Space

Ary the Grey

Aurora could feel the tension begin to settle in the air, its weight heavy, as he pulled her to the side, asking her to eat. She did as he had asked, sitting down as she tore the corner of the protein bar and unraveling its wrapper before taking a single bite, the sweetness of the caramel glaze combining with the salty taste of the nuts leaving somewhat of a bittersweet taste her in mouth. Almost as much as the words he spoke next did upon her heart and causing her to drop the unwrapped bar from her hand.

"No... that's impossible.. your lying." She managed to mutter out before grief took such a complete paralyzing hold upon her form as tears flowed like streams from her deep blue hued eyes as they, along with the color of her hair, shifted to match her emotional state. Her cry was so deep, so profound, that for almost a minute of time would pass before she was able to even gasp for air as her heart completely shattered. And yet, in his gaze and in his words, she could find nothing but truth to them. Grasping at his collar and sleeves as she buried her face into his shoulder, she utter mumbled words. "My imprisonment was only supposed to last a millenia ot two at best, the longest it was designed for. How did I not awaken sooner?"

The shock of it all, from her imprisonment of nearly thirty thousand years, added to the fact that everything she had known, all long gone, was enough to break a person's grasp on reality. But even as she processed the explanations as to how her imprisonment had even remained for so long, even if one of the Masters had poured their entire existence into the Kyber Crystalline, it would have only held for nearly ten millennia. Something else had to have extended it. Possibly the Mother's breath? But what reason would she had had? Was Aurora meant to sleep until this millennia? So many questions and so few answers, Aurora felt her stomach begin to churn and her head feel faint.

"Excuse me." Aurora managed to get out of her without regurgitating, as she rose from his chest, wiping her eyes and turning toward the hallway. "I'm not feeling well. I think I'm going to lay down for a bit. Perhaps we'll talk more about this later?"

And with that, Aurora headed away from the group, this time unaffected by her fear of them, but rather overcome with sadness so strong that it seeped from her like a misty fog of a cat. Making her way toward the cargo hole where she was earlier, Aurora found an empty cargo space atop a bulkhead where she crawled in and curled up to grieve. As sobs began to pour out of the cargo holding area and likely heard by all apparent, they would know she was processing what she had just learnt. She needed this time, and it would last awhile, until finally, all grew quiet as Aurora cried herself to sleep.

Ky4xNb5.png

"Forgive me, my mortal kin, for I knew not what I did."

• 3 months later...

Aurora sat in the ship's hold, focusing upon the grenade as she pondered upon its concept. With the fork, it was a mishap, a moment of the luck of the draw, a hungry woman's intuition combined with the power held within the small gem she wore around her neck. But could she truly do it again, her and now, with this singular grenade. Aurora was a warrior of the past, and weapons were her foreia. This was the reason behind her following Tobias, along with the fact that she owed him and the others for her release. But weild the Mother's Breath, what they called The Force, the gift of Life? She still wasn't sure she could.

During her time as an Architect for the Masters, it was forbidden, seen as an affront to the Master's graciousness and the gifts they provided. Only those of Celestial birth were worthy of such a power. But now, with the Celestial Masters disappearence and the rise of these Jedi that had rescued her, she had begun to question everything, including whether the Rakata had been right in their retaliation despite their crimes of war. Yet, neither existed anymore, or at least, were no longer walked amidst the known Galaxy as she had been told. It was a new era that she had woken in, thirty millennia having passed since her imprisonment.

Aurora searched herself for the feeling she had felt before when she pulled upon the fork, feeling her grasp upon it without touching it, noticing its texture and dimensions without observing it with sight. She closed her eyes to mimic the previous scenario, attempting to do the same with the grenade before her. And to her surprise, it came naturally to her. She could feel it's cold steel form, noticing its orb like form and even the timed detonator switch. She could feel her mind wrapping its self around it, her thoughts like webs grasping anything that caught its attention, and as she opened her gaze, saw it floating before her with amazement and glee sparkling within her eyes as she shifted them, the grenade following in tow. But why did it come so naturally? Especially when Kota struggled so hard? Reaching out with her hand, she settled the orb within her palm and stood up. She wondered if Tobias had anything to eat aboard the ship.

Her first place was to revisit the common area where the group had first gathered after her rescue from Ilum. She remembered him tossing her a nutrition bar from there and went digging about in search of a few. After location a couple, she started walking about and exploring the ship, intrigued by not only its design, but its functionality and technology, an ancient hymn being hummed about as she walked and ate. "Do you, do you hear the call... the Master's call to arms? Not in the name of war, but of aid. For the primative have evolved and ache to reach the stars. Do you, do you hear the call... the Master's call to arms? Not to weild a blade, but to offer your mind. For the primative have evolved and now wish for the knowledge of thought."

Aurora reached the cockpit and gazed into the swirling abyss of hyperspace, remembering back to a time where she helped others find their way in life, a sorrowful smile encompassing her face as she stared toward the vortex before her. She had helped so many find their dreams and places, aiding in their reach for the heavens. But now, sadly now, she was the one needing the aid of others. Finding the irony of it, she chuckled and took another bite. Whatever laid ahead of her, she held faith that Tobias and the others would guide her to her own place among them.

Ky4xNb5.png

Aurora, lost in her own thoughts, was completely oblivious to the shouting of the angered PIT droid as she went about her stroll even before her arrival at the cockpit. Some would call it potiential deafness, others could call it selective hearing. Either way, his words and voice seemingly went unnoticed and unheard. This was a defining moment for the ancient alien after all, and if she was to have heard him, he would have ruined it for her. Thankfully, this was not to be.

The semi-sentient crystal that hung around her neck, however, had. And just as it was about to yank her neck forward, Aurora felt the hair upon the back of her neck stand straight up and she felt the unnerving desire to react. React how was never completely established, only that she turned the chair around and went to stand just about the time that blue flash whizzed by her form and connected with the artificial gravity computer beside her as Tobias' foot connected with the droids singular eye. She gazed at both, a bit frightened, but more confused than anything, as her shaking hands accidentally dropped the wrapper holding the last bite of her nutrition bar.

Stuttering, she voiced her question. "Di..did...did I do something wrong?

Ky4xNb5.png

"I see..." Aurora spoke, squatting down in front of the inactive PIT droid and clanking her bare knuckles against its metallic dome as the fear washed away and a smile returned to her face. "Thankfully it was a stun bolt, had it actually connected with me. It wouldn't be the first time the realm of unconsciousness has been forced upon me."

Aurora chuckled at her own joke as she stood back up, her gaze averting as the ship began to chime, stepping backwards against a chair as Tobias slid past her, a lingering hint of alcohol permeating still from his breath as he did. In silence, she wondered his reasoning, but felt no need to question. Instead she turned her attention toward his actions and the viewpoint before them. Had they arrived already?

Breaking the silence as she did, Aurora offered up a skill should he choose it. "I've rarely had any interaction with droid programming as very few existed within the Master's Collective. But if you wish, I should be able to lessen their reactions."

Ky4xNb5.png

• 2 weeks later...

Aurora was unsure of what Tobias was doing and what was beginning to happen to the man, only that she began to feel a sensation of worry for him as he came to, his body badly dehydrated. She went to get up and fetch a bottle of water, but as she rose, both heard Kota clearly as if he had been standing beside them. As quickly as he bolted toward Kota's quarters, so did Aurora, fear swelling up in her as she grew closer, the panic of his yell still echoing in her head.

No sooner than they arrived, Aurora's gaze shifted toward the Togruta, mimicking the words that Tobias had spoken, finding his near the durasteel wall opposite them. His own gaze seemed to echo the panic in his voice, yet, in ten fold. This did not bold well and the aura of the room grew thick with as much anticipation as it did with worry. Without proper thought or consideration, Aurora went blindly into the fray as she held a tendency to do as she bluntly spoke to @Kota Ni

"Well out with it Kota... speak!"

She wasn't trying to be mean or seem uncaring. She was genuinely fearful for him and escalated by his own look.

Ky4xNb5.png

• 2 weeks later...

Aurora simply sat in silence as she gazed upon Kota's face before turning her gaze toward Tobias. Aurora had became numb to her own loses, knowing them to be long gone and likely dust upon a dead planet by now. But Kota still held a chance of seeing his sister again, even if it was in loss of which she hoped would not be. A sense of purpose washed over her at this thought.

"If there's a chance, we definitely should take it. If I had the chance to see my own family again..." Aurora spoke to @Tobias Vos with a hint of sorrow, not for herself, but for those she was forced to leave behind long ago. Leaving her words to him at that, she shot her gaze to @Kota Ni. "Calm yourself. Think hard and try to remember any details no matter how minuscule. It could help more than you think if Taris turns out to be a bust..."

Aurora didn't know of these planets that Tobias had mentioned, but she wanted to help. Her face perked right up in an attempt to give the young Togruta some semblance of hope, but if he could remember anything that would help, the more likely their goal could become reality. Either way, her blade, friendship, and presence was there whether it was needed.

Ky4xNb5.png