Darth Jade

Corellia

Jackson nodded and followed along as Skye toured him around the complex, mostly still speechless from the amount of green and plantlife displayed on their way into the hangar from orbit. Plus there was even more in the underground area than there was on the ship, from his assigned room to the gym, and even a much larger hydroponics area. It was something he would have expected to find a moderately sized gang operating out of back on Coruscant, and he would be staying there for... for however long it took. The boy realized shortly after unpacking his meager belongings that he had never actually asked what they would be doing after they had made landfall, or how long they would be staying. They did still have to deal with whoever Faust was, he supposed, though whether he would be able or even asked to help still remained to be seen. It would be a shame to not use the new toys he had been working on over the past few days.

With that in mind the young Padawan wandered his way through the complex until he managed to find his way to the nearest exit, where he floated towards the lake in a daze. It had all been so beautiful and overwhelming when he was just watching in the ship, but now that he was there in person, on the ground, it was just... so much more. And the air; it was so clean and fresh, pleasant to the senses event. It almost made him a little lightheaded with how much easier he could breath there than on Coruscant, or even on a ship, regardless of how well the air filters were running. Everything was so different that he almost missed it when he passed by his tutor.

"I'm here." He slowly announced, after backtracking a few steps and giving an awkward bow. 

Skye quietly observed her Padawan as he marvelled at his surroundings.  The Jedi Master's voice was soft, gentle as she spoke, "You don't have to stand on ceremony with me when it is just the two of us." She smiled then continued, "There is so much life here.  You will have noticed the difference between here and Coruscant. Here you will feel the Living Force easier, feel the energy field that is the Force, feel it surrounding you, flowing around and through you. Feel it in the life forms, between them, you and I. The Living Force teaches us to focus on the now, to focus on your surroundings. I brought you here for training because it will broaden your senses. Sometimes on Coruscant you can feel stifled. It can be and often is chaotic with so many different emotions flowing through all manner of beings. You already know to trust your feelings, your instincts. I would like you to open yourself up to the Living Force. Let it guide you."

She fell silent for a moment, letting her Padawan absorb what she had said. "When you are ready, close your eyes and open your senses. Tell me what you feel." 

It was only moments after she had given Jackson his task when it hit her. She swayed a moment before her knees gave way, the Jedi Healer finding herself on the ground. Waves of pain, a horrible sense of death and destruction on a major scale. A trillion voices crying out before being silenced. Skye gasped in breaths as if she was having trouble breathing. Once the initial horror had passed and she was able to come back to herself, the Healer looked at her Padawan, hoping that he didn't feel as big of a backlash as she had since she'd asked him to open himself up to the Force. "I fear something dreadful has happened."

When Jackson spread his metaphysical feelers, really opened himself to try to connect with the universe around him, it was bliss. It was... not easy, exactly, but natural in a sense. It felt like the more he opened his senses the more he was pulled into everything, and he felt himself rocking to the rhythm of the life surrounding himself. At the height of his expansion he even felt something like a strong breeze, or... no, no it was more like a gust, perhaps. Or even a shockwave.

Not even another moment had passed before the rug was pulled out from under his feet, then, sending him tumbling down deep into the abyssal blackness he stood above. All at once his physical and force senses were buffeted by horrors that previously lied unknown to the Padawan. The air in his lungs, clean and healthy, turned into a vile and heavy mass that he couldn't help but choke on. The pleasant breeze turned savage in an instant and stabbed into his every nerve, doubling him over and sending him to the ground. Even the food he had consumed earlier that day had rotted inside of him, bloating and squirming inside of his body until it had freed itself onto the grass between his hands. It was only then that he noticed he could no longer see, and that the only sounds he could hear were horrifying grinding, screeching, and gurgling noises that submerged him in a frigid slime.

When he finally came to, Jackson found himself gasping for air and shivering on the ground. Slowly everything started to come back, only muted and colorless. A vibrant and thriving world having turned into a barren landscape of ash, for all he could tell any more.

Once she had finally gotten her breath back, Skye slowly got to her feet. It took a bit to keep steady at first as she still felt unbalanced. Whatever had happened it was on a large scale and it was devastating.  She closed the gap between herself and her Padawan, resting her hand upon his shoulder to help ground him. "That had to be tough on you. It's hard enough on a seasoned Jedi Master, but you're still beginning." Her voice was gentle, soothing. It would take time to get over this.  

"I think we better head back inside, Jackson. We'll check the holonet for what has happened." Once he was ready, she led the way back inside, leading her Padawan to the living room where she turned on the large holonet screen. As they had walked in she had signalled for Flitter and I-Nine to join them there. Every channel showed the destruction of Coruscant and the subsequent attacks by the Mandalorian's. The images were just as devastating as Skye had surmised. She was shocked that it was Coruscant. The Healer wondered how in the galaxy had it happened. It was at that moment that I-Nine spoke up as if answering her unasked question. "Master Skye. The reports are all saying that it was Faust." The droid's words were followed by reporters on the holonet stating the diabolical mastermind behind this atrocity was indeed Vladmir Faust. There seemed to be no end to his scheming and lust for destruction.