Sign in to follow this  
Tobias Vos

May the Force be with you, Steve.

It is with a heavy heart I must inform you all that a member of the board, Steve Zacaroli (AKA Jedi Master Dahar Raikanda) has passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday, March 27th 2018.

Those of us who have interacted with Steve in the past know he was a good person, but always was eager for the next chapter- and the next concert. I still remember when we started the ball rolling on on writing again. I got a text message from a random number- “Hey, is this still Tobias? This is Dahar.” And I remember jumping out of my chair in excitement in the CVS office. After catching up and getting back on the board- Steve went all in on the site. He purchased the board and migrated it to a new server- and since then we have had a reunion of sorts on the board. We even have some new people coming to the board to write. JNet, Wampatown, JediRP, whatever you call it still lives on because of a team effort and Dahar was a key part of that. He helped keep this site going.

After speaking with his mother, I took the liberty to express everyone’s sympathies. I even told her a few moments from our Firesides and times on the board- I am sure a few of those stories made her smile knowing her boy had friends all over- and we all shared laughs together. We even agreed that even though he was of the Christian faith, that he has become one with the Force.

I know for myself, I will deeply miss Steve- on and off the board. We have tried to meet up several times in real life but never got worked out. He’s an honest, energetic, yet wacky person and wore his heart on his sleeve. I will always remember him with his crooked smile and flashing some devil horns. However- I have no doubt in my mind that this picture sums him up nicely. (However, he is not in any purple clothes, so it’s not quite perfect, haha.)

I’ll miss him, more than I can ever admit out loud.

May the Force be with you, Steve.

And may the music never stop for you.

7eZDBSD.jpg?1

Edit: Please note, I will be sharing this with his family. If you have any funny stories or sentiments, please write them below!

Also, there will be a memorial to Steve in our universe out of respect for his contributions in waking the board up and bringing most of us back.

Edited by Guest

I'd like to go ahead and extend my support to anyone in this trying time. If anyone would like to talk, I am here to listen. We haven't always gotten along as a community, but I don't think any of us can say we didn't like Steve as a person, in fact quite the opposite. He shared my ideals of breathing back life into the site, and getting people to work together in harmony, and I am forever indebted to him for resuscitating a place that I still hold very dear.

Farewell, brother. The stars are a little less bright tonight.

He will be sorely missed, I think I actually spoke to him a few times, he truly was a good guy and I greatly appreciated how he brought us back from the brink by purchasing the site in our time of need. My sympathies go.to his family during this time of grief and hardship, be at rest now Steve among the stars where you belong...the force was always with you and always shall be.

There's no doubt that Steve is a huge part of why this community is still going. A few years ago, we had gotten to the place as a board where we had about five people still kicking around from time to time, one or two RP stories slowly being written, and a looming deadline for renewing our domain and paying other maintenance costs. Most of the staff had agreed that, while we loved the site, it was a ghost town and no one was using it so we were going to let it fade away.

Then Steve stepped in and kept things going. Not long after, a couple other users came back and things cascaded from there. While we're still a fairly small community, we're significantly larger and the RP a hundred times more active than it was then, and tons of great stories have since been told. I know I personally reconnected with some old friends and made some new ones as a result, which has even led even to some real-life meetups such as at Celebration Orlando last year. It's hard to imagine all of that happening without Steve.

It's terrible that something like this happened. Let's keep this community that he was instrumental in reuniting going strong as we remember our friend and admin.

Steve was a solid roleplayer who, back in the day, helped serve as a master to Adenna and as a frequent, hilarious addition to the site and roleplaying. He was instrumental in reviving this place which breathed in new life and brightened so many of our lives through the renewed connections and friendships we share now. I also remember his corny jokes and quirky humor in the Firesides we had and will miss that in the future. Let us all remember him on this site and never let his memory fade.

Steve saved this site and saved something that has been a big art of my life since I was 13. I owe him a debt that I cannot repay and this breaks my heart so much. I know that he struggled with stuff, and his own personal demons kept him at a distance from most of us, but some of my fondest memories were him and I talking over google hangouts when I first came back and him breaking out his guitar. God he could sing, and his laugh was such a highlight to those few times we all got together.

Brother I will miss you, and I know that you are in a better place now. Where pain cannot hurt you, I look forward to jamming with you in the distant future. And cracking some great jokes. You are loved and sorely missed.

-Tim

I never knew Steve very much in person besides what his presence was on this site, but through that I knew him well enough that he'll be missed. As others have expressed, we owe him a debt of gratitude, and I hope he knew that. I hope he knew how much we all appreciated him. My prayers go out to his family in this crazy hard time. Steve was a friend to many, and we'll miss him.

I hadn't interacted with him too much- a bit here and there in the RP, and more so in recent years through chatting about the site in general. He was always friendly, polite, and easy going in our interactions. He was a steady presence here, and while I'd been removed from here for a while, I understood he was keeping things running behind the scenes, helping bind this community together. His loss will be felt and his presence missed. My heartfelt sympathy and prayers go out to his family, friends, and other loved ones.

Rest in peace. Thank you for saving JNET. I never RPed so I never got to know him very well but I'm sure we will all feel the lack of his presence.

I didn't have a lot to do with Steve though I too am very grateful for him saving JNet. I did chat with him a few times though not in recently... the same with RPing.

May the Force be with You Steve, Rest In Peace.