Kat Nargal Memorial Resort

King Kheldar vos Correlli

"I'm just an idealist with no gift for politics,"

More like a destructive anarchist seeking to wreck the galaxy....

His eyes shifted as his once greatest foe did something as normal as taking a phone call. Though his body did not show it, there lurked under the surface a murderous rage for the Republic commander he just greeted. The rebel troopers that had fought and died in waves against him and his men were not his enemies. They had just been tools of the currently free Jedi master.

To think this Jedi is just sauntering about free, when he should be behind bars, if not that, than having a blaster carbine discharged in his face.

Well trained he was in resisting the mental manipulation powers of the Jedi. Well versed in their God-like abilities, he knew how to counter any forays into his mind. Unfortunately, he simply did not care if the Jedi could hear his thoughts, feel the amount of loathing he had for the man. It was fortunate that his guns were removed from his hip. Had the familiar weight rested there, he might have been temped to blast the Jedi commander until he ran out of ammo.

He noticed a significant difference in demeanor by those around him. A cursory glance indicated the arrival of Fasut. Only the single raise of an eyebrow was shown on the Emperor's face. Where Faust was busy sending chills down people's spine's Deton was only pour out a sense of peace and serenity around him. His thoughts at least on the surface ran rampant. Yet each thought led toward the base need of satisfaction, as well as the need for it.

He watched one of his officers, the one he had been briefed about the most, damn near trip over herself at the coming of Fasut.

Lot of saber jockey's in the room. No guns.... this should be a fun peace conference.

detonsigoq4.png

Two months later I hit the control room of CPS. Talk about a slog fest.

Former Emperor Rustic <--

And then there was another. Emerging from hyperspace was what looked to scanners like a small, nondescript personal vessel. In the Force, it felt like a nexus of the dark side, a presence so seeped with its power and influence that all that remained of him was a cold, calculating center, a proverbial eye of calm in a raging storm of chaos. This was Haphaestus, the Dark Lord of the Sith, having received his invitation to come to the peace talks by Imperial High Command.

Despite how he must have felt in the Force, Haphaestus commed the station and his voice was completely calm. "This is the Dark Lord, requesting permission to dock. My business is the peace summit."

War had been good for the galaxy, but war for too long had not always been good for the Sith. They may be able to thrive in war, but given the correct environment, they could do far more damage. Haphaestus buried deep within himself his plans for the Sith Order as the galaxy beckoned this new era. He would play his cards carefully, and by the time he left, the Sith would be empowered in a way they hadn't been since the war began.

HOWEsON.png

Jedi were taught to love, not to hate. For that reason he didn't so much hate flying as he really disliked it. Though deft hands worked the controls, it mattered little to the man behind them that he had done it a thousand times. To him such contraptions were huge metal deathtraps. You were lucky to get into one, and either A not crash it or B not get shot at.

So far neither one had happened, even as he came in asking for permission to land, practically on the heels of the new Dark Lord of the Sith. He was not looking forward to boarding off of his ship. He was well aware of the annoyances that a traveler faced when transitioning from one world to another.

Yea I'll be lucky not to get sick off this new batch by morning.

Even a master such as he had difficult transitioning locations and worlds some times. Different air concentrations of oxygen coupled with different microbes always allowed for a potentially hairy experience. Still even as the young man waited around, he couldn't help but feel the various dark presences in his vicinity.

The first one he felt was the man he had run away from. Not out of fear but, due to a different calling. His talents had been better suited elsewhere, and the situation had seemed well in hand when he left. It was...rare that he left something unfinished, and to his chagrin things had not gone well after his departure. Still what was done was done, and there was no use dwelling on it or on Faust. He was after all just another member at this particular little pitter patty meeting that would hopefully unite the galaxy once and for all.

The second being the young master felt, was one he hadn't felt in quite some time. A being he thought he had removed from the galaxy.

Looks like no one stays dead after all. Even droids.

He pushed that particular thought out of his mind. Force knew how many times he had been believed to be dead. He ran through the motions one more time, making sure the station understood who he was as well as why he was there.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

The New Sun emerged from hyperspace, landing at the resort. Dominus did not leave his ship. He had slept during the voyage, and now sat, not meditating, merely thinking. Haphaestus had asked Dominus to join him here. It had not been an urgent request, but Dominus still took it seriously. Haphaestus would be tested here, and many would judge him on his conduct during these discussions.

The Sith Master stood, placing his weapons within hidden compartments in his ship. He doubted they would be permitted at the meeting.

I'm better at contests of the mind and will anyway, more than tests of strength.

Dominus felt it was important for him to be here. Not as guidance. Haphaestus was as accomplished a negotiator as he was a warrior, logical and analytical as his droid brain demanded. Dominus was here as protection against duplicity. Haphaestus faced threats from without, and quite possibly from within. Dominus would do his best to identify those threats.

He pulled his black robe over his body, and hood over his head. The body Dominus had grown for himself was only part Wraith, designed to overcome their fatal weakness to light, but the brightness still caused him pain without his robes.

I can't imagine a more agonizing ordeal than what is to come.

In truth, were it not for Haphaestus being here, Dominus would not have even considered coming to something like this. He may have sent one of his proxies, but never himself. The Empire and Republic were meaningless to him, as were the affairs of most of the rest of the galaxy. Dominus had been quite active, but he would wager his isolation meant even those who knew who he was would believe him to be long since dead.

Oh well, can't stay hidden forever.

dartdominusgi2.jpg

"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking."

-Darth Rivan

Faust watches the other dignitaries arrive, cooly appraising each one. There's a moment of surprise at watching Scorp Essan and Haphaestus arrive, giving him a curious sense of almost deja vu with a glance towards Onderin and Deton. Part of him almost wondered if he could expect the super-industrialist and trade Kheldar vos Correlli to arrive, but somehow, he guessed not.

Giving a cool glance at the Link's security guards, obsequiously in place to ensure nothing happened, he appraises the others guests in turn, curiously wondering how the Empire would regard him. He could almost sense Deton's distate for Onderin, but also knew he would be considered a liability himself.

"Is everyone here?" he remarks casually, not bothering to hide his obvious impatience. "The galaxy holds its breath waiting for us, and we shouldn't keep it waiting."

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Kitt could sense the arrival of Scorp. In his mind, he was grateful for at least one other Jedi Master on the Council to arrive. As he could feel within the Force a nearing of a dawn, he made his presence shrink within the Force as he slowly made his way towards where the rest of the galaxy leaders were gathering. With the Force on his side and a lot of luck, he would go for the most part unnoticed. While he would like to have a voice within the talks, something told him that Onderin and Scorp would do so on his behalf before he would be able to fully muster his thoughts together. No, he was merely an observer here.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

Once Haphaestus had landed, he left his darkstaff in his ship and joined the outskirts of the group of gathering dignitaries. Among them was almost every important person in the galaxy--top Imperial officers, the Republic Admiral Onderin Starlisk and his entourage, the Jedi Grandmaster and some other important Jedi, and Vladimir Faust. Haphaestus hadn't yet spoken to Faust in person, but the man's message to him decided the light in which he would view Faust. As a powerful ally, but also as someone he would watch carefully--a wildcard, if you would. Dominus had also shown up, at Haphaestus' request.

Although Haphaestus was evil and he truly would like to start a brawl to see how many Jedi Masters he could kill before he went down, he was now the Dark Lord of the Sith, and he knew it would not serve his purposes to do so. The Sith had quite a lot of status to gain if this meeting went well, and starting an assault would only reduce the Sith to terrorists and anarchists. This wasn't necessarily bad, but it failed to live up to the Order's potential.

Now the Dark Lord drifted over to a corner of the room, watching it carefully, trying to get as much of a read on everyone before the meeting started.

HOWEsON.png

The remnants of two Republic battlegroups came out of hyperspace. They hung back from the planet as a small shuttle approached the station and asked for clearance.

Onboard the shuttle, I felt much better than I had a few hours ago. I had spent some time in a trance, and though I knew I'd need a lot longer to fully recover, the worst of my little injuries and burns had healed and I had at least refreshed my mind a little bit. I knew I'd need it. I had little bravery for politics, and this was going to be one of the most difficult political negotiations in the history of the galaxy.

I had dressed carefully in my most immaculate dress uniform, my rank displayed clearly on my chest. I had made the decision to approach this meeting purely as a Republic officer, and leave all evidence of my Jedi Knight status back aboard the Peacemonger. I had showered and, while I hadn't had time to get a new hairdo, I had greased and oiled it to perfection.

We landed a few minutes later at the station and disembarked, Commodore Argus, Vice Admiral Sikoat, and myself. I was amazed at the beauty and lavishness of the station as we made our way to Alpha Wing. I knew I'd never be able to afford to come stay at a place like this. But I grew sober as we approached the rest of the group. There were several faces I recognized and a few I didn't. I tossed a small smile at Captain Raven as we passed them and went over to join the rest of the Republic delegation.

I was surprised to see the infamous Vladimir Faust. I bit my lip and increased my mental shields. I wasn't happy he was here, but I knew he had the right to be present. Nevertheless, I couldn't help but remember all the terrible things he had done.

I turned my focus onto the Sith delegation. I didn't recognize either of them, but assumed they must be important given the stench of the dark side lingering about them.

I nodded another greeting at Grandmaster Fitt. I didn't know if he would remember me, but I had learned psychometry from him, and I had always been grateful for that lesson. And finally I smiled at Onderin and went to stand beside him.

As I did so, a Link employee approached the group. "Erm," he said, not knowing whom to address. He ended up addressing Reilly and Talis jointly. "If you're ready to begin, there are two conference rooms in this wing that are large enough for your party. One is Force-free and the other is not. Which one would you like to use? I can show you the way."

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

Onderin noted the arrivals of more guests, including the Dark Lord, with whom he was not familiar. This must be Dagon's replacement, he thought when he saw the dark figure shrouded in a black cloak as per typical Sith fashion. He tried to read the man in the Force but didn't get much--he did note that the Dark Lord felt very analytical. Still, he turned his mind from the man to Aira when she entered, and he greeted her with a smile.

Meanwhile, Rasil Talis thought for only a second before answering. "I think Force-free most adequately reflects the same security that bid the delegates to disarm," he said, not even glancing at Onderin. The Admiral shrugged. It probably wasn't the choice he would have made--if there was some kind of trouble, he'd want the multitude of Sith and Jedi Masters to feel it coming through the Force, but Talis' point was solid: perhaps removing the Force was the best way to keep trouble from happening in the first place.

"Unless the Imperial delegates disagree, lead on," Onderin said.

OOC: Let's get this party started. We started arriving 2 weeks ago and the negotiations haven't even started.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Marcus nodded in agreement with Admiral Starlisks comment. During his time in the military he had seen many technological advancements introduced that were designed to increase efficiency. In truth these installations had been made in order to cause more death with less effort, or to make bringing about these weapons easier. Admiral Reilly had always been pleased and happy that those in charge of those weapons had not yet been replaced with machines. If human consciousness, respect, and emotion were taken out of battle and replaced with logic, numbers, and a simple desire for results, the destruction wreaked by war so far would pale to the future.

As Onderin began to speak with the Emperor, Marcus allowed himself to drift through the gathering crowd. As he moved he spoke with several individuals, already feeling the gathering tension as so many enemies began to gather in one place. He knew that when these people normally gathered, death and destruction always followed. But this time, at least on the surface, it was peace that brought them together. And although he was a man of war, Marcus hoped that true lasting peace was the outcome.

As he spoke with one of the Imperial delegates, he "felt" two new delegates arrive. If feelings accounted for anything, he would definitely have labeled them as Sith. Although not quite as cold as the renegade Faust, he felt a chill run through him and down his spine. He watched as one entered and quickly moved to a corner of the room. From his own Imperial training, Marcus knew he was taking in every being in the room, analyzing every person for the negotiation to come. Although he did not see the second come in, he could still feel a cold presence nearby. Deciding to move toward something warmer, the young Admiral moved towards his old acquittance, GrandMaster Kitt of the Jedi. Just as he was about to speak, a Link employee spoke to him and the Republic delegate about beginning the meeting and moving the gathering to a conference room.

"I agree. A Force-free environment might be better suited to this negotiation. I say we proceed to to the conference room and officially begin this summit. Lead the way."

reilly1.jpg

The employee motions and leads the entire group to a large conference room. In contrast to the rest of the resort, this room is positively plain, dominated by a large polished wood table that the art lovers in the room would recognize as famous Alderaanian wood. A rich rug covered the floor, and each chair around the large round table was cushioned for long negotiations. The room was dominated by a sweeping view of the planet below, and the opposite wall doubled as a holo projector.

In the center of the table were refreshments, and there were complimentary datapads at each seat if the delegates wished to take notes.

The employee stepped back and stood quietly in the corner, there if anyone needed anything.

PvCXzdZ.jpg

((People really need to stop posting right as I am posting... :/ ))

Idarah, freshly polished for the grand opening of the hotel, came up to the new meeting area as dignitaries started to settle in with a plate of refreshments. There was a broad assortment of wines and beverages to offer, but for now the tray held only waters. There were menus resting on the tray in the center of the cups just in case anyone wanted anything else than water.

She'd followed Zara over and was seeking to make herself practical in order to help Zara with the opening of her hotel and so far she was doing what see considered to be a good job, but memories were still lingering in her brain; memories of her brother's funeral that took place not two weeks earlier.

It was held in one of the Link's ballrooms. The entire security force came out in bulk to see him off. Zara and her children were there, Brina was there, and although several people might not have been able to tell, Ida was there too. The eponymous creator of Idarah and Idejjen, stood to watch as her creation was set out to face death amidst people he loved very much. There was a wonderful ceremony for him and many words were said, but the overall mood of the situation echoed the crystal chandeliers dangling above the procession. Many a tear was shed that night and it had never really left Idarah's mind; even if most of her body was mechanical and Idejjen wasn't that dominant in her life, the memories still scarred her.

Still, she sought to help Zara and help she would. She was going to be as happy and accommodating as possible to make sure negotiations went smoothly between the dignitaries.

"Hello," A small, but pleasant feminine droid voice responded through the cloud of moving people. "Do any of you require refreshment?"

Then she looked at the table they were heading toward and sighed.

Well... The might still want something else. Maybe if I stand around long enough they'll pay attention to me and not this random employee person.

IdarahSig.png

Kitt smiled as he saw Marcus. The two had a very friendly conversation onboard his flag ship during one of the recent battles that Kitt had negotiated an end to. While he was still a young admiral, Kitt held very high hopes for him, especially seeing as he was Force sensitive. Part of the Grandmaster wished for Marcus to walk away from his military life to begin training in the Force, whether it'd be Jedi, Sith, or some other faction. The man had a gift, one that he would hate to see wasted.

As Talis spoke of going into a room without the Force, Kitt could see the logic of it on their side. However, with the character Faust in the room, Kitt did feel a little uneasy with not being able to sense his actions. It was now that Kitt wished he had invited Kirlocca to come along, as the Wookiee would have been ready for him, with or without the Force. Kitt decided not to speak on any of his feelings on the matter, and kept his mind closed on the matter of the Sith present. Part of him would have preferred to work with Dagon. Better the evil you know then the one you don't. Simply walking very quietly to the Force-free room where these talks would proceed, Kitt allowed his thoughts to remain within his own mind for the time being.

Darth Dominus exited his ship. The light was somewhat painful here, and Dominus made sure his robes covered his obsidian and silver skin. He had left his staff within his ship, which would have helped him control the pain had he taken it. He was sure that not everyone had decided to come unarmed, but Dominus had other ways of defending himself, should violence come upon them and he felt it was better to come in the spirit of the negotiations. He moved through the throngs of gathered diplomats. Dominus stayed opposite of Haphaestus, keeping an eye out for anyone who would attempt to threaten the new Dark Lord.

Odd to be in the position of bodyguard for my own former apprentice.

Dominus knew Haphaestus didn't really need Dominus to defend him, considering Haphaestus was a much better combatant. But there were other dangers. Dangers of diplomacy, and trickery that Dominus intended to watch out for. And perhaps even dangers that came from within Haphaestus himself. Through their Force bond, Dominus could feel the desire for challenge within Haphaestus. Haphaestus was controlling it, but Dominus knew there would be no more enjoyable experience for the Sith than to fight all those gathered here, even if it meant his own death.

He's a coiled weapon, but he'll grow into his new role. He is in control.

dartdominusgi2.jpg

"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking."

-Darth Rivan

As the group was herded like sheep into the next room, Deton mentally prepared himself for what was to come. He was a stormtrooper, bred that way by his own choosing, after rejecting the life of a naval man. For all intents and purposes he had been born and bread a military man. Which along with tough decisions had always mean that the more black and white the world seemed, the easier it was to live. To him if something wasn't black, it was white and vise versa. Yet here he was about to enter an arena full of silver tongued murders, thieves, back bitters, and beings of powers he had a hard time fathoming. Yet while most men would cower under the prospect, he welcomed the challenge, believing himself to be the most capable of all of them there, in terms of martial ability and mental prowess. He was the best of the best, made of the finest Imperial stock one could have. He would show them all just what it meant to tangle with a being such as he. After all one did not need a blaster to disable his enemies he had found.

Looking around the room, the silence of the beings in the room, confirmed what he suspected. That they were all either too afraid to talk or had no idea what to say. It was up to him then, the Emperor of the galaxy to lead the way. As it was and always had been. It was fitting that in killing his own command he must take the first steps to do it. Such was part of the burden of leadership.

His voice came across both booming and commanding. It was not particularly loud, but the force behind it was enough to garner the attention he needed.

"First we understand that as we are now...we can no longer continue. Our powers have been vastly depleted, yet our will to fight is strong enough that we would keep the galaxy mired in war for the next thousand generations.

To that end, we meet not to increase or gain our own personal power."

Deton's eyes shifted over to the beings that he had identified as Force users in the room. The movement was quick but the message was there.

"Instead despite our difference, we meet because the galaxy believes in us, and it is our duty to provide for the beings in the galaxy the best possible future.

With out further a due, I suggest our host be a moderator for the coming discussion.

After all each side has its own...strengthens to bring to the table. For the good of the galaxy we must bring these strength to bear, annihilate our weakness and ensure that for the good of the galaxy, we succeed here, for if we fail, we should be considered no better than the lowest of the low.

It should be understood simply that out of all of us here, none of us our qualified to lead the galaxy in this new age. Instead we shall need to find a new champion or champions. One unmarred by the bitter hatred we have for each other.

I propose a system of checks and balances be the topic of discussion. We here,each of us represent a greatly exaggerated power. The Empire has always had a strong, overwhelming executive power as its form of government. While the Republic in opposition decided that many voices were better and consolidated all of its power in the senate. With their unique powers, both Jedi and sith have spent their time passing down judgments on those of us not...gifted with their talents. Even going as far as to wear robes as if they were members of a judicial court. Claiming to be the same as us, while holding themselves above us. Granted each one has their own views but, that is simple a difference in opinion. "

He paused for a moment, marking sure to partake in water not wine, out of the refreshments laid before him. Even if the room was free of the all invasive Force, he much rather keep his wits about him, then become a drunk fool. The brief silence in his mind also gave members of the delegation time to evaluate his words so far. To see the self inspection he had presented before them. Yet he would give them no time to argue it, instead he continued on.

"I believe that we should have three if not four primary heads in order to leader the galaxy.

A Premier Executor who would serve as an executive leader.

One who could theoretically limit the arms of government. After all he would be our face as such direct and immediate action will need to be among his chief abilities. In that the Empire has always had a rather strong affinity for. The Premier would be our top authority to investigating misuse of power in say an established senate. Naturally any changes to the senate, such as adding new senators or a change in the senators' pay would be under his jurisdiction as he would have the final word.A veto ability would be useful for any bill that passes without an overwhelming majority. Then in keeping with his first strike abilities he can also authorize and oversee limited tactical strikes without a declaration of war from the senate, keeping within to his role as a first response leader.

In bringing the Republic's strengths to play we shall need a senate of sorts. It would be a group that could bring planetary matters to the notice of the government and resolves fluid issues like commerce resolving case and point regulating Bacta. As well as other diplomacy issues such as interplanetary disputes or warring factions like the Jedi and sith. Just as the Premier Executor has the ability to check on the senate they will have the ability to check on him. They should have the ability to call for a vote of no confidence in the Premier Executor provided they can prove a misuse of power, poor decision making, or incompetence. In case of his veto, they can override it only with an overwhelming majority. Should it come up at any point, the senate is the body that declares total war. There should be a position similar to a Grand moff, to preside over the senate. This person should perhaps be a member of a different branch and be a potential successor to the leader of the military council.

After all in order to keep military decisions out of the hands of those who do not understand war, there should be a separate military council. After all rumors are afoot of a police force drawn together by a few core world members. Should a new government be force to rely on an independent police force? Who would watch over them to make sure they in themselves don't become corrupt with power, and have the ability to bring down the hammer on a para-military organization as they are rumored to be. Who will protect our worlds, from pirates, the infamous black sun, that I believe both sides have had dealings with in the past, and all other manners of violence that can be perpetrated either by outside forces or within? Also do we dare let our guard down after being invaded by a different galaxy? Of course this council will have limits. They would need approval of the Premier Executor to launch tactical strikes. Perhaps this rumored law enforcement agency will find evidence for things outside of their jurisdiction, upon which then it would be up to us to handle such threats. Though it would take another event of proportions equal to invasion to allowed a total war state be declared. Of course there will need to be a designated head of such a body. A Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces who would also serve as the Military council's liaison to the senate, and receive orders of tactical strikes from the Premier Executor. This person command all military assets. The council is like his board of advisers. This allows a military mind to be behind the quick strike decisions made by the Primer who may not be as well versed in combat as those of us assembled are. It also stands to reason that should the Premier Executor be assassinate, this person be immediately placed in the role of Premier Executor, as a state of emergency that severe warrants in most cases a military response."

He paused briefly, struggling to keep his face straight. The next part of his proposal was hard for him. He had a certain and justifiable dislike of Force users. Mainly with those who called themselves with Jedi or Sith, or claimed to follow a 'dark' or 'light' side. Years on the battlefield, made one hard, but it didn't make one emotionless. To equate his military experience with his ability to control his emotions expressions on his face would be folly. There was little doubt that speaking from behind his helmet would be preferable for this part, as it would keep the utter disgust from creeping onto his face. Still to his credit, he was the face of the Empire, and he would be damned to little his own emotions betray the well-being of those under him.

"Though the Jedi and sith spend most of their time warring and tearing up the galaxy with their political views, perhaps we would be better served if we gave them both an equal part in the government.

Or we could simply kill them all. I personally like that plan.

Allowing a tribunal of Jedi and sith to work together in tandem as a judicial system of sorts. Surely their Force powers, will be instrumental in allowing the law to be applied and tailored to individuals, thus protecting the individual, and reducing the chances of sending an innocent man, woman or child to an unjust punishment. They could also accompany the senate in terms of diplomacy, in order to maintain that all sides were being dealt with in the best manner. As they are clearly combat ready, it would also reduce the need of an armed guard for senators on diplomatic missions.

Finally their talents would be put to a particular use, besides cutting up my men and allies with their various color lightsabers. Frekin saber jockeys.

Of course such a body would indeed have quite the power. As such they will be listed as military assets and placed under the power of the executive branch.

After all one keeps their friends close but their enemies closer. Besides when they mess up, and they will, as it is inevitable conclusion, the damage the do will be limited by a quick response, instead of the need to gear up for war.

This ensures that they have the power to check the senate by interpreting the laws. While at the same time, keeping them with in the bounds of the governments power.

As well as forces them to see each and every person they inflict their power on. Hear their stories, get to know them, instead of a simply mind trick, that in the end embarrasses the person and destroys in some cases all they hold dear. Never mind keeping them from being in command of any person willing to fight to secure a brighter future for the galaxy.

Especially should either group decide to try and use their Force powers in an adverse way, they would be able to be handled in the most efficient way, by the department most capable of handling the offender.

Or in other words a bullet for each offending saber jockey's skull. Plain and simple.

Perhaps such a tribunal should cause the creation of a government sponsored and created Force education system. The two sides would initial have a say in the curriculum, but eventually it would allow for both Jedi and sith to turn to their religious ways, instead of being dragged into the realm of politics.

Their replacements would be far better suited to the needs of the galaxy than either respected order. Plus that would then out the military council in a better position to check the Premier should he become corrupt.

With all of that said, I believe that beyond that there are other matters to be discussed. Such as reallocating assets, and supplies, but first and foremost a style of government must be decided on before we progress any further.

After all there is the matte of stationing capital ships at each planet, or establish bases for Fleets to reside at. Such ideas have its merits, but are less important than the matters I have brought to this peace table."

His hands rested on the back of his chair, having felt that sitting down would destroy the commanding presence he had established. Still with his first piece out, the refreshments in front of him, did indeed look tasty enough to slip one or two pieces of fruit in his mouth while he awaited a response.

detonsigoq4.png

I entered the room and felt the wave of Force-lessness wash over me, but I paid it little mind. I wasn't so attuned to the Force that it's absence would bother me. I took my seat and waited for everyone to enter.

As soon as the last person sat down, I started to open my mouth to inform the group of the terms Raven and I had agreed upon, but the current emperor, Deton, jumped up immediately and began a very long-winded rant, peppered with jabs at Force users in general. It wasn't, I thought, a very smart thing to do given that almost the entire population of the room were Force users, but I supposed his hatred was ingrained that he barely realized what he was saying. Besides, I reminded myself, he was a military leader, not a politician.

When he was finally finished, he remained standing, as if waiting for someone to challenge him. I shook my head. I hadn't expected this to go completely smoothly, but the man could at least attempt to stay diplomatic.

I leaned forward in my seat. "If I may speak, I feel it important that I share what Captain Zinthos and I agreed to and set down aboard the Peacemonger a few days ago. It may provide a good base line from which we may discuss additions or subtractions. However, I feel, and I know Captain Zinthos feels," I added, with a nod in her direction, "that these foundational principles will serve our new galactic alliance well."

I didn't rise from my seat like Emperor Rustic had, but remained seated, my hands open on the table. "Captain Zinthos and I agreed upon a federal republic style of government. This is comprised of three branches--legislative, executive, and judicial. Each branch will have an even amount of power to allow for multiple layers of checks and balances.

"The legislative branch will be the Senate, or a similar body. Galaxy-changing decisions need to be decided upon by a two-thirds majority of the Senate. They must meet and vote on courses of action. This means that if there is an invasion along the lines of the Arach'tar of a few years ago, it will be the Senate's job to declare war.

"In terms of the executive branch, we envisioned it being led by a head of state and a high advisory council. The council will be formed of the chief of state, elite senators, the supreme commander of the military, a director of intelligence, the minister of justice and the minister of state."

I glanced at Raven, encouraging her to speak up if I was leaving anything out. "The Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces has the same political clout as any other senator with the exception that he is not based on a planet. He is mostly autonomous, in theory answering only to the advisory council, although for large scale military action, he would need to receive a two-thirds vote from the Senate. He is in charge of the military assets of the government.

"In terms of Force-users," I said, and here I hesitated, glancing at the Dark Lord of the Sith and the Jedi Grandmaster. "We didn't have a lot of time to discuss what we thought would work best, but we did say that they could also have a representative on the high advisory council, or at least to have a representative at it's meetings when they chose. This keeps them involved with the legislative and executive aspects of the government, if they so chose, while still having the autonomy necessary for them to do their jobs."

I refrained from commenting on Emperor Rustic's idea of a state-run Force-user academy. I didn't personally like the idea, but that was the place of the Grandmaster and Dark Lord to comment on.

I looked around the room, my expression open. "Those were the baselines Captain Zinthos and I agreed upon in the preliminary negotiations. Opinions?"

I wasn't naive enough to believe that everyone would simply accept these ideas without arguing, but I hoped that we'd work within that framework. For now, I fell silent, waiting to hear the response of those other highly respected--and sometimes feared--members of the galactic community that were in this room alongside me.

((OOC: These are essentially the OOC things we all agreed on...I just wanted to get them out there IC so that we can tweak them a bit if we want.))

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

Kitt stood in a corner and kept to himself during the talks as they started. He couldn't keep too quiet at the mention of a government style program to take over for the Jedi, which is exactly the full opposite direction that he wanted to take the Order now. Once Aria had finished her part, the Grandmaster felt it'd be his turn to comment on the subject, since she was leaving it for him to discuss.

"The Jedi Order plans to withdraw upon itself, leaving the politics behind that turned us into warriors versus peacekeepers. No, the Order will not allow for any government to step into our affairs. It happened more than once before and it will not happen again."

He left out that the Jedi Order had already migrated off of Gala to Tython. It was a move that he planned to keep to himself for as long as he could. If anyone within the government found out, it would open too many doors that he was not ready to deal with. No, for now, they would not know. Down the road when he was prepared to deal with the politics, he would allow them to know.

"All this cheery, forward looking talks is quant," Faust states, stepping up to the table and having followed the others in, "but not all of us are looking to the future. Some of us are, or should be more concerned with the past. You can order your house of cards as you wish," he states callously. "And hope it endures the worst of storms, but the foundations, foundations soaked in blood need tending to."

His eyes scan the room, meeting each of the delegates in turn. "There's been some... atrocities committed by many parties here. I know certain self-righteous individuals would point I do carry the lion's share, but even among the Jedi, you have the Butcher of Kuat and others," he states, eyes meeting Onderin's at that moment, "just as my fellow Sith and those I've worked with, worked under, and even ordered under the Empire have shed their fair share."

"You talk of governments, but I talk of people. The Jedi are willing to cloister themselves off, but what of my Sith bretherin, or those loyal to the Empire who, under its lawful jurisdiction, committed what some may call war crimes?"

He glances between Deton and Onderin now. "My proposal is simple. You feel that the galaxy cannot continue as is and are unifying into a single government, a clean slate. My concern is for those on the fringes as many in the Empire and under the Sith acted lawfully within their bounds, operating for causes beyond good and evil and the rules the Republic used.

I am therefore proposing a blanket amnesty, or at least honoring pardons and writs issued by the executives of each government, past and present. It will protect those who dared not disobey my orders, and perhaps others in this room as well who have unleashed as much devistation as I. Both sides wipe the slate clean."

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Raven nodded back to Aira when the Jedi/Sith problem came up.

”œAnd that is just the problem isn't it? Whenever we have a powerful religious force, it always turns out badly. I am very sure you remember the hundreds, if not thousands of Jedi or Sith that went on power trips and destroyed half the galaxy! The conflict that until recently embroiled the galaxy was set in motion by the Sith and the Jedi! Do you deny it? That is the problem. Though I consider many of you here my friends, if not best of friends...”

Raven_3_Sig.png.fa6e284bec4ff42ba02901e8567b2f87.png

Pretender to the Galactic Throne

Leader of the Rebel Alliance

Kitt smiled amusingly at all parties now. There was some humor in the side that they took, a humor that he would expose. Even faust held concerns, but his view could easily be turned in on itself.

"You mistake the judgement of a person. To declare that Force users will always be that way is heavily ignorant and I'll tell you why. Government's always interfere with peoples lives and take their money they earn and use it for themselves. The very statement is false, as a few good characters can enter the situation and change it, much like you all plan to now. Why would it be thought upon different Force users?"

He really didn't care what transpired here, as he would handle the Jedi Order as he saw fit no matter the outcome. He was simply speaking up to save themselves from holding incorrect views.

"I'm not the same mold of Jedi Grandmaster that the galaxy has seen for the past few decades. You'll find me a breath of fresh air, much as you can say about some of the younger officers in the room, yourself included my dear."

OOC: I'm Haphaestus, if you didn't know, so I shall include his part in this post.

IC:

Onderin and Ambassador Talis listened very carefully to the proceedings, first as the Emperor spoke, then as others took over. A lot of good things were said--particularly among them that the Empire seemed to be quite willing to accept a democratic government--and a few things that Onderin was outright against. It was time to start addressing them. He looked at Ambassador Talis, and the other man nodded. They would play off each other here.

The Admiral started. "Emperor Rustic, first I must say that a balance of power is indeed critical, and the more leaders we have, I think the better, so that no one man has too much power," he said. "That said, I have a few concerns about some of the things you brought up, particularly concerning the military.

"You suggested that a military council be created separate from any other council. I believe the provisions that Captains Cadan and Raven laid down preclude that possibility. Indeed, I think it's very important for non-military personnel to have a say in military decisions," he continued, "for war is as much political as it is military."

Ambassador Talis took over. "The Admiral is correct. A high council should be appointed with the members Captain Cadan suggested, including and extending to as necessary the positions that the Emperor provisioned. An Executor or Supreme Commander of sorts with some control over minor fleet actions is essential, perhaps to be called upon by worlds that come under attack, but anything major should be passed through this advisory council, made up of enough people to ensure that an issue is being approached from every angle and--" he glanced significantly at the Dark Lord and Grandmaster "--ensuring that the Jedi and Sith get equal representation.

"Concerning the Jedi and Sith... I trust that in a galaxy of peace, their religious war can wane as well? I don't think Jedi and Sith should be the judiciary branch, but a full court system is implemented just like both the Republic and Empire have now," he explained. "Let the Jedi go back to their traditional role--as keepers of the peace, separated from the government if they so choose. I have no idea where the Sith fit into all of this."

Haphaestus, the Dark Lord, spoke up then, his voice as dark and brooding as his cloak-enshrouded figure. "The Sith will be satisfied with equal representation on an advisory council with the Jedi," he said. "We will find our place in the galaxy, Ambassador--that is not this summit's concern."

Onderin frowned. "Unfortunately, the Sith have always been trouble," he said. "I can't imagine how the Empire's tolerated you all these years."

Talis cut back in. "Moving along. I would like to address the words of Vladimir Faust," he said. "I think we can agree that this government will suffer if certain high-ranking individuals are removed for war-time trials. Since we're all looking forward, I agree with Faust--a universal pardon for war crimes should be issued. In war, civilians sometimes die, and now we are as two factions uniting into a stronger one, not one that should be riddled with internal accusations.

"And to address Captain Raven... I suspect that any rogue Force user, any Jedi that falls to the dark side and begins terrorist operations against the Galactic Alliance will be treated as a criminal according to judicial law," he said. "That goes for the Sith, too--core security and the military exist to protect the citizenry from such threats."

3C12kbA.png

Deton noted with some displeasure that the jedi witch shook her head as if disproving of what he had proposed. He however was still unsure as to why this know nothing captain was allowed to sit at the same table as he. Had this been a different situation he would have had her carted off in chains to await the sentencing she no doubt deserved for crimes against the Empire.

As she began speaking from her chair, the Emperor could barley be of a mind to listen. Especially as it sound like she was sprouting a much gutted version of what he had already proposed.

Jedi arrogance at its finest. No doubt only listens to others who command the Force. Would be nice to arrange an accident of some sort and watch her disappear. Her and any other Jedi.

The Jedi grandmaster however, delivered far better words. Ones that he had perhaps wished to hear for quite some time.

A Galaxy with out Jedi, what a glorious day indeed! If only they had done this sooner rather than later. Why the galaxy itself would be a different and far better place.

Nodding subconsciously as the Jedi spoke he was clearly supporting the move made by the Jedi, abet for different reasons. Yet snapping him from his daydream came a request from Faust. It was indeed simple enough, a governmental pardon for all who were apart of grievous war crimes.

He knew what his answer would be, yet the lack of a moderator made it difficult to interject when needed. Yet the sudden explosion of emotion was one he had a heartfelt agreement with. One that he back even though it came out of the mouth of a sixteen year old girl. If anything that is what the galaxy needed right now, some one to help put it back together who might still own the rosy sunglasses that accompanied the eyes of children. A less jaded view of the galaxy and all of its shortcomings as well as the follies and pride of men. Discreet as it was, a smile did appear on his lips as his young officer continued. One that had proven her worth before to him, and had earned quite a few medals, that she would no doubt never receive, as these talks marked the end of the Empire.

As the Grandmaster began to speak, Deton came to a starting conclusion, he was in a room full of children. It was strange but there was a clear and marked difference between those who had tasted war for a number of years and were older and wiser, and those who had only recently come onto the scene of true power. The question was, where did he stand? Was he among those who could be considered jaded yet men? Or was he just as naive and idealistic as the children who waged a back and forth war of worlds at a rather finely spread table.

He looked towards the Republic delegation as a spark of life seemed to fill his enemy. Listening to his words he noted, that between the two of them, perhaps they would be able to wrestle the galaxy to an acceptable future. Though the man was clearly too soft.

Deton had been in the military since he could talk in his book. It was easy to allow darker and more baser emotions get to you. Easy to find yourself following a dark path as the years of war began to blend and blur together in your life. A true solider didn't let it get to them. Didn't commit the atrocities if they truly were fighting for what they believed in. For whatever reason Faust had seemingly forced good men to do such things. However, had they been forced? Or where they just happy to have an excuse? That was the question.

Sadly it seemed that the Admiral had, at some point violated his own principals as he seemed far to eager to agree with the mass murder in the room. It was time to speak up once more.

"Admiral, Ambassador Talis, and General Fasut. You know as well as I do that a blanket pardon would only be a feel good but rather undeserved measure. To do so cheapens the very thing we work towards here! All persons regardless of their crime, should be subjected to a military tribunal and determine if their actions were indeed justifiable. If not, a swift punishment should be merited out. No exceptions!"

Least we let psychopaths go free.

He turned to face the room, if only to get the house back in order. Otherwise it would degenerate into numerous side conversations, and there would be no progress.

"Let us tackle one issue at a time. It is agreed that when we leave this summit, a new government, blending the best of all worlds will have formed. With that in mind, least us make our first motion.

The processing of war criminals. Should they or should they not be pardoned?

Each side has had a history of unimaginable bloodshed on its hands. Men and women have been pushed to the brink countless time, and of course a few would fall into the deep dark abyss of insanity, no matter how temporary. Others might not be marred by the mark of insanity, by their crimes just as vicious and their reasoning just as believable if not just. "

His voice lowered from a booming command, to a soft roar.

"We hold their lives....and ours in our hands here.

SO let us take a vote! Lets us see where we shall stand on such measures!"

If only to convince Faust that his presence will not be needed at this discussion. Surely this is the only item he had cause for.

detonsigoq4.png

Onderin fought the urge to roll his eyes theatrically. You want to go down this road, Rustic? I'll make sure you spend the rest of your life locked up, he thought. This was not a place the galaxy needed to go--especially not now.

It was Talis that responded to Deton's words, however, which was probably a good thing. "Emperor Rustic, I hardly think anyone wants to follow this path. Right now, public opinion holds in their eyes heroes on both sides. The moral of our great governments has never been higher. Pursuing war crimes will tear down the very unity we're attempting to build by letting loose accusations that will polarize us."

He shook his head. "War is messy. Criminals who are such by actions outside of a professional military environment can still be pursued, but it takes too fine a judge of character and too great a toll on this new society to pursue war trials exhaustively at this time."

At this point, Haphaestus spoke up. "The Sith are uninterested in any war trials," he said darkly, which seemed to be the only tone he commonly used. His tone seemed to infer that some great consequence would follow from attempting to try a Sith Lord in a court of law, but he didn't verbalize the intention, if it was there.

3C12kbA.png

Cadio had remained silent during the proceedings to this point, content to let the others fight out their issues until he was ready to voice his opinion. It was all well and good for everyone to claim that they had the galaxy's best interests in mind but it was quite clear that most of the people in attendance had at least some kind of personal motivation behind their ideas. It was rather frustrating to see all of these supposed military leaders fall into the role of a two-faced politician so easily. It begged the question of how long this new government would last before it became the exact thing that it had sought to destroy.

He thought back to his talks with Captain Raven and Vladimir Faust when they had been in his custody. Both had changed his thinking in remarkable ways and he and Raven had even discussed the topic of a new government. He wondered if she would remember their dialogue. It might have been utopian thinking but it was still a concept to consider. Now the subject of war trials was being thrown about and after hearing what others had said, Cadio felt the need to interject.

"It is commonly said that history is decided by the victors. The victors decide who is a hero and who is a villain, but is that really what we seek to accomplish with these negotiations? To lock up the other side when in reality they were simply fighting for what they believed in? I'm done pointing fingers. We have all made mistakes that have cost innocent lives whether we choose to accept this truth or not and its time to rectify those mistakes.

I have no qualms with pardoning war crimes on both sides, even those of former-Emporer Rustic. At the most recent Battle of Coruscant he proved to me that he can be a sensible man and though we haven't seen eye to eye on political and military issues I see no reason that he should be tried for war crimes any more than Admiral Starlisk or myself should be. His input could be most valuable in our new government as long as it is properly checked and the same can be said for almost anyone in this room.

I'm reminded of a discussion that Captain Raven and I had aboard my flagship not that long ago. She had me entertain the thought that a government built on blood will surely fall to a similar fate and she was very correct in her statement. If the first act of this new government is to attempt to execute its former enemies then we are no better than the form of government that we are retiring. Sometimes forgiveness is the best course of action."

He paused to let this settle in for a moment. He took the opportunity to briefly lock eyes with the former Imperial Captain of which he spoke, hoping that she would remember what they had discussed. He broke his gaze away from her's and let his sight come to rest on the deranged man standing at the table.

"However, this doesn't answer the question of how to treat those who have committed crimes of both natures. Quite honestly, while some of the atrocities that you committed were sanctioned by former Emperors who themselves should be tried for criminal activities, Master Faust, you have still committed actions completely unsanctioned by either faction and I don't understand how you can stand there and claim that everything you have done was a necessary evil of the fight for peace.

You see, Faust, I happen to remember a conversation that we had a few months ago aboard my flagship after capturing you on Mon Calamari. You told me that peace was a lie. Nothing you have done was in the pursuit of peace and that gives me no reason to even consider granting your request for amnesty and I'm fairly certain that Admiral Starlisk will agree with me."

Perhaps part of his reasoning included the fact that Faust had destroyed his family and he didn't want to see his wife and children's murderer go free but the more he thought about it, the more it made sense. Pardoning Rustic was akin to pardoning Starlisk but pardoning Faust was letting a murderer who would continue to fight for anarchy go free and that was something that he simply couldn't let happen.

Cadiosig052009.png

If there was perhaps one person he should hate more than Starlisk, it was the man speaking now. Yet, it wasn't hate that filled his breast when the man spoke but, instead understanding. Though this man had been his enemy, and had been partly the cause of the most horrific tragedy he had, had under his reign. That had in the end truly been a fault of war, and not a malicious act meant to wipe out untold number of lives.

He mentally grimaced, as he knew there were still beings in the hospital behind that particular event. The wounds in his mind were fresh still, for it had been the among the greatest of blows and blunders against him. To forgive such a thing would take a great deal but, he understood why it had happened.

He watched the man as he spoke, and for some reason found himself agreeing with his words.

To build this new government lusting for blood would be a terrible thing indeed. It would undermine the very united front we are trying to build.

"It seems that I agree with the well spoken gentleman. In order to establish....trust in this new Galactic Order, I shall suggest that we let the nature of beings be our guide. A semi-pardon for all individuals. Semi in that should they step over the lines we build here, we can hit them for their new crime, and try them for war crimes as well.

People are what they are, hero or villain old habits die hard. I say allow the pardon to present a unified front, and allow the military council to actively keep an eye on individuals who have been pardoned. It is risky, if say a psychopath gets loose but, perhaps with vigilance, we can catch a villain long before their villainous ways hurt another."

It is a compromise, but that is what this government needs. Compromises at its formation so that there will be no need to compromise later. Still this is dangerous and I am sure all in attendance save maybe Faust will be as conflicted about this decision.

detonsigoq4.png

As Marcus took his seat at the conference table he found himself to the direct right of Emperor Rustic. He allowed himself a small smile that carried with it a weight of sadness. Even now, with the dissolution of the Empire at hand, the young Admiral still instinctively placed himself at the right hand of the Empire. It would be tough to give up those old habits; most of them had become second nature to him over the course of many years. He could still remember his old drill instructors screaming for hours on end at the recruits to learn their place and their duties. He could still remember the aches and pains of physical training, and the weariness that accompanied the long nights in the Imperial Archives studying for examinations. But to Marcus they had been worth it. At the sound of the Emperors voice, Admiral Reilly was brought back to the meeting at hand and the present.

As many of the delegates took their turns speaking, Marcus sat patiently. He knew his limits in the realm of politics and had decided only to attend this function to make sure his men were treated fairly in the end, and to support Deton in making sure the Empire was not totally screwed. But the more he listened the more his insides began to churn. For a split second the anger he felt was different than the emotion he usually felt. Under normal circumstances he could feel a fire burning deep within himself. Yet now he only felt irritation, annoyance, and frustration. He watched and listened to each barbed word and defending argument was put forward. He grimaced when he realized that these were the men forming the government that would rule the galaxy. As the Emperor gave some more of his opinion on the pardon of war crimes, Marcus had finally had enough.

”œENOUGH!!”

reilly1.jpg

The Jedi master who had until this point been silent made a rather sudden standing motion. Though he had been in plain view for quite some time, it was this motion that allowed wandering eyes to be fixated upon the Jedi.

Clearing his throat he began simply enough.

"Hello, I am Scorp Ession. Jedi council member."

His eyes surveyed the room and he broke into a smile. The words began to flow from him naturally in a low yet smooth tone. It was as if he was conversing with every single person individually, even though he was speaking to the group as a whole.

"I am; sometimes to my disbelief, considered to be a Jedi master. To some..."

His eyes darted toward Deton as well as a few other Imperials in the room.

"...I might be considered a being of supernatural power. Yet if there is something I have learned in my journey to understanding the will of the Force it is something quite humbling.

Although they I able to use the Force, I really am no better than those who can not. After all I couldn't even have become a Jedi if somebody else hadn't taken the time to teach me the ways of the Force.

Still the reason I bring this up because I feel that in this somewhat off topic issue, I could bring some light to the table. I understand just as well as anyone, the emotions the come with the idea of letting a murderer walk free. Even if a thousand justifiably innocent men are pardoned, the one who enjoyed such evil work walking free chills most if not all of us to the bone.

There is perhaps no greater example than Faust himself, who recently struck out against the Jedi, bombing our temple and wounding many Jedi. It is natural to have emotion running high at this meeting. Even more so when such prospects come up.

Yet I feel that it should be said that emotion should not take away the peace that will be achieved here. The anger some if not all of you have for each other, and for ideas presented is understandable. However, you must not only face it but put it aside and work towards the greater good. Otherwise you may act rashly and the objectivity you are all trying to hold on to, will be lost and these talks shall go nowhere.

In helping to face your emotions remember this. Every event has a purpose. Even the most tragic of occurrences and happenings is simply another part of life. It may have happened to you or some one you know but, disagreements and disappointments are inevitable, these things need to be taken in stride.

While allowing a being such as Faust to walk out of here, goes against every emotional fiber of my being. I understand those feelings and once more, I know that to hold every single person who would be affected by this pardon to the behavior of Faust would cause a quite the tunnel vision.

I must admit I agree with the young admiral that we gathered here today, should put the need of the community over our own individual needs. To understand that saving our own skins so to speak should be secondary if even that to the objective we achieve here today. However, I also know that we as a gathered group of leaders attempting to unite the galaxy need to do one thing in order to get the ball rolling. If you truly wish to move forward, you can't not do so clinging to the past.

Know that there is bad blood between both sides. Yet clinging to the past is not in keeping with your vision of the future."

The Jedi master fell silent as he looked around the room. He doubted he would find the need to speak again, should those in the room take his words to heart. He knew on some level there was a sort of arrogance in thinking in such a way. Yet, to him, all he could see was the big picture. He was simply unable to concern himself with how others at this conference may view him. After all until now, none of them had even known his name. Which oddly enough had suited him just fine.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Faust watches the delegates react to his proposal with a straight face, resisting strongly the urge to glare at Rustic and even elation at what would have been the Dark Lord and Onderin's unexpected support, culminating in the semi-pardon. At that a faint smile appears on his face, thin and tight lipped, but just visible.

"I think a semi-pardon would be fine," he concludes. "If nothing else, it ensures future good behavior." Turning to Cadio, Faust breaks into a smile. "There is no peace? Ahh, what better way to break the spirit of a battle-worn soldier? Believe what you will, Admiral Sikaot, but I can be sincere in desiring peace, though inspiring fear and awe.... has its uses in beating down opposition." His eyes glitter, the wolfish smile on his lips never reaching them.

"Yes, the semi-pardon is a most... reasonable solution and one I think many would fine equitable. One last suggestion I would make is the loathin for Force users, myself among them. I earned my reputation as a hunter even before studying the arts of the Sith, bringing down Dark Lords and Jedi Masters alike, and while powerful, they are mortal. Perhaps a group of soldiers- no real rank, or real power, could be put into order, Jedi and Sith alike, to be called on for dealing with rogue elements that threaten the piece. I cannot speak for the Dark Lord, but I know some Sith are willing to do their part... if the Jedi can and are willing to do the same?" He asks the last lightly, in the same tone he used when he accused them of cloistering themselves off, his eyes meeting Scorp and Kitt.

That last said, he rises to standing, once more giving the table an appraising look. "I can tell my presence here is making some delegates uncomfortable, so I shall excuse myself. If I am needed for that venture I mentioned in ah... reigning in rogue Force users..." he tosses a comm link- and really, truly, just a comm link on the table. "I can be reached using that comm for any jobs like the one I mentioned for my usual rates. I wish you all the best of fortunte in this new government."

Giving a stiff, if formal bow, Faust sweeps from the room. As he leaves, his back turned to the delegates a grin of nothing short of elation crosses his face. Against all odds, he had the pardon he wanted. Making care to collect his weapons, as well as his four young "guests" he departs the conference.

Onderin continued to listen intently as the discussion continued. It seemed like everyone was content with a "vigilant" pardon, which sounded like a pretty good idea to him. Unfortunately, elements like Faust could do a potentially large amount of damage before their pardon could be erased, so to speak, but it was still in the best interests of the galaxy when the alternative was tearing apart the government that they were trying to build.

The rest of Faust's speech was interesting, and Onderin spoke up. "I never thought I'd be saying this, but Faust's idea has merit," he said. "The Jedi have always been keepers of the peace and law enforcement of a sort--remember, before the Clone Wars, the Old Republic had no military branch, relying on the Jedi for the protection of the citizenry."

Ambassador Talis cut in smoothly. "And the Jedi were extremely effective at it. Everyone knows what a danger a rogue Force user can become," he stated. "And it's also known that the best people to take down such a rogue element are other Force users. I think it would be irresponsible of the Jedi not to accept this proposal. And what of the Sith?"

Haphaestus stirred. "Faust spoke the truth," he said. "The Sith are ready to do our part. If we are to be given a place in this government, rogue elements will hurt us as much as they hurt this Galactic Alliance." As the Dark Lord of the Sith, he was rather enjoying this--it wasn't every day that the Sith could gain this much galactic status with so few words. Things would be totally different after this, and he would find ways to use it.

Admiral Starlisk and Ambassador Talis turned their respective gazes on Kitt Fitt expectantly.

3C12kbA.png

Kitt could suddenly feel all eyes rest upon him. It was a feeling that he was not use to yet, as being the Grandmaster was still somewhat new to him. Taking a moment to look down at the floor, he pondered upon what it would mean to have such an action reflected upon the Jedi Order. It wasn't something that he was in favor with, nor was he really against it either. Looking up, he locked eyes with the Sith Master present, letting a few moments pass between them. Speaking up, he spoke very quietly so that everyone in the room would have to pay close attention to his every word.

"The Jedi Order planned to go back to what we began as. Because of this, I am willing to openly say that we will support this idea and even pledge a few Jedi special to handling this task alone. But it is something that if we are to work with the Sith on, I would rather talk one on one with The Dark Lord himself before anything becomes fully final."

Kitt wasn't sure how much everyone could really see his face, as he did keep the hood of his robe over his head, and the massive scruff on his face also kept his full features from being seen. Only a few in the room knew what he looked like, as this was in fact his first appearance before most as the Grandmaster. Until recently, he was just another Jedi Master in the crowd of many. He felt that Haphaestus may be in the very same position that he was in as well, which is why he thought it wise for the two to sit down and talk one on one.