Tarrian Skywalker

It's been a while

Since I was on this site... have a new fandom recently and am getting my life back. Horrid marriage put to the wayside... extremely happy about that... lost 20 pounds already and only have 15 more to go... not including the 265 pounds of couch potato husband I lost to begin with. Finally went back to work and after only 2 months, I am almost caught up on all my overdue bills... My son graduated with his master's degree in July, my daughter is still in the Army and getting ready to graduate from the Defense Language Institute in 2 months, my Sarah is doing great in her first semester of college, and Bret is still working hard and making honor roll so far in 3rd grade.

I got contacts, so I am done with having to wear my glasses. Letting my hair grow back out since I had more then 12 inches cut off it in June. have been exercising and I started taking a class.

Trip to CA at xmas planned and purchased all but the damn rent a car... which is going to cost as much if not more then all the airline tickets combined. Good Lord, I could but a cheap junker for what it is going to cost me to rent a car for the trip. 3 days in Monterey, CA... 4 days in San Diego, CA, and then 4 days in Los Angeles, CA. Xmas Eve and Xmas Day in LA... it is going to be awesome. Just me and my girls then since Bret will be spending his xmas with Dad and grandmom.

Having my teeth fixed after the holidays, and am looking forward to having a great smile.

How have you all been doing, and what is up with everyone? Tell me everything since I spend less and less time on sites. Big Hugs, Chrissie

here is what I look like now.

GLP_7513.jpg

GLP_7551.jpg

GLP_7535.jpg

GLP_7472.jpg

GLP_7440.jpg

You look good, woman! I'm happy you're happier now! We've all had our fair share of drama in the past, eh?

Most up-to-date of me:

Current-Me_zpsc1bfdf78.jpg

Most up-to-date of Erin and me:

Current-Us_zps54a36c77.jpg

Most up-to-date of Lily:

Current-Lily_zpsc5e44e95.jpg

Most up-to-date of Evie and Gabriel:

Current-Babes_zps92d802b4.jpg

These kinds of posts always seem weird. Next year will be fifteen years of this site. I went from visiting and posting constantly to avoiding much of it to avoid spoilers, to getting occupied by other online stuff and finding what looked like a whole new crop of people with thousands of posts. Of the longtime people on this site, I've probably had the least life changes. No kids, marriages, moves to other towns, etc. I also don't care anymore about having a familiar name on the internet. Anyway, I come here so rarely that I expect to one day type "jedi" and my jedi.net shortcut discovers the site gone.

Glad to hear things are going well for you now Tarrian.

I've never really left since I joined. I'll take a break for a while from time to time, these days a weekend here and there, but that's about it. I was talking to a mate tonight, and I realised that this time next year, I'll have finished my course work and will only have my Research Thesis to write for uni, and I'll be able to start teaching. Kinda scary to think how quickly the last few years have gone and how much has changed.

Stephen, the kids are gorgeous. and 15 years isn't bad... we all are in our geekdom here and never judged. It's a perfect place to be.

Glad everyone seems to be doing good. this is going to be my first xmas where there isn't a ton of xmas presents wrapped under the tree, and kids tearing into them. my older three already know that this trip is pretty much xmas... while my oldest most likely isn't able to join us... I finally had to tell the 25 year old that at some point I just can't keep paying for everything. LOL... so he is getting cash for xmas. and if he wants to join us in CA, he has to buy his own tickets, but his hotel will be paid for.

the only one of my kids getting substancial gifts is the little guy that still believes in santa.

What is everyone else's holidays looking like?

Posted (edited)

Twenty years since Jedi.net started. It might have been cool if it were still around as it was.

Edited by FARLEY BOBA

On 5/24/2019 at 10:14 PM, FARLEY BOBA said:

Twenty years since Jedi.net started. It might have been cool if it were still around as it was.

A lot of people are still around that you may or may not know. We are all on a discord channel for the most part, and keep active in that channel as a whole.

On 5/24/2019 at 7:14 PM, FARLEY BOBA said:

A lot of us are around, but many of the old kids packed their bags a decade ago 😛

However as far as the old phpbb1-2-3 unfortunately it couldnt keep up with the times

If you don't mind me asking...where are you guys posting or chatting at now? I would love to see some old members.

Posted (edited)

Tarrian,Filthy Jawa, Rijos,Rose Skywalker,Darth Jade,Big Sully,Stephen,AdiWan,Neimoidian Princess,JJK,Rick,Thanos, even my old nemesis Ben.

Edited by Sithdog
  • Like 1

Hey hey guys missed you both! A lot of us use discord, but many of those old members have lost touch sadly

It's comforting to know some of you guys stayed running the site. I joined back in 2005....when Kakuto was leading the Sith. Good times......is the RP pretty active these days?

5 hours ago, Revan Khanjell said:

It's comforting to know some of you guys stayed running the site. I joined back in 2005....when Kakuto was leading the Sith. Good times......is the RP pretty active these days?

It actually is man, and has grown a lot from the tail-end of winter when it was dying out again. 

Most activity you'll see is on our discord server which was posted a few posts up, but yeah. There's probably some people still here from that era that you'll remember.

Awesome! I'll definitely get into the discord.

My character's last affiliation was with the Empire and the Sith. Where would you reccomend i jump back into things? You're character is leading the sith correct?