Darth Jade

Corellia

Jackson nodded and followed along as Skye toured him around the complex, mostly still speechless from the amount of green and plantlife displayed on their way into the hangar from orbit. Plus there was even more in the underground area than there was on the ship, from his assigned room to the gym, and even a much larger hydroponics area. It was something he would have expected to find a moderately sized gang operating out of back on Coruscant, and he would be staying there for... for however long it took. The boy realized shortly after unpacking his meager belongings that he had never actually asked what they would be doing after they had made landfall, or how long they would be staying. They did still have to deal with whoever Faust was, he supposed, though whether he would be able or even asked to help still remained to be seen. It would be a shame to not use the new toys he had been working on over the past few days.

With that in mind the young Padawan wandered his way through the complex until he managed to find his way to the nearest exit, where he floated towards the lake in a daze. It had all been so beautiful and overwhelming when he was just watching in the ship, but now that he was there in person, on the ground, it was just... so much more. And the air; it was so clean and fresh, pleasant to the senses event. It almost made him a little lightheaded with how much easier he could breath there than on Coruscant, or even on a ship, regardless of how well the air filters were running. Everything was so different that he almost missed it when he passed by his tutor.

"I'm here." He slowly announced, after backtracking a few steps and giving an awkward bow. 

Skye quietly observed her Padawan as he marvelled at his surroundings.  The Jedi Master's voice was soft, gentle as she spoke, "You don't have to stand on ceremony with me when it is just the two of us." She smiled then continued, "There is so much life here.  You will have noticed the difference between here and Coruscant. Here you will feel the Living Force easier, feel the energy field that is the Force, feel it surrounding you, flowing around and through you. Feel it in the life forms, between them, you and I. The Living Force teaches us to focus on the now, to focus on your surroundings. I brought you here for training because it will broaden your senses. Sometimes on Coruscant you can feel stifled. It can be and often is chaotic with so many different emotions flowing through all manner of beings. You already know to trust your feelings, your instincts. I would like you to open yourself up to the Living Force. Let it guide you."

She fell silent for a moment, letting her Padawan absorb what she had said. "When you are ready, close your eyes and open your senses. Tell me what you feel." 

It was only moments after she had given Jackson his task when it hit her. She swayed a moment before her knees gave way, the Jedi Healer finding herself on the ground. Waves of pain, a horrible sense of death and destruction on a major scale. A trillion voices crying out before being silenced. Skye gasped in breaths as if she was having trouble breathing. Once the initial horror had passed and she was able to come back to herself, the Healer looked at her Padawan, hoping that he didn't feel as big of a backlash as she had since she'd asked him to open himself up to the Force. "I fear something dreadful has happened."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

When Jackson spread his metaphysical feelers, really opened himself to try to connect with the universe around him, it was bliss. It was... not easy, exactly, but natural in a sense. It felt like the more he opened his senses the more he was pulled into everything, and he felt himself rocking to the rhythm of the life surrounding himself. At the height of his expansion he even felt something like a strong breeze, or... no, no it was more like a gust, perhaps. Or even a shockwave.

Not even another moment had passed before the rug was pulled out from under his feet, then, sending him tumbling down deep into the abyssal blackness he stood above. All at once his physical and force senses were buffeted by horrors that previously lied unknown to the Padawan. The air in his lungs, clean and healthy, turned into a vile and heavy mass that he couldn't help but choke on. The pleasant breeze turned savage in an instant and stabbed into his every nerve, doubling him over and sending him to the ground. Even the food he had consumed earlier that day had rotted inside of him, bloating and squirming inside of his body until it had freed itself onto the grass between his hands. It was only then that he noticed he could no longer see, and that the only sounds he could hear were horrifying grinding, screeching, and gurgling noises that submerged him in a frigid slime.

When he finally came to, Jackson found himself gasping for air and shivering on the ground. Slowly everything started to come back, only muted and colorless. A vibrant and thriving world having turned into a barren landscape of ash, for all he could tell any more.

Once she had finally gotten her breath back, Skye slowly got to her feet. It took a bit to keep steady at first as she still felt unbalanced. Whatever had happened it was on a large scale and it was devastating.  She closed the gap between herself and her Padawan, resting her hand upon his shoulder to help ground him. "That had to be tough on you. It's hard enough on a seasoned Jedi Master, but you're still beginning." Her voice was gentle, soothing. It would take time to get over this.  

"I think we better head back inside, Jackson. We'll check the holonet for what has happened." Once he was ready, she led the way back inside, leading her Padawan to the living room where she turned on the large holonet screen. As they had walked in she had signalled for Flitter and I-Nine to join them there. Every channel showed the destruction of Coruscant and the subsequent attacks by the Mandalorian's. The images were just as devastating as Skye had surmised. She was shocked that it was Coruscant. The Healer wondered how in the galaxy had it happened. It was at that moment that I-Nine spoke up as if answering her unasked question. "Master Skye. The reports are all saying that it was Faust." The droid's words were followed by reporters on the holonet stating the diabolical mastermind behind this atrocity was indeed Vladmir Faust. There seemed to be no end to his scheming and lust for destruction. 

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Jackson followed his mentor in a daze, stumbling over his own footsteps before starting to pinch and pull at his skin in confusion. He could hardly feel his own skin. He could hardly feel anything, in fact: from his own pinches, to the clothing on his body; even the wind brushing through his hair felt... unusually cold. Detached. That spark of life just wasn't there anymore.

"Hwhath... hmmh, what do we do now?" He asked quietly. It was difficult to speak, at first. Jackson felt like his tongue had swollen up, almost; not badly, or even detrimentally, but noticeably. It was enough to slur his first few words before he realized what was happening.

An slight frown creased his lips as Bloome tried shaking off his sluggish daze, only to find that his efforts were futile. He would have to check in with the medbay later to see if he had hit his head harder than he thought. It wouldn't do to hinder his efforts at meditation or the forms for any longer than was absolutely necessary. He still needed to fine-tune his force control before... before what? He couldn't remember anymore. There was definitely a reason he was in a hurry before; but what was it? Some sort of feeling, he remembered; a sort of pressure that had built up in the back of his head.

Perhaps, whatever it was that was causing it, had already passed? That was possible. Probably even, considering that... wait, Coruscant?

Jackson's eyes blinked slowly as he tuned back into the world around him, and he focused his tattered attention on the holofeed.

Someone had... stolen the moon? And then they used it to scrape a chunk off of Coruscant. He had lived there, under those top layers of the ecumenopolis. That had been his home, and in some ways he still saw it as where he really belonged: crawling through the undercity and scrounging for scraps of... well, of scrap.

It was strange, then, that he just couldn't bring himself to feel much about it. It could have just been the shock setting in, but he had been in shock before. He knew what that felt like; what it did to his body. This was just... nothing. A numbness unlike any sort of breakdown he had ever personally experienced. Jackson had seen others go through something similar in the past; usually following intense emotional or mental trauma. It was a common enough sight down below.

But he hadn't gone through anything like that himself, and certainly not recently. He and Skye had just spent the day touring around and doing some meditation so far. Even thinking back to when he had noticed he was numb, Jackson couldn't think of anything. He had tried meditating for a little bit, as he was instructed, but before he could really do anything they were already on their way back to the estate. It was strange, to say the least. It felt like he was missing something.

"Hey," he started slowly, brows furrowed in thought. "Well... no. No, nevermind." Jackson shook his head. He was simply being paranoid. He was probably just numb because the sudden exposure to all the local flora had his body in a weird state. It fit the timeline almost exactly, so that must have been it.

"Hwhath... hmmh, what do we do now?"

Skye was in a state of shock herself, her eyes attempting to focus on the screens in front of them, trying to take it all in but the scale of destruction of not only Coruscant but the Alliance base that was on the moon as well. So many lives just blown out of existence by that madman. The backlash through the Force was just as devastating as if they were there. A numbing sensation wanted to cloud her mind though she knew she had to concentrate for a while longer before she could rest. Jackson's voice brought her attention back to him. "First off... we recover. Neither of us would do any good with not being able to function at our best. Then we find out where we can assist. Make yourself comfortable." The Jedi Master indicated to the various lounges around the room. She was still feeling unbalanced and could see that her Padawan was having difficulties as well. "Flitter... run full spectrum scans and monitor both of us for the next few hours. I-Nine, could you bring in some hot drinks. I'll have green tea... Jackson?" She turned to the young man, "What would you prefer? Caffa, tea, cocoa? We both need to relax and let the Force soothe our minds after that onslaught. I know I'm feeling numb right now and I'm assuming you might feel the same, like the Force has attempted to cushion us from the worst of it. If we had been any closer to Coruscant than being here on Corellia this would have been a lot worse." Observing her Padawan for a moment she made a suggestion, "If you like I can give you a sedative to help you relax. You can decide if you want to stay in here or go to your room... wherever you will feel the most comfortable." 

Picking up the remote for the holoscreens, Skye flicked the news channels off. In their place was now a live view of their surroundings, showing the lake and forest. Soothing sounds of nature filled the room. She couldn't take in any information right now. Nothing had sunk in other than knowing that Faust had done it again. The Jedi Healer sat on one of the lounges, tucking her feet up under her, making herself comfortable while waiting for I-Nine to return with their beverages.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Jackson rubbed his hands over his face and licked his lips in thought. "Water, please." He whispered, only then realizing just how dry his mouth had become. His legs carried him listlessly to the nearest seat shortly after, only stumbling over himself a few times on the way. "I will... say, here." The Padawan mumbled, more to himself than anything else. It was still difficult to parse through the information being passed along through his senses; the background numbness blurring sights and sounds, and muddling his hearing. It would pass, surely.

Instead of dwelling on it any longer, Bloome resolved to do something more productive with his time. His eyes closed and his attention turned inwards, only to be greeted by an only vaguely familiar place. The threaded core that he once recognized as his internal plane, of sorts, was gone. In its place hovered a disconnected mass of energy; a dense construct of defensive layers and jagged edges, blasted and fragmented apart before being slapped crudely back together in some poor facsimile of what used to be.

What was worse, he could hardly access it at all. Some small manipulation was all that he was able to manage before either the ache became too intense, or the entire thing shrunk back in on itself far tighter than it had been when he had first tried meditating. That was going to be a problem. But, he would be able to manage with it, right? It would heal. And if it didn't, then... he would have to figure something out.

For now, though, he'd follow Skye's instructions. If she believed that they should bide their time and rest, then he wouldn't argue with it.

I-Nine left the living area, returning after a few minutes with a green tea for Skye and a glass of water for Jackson. The droid also placed a water jug and second glass on a small table off to the side of the lounge chairs. Flitter hovered between the two Jedi, running the scans on each of them and bringing up the results on a smaller monitor. When Skye glanced at it she noticed that while their life signals were showing alright, some of the other results from the brain scans were showing signs of the stress both had undergone. 

"I recommend not doing anything Force related tonight. In the morning you can attempt a light meditation though only do what feels right. What we will do tomorrow is some old fashioned hunting. There are some game animals in this forest that we can go after. This exercise will give you something new to experience. I'll show you how to prepare meat from it's source, then how to cook it. Skills that you will find helpful if you ever get stranded somewhere where you might need to hunt for food. I'll also teach you how to fish. I'll give you a choice of which we can do first - fishing or hunting. I'll also teach you how to test your 'catch' to make sure it is edible." The Jedi Master paused. What she hoped would happen during this 'exercise' - besides teaching him how to hunt for food - is that being surrounded by nature he might reconnect with the Force in a more natural environment. "Any questions?"

SkyeOrgana.jpg

It had been quite some time since Skye had brought Jackson to Corellia and since the destruction of Coruscant. It had knocked both Master and Padawan for a six and it seemed like they had just been treading water and Skye was only just coming out from the fog it had left them in. Her Padawan had gone off on a personal discovery mission and only the Force knew when he would return. 

The sound of the forest first thing in the morning was calming, though the air was already warming up towards a hot summers day. Skye paused for a moment to wipe her brow before she took off running once more, following the track through the forest and around part of the teardrop lake. She stopped just before the Organa boundary line and took to the water, feeling the cooling  water envelope her as she dove beneath the crystal clear surface.  She remained underwater several meters before coming up for air and swimming back across the lake to where I-Nine waited on the jetty. The silver and green protocol droid handed her a towel as she emerged from the water. "Master Skye, you have messages from Morgana and Krishna." The Jedi Master smiled at this piece of news, "Thank you I-Nine, I'll listen to them now." Skye was always happy to hear from her children and would reply to them both and send one to Amon while she was at it. After she had done this, the Healer readied herself to go to the local hospital for her shift. 

SkyeOrgana.jpg

“Well the question exists sir.” The Ex-Republic fleet commander and ex-senator spoke with a hard voice to the Selonian delegation. “Do you want to sell this system to the Sith Empire without a fight or do you want to hold out hope for a resurgent Rebel Alliance?” He ran his hand through his stubble and beard. “I know they have gathered on Nar-Shaddaa, all we need do is reach out and ask.” 

The Selonian nodded, and the rest of the small furry animal delegation did as well. The Humans had already made up their minds a year ago and were deep into the production of a myriad of new ships for home defense. With the Selonian council convinced, the war was guaranteed to reach this peaceful system. He looked up at the distant cylindrical Centrepoint and sighed. He looked over to his Assistant, Lyria. A human cybernetic construct that he had bought off the black market some years before. The blinking lights on the side of her head’s cybernetic unit thrummed an annoyed orange. 

“Tell me again what our fleet can muster.”

GODFREY.png

Rebel Alliance Fleet Command - Godfrey d'Outremer

Posted (edited)

T̵̢̛͍̥̼̰̱͈̭̤̽̈́̀̈̚h̵͎̔͊̀è̸̘̯̺̭̦̘͍̦̀̎͌͑̀͛̏̕ ̶̝̰̗̳̭̭̏̓͑͂͗̈͂̏̔̕R̴̭̱̦͒͐́͋̀̃̑̅̏̕ę̸͍̂́̀̏͂̑̕͝c̸̘̉͒̿̈́̃̑̀̌k̵̳̻̦̲̞̠̺̽͋̍̌͛̊͜͝ò̴͕̘̼̞̭͓̳̣̓͜ǹ̴̡͇̻̇͂ǐ̶̧̛̼͙͕̬̜̭̋̄̉̈̌͘̕͝n̴̡̻̪̟̲̪͂͒̆͛͘g̴͓̟͚͍̓̒̇̏̍̕͝ ̴̡̨̞̰̱̒͋͌̑̀̾̆̅ḩ̷͓͎̓̋̾͛͗̓̐̿̚a̷̡̩̠̬͑́̄s̵̟̤͚̟̫̙̱̭̄͊̑́̌̍ ̵̛̭̙̜̾́̀͛͝c̸̗̣̼̠̳̼͖͇̒͑̈̌ò̶͙͋͘͝m̴̗̌̇̇́̇͒e̵̠̳͗͊̉̃̓̓̔͑̚͜.̴̪̠̩̃̏̉̎

With minimal warning, the dark mass that was the Kyber class Star Destroyer Herløv and a small cluster of ships proudly bearing the symbol of the glorious Sith Empire on their hulls shot out of hyperspace and into the blackness of realspace. Despite the size of her ship, Qaela's eyes quickly fixated on the truly titanic mass of ancient durasteel that hovered before her fleet. Centerpoint didn't truly hold any direct tactical importance in the grand scheme of things, but it was central to the Twin Worlds of Tralus and Talus which were the weaker of the defended worlds within the Corellian System and would serve as a good launching point to invade the rest of the system.

Immediately after reverting from hyperspace, the squadrons of bombers and heavy interceptors began to stream out of the Herløv's launch bay and form up to prepare for their missions. A mixture of dozens of assault shuttles loaded with troops and three score medium sized cargo transports reverted out of hyperspace behind the main fleet moments later and began orienting themselves for a run against Centerpoint Station once the way was determined to be clear. Qaela didn't expect there to be a tremendous amount of resistance on the Station itself, but it needed to be claimed nonetheless because she had a purpose for it. Her troops would blitz the station and its meager defenders, secure its civilian population in Hollowtown, and then use the Station as a rally and launch point for invasions throughout the Corellian System's Five Worlds. The Twins would first fall in one swift action, then the rest. Probes were shot out all around the fleet and Centerpoint Station itself to both scan for hostiles while also coordinating fire control at enemy ships.

Qaela wasn't completely experienced in naval combat, but the officers onboard her ship under the command of Captain Geratos were and she wasn't so prideful as to demand control over how the battle proceeded. She had long ago learned what her strengths and weaknesses were and how to use others to fill in the gaps in her ability. When Corellia fell to the Sith, she would receive glory enough to share with those who helped her do so, far more than if she allowed her pride to get in her way and cost the Empire troops, ships, and pride.

This was the first move of a strategy she had put together with her commanders. As was more akin to her personal style, it wouldn't rely just on blunt firepower and force as was the wont of the Sith Empire, but rather on deception, guile, and misdirection to keep her enemies at bay and guide them into the slaughter. The Sith would claim the Corellian System one way or another: it would be far better for them if its conqueror was Qaela Darksong rather than the far heavier hand of other Sith Lords.

"Take the Station," she ordered calmly. "Slay only those who resist, preserve as much as you can. We are here to add to the Glory of the Empire, not to create pointless destruction. Our Dark Lord wishes a prize to build his Imperial Might, not a pile of molten rubble and ash." Those who fought under her command were carefully selected. The most brutal of the soldiers in the Empire were excluded: she wanted only those who shared her own vision of building a mighty empire under the confines and philosophy of The Balance and who could restrain themselves. There was no glory hunting among her officers: all was for the Empire and the greater good of the Sith Order.

She stood calmly on the bridge of her ship waiting the results of the scans and probes as to what she would be facing.

Edited by Qaela
  • Like 1

Qaela Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

This is it? Is this all we can muster? The Selonian commander inclined his furry head in an almost resigned bow of surrender. His eyes were clouded in a mix of shame and rage as the council of Corellia witnessed the Sith Fleet emerge near Centrepoint. They had tarried too long, which had now become the rallying call of the Galactic Alliance. Their failure was once again staring them in the face. The council, those twelve odd, scared faces, looked at him with a mixture of fear and resignation. They were waiting for him to speak. He raised his hand above his head and pointed to the long lists of ships and crew that were assembling in the Corellian Atmosphere. There was a delegation from the Rebel Alliance with an Imperial Knight in tow as well. 

“Assemble the armies!” 

Centrepoint could not be lost. They would push back the Sith at any cost. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Rebel Alliance Precision Strike Carrier Group

Taskforce Experience Green - Assigned PC @Skyshatter

- Assigned Callsign - 

Sentinel 

CR-90 Corvette Maelstrom |2/1|

CR-90 Corvette Languedoc |2/1|

CR-90 Corvette Vivarais |2/1|

Menace 

DP20 Corvette Coeur d’Lion|2/1|

DP20 Corvette Augustus|2/1|

DP20 Corvette Hussar |2/1|

Ghost 

Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier Azincourt|9/9|

Rebel Alliance Destroyer Group [Turbolasers]

Taskforce Experience Green - Assigned PC @Godfrey d'Outremer

- Assigned Callsign - 

Hammer

LC-Belarus Medium Cruiser  Novarch Ackbar |9/9|

LC-Belarus Medium Cruiser Novarch Sikaot |9/9|

GODFREY.png

Rebel Alliance Fleet Command - Godfrey d'Outremer

Lok's eyes lit up as soon as the Empire exited hyperspace, the confused look of worry and determination swirling in his gaze as he looked across the bow. It wasn't that long ago that he was on Coruscant, the once famous jewel of the Galaxy no more than a melted gem at the hands of the Sith. And in that moment, his thoughts crossed back to his own homeworld, that of Onderon and the oppression it faced and the likelyhood that it too could one day mimic Coruscant. Turning to Captain Greer, his gaze now fired with anger, he issued orders.

"I need Maelstrom and Augustus at Position Felix with the rest of Sentinel at Position Phillip and what's left of Menace at Position Seal." Lok spoke with a stern but calming voice. "And I need them there now."

Captain Greer went about relaying the issues, as Lok stood there in silence. As nervous as he was, he could not show it. He had always been a fighter, meeting his combatants face to face. He was no fleet commander and he knew it. But he could let his men around him know it. This was the assignment given to him by his Empress and the Jedi Grandmaster upon his return to Nar Shadaa, and he would not fail them. With a sigh, he grabbed the comm, ordering a direct line be opened with the lead ship, Herløv.

"This is Lok Skyshatter of the Imperial Knights." He spoke, reaffirming his tone by letting his memories of Onderon fuel his determination. "By order of the Empress Raven Zinthos, you are entering protected airspace. Cease and desist, and you will be allowed safe passage back to wince you came...."

As Lok was speaking into the open comm, the six corvettes began to maneuver and place themselves into position, klaxons aboard each readying each for what could come as ammunitions and ships were prepared in haste. All Lok had to do was give the final order and the Sith Empire would feel the true might of the Zinthos Empire. With an inward sigh, Lok finished.

"Remain on course, and you will be fired upon."

Maelstrom and Augustus move forward to the Fore, with Languedoc and Vivarais flanking off Port and Coeur d'Lion and Hassar flanking off Starboard

• Like 1

skyshattersmol.png

Mordecai stood upon the bridge of the Wyvern, his Victory II command ship, watching the Imperial defenders scramble, like they were an anthill that the boot of the Sith had kicked. The ships under his command were battle-ready, of course. His inexperience would not bring them defeat. The officer at his side, a Captain Maran Jarvus, gave him pointers. After his battle with the Imperial Knights at Borleais, of which the fresh pink scars and slowly regrowing hair here a reminder of, he had swallowed his pride. The man knew his place, but had received Mordecai's express permission to teach him as he saw fit, although he was not to give commands himself unless the Sith was incapacitated.

"They're positioning their corvettes to screen for fighters. Doing the same will protect the Wyvern and the Herløv, and I would recommend doing to until we see what their fleets are capable of."

Mordecai nodded, giving the command with a wave of his hand. There were whispers in the Force here. Curious; Perhaps the Jedi were present, though he doubted he would sense them from this far away with his training. Something else, perhaps? He would ask Quela of it after the battle, but for now he would focus.

They soon received a communique, a warning. He chuckled softly. He maintained radio silence. If Quela would like to start the battle here and now, he would let her. He, instead, waited, as he'd done before, over Coruscant and over Borleais. He was not passive, though he didn't mind being perceived as much. They would hold formation and match the Herløv's speed, awaiting for the opportune moment.

He sent a simple message to his master.

"I am ready. Shall we begin?"

Edited by Mavanger

la5IocX.png

Ợ̸̺̓̈́̋̽̿̿̕p̷̯͑̅͛̌̒̂ȩ̷̝̫̯̳͙͓͎͐n̵̢̜̼̙̝͐̈́̀͒ȉ̶̲̹̤̪̪̐̌n̴̼͉̫̠͊̿͌̒̍̕͠g̶̢̩͍̫͇̻͈̱̪͌̔͛̄̅̾̌̕ ̴͍͙̖̭̲̞͈̯́́̏M̶̡̛̹̤̦͉̥͔̺̠̣̐͗ơ̷̧̱̭̖̲̙̣̪̥͐͋͒͜v̴̗͆̂͗̄̀̏̚͠e̸̛͉̟̺͇̦̞̰̔s̷̩̓̏̅̈́̀̎̏͘͝

Near Centerpoint Station

Sith Empire Destroyer Group: Turbolaser Focus Fire

Taskforce Experience Green - Assigned PC Qaela

Kyber Class Star Destroyer Herløv |20/20|

Sith Empire Asset Denial Group: Surgical Strike*

Taskforce Experience Green - Assigned PC Mordecai

Victory II Class Star Destroyer Wyvern |9/9|

Lancer Frigate |3/3|

Tartan Corvette (1) |2/1|

Tartan Corvette (2) |2/1|

Tartan Corvette (3) |2/1|

Tartan Corvette (4) |2/1|

*Ship Names forthcoming

Qaela heard the voice Imperial Knight ordering them to withdraw with a good deal of bemusement. It was almost as though he was unaware of the fact that there was a war going on and that the Sith Empire could be stopped by merely demanding in a stern voice. Even with a probe as small as what she was bringing, it should be clear that the Sith weren't just visiting. She and the ships with her now were but the tip of a very large spear that was about to lance deep into the heart of the Corellian System and claim it for the glory of the Sith Empire and nothing here could stop it. Win or lose this initial skirmish, more ships were coming until the skies above Coronet City were filled with the sight of the glorious Sith fleet.

Considering the enemy before her with a mix of consideration and disdain, she quickly realized that this initial force would need to be dealt with in order to secure her primary objective. Should that fail, she would have to resort to the secondary objective which wasn't quite as appealing, but still doable.

She opened a secured and encrypted comm to Mordecai. "We engage them here, but not to suicide. This is but the first stroke: there is no point in throwing everything at them so early when there is so much more to come."

To their Rebel foes, she said nothing for such pointless comments did not warrant a response.

Qaela Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Mordecai could respect that course of action. An invasion wouldn't end in a day, why use all your resources like it would? The frigate Fury took the lead on his task force's advance, being careful not to be separated from the Herløv. There was a pitched anticipation deep in his gut- A lesser man would succumb to the fear that gnawed with the whispers at the edge of his psyche. Instead, he embraced it. Used it to sharpen his perception, his body's primal reactions to danger serving him, rather than the other way around. He noticed things he'd usually miss. Smells, colors, sounds. The calm breathing of the experienced Captain, the faster breathing of an ensign trying to hide his fear. Mordecai strode forward, placing his hand on the young man's shoulder.

"Embrace your fear. Control it, do not be the one controlled."

He glanced out the observation glass.

"Open fire on Lady Darksong's command."

la5IocX.png

F̷͙͖̝̏̓̇̉̽̋̚i̴̡̩͖̓̄͒͜r̶̠̺̙̉͒̍̇͌̀̏͠ş̵̺͈̖̻̚͜ṯ̷̨̫̮̙̦̻̹̻̀̿̇̈́̄́̀ ̸̧̥̥̘͋͜S̶̱͓͑ḧ̵̤̼̜̯̤̥͉͓͙͎͆̑̽̉̄̃͠o̶̧̨͔̖̗͚̥̲͍͛ẗ̸̰̺s̵̢̨͔͔͎̮̯̝̝̍̅́̌̎̏̉̀̾͘ͅ

Near Centerpoint Station

Paying the Rebel threats no heed, the Sith combat fleet continued a controlled advance towards Centerpoint Station while the troop transports and cargo ships remained back away from the upcoming fight. There was a sense of focus and primal anticipation that permeated the ship which delighted Qaela. She loved the way all sentient beings felt when going into combat where they had to kill or be killed. It was primitive, base, and yet, so very natural to all no matter what their background or beliefs. Jedi or Sith, Force sensitive or blind to its call: it didn't matter. All felt it.

Somewhere out there, across the rapidly decreasing distance of cold lifeless space, were thousands of beings feeling the exact same thing. It was a rare point of unity that bonded both sides, just as Nature intended. It didn't matter if one wore the uniform of a Rebel or of the Sith: they were all feeling a variation of anticipation, fear, eagerness, or even a desire to kill. Those feelings saturated the Force if one was open to it and Qaela was definitely open to it. She drank it in and used it to focus herself to the task at hand.

She had always loved and cherished subtlety when it came to personal interactions, politics, and duels, but when it came to fleet tactics she preferred to be excessively blunt and direct. When it came to selecting a ship of her own to command, she immediately went about ensuring the crew was well trained in intensely focused fire against a particular target she wanted dead. The Kyber Class Star Destroyers that the Sith enjoyed producing and fielding excelled at such blunt tactics and for good reason. In her experience, there was little that inspired fear in one's enemy more than an exceedingly large and expertly focused fire that sent streams of highly charged energy straight into a singular target.

With a cruel smile as she look at the tactical holograms on the bridge, she selected the target that she wanted to see disappear first with a casually raised finger, silently dooming the crew of that ship to be the next sacrifices on the alter of the glorious Sith Empire. Captain Geratos nodded and immediately began relaying orders to the gunners and the squadrons of bombers. As soon as they got into range, an intense, blinding tidal wave of turbolaser, blaster, and ion cannon fire would flow over the hapless Rebel ship. The bomber squadrons would dip "below" the field of fire giving the gunners a clear shot before darting into range to fire the first barrage in their payload against the same target further adding to the terrible toll of damage being inflicted. This might be but the first shots of this campaign, but Qaela wanted them to be as memorable as they were brutal.

((1))

Qaela Sig

Send PM's to Travis.