Stephen

How are you taking the "Legends" news?

So now that you know that so much money, time, brain cells, memory capacity, etc. used on the "old" EU has been deem non-canon, how do you feel?

Do you feel like it was a waste of time? Do you still enjoy the stories anyway? Do you think it was a bad move?

Chaning what we grew up with as EU to Legends is, I think, a bold move. Personally, I've no issue with it. The stories are still good (for the most part), and they are and will remain popular. I would not be surprised if various elements of some of the different stories appeared in the new canonverse. I like that everything will now need to be vetted and approved within the single story line as it will prevent what has happened to DC, Marvel and Star Trek, where there are a massive number of different storylines, reboots, and alternate universes.

True, I like that it's all official canon from now on... just bummed that all of the useless data I had in my memory is now... well... even more useless.

Just like comics, they stories can be rebooted constantly, but it doesn't mean that the stories didn't carry any value. Artistically they still remain as good stories, that is what matters to me.

Just like comics, they stories can be rebooted constantly, but it doesn't mean that the stories didn't carry any value. Artistically they still remain as good stories, that is what matters to me.

This exactly. I like the old stories, and they're still there. It also makes sense to clean them up to move forward with the movies. I do hope we see new incarnations of familiar EU characters from time to time, but even if we don't, I'm good with the change.

You didn't like ANY of them, Mael? Not even the Thrawn trilogy?

I probably didn't give it a fair chance. However, there needs to be a temporary finality to these storylines. Destroying the Death Star, Emperor, and Anakin's redemption....that is everything with the bow on top. Let the galaxy have peace for a few decades.

Can you imagine a story line where we defeat the Germans in WW2, but a splinter cell of Nazis comes back and we have to deal with that?

To be fair, there are consistently groups of Neo-Nazis popping up in Eastern Europe.

I think it's a good move, overall, and I think that it will strengthen the SW universe in general.

You didn't like ANY of them, Mael? Not even the Thrawn trilogy?

I probably didn't give it a fair chance. However, there needs to be a temporary finality to these storylines. Destroying the Death Star, Emperor, and Anakin's redemption....that is everything with the bow on top. Let the galaxy have peace for a few decades.

Can you imagine a story line where we defeat the Germans in WW2, but a splinter cell of Nazis comes back and we have to deal with that?

If you get the chance Mael the Thrawn Trilogy was adapted into a Graphic Novel by Dark Horse with amazing art. Faster read too.

I can't imagine it has all the plot development and character depth though, does it?

It actually still does for most of the characters. You obviously miss out on a ton of the internal dialogue an omnipotent first person narrative gives us via all the characters, but the way the camera is used, plus some internal dialogue comes out as thought bubbles, does still tell the story in a gripping way.

Recently read Darth Plagueis, Kenobi, and Dark Lord Rise of Vader. Loved all three. Plagueis really gets you into Palpatine's head like never before. I know they don't count as canon anymore, but it is fiction and I read it because I love the lore of Star Wars, regardless of what Disney says.

Recently read Darth Plagueis, Kenobi, and Dark Lord Rise of Vader. Loved all three. Plagueis really gets you into Palpatine's head like never before. I know they don't count as canon anymore, but it is fiction and I read it because I love the lore of Star Wars, regardless of what Disney says.

I really enjoyed Plagueis. The first chapter was rough- I didn't get into it, but this is a very well written book with some specific attention to detail. I wasn't thinking about Kenobi, but I should acquire Vader....

I'm looking forward to Aftermath #3