Space

Ary the Grey

• 11 years later...

Commander Sanderson’s eyes flickered to the approaching Jedi and he raised his hand to silence his subordinates. He appraised her swiftly, deeming that she might be of some use since she had obviously had quite significant military experience from the scars and prothstetics she had all over her body.

“Jedi Knight, are you here to take part in the hand to hand fighting of the boarding parties or are you here to get a report for our gracious teenage commander Knight Sarna?”

He treated her respectfully but with an air of imperial supremacy, that put any question of subservience far out of mind.

SANDERS.png

Andromina

Rebel Alliance Fleet Command - Lieutenant

• 7 months later...

Beth’s voice dropped to a low and very dangerous tone. The other pilots and their voices hushed in response, most eyes tearing away from looking over equipment and bunks to stare straight at the trio. The jedi apprentice, knight, and imperial Lieutenant who if this had been a holofilm would have been flushed dark red with rage. “Lack of attachments in a fighter squadron? Perhaps it's that lack of attachments that led your people to kill a billion of mine on Kuat eh? That separation from reality that led your people to stand bye as we fought all alone. I have never in my life heard such Boshtet” Her eyes flashed wide as she realized her outburst and she stepped back shaking her head. 

Beth was in no way masking her mind as they had been taught in the special forces training, if the Jedi could feel anything in the force, the vision of watching rings full of billions crash and burn over Kuat through the eyes of a child would be playing brighter than a neon holograph. Parents, brother, everyone. Dead. She had been forced into the life of an orphan at the hands of some Jedi General she never knew. The rage boiled off her and flashed away, leaving behind an empty pit of sucking void. She simply blinked and laughed to shunt away the horrible pain that was burning away at the back of her mind. Trying her best to shake off that horrid feeling of hopelessness that had come over her at that outburst. She blinked rapidly and spat out a stream of apologies before her voice became steady,

“I apologize for that outburst, you are on our side. I know this. I appreciate you being here.” Her shoulders slumped. “Just know that when we are on the ground, or in a mission, segregation isn't possible and we should be training to the environment we will be in.” She turned to Nia and nodded, the pain beginning to cut through her usually strict and calloused demeanor, which had been very obvious at her outburst. "I'm sorry, this is no way for me to introduce myself. You didn't deserve that. I am Bethany Cour de'Andromina, of the minor Kuati royal house of Adromina. I was raised in Moff Hohenlohe's service, after my family was destroyed on the rings of Kuat." She saluted the Jedi Knight as he walked off aforedecks. Calling out another apology. Before she sat down next to Nia and put her head in her hands. Feeling the caress of her leather gloves, cool her burning blushed face. "I'm Sorry." She sighed again and wiped at the edges of her eyes. “You can’t think that way about your squadmates. You can’t just not care. You don’t go and kriff them mind you, but you don’t just say that. Not when there are people that look up to you, and depend on you.” She looked back up at the fragile looking girl, then back at her own gloved hands. She made a disgusted sound and pulled her gloves off, and ran her fingers through her short cropped hair. “I don’t know what you were expecting here, but probably not that eh? This is a military operation, we can't just go and do our own thing on a military, op.”   

Andromina

• 3 weeks later...

Beth spoke to her remaining Templars for a few minutes before heading aft to meet again with the two Jedi. She forced herself to play her calm demeanour as she saluted Mjan. 

“Sir, respectfully, that is why training exists. You overcome emotions by force of habit and maneuver. I saw many friends die in the last few months and you cannot let that deter you from the mission at hand. It hurts, a lot. But it is better to have friends and lovers and loose them, then to never have had them at all.”  

She grinned a sloppy lopsided grin.

“Sorry I was rude and direct back there.”

THe hyperspace alert sounded for their arrival at Ord Mantell

“But spast to your unemotional lack of attachment. It ain’t healthy for anyone.”

Andromina