Felucia - Jedi Temple

handofthrawn

There are times in a young man's life where he's presented with numerous choices. Unfortunately, that day of all days, wasn't one of them. I still wonder if it was the will of the Force or that I just ran out of luck. But whatever the true case was, that day was the day my life changed forever. - Genesis Stormhelm

My gaze unwavering as she rose before me, a part of myself felt a hint of pity upon the frail looking woman, my body wishing to react accordingly and help her up. Yet, as she did, I found that fear had taken over, my body weighted down and frozen within its abundance. I did not know her, nor what kind of a person she was. Only by what I encountered earlier, did I have any impression of her as a person. And at this moment in time, it wasn't much of one. Yet there was something familiar about her as well, something I could not place my finger upon within this moment. And despite the linger fear that froze me in my tracks, a sense of safety knocked at my door, almost warm and inviting as a smirk crossed her face.

"I..I..I don't know." I spoke, my usually mellow tone screeching in a high pitched squeal, catching even me off guard. Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I leaned forward ever so slightly, bringing my knees into the embrace of my outstretched and encompassing arms. My singular hazel eye dropping to the floor in despair, I sighed, the mellow tone of my usual voice returning. "I hadn't thought that far ahead."

Realizing that my fate was probably sealed, I thought briefly upon watching the Brith soaring across the skies of Dantooine, free, careless, unattainable, and wished so much that I was with them. Suddenly, however, my thoughts returned to reality as something within the evidence container began to glow a bright almost aqua like green. Suddenly voices erupted from within my head, first feeling like hundreds muffled but quickly followed by what felt like thousands screaming at once as the abnormally large Pontite Adegan Crystal within the bag made a loud snapping sound, cracking in two. My vision began to blur, my head throbbing in near agony as a white light faded in, taking complete control of my sight.

When it dimmed, I was no longer on Felucia, as I felt my heart begin to race. My limbs felt immobile, heavy and weak. What seemed to be flashes of different times pulsed in and out. First was as if looking through glass, figurines impossible to make out. Then I felt restrained, my body aching as if I had been laying for months and constantly poked and prodded, figures walking about me and checking stats of a nearby machine, my head feeling hot despite a breeze flowing across it's bald surface. And finally I felt panic as my eyes gazed upon a different scene, almost as if I was simply an observer as an armed detail flew about before me as I edged closer and closer toward what sounded like a ship, feeling the pain and agony of my form as tubes were ripped from me and my body nearly giving out on me, my vision becoming overtaken by the white light once more, and my gaze returning toward the woman before me once again, back on Felucia.

Fear... Confusion... Wonderment. It all set in all at once, overflowing my sensors and emotions in a big jumbled mess as I tried to make sense of what had just happened to me, my gaze never faltering from the bald woman(Armiena) before me. Unbeknownst to me at the time, she had shared a similar vision, though slightly more peaceful and gentle. For what she would see would be fearful at first, watching two adults from what felt like a child's perspective being attacked and slaughtered by what appeared to be a pair of Kath Hounds upon a desolate farm, a feeling of brash bravery mixed in a cocktail of fear and pain overtaking her as the perspective ran forward, grabbing a blade, and attacking wildly. Next would be followed by the same perspective in a different setting, hunger aching so deeply that even a Quenker would have filled it's crave, as the perspective came across an R3 unit still housed in the X-Wing it was assigned to, it's battery depleted. A feeling of despair would momentarily set it, as it used the powercell that it had found to recharge the R3 unit rather than cash in for the credits. And finally, a singular last vision would be shown as the much old perspective crawled into a cave in hopes of finding ancient and priceless relics, but finding the abnormally large crystal instead just as the DSF closed in on him for the arrest.

"What was that?" I questioned, my voice shaking, the high pitched squeal slightly returning, completely unaware of the visions she had been shown herself. "And what was that glow?"

Sandy reached out a reassuring hand in the force to her tree like apprentice, she could sense his fears even through the thick darkness of the Felucian night. She let her calm touch his mind and reassure him. But for now her other apprentice needed her help more. His mind felt confused and beleaguered as she began her push towards him. Stepping over thick vines and pools of cold thick mud. Then she came upon him suddenly and though she could not clearly see his face, she knew he was in deep trouble.

Die

A Possession? The thought of it brought tingle of fear up her spine as the young man ignited his lightsabre in an unfamiliar flourish. Definitely a possession then. The darkside is so thick here that it clings to his very bones. Why did we build a temple here if this risk was so close? Sandy narrowed her gleaming green eyes and reached out with the force to prod the unfamiliar presence that covered her apprentice. When she touched it with her mind it left very little doubt of what it was. It was time to use her training from Kyrie.

man vajadzēja nāvi, lai izdzīvotu

Ah an exorcism it is then. Sandy let her eyelids flutter closed as she summoned the force to her. Focusing it through herself, through her old victories over pain, through her joy.

You will not have him.

She sprang at her apprentice, letting the sabre pass by her and placing her hand upon the dome of his head. She only slightly misjudged and the sabre burned a deep furrow through her side, scorching the pale skin black as she seized the presence in his head with the force. She could feel the tip of the plasma blade cut and gash through her abdomen, burning a tunnel through her guts to emerge from the other side, sputtering as it turned a rush of blood to steam. Sandy ignored the pain and kept hold of the presence, wrestling with it in the force until she was able to rip it clear, root and stem from Kel and cast it out. Her hand glowing white with the exertion of the force.

Begone.

And when Kel was free Sandy slumped to kneel in the mud, exhausted and wounded.

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

Frond shuffled onwards through the dark swirling mists. With each thudded footfall the waning light from the maw of the cave grew weaker and weaker; but still onward he pressed. He could feel the dark side here. It was even more palpable than it had been above in the graveyard. are where we? he wondered to himself as he pushed onward; his soul and the warmth of the crystal still lit by The Force as he continued.

There was no sign of Sandy Sarna, his newfound friend and trainer in the ways of the Jedi; nor was there any sign of Kel Koon, his partner in this quest to discover the newfound ways of the once ancient sect of Force followers.

With light growing nearly nonexistent as he trod along, Frond found himself relying less and less on his sight, trusting The Force to show him the way, whatever that was. As he reached out, he felt a familiar touch. ”Sandy,” he smiled as her spirit in The Force offered him a brushing reassurance that even when they were surrounded by the darkness, light was present within. One only needed to grasp it; as Frond now did, his own Force signature continuing to warm the crystal within his chest, nestled within his training saber.

But Sandy was not all he felt. Frond could feel a strong dark side presence, one that seemed to have enveloped his friend, the Kel Dor. Frond did not focus long on this strange and strong presence. He was seeking to return balance. It would be of no use to encourage the dark side with his own presence. He was there to rein it in.

Alone in the darkness, Frond let his mind wander within The Force as his feet led him to wander amongst the winding caverns. Quite suddenly Frond came to a halt. The Force was wrought with a strange shudder in The Force and suddenly he could feel the presence of his new master. She was under siege by the dark side. Pain….

Fear….

Suffering….

And then finally,

Exhaustion

Frond felt the darkness ebb backwards as a surge of light proved its strength in the moment before it too receded into the calm that was the very swirling nature of The Force.

For the moment, Frond could feel the dark side had been pushed back; held at bay by the will of one not just strong in The Force, but strong in the light. With a smile to himself, Frond reached out and somewhere ahead out of sight he could feel both Sandy and Kel.

Plodding along, he ambled happily, content to simply be within the will of The Force and promptly he wandered down an adjacent tunnel away from his fellows with nary a thought or care in the world.

XQ19Jfm.png

Exiting Hyperspace

Planet: Felucia

Target Location: Jedi Temple

AutoPilot: Engaged

...Awakening From Stasis....

...Systems Online.....

Alem sensors slowly flickered to life as the ship's programming awakened him from stasis. Slowly, he tested all his joints, making sure everything was functioning properly. The equivalence of an organic stretching. Everything seemed to be working correctly. Power was at full, enough to last him for weeks, provided there was no combat.

Alem turned his attention to the planet. Felucia. A planet overgrown with fauna and flora. Similarities to "home" on Ryloth: back when Alem was repaired: 20%. Today: Inconclusive. And yet this place was eerily similar to the clan's home back on Ryloth. Had Alem been a philisophical being, he probably would've considered this 'eerie', 'fateful' or perhaps 'soothing'.

But Alem was a droid. A droid with a program. Programs don't feel unless necessary. This program required the finding of a specific Twi'lek youngling. After searching his memory banks that dated back to the now ended clone wars, mixed with the information about the current state of the galaxy (provided by his owner on Ryloth), Alem had narrowed down to three choices:

The Jedi Order: Known for taking force sensative children for training in jedi arts.

Corescant: The center of the civilized galaxy. All roads lead to Corescant

The Black Sun: Suspected Criminal Organization. Possible lead to pirates who attacked owner. Inconclusive

All three choices seemed unwelcoming to Alem. The Jedi at one point were his enemy in the clone wars, Corescant was the capitol of the enemy, and if the black sun had the twi'lek youngling, they would be very unwilling to part with her. His information about the Black Sun was inconclusive as well, and thus faulty. However, he had been trained to fight Jedi, so it would be slightly safer (albeit, very slight) to try the temple.

His sensors eventually located several structures on the planet's surface: most likely the temple. He took the controls of the ship, set it to manual, and began his very slow descent, sending a message to the planet below, hoping they would allow him to land without facing any planetary defenses.

:Message:

Subject: Landing Request

I am in seek of assistance from the Jedi Order. I have traveled all the way from Ryloth for my purpose. Please provide clearence for landing and I will be able to explain fully.

Alem'Chee

:End of Messege:

Alem felt something equivalent to nerves as he began to wait. He purposefully didn't state that he was a droid, believing that the Jedi Temple would be more willing to let a possible Twi'lek sounding individual then a old IG unit.

taKvoPY.png

Alem continued his descent, receiving a message from below. It was not from the temple, but it was from the locals. They had granted him permission to land and included a set of instructions to the temple from the designated landing place of the temple hanger, though they could not promise the Jedi temple would welcome him.

The old droid took a moment to survey the geography of the planet as he moved closer to where the temple appeared to be. It was a remarkable planet to say the least. So much life. A place where beings could evolve and grow, should they survive the planet's dangers. However, this was brief, as Alem had to focus on navigating the canyon. While the message earlier said that there were tractor beams available to help with the navigating, Alem refused, not willing to fully trust The Finder in the hands of strangers. He could navigate it well enough, though he did hear a few scratches as the rocks grazed his wings.

"A few aesthetic choices for the ol' thing" Alem guessed his owner would've said.

Eventually Alem was able to land. Alem made his way up the steep climb, carrying his electrostaff in one hand and making calculations for each step in his head as if the ground below him was ready to crumble. While some creatures and programmers would've thought of this as being too careful, the CIS had programmed the magnaguard during a time of war, and Alem's owner saw no reason to change it. He made a weird sight to say the least. A beaten up droid climbing a canyon, dressed in torn white robes that have been stained with dirt and grime and carrying a weapon from the past.

The entrance was up ahead now, a Turbolift under a hatch from the looks of it. Alem calculated and hoped someone would meet him there. He had a very limited set of ways to enter the temple without assistance, all which would not help his relations with the Jedi. True they were probably expecting a Twi-lek. Alem hoped they would understand why a Magnaguard was figuratively knocking on their door.

taKvoPY.png

Knight Rink Zar'dash, a Zeltron with an abnormal taste for studying history, was on guard duty at the Temple entrance platform. Hearing a clink-clink-clink on the rocks caused him to turn curiously and defensively towards the ramp, and he blinked in surprise at the sight of an old droid traveling alone. He palmed his lightsaber. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" he demanded, not harshly, but firmly. They had not received any landing requests--clearly, the droid's earlier message had gone awry.

tvWz5an.png

Alem froze at the words of the individual. He slowly rested his electrostaff's bottom on the ground like a walking stick and raised his other hand open in greetings and to show he held nothing else in his hand. "My name is Alem'Chee, here on the business of my owner on Ryloth. I am here seeking his child and my ward. "

taKvoPY.png

Kel's mind and soul struggled desperately while the evil spirit possessed his body. He was beginning to lose hope of ever freeing himself from its grip. Fearing that he would never again see the light of day. 'No. I can't give up yet. Not until i become a jedi. And certainly not until i beat Frond in a duel!' Kel stubbornly thought. It was then that he saw a bright light in his mind's eye. the light was as blinding as the sun. the spirit screeched in agony as it was forced to flee from his body.

Now that Kel was back in control of his body, his vision began to clear. He saw that the 'monster' he had attacked was actually his master. A severe burn injury around her abdomen from where his blade had connected. Kel was instantly ridden with guilt. In his moment of weakness he had allowed himself to cause harm to his teacher. "I'm such a fool. I allowed my fear to control me. and the darkness took hold. And now I've hurt you. I don't deserve to be a Jedi."

5V8Toxy.png

A turquoise light began to glimmer behind Armiena’s shoulder and a tremor began to build in the Force. Cursing, the veteran Jedi whirled to face the shimmering burden that rested in the juvenile’s satchel. The boy collapsed to the polished floor and clutched his head in agony.

Armiena lurched towards the glowing satchel and seized the cloth-covered crystals in a talon-like hand. A shattering crack echoed down the hall and the orb within fractured. Almost immediately, a migraine began to throb in her forehead—she sank to her knees and began to work the boot off of her right foot, believing, absurdly, that a thin layer of leather would be sufficient to protect her from the influence of the pilfered artifact. That blinding headache thrummed with increasing ferocity and she clenched her eyes shut, baring her teeth at the ground in a silent howl of pain.

A sea of grain shifted idly in the waves of wind. Two figures far in the distance fled towards her, pursued by a pair of canine predators--kath hounds, she recognized their outlines. She had been to Dantooine numerous times in the past but had never been had a dangerous encounter with any of the pack predators of the agrarian world. Her last apprentice, Arlan Vass, had hailed from this world--She called a vibroblade to her hand and charged, knowing what was about to happen.

She rested with her back to a domed astromech droid and enjoyed the warmth of its power cells recharging against the cold of a rural night. Her hair was touseled as the R3 unit awoke with a bleep of surprise and surveyed its surroundings…

A heavy hand fell upon Armiena’s shoulder. A blunt pole jammed into her spine and she braced herself for the disorientation of a stun prod discharging into her back...

Her vision cleared. Armiena wiped at her eyes and the hand came away wet. A talon-like hand grasped out and shoved the burlap sack into her boot, the dwindling glimmer swallowed up by the hollow. It was doubtful that the thin layer of leather would offer any protection against an unknown Jedi artifact, but at least she wouldn’t have to worry about handling the crystals with her bare hands. She turned and offered the young burglar a helping hand to his feet. “Clearly, it’s something that needed protection. You’d better come with me.”

Where to? What standing she still had with the Jedi Order was a mystery to her, her few remaining friends in the Order notwithstanding. Those two sentries stood little chance against her even if they managed to catch up with the burglar, though humiliating a string of law enforcement officers was unlikely to improve her relationship with the Jedi. She’d have to manage. But Armiena had no idea what to do with a teenager, having missed most of her son’s adolescence… although, teenagers were supposed to constantly be hungry. Whether or not that was actually the case, the commissary was the only publicly accessible location within a minute of walking that Draygo was familiar with.

The veteran Jedi sat the auburn-haired youth down into one of the tables deeper in the commissary and took up a position where she could keep an eye on the entrances.

“Call me Draygo. Everyone mispronounces my name anyway,” Armiena’s lips twitched as though she found something amusing about that remark. “You should probably tell me where you found…” She jostled her right boot, which was resting on the table. “This. I don’t particularly care where or how you came across it--I just want to make sure it’s not from… say… Korriban.”

Truth be told, Armiena couldn’t be bothered to care what the crystal was or where it had come from--and the artifact’s gentle thrum in the Force suggested that it hadn’t known the craftsmanship of the Sith. She cared more for the living, and for this Force-sensitive youth who hadn’t seen a sympathetic glance in weeks.

drayyy.png

Knight Zar'dash didn't change his posture. "What makes you think this child is here? How did you even find this place?" It was suspicious. Zar'dash knew his history--a MagnaGuard droid was skilled in combat, and could even stand their own against Jedi. If it was working for the Sith, it would mean that the security of the temple was compromised, and Jedi might die today. Well, not on Zar'dash's watch.

He tapped the comlink on his wrist, his eyes never leaving Alem'Chee's. "Yellow status. Requesting Code Silver." A team was immediately dispatched from the droid repair and maintenance section of the temple, bringing equipment to run diagnostics on the droid, assuming its reply satisfied Zar'dash.

tvWz5an.png

"The child I seek was kidnapped long ago. While it not the most likely place a child may end up, it is a possible choice, and one of the more safe options to investigate. Are the Jedi not still people who are keepers of peace and take in children to help increase their ranks? " Alem couldn't help but ask this question in a rhetorical manner.

"In response to your second question, my owner has a wealth of connections. It was a simple manner of asking nearly all of his associates under the impression of seeking your aid."

The words of 'yellow status' and 'code silver' did not bode well for the droid. He calculated that it could mean that he was requesting for extra forces to take down the droid. Or it may have been a request for a superior officer to come handle the situation. Either way, would that mean that this individual was nervous of him?

Alem began to calculate silently.

Probability of taking down guard violently before reinforcements arrive: 50-60%

Probability of gaining access using violence: 72%

Probability of escaping alive: 13%

Not Satisfactory. Gain access peacefully.

Probability of convincing guard that no threat is present: 64%

Probability of gaining access peacefully: 40%

Calculating options to increase probability..... option found.

WARNING: Leaves self open to attack. Unacceptable. Calculate alternative.

Compromise Found.

"In hopes that it would help you to not fear my presence, I tell you that under my robes I am carrying several grenades and a blaster. If you would allow me, I will drop these on the ground for you to take away from me.

taKvoPY.png

When the droid mentioned it was armed, but was willing to surrender it's weapons, Zar'dash raised a hand. "I'll take those," he said. Waving a hand, the grenades and blaster flew through the air to land on the ground behind Zar'dash. The Zeltron considered. The droid had complied with every order he had given it, and was even voluntarily disarming itself--though he noticed the droid hadn't surrendered his electrostaff. But despite all of this, Zar'dash knew droids could have hidden programming, turning them from innocent workers to deadly assassins in a split second. The very knowledge of the temple's location itself was dangerous. Zar'dash sighed. If only the droid was a living being whose motivation he could sense through the Force! But since he couldn't, he had to follow protocol.

"Thank you for cooperating," he said smoothly. "You are not allowed access to this facility. However, if you provide a holo of the child you are seeking, you have my personal guarantee that I will search the entire temple for him or her, and if he or she is here, bring them to you and you may leave in peace. Either way, you will not be allowed to leave here with the knowledge of this temple's location in your circuits. I'm sorry, but that's the best I can do for you."

He hoped the droid would cooperate and that this was all really what it was face value. But with the Sith on the rise again, this was no longer a Jedi Order that could relax around strangers who didn't bring any credentials from other Jedi.

tvWz5an.png

Alem turned his head slightly, feigning curiosity. "Illogical. You have stated that you will do everything in your power to make sure that if my ward is here, you will bring her to me and will let us leave. But you also state that my circuits will need to be wiped of the temple location whether or not she is here. Do you plan on wiping her memories as well? If i was a human, or a Twi'lek, as my owner as so named me, would you still wipe my brain?"

Probability the Jedi will try to wipe brain: 90%. Unacceptable.

Probability of combat: 80%

Preparing combat programs.... do not activate unless potential threat makes a move to attack

Alem returned his head back to its normal position. "I am unable to allow you to alter my circuits at this time as I have no proof you will not destroy me, intentionally or accidentally, in the process. Furthermore, I am less likely to trust you then you are to trust me. I have offered my reasons why I am here, how I came to arrive here, offered my weapons, and even have given you my name, while you have given me nothing except your promise of doing everything you can to find my ward and a statement of accessing and erasing my memories. As my owner would say, 'your manners are quite irksome'.

The droid lowered his hand to his side, his programming preparing for any sort of attack. Images of old jedi fighting styles were going through his memory circuits. He did not have many defenses against possible force powers, but if this individual attacked with the traditional lightsaber, Alem knew he could fight back, or at the very least, jump back down the canyon and hurry back to his ship.

"I am more then willing to try to find a compromise. If i had ill intentions towards you and the Jedi, I would've attacked and snuck my way in. I could've used those grenades to get you to come closer to me, or that blaster to shoot you before you would have a chance to draw any weapon. Is this not proof that I mean you no harm?"

taKvoPY.png

Sandy pulled herself to a sitting position as Kel returned to his senses. Her abdomen screamed in protest and she could feel an expanding pool of blackened blood soaking her undergarments. She squeezed her eyes shut for a moment, gathering her strength. She reached out a hand and firmly grasped Kel by the scruff of his tunic, balling the fabric between her strong fingers.

“Kel, I don’t have much to say but I want you to hear this.” She leaned towards him at the same time dragging him closer to her scarred but pretty face. “Get over your self pity, right the kriff now. If every jedi apprentice quit because they did something wrong there certainly would be no Order left. Take a step back, breathe, then begin to use what I taught you on how to heal.” Her grip loosened a tad. “You did ok Kel, you will learn from this.”

She took another breath and looked out for where Frond would be. Hopefully he could carry them to the surface because it was getting so tiring to be here. So tiring...

Calix Meus Inebrians

Frond hummed to himself, the sound of the wind vibrating branches as they foretold a coming storm. The presence of the darkness had lessened and he clung to the glimmer of light contained within the crystal nestled in the training saber now safely tucked into his chest.

His mind, the strange synthesis of fauna and sentience, focusing on nothing as he plodded forward further down the darkened twisting tunnel. The Force was his guide and he was willing to follow, trusting that it would lead him to where he needed to go.

In no time, Frond had wound his way down several different interlocking tunnels.

Stopping for a moment, realization swept over him, Kel and Sandy shouldn't them now have he by found? Perhaps the darkness had literally swallowed them up. As he reached out, he could still feel Sandy's presence, somewhere. She was suffering still; but he could not tell where she was. Was she in the caves? At the Temple? Dare he ponder, fighting the Sith?

"You where are?" he whispered, his words rippling through The Force with his desire to find his newfound friends.

XQ19Jfm.png

A parent without a child, such a saddening tale, equally as saddening as a child without parents. Yet neither of us knew of this shared bond nor what it would mean for our future, and the healing it would bring to us both. - Genesis Stormhelm

I gazed upon the woman inquisitively after my question had left my lips, watching her grab the evidence bag containing the evidence of my theft from the long abandoned conclave near my home, placing the clothed wrapped crystal within, and placing it into her boot in a singular fluid motion as she rose and offered me her frail hand. Grasping it, my mind still fixated upon the vision I had saw, mentally taking notes of the lingering resemblance of the woman before me to the sensations I had felt and saw within the said visions, I couldn't help but wonder. Remembering the frail form I felt, the bald head that burned, the power I wielded, all of it seemed to fit her, or at least my mind tied it to her, a means of explaining what I saw. But one question remained, as if it was her, how did I see it from her perspective?

Shaking from my thoughts as she marched us down the halls, my eyes both gazing about my surroundings and fixating upon the woman who dragged me by my hand, my thoughts jumbled with trying to figure out the vision and why I was suddenly following the lady I saw cursing the heavens just a few moments before our encounter, I went along mostly in silence other than the occasional wince of pain that still thronged within my head and fighting as my tired body pushed onward to match her pace. Re-entering the commissary from before, I tensed up, slightly trying to pull away as fear cleared my mind and set back my thoughts of the Temple Guards that were chasing me earlier. Yet, I hesitantly followed her lead anyways. There was just something about her that felt warm, felt safe, felt motherly.

"Ms Draygo..." I spoke in a respectful tone, my hand scratching the backside of my auburn hair as I closed my left eye in slight embarrassment, afraid to tell the complete truth as to how I found it, and rather telling where I found it. "I found it on Dantooine, in a cave, near the spaceport where I live. The old conclave isn't far either from it."

But the truth of how I found it, the part I intentionally left out, was mysterious even to me. I had been scavenging the old conclave near the spaceport, much like some of the older men did, trying to earn a few credits for rations. But before I knew it, it had gotten dark during my time there. Usually, I had a habit of following the Brith back toward the spaceport, the flying creatures usually gathering around on the other side after sunset. But that night, they had long settled, Bleep being my only means of navigation. It didn't happen very often, but Bleep was unusually good with directing us safely home. But that night, he had trouble reading the stars, something I chucked up to his sensors likely dusty from our rummaging.

Yet, as we trekked across a portion of plains unfamiliar to us, something took hold of me. Much like what happened between the woman before me and myself, I shared a vision of a luminesant Brith crossing the sky and hover in the distance. Never having encountered such a sight, I followed, until I came across what appeared to be a structure built into the rising mesa, it's entrance enclosed by rubble that entombed it's interior, all but a small crevice near it's top.

Curiously, unknown to me at the time that the Brith had disappeared, I crawled through the tight space and into the cave system within, leaving Bleep outside. I wondered about in hopes of finding something valuable, something that I could live off of for awhile or even indefinitely. Yet it was nearly empty, save for the crystalline forms that littered it's interior. And at it's rear, truly a beautiful sight of a rainbow mixture of colors enlightening it depth, a sight I could have truly enjoyed had the crystal that the DSF found upon me not cracked from its placement and drew my attention and caused me to pick it up, with the next thing I remember being in DSF custody.

Realizing that I had drifted off too far into thought, I embarrassingly smiled toward the woman sitting across from me before my gaze dropped toward the table where I sat. " Forgive me. " I spoke, my tone sincere and regretful. "If I had known the items I scavenged were important enough to arrested for, I would have rather gone hungry another day and searched elsewhere."

“But you didn’t know. You’re a kid, you were alone and… you did what you thought was necessary to survive. You just didn’t expect that this,” Armiena shook her boot and the crystals rattled about in the hollow space. “...was something worth hauling a child halfway across the galaxy for.”

Draygo decided to take a risk and upended the boot onto the table, the crystals rattling as they spilled out of the meager protection of the burlap bag. Absurdly, she stuck her hand into the boot as though a few millimeters of leather was going to offer protection from their influence as she gathered the gems between them. Unpolished and cut only to facilitate their removal from a rocky outcropping, the aqua crystals reflected dimly in the overhead light of the commissary. Now, there was nothing to suggest anything extraordinary about their character.

“Pretty… though I have no idea what this might be. I was always better with mechanics.” She clumsily rotated the gems about in the light. Draygo pulled her hand out of the boot and sighed. There was no easy way to broach the topic that needed to be discussed. “I'm about to ask a very personal question, so you don't need to answer. I had a vision right after our mutual migraine episode. I was on a farm, and I was running at a pair of kath hounds with a vibroblade in my hand. Was that... home?”

Her pale-green eyes searched the young man's expression. What she had seen was almost certainly the death of a younger man's parents, a terrible tragedy for a teenager to endure, and likely the reason for the burglar's struggle to just survive.

drayyy.png

Zar'dash took a calming breath, pushing back his frustration. "A child is not a large security threat," he stated flatly. "A droid with Force-knows-what hidden programming is. I have no doubt that you think your purpose is harmless, but I've met droids who didn't even know they had buried programming that activated suddenly, or hadn't know they were in fact transmitting locations to unsavory characters. One even had been captured, implanted with explosive devices and a remote detonator, then mind-wiped and sent on it's way unaware of what had occurred until a crime syndicate detonated it."

He paused. "As for proof that I will not destroy you, I have only my word to give you." He was a Jedi, and he wasn't going to lower himself to the same implied threat the droid had just given him about having opportunity to attack, even though Zar'dash had had plenty of opportunity to destroy him, too.

Just then, a team arrived from the droid bay, comprised of an astromech, a worker drone, a Rodian tech, and two Jedi Knights.

"Well, Alem'Chee?" Zar'dash asked. "What's it going to be? Will you trust us and allow this situation to resolve peacefully?"

tvWz5an.png

In the inky blackness of the underground tunnel somewhere deep underneath the life-teeming surface of Felucia, Frond the Neti, stood with his eyes closed allowing The Force to swirl around him. He could feel the dark side ebbing and flowing back and forth, strong surges of powerful desire reaching its icy tendrils towards his soul before being pushed back by bursts of light emanating from the crystal within Frond and connecting with the tendrils of light bound by the thinnest golden strands of invisible light to other fonts of the light.

It was along one of these thin shimmering tendrils of The Force that Frond could sense Sandy and by an even thinner extension Kel. They were somewhere nearby, also surrounded by the darkness.

”Hear master can me you? Coming am I.” he called out, allowing his voice to tremble along the thin golden thread.

Inhaling deeply in the fetid mildew air, Frond pushed outwards with his mind, the thin golden root-like tendrils of the plant and animal life above coming into sight within his mind’s eye. Wincing as his mortal mind stretched to open itself even more to The Force, even more so than he usually did when he was with the Mind Walkers, Frond allowed the strands to meld with the connection between he and his newfound master’s pulsating binding in The Force; creating a sort of map, directing Frond along the tunnel he had already been going down.

Step by step, the aged tree shuffled forward, his eyes closed, allowing The Force and its all-seeing knowledge to guide him. Pushing through cobwebs that were older than he was, Frond twisted and turned following seemingly random paths as the shimmering strand of light between he and Sandy continued to thicken as they drew closer and closer together. It was only a matter of time before he found his friends.

XQ19Jfm.png

Alem stood for a few moments, calculating and recalculating. It was very unlikely he would survive combat with not one but three Jedi simultaneously, not to mention a rodian and some other droids. The 'code silver' he guessed.

Everything right now came down to the Jedi's 'word'. He wasn't sure how much this amounted to. In the clone wars, the Jedi were honorable, though hostile. Magnaguards were programmed knowing that, and in combat would try to use that to their advantage. It was unlikely that the Jedi had become 'honorless'. However, there were so many uncertainties.

Eventually, Alem nodded. This was a risk he would have to take. The possibility of his ward being with the Jedi or eventually discovered by the Jedi would help his goal tremendously. And if the Jedi kept their 'honor', he would be able to leave the planet and continue his search, though never knowing why he specifically came here.

"As a show of trust, I will submit to your request." Alem did not let go of his staff however, his programming forbidding him to never be unready for combat. "In return, you will only tamper with the location of the Jedi temple. Give me your word you will not identify my owner, nor alter anything else. You may search for any hidden programmings and even copy information about the child so that way you may help my search, but my owner's name will remain unknown. Your crew should be able to see their is nothing hidden with his name."

taKvoPY.png

Eventually, the fleet limped home. It had taken longer than usual, since several ships were limping on damaged drives and I wasn't willing to leave them behind without the safety of more whole ships to guard them. That, and the three extra microjumps we had taken on top of the normal four before I let the fleet return to the space around Felucia.

I repressed a yawn as I took a datapad one of the ensigns had just handed me. "Sorry."

He shook his head. "It's been a long day for all of us."

I nodded. And on top of the battle, we were grieving. That would be draining enough even in normal circumstances. Morale, however, was overall still okay. Everyone knew we had suffered a defeat--there was no kidding ourselves otherwise--but we had seen the fleets of our enemy in action, and already the analysts were pouring over the battle data and trying to come up with strategies to counter it next time. Everyone knew that, too--that there would be a next time, and that it was only a matter of time. Jedi didn't take revenge. We weren't interested in that. But we were interested in protecting people from those war machines. And if we walked out of this with a better idea of how to do that, it wasn't a complete failure.

Later this afternoon, we'd have a ceremony for the fallen. But for now, repairs would begin, new ships would be built to replace those we had lost, and I had a report to file with the Grand Master.

Then maybe I could get some sleep.

((Edit to put in dates: construction begins on a new ship, AP 2, to be completed 6/19))

Edited by Guest

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

Zar'dash nodded. "You have my word," he said solemnly.

"And mine as well," another of the Jedi chimed in.

Zar'dash pulled out a datapad and entered a string of commands. "I'm giving you access to all areas where our hopefuls--potential Jedi candidates--have access. The staff are available if you need assistance locating your ward." He scanned the droid and the datapad beeped. "You're free to enter. Thank you for your cooperation. I hope your future relationship with our Order is better than this rocky start."

The Rodian wrinkled his snout. "When you're ready to leave, the gate guard will notify us, and we'll take care of the memory wipe."

Zar'dash held out a hand. "One last thing: we are doing this in a show of trust. Don't prove us wrong."

tvWz5an.png

There are consequences for every done deed, a reaction for every action. What could start as a pebble tossed into a pond on Naboo could become a tsunami on Lehon. Such was the mysteries of life. - Genesis Stormhelm

I looked up at the woman, a gentle smile crossing my face at the mention of her words. But in all truth, I should have known that, considering the conclave being so near as well as my scavenging the ancient temple, that it would have eventually landed me right where I was: a wanted fugitive trapped within the constructs of a prison. And for all I knew, it was my trespassing and theft that landed me rather than the crystal, a mere accident led to me by mysterious forces that my humble mind couldn't comprehend. Looking upon the shattered aqua hued Pontite Adegan crystal, the two separate crystals now no more than your typical lightsaber crystal size each, something about them seemed guided, almost as if something wanted to find it, to be in that place at that exact moment which led to this moment, and I couldn't quite shake it. Reaching down and grabbing one of its pieces, my left eye gazing upon its simplicity in an almost careless manner, I wondered on it, unaware of it being drawn to me.

Her words were surprising to me, especially after what I had seen myself, causing me to release the crystal and nearly shun it from my presence. Home. It wasn't a place I had thought about in years, seven to be exact. Yet her mention of Kath Hounds and a Vibroblade nearly stopped my heart and sent chills down my spine so frequently that my hair nearly stood straight up and bumps covered my form. What? How? The crystal? My thoughts ran into overdrive as I tried to make sense of how, at the exact moment the crystal snapped, and my head filled with memories I could only guess was her's, she saw into my past and experienced it as if through my own eyes. To be honest, this whole day was nearly unfathomable, exhausting, and overbearing. And with each twist and turn, I became ever more separated from reality. But despite all of this, something within me clung on, holding to the truth that was unfolding before my eye. Leaning back in the chair, placing my knee into my chest with my foot upon the seat's cushion, I spoke only a few words, my confusion and exhaustion evident within my blank star toward the crystals. "Home? I suppose so."

It was over seven years ago that my world broke in two and forced me to become the man that sat before her, no more than a beast who did what it had to in order to survive, all except murder. That was my limit. That was where I drew the line so to speak. Yet that day, was the day I lost my innocence, it's memory etched into the very fabric of my soul. See, my family owned a small farm on the far side of the Fields of Banir where the mining outpost was located. And many of it's workers and residences relied heavily upon my family's Kibla Greens, Yot Bean, and Tritacale crops to fair during the off seasons. So much so, that most had taken a liking to my mother and father and treated us as if we were members of their own families. And because of that, my family lived a rather harmonious life among the miners. And as for me, well, I couldn't have asked for a more communal life. I felt safe no matter where my young curious mind strayed.

At least, until the day it all ended. It was during the off seasons at the mines, and it was a harsher time than most for those who stayed behind. My parents had even taken in a few of the miners as seasonal workers to help with the growing crops as a means to support themselves until the mining season returned. So as my birthday approached, my parents decided to take me on a stroll across the fields and have a picnic near the old ruins knowing my growing curiosity with the ancient machines that the miners occasionally excavated during their digs. Another couple even came along, their daughter Eva and I long being friends. It was a blissful day, my father walking me around the ruins, teaching me caution despite the ruins being nothing more than disappearing rubble of ancient times, and even allowed me to take a piece home with me as a birthday present. And that would be the last happy memory of my childhood, all nine years of it.

For on the leisure ride home, an Iraiz collided with our speeder, causing us to crash into a nearby Blba Tree. Disorinated, my father got out, quickly checking on me and my mother. My father, Raku, a former Sergeant in the Dantooine Security Force commed ahead for medical services. Yet he never suspected the Kath Hounds that had been chasing the Iraiz, and before my mother could warn him, quickly fell to the vicious fauna. My mother, Jenna, quickly ran to his side and pulled his vibroblade in our defense. But after dispatching two of the beasts, one managed to take her down too, leaving me alone and in fear. It's a hard thing to describe, being a child of only nine years, faced with certain death when facing three full grown Kath Hounds, especially a child whom only has one eye. Yet despite the fear, despite the trembles and the reluctance to even budge from the crashed speeder, a will to survive and a hatred toward the beasts took hold of me and pushed me forward. And before I could even think, I acted. And when medical services finally arrived, they found me beneath two of the hounds, covered in blood with bite marks shredded into my body. I would spend the next two months in critical care, and by the time I was released, everything my family owned, including our home, was gone beyond my reach. I would spend the next seven years of my life living as a beggar within the same mining outpost that my family once help prosper.

My gaze shifted back toward the woman, a tear streaming down my face as my mind returned from memories of that day and focused upon those that I had saw. "I suppose what I saw were your memories as well?" I questioned, wiping my face and trying to understand how she could have seen my past, whether it was the crystal that laid before us, or the Jedi mystical powers they called the Force, a power that allowed a blind woman like my mother to see. "The awakening within a darkened room, masked beings wearing lab coats and my body aching from their prodding? The distant roar of a ship as I threw attackers about with my thoughts, ripping out the tubes that dug into my flesh as I tried to reach it? That was you?" I hated to invade privacy, but one question deserved another.

As the Jedi fleet returned to orbit over Felucia, Jedi Knight Sandy Sarna sat in the arms of the tree like apprentice Frond outside the cave from which her apprentices had just drug her. As the apprentices continued their trudge to the entrance of the temple, Sandy guided them, using the force to route their steps.

“You both did very well and you confronted demons that I didn't think you would have to face just yet. When we get to the temple we will have a full day of rest before we set route for Ilum to start a training mission to gather crystals for your sabres.”

She sighed as the gates appeared, looming through the mists.

“And here we are, no Frond if you could deposit me at the medical station, I think we all need a bit of rest as I book us a flight there.”

((Take this time to describe your meditations on what happened in the forest, as well to backfill what you would like.))

Calix Meus Inebrians

“For what very little it’s worth, I’m sorry. That’s a terrible hand to be dealt.” That same sympathetic expression remained, but Draygo’s jaw set. No doubt this child had encountered many a sympathetic glance trying to survive on his own--maybe some of those well-meaning strangers had even offered the teenager more than spare change or a guilty, murmured apology in passing--but none of them had the capacity to help in the way that Armiena had just resolved. Healing the galaxy was beyond her capabilities, but helping a single Force-Sensitive teenager to escape a life of bitter deprivation and helping him to grow into his abilities? That was something that she could help with.

Then the teenager decided to rip out her heart and remind her of a very dire situation that she had only escaped from. She lips turned downward as she glanced at the twin crystals between them, no doubt the cause of their unexpected confidence. Armiena swept them into the hollow of her boot with the blade of her hand.

Yeah, that was me. Some people found me in a rather vulnerable state, incapacitated me, and ran experiments on me for months. The Jedi only just found me and got me out of their labs. Hence… all of this.” The veteran Jedi indicated the ridiculous blue cap over her bald head. “The part that really rankles me is… the apathy, I guess. Those… people… knew exactly what they were doing, been working on me for months, knew perfectly well how profoundly unethical what they were doing was, but they treated me like a natural resource--like an item to be used for material gain.” Armiena snorted mirthlessly. “There’s nanites in them thar hills.”

She took a deep breath and wiped at her eyes. “I’m sorry, you didn’t need to hear that. It was an unfortunate situation, but it’s over. For all that those crystals decided to share between us, it couldn’t have bothered to share our names…”

drayyy.png

Alem nodded to the Jedi. "I hope our relationship continues to grow healthy as well, as I see no reason to betray your trust, unless you are try to destroy me or for some reason hide my ward." Alem took a glance at his weapons that were still on the ground and made a quick calculation. "I volunteer to leave those here until I leave, as I have no use for explosives in such a place, and nor do I think you would like a droid wandering your temple with grenades".

As Alem stepped onto the platform, he couldn't help but record the moment and mark it as something historical. Here was a droid from the era of the Clone Wars, a CIS programmed droid, stepping into the Jedi temple peacefully and with no ill intent despite still having said CIS programming. Back during the war, this would have been thought impossible. But now.... this truly was a new age.

It was a pity that this moment would probably be erased as well. His owner would've had a small joy reading this recording.

As the droid went down into the depths, seeing the large atrium and the false windows, Alem remained perfectly still. In one hand, he held his staff. In the other, the holovid. He was reviewing the footage of the two female Twileks, a red mother of 34 and a blue daughter of about 8, laughing and painting art. The two were clearly picking on each other. Alem didn't seem to mind that the other jedi who accompanied him in the turbolift could see the recording. He was too busy reviewing his calculations.

Name: Nima'aan

Calculated current age: 17

Possible changes due to age: Calculated.

Possible changes due to scarring: Calculated.

Likelihood of being in Temple: 7%

Likelyhood of name change: 40-60%

Result: Review facial profiles of all younglings close to this age.

Finally the turbolift came to a halt. As Alem moved forward, he couldn't help but note all the strange looks he got. Not that it was surprising. He calculated this would surprise most people in the temple. Even the staff game him odd looks, despite being told ahead of time by Comm from the Jedi guard on the ground floor above.

Alem didn't help make people comfortable by staring at any youngling who was nearby. For a few brief moments, he would calculate the possibility of any youngling, no matter the age, species or gender, being his ward. But a strange phenomena occurred after each quick scan. When the calculations were complete, there was a moment of dead space in his programming. His programming almost completely stopped for a moment and Alem would simply stare at the youngling. This confused Alem. This was a new development. Had his master added something else into his programming? Something he wasn't aware of? Then the moment was gone and Alem continued his search. He could try to understand this later back in the safety of his ship. He needed to find his ward.

He didn't get far in navigating the area, and eventually went to the receptionist, requesting a list of all of the names of the recent younglings who had arrived and if possible some facial imagery. As she pulled the information, Alem scanned the room again and took note of the art. Various pieces of abstract art including some....

Alem stopped. Some of the paintings seemed familiar.

Chance of being Nima'aan's: 4%

Another moment. His programming went silent. For several moments, he was just a droid, staring at a piece of artwork on the wall above the receptionist. To a passerby, she probably looked concerned, trying to get the attention of the still, old droid.

taKvoPY.png

Frond had, with little difficulty, save for a sinkhole he had almost tumbled down, found Kel and Sandy in relatively the same situation as they had found themselves originally. Sandy was on the ground, her pain radiating through The Force and Kel was standing there. The waves of emotion Frond could feel from Kel were a mixture of sorrow and loss mingled with the edging of the silvery lined dark side.

Without a word, Frond scooped his master up in his strong wooden arms and turned, offering nothing but a brief yank of his head to Kel indicating he should follow, and turned. The Force still radiated strongly from his teacher, now in his arms, mingling with the warm glow of the crystal still tucked safely in his frame. With his eyes closed, he plodded forward, reaching out into The Force, searching for the temple, a glow of golden strands intertwined into a glowing light. Allowing the light strand of he and his compatriots to search out and find those of the Temple residents, they were able to safely find their way back along a different route, up aged slick worn steps back into the sunlight and dense overgrowth of Felucia. From there, it was a longer, but relatively simple hike back to the temple. Frond hiked on in silence as he willed The Force to nurture his master’s injuries whilst also following the invisible golden tendrils that led them home.

In a while, they crested the rise leading to The Temple and out of the mists the gates appeared. Hardly bothering a glance at the guardians of the gate, Frond made his way below, carrying Sandy, as her request, to the medical ward where he gently deposited her, along with a dusting of barky dust, on an otherwise sterile white medical gurney. Turning to the attending healers he spoke, ”Sarna master I found. Impaled training by saber,” offering a brief explanation of his observances before offering a half-hearted smile to his wounded master and turning to shuffle off.

Kel have answers will, he observed. After all, his fellow apprentice had been there with their master. Why had he not done anything to help her?

Inhaling, air pouring through his very pores, he allowed the frustration he felt at his fellow apprentice to wash away as he exhaled. In his slow, plodding pace, the Neti set off into The Temple, intent on finding his fellow apprentice and friend. As he walked, his feet led him towards the atrium where the plethora of plants and streams intersected with the entry to the temple. He did not pay much attention to those around him, instead, allowing his mind to wander back to the graveyard and pit.

The Dark Side overwhelming powerful is. Daily is growing it expanding. Be back fight must or destroyed be the light. Must balance costs all at restored be. Be have sacrifices will to made.”

As he mused, his feet guiding him about, he chanced to catch the look of a rather alarmed azure skinned twi’lek manning the front desk. Clearly a followed of the Jedi way who had not gone on to become a Jedi Knight, but had instead followed another path within The Order. She appeared to be being confronted by some sort mechanized being.

Frond could feel the concern in the young twi’lek's look as if it spoke wordlessly to him. Place peace of is this a. he scowled to himself as he adjusted his shuffling to pick up speed and make his way to the desk where he heard nothing as the droid seemed to be staring off.

Having spent a majority of The Clone Wars walking Beyond Shadows, and what little of it he had not well away from the battles of the Confederacy and the Republic, Frond did not think much of the droid’s appearance. True, he had seen some of the greater moments while he reflected in the truth beyond the physical husk that now enveloped them all; but very rarely did that incorporate many of the mechanized beings, wholly creations of the fantasy that most being accepted as truth. Still, the droid was worth addressing, it was creating a stir in the peaceful light that The Temple was meant to harbor. Disturbances in this home were of a concern given the vision that had brought him thus far in the first place. Could this droid be the vanguard of that dreadful day?

”Help can you I?” he spoke, his voice slow and plant-like, asking Alem. ”Strife bring fear you chaos with you. Place why this disturb sacred?” mean you do harm?”

To the average passerby, the roughly humanoid, albeit tall, wooden tree-like Neti appeared unarmed. His warm smile and features never faded as he addressed the being that he considered to be nothing more than a figment of this darkened façade.

((EDIT: Forgot to close of an italics))

XQ19Jfm.png

The moment suddenly ended as Alem's audio sensors picked up something big had just approached him. He was slightly shocked to find something equivalent to a large tree standing nearby. This was definitely a new species to him. He never saw something like it during the clone wars. He actually felt a little inadequate with a simple electrostaff compared to this being.

Possibility of being a native of Felucia: Inconclusive.

Possibility of being a Jedi: 70%

Possibility of surviving combat with being: 20%

Conclusion: Do not offend

Alem nodded to the tree thing. It took a brief moment for him to translate and understand what the tree said. "I am here on the business of my owner. I am searching for my ward and have asked to see a list of names of the current younglings who are here, in hopes my ward did not change her name. I mean no harm to anyone and simply wish to find my ward. "

Alem then noticed that the receptionist was looking at him with an expression that did not register positively. He then took account of what the tree said about strife and fear. He needed to remedy this.

"It appears that some of my programming has some.... dead spots. It was for that reason I was unresponsive. I plan on getting this fixed as soon as I can. However, my goal is more important at the moment. I must find my ward. "

Alem looked at the tree again and made some more calculations. It was possible this being may help him search the temple a bit more thouroughly. If his memory from the clone wars was correct, Jedi had the ability to sense lifeforms.

He held up the holovid and played a piece from it to show the daughter. "I must inquire: are you a Jedi? Would you be willing to help me locate my ward? The sooner I find her would mean the sooner I would leave this planet, and with it erasure of knowing where the temple is." Then he added "It may be beneficial to everyone here to see that you are keeping an eye on myself."

taKvoPY.png

Frond quietly listened to the droid explain his quest. Slowly, he nodded his head.

”Video my knowledge is girl not in,here not" he slowly responded as the holovideo droned to a close. It was true, Frond was new here at The Temple and The Temple itself was new enough itself; however, the aged Neti had been around for quite some time. Even during his centuries long wanderings beyond shadows, Frond had seen glimpses into the goings on in the universe at large.

Chancing a glimpse at the still clearly uncomfortable receptionist he continued, ” The sides on all pressing in darkness is. Order in records our not might be we protect must them. Turn just over them cannot to anyone we. Familiar ward your not does me to. Enquire recommend I the with Empire I might? Seemingly records would their quite extensive be. Kuat perhaps of the shipyards? Records rescued of they have refugees any might.”

Turning, Frond shuffled away, back to contemplating his adventures that he and Kel had undertaken against the actual directions of their master. She had not reprimanded them. Instead she had suggested they meditate on it. Meditation was something that he could do; as opposed to reading.

Shuffling his way back into the unnaturally natural setting of the underground gardens nestled in the temple he found himself deep within a stand of bushes. There, with a golden flash and glow, where the humanoid bark covered being once stood now stood a sleek dark bark covered tree towering over the bushes; his black leaves and vines swaying ever so gently.

In such a form, Frond felt at peace. At the base of his roots lay the training saber that had, until that point in time, been tucked into a crevice within his body.

With no eyes, Frond reached out with The Force, touching the nearby plants, their perfectly simplified existence aglow in The Force. Feeling the nearby bushes and shrubs and grass, Frond extended his reach to include more plants, the pond, the fish and water-based creatures within, even the so-called-receptionist at the desk near the droid. As he allowed the peace of The Force to flow through him, washing away the darkness that had been a cloud over him since they had journeyed to the Rancor Graveyard. As his mind mingled with The Force he allowed the thoughts of what had occurred to gently pass through his conscious thought, analyzing each one in detail. The aged rancor’s attack and death, his hand in it, the foggy mists, the crushing weight of the dark side, the loss of Kel, their wanderings, and finally their escape. As he examined each memory and thought he settled on and returned several times to his and Kel’s lightsaber skills against the rancor, the warmth of the glowing light side energy of the saber crystal, and the following of the golden strands of light that bound those in the light together on an invisible level.

XQ19Jfm.png

Sarna's words had snapped Kel out of his doldrums. he knelt by her side placing his hand on the wound applying pressure while he concentrated on closing the wound. emptying his mind of fear and doubt while he healed her provided him with a sort of catharsis. by the time he had closed the wound, Frond had arrived. seeing the state they were in, Frond lifted Sarna from the ground and gestured for Kel to follow.

eventually they found the cave's exit and were once again bathed in the light of day. On their way to the jedi temple Sarna instructed them to rest and meditate while she recovered in the medical bay and brokered passage to ilum. when they arrived, kel went to his quarters to wash the blood off of his hands. Frond would no doubt notice that sarna's injury had come from a sabre. My sabre. Kel would tell frond the truth, but only after he meditated and composed himself.

after he cleaned himself off, Kel sat on his bed, crossed his legs and began to meditate. his thoughts drifted back to an earlier training session with frond wherekel had attempted to reassure frond after he had accidentally allowed the dark side to influence him. Kel wondered if frond felt the same feeling of helplessness he had at that moment... the young doran shook his head as he attempted to rid himself of his negative thoughts. "Get it together Kel. You can't change the past. no matter how much you want to." he said to himself. after an hour of meditation, Kel believed he had managed to find his center again.

He then left his room and proceeded to the gardens on the second floor knowing that he would find frond there. when he arrived he saw that frond had once again changed his form into that of a tree. Kel sat himself on the grassy ground in front of the large tree and began talking while not really expecting a reply.

"So you might have figured this out by now, but it was me that attacked Sarna. The dark side played tricks on me and in my fear, anger, and confusion, I was possessed. If sarna hadn't been there, I might have hurt you or someone else... i don't even want to think about how i would feel if that had been the case. I just felt so helpless. i was totally overwhelmed and it frustrates the ever living druk out of me!" Kel took a deep breath as he reined in his emotions. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have unloaded on you like that. I won't bother you much longer." he then stood back up. "I'll see you tomorrow when we head to Ilum. Rest well my friend. I think we're going to need it." Kel then proceeded back to his quarters where he began to rest for tomorrow.

5V8Toxy.png