Dark Sun Station

Control, control was what was needed now.   The adrenaline that was coursing through his veins as he observed the shuttle was hard to control but manageable.  Focusing he examined the shuttle and reached out gently with the force to see what may be inside.  Ah force users, that meant Jedi.  Looking over to his master he couldn't discern what she was thinking but knew that when the time came he would lay down his life if needed to ensure she survived.  She had designs that would help to free the galaxy and he wouldn't allow those designs to be destroyed.  He himself had plans but in the end he knew that the knowledge he had aquired and written down would still be of use even should he fall.  The formula's for his creations were in their most basic stages but could be expanded upon.  Regardless though this would prove interesting when the shuttle opened, if it would indeed open.

Staring at the craft it powered down and seemed to acknowledge that it could not escape the hanger.  The creatures inside were tense, at least they gave off an aura of nervousness.  That is except for two of them.  They were the force users, one seemed quite powerful while the other appeared to be a neophyte, not unlike himself.  What mysteries could they share if they simply put aside their petty differences and worked to freeing the Galaxy of its outdated misconceptions.  He doubted that they would stop and swap stories but it was always in the forefront of his mind to attempt to gain knowledge, freely given being the prefered method.  However should it come to having to extract it through other means, well that was not something he would object to either.  Focusing instead on his surroundings he began to formulate potential plans of action for various scenarios, it was going to be an interesting day, even as the batte raged outside his mental focuse allowed him to ignore this and focus exclusively on the problem in front of him.

"Master, with your permision I will strive to deal with the lesser force user within the shuttle should it come to blows.  You have only to ask and I will lay down my life for our cause.  All I ask is that my work, the beginings of my work, be carried forward to help you and those like you achieve your dreams."

The rapid disembarking of the crew from the small shuttle came as no surprise.  What was a slight surprise was the actions of the force sensitive Zabrak.  No, not just force sensitive, a jedi of some form based on the light sabre.  It was an interesting strategy to take the high ground in a fight such as this.  The blaster would provide a small means of generic combat but not a great amount there of.  However he may be capable of using the force in some long range way.  But no matter, that was not his concern.  Turning to his master he bowed slightly and then gathering the force into himself he enhanced his muscles prior to making the leap to provide heightened speed and agility upon landing.  Without further preamble he leapt to the cat walk while drawing the sabre into his hand though not activating it.

Landing on the platform he took a few steps towards the Zabrak, gathering the force around himself, he didn't use it as an attack, but more used it to create a barrier.   It was tempting to strike the Zabrak in the back as he had landed intentionally behind him.  However he couldn't, his honor wouldn't allow.

"I don't mean to intrude on your belief that you have taken the high ground but I fear you have not.  I thought to strike you before you realized my presence among all the other living beings but there would be no honor in it.  If you would turn to face me I would like you to indulge my courtesy by answering a question.  Why do you use the power the cosmos has given you the way you do, why not use it to free those who cannot free themselves and to spread power and knowledge through the galaxy?"  

While waiting for a response he dropped into a Thrysian combat stance and began formulating a strategy for dealing with the Zabrak after he answered the question.  It was after all his first time dealing with a Jedi and he had to understand why they acted the way they did, hiding their power and only allowing its use if used how they directed.

Duel Between Jek Squall and Drago

The Jedi was angry, or at least appeared to be.  The blaster shots were expected if somewhat pointless.  Drago could not remember there being a mention of hostage but then again between his research and training he had lost track of all that was truly involved in the battle raging outside.  No matter, the foe before him seemed to not be inclined to speak and that was fine with him, if slightly disapointing.   

The light sabre throw was an impressive technique, and attacking the terrain itself caused him to believe his foe may be more tactical then he thought after exposing himself in the cat walk.  With his movement already having been enhanced catching up to the Jedi would pose no problem, but catching up was not the only solution.   His mind quickly calculated a course of action. Step one will simply be to propel myself forward to stable area of cat walk, followed by a small release of force no larger then a fist in 4 strategic places along the jedis body, first being the back of the right knee, followed by lower back and finally two consecutive hits to the sides of the Jedi's head to discombobulate.  If all the blows land, move forward and attempt to disarm.  Should subject remain mobile or in combat condition use heightened physical aspect to not strike the jedi but pass by and block apparent desitnation.  The plan formulated in less then a second.  His analytical mind put to good use he sprung into action.

This was going to be an interesting fight, he wondered as he lauched his series of events what the outcome would be.  However there was no time to calculate those outcomes, now there was only the foe before him and a question that needed to be answered.

Post 1

Edited by Kellanderos

The blows had landed, and to his silent relief the Jedi had toppled forward and his weapon had flown from his hand.  "I am not in the mood to kill you, if you stand down and speak with me perhaps we can make a deal."  It was foolish to attempt to speak during combat but his intellectual desire to learn made him at least attempt it.  It was only a split second before he realized what was about to happen.  He gathered a shield of force as quickly as he could but it only deflected the blow slightly.  The blast was massive, far greater then he would have thought the disoriented Jedi could have mustered.  His shield kept him from being thrown completely off the cat walk, instead he bent the railing out greatly and had to grip it strongly with one hand to keep from falling.  That may have even broken a rib or two.  Steeling his mind he decided that attacking the Jedi, while a good idea might not be the best course of action.

Step One, strike the lock by the maintenance hatch as hard as possible with a concussive blast of force to disable it, step two reorient myself and gather force into a minor barrier while building up my strength.  Step three using light sabre approach Jedi in the Echani form of combat and wound in a minor fashion, minor blow to ribs or shoulder should suffice.

The force gathered and performed his actions as expected but he was unsure how the light sabre blow would land, this Jedi was tricky and he was already impressed by their fighting spirit.  The unarmed Jedi had just reached the hatch area, there was no time to lose, hopefully this fight would end without the Jedi's death, but if necessary he could attempt to learn things from their belongings and corpse.

((Post 2))

Edited by Kellanderos

The motion of the Jedi's hand made it abundently clear he was doing something with the force, he could sence it and almost see the lines of force.  At the last momen he realized what was happening and dodged to the side as a light sabre flew by grazing his ribs and leaving a furrow in his side.  It was a clever move using a weapon that seemed lost and it had nearly killed him.  Even as the Jedi's blade cut into his flesh he twisted out of his dodge and lunged at the Jedi striking out with his sabre at the enemy before him.  Science would have to wait, getting answers from a Jedi to try to understand their beliefs would have to wait, all that mattered now was finishing this.  The Jedi's devotiong to the belief that all Sith are evil and must be destroyed made communication impossible.  

Strike three times using the echani fencing style followed by a heavy blow in the thrysian style.  If any blows are blocked follow up with a concussive blast of force to through enemy off the cat walk alive or dead.

Allowing his body to flow into his prefered fighting forms he lashed out 4 times with his light sabre and then simply released the force sheild he had been trying to maintain as blast of force indtending to toss the jedi out into empty space from the cat walk.  The fight was not going as he had hoped but the time had come to move past this Jedi and assist his master in her plans if he could.

((Post 3))

• 2 weeks later...

The Jedi died well, though if he was honest he had hoped he would not have to kill him at all.  The opportunity to speak to a Jedi, to unravel their psyche and learn why they were the way they were would have been a great boon to his research.  Sadly that option was no longer viable.  Standing over the fallen Jedi, Drago used the force to slowly probe his wound and place a moderate shield over it to prevent infection or the possible loss of blood should he somehow tear the wound open.  It was in those moments that he saw the Jedi, or he saw the image of the Jedi through the force as it stood over its own body.  Force spirits, or ghosts, were something he had read of and wondered about the validity of.  Yet here he stood.  Looking to the Spirit Drago saluted the fallen Jedi.

After paying his fallen foe due respect and watching the spirit fade from view Drago walked over to the corpse and arranged it in an appropriate position he retrieved the Jedi's light saber and searched the body for any other useful items.  After recovering what appeared to be everything of value (see Jek Character sheet) Drago returned to his masters side.  She appeared to have been wounded in the fight but was still standing.  Walking to her side he knelt before her and presented the light saber of the fallen Jedi.  "Master I have managed to defeat the Jedi Knight that had taken the high ground of the cat walk.  I am sorry that my delay resulted in you suffering injury.  If there is anything I can do to mitigate your damage or pain you have only to ask. "  Waiting for her response he quickly took int the surrounding conflict and began to formulate his potential next move.  It would be an interesting thing to test his skill against non force users.  He was curious to see the extend he could influence the biology of a non-cooperative creature.  But that would have to wait.  For now he must server his master and assure that she makes it through the conflict, even if he did not.

• 4 weeks later...

The fight had taken more out of him then thought it would, however he also realized that while his injury would not cost him his life or combat effectiveness, others might.  This presented an interesting opportunity.  He made his way to the medical bay aboard the vessel.  While using the force to hold a wound closed would not be hard, his mind was so a buzz with plans that he was occasionally losing focus.  No matter if his plan was set in motion his research would advance by leaps and bounds in a short time.  This should please his master, maybe he could even use this opportunity to make her a guardian or servant.

Upon reaching the medical bay he was not dissapointed.  The bay was full of the injured and the dieing.  While some of them were not in bad condition there were the others that would most likely live but never fight again.  At least not how they are now.  After allowing a medical tech to clean and seal his wound he began to look over the injured in the bay.  A plan began to formulate, and it was so simple he was hoping he was not over estimating the soldiers loyalty.  Looking over his options he chose his first target.  A young soldier that looked like he was going to be loosing at least two of his limbs and some of his lower intestine.

"Soldier, you have done well.  I am sorry for the loss of your limbs and the injuries you have suffered.  However I have come to offer you a chance to not only fight on but to become something greater.  Something that will protect the Sith and the order of the universe.  You will be stronger, faster, and smarter then you are now and will help us to bring about an age of true freedome and knowledge.  If you agree I will have you transfered to the medical bay on my Masters ship, there you will recieve the best care available and be made into a warrior that far surpasses your current expectations."  Leaving the soldier to mull over his words he began the process of going around to more and more soldiers.  His goal was to get at least 6 that would agree and was pleasantly surprised when more indicated interest.  It was a beautiful thing to witness, soon he would turn these broken and dieing soldiers into true warriors for the Sith.