Ord Mantell

handofthrawn

“Well!” The girl smirked as she pulled down a heavy grenade launcher and opened the port with a ‘thunk’ of metal on metal. “The Thyferran league are a group of stupid corporate leaders on the planet Thyferra which are in charge of of the growing, production, and distribution of Bacta. Bacta can only be produced on that world, and as such we are going to kill the whole lot of them and seize the companies while other agents begin sabotage work on the crops to destabilize them for the buyout and takeover. And if the buyout doesn't work, without corporate leadership, the military of that world will fall to pieces and we can waltz in and take over without any hassle.”

She blinked her large eyes at the other girl and smiled broadly. “What kind of weapon takes your fancy?”

pJzctEZ.png

Qi'Nali took and shook Nath's hand softly, before deftly planting herself in the nearest seat and crossing her legs.

"Thank you for the warm welcome. I noticed that not long ago the Black Sun put out notice of contracts requiring of a certain level of finesse, and decided that a lucrative paycheck ought to hold my hobbies over for some time. I happen to have some experience with information gathering, tracking, and espionage, and would not be averse to making a saboteur of myself should the situation call for it.

"Now," she clapped her hands softly, "would you be willing to has out the details with me? The sooner I can get started, the sooner you will have your results."

"Bacta? That stuff is like, super expensive right? Used for armies and stuff? I saw a container of it in a Hutt palace onetime, and my former... masters talked about stealing some alot. Are you guys planning to cut off the supply to the rest of the galaxy? I mean, I know you guys do like... bad things, but that dosen't seem, uh good? Won't other armies come and try and take it over, I mean yall are pretty strong, but I've seen the Empire. Not sure you want to fight those guys... But, uh, I'm down if thats what we're doing... I kinda need a job, like, really bad."

Celora jestured to the lightsaber at her side, "I mean this does the job most of the time. Maybe," The girl spotted an interesting weapon on the wall, a "retrieved" Imperial grenade launcher.

Z63h0xS.png

Nath let a careful grin creep across his face as he reached for a piece of flimsiplast and scribbled a note down. He glanced to his desktop mounted datapad and scribbled down another long set of numbers. Then he looked up to the young wanna be agent in front of him and pushed the note forwards.

|100,000 credits for Destabilization of Bacta Production on Thyferra, more if you are willing to partake in an assassination scheme|

“We will provide resources, transport, equipment, health insurance, and bonuses if you get this job swiftly done. Are you interested…?”

ARCHIVIST.png.4c2d8535c75133ba31cd6ffea254fdff.png

Guarding the Eternal Vigilance Since 2019

“Yeah bacta is pretty expensive, in fact it costs globs of cash just to treat some poor sod that got hit by a stray laser. Which is why we want to control every aspect of it, sell it for cheap to our allies, exploit the shit out of the colonies and lesser regions. You know, make so much money we can buy two super star destroyers. How cool would that be?”

Her eyelids fluttered for a moment and she stood stock still, her hand still in the process of loading an anti-speeder rifle.

“It looks like the Black Sun fleet and the Sith Armada are heading to engage the Imperium at Kuat, which means there will be little galactic response should we get into a prolonged firefight. We also may have another new agent joining us as well as a Vigo which could get really exciting.”

She looked at the girls lightsabre and chuckled.

“Of course that’ll do the trick if we get up close and personal. Do you know how to use it though?”

pJzctEZ.png

Celora knew how important maintaining a tight grip on certain types of resources was, part of the varied and painfully learned education "provided" by her former slave masters, in the forms of overheard discussions and remorseless punishment if she failed to know some piece of information they deemed critical. An aggressive attempt to seize Bacta made sense for the growing criminal organization, particularly with the conflicts raging in other parts of the galaxy. Her thoughts turned briefly to her rescuer and former friend, "Don't go dying on me now, Tallin. I still owe you."

The girl gestured toward the saber at her side, manipulating it with the Force so that it lazily spun in circles in front of her, displaying the telekinesis she had started to learn from the Force memories, "I've had some training with it, and in the Force. But anyone, uh, truly good with the blade would beat me I think. We, we are getting paid, for this job, right?"

Z63h0xS.png

• 2 weeks later...

Qi'Nali's defunct eyes followed the man's movements as he tapped away at his datapad, habitually comparing his movents to the standard set beforethrowing her assumptions away and refocusing. There was no guarantee that he would be using a standard text interface, or even a recognizable UI, but it was difficult to break old habits.

"I suppose I could be persuaded to do some desttabilization, after having come all this way." Qi'Nali smiled at the man, and tilted her head a few degrees. "I assume that by destabliization you mean disruption of product flow and corporate business, yes? Physical destruction, electronic interference, lengthy political holdovers, et cetera? I'm sure that I could figure something out. I have some conntacts that could prove useful in such things."

She hummed to herself for a moment as she calculated a rough estimate of the resources, timing, and planning she would need to do, before metaphorically turning her attention back to the man in front of her. "As for this assassination, I would need some details before accepting anything, you understand. It may complicate some matters if it where, for example, some of the Thyferrians that were on your hit list."

“Oh you know, disruption like a speeder bomb in a mall or arsoning the bacta fields. Whatever can help bring the government to its knees I want to happen. We will pay and provide you with the materiel you desire and even give you transport to the surface and out should you need it. As for the assassination details let me grab that for you.”

He leaned down and pulled up another datapad his fingers flew over the surface until a long list of names was brought up, detailing every high level corporate member of Xucphra and Zaltin Corporations. It was indiscriminate killing at its best. Perfect for the heartless assassin or the lovely entrepreneur before him.

“Does that give you enough information or do you need more specifics? The Daltons Legacy in docking bay three is leaving soon will you join me on the journey?”

As Crix got off the freighter, not even nodding to the driver or the Ugnaught passenger, his thoughts were about how heavy the jetpack he carried on his back was. It had been empty of fuel to help carrying it, but since it had not been adjusted to a being of his size or stature yet, it was slightly unbalanced for him to carry. Still, after he turned in the bounty, the credits would go towards repairing and adjusting it for him. Just as long no one challenged him before then, everything would be fine.

Crix could see the palace in the distance. Gamblers and bouncers were still around, no doubt so were the pickpockets. Little changed since Crix had left. He was fine with that. Maybe Nar Shaddaa would be the same. Crix did have to stop once, not out of tiredness but because he could've sworn he saw that brown rodent who tried to robbed him before. A glare and a scan made him realize he had the wrong rodent. Still, he never could have been too careful. When the rodent gave a rude gesture to the gank for staring, Crix simply growled, and began to grab that weapon he had grabbed from Tatooine. But he stopped short as he brought it out. The pain over his body made him pause. The burns were still hindering him slightly. A feeling began to build inside of him. A burning rage, still hot from the wounds on Tatooine. But this rage felt aimless. The Chandra-fan was certainly a target for rage, but a pointless one. No one else was staring at the Gank and the Chandra-fan was most likely harmless. Why the unnecessary rage?

He shoved the thoughts aside, placed the weapon back at his side and moved onwards to the Palace. As he entered and found another receptionist, he groaned inside at seeing it was the same one as before and not a replacement.

I'm here about the bounty on Roarer or however you pronounce his name Crix said, carelessly dropping a copy of the holovid from his helmet. The Holovid contained the entire bounty from when he had gotten onto Tatooine. It Black Sun Superior's wanted to review his work, they would see Crix's work with the flying beast, the ghosts and the fight alongside the Mandalore (if they registered at all on the holovid), and the death in the cavern. Crix had manually edited the file so that way it ended before he had grabbed the weapon. This should be enough proof of his death. I'm here for my payment, as well as any information about a Canderous of Mandalore Crix wondered if Canderous had any bounties on him or not, but even if he didn't it wouldn't hurt to check.

AIojH8A.png

"I see, that does help narrow my options down then. Thank you." Qi'Nali hummed softly to herself, then gestured for EY-3s to step forward.

The droid dutifully scanned the contents of the datapad, and relayed information back to her. 'Mistress Qi'Nali,' her earpiece chirped, 'the datapad lists an expansive number of people, all seeming to be key figures of either Xucphra or Zaltin. The aim of this operation appears to be the total destabilization of bacta production and corporate operation.'

The Miraluka tilted her head and nodded her thanks to her robotic companion, before turning her attention back to Nath. "I'm afraid that my own transport is rather important to my operations, and personal comfort. EY will plot a course and follow along, however. Now, I assume that there is a bounty for each member on this list? Do you require them to be confirmed as dead, or will merely getting them out of the picture suffice?"

• 2 weeks later...

The black sun agent smiled warmly as she accepted his holovid card. She inserted it into the console at her fingertips and quickly replayed the footage from the battle and smirked as the Tusken was taken out like a bantha in a slaughter pen. She compared the stills grabbed of the face of the tusken with records. She clapped her hands twice and smiled.

“Bounty Review!”

Then she looked off into the distance as the computer chip in her brain calculated bonuses and licensing rights for the snuff footage of the tusken to be sold on the dark holonet. When the funds had been transferred to the credit chit on her desk, she lifted the golden card and placed it before the bounty hunter.

“You will need to be more specific, there are currently ten thousand individuals registered as Canderous of Mandalore. It seems to be a common name. Though if it is the person seen in the early section of the footage presented that would be Canderous Bralor. A well renowned ex Mandalore of his people. Currently serving with on of our ex agents Terra. Named Mandalore the Heartless. Would you be interested in joining them on behalf of the Black Sun? An agent to inform us of their movements as necessary. We will pay you a retainer of one million credits per six months of service should you be interested.”

pJzctEZ.png

“There is a bounty for every single member on the list, and bonuses for multi-kills. And they must be dead as iis Black Sun tradition. I will follow in my own transport then as we have a newer agent to join us as well. See you on the flip side miss Hest.”

((Sorry for the delay, I will see you on Thyferra at your convenience))

He strode next into the armoury and placed his hands on his hips looking at the young HRD and her human companion.

“Now Anne are you being nice to the young miss Karth?”

THe HRD curtsied smartly.

“Of course Papa.” She extended her hand to Celora. “Come on, daddy’s taking us to thyferra!”

Qi'Nali nodded in confirmation and then stood. "Once I have a chance to feel out the local situation I shall update you on the situation, so that we can plan ahead and not interrupt one another's plans. Thank you for meeting with me, I will look forward to working together soon."

The Miraluka woman smiled at the man and then took her leave, EY-3s padding after her dutifully. She waved and gave a friendly smile to the receptionist on their way out to the docking bay, where the Bouncer patiently waited for them.

"I have taken the leave of preparing for departure already, Mistress. Shall I set a course for Thyferra?" The droid asked once they were on board, his chassis hooking into a standby dock while his mismatched 'head' and primary body disconnected and floated towards the cockpit.

"Ugh! I really don't want to. Can't we just go somewhere nice for a change? I'm really getting close to finishing that puzzle box, I just need to put the finishing touches on the microprocessors and the gravimetric locator beaco-"

"Mistress Hest, so sorry to interrupt but must I remind you again that without a stable source of income we will end up stranded when your investors catch up to us? Or worse, imprisoned?"

The dark corridors of the yacht went quiet.

"Just get us over there so we can make some cash."

"Of course, Mistress." EY plugged into the cockpit and and finished the calculations for their journey to Thyferra, making a point to deliberately ignore the dark mutterings of his charge. He briefly wondered if he should point out that one of their investors was in fact a Jawa Bantha breeder living on an asteroid in the outer rim, sheerly for his own enjoyment, but then thought better of it. He still had sand in his chassis from the last time he had done something similar.

((To Thyferra)

Crix's fingers quickly snatched up the card and pocketed it before a word could be said. Secured and hidden away from any prying eyes, Crix turned his attention back to the receptionist.

"Thats a lot of Canderous'es. But the one I encountered seemed a bit more...unique. As Crix listened to what the receptionist said, his eyes widened at the offer of the money. A million credits for six months of spywork?

Before I agree to anything, what exactly is Black Sun's relation with these... Mandalorians? And this ex-agent...what's her story? Crix hated jumping into situations without the full story, but this job offer sounded more than interesting. To go work with a warrior culture, possibly learning something new about fighting, gather information about what they were doing, and be paid a million credits for 6 months was a hard tempation to resist, especially for Crix who understood the power of money.

AIojH8A.png

• 2 weeks later...

“Well….” The agent’s eyes flickered for a moment as the AI implanted inside her skull searched the archives of the Black Sun. Compiling and cross referencing her file, editing a bit, then releasing the information it was able.

“Her contract was up and she had a chance to renew but the Blood Prince decreed that she should return to her people and make them strong again as a darkness was coming to the galaxy.” The Agent smiled wryly, “Or at least that is what the file says, perhaps she will tell you more. She is called Mandalore the Heartless for a reason.”

The agent pushed forward another credit chip but kept her finger on top of it. “Would you like payment up front?”

pJzctEZ.png

Crix's eyes sparkled under his mask at the final words. Every bounty hunter lived for those words. That or the payment from afterwards. But with this payment up front, alongside with what he just earned would let him more than just readjust the jetpack he acquired from the last bounty, and to attach the latest weapon. Such treasure could possibly purchase a some new weapons, or even a small ship to get him across the galaxy. No longer relying on bartering for rides with other people.

Crix began to reach for the credit chip and nodded. Crix's imagination kept running with the ideas of what to do with the money. He had to shake himself to focus on the situation though. He looked at the receptionist, whom he liked a bit more now, if only cause she held his payment in front of him.

If her title is true, then she sounds like my kind of person, and a possible entry with her people. For a million credits, I'll tell you whatever you want about them.

AIojH8A.png

• 3 weeks later...

The Black Sun Agent lifted her hands in mock surrender a sly smile on her lips.

“Then you will find them on Coruscant, where they are beginning their first baptism of fire. Attached is your contract, please sign and return the slip to me or drop it in the phrik box over there”

Her thin finger pointed to the box that was labelled “receipts.”

“We also have several ships available should you need them in the hanger, now shoo.”

pJzctEZ.png

The Gank nodded as he quickly signed the contract, eager to get paid in advanced and to start his new job right away. With luck, he could modify the jetpack he had acquired on Tatooine, complete with a paint change to disguise it from any other Mandalorians, and be on his way to the Coruscant. He could see that the holonet projected on several screens nearby were focused on that once-beautiful now dying planet. Perhaps if he hurried he could make a good impression with them. With a quick signature and the paper slid back, Crix found himself employed by the Black Sun once more.

Later

Crix exited the Palace a new bounty hunter. While it was obvious he was still getting used to the new weight on his back, he didn't seem to mind. He hated the fact that it took him longer then expected to rewire it so that way his voice commands from his helmet could activate the piece of equipment. Whatever that 'Canderous' had on it before was good. But not too hard for him.

In his right hand Crix still carried the new weapon. He didn't dare try to modify it to replace one of his claws yet. He wanted an expert to do that. It was too precious. Too...occult to be tampered with.

Crix looked at the weapon, spinning it over and over, examining every detail. It seemed so simple: this weapon wasn't too complicated, but there was definitely something to it that only an expert could identify. He did examine it closely and was surprised to find two crystal like objects inside: blue and purple. In an attempt to discover their purpose, he activated the blade and found out that a purple blade could be emitted. A truly mysterious weapon. But not as mysterious as the voice that came with it. It had been brief, but instantly recognizable. A mere laugh from a being of power and anger. Then it was gone.

But the bounty hunter didn't fear the voice. He reasoned to himself that the effects of the madness on Tatooine were still clutching him and would soon go away when Crix focused on the new task at hand: Infiltrate a warrior people, observe their movements, train with them, inform Black Sun. Crix felt excited as he boarded the "Explorer" Scout Ship, now under his own name. Worn with age and blaster marks from missions passed, Crix was attracted to it for several reasons. Small enough not to be noticed by big ships, fast enough to get to places, and a history of success. He chuckled at the name painted on the side. Truly, a fitting name for one such as he:

Reckless Revenge

At the controls, he slowly started the machine up, and was soon on his way.

(To Coruscant)

AIojH8A.png

• 5 months later...

Zalis sat within the private quarters that the Obsidian Phoenix held. She was sitting within a chair that was looking out a viewport of the starling that streaked slightly above her head. She had one hand upon her head as she rubbed away a headache, while the other held tightly to a glass full of Idlewil liquor. The sudden shaking of the ship allowed for her to realize that they had made it home. Or rather, what was slowly becoming home for her. Coruscant was always home. But somehow, even before the Mandalorians destroyed it, she understood that there would be no going back. She never wanted to see the place again, as credits always seemed to fall into a vacuum of sorts there. Out in Mid and Outer rims, credits were far more valuable for the moment. She would leave the Core to her other agents and Vigos who held a more interest in those parts. 

Standing up, she walked towards the cockpit with her glass in hand. Since getting back onboard the ship, she wore the laced white dress with her black boots, leaving her jacket for the colder weather that occupied the planet of Taris. She walked in and gave Remo a warm tap on the dome of his head as she sat down net to him. She left the majority fo the piloting to him, and he seemed to be very trusting for the most part. She slung back the remaining elements of her drink and kicked her feet up only slightly, but not enough to interfere with the piloting. 

"It feels good to be home Remo."

She then turned and realized that officially he had never been to Ord Mantell before. 

"Sandorne Palace as it's called by the locals, but known by everyone else as Black Castle. It's the primary Black Sun headquarters. It's here that I will dispatch others to be Vigos for me and spread them across the galaxy... Very soon I will have a foothold everywhere..."

It was then that she suddenly got sad as she thought about Delta. He was loyal to Black Sun and had done so much, even before he arrival and accession. Now.. it seemed like she had not seen the man since she first met Remo. Her own mind became occupied with thoughts of how to reward such loyalty, and in so doing, she allowed for her feet to return to the metal floor of the ship's hull as she now sat sunken within her seat. 

Zalis2.png

Remo had silently been calculating Celteo's rate of success, both in the past and in the future, and knew Zalis would be pleased by Celteo's efforts. Still, the fleshie had once been a part of the Hutts he was once imprisoned to and for that, he held no regard for him. And who Celteo was behind closed doors, the inhumane things he had done in the name of his corporation, would likely get the man painted as a war criminal should word ever get out. But Remo and Celteo were the only two who remained of that by-gone era, and Remo knew well enough to keep his binary trap shut.

As Zalis walked in, feeling her soft skin resonate across his dome's sensors, his gaze spun upon her. He still couldn't quite figure why he felt at ease around her, but she had not poised any threat to him yet. He found himself without a reasonable cause behind his trust in her. Remo had always been an slightly overcautious droid, but he also knew that certain things could never be explained, and in those times, he simply went with it.

Plotting the course she suggested, he turned the ship toward their destination. As the Obsidian Phoenix began to settle for its landing, Remo scurried away from the controls, leaving the ship on autopilot and Zalis alone in her thoughts as he went to adjust a few settings in the sunlight engines and hyperdrive. When they had landed, Zalis would find him near the ramp and ready to disembark. He was curious as to what this new world and life he had found himself in would present to him. He knew their reputation, but only in rumor, not first hand experience.

REMO.png.ccb0d45c91ccab78a2f95b5d7580b11a.png

• 1 month later...

Zalis was able to offer up a smile to Remo as she stood up and began to walk down the ramp. She once again offered the droid a soft touch as she walked past him. Upon reaching the ground, she allowed herself a moment to openly inhale the air of the planet. The smell that hit her nostrils were a mix of dirt, metal, alcohol and an overall scent of fumes from the spaceport. Letting out a heavy exhale, she looked off to her right to observe some of the dregs and scoundrels talking over their winnings at a local casino. It made her narrow her eyes as she half listened in before walking away and towards the entrance of Black Castle. 

"Remo, make a note for me. Lets look into a more higher profile planet that may attract... wealthier clients..."

She didn't bother to make sure he was following her okay, as she was far more interested in just getting back into a normal routine. Plus the fact that she had much bigger problems recently. Her encounter with Celteo on Taris made her far more aware that there was a high need for her Vigos to be more involved within the galaxy. But it also produced another problem altogether. The power and reach of Black Sun was still small in some ways. That would be something that she would need to fix quickly. Using people like Celteo may prove an avenue that she never thought of before. 

Upon entering the building of Black Castle, the receptionist droid WP 12 became aware of her and leaned forward, paging one of her underlings, who upon getting signal came running out in a panic, quickly offering up his boss a slight bow before beginning with a shaky voice. "Ma'am, the Mandalorians have been within reports of destroying Coruscant, along with hostiles at Chandrilia. I have also been unable to reach Delta as you requested." Zalis turned and looked him in the eyes. His eyes seemed panicked and full of fear. 

"Who cares what the Mandalorians do. Those planets have already been polluted with politics. Let them burn. What we should be doing is selling arms to them. Reach out to their leader and see if they may be willing to setup a deal with us. And as far as Delta is concerned, he's free to roam wherever he wants. I'll reach out to him on my own time. I have never once asked for you to do that. Over step your boundaries again and I'll kill you where you stand. For now, contact the Mandalorains. I'll be in my office with Remo..."

Zalis quickly walked past the man and towards her office. She needed some time to think through what her next steps would be. 

Zalis2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Remo turned on his wheel and spun, quickly trailing behind the young female as she disembarked. Through his receptor, he took in the sights and sounds he saw before him, quickly taking note of a gambling establishment nearby that he throw his hat into later and maybe rid a few of the patrons of their handful of credits. But for now, he was more curious as to the woman before him.

As Zalis spoke, Remo took a holographic display of her visage, recording the memo for herself later should she need the reminder and quickly followed in her suit once again, making his own mental notes as they went. When they finally arrived at Black Castle, Remo managed to get in a few squabbles with a few droids as Zalis and one of her associates conversed, namely a few information droids as they went about their duties and nearly caused him to topple in their rudeness. He considered shorting their circuits, but felt that would hinder the ongoing workings of the place.

Following Zalis into her office, he let out a whirling sigh as he shut the door behind them. Gazing upon the woman, he wondered what she held on her mind.

Zalis sat down at her desk and pulled up files rather quickly. She was scanning the most recent messages that came her way on the holonet, which seemed to be for the most part- super irrelevant. Each and every file message made her roll her eyes at the content of each message.

"Oh Remo... These poor fools think it wise to ask for credits that they have never earned. Although... Vandor... plug that name in Remo."

Zalis kept scanning for files here and there until she stopped at a message. Yordel Vuxen was the name, requesting twelve reinforced carbine blasters to be delivered to Onderon. Her mind raced with thoughts. 

"Forget Vandor Remo... Let's make a visit to Onderon..."

Zalis allowed for a smile to come to her face. She remembered that Onderon held a healthy black market, and the carbines being requested were illegal on over half of the populated planets. Luckily for this Yordel, Ord Mantell was the headquarters of black market sales and productions. And of course, Black Sun was the one who pushed the iron machine that ran it. Although, she was certain that Black Castle only held 12 to begin with within their production facility beneath the surface floor. I'm going to need to have more supplies delivered here to keep up with a potential supply and demand... The thought was all she needed to know for her to begin to put things into motion for the future of her company. 

Zalis2.png

• 2 weeks later...

As Zalis went about her duties, Remo sat in silence for the most part, boredom soon overtaking the droid and soon led him to explore his curious nature. Rolling over to a nearby dresser, Remo opened it, shifting aside paper files and a few undergarments, one set that oddly enough fell upon his translucent dome and sent the droid reeling in part confusion and part slight disgust. But it wasn't until he pull out a cylindrical object that curved together in a cone shape near the tip that things grew highly interesting.

Fascinated, he wondered what it could be. Surely it wasnt a lightsaber hilt, as it didnt appear in the same fashion. Noticing that it had an activation button on its bottom, he clicked it, and soon ran about her room and office like a crazed lunatic as the cylinder vibrated with the velocity of a vibroblade within his extended claw until he threw it aside, zapping the item until it melted away into a pool of plasteel and components, and zapping it once more for good measure.

Just as he heard Zalis speak, he turned his optical recorder toward her, the incidents from before fresh upon his mechanical mind as he questioned who this woman truly was to have such devices before proceeding with her requests. Onderon seemed like a decent place to visit.

Edited by Roleplayer X

Zalis felt slightly annoyed for a moment as she watched Remo play around with things from her personal drawer. If only the droid had known where the device had been, or rather, what it had fully been used for, he may not play around with it. But then again, did droids even think about such things in ways the sentient species did? It seemed somewhat irrelevant anyways, as the droid destroyed the one in this drawer. It meant that her other ones would need to be locked up tighter. 

Standing up from her desk, she moved to get herself dressed for the occasion. She knew that the Sith Empire held Onderon, and she wanted to make a deal. Black markets and close alliances always seemed to get forged stronger at formal settings. And from what she heard from the pipeline, this man was one who preferred the nicer things in life, unlike some of his former predecessors. So with hat information, she picked out the the perfect black dress that was backless and showed enough of her chest to draw eyes towards her. Upon looking at herself in the mirror, she looked at Remo and smiled. 

"If you're ready Remo, we can go and deliver some goods and make a few... lasting connections."

With the last part of her words, she looked at the mirror and blew a kiss at herself. She knew she was bound to draw eyes and that should make things easier in getting what she wanted. So she then sent a page for a few others to deliver the reinforced carbine blasters for Yordel Vuxen. Hopefully this trip would prove much more rewarding than her last outing at Taris. 

Zalis2.png

Remo had never completely understood "fleshies" and their need for dressing. He honestly thought they would be much happier if they were like him and simply painted themselves. It was way better than any fashion they could come up with each week. But alas, they weren't capable of processing on the level of a droid.

Except Zalis.... perhaps he would have such a discussion later about how paint is way more attractive than fabric.

When she poised her question, he bleeped a numerical "Yes" before the two departed. By the time they arrived, he had already messaged ahead to have the ship cleaned, fueled, and systems checked and ready for departure. All she had to do was set the navigational charts and they would be off.

• 4 months later...

Zalis didn’t really remember any part of landing or what sort of interactions she may have had on her way up to her suite, yet here she found herself, laying down on her bed. She only managed to take her coat and shoes off, so she lay with just her white dress on and stared up at the ceiling. It held patterns of gold swirled into black marble made it look like the ceiling was trying to hypnotize her. Part of her wanted to pull out her blaster and start shooting at it until it changed to something more appealing. The thought of being disgusted with her ceiling was made quickly irrelevant with the Holonet talking about Kyllan’s choice to ask for the full 30 days before responding to the bailout. It was then that she lost her cool and reached for her blaster and fired a good 7 shots into the screen. 

Her mind quickly had a few choice words about him, but she needed him to believe that he still held some form of control over what was about to happen in the next few months. The sparks of the screen were making some noise that stirred her to stand up and pace the room. She wasn’t really sure why she felt like him buying time was hurting her plans. Hell, it took two years to pull off the first phase of this plan, what’s 30 days more. She stopped as she looked out her window of the busy streets of Worlport city. Below was a collection of beggars, thieves, scoundrels, business types, aspiring crime lords and the wealthy all mixed together. She watched very carefully as a few had conversations, every so often one would point towards the giant building, Sandorne Palace. Although many knew it simply as Black Castle. With a sigh, she turned and left her suite. 

Without any shoes on, she began to walk to floors of the castle, allowing for a few of the working officers to talk with her, all seemed to be hesitant with her at first, after all, she had killed those whom failed her on sight before. She needed to change that image amongst the crew, and that was what she was doing now. Simply walking the halls having conversations with those who worked for her and doing her best to encourage them and give small praise for the things they were doing right – which was as simple as just maintaining the building. She needed to slowly move the whole organization from fear driven to motivational driven. They need to start to feel as if it’s better for them to do better work, versus doing things simply out of fear. Hell, maybe she could use some of these officers to become Vigos down the road.

But for now, she did need to launch her next two plans into motion. Using her commlink, she contacted Remo. “Remo, I need for you to access our system files and carry out Project Titan and Project Alimony.” 

Zalis2.png

• 1 month later...

Remo's comm chirped only a few feet away from Zalis stood, the faithful droid always near. One could see the mechanical gears and workings of his mind begin to whirl and shift as he processed her command and did as she asked. Moments later, a holographic visage appeared before the young leader with stats off to the side, one that would surely leave more questions than answers, one that would intrigue Zalis.

It was an older human Male, his face scruffled by age and unkempt beard, his long locks no more uniformed than his beard as his history and criminal record readout laid beside his visage. 

Name: Tre'Vos Emrys

Height: 5'10

Weight: 170lbs

Hair Color: Black with aged grey

Homeworld: Corellia

Criminal History

CS 189-75 Drunk and Disorderly

CS 147-89 Assault and Battery

CS 147-78 Assault with Deadly Weapon

CS 189-76 Drunk and Disorderly 2nd Offense

CS 189-77 Drunk and Disorderly 3rd Offense

CS 189-00 Drunk and Disorderly Repeat Offender

CS 147-78.1 Assault with Deadly Weapon with Intent

CS 147-00 Assault Repeat Offender

With the sounds of whirling gears, more readouts would appear,  most of the documents redacted or having details missing. And in moments, Remo's core would go silent as the droid seemingly shut down out of nowhere. 

• 1 month later...

Nia shirked away harshly when Mjan rested his hand on her head. The sensation was unpleasant, magnified by how long she'd gone without being properly underwater. She'd need to set boundries with the others soon. Her mother had learned at a young age she didn't like being touched, but these people were strangers. No matter how friendly they were, their mannerisms towards her made that painfully obvious. She still listened to Mjan's lesson, but she also thought back to her own family. She doubted if anyone even knew about them. Not out of secrecy, but because he tried to keep the two lives seperate. 

When they entered Ord Mantell's orbit, she took a breath. This was it. She din't know how to feel about training a guerrrila force, but she was excited to see more of the galaxy and learn first-hand. She truned to Mjan and Beth. "So how exacty do we start?"

nnia.png

Beth and her crew of lanky imperial pilots strode down the ramp, one of the rougher looking ones took point and walked off to talk to a starship dealer. While Beth herself stayed nearby Mjan and his apprentice, who was looking quite a bit shy. Beth wondered if she should address the issue, decided that the nice approach was best and slinging her hood over her short trimmed hair, strode over to the Jedi Apprentice. She tried her best not to sound motherly. 

“First Hotep there-” She pointed to the rough looking man talking to the trader. “Will track us down some leads on second hand starfighters. There will be some bargaining then they will come to a deal, or we will look for more vendors.” She smiled softly and lowered her voice. “How are you liking it? You look a bit out of your element, is there anything I can do to help? Other than to stop being annoying? ‘Cause I can’t stop being myself.”

She considered if there were any good food vendors that could interest the Girl. But Beth found herself at a loss. She never had a normal childhood, what would even help the apprentice?

Andromina

Rebel Alliance Fleet Command - Lieutenant