Corellia

Darth Jade

Lance Lianahan sits in his ship that landed not but 4 hours ago, Lance sits in the pilots seat holding the necklace his brother gave him the last time they met... On it, the shape was a unique symbol, the Lianahan family crest, and the words inscribed were... "I am you, and You are me"

Lance grips the necklace tight in his hands as he walks down the ramp of his ship, coming to the doors of the Lianahan house... It had been 7 years since Lance left home. His rugged ways now ran his life, the Brother to Dex was a Corellian Pirate, and a rugged outcast from all who knew him. He had returned, to make peace with his family, and the spirit of the fallen brother, as Lance reached for the door knob... he pulls back, thinking twice.... then again.... he tries... then enters...

lance.jpg

Airleas stood up and looked at Sly for the first time in weeks. There were tears in her eyes as she realized how much she had missed him. She followed his gaze down to the child, and tried to smile. She wanted to go to him but felt as if her legs were nailed to the floor.

"Sly, I...I missed you." She took a step towards him.

Airleas.jpg

"I.... Who's child is that?" Sly asks for a brief moment hopeing that Airleas will reply.. "Ours Sly..." But he knows the words arent true... the child they had were dead...

Sly wants to step forward to her, but finds himself being held back... a barrier between the two lovers had been formed.

The powers of Master Prophet and Adi-Wan were defeated by whining, rather than the Sith RPers using their heads to defeat them.

Airleas couldn't speak for a moment, and she looked down at the small girl in her arms.

"I..I don't know, she was in the cargo hold of Reagan's ship. She is not sure where she might have picked up the child. So for the time being, she is staying here with me."

Airleas smiled down at the little girl and decided to call her star since that is where she came from. The child seemed so right in Airleas' arms, and you could feel the joy coming from her from just holding her.

She looked back up into Sly's eyes and smiled to him. "I think that I'll call her star until we find out who she really is?"

Airleas.jpg

Sly takes another step closer as he looks into the eyes of his wife...

They had surely been through rough times, and neither of them thought the end would turn out like this, but it did. Their child was gone, and whatever future they had as a family was gone as well, now, they would start all over in eachothers arms.

It took Sly every ounce of strength in his body to even move one step closer to Airleas... One step closer to his future... one step closer... to his love. It was hard to breath the same air as Airleas did 2 months ago when he child died... but now... everything was better.

Sly took his final step towards his lover, and kissed her passionately... as if their first kiss was being remade all over again...

"I missed you... I have never missed anyone as much as I have missed you in the past months... I am sorry..."

The powers of Master Prophet and Adi-Wan were defeated by whining, rather than the Sith RPers using their heads to defeat them.

Tears streamed down her face as she reached her arm around his neck and held him. She held the child in the other arm, and realised that she had been holding her breath. Taking a shaky breath, she layed her head on his shoulder.

"I missed you so much Sly. It feels like an eternity without you. I'm so sorry."

Airleas.jpg

The Burrial of Dex had begun as the rest of the family was in the back yard...

This wasn't Sly's first time being at his best friends funeral... Anyone Sly got close too, passed away...

Sly brought Airleas outside, as they watch the empty Casket gets lowered into the ground...

"Goodbye Dex... You will live with me forever..."

Captain Jed Noswal stood at attention in his best "uniform". He thought of the kindness that Dex had shown him, how he had been made to feel like he belonged... really for the first time since he had left the Republics Navy all those years ago.

He would miss Dex, the comaraderie of the other pilots and Captains over a pint or three of Ale in the Mess Hall. He would miss the Moon, so lush and green with it's virginal forrests and smooth clear lakes.

Noswal bowed his head and prayed for the spirit of his lost friend.

• starwars-a_long_time_ago.jpg

Airleas stood with her husband, and slowly realized Reagan was standing behind them. She knew that her friend was devastated by the loss.

Airs lowered her head and prayed for her brother's spirit as the small child fell asleep in her arms. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught a sight that she had not seen in a very long time. Lance...

She turned her head to see him moving towards Reagan. Her brother had been away for quite some time, but, he always had had a soft spot for Reagan. If not for Dex taking Reagan in, she knew that Lance would have.

Airleas.jpg

Reagan came down the back stairs and made her way out to the funeral for Dex. She opened the back door, and saw Sly and Airleas together. It would make Dex happy to know that those two were back together.

She stayed in the back, with tears in her eyes, and leaned against the back of the house. She looked up to see Lance coming towards her and just watched him. He came to stand next to her and she just put her head down.

Reagan.jpg

Sly Stevenson, torn by the loss of his brother in law barely could stand the pain of seeing his brother burried... but he was strong enough to stay, as the Funeral ended, Sly turned to Airleas... as he said goodbye to his wife, he told her he would return shortley...

*With a Kiss and a Hug, Sly was off, back to regions un-known...*

Tares sat at a desk near a window. On his mind was Star, he didn't have anyclue where Star could have come from, and not much else was clear as well.

As he thought, the sight of Reagan outside caught his eye. Making his way out he stood behind her, thinking some more. He knew Dex was apart of the force now, in a better place than where Tares stood.

Walking up he put his cloak over Reagan and in a soft voice said, "Want to talk about it?"....

tares.jpg

Reagan sat down on the ground at Dex's grave. The rain continued to pour down, but she did not give it any notice. She just couldn't bring herself to leave. She knew that his body was gone, but she just wanted to be with him.

She looked up at Tares and then back down at the empty grave. She just sat there.

Reagan.jpg

After Airleas got the crib set up, she layed Star in it to take a nap...She then went down stairs and watched as Tares tried to comfort Reagan. She thought about her brother Dex and what he had meant to her, and knew that she would miss him. Looking into the kitchen, she saw her brother Lance sitting by himself at the kitchen table.

Walking into the kitchen, she took a seat across from him. "Lance, it has been a long time since you left. It is good to see you back. I missed you."

Airleas.jpg

Lance raises an eyebrow to the sound of Airleas's soothing voice. He clears his voice as his voice was not as soft... it was rough and rugged... Just his choice of words showed the anger in his life.

"Listen Airleas, You and Dex are the only reason I am here today... F*ck the rest of the family... they turned their back on me along time ago. Dex was my last step in the doorway, and now your a Jedi... I might as well not have this last name of Lianahan. In their eyes, I am a failure... they made me what I am today. I was like wet cement, and they molded and shaped my life to what it is. Now they bail on me... They made me the pirate that I am, destroying and killing their own Smugglers... if it wasnt for my closeness and respect for Dex, I would have destroyed the moon a long time ago..."

Lance just goes back to sipping his wisky... looking out the empty window... only seeing his own reflection in the window... nothing more, nothing beyond the glass.

lance.jpg

Airleas looked at her older brother and not for the first time in her life, she wished that she was not the baby of the family so she could smack some sense into her brother.

"Lance, the whole family loves you. And you walked away from us. We are all still here. And you just always needed to be different. I have always been accessable to you. And you did not even come to my wedding."

She looked at him and folded her arms over her chest. She could be just as stubborn as any one of her brothers.

Airleas.jpg

"I wasnt there... I WASNT THERE..." Lance raises his voice a little...

"I was there, I stood in the shadows as to have none of my family see me... It was the happiest day of my life seeing my little sister get married. If Dex was here..." Lance pauses

"I Wouldnt have missed that for the world, Dex tried to reach me for weeks... and I came, because..."

Lance pauses and turns back... back towards Airleas... looking out the window...

"I came because I love you..."

lance.jpg

She just stared at him..."You could have come to me. I would have like to have seen you. To have you meet Sly."

She got up slowly, and walked over to her brother. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she kissed his cheek.

"Lance, someone needs to take over for Dex. You are the next in line. Dad is to sick to do it now and the others are all younger. And my husband..."

She stopped for a moment, and took a breath..."My husband is a Jedi, and well, he is a bit busy to be running the smugglers."

Airleas.jpg

Lance turns and holds his sister... "I missed you all these years, you have grown to be a beautiful woman..." Lance says as he kisses her forhead.

"Me... the Moon... I cant, I am a Pirate... I can't leave..."

Airleas looks at her brother and gives the trickiest trick in the book... "Do it... for Dex..."

Lance closes his eyes and see's his fallen brother... as he grabs his necklace his brother gave him when he was a little boy... Lance gives in...

"Ay, I will take control of the moon... but I will not do it without Reagan..." Lance says as Reagan enters from outside where Dex's grave was...

lance.jpg

Airleas looks up at her brother and smiles at him and asks him to do it for Dex. She knew that she was hitting below the belt but she wanted her brother back with the family.

She heard the door slam behind her as Lance said Reagan's name.

Airleas turned to see her friend standing in the door soaking wet. Her long red hair dripping around her shoulders and for the first time since her parents died, a very blank expression.

Moving away from her brother, she tried to go to Reagan but she pulled away from her and started out of the kitchen.

Airleas.jpg

Reagan walked into the kitchen just in time to hear her name. She stood there and let the door slam behind her as she looked at the two. She was wet from head to toe, her hair was dripping wet and her clothes clung to her.

As Airleas tried to come over to her, she just put her hand up and began to walk away from her. Heading up the back stairs, she felt someone one grabbing her arm and turned and swung, only to have her fist caught in Lances hand. She started to pull away from him, but he was not letting go.

Reagan.jpg

Jed Noswal walked back down the walkway towards the Landing Field. It was raining fairly hard but he wasn't noticing it. He was in a state of shock. He hadn't let too many people get close to him, it was easier that way. But losing someone you respected like that... someone you called friend was never easy.

The grounds were beautiful, very well kept, in a manner similar to that on the Smugglers Moon. The large house was set up on a small rise overlooking the Landing field with a few smaller buildings around it. There were walkways, paths and small roads here and there. Beyond the Landing field was a small lake surrounded by trees. They were all in a sort of canyon, with small mountains completely walling the Estate in. Noswal's military training took note of the fact that crews were busy up on the summits of all the mountains installing upgraded weapons systems. He could just make out on one of the closest peeks the huge Turbo Laser Cannons and shield generators where only a day or two earlier there were trees and bare rock.

He walked the rest of the way downhill to the Landing field and waved at the guards patroling the area. The Captain had been given Full Clearence by the Lianahans and most of the guards knew him by sight from back on the Moon. He took note of the new Blast Doors that had been installed on the access tunnel that went under the hill that the Estate stood on. This tunnel he had been told lead to a vast network of underground workshops, small craft hangers, offices, storerooms and living quarters.

The Phoenix was parked off to the far left side of the field, awaiting his orders. He had onboard all the medical equipment, most of the repair gear from the Moons Hanger and shops. Even food, beer and other items from the Mess Hall. There were over 50 people onboard as well, refugees who had lost their homes... their workplace to the attacks. They too had lost a Boss that they all considered friend.

Well the BEST way to help people get over their sadness is to keep them busy. Before leaving for the small ceremony at the family burial plot he had instructed his crew to start to gather up everything and get it ready to move. He walked up the main ramp and into the front bay area. Most people were milling around, all tlaking at once, waiting for instruction, waiting to have a purpose again. Noswal walked over to a smaller cargo crate on the floor and with noticable pain hopped up on it. He took his earset from it's holder in his comm-link bracelet and signaled the R-7 droid Hu-E to put him on ShipWide address.

"Attention everyone... if I could have your attention please...." he spoke to the crowd, and those scattered throughout the large ship, "Thank you. I've been asked by the Lianahan family to extend their thanks to you for all that you've done for them over the years. For now the Moon is out of commission, we may NEVER go back there again. For now we just don't know. But that doesn't mean that we're out of business. FAR FROM IT!! There is enough room here for all those that wish to stay... and for those yet to arrive. We need to get this ship unloaded, and all the gear set up under the small mountain that the Estate rests on. There are living quarters there for all and plenty of work to do to get this place fully operational and functioning as well, if not BETTER then the Moon was itself."

The crowd was noticably UP at the prospect of still having a job and being able to do SOMETHING to help the family that had helped them for so long.

"So, everyone grab what you can. There are Cargo skids over there that can be loaded up, my crew will drive them to where they need to go. We better hurry though, as I double-checked the weather forecast and the rain is only going to get heavier."

The place came alive with activity as everyone pitched in and got the process started of unloading all the gear and other equipment to help make their new quarters.... home.

• starwars-a_long_time_ago.jpg