Felucia - Jedi Temple

handofthrawn

• … Although I appreciate the creativity and ingenuity it took for them to create the illusion of the Temple being above ground, it's still not quite the same as actually having access to outside. If I don't get to feel actual sunlight, fresh air, and maybe even a real breeze soon, I may start to go stir crazy - meditation or not!

Joelle finished typing her journal entry and set the datapad down on the desk with a sigh. This caught Tyue's attention and he looked up at her from his cushion at the foot of her bed. With the absence of Master Roene, the pup seemed to have attached himself to her. "Yeah, I'd bet you'd like to get some time outdoors, too, wouldn't you, boy?" The Garral thumped his tail in response but didn't get up, possibly realizing the "conversation" wasn't going to be getting him anywhere.

Joelle stretched and looked around, thinking about the time since Grandmaster Kirlocca's memorial service. During the Jedi Council meeting, there had been that strange sense of darkness that had distracted her from following after the young Jedi, Sandy. The sensation had been so strong it had overwhelmed her briefly, both mentally and physically. However, once she recovered, she recognized there were surely others present who would be better qualified to deal with whatever may have brought the darkness, so she did her best to put it out of her mind while mingling. Then, Master Roene had returned to the gathering, sending out messages through the Force. Unfortunately, they hadn't gotten the opportunity to discuss the memorial ceremony, or the feeling of darkness, before he needed to leave on his mission for the Order.

Fortunately, the members of the Jedi Order at large were as hospitable as Joelle could have ever hoped. When they left Kashyyyk to set up the Felucian Temple, they made certain she had a place on the transport ship. Upon their arrival here, she had been assigned living quarters - this single, simple room - and never wanted for any general supplies. Since then, she had spent the majority of her time practicing meditation as Master Roene had shown her, participating in sparring drills with other Hopefuls and Padawans, (even helping to lead a few drills with those with no martial art background) having discussions with Jedi of all levels, and exploring the resources in the library. The latter exercises had begun with the hope of better understanding the doctrines of the Jedi Order. However, the main thing she had found was that there almost seemed to be as much disagreement as agreement!

In some ways, the lack of consensus was freeing, as it meant she didn't necessarily have to fit into a set mold to become a Jedi. In other ways, it was frightening. How would she be able to tell if she was using her abilities for the Light verses drifting toward the Dark Side?

Joelle was pulled from her reverie by the sound of someone rushing down the hallway outside the open door to her room. In her time at the Temple, she had grown used to a slower pace; contrary to her first meeting with Master Roene, it seemed most Jedi tended to take their time getting from point A to point B. Curious, and a bit concerned, she hurried to the door to find her Twi'Lek "neighbor" fumbling to get his door open.

"Hi, Trakin, what's going on?" Joelle inquired.

"You hadn't heard? Knight Osiral is asking for volunteers to go out on a rescue mission!" The apprentice radiated excitement about this opportunity, his lekku twitching, "There's a distress code coming from a Knight's ship that apparently crashed on Scarif." He finally succeeded in getting the door unlatched.

"Oh, wow! I hope they're ok! Do you know who crashed?" Joelle stepped out into the hall, continuing the conversation from Trakin's doorway as he hurriedly grabbed a pack and began filling it with necessities.

"Knight…." the Twi'lek stumbled a bit, obviously more interested in preparing for the mission itself than the specific Knight needing rescuing, "um, Cindy Sarma, or something like that?"

"Wait, do you mean Sandy Sarna?!?" Joelle's concern doubled.

"Yeah, that's it! How did you know? She hasn't been at the Temple in about forever." Trakin paused in his tracks to give Joelle a puzzled look.

"I met her at the former Grandmaster's memorial service. She's really nice. Do you know if Knight Osiral has enough volunteers yet?"

"No idea. I heard about the mission from Dez and Shamell," he turned back to his packing, "but they did say she wants to leave within the next hour, so you might want to carry whatever you'd want to take with you when you go to find out."

"Thanks, I appreciate the tip. In case I don’t see you before you leave, may the Force be with you."

Joelle returned to her room and began tossing her belongings into her own pack. "Well, Tyue, looks like sometimes you get what you ask for! I sure hope Sandy is ok…"

----------

Just shy of half a standard hour later, Joelle stood in the hanger, waiting with Trakin and a couple of other apprentices for Knight Osiral. They didn't have to wait long.

"Good," announced a voice from a shuttle behind them, "four apprentices should be just right. Come aboard and let's get flying."

xDS3U7I.jpg

Continuing the J.Net Revival in 2017

Pittsburgh Champions

Steelers: 6 Time Super Bowl Champs

Penguins: 5 Time Stanley Cup Champs

Someday the Pirates will REALLY get their act together...