Commander Cody

It's been a while!

I just noticed that as of November 29 I've been a part of this community for 10 years. The last couple years I've been off and on but still love popping back and checking in on what's going on, even if I don't post as often.

10 years is a long time and a lot can change. 10 years ago I was in Grade 10, and since then I've graduated High School and University, gotten married been teaching for 4 years and I just hit another huge milestone, I became a father on Oct 8 to a little boy, Zachary.

It's great to see so many people popping in to say hi!

imagejpeg_2_zpsyx1tplfv.jpg

Congrats Cody! It's great to see you drop back in. What are you teaching?

This year I'm teaching a grade 4/5 split, although I've taught grades 2-3, and 7-9 Math and Science.

Nice. I've been doing the non-contact time this year as librarian (though it's all been computer skills, not library stuff) and next year I'm on a grade 5 class for 3 days a week as a job arrangement unless I snag a permanent spot in another school.

Hey all!

How have things been going? Since the last time I posted I became a father again. My son is almost 3 and I have a little girl now who is 5 months. Her name is Jaina. Life with 2 kids is so much fun!

I'm still teaching but finally locked down a permanent contract with my school board. My wife and i actually teach at the same school. I teach grade 7 math and science and she does the same in gr 8.