Make me want to read your story.

Tiana Calthye

The best description I ever did see of a query letter was by Miss Snark.

She wants to know, in six sentences, WHO is doing WHAT to WHOM and why the hell she should care.

What is your story? Who is the hero and what is happening to him/her in chapter one? Why should we keep reading?

Tell me about your story.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

A young woman named Heather gets transported to another world via magic. She enlists the help of a man named Vex and an elf-like being named Glaedr to help her get home, encountering the darkness of the world she has been transported to along the way. When she finally makes it home, she discovers that the same evil organization that had poisoned the other world is taking control of her own. Determined to stop it before it's too late, she and a friend named Ailis set off to take down the organization and free the worlds under its influence. Meanwhile, Vex and Glaedr decide that the time has right to overthrow the cruel regimes of their own world. These parallel storylines culminate in a final battle with the fate of multiple worlds on the line.

There. Six sentences that sum up my novel.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

• 3 weeks later...
That is going to be the hardest part for me I think. I am terrible at summerizing! That's why I write novels!

I want to read your story Ami!!

KIARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DV!!!

Are either of you hanging around?

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

KIARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Faints*

*revives*

*Turns around*

DARTHE VIPERSECYTHE!!!!!

*Faints again*

*Revives again*

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

How are you two!?

Hope you will both be around a little bit more!

qsWJXxN.png

looking forward to tit
One flash of my perfect chest and he'll be knocked out in a happytime daydream.

That is going to be the hardest part for me I think. I am terrible at summerizing! That's why I write novels!

I want to read your story Ami!!

KIARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normally I'd have something to say about one word posts but HOLY MOTHER OF ALL RANDOM OLDBIE SIGHTINGS.

Not just one but two in one thread.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

*tries to log out when she notices that the logout button has vanished into thin air!*

"Egad! What tomfoolery be this?!" cries DV as she frantically attacks her browser with a barrage of giant pink, chinchilla shaped marshmallows.

"Well you know what they say, when you can't beat 'em...join 'em!"

*DV pulls Brendo, Ami, Tiana and NG into a fierce bear hug--the marshmallows, feeling left out, stand aside sullenly and shuffle their feet*

Ahhh....I've missed you all!!!! How has everyone been? How are all your novels/fanfics doing? Who wants cornflakes?

DartheSerpentress.jpg

Mock me And I Will Strike You Down

*evil laugh* We have you now!

Seriously, though, it's great to see you again DV!!! How is everything?

*gives one of the marshmallows a hug so it doesn't feel left out*

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

DV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

*Faints again*

*Wakes up*

Twice in a week! Wow!

Great to see you hanging around again DV. I hope you stay around for a bit this time!

I've written a few bits of poetry and a couple of other short peices in recent times.

qsWJXxN.png

looking forward to tit

*evil laugh* We have you now!

Seriously, though, it's great to see you again DV!!! How is everything?

*gives one of the marshmallows a hug so it doesn't feel left out*

I'm doing great, Ami! I've been super busy but now that summertime has finally rolled around I finally have time to devote to more worthy pursuits...like bothering you guys . How is your insanely amazing writing going? I want to read your novel!!!

We've missed your brand of crazy awesome DV. Are you going to hang around for a while?

How have you been?

Brendo!!! I've missed your crazy awesomeness too, and I think I will hang around for a bit. I've missed you all insanely.

DV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

*Faints again*

*Wakes up*

Twice in a week! Wow!

Great to see you hanging around again DV. I hope you stay around for a bit this time!

I've written a few bits of poetry and a couple of other short peices in recent times.

Hehehe...you know what they say, NG, third time's a charm. I really, really enjoyed reading your poems by the way. Simplicity in poetry has always impressed me more than excessive verbosity and superfluous jibber-jabber that is utterly, completely, totally, absolutely and unequivocally convoluted to the point where no one individual can comprehend even the merest semblance of meaning that the poet in question intended to convey.

DartheSerpentress.jpg

Mock me And I Will Strike You Down

Thanks! I've always thought that writing doesn't need insane descriptions to have impact and that sometimes the fewer words and more simple the words then the greater the impact.

qsWJXxN.png

looking forward to tit

Thanks! I've always thought that writing doesn't need insane descriptions to have impact and that sometimes the fewer words and more simple the words then the greater the impact.

Spot on, Nat! Someone asked why purple prose on another forum I was one, was a bad thing... and my answer was very similar. Raw, carefully selected words can make for a bigger impact than all the words a thesaurus can provide.

Sometimes the simplest words can have the biggest impact.

I put down a book screaming once because the ONLY WORD ON THE PAGE was

"White."

spsig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

*nods*

Kiara, DV. Hope you are still around. I came back, look! And if I can do it, so can you two.

Besides... It'll be nice to have some decent lengthy stories going again. Something to read, something to compete against.

ANYWAY!!!

6 sentances.

This is... AETHERWORLD!!!

A young lady, Emmeh Rald, along with her husband and financier, start a gothic/gamer/geek/etc nightclub that they expect to fail within 12 months. However they underestimate the good and bad popularity of such a place. They have to deal with ignorant people of the city being against such a den, who keep trying to get the place closed. And yet they manage to expand their little empire. Even through the hardships over the years, they keep the Aetherworld running successfully, even becoming celebrities.

That is my novel series I am working on. Based on a discussion some of us girls once had. I'm still working out storyline, timeline, antagonists etc. But that is essentially the gist of it overall. Nat's helped me with some ideas and it's starting to get some shape to it.

Myth2010.jpg

But I'm out of cheesecake.

Taking over JNet, 1 thread at a time.

JNet Royalty