Space

Ary the Grey

"Dirt? Farms? Warriors? Crazy family members?" Mellanie laughed. "Honestly, I'm not sure what to expect. Aruetiise like us hardly ever get to go to Mandalore. I just know what Araac has told me. But I'm going to try not to think about it too much, or I'll be so nervous I'll do something absolutely embarrassing in front of his family."

They spent the time chatting, grabbing a meal, and waiting. Mellanie found that she had to do some of the breathing techniques her father had taught her once. But above all, she was glad to be going. It was, in a way, about time. She loved Araac, and she wanted to spend her life with him. When she focused on that, her nerves melted away.

So by the time they came out of hyperspace, she was ready and excited.

DSgZUkY.jpg

Daughter of Sabian Devanus and Zara Nargal

• 1 year later...

The message came in while they were on their way to Ord Mantell, and Araac showed it to Mellanie with some satisfaction. "The ship's hold should be big enough. Otherwise we can rent out a freighter easily enough. Would your mom lend us one?"

Mel chuckled. "Only if we don't tell her that this is a job for Black Sun. She never liked them." She inputted the new coordinates into the navicomp, and the ship continued on its way.

DSgZUkY.jpg

Daughter of Sabian Devanus and Zara Nargal