Sign in to follow this  
Lord Ar-Pharazon

Has Anyone Ever Had Bed Bugs?

I have fortunately never had such a creature attack me. I have accidentally slept in a pile of ants before (out taking a nap in the woods). That was a lot of fun.

What a Hell-on-Earth that would be! Has anyone ever picked these bad boys up while traveling or just by living in squalor?

My cat brought in fleas last week so its been hell to get rid of those bois. Can't imagine actual bedbugs

I have unfortunately had these horrid creatures enter my home. one of my daughter's college friends had them (still does apparently she has never treated them to remove them other then washing her clothing)... She borrowed some of my daughters clothes for an steam punk prom. and one of those creatures hitch hiked back to our house on or in the clothing... thankfully it was confined to just my daughter's room when we found them, it was a small infestation... but we had to throw out the mattress and box spring, the bed clothes, all the pillows. we weren't taking any chances and any clothing that Sarah hadn't worn in the last 12 months was also thorn away. we threw out all stuffed animals that were in her room, any knick knacks she wasn't severely attached too.

Had an exterminator come in and treat the room. bought a steamer that heated above 350 degrees, bought a heater that got hotter then 240 degrees. those two things cost over 500 dollars, the exterminator for the one room was 500 dollars, we bought a spray specifically for bed bugs that cost 120 dollars, we spend a total of 2 months steaming the carpets daily in her room, treating the edges of the carpets and baseboards with the spray daily, and we had to use the heater every day for months. we had to place all the books and anything that could not be steamed into the heater, and they had to be cooked for lack of a better word for an hour at 240 degrees to kill any bed bugs that my have gotten into them. All clothing had to be washed and dryed on hot...

I had to buy a new mattress and box spring, new pillows and bed set, new night stand. we also had to treat all the mattresses and box springs in the house with the spray, we washed every ones clothing in hot water and dried it all on the hottest heat of the dryer. we steamed all the carpets in the house and treated all the edges and base boards with the spray. we did not allow anyone to come over to the house until we knew it was clean. And no one from this house went anywhere other then to work and school... we also made sure that everyone kept all book bags in the laundry room and checked to make sure that no bugs were hitch hikers to do this to anyone. it was a long two months and thousands of dollars to get rid of them.

We have the spray here and we still treat all suit cases with it before we go on any trips do to not wanting to risk getting them again... we spray the inside and outside of all bags when we travel and we bring them all in through the laundry room so that everything goes directly into the washer.

They are no joke. They bite, and poor Sarah got bit horrible... She went to the doctors twice and was told they didn't think they were bedbugs... right before she was going to a dermatologist cause her doctor couldn't tell what they were all over her arms, we actually found a couple of bugs when we took her sheets off to wash them... goodness, they are the worst thing every created. Just recently we had a Septa bus here in Philly taken out of service when a passenger saw a swarm of them coming out of a seat. We had to do a ton of research on them. But good lord, I hope no one ever gets them.