Felucia - Jedi Temple

handofthrawn

It took about an hour to get everyone assigned tents. We had gotten efficient over the past few weeks, and it was easy to process the new arrivals. Most of them stayed huddled together in family units, blank with suffering, many still in shock. I could usually offer them some warmth and hope, but not all were ready to receive it. So I helped who I could, and focused on logistics.

"All but one arrival are accounted for," my friend Lark told me. She had been working on keeping the meticulous records of who was who and where. A Cerean, she had an excellent head for administrative tasks. "Would you mind tracking him down? He came in on SoruSuub starfighter, but didn't check in."

I nodded. "Sure thing. I'll let you know when I find him. Name?"

"Mjan Sadow."

I nodded again and headed off through the camp. My search was focused on solo travelers, of which there were few. But none of the ones I ran across were this Mjan. Finally, I saw someone kneeling down handing bread to some Twi'lek children. After a moment, he rose and turned to face me. His facial features were familiar, and I tried to place his species, though I failed after a moment. It'd come to me later. "Are you Mjan Sadow?" I asked when I got close enough, knowing that I was likely butchering the pronunciation of his name, but trying anyway. "I'm Jedi Knight Aira Cadan. I've been looking for you. You didn't check in when you landed. I have a tent set apart for you in spot 5893. I can show you to it, if you'd care to follow me?" I motioned over my shoulder. Then suddenly, recognition flashed through my mind, sending it onto immediate alert. "Wait...you're a Sith, aren't you? I mean, a Sith Sith." I kept my voice low. Even mention of the word in a place like this could start a panic. I knew that not all members of the Sith species were members of the Sith Order, and this man's presence didn't feel particularly dark in the Force, but I knew I had to be on my guard.

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

As the raven skinned woman made her approached and questioned him of his name, Mjan bowed, his regal stature reminiscent of his upbringing upon Krayiss II as he tilted his head to suggest that he was indeed the Mjan Sadow she had been looking for. To his surprise, she had at first glance, not recognized his species as she spoke, giving the young Kassai a sense of relief. But as she turned and motioned him to follow, he sensed her sudden realization even as she turned to question, sending his own presence into a slight panic as his golden eyes grew large.

"Please... I mean you no harm. Yes, I am Tsis." He spoke in a deep, hushed tone, his hands waving toward her in an attempt to calm her alerted form. "I am here seeking asylum among your Order in hopes of being trained as one of your own."

Mjan began to question if this approach was the best or most logical approach to reveal his intentions so openly, especially considering that his kind weren't known to be peaceful beings. But it seemed this would be the only option that didnt likely end with him being arrested, or worse, exiled before he even held a single chance to understanding them. That was his agenda here after all. And he hoped that his lack of weapons would show the truth of his words along with the sincerity of his heart.

While it was true that he was indeed a member of the Tsis, or Sith Species, his Order had long been exiled and dismissed by the majority of those whom were of his kin, forcing them into hiding from persecution and genocide. There were those who knew of them, but even those were skeptical of association, which left his Order few and far in between, most of the members descendants of the originals. Their exile occurred long before the arrival of the Dark Jedi, and still remained a part of their long history even to this day.

"I am, or was, a Sorcerer of Tund, just as my father before me, and his father before him, dating back to our exile after the death of King Adas I." He spoke again, his deep tone still revealing his own fear and a hint of sadness due to the way he left his kind just a few weeks before. "I came in search of your Order to gain a better understanding of the Unified Force, the core belief of any Sorcerer of Tund. I feel in understanding the lightside, it will help me better understand the Force as a whole, and why our species have fallen into near extinction due to the corruption of the darkside."

His words rang true. He had indeed came seeking the Jedi for that very reason. He was a scholar by nature, intent to understand every bit of knowledge that he could grasp. But he wasn't like the others, even amongst his brethren, a kind soul whom felt compassion and sympathy where as most of his species held no ability. This was why, upon revealing his intent to find the Jedi, he was cast out of his Order and labeled a heretic, his only connection being blood and name.

"If you wish me to leave, then by all means, I will, understandably." He sighed, knowing full well what it would mean if he was asked to leave. But if asked, he would have no choice. This was his only chance. "But I assure you, my intent is true."

Mjan reacted strongly. Clearly, he had guessed that the presence of a Sith would send warning bells in the mind of a Jedi. But I sensed no guile or deception in him, and his words rang true in the Force. Fatigued as I was, I stammered, "Oh, you're not a refugee from Coruscant?" Relief was my first emotion, but surprise quickly followed it. "You came here actually seeking to be trained? Oh, well, then I guess you won't be needing a tent." I turned, then glanced back. "Oh, and of course you're welcome," I said, belatedly addressing his last statement. "Jedi aren't specieists." I shrugged. "If you really want to be trained, I'm sure it will be no issue. Well, I'll take you up to the temple. If you don't mind, I'll have a master verify your intent, and then we'll get you some quarters in the temple." I grabbed a piece of flimsy from my belt and scratched down my IFF code. Handing it to him, I added, "Just hop in your ship and follow me. I'll take you up to the temple."

Turning again, I headed off towards my ship. Perhaps I should have been more concerned about the possibilities that Mjan was a spy, but I trusted my instincts, and the man seemed to be genuine. Of course, I could be wrong. Even a master could be. I had heard that Master Lusef Aryan had turned out to be Vladimir Faust in disguise--a disguise that had fooled the entire Order for months. But we had survived that, and if it came down to it, we'd survive Mjan if he was playing us. But I didn't think it'd come down to that. I had no reason to mistrust him.

It was about a half hour flight from the camp to the Temple, a simple precaution that was necessary in these troubled times. I commed ahead and explained the situation as my ship was guided through the trapped canyon to a smooth touchdown on the landing platform at the far end of it. Jumping to the ground, I was glad to see Master Quin'dar striding out to meet me. I filled him in, and he agreed with my assessment, but also my desire to have Mjan's intent read by someone with a better understanding of the Force than I did.

A gust of wind blew back my hair and Master Quin'dar's headtails as the tractor beams activated, drawing Mjan's ship forward.

A sense of relief washed over Mjan as she spoke, her words comforting and kind, and in a sense, a bit of excitement poured from his form at the mentioning of him being welcomed. Truly, he hadn't expected such generosity, at least, for his kind. After all, his people, and what their name originated later on, had been nothing but a stain upon the Jedi Order for many a millenia. He had expected extreme caution and possibly outright paranoia. But as she handed him something with writing on it, having offered him to move into the Temple its self, his mind could never have fathomed such a casual reaction.

"Yes ma'am." He spoke as he turned back toward his ship, a smile of happiness and joy encompassing it as he did. He was truly going to be welcomed by the Jedi Order, an age old enemy of species, and possibly the last standing allies he had left after leaving his life as a Sorcerer behind in his quest to find the truth of the Unified Force. Today was truly a spectacular day for the young scholar indeed. It would take roughly about five or so minutes to return to his ship, but it passed rather quickly as Mjan thought about his future among the Jedi, momentarily stopping as he offered another bit of ointment to another refugee to help soothe the pain he felt from what appeared to be severe burns as he passed.

Once back at his ship, Mjan lifted his ship into the air and followed the ship before him. Entering the IFF code, he felt the ship being guided along a beautiful canyon, his gaze mesmerized by the flora he saw outside his viewport. Truly, he had never seen such a lush planet before, and a bit of him found himself pitying the others he had left behind, never granted a chance to see such sights. Helping pass the time, he thought back toward her words, most notiably the mention of refugees from Coruscant, which plagued him with more questions than anything. Yet, given what he knew of its history, it wasn't uncommon for folks to flee. Only that this many spelt serious consequences for the capital world. He would inquire about it later. But for now, he couldn't help but imagine what her other words spoke of, his life with the Jedi, and quarters within a Jedi Temple of all places. If only she could know what that meant to him.

As soon as his ship was grasped and brought in for a landing, a subtle sense of nervousness set in as the moment he would assessed drew closer. The female Jedi had seemingly welcomed him with open arms. However, as he left his ship and noticed an elderly Jedi, the thought of the age old grudge between them and those who were trained and took upon the name of his species did manage to creep back into his mind momentarily. Would he be as accepting as she was, or would the damage done countless times in the name of his species by both his brethren and those that associated themselves with the name of his kin hold too strong a grudge for many to overlook. This was a common thought for Mjan, almost as if he carried the guilt of his species and their dark past solely upon his shoulder because he was one who cared enough to regret.

Stepping forward for the assessment, his red robes adorned with golden spider silk embroidery flowed elegantly in the wind of the higher altitude, the darkened Phrik Pauldron that sat across his shoulders gleaming in the reflected sunlight as he presented himself. He remained steady, offering no resistance to the elderly Master as he began his tests. Only the nervousness remained, his gaze sitting solely upon the raven skinned human from before.

"Forgive my words from earlier, Jedi." He spoke in earnest once the elderly Jedi had concluded his assessment. "I wasn't trying to imply that you were speciests, especially considering that your Order has been known to have many species as members. But given the history of my own, and those of your enemy whom have taken our name as their philosophy, I was afraid that you would believe it to be a trick and that I would be seen as a threat rather than a potiential student."

I shook my head. "There is no offense. I understand." I gestured. "This is Master Quin'dar. Master, this is Mjan Sadow."

The old Twi'lek stepped forward. "You carry an ancient name, young one. One with an unfortunate history. But a being is judged upon his own actions, not those of his ancestors. Tell me, why do you wish to become a Jedi? And what have you already risked to pursue this path? What are you willing to surrender?"

Meanwhile, I remained quiet. As exhausted as I was, my curiosity was stronger, at least for the moment. I wanted to see what would happen.

"Thank you." Mjan replied with sincerity to the Jedi, bowing his head respectively to both she and the Elder Jedi she presented. He was beginning to sense an ease wash over his nervousness now as the Jedi spoke, simple questions, but ones he felt were necessary. "Yes, after my father, though unacquainted with the Sadow you are familiar with. When we were banished for our beliefs, some did not share in them and were allowed to remain. My full name is Mjan Sadow Iv-Adas."

When King Adas I died, many of the Kassai and Massassi felt the darkside were the cause of their downfall, turning to the belief that only through understanding the unified Force as a whole, could their kind be saved from self destruction, viewing both the dark and the light sides of the Force as justifications to further their philosophies. But Mjan had always wondered why, curious as to why his fellow Sorcerers shunned the Jedi as much as those who took up the Mantle of his species names aside from being outsiders. He was here to find out.

"Thank you Master Quin'dar." Mjan spoke in reply to his mention of one being judge by actions of himself rather than of his kin, as this was a hopeful sign. Stroking his chin, Mjan searched for the truth of his tale, and when he found the right words to tell of it, he spoke in earnest. "As I told the Jedi beside us, I am, or was, a Sorcerer of Tund. As you already know due to past encounters, we unlike our Sith brethren, nor are we like you of the Jedi. But even the lightside of the Force is shunned by our teachings of the unified Force, something I can not wrap my head around. Despite my Order's forebadement in seeking your Order out, as well as promise of banishment if I did, I need to know the truth. I was taught the dangers of the dark side all through my tutelage, and that the light side was just as false. But it's my belief that to truly understand the Force as a whole, I need to understand both on a scholarly level. I know what the dark side is capable of, as my ancestors have shown for millennia. But never has one touched the lightside and understood it."

Mjan stood silent for a moment as he let his words sink in and allow the Master Jedi to assess his words carefully. He was a scholar, pure and simple. Yet, he held no knowledge outside the few interactions between his Order and that of the Jedi as to why it was so forbidden to study. Was it truly as they believed it to be, simply a singular side of the whole? Or was there a deeper understanding to be found within? This is what plagued Mjan the most. This is why he took the banishment from his former Order and sought out the Jedi, hoping to one day return with the knowledge he gained and a better understanding. "This is why I stand before you, alone and unclaimed."

"So you seek knowledge, enlightenment," Master Quin'dar mused. "The pursuit of knowledge is important to Jedi, however, desire to learn about the light side of the Force does not equate to wishing to actually become a Jedi. Being a Jedi requires the deepest commitment--that of one's entire life and being. This temple is a place for those who wish to walk that path." He paused for a long moment, seeking out wisdom from the Force. "However, it is not in our nature to turn those away who are seeking knowledge. You may enter our temple, and have access to our teachings, however, I must tell you that there will be little actual training you will be able to receive if you do not wish to walk the path to become a Jedi Knight."

He turned to me. "Aira, please get Mjan entered into the system and show him where he can begin his studies. If the Force so guides you, perhaps you will allow this 'sorcerer' to come to you with questions."

I was taken aback, but shrugged. "Sure. I mean, as you wish, Master." As long as helping him doesn't mean putting off a good night's sleep. I beckoned to the Sith. "This way, then, Mjan."

We entered the temple, and began the process of getting Mjan into the system. His fingerprints and retinal scans were taken and put on file, he was asked to register his ship, and his ID card was copied and uploaded to the databanks. After all the details were taken care of, he was assigned a room on the second level. "Come on," I said, "I'll show you around."

We headed through the large atrium towards the pair of grand spiral staircases, and walked down a level. I liked this temple. Even though it was underground, it felt open and airy, and the Grandmaster had ensured that technology had been put to the best effect with all the large 'windows'. I explained the layout of the temple to Mjan as we walked. "And don't worry if you get lost. Everyone here is friendly, and you can always check an info terminal."

Once on the second level, I showed Mjan the cantina when we passed it, and then ended at his room. It was a double-occupancy room of the kind that hopefuls stayed in. "You're not exactly a hopeful," I said. "That's our term for those potential Jedi who haven't been chosen by masters yet. But it's as close as we're going to get. You'd normally share a room with another hopeful, but this one is empty at the moment, so unless someone else arrives, you'll have the place to yourself."

I pushed the button and opened the door. "Well, I guess that's it. Do you have any questions? If you want to get started, you should be able to access the basic level one files on that terminal," I said, pointing to the one in the room. "Otherwise, I could meet you in ten standard hours if you'd like."

"I see." Mjan spoke, the perplexity of the explanation written upon his face. As a Sorcerer on Tund, their knowledge and teachings were secrets to be hidden away and kept as closely as state secrets. But here, among the Jedi, knowledge and teachings seemed to be accessible by nearly anyone who inquired, yet training was forbidden? Couldn't one self train with enough knowledge of the art. This confused the Tsis very much, but seeing as the hour was growing late and Mjan had not quite adjusted to the time difference as of yet, he decided to save his inquiries for a later time, something both parties agreed up. As the raven skinned Jedi called Mjan to follow, he bowed his head and departed with words lingering upon the air for both involved. "Thank you Master Jedi."

As Mjan followed Aira into the temple, he marveled toward the architecture it beheld. At surface level, although beautiful, seemed a standard appearence for most of those coming and going, very few taking in the the sights as he was. But for Mjan, it felt like the beginning of a new chapter in life, the Tsis taking in all that senses were capable to absorb. Even the fingerprinting and retinal scans, the registering of his ship, everything about the entire experience, it was all new and completely captivating to him. His people held very little admiration nor patience for bureaucracy, but to experience it first hand, it was truly a sight to behold.

And this was just the first of many levels? Truly, Mjan would never have guessed toward such humble beings having such a knack for design. But neither should it have surprised him, even his kin capable of such majestic architecture despite their destructive nature, the Temples and Tombs of Korriban having stood for thousands of millennia. The Jedi, like his own heritage, had a long history, and it was highly expressed by the designs he laid his gaze upon. Stopping near the bottom of the spiral staircases, Mjan stopped and took in the completion of what he had been eyeing on his way down, the stone structures and murals that lined what used to be cavern walls. Forced from Tund, he wished he could have saw the great halls the Order once held. But that was when his father was but a boy, and Krayiss II was all he had ever knew.

Smiling when Aira spoke of his getting lost, Mjan began to follow the Jedi again as she gave him a grand tour. The life of a Jedi seemed to be a busy one, full of life and studies, a group of young Jedi nearly running him over during their walks, one turning to apologize before rushing off to catch up with his fellow students. This caused Mjan to stop a moment and remember his own youth. If only his Order could have been as active and open about their beliefs. Washing such a saddening thought from his mind, Mjan continued on behind his Jedi escort.

Once they arrived at his quarters, Mjan listened closely to her words, understanding that he was not considered what the called a hopeful due to his scholar approach. But he was thankful that they had even allowed him quarter in the first place, and took it as a sign of good faith. Stepping inside and looking around, he was amazed at how big it was, even the bed was larger than he had ever beheld. And despite its emptiness, it was larger than the quant building he called home for the entirety of his life before. Turning back toward Aira, Mjan spoke. "Thank you Jedi. Truly. I plan on taking advantage of the terminal here. So yes, I would like to meet up with you again, if only to voice the questions that come from my studies."

Without another word, Mjan turned toward the terminal and began activating it, slowly studying its contents. He didnt bother shutting the door, as he welcomed Aira to stay and watch him if she so wished, but for the most part, it would be boring as he scrolled through the archives he held access to like a child with a long awaited book, his focus solely on what he was learning. And for the most part, it was standard issued knowledge that most hopefuls had learned by their teens. But for Mjan, it was as fresh as finding a time speaking of a lost civilization, and he poured hours into his studies on the subjects he was granted access to.

As time progressed, he finally began to understand what the elder Jedi had meant, as the Jedi were originally an order of scholars just as he was, their forefathers holding a similar belief system to his own. Despite having taken up a more militant role over the last few millennia, they were, at their base core, seekers of knowledge. And this intrigued the young Tsis. Yet, their view of the Force had long ago altered toward the lightside during the war with the exiles who came to Korriban and eventually assimilated into their culture and gave rise to Sith Order, a reason why the species chose to take of the name of their native language, Tsis.

But some things still plagued Mjan as he stopped for a moment to brew a pot of tea. What was the lightside ot the Force and why was training in it so deeply guarded? He understood his own Order's reasoning, as if they were found out, it would end in the destruction of their Order. But the Jedi were thousands, if not millions where as the Sorcerers of Tund were but hundreds. While it was true that their teachings differed, the results were the same. They would commit their lives to understand it, and if they were felt to stray from a neutral understanding, it simply ended in banishment or exile. Such was the lure of the darkside.

Sipping his tea, Mjan contemplated this dilemma. He was now an outcast among his own simply by deciding to seek out the Jedi and learn of the lightside in order to understand the unity of the Force, a fundamental core of his kind. Yet, the Jedi were, in all essence, the same as his own Order. Or seemed to be at least, save for their stance on battling the darkside in the name of peace and defense. Mjan's former Order simply chose to remain unknown, a possible explanation as to why their kin still hung so tightly to the darker nature. Growing frustrated, Mjan climb upon the large bed, its comfort almost too pleasant as he entered his nightly meditations, the chants capable of being heard clear down the halls.

After about an hour, Mjan climbed from the bed and stretched, his mind and body calm and focused once again as he returned to the terminal, delving deeper into the Jedi's philosophy and standing. It was here that he began to see the pattern. The lightside was the the fundamental truth of the Force, as all Jedi were taught to focus to remaining neutral and following the guiding of the Force. But as two sides of the coin, there was also the chance of what the Jedi considered falling to the darkside by means of selfishness and gain. This, although similar to his former Order, was not taught as a Sorcerer of Tund.

As a Sorcerer of Tund, it was taught that all users of the Force were capable of selfishness and gainful means, whether light or dark. Mjan, himself, was taught that the lightside was in honor and glory for ones self and that through defense of the weak, was meant to place themselves above one another. But the same could be said about the darkside, though, their means were achieved by carelessness and tryanny. However, the Jedi seems to care little for glory or honor, but rather followed the Force's will to find and restore balance by fighting the oppression of those whom were prosecuted by the darkside.

And it was in that moment, Mjan began to truly understand the unity of the Force as a whole. Without light, there can not be dark, nor could there be light without the dark, as neither would exist without the other, a balance of scales. Even in the periods when the Sith seemed to be extinct, when prosperity and peace were abundant, the darkside came to challenge the light in one form or the other, a constant need for the Jedi Order required to maintain the balance, just as seen in the law of nature.

Deactivating the terminal, Mjan turned in for the night, finding the comfortable bed overtaking him quickly despite the questions and thoughts that ran amuck within his mind. And when morning came, Mjan well rested, he awaited Aira's return.

I slept fitfully that night, and was extremely reluctant to get out of bed when my alarm chimed. "Kriff this," I muttered, rubbing my hands over the back of my neck to try to massage out some of the tension there. My shower helped me wake up a little, but I was still pretty groggy, and knew that it would be best if I stuck around the temple today. Putting on a fresh clean tunic and a long skirt, I didn't bother with my boots, but instead slipped on some soft canvas shoes before heading out of my room.

The temptation to swing by the cafeteria for some caf was strong, but I had promised Mjan I'd meet up with him, and I figured the Sith would want breakfast too. So I made my way to his quarters and rapped on the door. "Mjan? You awake? Wanna get some breakfast?"

As Aira knocked, Mjan's door opened, the Tsis cross legged upon the bed as his presence swirled about the room like leaves upon a drizzling pond, an aura of absolute peace and tranquility flowing within the wake of its ripples. He opened one his wyes and graced the Jedi with a smile before fully opening them and crawling down from upon the bed and meeting her as she entered.

"Sure. I would love to have breakfast." He spoke, his deep tone almost as soft as a whisper as he gathered his satchel and exited the room, offering her to lead. He had much to ask her on their way, but would wait until after they've eaten and completely woke up. "What would you recommend?

When they arrived at the cafeteria, Mjan followed the raven Jedi through the motions of gathering their breakfast, taking up what she had recommended, acknowledging some of the gazes that were sent in his direct with humble bows of his head, and made his way toward the table where she had chosen to sit. In truth, Mjan still felt out of place and subconsciously felt a little intimidated. But he knew questions and wonderment would be a constant outside of Krayiss II and Sith space. He would have to get used to it.

For someone like Mjan, his manners almost appeared regal as did his stature, even his etiquette was almost noble, and quite the surprise. He didnt chew his food with his mouth open, he used the proper silverware for what his meal called for, and even packed the sides of his mouth clean as he finished his meal and set his plate to the side before he spoke again.

"Oh. I almost forgot!" He said quickly, rustling through his bag and pulling out a small scarf, knitted from black silk with white runes embroidered into its ends and capped with small tied frizzles. "A small thank you gift for yesterday."

It wasn't much a gift considering all that she had done, as it was small, hand knitted by Mjan himself just a few months ago as he thought of taking this journey. But to him, it seemed to befit her and the generosity she had shown him just the day before and even now. Sipping on the small cup of coffee he had gathered with his breakfast, he turned to her with a serious gaze.

"From what I researched of your Order last night, I must confess that the similarities between our two sides are quite fascinating. As a Sorcerer of Tund, we are nothing more than Scholars and seekers of Knowledge, much like that of your own origins." As he spoke, the logical side of him poured out and before he knew it, he began rambling on. "It wasn't until the formal formation of the Jedi Order that your views shifted toward what you consider the lightside, despite my Order viewing the same as the Unified Force, listening and understanding its will without regard to one's own views, selflessness and compassion at the the forefront."

Recognizing he had began to ramble, Mjansimply chuckled, running his left hand down the backside of his hair in embarrassment. "Forgive me Master Jedi. I sometimes get too caught up in discussions. What I'm trying to say, is though our Orders are separate, their seems to be a similar core in each of our belief systems, and that after yesterday, I've made up my mind. I wish to become a Jedi."

Mjan studied her expression as he ended his words, hoping he hadn't waited too long in making his decision. "If the offer is still available, that is?"

No sooner had we sat down than Mjan started chattering away. I hid my smile at his enthusiasm. Then he presented me with a black scarf, woven of fine silk. My eyebrows shot up. "Mjan, you don't have to give me anything," I protested. "I didn't do anything." But my fingers closed over the soft fabric anyway. "Thank you," I said after a moment, this time showing my smile. "What do the runes mean?"

And then he was off again, delving into philosophy and the differences between our orders. I gave a mental chuckle. He's clearly a morning person. "Many Jedi believe in the unifying Force as well," I commented off-hand. "Though I'm unclear as to exactly what the distinctions are between our views. I'm not sure it really matters."

Mjan chuckled, then announced his decision. I was surprised. "Becoming a Jedi is a big step," I cautioned. "It's a difficult path to walk, and even if you succeed, it's a hard life. It's about sacrificing yourself for the good of the galaxy, and for the good of another being. It's not just an ideology, but a lifestyle, and not one to be entered into lightly. I know when I joined, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Not that I regret my path, but it is a heavy burden oftentimes. A simple philosophy isn't enough to help one stand through the twists and turns and doubts that this path entails, or to protect you from the temptation to do what you think is right but may not be the will of the Force." My lips quirked. "I'm not trying to dissuade you, I just want to make sure you know what you're asking."

As their ship reverted from hyperspace, Adenna contemplated the situation they were in. She had never been to the exotic jungle planet, but had heard some about it. She had wondered why the Jedi would establish a sizeable base here, but perhaps it was part of a grander plan she wasn't privy to. Stretching out to get a sense of the planet, she couldn't help but admit it was vibrant with life, though that life wasn't purely of the light. It had tinges of the dark, but it was a natural feeling. This was a place that was healthy, in balance, and full of potential. A smile graced her lips as she thought, Frond will love this place.

There were other Jedi here. Scans indicated a small Jedi fleet in orbit including a large capital ship, and defenses began to register as they got closer to their destination. That brought her comfort knowing that there were other Jedi and that there was at least some level of protection for those here. There was a lot that needed to be done when they arrived. The Padawans needed to be guided through the last parts of building their lightsabers, and more intensive training needed to begin. She and Tobias needed to find the Grandmaster and figure out where they could best be used to aid the Order. There was also the issue of seeing what was going to be done on Coruscant.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Mjan simply smiled at her words. He had thought it over many times the night before, and only came to one conclusion. There was only a singular distinct difference between the two Order's views, and it was what made the difference. It was one he agreed with while heartedly, not as a Sorcerer of Tund, but as himself. And he sat before her prepared to shed the past he had always know due to this factor. Where the Sorcerer's of Tund refused to act against his kin, their beliefs and philosophy, the Jedi had been the ones who chose to act in hopes of changing the darkness that plagued his people and those who eventually took their native name as their own. Now, as one of them, he hoped to set an example for those like him to follow.

"Truly, I understand. And I thank you for your honesty" He spoke, the smile still upon his face as he placed the cup to his lips, indulging in another sip before bringing it back down into the grasp of his red skinned hands. "However, it's time one of us walked this path. For too long we've focused solely upon ourselves, hiding our heritage in the shadows to save face. As a Sorcerer of Tund, it is my duty to fulfill our original goal of ridding our kin of the darkness that plagues my species. If I can achieve this in myself, as a Jedi, then I will open the door for many to follow through."

With that, Mjan finished his drink and began gathering his things and the empty dishes before him. "Is féidir liom a bheith i láthair ag an bhfórsa, ag treorú mo lámha agus ag cuimhneamh orm, ionas nach mbeidh an dorchadas ag fás." He said with a chuckle as he rose with the plates and cup grasped in his hand. "Loosely translated, it means 'I can be present at the force, guiding my hands and remembering me, so that darkness does not grow'."

Tobias lay there, like a rock in a steam- the Force itself was a soft current over him. Shaping his existence over time. Sometimes overwhelming his being and pushing him down the stream to where he would eventually settle forever. The stream itself was usually calm and cool with a steady flow. Today however, in this place, in this flood of post-battle emotions and fallout- it was fast and murky with several chunks of large debris. He knew he was going to be pushed further downstream; his inevitable destination closed faster. His death. Like a rock being pushed through its life down from the mountain, into the stream, down the stream to a river and from the river to an ocean and at the bottom of the ocean and eventually broken back down into the atoms that once had formed it.

Tobias had spoken with Kota and then after some rest- their lessons would begin. That is why he lay in his bed naked, save for the towel wrapped around his waist. He lay there with his eyes closed almost asleep, still moist from his sanisteem. Focusing on his breathing, he drew it in slowly and held it for five seconds then slowly let it out. His powerful chest rising and falling. Scars across his abdomen and shoulders flexed with the movement. The spike Sandy had dug into his right shoulder during their training duel; the opposite shoulder was host to another would that had caused him to keep it splinted for a few weeks- a wound from Kashyyyk. Where his right kidney would be: remnants of a blaster burn. His left side had a scar as if someone had cut long enough to bring out a lung. These wounds were as close to invisible as they would ever get, he had faced each one and was still alive. For now.

Refocusing with the Force- he tried to see what the flow was going to bring him. Flashes of a battle yet to be fought, a celebration on a world windswept by strong currents of the atmosphere reacting to its orbit, he was on a dark world blood running down his arms and was looking at two red and one yellow lightsaber yet he was alone, he was falling towards a castle with Jedi on either side of him, a corvette burying itself into a Star Destroyer. Just as he was seeing these images that he was getting used to- he saw Dahar’s hut once again. He was walking towards it in the waist high grass that was there; there was a girl that was walking out of the shack, she couldn’t be anymore than three years old. She held a stuffed toy in her hand, which she clutched to her chest as tears rolled down her face. For reasons unknown, Tobias felt sad to see the girl in such a state; she was part of his world now and he wanted to make her happy. As he got close to her he held out his left hand- which was clearly a robotic prosthetic- and she sniffled. She opened her mouth and said one word that had several effects on Tobias both in the dream like state he was in, and in the real world. Tobias sat up with such speed he doubted if someone watched him they would have seen the movement. His heart was racing now and he rotated his head to see if the little girl had followed him from the dream to here. There was no evidence she did and Vos sighed, trying to let the memory slide away. It wouldn’t go away forever, what the girl had said would torment his mind for a good bit.

A touch reluctantly, he put the thought aside and rose to get dressed; trying to put the girl out of his mind. Tobias focused on the here and now. Mentally he groaned. He was not looking forward to being in one place for too long. Hopefully they would be able to get off of Felucia soon, Tobias wondered what exactly would happen- who was here and who wasn’t. Hopefully some progress could be made on the grand-scheme of things.

With a groan, he got up and made himself presentable. Adenna had gone out to make sure the descent to Felucia was smooth and judging from the rocking of The Prisms’ landing gear, they had. With his Jedi Robes still hung in the small locker in the cabin, he pulled out a shirt, overshirt, and a jacket. Not because it was cold, it was just his normal attire. Typical of the Coursant Under World, but the bounty hunter garb was his customary- and he wasn’t allergic to the fabric. Kota, however, would need some Jedi Robes. So would Aurora… Frond too…Tobias chuckled at the latter, but lamented the former two. He had a task set before him.

With a sigh, he pulled his hair back into a ponytail, his hair already in the initial stages of dreadlocks. He had missed his hair something fierce. During his early years they were imperative of smuggling small supplies to and from wherever her ventured. Food or combat supplies, it was there. Even a smoke bomb was useful as a hairtie. Idly, he eyes went to the base of his cane… which was in fact a variety of weapons all molded into one utensil.

Dressed and ready to go to the temple now, Tobias grabbed his cane, a regular lightsaber, and his satchel; which housed datapads commlinks and a variety of other goodies. Halfway to the boarding ramp he spotted Adenna and made his way to her.

“Thanks for taking care of the landing.” He kissed her cheek and put his left hand on her right forearm. “I suspect we will be busy for a few days.” His fingers interlaced with hers. He narrowed his eyes- examining hers. He was silent for a moment as he studied her face. There was something he wanted to say, but they all needed to make their way to the temple to address the business at hand. This would be one of the last moments they would spend alone for a while, so he let his observations slide away. She knew what he was going to say anyways, he summed it up though. “I love you, Adenna. More and more every day.”

He kissed her hand that was connected to his and let it go. He winked at her and cracked a lop-sided grin. Tobias couldn’t take anything too seriously for long, especially with these soft touchy-feely emotions. As he turned away he chuckled a bit, “I suppose we should gather up the younglings and head to the temple…”

Ficcabin awoke with a scream as he fell out of the bunk. The sheer panic of what he felt in the Beyond Shadows had carried over into his waking mind. For a moment he rapidly breathed on the floor, barely able to collect his thoughts. He attempted to stand but his muscles gave out before him, not ready after such a long period of inactivity. So instead Ficcabin breathed and collected himself.

Ok, it’s all right bonehead, just a bad dream. That was just some elaborate dream the tree did to you Ficcabin glanced and saw that the tree being was still in its trance, like Ficcabin was earlier. Soon he would awaken and Ficcabin could question him about what just happened. There was no way any of that happened.

Then he realized he was gripping something.

Ficcabin opened his palm slowly, revealing the perfect cloudy cube. Its cooling touch on his palm confirmed that it was real in his hands. Its scratches were identical to what he had studied at the lake with the souls. It was perfectly geometrical, as it artificially cut, but showed signs of natural makings. And as Ficcabin calmed down, thinking a few prime numbers to help, he could feel its questioning presence.

The Givin's mind raced trying to explain how this was possible as he breathed out a confused and disoriented Impossible. Perhaps the tree had slipped it into his hand, but why didn't he feel it? Maybe another one of these 'Jedi' slipped it to him, but then how had he dreamt it so perfectly well? His thoughts only led back to one conclusion over and over again, no matter what scientific reasoning he applied: It had happen. He had been somewhere else. But that was impossible, wasn't it?

Perhaps I have entered a new world after all...

and not just the realm Beyond Shadows either. Ficcabin thought for the first time silently to himself, not sure if he wanted it to be true.

No matter. Food for thought later. A settled mind could make more sense of this, though he wasn't sure if his mind would ever be settled enough for these discoveries. For now he needed to get up. Ficcabin attempted to stand again, but fell again quickly, resulting in him giving up that task alone. His body felt exhausted, like he had held his breath too long and needed nutrients to replace what he had used up.

Frond? Frond wake up! Ficcabin said loudly. He wondered if the tree would wake again. Was he experiencing something that he himself had not? After all, something woke Ficcabin up prematurely it seemed.

Hello? Ficcabin called out, wondering if the two were still on Illum or someplace else. Um, your tree....Frond! Um, he is not waking up and um, I'm having trouble getting up! Hello?

Hopefully these Jedi had some food for the body; his mind was full enough at the moment. And hopefully the tree would wake up soon.

MX8p3j4.png

Kel bowed his head in turn, to both master Tobias and master Adenna. "Thank you for your kind words master Tobias. You're both right. In hind sight, I should have given more thought to what is currently happening on Coruscant. A moon falling out of it's orbit like that...Druk, the galaxy is more fragile than one would believe isn't it?"

Soon enough our ship exited hyperspace and we found ourselves back on Felucia. Despite having only been there for a couple of days, this world held a special place in Kel's heart as the starting point of his journey. When the ship landed, Kel was about to exit the ship when he heard a call from Frond and Ficcabin's room. Now that he thought about it, Kel had not seen Frond or Ficcabin since they had departed Ilum had the two of them stayed in that room the entire time? Frond was no doubt alright since he needed only needed light, but the givin would no doubt be starving by now. when he opened the door he found Frond in a trance like state and ficcabin unable to get up. "You look like you're about to keel over. Come on, we're at the Felucian temple. You can get some grub at the cantina." Kel said while offering his hand as support for the starving givin. "And don't worry about Frond. From what he's told me and master Sarna, he's been doing this a very long time. He'll wake up when he's good and ready." Kel said.

5V8Toxy.png

Carefully, Frond opened his eyes in the cramped quarters aboard the ship. Even under the ultraviolet light that had been rigged up by Tobias’ droids, Frond felt decidedly drained, as a tree that was blossoming for the first time after a long hard winter. This was not a comfortable feeling and one that Frond was quite grateful he did not often experience when returning from walking Beyond Shadows.

As he looked up, Frond watched his friend and brother, Kel Koon, assisting the Givin, his newfound friend and brother, Ficcabin Yule, up and out. Standing, Frond’s body creaked and cracked, his wooden internal rings crying out for water, his leaves starting to curl for want of sunlight. Carefully, he reached down seeing something glinting between the bunk and the wall of his temporary room. With the surety of a creeping vine, he reached down, and snaked the small coin out from the fissure, holding it up into the light.

Frond knew he would strengthen as they moved, the brilliant Felucian sun beating down upon his foliage. He just needed to get outside.

”For me brothers wait!”

He cried aloud as he lurched after the duo, coin in hand. As they began to walk, Frond thought back to Ficcabin’s questions before they had returned from their journey,

”Provides The Force where the being falters physical. Brother Ficcabin The Force Embrace. The Temple Jedi use to carry it yourself. Your body find craves the nourishment. Go Mistress Sandy and find we then must. Whilst communing a vision beside the Pool of Knowledge I saw Brother Kel.”

”before your question, Beyond Shadows. Like is The Force this coin.”

Turning the coin over so that each side caught the light momentarily, he continued,

”Side one is power, darkness and death. The other, knowledge, light, and life.

One cannot be without the other. They exist because the other exists. One must be equal to the other or the coin bends and eventually breaks. Good and bad however are not on either side.”

Slowly he spun the coin between his viney finger-like appendages allowing it to rap audibly across his knotted knuckles.

” Are throughout they. Darkness in is there good. Good in is there light. Evil as just there is too both in.”

Looking at Kel, Frond smiled,

” Your lightsaber completed you have Brother Kel?

Patting his chest, he continued,

”Still is mine growing.”

XQ19Jfm.png

As Ficcabin was helped up, he could barely hold his surprise. In fact, he couldn't help but verbalize it.

"Felucia? Isn't that the jungle planet? Odd place to have a temple, and so far out of the way. Course I guess that explains why I haven't found you Jedi before Illum right?" Truth be told, Ficcabin had never visited it, and only heard of it described by smugglers and traders. Not much besides lots of flora and fauna and some odd natives. A beautiful but deadly environment if he remembered correctly. Perfect for the warrior poets of other species, but for the Givin species it held little value so information about it was rare.

"Still, food sounds amazing right now. The value of food at this time is greater than but not equal to the value of x, with x being..." Ficcabin stopped himself and inwardly groaned and berated himself for being so rude. "Under Zero, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Ficcabin Yule, a scientist if you will. A scientist and... say, you are a Kel Dor aren't you? Pleasure to meet you master Jedi. If the Kel Dor hadn't been helping him, Ficcabin would've given a bow of greetings. Ficcabin was actually pleased to meet a Kel Dor. He had found that the Kel Dor race were very peaceful and always held up a bargain, and traveling to their planet was always an exciting though rare ride. Their planet was a unique oddity to him, with the deadly gases, strange weather patterns and black holes. Given time and a breathing place, a Givin would feel almost at home.

"I must admit, that Frond, he is a unique individual. I never have met anything like him before, in a good way mind you. Trees that can talk...is his.. Ficcabin struggled for the right word.

...species something the Jedi encounter... Ficcabin was interrupted by the shouting of the subject of his talk. Seeing Frond walking made Ficcabin feel a bit better. As Frond began to explain more about the Force using the coin, Ficcabin nodded. He listened but not as well as he could. The entire ordeal had taken so much out of him and the place...he was sad not to be feeling that overwhelming peaceful presence he had felt in the beyond shadows. Still, he tried to understand.

"So in other words, morality doesn't enter the equation known as the force, but only what is assigned to it. The light isn't necessarily good, and the dark isn't necessarily bad. But the light and the dark are on opposite sides of the equation and thus must equal. Its not my assumption of the force equals the light and the dark together... Ficcabin nodded to himself as he thought this over.

"Interesting" After Frond patted his wooden chest, Ficcabin looked at the Kel Dor who was helping him. "Is this what all Jedi think?"

MX8p3j4.png

Adenna smiled warmly at Tobias. "I love you too," she said, then added with a wink of her own, "even if you might need a bit of a shave." She agreed with getting the apprentices to the temple, though found it amusing to consider a sentient tree thousands of years old a "youngling." Still, she needed to find out what was going on here. Too long, she had been out of the loop, so focused inward on her own struggles and her viewpoint tainted by the madness that fought to control her. It was not exactly a pleasant feeling, but she figured she could probably catch up to speed fairly quickly.

Upon going into the temple and receiving verification of her identity, she inquired about who all was here. There weren't any Council members present, though there was a sizeable fleet in orbit. Adenna immediately began sending out messages to Grandmaster Trevelian and the rest of the Council requesting instructions about where they could use her and Tobias. While she waited responses, she began digesting all the information she could about what was going on in the Galaxy.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

"Well then, you'll need a teacher. How about me?"

The words slipped out before I knew what I was saying, and they astonished me. I hadn't been looking for a new apprentice. I had been content to train Aelyn and leave it at that, especially since I was vaguely planning to apply for a position in the fleet. But the words felt like there was weight behind them, and I knew they were the will of the Force. If Mjan accepted, I'd have a padawan again. You certainly know how to pick 'em, I thought, though not unkindly.

Kel chuckled at the givin's ramblings. "It's alright. My name is Kel Koon. And like Frond, I am a padawan learner under master Sarna's tutelage." Kel said. as we exited the ship, Frond caught up to us and we continued our walk to the cantina. Frond mentioned seeing master Sarna about a vision he had. "It can wait until we get to the cantina. Besides, there are few things you two need to be clued in on. A lot has transpired while we were away..." Kel said in a foreboding tone.

The three of us boarded the turbo lift and went down the to the temple atrium. the grand stair cases and paintings of other races adorning the pillars filled the room with a sense of austerity that he never grew tired of. Along the way to the stair case Frond asked if Kel had managed to complete his saber. "Well, Yes and no. while I do have the necessary parts for a standard Saber, there were not enough parts on master Tobias' ship for the kind of saber I intended to create. So I decided to hold off on building it until I could get more parts. This way I can build a saber that is truly my own."

The three of us descended the stair case to the temple's first level and went towards the entered the cantina. Kel procured a table for his fellow padawan and their acquaintance and began recounting the events relayed to him by Master Tobias. "The Galaxy has entered dire straits while we were on Ilum. Some how, one of Coruscant's moons Fell from it's orbit and collided with the planet. And right now, the ship yards of Kuat is under siege. The reason we returned to felucia, is so that we could receive aid from Jedi council. In all likely hood, we could soon be called into battle my brother."

5V8Toxy.png

As Aurora laid within the bulkhead asleep, a strange swirling sound began to cause her ears to stir. The noise, like a buzz of a fruit fly yet harmonise, whirled about with an occasional tink as it impacted the steel that surrounded her and caused her eyes to flutter open. A strange aqua like hue illuminated the area she had confined herself within, and despite the heartache that still pounded heavily within her chest, a sense of ease and a chuckle erupted from her lips as she realized it was the small crystalline tear she had plucked from her face after awakening.

"Almost thirty millennia?" She questioned as she sat up, the small crystalline tear landing within the cusp of her hand, its pulsating glow beating rhythmic as it sat there, an aura within almost tugging at her to cheer up. "But it's not like I had anything waiting for me anyways."

The small crystal whirled almost as if in agreement as it returned to its sleeping state, Aurora placing it in her pocket and hoping down onto the floor below. Looking around, she saw some of the others begin to walk past, mentioning a planet called Felucia as she felt the ship land once again. Silently to herself, she wondered how long she had been out, mentally making a joke toward another thirty thousand years before she started making her way to the common room where she was earlier. This is where she encountered Tobias just as his conversation ended.

"Do you mind if I tag along? I need fresh air, and if you said was true, I really need a reason to stretch my legs and see for myself." Aurora spoke, her tone slightly different due to her restlessness, but still soft as a gentle breeze, revealing the ache that still plagued her. Yet, despite the hurt she was feeling, there was strength in her as well. "If so, I'll need some gear, mainly a set of boots depending on the planets environment."

Ky4xNb5.png

"Forgive me, my mortal kin, for I knew not what I did."

The moment Ficcabin entered the temple he was less in awe and more pleasantly surprised at all the artwork around. He never fully developed an appreciating for the arts, but even he recognized some of the good work around. It appeared that the Jedi temple was accepting of almost all races, which, alongside them helping him off Illum, boded well for him. However, when he realized that there surely was so much information to be found here, he became a bit giddy. Anyone could easily notice his step flowed with some more energy now. It almost made him forget that his question wasn't answered. Almost.

When the three sat down, Ficcabin looked at the food eagerly. Producing a few credits, he found that the food they served was almost similar to what he would've eaten at home. Succulent meats of both domestic and wild beasts such as nerf flank and mynock tail, fruits dripping with juice that was mixed with herbs, leaves of the most deliciously prepped with sauces and oils, all with a perfect creamy liquid of unknown origin. If Ficcabin could smell, he would've forgotten all manners completely and dived in without hesitation. However he settled instead with taking large bites between looking at his newfound friends. With each bite, Ficcabin felt a surge of energy grow within him. His insides were busy at work, replenishing what was lost in Shadow Beyond.

Oh, if only the scientists at Yag'Dhul could see me now the Givin smirked to himself, a bit of Fungus Ale dripping down onto his flight suit.

However, even the enjoyable foods couldn't keep his spirits up at the mention of Coruscant. As he listened to Kel's talk about the moon crashing into the city planet, Ficcabin slowly stopped. His face was emotionless, but the energy that was only recently recovered vanished like morning mists in the sun, revealing the dead sadness underneath. That vision still slightly lingered, like puss in a wound. Ficcabin had been momentarily sedated by the overwhelming peace of the Beyond Shadow, and the fact that he was in a new situation no scientist had ever been in before kept him distracted. One wasn’t instantly used to the fact that visions could perfectly mirror a horrible maddening reality.

"Well that is a mighty troublesome situation, like finding the exact percent of what 1/3 is" Ficcabin quickly spoke in a manner imitating a joking mood. "Here I am just meeting you Jedi and already you talk of going away to battle. Are you Jedi always on the move or do you actually sleep too?

Ficcabin gave a few half-hearted chuckles and then looked away from the two, pretending to be distracted by the people around him. Truthfully, he was trying his best not to calculate how many people died in the last few hours. And he didn't want the two to realize that he was failing even that.

MX8p3j4.png

Frond followed along until he could make sure that his newfound comrade and fellow planar traveller had a plate full of what he could only assume was nourishing food. In all his years, he had never grown accustomed to the eating habits of fauna-based life forms.

Looking Kel up and down, Frond offered a warm wooden smile, placing a hand on his shorter fellow apprentice’s shoulder.

”Right are brother you. Us the galaxy needs. Rise to the darkness is continuing. We Jedi as, contain must it. Force to have it we back, not but succumb. Need fight to you them brother. The light defend. Find must I Master Sandy go. Darkness of a had vision I overtaking screams unseen.”

Turning to look from Kel to Ficcabin, he continued,

”WE grow brothers in the light must. Brother Kel, your saber finish; be the waves in the darkness of light. Brother Ficcabin, up eat. See I Master Sandy go will. Are find come me you when done. To wish about you learn The Force if, too must darkness you incarnate see.”

Frond gently squeezed Kel’s shoulder with a reassuring pressure, whispering,

”the brother find balance.”

Then he turned and slowly began to shuffle across the durasteel floor of the cafeteria. His barky feet and dragging leafy cloak scrapping gently on the ground behind him with a hiss. As he reached the doorway, he turned once again and offered a warm smile,

”Ficcabin Yule, a ship we need. Guide The Force will us.”

Outside the cafeteria, Frond shuffled down the hallways of the Temple he had started out upon his Jedi path in. Inwardly, his mind mused over the vision he had seen. Having returned to the physical world, he was struggling to shake the vision. Even here, nestled deep in the bosom of the light side of The Force, Frond could not help but feel the pressing of the darkness at the edges of his mental vision. He needed to regain the balance, even if it required him to unbalance himself. Still there was hope. Nestled deep within his very heartwood, amongst the growing wooden core and flowing sap, his body, guided by the unseen fingers of The Force and the vision of an aged crystal, handed down over the ages, his symbol of Jedi-ness continued to form, growing around the cracked crystal and crystalized seed that radiated a power bathed in a dark glow. The mingling of light and darkness, power and knowledge, desire and passion, peace and conflict churned. With any hope, the saber would be completed by the time they made it to whatever unnamed world clad in yellow fog and dying trees, it would be done and he could use it to stand against the dark worm.

Ascending the lift back to the surface, Frond stepped out into the powerful radiating sunbeams of Felucia’s sun. Frond paused for a moment and just stood there, allowing the warm sunlight to bathe his leaves in their nourishing breathe. Frond stood there for several minutes, just existing in the moment, allowing his mind to follow the many tendrils of light that represented countless Jedi and seekers of the light in and around the vast Jedi facility as the sun beat down on him, slowly replenishing the nourishment he had lost while Beyond Shadows and aboard the accursed ship.

As he stood there, the Neti could sense the approach of his the Jedi Knight who had volunteered to train him, Sandy Sarna. Opening his eyes, he could see her making her way towards the temple through the trees.

A warm smile crept across his face. He had not had much time to talk to her since they had departed the temple on their mission before. Still, the young human female had been instrumental in helping Frond onto his current path. Raising a tendrilled hand high into the air, he waved to get Sandy’s attention.

”Master Sandy! Much seems our travels transpired has it in. Ficcabin Yule found the skeleton seeking I have is The Force to understand. Fascinating is he most. Throughout the darkness this realm is rising. It we stop must. Upon my growth saber of the meditating whilst, a vision had I, The Pool of Knowledge beside. Off a land saw far I. Filled my sickened and dead was brethren nonsentient it with. Fog was yellow shrouded choking it. Hear unseen that cries from came not I within the fog. Worm eyeless writhed over a shadowy screams these. Leeched the work the power the screams from. Their seeks it power. Seek a end the screams only peaceful. It around all, urging this stop felt dark worm the I to. Destroy the worm seeks is light that all to. This The Force me calls confrontation to.”

Frond found himself rambling as the thoughts of his vision formed into words and he tried to explain what he had seen. The dark worm writhing over the glimmering screaming beacons of light surrounded by dead and dying trees and enveloped in yellow fog.

XQ19Jfm.png

Thwack

The Kirilian cedar pole splintered under the assault, and the next five quick strikes finished the job. Each blow landed and though there was pain from the closed fist strikes, they only focused her more on the task at hand. Sandy’s eyes were narrowed to emerald slits as she fought both the cedar poles that jutted from the training room floor and her own broiling emotions. Though it was unhealthy, the pain brought both into full clarity in her mind, and so she continued her routine, striking the poles like they were the masks of Sith troopers as sweat poured down her face and the salt pained her eyes. One cedar pole snapped and she moved to the next, ducking and weaving as she struck at the pole with her bare knuckles, touching the force lightly to absorb the pain from the blows and unleash it through her strikes.

They were angry strikes. Angry at the fate of her friends inthe Remnant, angry that she could do nothing about it. She had been collecting crystals like an idiot as the best hope for the galaxy fell to the shadows of the Sith. The Damned sith.

She struck again and finally a knuckle split with a flash of pain. It was only then that she stepped back and fully opened her green eyes. She was covered in sweat and even her short workout clothes were almost waterlogged. She breathed in a painful breath and pulled her bright long hair back over her shoulders, securing it with a tie of silver cord. Her fingers brushing over the long braid that she also tucked behind her ear. A braid covered in beads and tokens from her years as an apprentice. A traditional thing to cut off at the end of an apprenticeship, but she had never thought to do it. It had been there for six years, since she was an angry eleven year old acoyte on Gala. A lot had happened since then, and a lot had been taken from her. Innocence, friends, allies, masters. All had passed like the wind to disappear over the horizon of time.

She was likely the youngest knight in the Jedi Order, and it still shamed her, maybe that's why she kept that silly little braid that she had grown and adorned over the years. Or perhaps it was its own little shrine toto something she could never take back. She licked her lips and tasted the salt of sweat and let out a long sigh. It was time to get to work, to train those apprentices, to give them the strength to survive in a galaxy dominated by the Sith.

They would need that strength of will to survive in the coming hurricane.

She walked on bare feet from the training rings to the locker rooms, stepping gingerly on the tiled floor until she found an empty shower unit. She set her bag of clothes and equipment that she had retrieved from Tobias’s ship outside the range of the water or sonic jets and slapped the activation button in its recessed compartment. Then stripping off the few clothes she had on to begin with, she stepped into the shower. Warm water beat against her tired body, buffeting it, and relaxing her muscles. It had not been very long ago that she had tried to kill herself in a shower like this one, and the thought of it made her grimace and end the shower earlier than she would have. The temptation was always there, to give into those demons, but she pushed them back and drying with a click of the sonic shower got dressed into her jedi tunic and slung her belt, with its sabre, and survival pouch around her shallow hips.

Then her eyes glimpsed the flash of grey in her bag and she grabbed it. It was a piece of the armour she had worn at Nal Hutta, and though it was not polished, it still held its imperial grey finish. So she decided it was time to make a statement and got redressed. This time with the uniform supplied by the members of Alpha One which fit snugly over her tunic, mostly obscuring it with the grey of imperial armour. They were mostly sections that covered her vitals, pauldrons, vambraces, sections for her thighs and shins that fit over the green armourweave and brown knee high boots she wore. Also there was something called a kama which was made of leather that fell from her belt to her knees, covering the rear of her legs against shrapnel. Only when she had all of that equipment on, including the Parang stolen from the Sith as well as her lightsaber did she walk to find her apprentices and old masters. The broken circle of the Imperial Remnant emblazoned across her chestpeice in relief green.

It was in that armour that Frond found her, and her frown turned to a smile of joy at his appearance. Though her eyes did not smile and her fingers, bright white save the redness around her knuckles and the darker pink lines of vertical scarring twiched with excess energy or anticipation. She listened to him explain his vision and her bright blonde brow turned to furrowed lines as she thought about what to do.

“Then if you feel called then you must go. If the force demands your participation in this war I must let you go to it.”

She hugged him then, fiercly, showing how proud she was.

“Do you wish to go with the rest of us when we finally strike at them or is this a journey you must face alone?”

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

Frond smiled warmly down at his master. Her fierceness was something he admired and something he seemingly utterly seemed lacking in. He was a servant, about a servant’s work. She was a warrior through and through.

The Jedi now are warriors what need.

He thought grimly to himself, in contrast to the eons of quiet pacifism he had spent his life absorbed in. He still had much to learn and some of these lessons the youngling before him had started to impart to him and others, he hoped, she would still impart. Still, he could not shake the call of the voices in his vision. Had it not been a vision that led him to the Jedi? Had it not been visions that guided each of his steps since he had come across the Master Jaina in the bowels of his sanctuary of Kashyyyk?

Master Sandy was right, of course, a war was not looming, it was upon them. The tide of darkness was continuing to rise with each crashing wave. Even if Frond cared little, if at all, for the mortal souls that were lost with each sweep of darkness, the rising imbalance of darkness was troublesome enough. Through it, the lives were lost and this fanciful reality was tormented. The Force was that of balance, light and dark. The tide of darkness was clear in its desire to exterminate the light.

”matter seems it trivial a, lording over worm one lost in The Force souls. The dark side all sides especially seeing pressing is against light forces of on as the. The day shall carry The Force, there one hundred or one there be the light of the servants. You need Brother Kel will, combat into you go are to if. Complete I the saber on my journey can. I when return, present I for your shall I inspection it. Lingering to the light likely is most a darkness it needs that exposing.”

Frond stared deeply into his master’s eyes. She was troubled, that much he could tell and he did not need The Force to tell him that. With his hands each firmly placed on one of her shoulders he offered the same comforting squeeze that he had given Kel shortly before.

”Us is with The Force both.”

With an uncharacteristic wink, Frond lowered his arms and began to turn. He had gotten permission to go. Even if he did not think it was something he needed, he had felt it appropriate to seek it from she that had undertaken his training. He wished that he could have received more instruction in the ways of Jedi combat, but that would have to wait. Most assuredly whatever this presence was would be easy enough to dispatch without resorting to violence. It was not like he was going to face down the masters of darkness in this realm, the Sith. When he returned, he would have to ask Master Sandy to instruct him further. By then his saber would be complete as well. Even now, he could feel his sinuous heartwood coiling and twisting and growing within, forming the weapon that he had envisioned. Then, perhaps, he would be better prepared to join his fellows as they crusaded forth to stop the looming darkness.

Just before he shuffled off, he turned one last time to look at Sandy,

”Ficcabin Yule.”

He muttered the name, matter-o-factly.

”Seek The Force to learn of he. Pilot I am no. take me with shall him I. Upon perhaps return our, too the Jedi will he follow path. An aversion shows for he the darkness.”

Truth be told, Frond would enjoy the young alien’s company. He was a seeker, as Frond had been when he was still a sapling, and in many ways still was. If Frond could show him the truth, he would have found a powerful ally in following the will of The Force.

XQ19Jfm.png

Mjan was astounded by the raven Jedi's words as she spoke them, taken aback. But yet, he felt honored in the deepest sense, her guidance already having gotten him this far into the Order. She was so accepting, kind, and although Mjan held a tendency to get carried away, understanding. As a smile graced his lips after the passing of his surprised gaze, he bowed his head and spoke. "I would be honored to have you teach me, Master Aira."

Ironically, since she introduced herself, he had seldomly spoke her name outloud. But as he spoke it now, it seemed befitting, which only humbled his decision even more. Especially given his heritage even among the Sith. A bastard Prince of sorts, a former Sorcerer of Tund, and now a Tsis Jedi. Truly the Force worked in mysterious ways, and as Mjan like to think, held a sense of humor in its works. This is one of the many reasons Mjan chose to learn the path of the Jedi and their understanding of what was called the Lightside.

"But before we begin, there is one thing I must confess." He spoke, his facial expression and tone taking a serious note, and even his facial spurs twitched with a hint of almost sorrowful deameanor that he had withheld a singular thing even amidst their openly trust. "You know that I am a Sadow, though Naga Sadow was of a different lineage than I am from. And that i also carry the name Adas from my mother's side. This is because she is directly descended from King Adas I. Though very few know of my existence as a child born out of wedlock, those that do know of me will likely find my choice of following this path as a betrayal and will likely want me dead. Are you sure you want me as your student knowing this?"

Collab Post Tobias/Kota/Aurora

~~TOBIAS

On their way here from Ilum, Tobias had tasked Kota to do some reading. Subsequently the master gave the apprentice a few datapads to go through. Now that they were here on Felucia now, the reading could be put on hold. History of the Jedi and the Galaxy was sometimes very dry, and hard to get through. Especially for a teenager jumping into a new world. That had given Tobias just enough time to get a sanisteam, catch his breath, speak with Sandy and Adenna, and talk Aurora through the revelation that it took her 30,000 years to wake up. More or less, a dozen against that number wasn’t worth fretting over. As Adenna and the others departed, only Aurora and Kota were aboard longer. As Adenna left, Tobias placed his hand on Aurora’s shoulder and looked into her eyes, studying them. He could see the pain was still there, but also a determination within her to press on, and restart her life.

After a moment, he let a warm smile spread across his face and then nodded approval that she could come along. He countered the answer by guiding her back into the common room, where he guided her to the bench across the table from himself. Just before he sat down, he gathered three glasses of water at the prepstation, and turned towards the table leaving the glasses behind. As he sat back down there was a soft stirring towards the crew quarters and Vos felt Kota coming up to the common room.

“Aurora, I have already sent a request to the temple for attire suitable to your size be sent here. They should be here soon. I’m unfamiliar with Felucia, so I did not want to take a chance of a serpent biting at your feet or legs- it should be here shortly.”

“In the meantime…” Tobias slid his right sleeve across the table as if clearing it of crumbs. “... it is time we had a chat about where we find ourselves. Ah! Kota, we’re waiting for a small package from the temple to arrive, and then we can get outside and on the way to the temple.” Tobias indicated the space next to Auora and continued to talk. “Auora, this is Kota, my apprentice. Kota, this is Auora whom we picked up back on Ilum.”

Tobias kept the bit about Aurora’s past a secret, there wasn’t any need to tell Kota and it was her story to tell, not his. He let them exchange quiet hello’s and then opened the conversation up. “Alrighty, the both of you- any questions before we start heading to the temple?” He held up a finger, humorously chagrined as he acted like he forgot something. Spreading his arms across the table, three glasses of water moved from the prep-station to their table. Gliding through the air smoothly. “Anything about the Jedi, or the Force?” Tobias innocently continued, as he set a glass down in front of them. Letting warmth, welcome and patience into the Force to coax them to speak if they wished.

~~KOTA

Kota felt a little weird still from the vision or something he had received from touching the crystal. Because of it, he almost was refusing to even let his hands touch it as it sat in a pocket. Doing his best to ignore the feelings, he looked up upon hearing his master speak his name and introduce the newcomer, of whom he eyed with super obvious confusion and hesitation. He stood next to Aurora and gave a slight nod before turning his own attention fully to Tobais as his master began to show the Force and its power to him.

“I have plenty, but for the moment, I’ll relent the majority of them. But I will ask this… When you… see something, that feels real, but must be in your head. Is that from the Force?”

~~Aurora

Aurora nodded her head in appreciation for the request of clothing as he spoke, having been led back into the common room again. Yet this time the aura here was different somehow. Perhaps it was that the members here had began disembarking. Or perhaps Aurora was growing more comfortable in her new surroundings despite the revelation that had just been hefted onto her shoulders just a few hours before. It mattered not now in truth though, as it became apparent when Kota walked into the room, Aurora’s mind focused on receiving a breath of fresh air and placing the unchangeable past behind her. Even her emotions betrayed her, her hair and eyes remaining in their natural brown hued state.

”Hi Kota.” She spoke, her gentle soft tone ever present as she gazed upon him. She had never seen one of his species, and she grew curious about where he was from and what species he was. But she refrained for now. ”Nice to meet you.”

As she watched the display of power demonstrated by Tobias however, almost silently under her breath they could hear her mutter a strange phrase ”The Mother's Breath.” before she nearly fell backwards from the bench in retreat, her quickly kneeling and bowing, forehead to floor, to Tobias in an almost ritualistic display of worship. ”Are you of the Masters?” She quickly questioned, her gaze remaining toward the floor beneath her, her mind running in every possible direction. For she had only seen one other group capable of wielding the Mother's breath, and those were the Immortal Masters.

~~TOBIAS

As Aurora moved back and knelt to bow to him, Tobias was taken off guard. His voice uncertain as he rose to bekon Aurora back to her seat- “Oh, Ugh, Aurora, please- that is unnecessary. That’s not who I am, and not who the Jedi are.” As Vos moved around the table, exchanging an awkward glance with Kota, the man knelt down and took one of Aurora’s hands and guided her backup and to her seat. Vos let out a nervous laugh and Aurora sat back down. He turned to Kota and beckoned him to take his place across from the table. [Hopefully he would sit, and relax. But… boys…] Tobias thought. “Aurora, I am called a Jedi Master. The Jedi use the light side of the Force. I suppose if that is the Mother’s Breath, then yes- in some fashion since you’ve known it I am of the Masters. However- The Jedi are..." Tobias sighed, knowing the direction he wanted to take this conversation but unsure of how to get there. “Sort of guardians of peace and justice. At least if you boiled it down to a dozen words- but what the Jedi do- are so much more than that. Over the course of training apprentices learn so many different styles of problem solving and- well… I can talk about this for hours and we still wouldn’t get anywhere. It’s one of those things that is ‘on-the-job-training’ so to speak.”

Vos took a breath and looked at the girl next to him; she was so peculiar. But being thirty-thousand years old would do that. What a wealth of knowledge she had that historians could tap into… but that wasn’t something Tobias would force upon her. Taking a sip of his water, and sliding Kota’s across the table, Tobias tried to tackle Kota’s concern next.

Vos beamed with delight, so… Kota had a vision? Interesting. The grin was wide, but only cracked at the lips a sliver. Tobias nodded again, “Kota, yes, but whatever you see is not a guarantee that will happen. I’ve had visions…” Vos paused, suddenly overcome by the recent one he had of that little girl he has seen outside of Dahar’s hut; the single word she spoke had scared him more than anything in the galaxy. He shook his head to clear his mind of that thought and continued. “That scare me, and inspire me. Only a handful of them I have seen, and even then- not exact replicas.”

Tobias smiled still, and took a sip of the water he had brought over- making sure he and Kota’s glasses swapped places. Smiling, he set the water down; he longed for a harder beverage.

~~KOTA

Kota shifted slightly, unsure of what his own response should be. “It… didn’t really involve the future… or past. Yet... “ What was there for him to say of the matter? Could he say that he saw his sister, and that she was clearly a slave? What of the two Jedi, who seemed to not be tied into what he had seen with his sister? Or the spinning lightsaber that spoke to him… It wasn’t the future, at least he didn’t think it was… But then again, Haata was there. At best, all he could do was let out a sigh he was unaware he was holding in.

He then realized that Aurora spoke to him, and turned to give her a slight nod with his head and a sheepish grin like smile. He was awkward around females- as almost all teenage boys were.

~~TOBIAS

“Ah. I see. Those visions… are more complicated to dissect. I’m afraid I will not be much use in that area, other than to listen and provide my own take on it.” Tobias sighed, but gestured to the glass of water in front of his apprentice; he was a tad worried about Kota passing out, he should take a drink.

As silence seemed to stretch after his last statement the droids could be heard starting a ruckus back in engineering. Tobias sighed, “Ignore them.” And left it at that, ending on a soft chuckle.

~~KOTA

Kota finally took notice that his master again urged for him to take a drink of water. Clearly he was worried that he had not fluid in his body, so he reluctantly obliged his master. After he took a long drink, he glanced at Aurora and then back at Tobias.

“I’ll tell you about it later…” It seemed like the girl was busy trying to learn something important from Tobias, and it was something far more important than a silly dream he had when he touched a crystal. He could wait. For now, he would listen in to what Aurora was trying to learn.

~~Tobias

“As you wish, Kota.” Tobias replied. He could feel the courier droid approaching the ship anyways. They had a few moments before it arrived however. “I suspect we will get a moment soon enough, though.”

~~ Aurora

Aurora sat in silence as the events around her took place in oblivion as she lost herself in thought. Jedi? Were they of the Immortal Masters? The great Celestials that once paved way for the birth of the a unified Galaxy aside their greatest allies, the Kwa of Dathomir? Thirty millennia was a long and deep sleep, and so many things were capable and likely had changed during it. Did the Masters even remain in the Galaxy anymore, or did they move on from this one just as they did from the one before it? Is that why she remained imprisoned for so long? This is why she grew anxious to get outside, to get some fresh air, to see the Galaxy as it is rather what was. She needed to see it with her eyes. Snapping to, Aurora caught Tobias last words to Kota.

”Forgive me. I didn't mean offense or awkwardness.” She offered her apology to both as she shuffled her gaze between the two, taking a moment to stare at the orange alien now sitting across from her. Though, in truth, she was likely as alien to him as he was to her. ”I do not know of the Jedi, or their connection to the Celestial Masters. But you possess the will to wield the Mother's Breath, the force of life that flows through all things. The only one's I have ever known to possess such skill were of the Immortal Masters and their allies of the Kwa to incorporate it into technology, the same technology I helped present to the Rakata that led to the war that I was imprisoned for.”

Just then a package arrived, the one Aurora and Tobias were awaiting for. As it was handed to Aurora, she thanked Tobias for it and briefly excused herself as she went to change. When she returned, she wore a set of simply robes and leggings, boots finally upon her once bare feet, and her hair placed in a bun atop her head. But what was most notable was the wire than ran down her neck and cusped the small tear drop crystal that she had found upon her cheek when she first awoke. She had used some of the wiring and metal she had found in the area she had changed in to fasten a makeshift necklace from it, and its aqua hue shown in contrast to the pale skin of her exposed neck.

”I hope you don't mind, but I used some of the spare parts that I saw lying around to make a necklace for this strange crystal I found upon my cheek when I awoke. Thank you again, for everything you've done for me.” She spoke to Tobias as she sat back down in her seat to Kota, feeling more than comfortable now that she somewhat resembled them and to have fresh clothes upon her seemingly ancient form, a jest in her mind to cope with the reality of her situation. ”Shall we proceed behind the others? I really could use some fresh air, and I'd love to see this planet… Felucia I believed you called it?

~~Tobias

Before the package arrived and the PIT droids delivered it, Tobias was stunned. The Kwa?! Like the Kwi?! He knew a Kwa, but that was in another realm- and Jassaet had always been salty to the two Rakatan there. Tobias hadn’t seen the blue figure in quite some time, even before he came back. His Aing-Ti friend, Rar-touso was better friends with him than most. If Aurora spoke the truth… unbelievable. Or at least a bloody miricle that he had been part of the group that rescued her given his great-grandfather’s connection with the blue beings. Recovering from the revelation, Tobias told Aurora that there was no need to apologize or feel back or anything of the sort.

No apologies necessary. I suspect we will figure out the relationship between these Masters and the the current sects of Force Users before too long.” And nodded as she left. Within the time she was gone, Tobias gathered the glasses and put them back in the foodprep station. He idly let his mind wander at the possibilities of Aurora and any cosmic repercussions that occur.

She had left, then came back. “I do not mind at all, but we should get a move along. Any questions feel free to ask them.” Tobias smiled, and motioned for the two to follow him out and out towards the temple. Then they started their journey.

Having received confirmation that he could take one of their newest comrades with him, Frond smiled to Sandy and bowed ever so slightly, his head still a head above her own.

”Mistress Sandy you thank.”

Turning, Frond shuffled back into the overgrowth towards the temple. First thing first, he had to see if Ficcabin Yule had found them a ship that could take them . . . wherever they were going. Stopping midstep, Frond pondered. He was so sure of his vision, of the dark worm and the cries for help; so sure that The Force would carry him to the conclusion and by that way, destination, where the vision was taking place. After all, had The Force not led him here, to this very planet, to the very gates of the Jedi Temple after his vision of the place’s burning destruction?

Smiling to himself, Frond pressed forward. The Force would guide him. It always had. Why would it stop now? Closing his eyes, Frond opened his mind up to The Force, searching for the Givin’s unique signature in The Force. As he neared the temple, the thin golden strand that was Ficcabin Yule came into focus.

The Cafeteria in still. Need his amounts of kind need nourishment copious.

Slowly taking the lift downwards, Frond made his way back to the cafeteria where he found Kel and Ficcabin still. Coming up behind the seated Givin, he placed a hand on his robed shoulder,

”Of is the time essence. A you pilot are? A find far must can carry us from ship Felucia we that far. Looming of souls peril there are in of darkness. Your you have when meal finished, the selection shall your arrival await and in craft I hangars of a Jedi.” Cause surely Jedi there the is of a purposes ship the there for that use we can.

Turning, Frond smiled and placed his hand on Kel’s shoulder once again and offered a reassuring squeeze.

”you may with The Force be.”

Without awaiting a response, Frond made his way out of the cafeteria and down the hallways of the meandering temple until he came upon a huge cavernous room that opened out into a glaringly bright view of the sky outside and a river below, the hangar. Here there were numerous ships of all shapes and sizes.

While waiting for Ficcabin, Frond strolled slowly amongst the craft, his mind open to The Force as he ran his aged knotted hands across the hull of a rather well-worn cubical Action II Transport. It was nothing to look at, but Frond wondered if it might apply to the strange math-focused man’s love of, well, math. From the looks of the ship, and its position in the far corner of the hangar, it had not been taken out for a flight in quite a while. This notion was only further cemented when he removed his hand and could see where he had run his limb along the edge of the ship etched in the fine layer of dust.

Holding his viney fingers up to inspect the dust on them, Frond rubbed his fingertips together, flicking the dust into the air where it wafted back and forth towards the ground.

Afterall the Brother Ficcabin’s decision will be.

XQ19Jfm.png

I almost chuckled, but Mjan was being serious, so instead, I smiled gently. "I appreciate that, but I have to say, becoming a Jedi will only paint a larger target on your back. Instead of simply your clan being after you, you'll have thugs, assassins, pirates...not to mention the entire Sith Order. I once spent several months undercover with a merc band, and it still ended in a firefight. So of course I accept. The Jedi have a saying: 'The student accepts the danger when the master accepts the student'. In this case, maybe it's reversed a bit, but the application still rings true." I rose and collected my breakfast tray. "I'm sure you'll have to deal with your heritage someday, but hopefully not any time soon. Come on. If you're done eating, we might as well get started."

We dropped off our dishes, and headed to the level where I knew there were some training rooms. One opened at our approach, and I was pleased to find a quiet, pleasant, empty room with a large 'window' overlooking the forest canopy. I took a seat crosslegged in the center of the room and motioned for Mjan to join me. "Alright, we're going to start with the basics and I'll be able to see what you know. Forgive me if you are already familiar with these skills, but fundamentals are important."

Using the Force, I called a bag of marbles to my hand from a rack on the wall. "Right, I want you to reach out with the Force. Open yourself to it's flow. Calm your mind, and then," I dropped a marble into his hand, "lift the marble with the Force."