Space

Ary the Grey

Tobias awoke from sleep. The craft had just exited hyperspace. There was no way they were at Ilum. They had come out too fast. Tobias cursed, he need his own ship instead of this bull, hiding in cargo crates. He lifted his crate's lid off slowly, He peered out, there was no one. Tobias sighed and lept out.

Only the emergency light was on so it was very dim. Tobias stumbled around to the rear hatch of the ship ready to jump out. He hated when ships made pitstops, they messed his plans all up. As they started to land, the gangplank started to decend, then Tobias saw what planet he was on, Nar Shaddaa.

• 1 year later...

Tobias sat in his newly stolen shuttle. It was unpleasant to be in space again, but he was away from that planet...away from those "sith".

He snorted, as he entered hyperspace for the fifth time in the last few hours. He had successfully visited five other planets, loosing whomever maybe chasing him. He finally punched in the coordinates of his final destination. Corusant.... the blue wave of hyperspace flooded his vision...

Tobias closed his eyes and waited. Nap time.

• 3 months later...

Tobias sat in the seat of some one man fighter he had stolen from the Nabooian Air Force. A smirk ran across his face as he cauterized a knife cut he had gotten in a scuffle. He was drifting along some nebula, waiting for some sort of sign for Torin. There was no need to rush things. Here he had time to think and meditate. In this small cockpit though there wasn't much room for telekinesis. He just hovered above the seat just a few centimeters. His hair flowed out and around his body. It was not in dreads anymore, but just in its single strand form. He hated having his hair like this. No matter, in a few days it was going to be fixed.

He brought the lightsaber hilt, that Torin gave him, up to eye level, he disassembled and re-assembled it numerous times. Something broke his concentration. A shock through his mind. Not in the Force, but his own memory! His great-grandfathers hilt! He brought up the lightsaber hilt and re-constructed it in a hurry. He punched in the coordinates for Dagohbah. His treasure awaited him.

A small Nabooian fighter pulled out of hyperspace in the middle of nowhere. No planets, or other ships around. Just a small nebula off the port side of the ship. In the cockpit sat a shocked Kiffar. Tobias closed his eyes and concentrated, reaching out with the Force. His master was close...relatively. A few thousand light-years out to the port. He wasn't sure, but he made a jump off towards the outer rim.

He stopped a few hours later to gain his bearings, he was running out of fuel. "Where are you...." He started, reaching out again. Torin was so close, but he needed a few more moments to pinpoint his location.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Vos just sat in the shadows while this man, woman, thing, beast or whatever it was attended to its business. Concentrating on what little that Holocron taught him. He would have liked to try and go through some training with his lightsaber, but he didn't want to venture off and get blasted by the very well automated defenses. Then the man broke silence, questioning Vos.

"My name is Tobias Vos. I have revenge intended for the Hutt's. I want to strike fear into their fat, ridiculous bodies." He looked over at the being. "And your name?"

• 8 months later...

Tobias left the controls on auto-pilot as he got up. Without a word, he got up and followed Adenna into the lobby of the ship. The young Kiffar would seriously try his best. He had to. As they walked down the hallway Sooba got up and galloped off. Possibly to Tobias's personal quarters.

Then the two stood there in the lobby. Vos hoped that she could sense how sincere he was about learning.

Tobias concentrated; the joy of helping out the down-trotted, orphans and people in general. Maybe some other thoughts were mixed into the bunch as well, but he really didn't pay any mind to them. The man held up his hand over the wound. Concentration, he imagined closing the wound with his mind. Nerves regenerated,Blood Vessels connected, fat deposits moved back into place. It took about 15 or so minutes, but this was his first time.

Peaking out he saw that the would and indeed closed and was looking healthy. He let out a sigh of relief, and moved his hand away to wipe a bead of sweat from his brow.

He summoned a piece of mirror, whom the previous owner had seen fit to break in the bathroom. He held the shard in his hand so she could see his handy-work. "Is that sufficient?" He asked.

A flicker of a smile flashed across Vos's face. "No, I believe that is more work than I am ready for. But I'm glad my skill set is to your liking." He really wished he had just learned it there, at the hospital where he met them. But, It was for the better he was on this little trip.

Adenna said she was going to go shower now, Tobias just responded with a "Have fun." and went to go grab some chow. He went around the ship, going to take a general inventory, maybe even read the robe and the ax further. Countless things needed to be done. Including naming the ship...

Headed back to the cockpit for a moment, he checked the ETA on Corusant, only about an hour left. He spun to leave the cockpit and head to the pantry. He found some freeze-dried food, along with some recent fresh food. Quickly making them, it was a sort of pasta salad. Tasting it, he rather enjoyed it.

Eating half of his share, he dumped the rest back into the pot, leaving it for Adenna. He made his way aft, to where the spray paint was on the outside. Finding the paint from the inside, or close to where it was he pressed his hands against the bulkhead and concentrated.

He closed his eyes and felt the hull. Using the Force he could feel the particles of metal- and that of the paint. Exhaling he tried to separate the two different signatures. It was very precise work, making sure not to rip a hole in the hull. After a few moments of separating paint from meta, Tobias moved on.

Walking to his room, he sat down on the bed. He patted Sooba on the head and crossed his legs, the Ax on his lap. Touching his hand to the ax he was flooded with memories. He sifted through the important ones, the ones relating to their ship. The layout of the ship, general habit's of the crew, stuff like that. He sat there for the longest time, until he heard Adenna come down the hallway.

"Very well then. But this is on the bottom of my to-do list. I already had a new design for my hilt anyways. Onto more pressing matters... On Corusant I feel you and I should split up." Tobias got up, putting the Ax from the former Slaver against the wall, then turning back to his teacher.

"I will contact my underworld Contacts...you can get ahold of CoreSec. My face does not need to be out in the public with alot of cameras, because of the spaceport...." Lights and buzzers went off. "We have arrived at Corusant, come on." The Kiffar got up to walk to the cockpit. The beast got up, "Sooba, stay." It pranced around for a second then sat back down. "Shall we?" He motioned to their destination.

Suddenly a nauseating feeling came about him. Gripping his stomach, he paused in moving. Odd, I have not felt that pressence in....ohhh....I must check this out... He thought.

As quickly as it came, the feeling was gone. He looked over to Adenna, "Nothing, perhaps the freeze dried food is disagreeing with me. Let's get planet side now." his voice trailed off as he walked to the cockpit. He needed to hit planet side.

As soon as he got to the cockPit, he grabbed the controls to take the ship in manually.

"Something happened to my former Master.... And that is something personal I would have enjoyed to keep to myself. You need to start trusting me. Your skepticism is starting to get old. Now, Here we are." Vos kept his eyes out the window, spotting an empty dock. Touching down, he got up from his seat.

"We should hurry.... I sense time is closing various options to us." He motioned for the door.

Tobias went back to his quarters as well, feeding Sooba, he was quickly out the hatch. Locking it up as he left he saw Adenna, waiting for something. Re-Fitting his coat over his shoulders, he approached her.

"I have a simple answer for you, don't ask about them. Best leave that part of me behind eh? How can I, when you bring it up all the time, don't trust me and what not. I was trained to look out for myself since I was Four years old. Deception and keeping things private is how I made it this far. I can't change on a dime, and I wish you could see that..."

He paused looking up into the sky. "I'll come find you when I am done. I locked the ship up so you can't get in fyi. You need to quit worrying about me, I am a big boy, I can handle my own. We need to find our girl, and be quick about it." And with that, he spun on his heel and walked over to where the landing ramp entered the building. It was an older building, which had a pipe running down the side of it. Vos jumped to it and held on, much like a baboon.

"Hurry up. I'll be in touch!" He flashed a smile and waved. And with that, he squealed down the pipe towards the Bowels of Corusant. A very distinct "YAH-HOOOO" Could be heard echoing from below.

(To the bowels!)

• 4 weeks later...

The YT spacecrafts zoomed through hyperspace, much like a holomercial that played every once in awhile.

Tobias walked aft to rejoin his to lady companions. He began to prep some food for them. Then a question arose, why was he cooking? No matter, he needed some food, he was going to cook it. He waited to hear some conversation from the ladies, but the Miraluka was content petting Sooba.

A little red light came on around the ship. Not a warning, just a heads up that they were almost there. Tobias started to clean up, and get his clothes situated. Not to mention a little sash for his new Ax, and a medkit.

Mentally he was going through his checklist. He would be either an automatic target for the Slavers, or they would bow down and accept him. He doubted they would bow down, they would just target him. That's why he took out his saber. Adenna wouldn't be happy, but he had a plan. Clipping it on his belt above his right buttock.

Wrapping a bandana around his head, he walked out and knelt down next to Sooba, silently for a few minutes, the two store into each other's eyes. Tobias was reforming the Mind Weld with the Anooba. Preparation for the coming battle.

"We're coming Sandy, please....Just hold on...." He said silently. And scratched behind Sooba's ears. "And we're going to get her right, boy?"

Sooba yipped. "That's right boy." Tobias laughed a little. Patted his head.

It was like watching a pot trying to boil- it was taking forever. He turned the lights off, but just the heads-up lights. Leaving the cock-pit once again, he ventured silently into the common room and down the hallway, where he spied Adenna engrossed in a datapad.

Approaching her he leaned up against her door frame, knocked and spoke, "So, are you angry with me? About her?" He asked and rested his head against the frame.

"No, she's there. I can feel it." Tobias looked down and ran his boot into the ground a couple times. "I'm not going to lose Ariana. I'm not going to lose you. And by Sithspit, We will get Sandy back." He looked up at Adenna.

"Ariana and I have a lot in common, we both lost our parents at a young age. She was lucky enough she wasn't a slave. I on the other hand...well...you saw my wounds..." He looked back at the ground.

"As for that, I have an idea. Both for her, and myself. Being a Jedi, you would know where a Light-Side Force-Nexus, or whatever their called, would be. I have something I want to try that will remove the Taint of the Dark Side permanently."

The beast came up behind him and shoved into him, but not enough to throw him flat on his face.

Tobias heard Ariana step out of the refresher seconds after he asked his last question. Then, her question of clothes came about. He looked back and noticed she was in a few towels, and nothing else.

"I'll be in the common room, should you want to continue our discussion." Turning he addressed Ariana; "You clean up good. Dry off and do what you need to do, then come find me in the common room."

He stepped into the hallway, and without looking back he started to hum and whistle.

They had finally reached Tatooine. His place of wretched memories. There was a noticeable change in Tobias's behavior. It was more drearily and sad. Memories filled his head, nightmares haunted his sleep. Finishing up cooking for the third day in a row, he clamped it down to the stove as it cooled off. If they had to do some crazy maneuvers, he didn't want the stew to go every where. Tobias looked at the clock, they were almost there, just a few more minutes. He called over the speaker for Adenna to come to the cockpit. As soon as she got there, that is if she came right away, he would have to pull out of hyperspace. He kept his hands on the controls- one on the yoke to steer, the other to pull them out of hyperspace. Tobias's eyes gazed dead on out the viewing window. Some would even say he had the Thousand-Yard-Stare.

He felt the beast sitting patiently in his quarters. Patiently, but eager.

• 3 months later...

((In synchronized orbit above the Gala Jedi Temple.))

Printing out the last of the papers, Tobias put them on the table in the common room. The Holocron data was sifting out itself in the databanks.

He looked over the Fuel logs, maintenance reports, cargo logs and other logs. It made a pretty clear timeline of construction materials and personnel being transferred to the Haruun Kal area, then transports- would fuel up there, disappear then come back to fuel up.

This disappated over time, but it was still curious because the shuttles would have need a full tank. Where were they going?

No records of the construction equipment going to Naboo or deposited on Kal. The shuttles always came back empty. A little trip to space over Kal wouldn't require every shuttle to get a full tank. The shuttles would be going places, but where would they off load construction equipment and need a full tank when they got back. Where were they unloading the people? Why were there so many electronic problems when they got back?

Questions Vos intended to find out. He rummaged through the paperwork further.

• 3 years later...

The ship worked, good. Tobias spoke to himself inside his head. Thoughts raced around Vos's mind as the pair shot into hyperspace. He wanted to ask where they were going, but Tobias bit his lip. Something didn't sit right with him. It was as if he was nervous- butterflies in his stomach. Almost as if he knew the destination.

The name of the world came out of Dahar's mouth. Gala

Memories of his time on Gala flashed in his mind. The Sith attack sent shivers down his spine. Tobias had no memory of the first time he met Dahar, he had no real memories of Dahar. Tobias knew he had met Dahar, and had an unusual friendship with the Jedi, but nothing concrete. There were memories of... Adenna. Those memories, as well, weren't really there. Memory Damage.

"I don't think we were paired up on accident. Dahar, I have said it once before: I do not know why I came back. It was not my call, it was...someone, something else. I was fine and happy in the folds of the Force. I'm trying to remember why I was put back in the physical realm." Tobias rubbed his forehead, as if pressing would help remember. "I don't remember a lot, from either existence. You can search for yourself, I am not lying to you."

Tobias would wait until Dahar requested to enter his memories. He remembered Qaela and her tricks. To be honest, it was needed- that trip. It had changed Vos for, hopefully, the better.

Dahar pressed more questions, flicked a few switches and spilled some rhetoric philosophy, then switched to a serious tone. Tobias listened, it was as if Dahar was getting frustrated. Inhaling, "I do not have those answers for you Dahar, maybe it is as you said a second ago- maybe we do balance each other out. We have come from two different path of the Force." Tobias almost cringed at that last statement, but not at the memories, or the path. The ideas of two paths almost disgusted him. "When we pass away, be it natural or violent we all become whispers and smoke. Perhaps that is our true self? Chances are that some of your being has been smoke, the airwaves on which whispers are transferred? In any manner, Why are any of us here? It is the Will of the Force. There is nothing to fight that fact. Why you? Why not your father? Mother? Were they not Force sensitive? Were they? Why you, of all people? Why not those men that fought us in the hanger? Why you and I? Why Kitt, Furion, Torin, Slicer, Adenna, Qaela, that Sith Hutt, why all of them and not someone else? Why not just one species? Why so many different species? I find myself thinking this way in the wake of my- Haha! My awakening!" Tobias chuckled at his own joke before continuing- "There are thousands of Force Users that have passed into the next realm. Some of those people- I met. I cannot describe in great detail, but that was the pinnacle of the Force. And there are planes of the Force. I can't put it into words- the feeling of being in that realm- I didn't want it to end, but it did. I was sent back by the Force, and essencially to your doorstep. Then you have the feeling to go to Gala?"

Vos sat back, heaving a sigh.

"There's a typical 'Force controls everything, it moves and surrounds us. We breath it, it's energy surrounds us, connects us all together. This is where you felt you needed to go, there is something there we need to find. Perhaps it is something you need? Or I need..."

Vos chuckled again, closing his eyes. "Maybe your questions will find answers on Gala. Maybe my questions will be as well. Either way, perhaps you should remind me- as the memories escape me- what exactly happened? I remember being there, but no specifics. Tell me of Gala's history, if you would."

"You were a Headmaster? I apologize if I never said I was impressed." Tobias replied, after listening closely to Dahar. It was a serious conversation, it was high-time Vos started acting mature. Like a civilized being. No sarcasm was intended, Tobias was at this point, being sincere. Dahar was right after all, he was the same- but still different. If Vos had a silent moment to contemplate he would be able to connect his Ghost stage to his way of thinking.

"I..." Tobias paused, finding the right words. "I don't think I had a choice in the manner. I remember I had to answer to a group of people in the realm, they presided over the domain. I've done the bits and pieces then the Kolto tanks...but the way I passed...it wasn't... I really don't know how to put this, but I was at peace with myself. I was wounded, and another Sith offered her help. Qaela was her name. Witch of some sorts, like the Nightsisters back on Kiffar. I opened up myself to her, made a connection through the Force, and then she attacked when I was most vulnerable. But I was okay with dying, I suppose. I turned my back on fighting and responded with peace. I denied her a fighting victory, and I became more powerful than I could have possibly imagined."

At this point Vos appeared as though he was in a trance, remembering these events. It was as if the fog on these memories was lifted for the first time, and you learn something about yourself.

"But I know I wasn't searching for power, but I was given it. I spent a lot of time within the Force. I told you- you see people in there. Jedi to Sith and everything in between. Even in Death, our travels are not over. I watched, listened, and learned so much, Dahar. I remember... someone dear to me, in the realm, asked me... to come back... I wish I remembered his name or face. Even why I was sent back would be a relief, but I suppose that is why we are on the move then."

"I suppose I haven't thought of wanting that power back. My memories would be nice, but... that power? All the knowledge? Too powerful, it is inconceivable, in this meatcoat. I seek the True Path, not power."

• 6 months later...

Vos sat in silence for a moment. Reflecting on what had all happened in the past few hours. Mind racing, body aching- all he wanted to do was hit the nearest bunk. Dahar had other plans though. On and on he went, chatting about things. Questioning Vos. When it appeared that he had asked his final question- Vos sighed.

His gaze was out the viewport, watching the stars slowly move. "The question is Does the galaxy even want us back? Us as in Force users in general. The Sith as you call them are out there- I can feel them. I can feel the Jedi as well- albeit they are on board with us- save one with a most curious signature.... I have no desire to do anything at the moment other than tend to Xae-Lin's wounds. Or sleep. Sleep sounds perfect right now."

He chuckled a bit- "Why are Jedi always so nostalgic?" Why everyone wanted to keep these ancient places was beyond him at this point. Scars and scars on older ruins. But these places were strong in the Force after being saturated for so long.

"I thought it quite clear- I am something more than Jedi or Sith. Do not take that as a threat or even as boldness. There is something more- Dahar. something greater than light and dark- good and evil. There's the right thing to do. That is what I am. I am a Warden of the Force. I have seen things in the next plane that I cannot put into words. What exactly is my next move, I do not know. I wish we would have taken Kirlocca's ship to orbit as well besides leaving it planet side."

Tobias was at peace with his words, and it even felt as though a great burden had been lifted off his chest with the declaration. The crystal resonated peacefully against his chest. The wicked artifact called from his bag. And the little trinket Dahar held called to him. The Force spoke to him, and Vos listened.