Rhen Var

Lord Ar-Pharazon

Kailen stopped abruptly and looked up to behold the massive door. All of the metal carvings and any perceivable latches or locks were part of just one big giant rock of ice. Kailen's expression went immediately from awe to bewilderment. She didn't know how to deal with this; not off the top of her head anyway.

The young carrot haired Jedi paced back and forth in front of the large obelisk of ice and continued to stroke her chin with her right hand while her left hand clasped her right elbow; like she did other times when she was in deep thought. Her face was whiter than normal, because unlike her body, it wasn't shielded from the cold and was exposed to the full force of the planet's low temperature. However, the blush of her cheeks, the hat she procured from Allos and the large sheath of orange hair kept her head warm enough that it wasn't a huge issue.

Her emerald eyes pierced the depth of the metal husk and she couldn't see a way to get it out of the frozen husk. Unless...

"Halo!" Kailen said, beckoning the other Jedi to her side. "I remember something that my former master told me. It isn't as pronounced as it was back then either due to brain damage or just general forgetfulness, but I remember a technique he used to maintain his body heat in the cold climate. Its ironic I remember it now, but given my little experience with using the force under stress, I don't think I could maintain the technique all the time even if I wanted to. However, we might be able to do something different with that technique and use it to melt the ice. If we can make our body radiate at normal body temperature for however long, we might be able to melt the ice with our hands and get it away from the metal."

Kailen looked at Allos for a moment and then grimaced. "Allos you may want to step back. If this doesn't work or worse - if this backfires - you may want to stay away from the hulk for a little bit." When she was done talking to Allos, Kailen quickly turned her head back toward Halo and she walked closer to the hulk with her hands out in front of her. "If you have been taught to channel the force Halo, this shouldn't be a problem. If not, that is okay, I will help. Basically what you need to do for this, is you need to empty your mind, build up the force inside of you and release it as heat. Energy isn't created from nothing, so the more force energy you pour into yourself, the hotter you should get... Theoretically speaking. You will want to be careful though. The hotter we make ourselves, we could reach levels so hot that it would damage our systems. It won't happen instantaneously, but it could ruin our internal systems and possibly do more harm than good. There is also the strength of the ice structure to worry about. If we melt it too fast, it could come crumbling onto our heads. Either way, we won't know until we try."

Kailen didn't know if she needed to say that last part, but at least it was honest. She made sure she had Halo's attention and then followed her own instructions. She emptied her mind and let her body slip into the world around her. It wasn't as smooth as it was years before, but she forgot most of the muscle and mental memory that came with years of training. Even her former master's words were blurry and incoherent, but she remembered the feeling of the force and when she relearned how to tap into the force on Gala, she embraced a part of her self that was almost lost in time. She remembered a part of her mind that she though lost and was a lot more comfortable with herself. That being said, even with the pleasant sensation filling her mind, it was still immensely difficult to focus on transitioning force energy into thermal energy or heat. It took all of her concentration and a lot of her strength to change the physical properties of the world around her and when she finally managed it, crystals of beaded sweat broke out on her face, accenting the freckles already there.

Her hands swelled with an immense temperature and she put them directly on the icy hulk before them. It didn't take very long for it to work and when it started, Kailen's contentment and satisfaction drew her onward. Water and various forms of trapped chemicals that were housed in the frozen ice began pouring out around her at her touch and just pushed past her onto the ground. Due to the freezing temperatures of the planet, the water and other chemicals started to freeze as soon as they left her hands and eventually Kailen had successfully formed a tunnel of ice that she was burrowing through toward the center of the large structure.

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

Alos had his jaw, almost literally due to the cold, but he was in shock as he witnessed what the young female Jedi named Kailen was able to do. It took him a short while before he could even muster the right words to respond with.

"That's quiet a feat young lady. If you were able to pick that up from your former master, I feel like having your former master around would be something well worth me onlooking. But that's neither here nor there."

Alos wasn't sure if Kailen and Halo were Jedi Knights or random padawans now, as most had single master travel with them. And from their conversations, it seemed that neither was above the other. But Kailen did keep referring back to a former master, which made Alos think that it could only logically be that the two were Jedi Knights.

"There will be a few more trouble tasks once were get inside, or so the rumors declare."

"The Jedi on Gala did say I was a natural." Kailen smiled, but seemed relatively busy. "Really though, I can thank some familiarity with the force and memories of a long dead master. Its likely that Master Kirlocca will have even more things to show us when we get back, if he's willing." Kailen said in between bouts of slurry that rushed past her. Her forehead was covered in sweat, but it was virtually undetectable in the icy cold that enveloped the group. She was exerting herself a lot more than she needed to, because she hadn't attempted the technique in ages and because she didn't understand what finesse was required. She did get a little bit of assistance from Halo, but the other padawan at her side seemed to be distracted with something so the help wasn't enough to take the load off of her. Kailen couldn't tell what Halo was focusing on, but it was clear to her after most of the ice was cleared that she was focused on something else.

Kailen looked at Allos and slumped a little bit, resting her hands on the tops of her knees and panting from exasperation. She wiped the crystallized sweat from her brow and rubbed her hands together in an attempt to warm them.

She was just about to walk over to the exposed doorway when something Allos said made her turn around. Her expression wasn't irritated or upset, but she did show concern in her bushy red eyebrows.

"What 'trouble tasks', Allos?" Kailen said simply, wrapping her arms around her chest.

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

Alos was suddenly embarrassed. Kailen's response made him jump just a bit, as her sudden turn around just happened to catch him completely off guard. With a quick smile to show his own acknowledgement of the embarrassment of his reaction to her.

"Oh nothing of great worry. Rumors say there is some sort of large machine within that responds to interaction."

Alos took a moment to really think upon what sort of information he could provide on the thing.

"Truth be told, I really don't know what sort of machine it is. From the rumors I hear, it responds to whomever is trying to activate it. Some of the rumors say it's one of the old data terminals that were used to protect the Star Forge. Others say it protects a Jedi weapon they want to keep hidden."

Alos now looked towards both with a face heavy in a somber expression.

"The rumors are just too scattered to actually say what it is."

Kailen was a little wary of this sudden realization, but the key word ‘machine’ piqued her curiosity more than anything else. Hundreds of possibilities held her mind in awe for a few minutes when another sudden realization caught her off guard. It might have been the freezing cold or the fact that she was wearing a stranger’s jacket, but something felt off. She looked over at Halo and Allos with a sidelong glance, thinking about the possible danger that Kailen was leading them into. It’s true that Halo was about the same age as her and it’s true that she and Allos had been helpful in getting the group up to this point, but what kind of partner, leader, or friend would Kailen be if she led the two of them into danger because she was curious? Not a very good one, that’s sure. However, this was their mission right?

Kirlocca sent them to this planet to find something and this most certainly was ‘something.’ What it was, the group was still unsure, but waffling outside the door wouldn’t do them any good anyway. Kailen took a moment or two more, holding her chin in the palm of her right hand, but when she figured that she had puzzled and rested enough, she braved her ice tunnel and placed her hand on the cold metal of the door. She had gloves, but she could still feel the sapping metal beneath her, trying to grab at her fingertips. It chilled her to the bone, but she pushed on regardless.

She pulled the energy back to her hands, but isolated it in one hand this time and held back enough to save energy. It was a simple trick to do so little, but it helped a great deal. What happened next though, made her jaw drop as much as Allos’ did earlier. The door came alive at her touch and shook the ice off of it. Well, ‘shook’ might not be an effective enough word for what it did. The ice wall surrounding the door ruptured around her and without thinking Kailen rushed past, grabbed Allos’ and Halo’s sleeves, and yanked them away from the massive avalanche.

She didn’t know how far she had to go, but when she could no longer hear the cracking or the smashing, she stopped and let go of both Allos and Halo. She turned around to look at the gaping open door and marveled at the amount of ice that held it closed for however many years. If it had been a simple sheet of ice it wouldn’t have been as impressive, but when the structural integrity of the ice ‘wall’ collapsed – a sheet of ice that was easily ten feet deep – Kailen couldn’t just stand still.

In fact, she was still staring at it for a few minutes when she decided to look over at the others. “Well,” she said with a half-smile, “let’s hope there are no more surprises eh?”

Kailen was slightly joking, but deep down she hoped there really were no more surprises. She didn’t really like surprises…

((Halo said she would be out for a bit. She said we could move on a little bit. I am not trying to go at a sprinting pace just in case she comes back in the middle, but I want to keep it going.))

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

Alos watched for a second from the corner of his eye the very reaction from Kailen. It was a bit unnerving to be able to read her as much as he could. While she showed herself to be calm, there was that bit right below the surface that gave way to her uneasiness of the situation at hand. While he was grateful for her ability to move and save him from the danger of the falling ice wall, or what was left of it. Taking from her lead, he gave her a slight head bow.

"Well then, let us move forward to discover what these ruins actually hold."

Alos then stepped forward and began to walk into the structure, withdrawing from his own pouch a glow rod for the purpose of lighting his way into the dark ruins of the Jedi Temple.

((Because Halo isn’t here, I am going to use this moment for a little character development if you don’t mind Mr. Random PC guy.))

It was colder on the inside of the structure, which seemed extremely odd, given the circumstances. However, at this point, Kailen wasn’t really surprised. Her bushy red hair was wrapped into a small knot by a loose leather thong and covered with a thin layer of frost. Her nose was a deep cherry red and her freckles almost blended in with the pallor of her face. Her expression was a bounty of excitement with lingering anxiety, but she was ready for anything. Kailen’s breath was mists in front of her face, illuminated only by the strength of the light stick that Alos held in his hand. The procession of the group was careful and slow, but Kailen wasn’t sure if the group was in any danger or not. Still, it was better to be cautious and alive than foolhardy and dead.

The young adult Jedi couldn’t keep her eyes off of the structure and everything inside of it. Like a child in a candy shop, she was enthralled by everything. The building was massive for something that had been buried so long in the snow, but it wasn't as old as Kailen initially believed. Some of the ruins on Tython resembled this design; they were ruins of an older age of Jedi, but they were still within a close enough timeline as to be discernible by scholars today.

The stone around them was thick. Kailen reached out to touch it as they went and felt the grooves of fine carving. She felt the strength of the stone structure as it stood and marveled at the architectural integrity of it all. It was all so amazing that Kailen could hardly contain her excitement. She parted a small way from the group, but stayed within range of Alos’ light stick. She stopped in front of a number of tall pedestals and gaped at the innovation, the design and the mastery of the stonework. The artists it took to make such fine work were undoubtedly dead and gone, but the immortality of their work stood as a testament to their skill.

Something was wrong though. Kailen could feel something uncomfortable and unsettling deep inside her body. A chill crawled up and down her spine and when she turned her head to look back at the group, she saw them. Kailen’s heart seized up and her hair stood on end. Her expression went quickly from amazement to shock and she raised her arms frantically in the air. She opened her mouth and was about to scream when something she saw caught her eye and helped confirm the craziness of her previous assumption.

What she saw were two barely visible phantasms walking along the stone floor with a low blue-ish glow. While this occurrence wouldn’t mean much to those who couldn’t feel the force, another padawan or Jedi would see them clear as day.

One of the ghosts looked over at her and cocked his head for a moment. He was a tall man with a chiseled jaw. He had short hair and looked to be a little bit older, but he was built in a manner somewhat like a small Wookiee without all the hair. He had soft, intense eyes and he looked at her with care and deep sentiment written in his aged expression. He swiveled his head slowly back and forth as if condemning something and came closer to Kailen, scaling the distance between them rather quickly. The young woman was terrified yet simultaneously transfixed by the apparition. Kailen had barely enough time to walk backward when she heard him speak in a low but pleasant voice.

Why are you here at the place of my resting, young Jedi?

Kailen had to double back a moment or two and pinch herself to make sure she wasn’t going crazy. When she finally came to grips with what she was seeing, she cleared her throat and proceeded as if everything was okay.

"Place of your resting?"

Yes padawan, this is my tomb. My name is Ulic Qel Droma and you have stumbled into one of the chambers where my possessions were kept.

Kailen was a little on edge at the moment, but the name sounded somewhat familiar. She couldn’t quite place where it came from and she still thought she was going crazy, but she speculated deeply about what was going on. She looked around and noticed the relics on pedestals that she had been gawking at again and again. Then she looked over at Halo and Alos for assistance, but they kept moving through the chamber. It made a little sense, but her head was buzzing with his name, trying to find some sort of reference. She made a connection with the Jedi, based on his candor and demeanor, but she couldn’t quite peg just how significant this man was or may have been before his death.

"Uh… Were you a Jedi or something? How do you know I’m a padawan? How can I see you, but how… how… how…"

Kailen was hyperventilating a little bit and her breaths were a little too shallow to provide the much needed oxygen to her brain. She almost blacked out from exasperation, but the apparition’s cold touch on her shoulder ironically brought her senses back from death and let her focus on him and his message. He smiled a little too warmly given his present condition, but the gesture seemed to cool Kailen’s hysteria and put her at ease, even if she was still clenching every muscle in her bottom.

I was a Jedi, but I fell to the dark side. I redeemed myself with my final acts in this world and I was immortalized as a fallen hero in this stone tomb. Here I reside in peace with the love of my life who found me in death as she too left the mortal world.

The other spirit, which stalled for a moment on the other side of the room, joined the first. It was a smaller, gentler form with shoulder length curly hair and an expression that said she thrived on adventure and excitement. When the spirit came closer, Kailen could make out the clearly feminine curves and build. She could also see the affection in Ulic’s eyes. It was engaging; it was hypnotizing and it hurt Kailen so much that she was beyond words. Flashbacks of Ca’aran powered through her mind like a reckless tractor smashing through all of her hopes and dreams. Chaos spread in her mind and the warm tingly feelings she felt on the edges of her eyes, were met with soft, salty tears. She couldn't bear the memories. She couldn't bear the pain. It was too much.

The new spirit looked over at Kailen and her expression shifted to something somber and sentimental. She ‘walked’ slowly over to the young Jedi and touched her hand to the bottom tip of Kailen’s chin which was now digging into her chest. The female apparition raised Kailen’s teary eyed face and looked deeply into her eyes. Her voice was softer than Ulic’s and had an airy quality that mitigated the pain flooding into Kailen’s heart. I have felt your pain young one. When Ulic left and I found out that he fell to the dark side, I felt a large hole deep in the bowels of my heart. It wasn’t something easily reparable and it was a cause for no lack of grief or desire on my part. The only thing that helped me in the long run was holding on to what I cared about. If I dwelled too much on those feelings, or if I let them burrow deep inside, I would have left with bitter cold memories. Pain is occasionally healthy to grow, but too much pain is dangerous.

Ulic’s eyes were grim and his expression was very serious. He looked over at Kailen and stared deeply into her eyes as the other spirit had. Don’t let that pain consume you. I fell to the dark side, as I said, and it wasn’t a pleasant experience. Sure, the passionate freedom and the overwhelming power are the feints of the Dark Side’s appeal, but you need not be lured by such things.

Kailen’s teary sobs jerked her body up and down, but she nodded slowly. She looked up with her tearstained face, covered by now matted carrot orange hair and smiled weakly. The female apparition closed on her and offered her a hand on her heaving shoulder, but it was hollow. Kailen was still not convinced that she was seeing reality, and the normally warm gesture was rather chilling when done by a ghost. Still, right now, Kailen was just trying to work through the lingering pain left by Ca’aran.

The two spirits stood for a moment and looked at her, exchanging sympathetic glances. Then Ullic raised Kailen’s heavy head from her chest and guided her to her feet. He wasn’t corporeal, but the very act of having a ghost touch her skin pushed Kailen to her feet even if she didn’t want to on her own.

I have something here that may help you. Ullic said as he floated down the halls past Alos and Halo. Kailen was cautious to follow, but the other ghost was leading her on and in the end she figured, if she was going to die, then she would have died already. It wasn’t the best logic, however it was enough for Kailen to dust herself off and follow behind him. She motioned to Alos and Halo if they wanted to follow, but she continued on regardless, continuing to wipe the lingering tears from her eyes.

When the two of them reached the end of their journey, Ullic paused adjacent to a higher pedestal than the rest. This one had a small box on it that looked well preserved for the amount of time it spent in this ruin. Kailen noticed the craftsmanship and the design, but she had no idea what was inside. She looked over at Ullic expectantly and Ullic looked back with a small smile. Go Ahead, open it.

Being the cautious young Adult that she was, Kailen immediately stepped up to the box and opened it. She wasn’t rough, but she was eager to figure out what was inside. She felt a little awkward with tears still staining her eyes and the ghost standing over her shoulder, but he gave her permission so she didn’t care. Plus, excitement is a good stress reliever, or so Kailen assumed. When she finally got the box open though, there was a broken handle inside.

Kailen gently pulled the handle out and started turning it around in her hands. She cradled the bulk of it in her hands and arms and took a closer look, examining the switches, the wires and the metal.

“This is a light saber!” Kailen said out loud.

Ullic frowned a little, but was equally satisfied by Kailen’s exclamation. Yes, it is my light saber and it served me well, even to death. Unfortunately it doesn’t work anymore, but I hope it can help give you hope that even the most hopeless cases, even the seemingly un-redeemable can redeem and prove themselves in time. Farewell young Jedi, I hope your adventures go well and I hope your feelings subside.

Then, just as quickly as they appeared, the spirits vanished and Kailen was left near the pedestal with a broken light saber in her hands.

“That was…. Something…” Kailen said, exasperated.

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

((Gah, so sorry for the delay!))

Alos had gotten himself somewhat lost for a quick moment, although refusing to say anything out loud to the two Jedi, as he was supposed to be their guide, it would be foolish of him to admit such a mistake. But then he turned to see that Kailen was conversing with... something that he could not see. For a moment, he thought to woman crazy, which would prove his earlier point upon meeting the two of them. But then he remembered something about Jedi... they could perceive things through their Force that others could not. Taking slow steps behind her now as she seemed to be entranced with whatever she was seeing with the Force, until she stopped and found herself a lightsaber. A broken one from what Alos could see. It was only after she picked it up that he looked around the room and taking notice of a few crystals hanging from the ceiling. He then looked down again at Kailen.

"Would your broken lightsaber work if it had one of those?"

Alos pointed and looked back up at the crystals upon speaking to Kailen.

• 2 weeks later...

Kailen was still a little off from her close encounter of the Jedi kind, but she could hear Alos' voice like a muffled whisper through her matted orange hair. Condensation built up on the cold hilt of the broken light saber with every warm breath from Kailen's mouth. She massaged the different buttons and admired the craftsmanship of the hilt. There were small scratches on the metal, pieces of dust and residue on the handle itself which were indicative of constant use and the optics seemed intact. However, Kailen could feel that there was something wrong with the blade. She opened her eyes to the world around her, even with her exhausted mind, and saw the working parts on the inside of the blade. Each part glowed with a different hue, but their hues were muted because they were old and rusted. They didn't work together anymore and he she couldn't fathom what she needed to make them work. Well she could, but she would have to overhaul the entire design, which would take hours and defeat the purpose of the antique. The wiring was clean, but the ferrous metal in them was corroded and ineffective. The crystals that made up the core and optics seemed fine upon initial inspection, but they had several fractures that would make any activation of the light saber a dangerous way to tempt fate.

Alos pointed out the crystals above them and his suggestion was good, but there was more work to be done to the blade before it could be activated again, let alone be used in combat. She looked up at Alos with a half grin followed by a shrug. She shook her head back and forth slightly, wondering if she should verbally spout all of her discovery, but decided against it. If he asked, she would let him know.

“No,” Kailen said softly. “It needs a bit more work than that. It is a keepsake of the Jedi that died here years ago. Ulic Qel Droma. We are in his tomb.”

Kailen looked around, shifting her eyes to scan each and every rune and relic with newfound intensity. Now that she knew it was a tomb, she was looking for old writings and trying to decipher what happened here. She couldn’t understand most of the runes because they were old and hard to understand, but she had a general enthusiasm for pieces of history and technology, so this place was like a drug to her curious impulses. She walked around Halo and Alos indiscriminately, picking things up and putting them down. Anything she picked up, she often picked up a second time. When she was asked to explain why, she would often mumble something under her breath. It went on like that for roughly an hour or so, before Kailen decided that her habit was dominating the point of their adventure out here and that the group should find something else to do or find.

She gingerly placed the old light saber hilt in her pocket and rejoined Halo and Alos wherever they happened to be. She sighed openly, but she wasn’t bored. She made an idle gesture toward the pair and something glinted in her emerald green eyes.

“Are there any other frozen structures on this planet Alos?” Kailen said, a large smile building on her freckled face.

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

Alos could tell that Kailen was clearly rejuvenated by her experience, whatever it was that she had. Although, just being in this place made Alos a bit uncomfortable, and he knew of a few other frozen structures that made him feel the same way. Although the feeling was stronger in the presence of the crystals.

"Yes... But they give off a similar feeling when I approach them as I feel within this place with these crystals."

Alos looked back up at them and suddenly felt very tempted to touch one, almost beckoned in by the power that surrounded the crystals. Looking back at Kailen, trying to ignore the feeling of temptation to touch them.

"What are these crystals anyways?"

• 3 weeks later...

((The delay is atrocious I know. I will be a little more diligent in the future. Love is very distracting ))

Kailen took another look at the crystals that Allos mentioned. They were simple and blue, almost like ice crystals, but underneath the thick layer of ice, each crystal took on a sublime colorful beauty that stood out to Kailen more than it did before. One of the crystals, one that protruded from the cold stony ground nearby, was embedded in a stalagmite. She looked at it intensely and, for a moment, she saw a powerful yellow glow. It was the color of the morning sun as it broke over the horizon on Naboo. It was the color of electricity as it lit up her brain and it was the color of the stars as the sun left and blazed across the sky in a sea of flame.

She reached out to the stalagmite with an eerie transfixed glare and when her hand met the ice, it melted almost immediately at her touch. Thousands of electrical sequences cascaded through Kailen's mind at frequencies the human brain almost couldn't comprehend. It was so awesome that the shock of the experience almost terrified her.

Her emerald green eyes looked deep into the intricate lattice structure of the crystal she freed from the ice and a spark of light lept from her hand to the top most point of the object. She cradled it gently like one would and infant and continued to look at it was warmth and admiration.

"I don't know what these are exactly, other than force crystals, but each one seems to have a strong resonance. It seems like each one calls out for someone to take them. Each one calls out for someone different to find them an claim them." Kailen said slowly while still staring at the yellow crystal that she held in her closed palm.

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

Alos looked at Kailen with a face that could have easily suggested that she had gone mad. Slowly and surely, his face became even more confused.

"So you're saying these crystals belong to someone already?"

Alos was truly confused. He had no idea what she was talking about. But one thing was certain, he didn't feel comfortable standing in the room, let alone the ruins anymore.

"Anyways... please tell me you've got enough to go back to your temple with!"

The voice wasn't one of pushing her to leave, nor was it really him being scared of anything. It was just simply a question.

"It's not necessarily that the crystals already belong to someone, but that they want to belong to someone." Kailen said, looking longingly into the depths of the yellow crystal that she held in her hand. It had a simplicity that she enjoyed, with a complexity that coincided with her analytical brain. She enjoyed running through the equations again and again. She could feel the answers before they came and she could see the results of each in the solution of every puzzle. She was in a trance of technological wonders when Allos' fear brought her back.

She looked once more and nodded her head slowly. The bushy redhead took a look at the light saber in one hand, the crystal in the other and then gazed up at the crystals on the ceiling. They glowed with a quiet intensity, but they were not for her. She had already bonded a crystal. It reveled in her presence and she in its. The other crystals could have been a memory, but she was sincerely doubtful. She used Allos to keep her rooted in reality and then looked around at the tomb they were still standing in.

"I should have enough for my Master. He was kind of non-specific when he made the request, but I suppose we should get back soon. He may wonder where we ended up if we don't." Kailen looked toward Halo, her partner in crime, when she noticed the young girl getting attached to her own stone. She didn't say anything to Kailen when she noticed, nor did she say anything to Kailen when the prospect of leaving arrived, but Kailen suspected that she wouldn't have a problem if she needed to move on.

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

• 1 month later...

The Forbearance and the remainder of the other two corvette size cruisers pulled out of hyperspace above the planet of Rhen Var. Their sole mission was simple: To defend against the incoming Bothan war hammer and keep them from advancing any further into the Imperial Remnant space. So that was what Eight-Seven was intending to do, along with his second in command, Tyren Tunwol. With any luck, General Karnek Vel'hen of the Bothan fleet would be bringing his own armies within their space within the next few days. Then the battle that Eight-Seven so desperately looked forward to would commence.

((This is a post to simbolize that within the next few days, I will be starting this "mini-war". Get Ready.))

emperorpilon.png

• 3 years later...

Rhen Var wasn't even in the top thousand planets she intended to visit, but it was to play a key in what Sarah and Vos were seeking to accomplish. There were several other things she should be doing, but here she was bringing her ship down to land on ice planet. Vos had given her the coordinates but nothing else about where she was going exactly. Slipping on a parka and gloves, she lowered the boarding ramp- there was a presence that was inside one of the caverns that were nearby. The astromech droid chirped as his third wheel hit the ramp and followed Sarah down. Scanning the area- it was moving over to the second closest entrance. Sarah followed- and partly down the cave she noticed the temperature change. It was slightly warmer. Taking her hood down she looked over the blast doors that were a bit frozen over. The droid indicated that there was no power to the doors.

With a wave of her hand the ice shattered off the door and then it opened up. There were no threats here just the one presence. It felt like Vos's... Then she saw the source- the cloning pod. An eyebrow raised- she approached it. There he was- a Vos clone. Bronze, naked, and with hair and no beard. A change since she had just seen the new one days ago. The Sith part of her wanted to kill it. The Jedi in her told her to follow through with the plan. Taking a datachip out- she inserted it into the module. A flash learning module. A red light blinked. Investigating, she moved over to the computer- years had passed and systems were barely functioning. Her and the droid would have to fix this.

~~

Three hours later the actual learning module was online and downloading to the clone. But if this was to be their base of operations, she had some more work cut out for her. At least it was warm enough. It would be interesting to see this Vos Clone interact with other people. It was a clone from his Sith days, before his death at the hands of Qaela and the events that unfolded. The entire brain would need reworked. She gritted her teeth and continued to get the little office up to her standards.

Sarah growled and slammed her fist into the wall- bringing it back reflexive and shaking it as if that would make the pain go away. It wasn't was just a typical fit of anger- she had outright found his N1. Not to mention the three holocrons stashed away. There were trinkets stashed away that were obvious trophies. A lock of red hair fell to her face. She brushed it back under her hat with her gloved hand. The room was small- about 1,000 square feet with room just enough for a sleeping/refresher area- a computer and power equipment and the cloning pod. The astromech she had brought along was still trying to upload the data it had into the cloning tank.

She hadn't known this was where he was going to send her next. After the Eternal Vigilance shot out into space without her- she just worked her way through the list. Deleting the EV task off the datapad she had this- Rhen Var- bit come up next. Why was she doing this? She was supposed to be the leader of their team. Scoffing at the idea of the team, her mind wanders just for a second- and shakes it away as if there was a bad taste in her mouth. Vos was put in place of power that would help them. They were both after the same objective. Tobias's recent activity was unlike any he had displayed when with the Seers and Seekers. Maybe he did deserve to lead their role. She sighed, letting her mind wander back to the EV. Its not like she could track it down. She wasn't a Jedi. She had grown up with the Sith as her ways. All that was behind her though. Clenching her jaw- her teeth pressed against one another. The droid was chirping frantically.

Question it- she pulled up the translation- a massive snow storm was coming in. One that might bury them in here for a bit. She had enough food and water- to stay here for weeks. It wouldn't be an issue. Perhaps some time to meditate on the things she had found here- holocrons- lightsabers- some ancient axe- and a robotic eye. That last one gave her the creeps- Whose skull did Vos rip that out of? the thought ran across her mind. Maybe one day, she would ask him. If she survived her next assignment. The droid settled back into its work- and Sarah would make sure both starships were pulled closer to the entrance to the cavern.

• 3 weeks later...

A wet slap hit the metal floor. The sound reverberated off the walls- everything else was eerily silent. Even the little astromech droid was silent- unsure of what to make of the situation. Sarah's jaw figuratively hit the floor- there was DuVos. At least thats what she was going to call him- it. After all it was a clone- and it's mind was altered to be something else. DuVos's mind was programmed- it did not learn from life like everyone elses. Vos's mind was remapped and installed into this shell. The clone looked around the room to orient itself.

Such a strange feeling came from the clone. It was as if the Force Signature was having a seizure- perhaps that was part of the initial awakening for everything that was clone. Although this was an unusual case, there were two people out there that had the same Force Signaure. Or nearly identical. This was unnatural, the Force did not agree with this, but it would cooperate. The Seekers should be having a fit right now, if they were watching. Sarah thought to herself.

"Seekers?"

Sarah straightened, blindsided by the clone's touch on her mind. He read her mind no problem- she threw up her barriers. Tightening her jaw, she leaned into the clone. His voice was raspy, his eyes a brilliant blue- his hair was long, blonde, and dreaded. He involuntarily shivered as he took another step outside the tank. Just as she was about to move to give him a towel and robe- he called it to himself through the Force.

"The Force is strong with you. Do you know who I am?"

As the clone dressed he looked her up and down- measuring her. He growled- "You're Sarah, you were sent back from a place I do not know of. You were tasked with awakening me." His eyes narrowed- the his head bowed down and he wrapped his hair in the towel he called over. "You have a mission here, and elsewhere. You have orders from the Dark Lord for me?"

"How do you know I am not the Dark Lord?" She pushed back- he had read into her mind, but it seems as though the barriers were working.

DuVos scoffed- "If you were the Dark Lord, you would have put me in my place for reading your thoughts. From what I can tell you're not even Sith. You're not Jedi..." adjusting himself so that the robes fit better on his frame- he looked her up and down once again. "I would say you were here to kill me, but you could have done that easily- so what are you here for?"

Her lip twitched- almost into a smile. "I am here to take you to Tobias Vos."

DuVos took a step back. Her words had the exact reaction she was looking for. For all that the clone knew he was Tobias Vos. "Explain." DuVos said with a mix of confusion and anger. This clone was tuned to the Dark Side.

Sarah launched into what she knew, what she was tasked with, what the clone was tasked to do, and just an overall explanation of the years that had went by. Hours passed as they spoke- doing small exercises with the Force, with his mind, and just going through the paces for orienting the consciousness to the body and back to the Force. By the end, DuVos seemed to have accepted his role in Vos's plan. The Force stopped its spasms- or at least they were more mellow. DuVos seemed angry, but he had fallen into a silent consideration as he came to terms with the galaxy as a whole.

"We have time, but we do have tasks to complete. We need to leave at some point." Sarah was tired of sitting here, she wanted to see some action. DuVos needed the time, however.

• 2 weeks later...

It was without warning- but she should have seen the signs. The clone sat there and contemplated silently. How she wanted to get back to the galaxy, and start engaging the two sides of their conflict. She was being impatient, and she did reflect on that- recognizing it as a weakness. Hind sight was always perfect. The contemplation of the hindsight should be at the back of her mind now, she needed to focus. Bringing her mind to the current situation she was in, Sarah focused on the red eyes in front of her face- the red lightsaber blade sparking against her own yellow one. She should have known about the weapons- should have guessed there were lightsabers in here that the clone would use to retaliate. How DuVos fought was something as a feral beast. It made no sense to her- about dozing off due to boredom the sparking of electricity caught her off guard. The little astromech did not stand a chance in the high heavens against that attack. The droid was fried and ripped apart in an instant. DuVos was done contemplating, a second after the droid was scattered into a trillion tiny pieces, he had launched at her- a saber coming to his hand from behind a panel, the flimsy piece of metal fell to the floor exposing a stash of hilts. After she had cut the first ones emitter off- DuVos called for a second.

The two grappled and struck out at each other- no voices exchanged, no commentary, no explanation, no talking. DuVos just growled. Sarah had not landed a single blow, but she was also holding back. Unsure if this was a test or not. There was no plan for this. Kicking out with her right foot- she swiped DoVos onto the ground where he rolled away, stabbing twice out with the lightsaber. She paired both attacks with her own blade, and brought a hung of metal from the droid to DuVos's blind side. With a sweep of the blade the metal chunk was split in twain.

One thing now stood out in her mind- he was unrestrained, she needed to do the same to match him. Bit by bit she let go of her self restrain and gave into the Force. She needed to be a Jedi now, but fight like a Sith. It was a fine line to walk, but she was up to the challenge. Sarah knew she needed to bring DuVos under her control- or kill him. Gritting her teeth, she launched at him- putting the clone on the defensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Sarah growled with rage- her face had the fresh wound of a saber almost slicing her cheek through. Giving into the pain was such a rush, but this had to end. No more of this- this new pain would give her the edge now. To her own credit she had managed to stab the tip of her blade into DuVos's side- he didn't know how to tap into the pain.

The two were tired- but neither was giving in. Bantering back and forth with the Force, the two took a breather- but still tested the other's limits. Each of them were holding up. She could feel her energy swell within her, just as DuVos took a step forward his red blade out once again. Deactivating her saber- Sarah straightened- it was the right moment. DuVos approached cautiously, but with a smirk on his face. Arrogant, isn't he?

"What's your plan after you kill me and walk out of here? You don't know how the last decade has shaped the universe." She asked him, honestly curious. Well, not about him killing her- because that was not happening.

"Do I need a plan?" He spat, annoyance plainly transcribed on his face.

Sarah sighed, how Sith Vos was- was indeed pathetic. He had no vision- no purpose... What happened between this version and the one she met in the Ether? Closing her eyes- then opening very slowly- she reached out the red flashed in her eyes. Her hand gripped the air in front of her and the clone's eyes went wide. His hands dropping the lightsaber and going to his throat in an effort to remove the invisible hands to let him breath. While plausible, she didn't crush his throat- just enough to have his brain shut down his body in an effort to save oxygen. DuVos struggled but it was too little too late, her attack had slid past his defenses- but after he passed out she made sure to slam him into the floor in a fit of rage. She even approached to punch the crumpled figure on the floor in the face a few times.

After her rage had settled a bit- she gathered the things around the outpost. Thankfully she found a few bacta patches and a few medical supply pieces. Making sure DuVos was aboard and still very unconscious. She started the departure process and lifted off, hopefully the blind jumps she did wouldn't delay her too much she had a long way to go, and she hated blazing new trail with the added perk she was injured. Her plan was to slip into meditation to fix what she had just done, but also to monitor DuVos.

• 9 months later...

The big man sighed, his hand was absently scratching the back of Adenna’s back through her Jedi Robes. A subtle, but loving gesture. His left hand cradled his own head as he laid back on the bunk. No words were spoken between them, they were each just taking a breather. Vos knew there were questions on her mind and so he answered them, unbidden. What were the Seers and Seekers? What had Vos done while he… was dead?

“I suppose its story time. When I was an apprentice under Slicer, I was privy to several of his secrets. The man was shrouded in secrets and plots- perhaps that is why I am so secretive myself. Slicer’s mask frame is in that little compartment.” He said, indicating the secret hatch within the drawing table. “Since… I have come back I’ve been trying to piece together what I have seen in the years I was… not around. I went back to the Sith after you, not really by choice- trying to salvage something some plot to impress you, or to escalate myself. I cannot quite remember- I think I was kidnapped, regardless, some witch allied herself with the Sith I was tasked to kill- Lucifer, she then killed me but it was a mental attack. But I didn’t die… I… went… beyond shadows… I became one within the Veil. I can’t explain it without showing you and taking you with me when I go- but it is something else completely. Another level of existence. It was…” He let out a breath in an attempt to mimic his intentions there- it wasn’t something he could explain with words. “…Magical.”

“There are two premier factions within that realm, Seers and Seekers. Both groups answered to an individual called the ‘Marionette’ and a council, the Marionette Council- they each had titles. Seers foresaw the future and the arrival of relics. Seekers were the ones that kept the rising tide of Force Energies and collected the relics. Seers often saw the potential new individuals that could be pulled into the realm. Often the teachers would be on site in the exact instance that one would enter the veil. I had a Seeker as a master- Sabatin the Transdosian. He wasn’t Sith, per se, he was just one- previously. Like I was. The Force is something different Within the Veil, it isn’t light or dark. It was everything inbetween. Once I got over the Sith teachings- Sabatin and I went on a crazy series of events from uncovering a orb of liquid smoke that spoke to us and predicted the future- to a red crystal that taught me the Chiss Language – Cheunh- as well as a few other talents within the Force- to a transforming world from organic in nature to metallic then back again. One of my greatest accomplishments was that I pried a Deavish Loon- something like a monolith- that tried to steal the Red Crystal from the Enclave- apart with the Force. The Enclave is in the western part of the Galaxy, at least within the Veil. We sought out knowledge and relics- some things that I still can’t even explain. Sabatin told me we had to seek out these powerful items and beings before they found a way to- this realm- this reality. Things that the Seekers had let slip through- have ravaged the galaxy before. Things that are too powerful for mortals to comprehend. No offense.” He smiled and pulled her back to him to kiss her. The cuddled for a moment before he continued with her hand in his. A slight chuckle.

“On the flip side were the Seers. Each group was a mix of Sith, Dark Jedi, Dathomiri Witches, Baran Do, Inner Seers, Fallanassi, Farseers and Farseekers- both unrelated to each order I am talking about. Hahah- even a few Aing-Ti. The Aing-Ti were beyond fascinating- wow- Sabatin and I studied under one- but a lot of that was lost on me- so much information in so little of time. Things were bound to break through the barriers… when artifacts get through to this realm… that’s when teams get sent back. This time, the decision to send people back- it divided us.”

His tone grew more serious, regretful and heavy. “There was a battle over sending us back not just between Seers and Seekers, but all lines were shattered- in the end… It was just Sarah and I out of a team of fourteen that made it back here. At least, to my knowledge. As you may have guessed, Sarah was a former Sith Master- and despite being Beyond the Veil for two hundred years- she hadn’t let go of that lifestyle fully- she kind of forgot how to control it- this realm is so raw in its power- you can tell when something is strong in dark or light, but beyond the veil- the Force is filtered. I fought Sabatin at the end- I… I killed him.” I tear welled up in Vos’s eye at the painful memory. “That is what happened up on Catnip- to Sarah. And DuVos was part of that issue as well. I took a chance, and it didn’t work out…. But I became the de facto person in charge of our team because of where Dahar placed me within the Jedi Order. Adenna- I split a Dark Side Monolith in two- with the Force. It was… such a rush! Feeling evil split apart in your hands is just- satisfying. But I fear something else went wrong- Dahar went mad, Kirlocca is dead, Xae-Lin and I were the only Jedi in there-“

“I knew you were a Jedi.” Adenna chimed in for the first time, she gave him a playful wink then remained quiet, her head settled back to his chest. Part of him wanted to believe her. Part of him wanted to be a Jedi. Part of him wanted to go back to the Sith. Part of him wanted to return Beyond Shadows.

Glaring for just a moment at the back of her head, he continued: “-you know what I meant. But still- Dahar went dark- I want him back, but I think he is gone- I haven’t felt his presence since Kirlocca passed… We- I tried to make something within the Jedi Order to accomplish that mission- and Dahar never really knew, Kirlocca didn’t want to know… it’s just starting to make sense again- I know what we were sent back for- that Orb- the smokey orb. I can’t remember why- not yet- but that is what I need to find… It calls to Sith- and there are too many that would be empowered by the Dark Side trinket. The Seekers that fought us- before coming back- they wanted us to stop meddling with this realm. None of them knew what Faust was- or Geki- or Pharquad- no, we needed to stop this. That’s why I came back- why I’ve been doing what I have been for the past year. Slowly, bits and pieces come back to me- I have a duty to them, and a duty to you as well. I need to return to link up with my little crew, as well as get DuVos out of the Ossus Medical Wing…”

He breathed a little bit, he had worked through most of that just now- on the fly. It was good to finally let it all out- and realize what he’s doing here. There were no more secrets now, save for those his mind had locked away, there were no secrets between them anymore- at least about his past. There was a slight tug around the ship, then two minutes later they shot back into hyperspace on a different vector- his base had to be kept a secret.

“You’re the only one, save for Sarah who was a part of it, that knows now… it honestly feels good to let it all out. Get a Jedi’s take on this situation. Master Hammir died in front of my eyes as we were trying to get to the portal back here, he was the mission’s Jedi…”

His voice and tone were sorrowful, and full of regret. While there was a subtle hint of hope- maybe the Jedi Master would reappear? Sabatin did. Sarah made it. He shook the memory free from his mind and laid there for a while, waiting for Adenna to formulate words. After a while they apparently drifted off to sleep as the droids had called out they had landed on Rhen Var and were descending to the coordinates to his private outpost. Reaching out, he felt the ship that had just landed, as well as two others. One more than what he was anticipating. The presences were familiar, so he wasn’t worried.

Opening the drawing table as they touched down, Tobias took out the mask frame, the holocron, the datachip, his lightsaber, a few other datapads, a vial of clear liquid, and a few other trinkets. Letting Adenna sleep a little more, he made his way out the doorway- making sure to leave a parka for her. He had to warm up the outpost, doubtless anyone had tried to enter. Covering his hands in his gloves, he gave last minute orders to the PIT droids and then departed down the ramp and into the ever present winter storm.

Idly, his mind wandered to if anyone else had tried to venture the snow storm. Sarah, or Tom. Each were in their own ship. Well, Tom was in the Freighter that housed the Jedi Ace’s that Vos had pulled off of Gala. He cocked his head and tried to think about what to do with them. That was a question and debate left to a warm room, and no parkas. Entering into the base took a moment, as he cracked his saber-staff against the door- shattered the small bit of ice that was on there then it opened.

Remnants of the battle Sarah and DuVos had were apparent. The astromech droid pieces were all over the place as well as remnants of the Sith Lightning both presumably used. Activating the controls to the HVAC system, he started to unpack his trinkets, his hands lingering on the holocron and the datachip. Trying to gather himself up to dive into the memories and figure out what happened to the teacher he briefly had, and ignored.

Closing his eyes and settling back in the stool- he tried to focus on both of them. The memories they each held, the link the big wookiee.

<< Memories can be very powerful things Tobias...>>

Kirlocca took a few steps towards Tobias out of nowhere. He had appeared to him the same way he had to Jaina. His very Force Ghost, his own presence still preserved within the Force moved and walked towards the Jedi with a smile that had become signature to Kirlocca after his long tenure in the galaxy.

<< Take for instances, the memory I have of the very first time I saw you on Gala, before we all returned to the Praxeum. I knew that you had great markings to stand like a fire of defense against the hoards of waves of evil that would seek to destroy the galaxy...>>

Kirlocca moved at sat down next to the Jedi, giving him time to think upon the revelation of hearing what the once Jedi Master thought of him upon meeting the very first time.

Vos was no stranger to being a little clumsy, doing goofy little things, or just other small little things along those lines. The little enclave was still warming up and he knew he was alone, but the words that came just over his shoulder had startled him enough to start falling back after leaning a little too far back in his seat. His eyes went wide and his arms pinwheeled- as he and the seat were falling backwards. Thankfully, he could use the Force and so he called out to stop, and reverse the falling down. Vos reached out and pulled him and the chair back up.

The voice that called to him was something only the Force could bring him, that or the paranoid delusions of a mad man. It was the former, thankfully, he realized after looking back and letting his jaw fall slack. His face was covered up by the shroud that protected against the elements- but regardless he still felt the chill that ran through his body when he saw who was standing there.

Pulling off the goggles, face mask and hood, he looked over the Wookiee- who was giving off a tint of blue. A Force Ghost.

He gulped, “Kirlocca...” he whispered in obvious astonishment. As the Ghost of the Grandmaster approached and appraised him, then sat.

Even then, Kirlocca had given him the benefit of the doubt. What a fool he, Tobias, had been he reflected. “Huh. Is that a remark about my Clan tattoo?" Vos winked, joking. "That is high praise from you, Master Kirlocca. Thank you. I-" The Kiffar stammered suddenly. "-I -I... ahhh...I was nervous around you- a big a potential opponent as you- if you felt whatever darkness I have within me in close quarters, and I was weaponless... I'm sorry about that, I never quite explained, did I? You were so intimidating when you came through that ceiling!" Vos let loose a husky chuckle that left him unable to draw breath for a moment since he was laughing so hard."I always respected you, well, I still do. Your... funeral gave me a great lesson: How one Jedi could touch the lives of so many, and be respected by so many."

His tone took a turn and the direction"I learned so much from you, even if I wasn't around much and was a thorn in your paw. I'm sorry I haven't been as good at being a Jedi as I thought I was going to be. Darex was named as your predecessor then kicked me off the council for orders you and Dahar gave me. I failed to hold my ground. I'm trying to find out what happened to you...on Carida..." Vos motioned to the Holocron and datachip, then leaned back in his seat. A wombat in the spotlight look on his face- trained on the trinkets. Some of the pieces the datapad Kirlocca had crushed were in the mix as well.

"I don't know what to do next, Master. I'm lost, and I don't want to drag Adenna down with me. That is the last thing I want..." He let his love for her flow into the force, to back up his claim. A substantial part of that was unconscious, but still.

Vos growled at all the statements he just shared, rolled his eyes and looked back over to the ghost, who didn't look impatient at all with the scatterbrain ramblings of what Tobias had just let spill.

Kirlocca listened to Tobias Vos speak, sharing his very inner soul and feelings that had they come up sooner, the once Jedi Master would have helped calm him and set him more properly upon his path. Nodding his head slowly, he turned with a soft smile that only he could deliver.

<< Tobias, the darkness that resides within you, is very similar to what resided within me. It is apart of who you are. As for my own death... I can not pass such information along to you. Although, I think you will find if you search your own feelings, you will discover the truth. >>

Kirlocca now paused and looked out and away from Tobias. He could feel Tobias a whole lot more now then before. Granted, most of that came through the fact that he was now very much apart of the Force, as opposed to just calling upon it. He was indeed lost, but the path he needed wasn't far from him. Adenna might very well be the solution to help him.

<< Your path, might become more clear to you if you pick up what has now become lost with Dahar and myself... Wru'torr... >>

“Ah, more trademark Jedi vagueness… of course….” Tobias said, with no real heat behind the words. A touch of humor, but nothing else. Then he tilted his head, but before he could respond. Biting his lower lip, he played over the reservations he held in his mind.

If he searched his own feelings, he would first turn to the Sith Code as his past dictated. After that, he would turn to the Jedi Code, as that is more align with the path he was walking. Despite his personal reservations to the contrary. There is no emotion, there is peace. Was he supposed to be at peace with Kirlocca’s death? Was he to seek out those responsible in a peaceful fashion? There was a burning desire for justice, albeit some might call it revenge, but the decision and desire to figure out who killed the furry Grandmaster was burnt away. Revenge is a fuel that burns too quickly, or so the saying goes. He had to readjust his mindset. That was a quagmire to sift through at another time. Mentally, he shook his head, no- he had to seek clarification now, before Kirlocca drifted off again. How was that for Jedi Vagueness, mentally, he laughed.

Letting himself seep more into the Force, Tobias looked to Kirlocca- the ghostly form sitting patiently across from him. Wru’torr? The name sounded familiar… what was that… Dahar’s lightsaber form? Now it made sense, because Kirlocca had taught him it. That was Kirlocca’s style of fighting. The wookiee was determined to teach him his lightsaber form? There had only been two?! Two Jedi that had known the style? What an opportunity! Inside his mind, a firework just went off in all its Endor-Day Glory. If he had to take down Dahar, and Dahar came at him with this style- Vos would know how to counter it. Then if he had to take someone down- and they were a blade master- an unfamiliar style against them might just be useful. But how would it help with his darkness? How would that help him become a better Jedi? It would make him a better warrior, which was abundantly clear. Why him though? Why not him and Adenna? Vos felt guilty, he was a master and she wasn’t. She was a better Jedi than he, yet... this. Tobias mentally sighed.

“Does my memory serve me well and that that is your and Dahar’s fighting style?” Vos questioned the ghost. His hands stepled in front of him. Letting his eyes wander on the trinkets, he watched the wookiee out of the corner of his eye.

Silently, with his paws still crossed, the wookiee nodded affirmation.

“I thought so. I would be honored to learn your saber style, Master. I have a few questions I would like answered first, if you would humor me for a moment?” Vos cleared his throat, not giving the wookiee a chance to reply, but it wasn't an insult- he wanted to be heard.

"One: Should I try to find your killer? Tell me honestly, please.

Two: Should Adenna be here for this? I do not want to cheat her out of any opportunity...I already feel bad.

Three: Will I learn from you, or the holocron?

Four: If not the holocron, what is on this holocron?

And two others, before you leave... they can wait. I would offer you a refreshment, but I feel that would be rude, you mind if I...?"

Vos let himself tip into the Force, letting his barriers down- to an extent. His connection and presence would be let out, but nothing could be let in.

Kirlocca could only offer up his faint smile as Tobias spoke. He was a Jedi that was bound for greatness, and one that could possible isolate himself if he wasn't careful. Much like any other circumstance in life, the path that was worth taking always held trials and tribulations upon it. Vos' own path would be no different. Letting the Jedi finish, Kirlocca pondered upon how much he should really tell him before responding.

<< To answer your questions in direct order, no. They have a fate sealed, and vengeance will do no one any good. Let the hateful pursuit remain with those not committed to the path of the Jedi. Adenna is free to do so, I am most certainly not holding her back. And yes and no... The holocron is recorded with me, and I have the teachings needed to learn this form. If you can find yourself worthy, and ask the right questions, I can reveal a great many things that I have learned over the years upon the holocron... >>

Vos breathed a sigh. More or less what he was expecting, at least he got straight answers. He poured himself a glass of pure water, figuring Kirlocca skipped over that part of his reply for obvious reasons. Draining it- he was satisfied with the crispness and then set it back on the table with the rest of the trinkets. Returning to his seat, he shed his jacket- it was starting to be comfortable in the little enclave.

Tobias nodded, "Very well then. I will drop my pursuit at your wishes, Master. When do we begin? Or should I ask my last two questions now?" Vos shrugged, they would get started now- or whichever. It seemed as though a terrific burden had been removed from his shoulders.

But will I get answers... the joke rolled across his mind briefly.

Chewing the inside of his cheek, he let himself relax just a touch. The Force flowed like a warm Kiffu creek in the warm season, "Are you wanting to only teach? Or are you looking to expand your knowledge as well in your new connection to the Force? I can point you in the direction, if you wish."

He shrugged, pulling off his gloves and taking off the parka. The room was a comfortable temperature now and he could call Tom and Adenna in, something nagged at him to stall though. If Kirlocca wanted him to go another direction... he would abide.

Kirlocca offered up a smile to Tobias again, this time a very knowingly one.

<< Tobias, I am very much apart fo the Force now. I can sense far more in you then ever before. You have no need to stall me for anything. You only need to ask. But... I have no desire outside of what the Force wills. I am not here to each you directly, but rather, offer up guidance and direction. Much like my life that I lived before the galaxy as I served the Force, I now still serve the Force. >>

Kirlocca walked up and sat next to Tobias.