Sign in to follow this  
Raven Zinthos

Communication between Rebel Alliance and Incom Corporation

The holonet transceiver spun to life, slightly distorted by duel band encryption. Raven Zinthos nodded her head at Kyllan Rother

"We received your message, how can we help Incom Corporation at this time?" 

There was some garble at first, followed by clear background discussion before a calming voice belonging to a male cleared its throat. The blue image of Kyllan would have hidden his gold cape, bright purple shirt and black pants. 

"Yes, so sorry. The transceiver on my ship is in need of massive repair. But I must thank you for taking the time to talk with me. I know that you must be busy with everything that has been happening over the past few days, as I myself have been trying to put out many fires. But in putting out those fires, I have come across a problem that I feel best to use my customers as a sounding board for myself. Since the fallout of Dark Sun Bank falls upon many, including yourself, I hope that you don't mind that I am taking this precious time of yours..."

The man paused hoping for a response to make sure that she was okay with him having this conversation with her to begin with. But almost upon a quick moment, he decided to keep going, as time was something that both did not have the luxury to afford at the moment. 

"Under the Galactic Business Bureau and the Banking Clan that I have signed up with have procedures and policies in place to keep people like me up and running under disasters and unexpected losses. It's apart of owning such a large company. The Banking Clan however, must honor contracts handed out when you choose banking options, such as I did with Dark Sun. The contract I signed states that they will pay back credits lost if a disaster strikes the station, but makes a note that no party involved in purposeful disasters can use the bank assets or they forfeit claims. Because of the fact that the alliance used my products in the attack, I can no longer make a claim. The only way for me to gain credits back to continue producing my products is to rely upon the Galactic Business Bureau to help keep me afloat- which is to ask for a bailout. In that bailout, I could opt for either sharing product costs for a year at fifty precent without interests, or to pay it back within two years at whatever company's general fund interest rate is. Problem is this, only Czerka has a large enough fund to help support products at the moment. Czerka, which is owned by Zalis Krales..."

He paused to let the information sink in. 

"So, I am now presented with a problem. Do I take the bailout - or let my costs rise to triple the price?"

Raven let a dark eyebrow arch as she listened to the the transmission. She let her frown deepen as she looked down at her bandaged arms then back at the representative. 

“I of course sympathize with you and your company on any losses taken in investments through this terrorist station.” She let those last words emphasize that she did not care the slightest for anyone hwo lost money in investing through the Black Sun. But Incom was vital to the war efforts so she extended a offer of rehabilitation. 

“As you may be aware, the Imperial Throne does maintain extensive treasuries that were rescued from both Kuat and Carida.” Her eyes narrowed. “Czerka and by extension Zalis Krales are deemed both Terrorist and terrorist organization, and their representatives to be captured and or killed on sight.” Her finger knuckles turned white as she gripped the seat beside her. 

“So we will offer a bailout in their stead and a refreshment of contracts through our base of operations on Nar Shaddaa. Is that acceptable as an alternative?” 

There was a slight cough as Kyllan cleared his throat. He could tell quickly now that Raven was an excellent leader, but knew nothing of the business world and her statements made him slightly uncomfortable. 

"While I understand your feelings and stance on things, I feel I must correct your statement. Zalis Krales is many things, a former assassin, business woman and leader of a former terrorist organization-but one thing she is not- an idiot. Czerka has for a very long time started to embed themselves into product production and became extremely successful at it, years prior to her getting a claim on it. Deeming anyone who works for them as terrorist will find yourself on a very short list of public enemies to a thousand companies, to which I am sure even the Empire uses many of the products produced by Czerka. Point blank empress... You're already giving Zalis credits and will continue to do so unless you choose to make everything in house. It's the way she wanted things..."

Kyllan allowed for his face to reveal his own thoughts, which was very simply, the face of a man who has been out played and knew it.

"To be very frank, the fate of Zalis is one that neither of us are really in a position to touch at the moment. A sentiment and a desire is all of what we can truly muster. Killing her or arresting her would be a difficult task - as she has credits, and credits do allure to all businesses... Hence the reason even I got stuck in my situation..." 

Kyllan offered up his arms in a way to admit fault, but to also allow for him to change the subject. 

"But I do accept your offer. I think having us re-set will be beneficial for everyone."