Space

Ary the Grey

Kel woke up early in the morning. in his quarters he found a new set of robes to replace the ones that had been damaged from yesterday's sparring match. the young doran quickly changed into his new garments. kel stowed his training sabre in the pack containing his clothes and medical kit. Then he went to join frond and their master on the ship that would take them to Ilum. Kel was hesitant at leaving his personal ship behind, but he trusted it would be there when he came back.

the transport took to the air and soon flew into the vast reaches of space. Kel was very accustomed to the experience of space travel. Compared to navigating the more hazardous areas of space surrounding his home world of Doran, this was practically a bus ride. the ship connected to an AA-9 freighter called the Courtland. The three of us boarded the freighter along with the other passengers. like his fellow apprentice, Kel took notice of the other passengers. the group of weequay mercenaries that were jovially discussing a past job were just one of many groups and people aboard a vessel capable of carrying roughly 30,000 passengers.

the three of them sat at a vacant bench so they could discuss further details of the trip. "We are a long ways from Ilum, but I believe we would have to make port at another planet or two before reaching it. so we shouldn't be on this ship for very long." Kel said in an effort to put frond at ease.

5V8Toxy.png

• 3 months later...

Our journey to ilum had proved fruitful. As frond, Kota, and Kel had each found crystals bonded to us with which we would build our sabers. Not only that, but we had also picked up a few extra passengers in a mysterious rakata called Aurora, A Givin named Ficcabin who seemed to have an interest in studying the jedi, and Adenna, my master's master. One thing was certain, the life of a jedi was never boring.

Master Sandy had instructed us to salvage parts for our sabers in the ship's repair bay. With Tobias' permission of course. Having been eagerly awaiting this moment, Kel did not need to be told twice. When Kel arrived at the repair bay, he located a rifle. Using the force, Kel disassembled the fire arm piece by piece, carefully extracting the necessary components. Kel had initially planed on integrating the blaster he had looted on ilum into his saber to create a saber/pistol hybrid, But to do that he would need to build a double bar frame to contain the blaster components. and after looking over the repair bay, Kel doubted he would find enough materials to construct such a device. "Looks like saber 2.0 will have to wait until i can procure more parts. I'll have to make do with a standard saber for now." Kel said to himself.

In the common room, master Tobias had relayed some grim news. apparently Coruscant had suffered an impact from one of it's moons. Not only that, the imperial ship yards on kuat were under siege. there was no doubt in anyone's mind that war would soon be upon us. "We should organize a relief effort for the denizens of Coruscant. in dark times like this the Jedi need to inspire hope so that fear and chaos doesn't spread. the people need to be reminded that the Jedi are protectors. And the council is more likely to agree to a peaceful mission. The sooner we can get involved the better."

5V8Toxy.png

• 3 months later...

Kel sat in silence as he and his astromech R5-N7 Flew through hyperspace on their mission to rescue his fellow Jedi. Flying through space was one of kel's favorite pass times and It always helped him clear his head. It would be sometime before he reached Garn, so Kel began to ponder how exactly they would go about rescuing the givin from a sith and his army of battle droids...yeah this was gonna be a lot harder than he thought. from what he recalled of his vision, frond was able to dispatch the droids quite easily, but he's probably bought some newer and maybe even deadlier droids since then. Neimoidians do love their battle droids after all.

"Just had to get yourself into one big pile of druk didn't you Frond?" Kel began to ponder how it was that frond had been defeated by the sith. he had sensed a great amount of fear from the neimoidian. surely such a cowardly opponent would have been no match for someone as skilled and stong as Frond is... as that thought flew flippantly through his head he recalled his encounter with that darkside spirit on Felucia. Fearful as he was back then, he swung his training saber like a madman, but for all of Kel's might, he could not stop the spirit from possessing him. When master Sandy came to save him she didn't defend herself or try to disarm him. rather she rushed to his side despite the danger in order to release him from the dark spirit's grip. in both of these situatations, it seemed that answering fear with power, only served to further bolster the darkside of the force. In order to save Ficcabin he and Frond would require a cunning strategy.

5V8Toxy.png

• 3 months later...

Thanks to the efforts of the imperial knights and the Jedi, the orphans and refugees from Chandrila were flying through hyper space to Nar Shaddaa. Kel was on one of the many shuttles the imperials had provided for the evacuation while his astromech R5 was flying his personal ship on their left side. feeling that they were out of danger at the moment; and knowing that they would arrive at their destination soon, Kel went to check in on their precious cargo.  

When he arrived he felt a great sense of unease coming among the orphans. Which was understandable given that some of them had been forced to leave not one, but two planets due to war. It saddened Kel to think that so many people had to experience such a nightmarish experience. he could only hope that they would not have to experience such a harrowing ordeal after having escaped the previous crisis.

5V8Toxy.png

• 2 weeks later...

"I would like to join the strike team Master Sandy. I believe it's time for me to prove myself in the field. Although I will leave my droid R5 should you need any assistance. Now if you'll excuse me I'll report to Commander Sanderson."  

Kel gave a small nod to Aleria when his master introduced them before walking off and leaving Sandy to her alone time with Aidan. Kel shortly followed after Aleria and awaited further instruction. 

5V8Toxy.png

• 6 months later...

When Kel went to docking bay 12, he saw Master Tobias and his ship. Kel bowed in greeting to him. "It's good to see you again Master Tobias. I hope you've been well."  soon enough, Sandy had arrived with Aiden in tow. Kel bowed in turn to his master after her greeting. "Thank you Master. I've secured supplies from the mess hall, the med bay, and as always I keep a set of tools with R5, so I am well prepared." After she introduced Aiden and Tobias, the four of us boarded Tobias' ship and ventured into space. Shortly after, we gathered in the ship's meeting room for the Mission briefing. "So Master, what exactly is this urgent mission?" 

5V8Toxy.png

The tension between Master Tobias and Master Sandy was palpable. Kel watched silently as Tobias angrily recounted his tale of betrayal and loss while attempting the very same mission that we had been ordered on now. Tobias ultimately resolved to see the mission through with or without us, but left the choice to Sandy. Whether Tobias did so begrudgingly or out of respect for Sandy was a mystery to him.

"Master Tobias raises a good point. This is a Jedi matter, So shouldn't our findings be reported to the Grand Master before anyone else? Even if we are allied with the imperials at the moment, we still need to maintain our autonomy and the rights that it holds. No Offense Aidan, but the Empress is a politician. I am skeptical as to whether or not she's asking us to do this purely for our benefit." Kel was in favor of cooperation, but he also knew from history that politics and the force had mixed results. Usually to the detriment of the Jedi and other force sensitives. 

5V8Toxy.png

• 2 months later...

"Well, at least you tried to do something. After we arrived on Ossus, I turned to the force seeking greater power so that I might be of more use. I became so focused on my own inadequacy that I was completely ignorant of my friend's plight. Seeing frond like that so soon after our reunion is jarring to say the least. Although, I can't say I haven't learned something from all of this. I know Master Tobias's plan would have kept frond from further pain, but that doesn't mean it was the right thing to do. Over reliance on the force can be not only crippling, but also lead to disastrous results. I think Tobias and Frond are proof of that right now. I think destroying Frond's saber was the right thing to do. and I think I can speak for Frond and myself when I say that we are proud to have you as our master, Master Sandy." 

5V8Toxy.png

• 2 months later...

the scavenger ship was following closely behind master Tobias' ship. Kel stood by Yava's bedside watching over her as she slept. Her breathing was shallow and and she was running a high fever. In his hand was the last vial of medicine that Trushaun had given him. He hesitated in giving this to her on the vigilance. Now her condition was in critical state. they were too far from an inhabited world to seek treatment. So now Kel was presented with a dilemma. If he waited for them to arrive at Nar Shadaa, she would surely die. But if he gave her the medicine there was a chance he could save her, or that her body would reject it and die in the struggle. meaning that she would die by his hand. Before he did anything else he began meditating in order to prevent his mind from being plagued by fear and doubt. Once that was done he reminded himself of why he was here to begin with. The duty of a Jedi is to the preservation of life and the balance of the force. He came to the aid of these people to follow through on those beliefs. And so Kel placed the medipen on her arm, injected the medicine into her body and began the process of healing Yava by empowering her immune system to purge the harmful chemical substances in her body.

5V8Toxy.png

• 1 month later...

Yava continued to stir and groan throughout the process of Kel's treatment. Kel noticed that her fever seemed to be dissipating. Although her breathing was still shallow. it was slow, but the medicine seemed to be having a positive effect on her. Eventually, Yava's eyes fluttered and slowly began to open. "She's coming around." Kel quickly opened the door and called out to the other crew members. "Hey, She's waking up! Get her some water!" Soon enough one of the crew members, a Twi'lek male came and delivered a flask filled with precious clear liquid. Kel thanked the man, took the flask, and returned to Yava's bedside.

Kel heard her curse under her breath before asking where they were. "Still in space. But we're closely approaching Nar Shaddaa. I've also called a medical transport. You'll be taken to a hospital for further treatment once we arrive. In the mean time, it's important for you to stay hydrated." Kel held out the flask towards Yava's lips. "It's water. don't worry, there's nothing in it."

5V8Toxy.png