Vaderman

New Rankings

Well. We now have seven movies. What are your rankings?

After two viewings, this is how I'd rank:

ESB

TFA

ROTS

ANH

AOTC

ROTJ

TPM

ESB

ROTJ

TFA

ROTS

ANH

AOTC

TPM

Not much different, but I actually liked ROTJ. Seems a lot of folks didn't. If Lucas hadn't gotten in there with Ewoks and it had kept with Wookies, it might have been one of the best period.

ANH

ESB

TFA

ROTJ

ROTS

TPM

AOTC

Most people wouldn't rank ANH above ESB, I know. For me it's just too special, too revolutionary, and too good to be anywhere else though. I also really enjoy ROTJ, and the controversial Ewoks don't really take away from that.

I agree. A New Hope was THE Star Wars movie. It was where it all started for me and so it wins, hans down, irrespective of how brilliant the storyline and character development in ESB is.

ANH

ESB

TFA

ROTJ

ROTS

TPM

AOTC

Well we've got nine films now. I find Rogue One kind of tough to rank among the episodes, but I'll include it anyway. The Last Jedi I'm also conflicted on at the moment, but my thoughts right this moment:

ESB

ANH

ROTJ

TFA

RO

TLJ

ROTS

TPM

AOTC

Hmm, this is a tough one. I'll go with:

ESB

RO

ANH

AOTC

ROTJ

TLJ

ROTS

TPM

TFA

I'm clearly in the minority here--I think AOTC is by far the best of the prequels (Obi-Wan's plotline is THE BOMB.COM). And I liked TLJ a lot more than TFA, honestly. Not that TFA was bad, but it had the hard role of being the first of a new trilogy.

I almost gave Rogue One first place. I loved that movie. But ESB has to take it.

Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

Rogue One

Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones

Phantom Menace

The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi

Being honest, the new movies are just getting worse and worse. Not just that they are predictable (excluding the whole killing Snoak, literally the only major surprise for me in the movie), but in terms of logic and character development. I simply cannot abide or suspend belief when movies are just blatantly insulting to their audience's sense of logic. Plus, I truly, deeply hate the changes to Star Wars that were made in the new movies (Rogue One excluded).

Rogue One

Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

Return of the Jedi

Solo

Attack of the Clones

The Force Awakens

Revenge of the Sith

Phantom Menace

The Last Jedi

My (controversial) list 😛