Rhen Var

Lord Ar-Pharazon

Vos sighed... "I am not stalling, my friend... I just... I don't know what to do. I want to go back- give them everything. Last time I did that... well... Darex saw fit to remove me from the council- I've been treated with suspicion ever since Dahar appointed me a master. Anything I do... get cast with suspicion and immediate judgement. I've found no respite within the Jedi... why? Have I not tried?"

He brought up his left arm, the closer one to Kirlocca, palm up. There were wisps of light coming from him, as if it were steam rising from his own body. This would have tricked anyone else- but both of them were Jedi Masters- they knew what was going on- it was a apparition of the Force, a reflection of Vos's mood. He wanted to return to the ethereal bliss of his former life- his life as a Seeker. If you could call it that, a life beyond life as most being knew it. Such turmoil was hidden away inside his mind, Vos wanted nothing more than to return and become part of the Force. It was similar to a deathstick junkie who had gotten clean, turned around their life- but still wanted to go back to that life. The feeling of being part of that realm was so enchanting, he wanted to run back to it.

With eyes closed, and reaching into the Force to become one with the current- Vos spoke softly: "A Jedi must be willing to sacrifice his life for the greater good, without hesitation. They must not be foolish about it. One may know of their death, but go willingly all the same." Almost in some measured, demonic state- he pulled his hand back as the vapors increased in size and speed, reaching down to his elbow. Slits allowed him to see his hand, but his face was that of bliss- of being one with the Force. "I have a mission, Master Kirlocca. I must find the Orb of Remembrance. I must retrieve it so that the collectors of these Force imbued relics don't find it and give it to the Sith. I need to bring it back here, and then- the Seers will come. My people will come- but I doubt we will be enough to fight through the challenges."

He paused as his hand rotated and his fingers toyed with the air, a small smile crept up his lips. "But, it is why we came back. It's what has to be done. The Orb belongs to the Lake, and to the Lake it shall return. I will return your Holocron and ship to Ossus, I will send Tom to retrieve the last two Jedi Ace's on Gala, I will gather those from the Peregrine Project and we will push through and receive the Orb. DuVos will follow in my footsteps and become a Jedi himself, as will Sarah. I will see it through- or die in the attempt."

His hand closed to a fist and the vapors disappeared. The green eyes scanned his fist- then over to his Master. "Looks like you have pointed me in the right direction without meaning to... or did you." Vos chuckled even though he realized the task before him, that he just finally brushed away the final layers of darkness, and remembered why he came back. Which would with almost certainty, be his death. Despite the revelation- he was okay with that. He was ready to move on- ready to have purpose. "I suppose I should let you be about your next task. I do wish you would be there in the end with us, but our paths are different." He shrugged, indifferently. It was a fact, and there was no use worrying about it.

"I see now-" Tobias indicated the broken datapad from Ossus, "-that Dahar was trying to manipulate me into moving against you. In so doing, I apologize for my behavior and mistrust of you. I've been manipulated in one fashion or another for years- and now I do see truely. Did you have one of those moments- when you became one with the Force?"

It was a deeply personal question for the pair to exchange, but in this place- they would be connected and see into one another. Vos did not seek anything within Kirlocca, not even forgiveness- Tobias realized his mistakes, and would move forward with his actions. It wasn't often you could speak so openly with the Grandmaster and accuse him of making mistakes, but he was a Jedi... and Kirlocca wouldn't kill him. Unless this was all a mad delusion or a Dark Side Force Illusion and Slicer was infact alive and well- and was about to kill him. Either way, the question was bold, and there wasn't much to stop Tobias. Kirlocca could always deflect the question anyways. Either way- it didn't matter. That was how he knew he would become one with the Force once again- but it wasn't a path he could run down- information was power afterall.

Kirlocca took a very long few moments to respond after Tobias Vos had finished with letting all of his emotions and weights within his own mind come out to the foreground. If anything, it was a flare or spark if you will for the once Jedi Master. It told him that his trust in others to make their own way was indeed correct. Letting himself express a huge inhale of air, or rather, just the motion of it, he offered up a bright smile.

<< Tobias... Your life has been one marked. The Force is with you, and I was able to see back then that you will become a great light for the Galaxy. But like I am sure you have heard this one before,... Always in motion is the future. There was no guarantee you would make it there. There still isn't. I can't tell you anything more about the past or future that you don't already know. You are here. You have a vision and a purpose. You don't need me to tell you that. You have always known it. You only need to walk it by this point. >>

Kirlocca lowered his head to think a bit more upon the final questions before giving him something worth his time.

<< When I became one with the Force... my thoughts only went out to the one whom I failed... But they were short lived, as I was greeted by all of those who transformed into the Force before me. >>

Kirlocca's own mind now seemed to be on her... The very one he failed.

An encrypted comm arrived, bearing the data package signifying its origination from the Jedi Council.

Knight Alluyen,

Master Trevelian informs me that you were on a mission of some personal nature. We may have need of you coreward as soon as you are able to return. Please advise as to your current status and any relevant reports, and let me know if you need anything.

May the Force be with you,

Master Skywalker

53bzzl2.png

...why are the pretty ones always the most hazardous to your health?

May the Forth therve you well...

Leaning forward, his elbows on his knees- he reached out with his right hand. In a motion that he was controlling the Force. It was a technique that he learned during his time Beyond Shadows. The wookiee was watching him; would he know what Tobias was trying to do? With his breath coming in and out easily, juggled the thoughts in his mind.

“ Why is it always the Light versus Dark? I answered a higher calling when I was… when I moved beyond my physical body. That is why I need this Orb back. I’ve been here for a year and I just remembered what I came back for, it’s been a carnival ride of up and downs. I doubt I will survive the journey, but that is okay with me. I might survive... would you teach me then?”

His tone made it sound that, while expecting an answer his mind was already made up that this last task would end him. The question held hope though, even if Vos didn’t want to admit it.

A quick glace to Kirlocca a satisfying smirk played across his face, then his eyes went back to his hand- and a loud pop reverberated in the room. A mug from the food prep area appeared in his hand. With a movement as if a toast, he gestured to Kirlooca- then took a sip of the caf.

“Do you believe there is only the Light and Dark sides of the Force? Have you ever wondered... why the Force works in such mysterious ways? That mystery always troubled me, at least it used to. I used to think there was only the light and the dark, but I don’t have blinders around my eyes anymore.” He shrugged, his revelations were his own, but he would share with his friend. If that’s the direction they went, who knew? But this conversation would soon come to a close, and they would be out of here soon. Well, Kirlocca was everywhere and nowhere- one with the Force. He, Tom, Tut, Chal’lar, Sarah and DuVos would walk down that path... especially with Chal’lar being partly responsible.

• 2 weeks later...

“I can see clearly now. Or at least that is me being bias. I experienced eternity beyond shadows, in a split second, but I always wanted to return. I also never wanted to come back. But…” a long sigh- the cup disappeared from his hand. If Kirlocca looked over back to the food prep station- he would see the same cup back there. Same spot Vos left it when he walked back over here. Almost as if it hadn’t moved, did it ever move? Did Vos really drink from the cup?

A smile came across his face, and he pulled his saber-staff around into his hands. Bouncing it back and forth in his hands with the base resting on the metal floor- it rotated in a loose circle in front of him. “I am going to leave, Master Kirlocca. I have to return your holocron, your ship, and give a few Jedi Aces to the council. Two are still left on Gala, Tom has ten in the freighter, and I will relay such information to Darex.”

Vos rubbed the spot between his eyebrows. Trying to massage a headache away, it was starting to take over his head. The synthetic material of the jacket rubbed against itself with a slight rustle, the hum of generators in the background permeated the room. Construction or excavating sounds came from the back of the 100 square foot room- behind a blast door that looked as if it hadn’t been opened since it was installed, almost a decade ago.

With a deep breath, Tobias let his thoughts flow out of him. His saber-staff, which was sectioned off in different tiers of weapons. Obviously the lightsaber at the top, with a hidden second blade that if activated, would obliterate the bottom half of the staff and the gizmos hidden in the shaft. The smoke grenade at the bottom- the small sphere. Above the sphere was the spray net emitter, kind of like the one big game hunters use to capture their prey. Non-lethal, and could double as a tether or grapple. A triple shot blaster was above that, and then the section for the other end of the second saber. The two blades could stay connected together, or separate, depending on what the task called for. Pulling his hand away from the saber, he let it sit straight up. Held there by the Force, he punched a few keys on his green datapad, then a few more on the blue datapad, lastly onto the third datapad- the one that seemed key to his operations from Peregrine Order, to the Shadows, Catnip Station.

The Force pulled at him- trying to pull Tobias from Rhen Var. This place was not meant to be his tomb, his resting place was worlds away. That is what The Force was telling him. Tobias rose- his hand moving to the left towards the control panel that was almost as big as the wall and pressed a few buttons with his connection. The cloning pod sealed- a materializer spun up in the background and started to move the emitter of the space where his last design called for- a small droid. It would run in the background while he was away. Vos made sure his own holocron was stashed safely away, as well as the broken datapad. Grimicing, he left his old lightsaber in there, as well as the holocron Lucifer had given to him on Byss. Tobias regretted not taking Sandy to that particular location, maybe which was best.

Everything that could be left behind- his accounts on Muunilist, safe from theft by any means except for the robbery of the Muun world itself. His encrypt codes and access keys, and well, basically everything he had accomplished in the last year since he had been back.

Scratching his beard, he decided to trip it in a few places. After doing so, it was time to leave here. There was nothing more to do. He had things to do- and Kirlocca could come aboard if he so chose, and Tobias did invite him to come along if he wanted to. Stepping out into the cold, he noticed that his old N1 was there- buried in snow and ice. Tom’s freighter was already gone, and there was his ship. The old YT ship. Unaware if the ghost followed him or not, he ascended the ramp and made the ascent to space- and let the azure blue take over the cockpit. The PIT Droids were not thrilled about being downgraded to ‘co-pilots’ but they had no choice.

“Alrighty boys, we need to have a chat…”

“Is this the part where you tell us we’re uncles?!” Ni asked. Despite being a small droid with no expressions- it was obvious he was excited. Knight and Ikky looked at him, then back to Vos- they were all excited. Ikky threw up his hands and ran around in circles.

Vos was taken aback- What? No! was his first reaction- but then he wondered if Adenna was pregnant. There would go his plan. But wait- no. Geki ruined her. No, what? “What? No, shut up or I will throw you into the sun.”

“Which one?” They all seemed to pause and settle down. Ikky went from elated to depressed.

After sputtering a bit, Vos found solid ground. Why were… it didn’t matter. “Last I checked, all fireballs melt droids. Shut it!” Vos cut Ni off before he could retort. “Anyways, we’re going on a dangerous mission, and if I die- I need you to take care a few things. I may even need to you… be responsible.”

“That’s not in our programming.” Ni replied, nonchalantly.

Vos grimaced- “Either way…” his voice was stern. “…here you are, if I die- you’ll be able to read this datachip.” He handed over the chip. “I will need you all to read through that and do what it says. Regardless of when and how I die.”

“You know it’s our job to protect you?” Ikky explained, a blaster in his hands.

His eyebrows raised, then furrowed. But of course. “Either way, things are going to happen. I need this to be done. This will be the only way you could help me.”

“Fine.” And Vos got the impression if Ni could roll his eyes, he would have. But he only had one eye, and that’s it.

Vos thanked them, and started to run down the plan to the droids- and asked the state of his ship. Would it really hold up to what Vos was wanting to do? What had to be done? The ship was fine- the gun turrets were slaved properly to the cockpit. The ramp was geared for space walks- or drops without causing explosive decompression throughout the ship. Even the three customized missiles designs he sent a moment ago were being worked on already.

“Leave me be, I need to go take a nap.”

Ni made a sarcastic comment about napping with a female and humans being humans. Vos ignored the comments and jeering. Gently, he slid down to the bed next to Adenna. His saber-staff was resting gently in the corner. Idly watching her sleep, he tried to memorize all her features- the wrinkles of her face, the soft exterior to the woman held within. He closed his eyes in an attempt to shut the headache out.