Tarrian Skywalker

I Officially feel Old...

I can't believe I joined this site over 15 years ago, when I was only 13. Flash forward to the present day, I'm married with three kids, own a house, all that good adult stuff. Obviously haven't been around much and probably won't be, and it appears the site has slowed to a crawl outside RP, but it is nice to stop in once in a while and think back on how things were on here back in the day. Hope everyone is doing well!

Wow, so many names still pop up. Two years since I posted this and it is still popping back up. New changes since I started this thread. My oldest (god is 30 now) has moved home from Arkansas. Living with us again till he gets established here, and saves to buy his first house. Licensed Therapist. My Bridgie(25) is now a Corporal in the GA Army National Guard and still working out of Fort Gordon. Moving into a town house this weekend with her three cats. Sarah (23) didn't end up at Drexel University, but Thomas Jefferson University East Falls to work on her Architecture Degree. she has 5 Semesters left. and Bret (13) starts 8th grade this year.

I am still working at the same job that I still don't like. I am apparently the work mom since other then my immediate supervisor all my co workers are younger then my kids. They are all great ladies, but sometimes I want to just wrap them up in bubble wrap and tell them to not go out cause mistakes suck. I am now Lead for the Bankruptcy Department in a national debt collection company. (No I don't actually make calls, I deal with the bankruptcy courts throughout the country and the prothonatary courts for death certs. and close accounts). Apparently someone thinks I am good at my job.

Moved to a new house, bigger. My dad is still with me. all the kids are here except the one that is in the Military. And all you guys are grown and doing well.

Now here is a name I have not seen in forever, and likely Visa versa.

Let's see if I can sum up my life since the last time we talked. My son is turning 13 this November, the one you were helping me find a means of getting rights to before I left Jnet and moved to Michigan. I also have a 19 month old little girl now, which alot of the members get an nearly weekly dose of seeing in our chats. She's definitely a Daddy's girl where my son is more prone to stick to his mom. I moved back to Louisiana in 2008 and went back into construction until 2011 when I went to school for my EMT basics. But that was a short lived career as I lost both my grandparents and my older cousin (30) in 2012. Found myself unable to work with the sick and dying when so many family was lost in the same year. So I went to truck driving for a bit locally here in Louisiana for a Dairy Company based in B.R. until I grew tired of driving nearly 18 hours every day and then settled into my current job which I've done for the last five years. Oh, and I'm turning 34 myself this November, so I'm experiencing life in a whole new outlook. Call it midlife crisis or just wisdom of aging, but either way, I'm finding my 30s to present a whole new viewpoint.

But that about sums up the last 10-11 years since we last talked. They were tough years without the community here I held so dear, but I survived them. And came back on occasion, trying to find my place back among the site. Life just had different plans I guess. But here I am again, completely returned and still an active member of the RP that I loved so much. Miss seeing you guys in it, but am grateful you're still here and about on occasion.