the location that is showing up on your tactial displays now."

A meeting point shows and they all nod.

"Lets go."

They all head off into the maze of walls.

MSearcy2.jpg

Macleod sat down, feeling the controls of the simulator carefully. It had been too long, and even though this wasn't the Arwing it still felt like home. Macleod came back to reality and slipped his specially designed helmet over his head.

"Roger that. Let's rock and roll."

Macleod's simulator came to life. It was so realistic he even heard the comforting characteristic scream of a TIE.

"Look alive soldier, we begin now."

Connor_Macleod.jpg

"I will fight these Rebels face to face and I'll break them with my bare hands."

As Macleod's words crackled in Aldar's ear, he squeezed both of his hands around the triggers of his tie's control stick.

A barage of bright green bolts blast through the simulated space toward Macleod's ship. Launching first had given Aldar a few seconds to survey the area and make a plan of attack. He was coming in fast over Macleod's left shoulder. The speed of the defender was incredible. The Imperial's did not put hyperdrives on their personal assault craft, and this left plenty of room for the most state of the art sublight drives.

Aldar's ship looked like a viscious claw spitting green fire toward Macleod.

Once his initial attack run was complete, He pulled around in an "S" shaped curve that ended with him in front of Macleod and curving back to the right.

Macleod barrel rolled, allowing the shots to fly past the side of his viewport. The green laser fire came dangerously close to Macleod's viewport. One hit from a Defender would leave his fighter in pieces. Simulated fighter, he reminded himself, he had nearly forgotten this dog fight wasn't real.

This guy doesn't pull any punches, he came out with a full on attack. I like that.

Baron was obviously a good pilot, but Macleod couldn't figure out why he'd let himself get in front of the Lieutenant. He may be flying into a trap, but Macleod couldn't resist risking it. Macleod pushed his ship to its limits, curving with Baron's TIE, and getting as close as he could. As he approached, Macleod cut his fighter much sharper, and let loose a barrage of laser fire where Baron's Defender would be in a few moments.

Connor_Macleod.jpg

True, Aldar had not intended to let his query get behind him, but there was little he could do about it now. Aldar's piloting could be considered wreckless at times. Brilliant.....but wreckless.

He looked around him at the wall of blaster fire to his right. If he stopped to turn left, the shots would hit him, but he couldn't continue his current right curve or he'd run into them.

Luckily, space was 3 dimensional. Baron Aldar pulled back furiously on his Tie Defender control stick, and the ship screeched into a steep upward maneuver. He had slowed slightly during the move, but after it's apex, he quickly reengaged full thrusters.

He turned his ship around and started it spinning.

Aldar's tie was spinning at an alarming rate as if a bullet fired from an old rifled barrel. The spin gave him a straight course. As he lined his ship up direcltly with Macleod's he pulled both triggers. Due to his high rpm spin and speed, this caused his tie to shoot a solid cylinder of green blaster fire back toward Macleod's ship.

To Macleod, this maneuver would seem like a game of chicken. Until he noticed the solid wall of green fire coming directly for him.

Evan heads with the rest of the troops into the center of the maze. He knew the other troops would do their job. The satalite above Caridia that was uplinked to his helmet was showing him the exact locations of the other stormtroopers. They would be easily picked off. He uses hand signals and sends two stormtroopers around the corner to suprise them. They head off and get readyto do their job.

Evan brings his disruptor rifle to bear and rolls around the corner and fires a shot into the stomach of a troopers and it hits the ground. The other troopers return fire and they dont even get within ten feet of the Venom troopers. Evan laughs as the stormtroopers hit the floor.

Thats three down.

He sends the reports to the other troopers while also documenting the facts in the computer, to scrutenize over later to make improvements. He motions for the other troopers to join back to him. Once they are back, Evan has them follow them to the next hallway. He knows there is a group of twenty stormtroopers around the corner, but this is also where the rest of the troops are supposed to meet them again.

"Now we wait."

DarthI.jpg

Macleod cut it sharper, but the fire grazed one of his wings. The shot sent him spinning as well, but for a different reason. Macleod struggled with his controls, trying to force the ship upward. The simulation ground was coming toward him at a realisticly fast rate. Macleod stayed calm. He managed to steady this ship, and pull out of the dive.

He has a style I've never encountered before. I wish this were real, the thrill of fighting someone your not sure you can beat is something I miss. Alright kid, it's time to see who is really reckless.

Macleod pushed his ship to full speed once again. He climbed as fast as he could, keeping to the side of Baron's ship, out of his laser range. They ascended toward the sky with great speed. Macleod's TIE Fighter was closing on the Defender. He could imagine his ship groaning under the strain of such speed. He wasn't sure how much longer the simulator would let him keep this up. Macleod brought his ship closer to the side of Baron's. He angled back towards the ground, forcing Baron to do the same or allow the ships to collide.

Connor_Macleod.jpg

As Aldar's shot connected, he quickly pulled out of the spin, and it took a few seconds to reorient himself. Once he did, he noticed that Macleod had recovered remarkably quickly. Baron Aldar was impressed, and knew this battle would take more than his typical tricks. The rifle spin would have demolished just about any opponent that Aldar had faced before.

As Macleod's ship closed in on Aldar, Aldar held his course. He noticed that Macleod was dashing toward him as if trying to ram him off of some imaginary sky-car lane.

Aldar fought to predict the random movement of his opponent and keep the formation that Macleod had forced the two ships into solid. As the two ships flew side by side in perfect unity, Aldar tried to plan his next move.

Any onlookers would be awed at both pilots ability to keep together in such a tight pattern. The ships weaved left and right, up and down. As if dancing amongs the stars. Aldar did not like being lead like this. He felt out of control. He attempted to slow his ship to allow Macleod to pass, but Macleod slowed also and kept him just off his wing. When Aldar sped back up, so did Macleod. All attempts to shake his attacker were futile.

"he's toying with me" Aldar thought, and became somewhat nervous. He shook these feelings and tried to regain control of the battle.

Aldar and Macleod were in a steep ascent, when Aldar cut his engines. His ship instantly froze and hung in space for a few seconds completely still. He threw his reverse thrusters on full, and as he fell backwards in space began firing at Macleod once again. The tips of his guns took on a white glow as the overheated bolts left toward space and hopefully Macleod's ship.

"this is great." he thought over the roar of the cannons, "I'm flying backwards. I've always enjoyed flying backwards" Other than piloting a tie defender, Sarcasm was always one of Aldar's best qualities.

Macleod was taken aback by the move, but immediately pulled his ship into a somersault, spinning so that his ship was facing back toward Baron's. He pushed his thrusters as fast as he could, flying straight toward Baron's firing Defender. He rolled left and right away from the green lasers. This act slowed his descent, but with Baron using only reverse thrusters, he was still closing in. He opened up the comm channel.

"This has been entertaining. To be honest, I feel you actually pilot better than me. Your last move was especially skillful. As someone who enjoys using tricks, I can appreciate your abilities. But you have to remember tricks are to be used as a last resort. They can leave you vulnerable."

I'm sure he already new that. That's what makes this all the more enjoyable.

Macleod had closed in on the backtracking Defender. Baron's maneuverability was limited by his backwards piloting. Macleod waited until he had the perfect shot. He fired, watching the simulated Defender explode, lighting up his viewport.

Macleod hopped out of the simulator, helping Baron Aldar out of his. He shook hands with him once again.

"I'm not ashamed to admit you did better than me. It was more luck and experience than skill that won me that one."

Macleod decided a month in the clutches of a kidnapper had left him a bit rustyl. Still, the kid was the best he'd seen in a long time.

"You certainly deserve your own squadron."

Connor_Macleod.jpg

Aldar exited the simulator pod and was slightly disappointed, but he still felt he had preformed well.

"It was an honor to fly against you Macleod. I'm glad we are on the same side. Together we shall be unstoppable." Aldar said as he accepted a sincere handshake from his comrade.