Tython

Draj sat on the ground tweaking his grappling hook, however, he couldn't fully concentrate, the force that emanated from the temple distracted him. He knew a Jedi would arrive to be his master, and he was excited. He put down his tools and dreamed of constructing a lightsaber, every engineer's dream. It was said that one needs the force to construct a lightsaber, Draj disagreed. Draj glanced at his holo-communicator and back at his tools, all he could think about was making a lightsaber without the use of the force, it was his immediate goal. Slowly and carefully he put the grappling hook back together, imagining it was a lightsaber, finally, at least in his mind, it was assembled. He put the grapple hook back in his bag and grabbed his holo-communicator, his favorite Holonet show was about to start, and he didn't want to miss it.

Draj, watching the show, completely forgot that his soon-to-be master would arrive.

Kirlocca walked the Temple, allowing for the very unique design to be taken in, as not many locations were built within a mountain. The grandeur of the place was something to admire, as was the very strong Force flowing. And while it was beautiful to look at, that was not why he was here. It was not why any of the Jedi were here. The Jedi Master knew where he was walking, as the Force was openly leading him in the direction that he needed to go. He walked up to the quarters that housed the Jedi padawans and younglings, as they were different from those of the rank of Jedi Knight and Masters. He knocked on the door and awaited for the Jedi hopeful he had heard was looking from the datapad that belonged to the Grandmaster.

<< Jedi Hopeful, it's Master Kirlocca. >>

The holo-net show that Draj was watching was a horror show, so when he heard a knock on the door and a voice he got scared, screamed, and fell backwards. He looked at the door and looked up Master Kirlocca entering the room. Draj was surprised, he did not expect his master to be a Wookie. Draj had not spoken Shyriiwook in decades, and he had mostly forgotten it, he tried anyways. A series of growls came out of Draj's mouth, a greeting, it was just as understandable by a Wookie as it would have been for a human. Draj stood up and decided to switch to basic. Draj shoved his holo-transmitter into his bag.

"I give up, Shyriiwook is too hard. So, you are my master?"

The wind whirled and whipped the trees. Verdant green life swam underneath the ebb and flow, dodging the razor's edge and embracing the semi-cool morning air. The azure of Tython's sky opened its arms to a breadth of possibilities.

Like an arrow, Roene pierced the air, guided by the current of its chaotic mirth. The wind pushed at his robes and caught, propelling him, carrying his nimble feet, and aiding his force enhanced speed through the underbrush. He twirled past the mighty trunks of trees and narrowly avoided crashing into a number of stumps and bushes. But they helped: the wind spoke to his muscles; phantom fingers played on his tendons, helping his exertion. The trees whispered to him as he drew near. The grass accepted the soles of his feet and intercepted his procession if the need was great.

He moved as the force of nature allowed.

With a puff of air, Roene emerged on a mountainside, looking down at the Tython Jedi temple. The majesty of its structure was limited by the austere of its occupants. But Roene knew that his place was, at this moment, to leave the comfort of his hillock and return to his roots. He was a Jedi. He had to rejoin the galaxy and see what he could bring to galactic affairs. As much as he loved Tython, it was time to seek the future, whatever it would bring.

NvFYuwm.png

NPC looked in the dirty mirror that hung in the corner of his quarters. He stared at his own reflection, wondering why a droid had a mirror... or quarters. The faucet from his bath went from a stream to a slow drip signalling that there was enough oil in there for him to submerge his circuits. With a sigh he slipped into the warm liquid and relaxed.

"Is this all there is?" he thought to himself.

"Yes, because I am a droid. I am... NPC."

Clipboard05.gif

Kirlocca could only stare at the other Wookiee for a moment. He felt a sudden overwhelming need to teach him everything. After a few moments passed between as the Jedi Master stared at the other Wookiee, Kirlocca turned and took only three steps before he started to speak. His tone made it clear that the other Wookiee was to follow.

<< A Jedi life is one full of discipline. Time to watch drama's on the Holonet are about to be a thing of the past. Your life is going to change. It will be hard, and full of trials. Your skills that you have will become secondary, as the highest ranks of Jedi Masters are reserved for those who show discipline, commitment, and wisdom on when things are needed. You will have your life become one with the Order, as a Jedi is always in service to the Order... >>

Kirlocca turned a corner and began to lead the other wookiee towards the archives.

<< Tell me, what is your past? >>

Draj quickly followed Kirlocca.

"Well, I was born Kashyyyk and given the name Wrrushiwn. Then at around 55 standard years of age, the Hutt Cartel captured me and sold me into slavery, my talent for engineering were discovered by my owner about a decade later. He would give me scrap, I would make useful items from the scrap, and he would sell them for profit. Honestly, I enjoyed the job, but the food was terrible and I didn't particularly like being property, so a couple decades later I escaped. I made this grapple hook," he Draj pulled out his grapple hook from his bag, "to escape. Then I spent 5 years collecting scrap and building a ship (which is now parked in front of this temple) while hiding from the slave hunters. When the ship was finished I went to Naboo and lived for many years as an engineer. I surgically modified my vocal cords to allow me to speak basic and changed my name to Draj Matterburn. Recently, I discovered that I was force sensitive and decided to leave a better impact on the galaxy, so I came here. And then you showed up, and then I told you my life story. And then the future happened."

Kirlocca was very intent on listening, but suddenly, the story and background of his fellow Wookiee alarmed him greatly. The Jedi Master stopped in his tracks and turned slowly to face the other Wookiee face to face.

<< So you are a fugitive? Fleeing like that is not a good thing, especially for one that wishes to become a Jedi. The name of a Jedi carries a great weight. And the slave hunters and the Hutt cartel will come looking for you. As Jedi we cannot keep you from their claims, despite our dislike for their practices. That is something you will have to deal with in order to become a Jedi Knight.. >>

Draj responded.

"It's ok, the escape was like 70 years ago. My old master is probably long dead, and one slave is not worth them looking around the galaxy. Sure, back when I had escaped if a Hutt sympathizer saw me they would report me, but the Hutts would have no reason to send their men after me. By now, they have probably forgotten about my existence."

“I would not be so sure…”

Roene appeared from around a corner down the hall. His voice was hushed and he bowed his head as he approached the two wookiees. “Pardon master Kirlocca. I came to seek out work with the order again and it appears that most of them have gone. However, after a few moments of searching, I seem to have happened upon an old friend. Nice to see you again.” The Cerean smiled warmly and bowed once again.

“As to your presumption Draj. You yourself live to be hundreds of years old. Hutts can live to be centuries old as well. And if you are depending on the memory of Hutts, they hold grudges. The ancient slugs are not beings to trifle with, nor underestimate. As much as they may be detestable.” Roene commented. His demeanor was serious, but his body language was open. “You may think your grudge beneath your notice. But negative emotions can carry for lifetimes.”

NvFYuwm.png

Draj remained silent, thinking, then he answered.

"I don't mean any disrespect Master Jedi, I am sure if the Hutts knew I was a former slave and I was on a Hutt controlled planet they would capture me. However, something the Hutts love is money, sending a mercenay to capture me would cost more than what I would be worth as a slave. As for my ex-owner, he wasn't a hutt, just a human, like I said, long dead. Still, I will be cautious"

Kirlocca smiled very brightly at Roene. It was very good to see a fellow Jedi, even more especially one like a Naturalist that was key in creating the very Temple they were standing in. The Wookiee placed a paw on his shoulders before he spoke. He was gratefully that Roene felt the same way as Kirlocca. After Wrrushiwn finished saying what he needed, Kirlocca allowed for his own paws to be raised to have them settle down.

<< There will be a time for you to deal with these things. But Jedi Roene is right. For now, I think that it might be useful for the three of us to travel. I have a need for us to find a more... accessible Jedi Temple. Roene... Wrrushiwn... What locations call to you in the Force?... >>

Kirlocca already had a few ideas, but he always respected Roene and where his mind went. For his fellow Wookiee, it was more about to see how his mind operated. They would have time to impart wisdom on the travel to whichever planet was chosen. But very soon, the Jedi would be heavily active. Kirlocca was certain there would be some Jedi not agreeing with his soon to be made choices, but they would be needed to be made. For now, those decisions would be left alone until he time came. Right now, he was focused on Roene and Wrrushiwn.

Roene hesitated for a moment. The question posed to him seemed simple, but he hadn't really thought about it. To be honest, Tython called to him the strongest. But not only were they already there, he had made the decision to leave in order to expand his mind, his training and his experience; as a Jedi and as a person. He felt, although fulfilled by his life in the Sanctuary, oddly stifled.

The Naturalist reached out with his mind and tried to touch the distant stars. He let his mind flow gently with the current of the force that surrounded him. He opened himself to the stirring of the azure currents that enveloped them all and felt faint echoes. Coruscant, a nearby city planet, was crying. The pain seemed to echo through the cosmos and tinged Roene's meta-physical ears with agony. But others weren't as sure. A few known Jedi worlds called to him. But something kept him here.

He felt an inkling that kept himself rooted to the ground as if Tython were calling for him to remain. It was an odd sensation: somewhat distant, like a whisper, but completely unclear.

"Oddly enough, something calls for me to stay. I have a feeling I will be needed soon." Roene said, his voice soft. "But, as it is your will that we leave, and I would very much like to explore the galaxy, I will defer to your judgment master Kirlocca. You and your padawan."

NvFYuwm.png

Draj closed his eyes and focused, 3 images flashed through his mind.

The first, the trees of Kashyyyk, surrounded by nature. The second, the skyscrapers of Coruscant, surrounded by technology. And the final one, an underwater Gungan city, balance between technology and nature. His mind began to wander. Balance, balance, balance. Between light and dark, technology and nature, the blade and the handle of a sword, the voltage of a non-lethal knockout shock of electricity.

"Balance," Draj said softly "Corsucant, too artificial; Kashyyyk, too primitive; Naboo is the place that calls to me. A gungan city, to be prescise."

Draj opened his eyes

Kirlocca listened very intently on the two. He was very grateful for Roene just being around, as it meant there was a chance to explore the very nature of the Force. He was trained by Kitt if he remembered correctly. The Cerean was a remarkable Jedi Knight, and well on his way to becoming one of the best Jedi Masters the Order has ever seen. As Roene finished, Kirlocca placed a paw on his shoulder again to let him know that he appreciated the words. The Force would speak the rest. But as far as Wrrushiwn was concerned, his words and mind lead him to Naboo. A place that the Jedi had been, long ago. But under water with the Gungans seemed very not accessible, which is what he wanted. A very clear setup that the Wookiee was not as well traveled yet.

<< Ah, a peaceful planet. One that has long and strong ties with the Jedi Order. A selection chose that might not serve the Order the way it should. No. I think I have something in mind. Or atlas, it will serve us well for the time being. >>

Kirlocca turned and bowed to Roene.

<< You may pass along my friend, Dahar is no longer Grandmaster. I want the Order to be ready to serve the galaxy. The Council will elect a new Grandmaster. If anyone needs to speak their peace, they may find me in the Force... >>

Kirlocca turned now to Wrrushiwn and with a wave of the paw, began to lead him towards the hangar of the Tython Temple. They would use the same lift for a Jedi Shuttle to take them to a new enclave spot. It would serve well as a spot to elect a new Grandmaster, as well as to be within reach of the Imperial Remnant, which the Jedi Master felt might come much sooner rather then later.

Kirlocca lead Wrrushiwn through the Jedi Temple built within the mountain towards the hangar bay. As the two arrived, the Jedi Master moved towards the J-1 Shuttle, as there were three of them, and began to board it. He had his fellow Wookiee follow, and as Kirlocca sat in the pilot's chair, he turned towards Wrrushiwn.

<< We are going to Ossus. The capital there of Knossa will be our point of interest. There resides the Eye of Ashlanae and a Praxeum built by the Jedi Order of old. We will rebuild the Jedi Order on those grounds. It is close to Cadria, and will then serve us a good spot to serve the Galaxy. >>

Kirlocca then had the shuttle warmed and had the lift begin to lift the shuttle out of the waterfall so that the two Wookiee can reach their destination.

((You can post here, in space, or on Ossus.))

Roene sat peacefully on the stone, overlooking the large temple courtyard. His hair touched the mid-morning breeze and flew whimsically by its instruction. His pale blue eyes were closed in somber meditation. His palms rest, facing up, on the top of his crisscrossed legs. His face was set in a state of peaceful repose. His mind was open. His heart was open. And he sailed quietly on the river of the force as it wrapped around him and the temple.

He could feel other souls, floating down the river: Padawan learners, taking their first steps toward mastery of their newfound techniques; Knights, sparring and meditating at different points throughout the temple; and Masters, fewer in number, but brighter in spirit and color, walking through the halls and monitoring the daily activities. They stood and watched as the day unfolded, guarding the ebb and flow. They were the harbormasters. The Knights were the captains of their own ships, monitored lightly, but allowed to fly freely from port to port. The Padawans were dockhands. They remained predominately on the harbor, monitoring the ships. But their journey would lead them elsewhere too.

Life seemed to be the same for all: waiting to leave and leaving, only to wait again. Everything that happened - amidst the certainty - was unpredictable, and thus, was what made it all worth it in the end. Sometimes these unpredictable things would cause strife and drama, but such things would pass.

Roene thought to his family. He thought about the terrible fate that the people of his race suffered every day. And although he stood behind his – at the time – impetuous decision. He couldn’t help but feel guilty deep inside for contributing to their decline.

It was a small misgiving. But it was something that Roene used to tell himself: he wasn’t and couldn't be immune to pain. That guilt kept him grounded.

A deep breath heralded loud clapping steps that echoed down an adjacent hallway. Roene’s eyebrow perked up and he inclined his head toward the disturbance. When he opened his eyes, he was greeted by a small Togruta hopeful with a datapad.

The Cerean took the datapad with a soft smile and thanked the Togruta with a silent bow of his head. The Togruta bowed back and then scampered off, stumbling on the steps a little and then recovering before re-entering the temple’s main corridor.

Roene's eyes took a moment to adjust for the added light. When he could finally make out the message, his expression was wrought with concern.

To Kro’Roene’Givrah:

My name is Dr. Karrin Methilue. I am a Bothan doctor and scientist from Coronet city. I have an interesting problem that requires your immediate attention. I don’t know where you are, but I sent a message through a series of contacts trying to get you. Someone – a Lo’Miena’Givrah – said you were her first choice to speak with on this matter. She is here with me on Coronet city. Please come at your earliest convenience.

Dr. Methilue

Roene’s face blanched a little. But his heart didn’t know how to feel. Miena’ma, what has happened?

The Cerean was conflicted. The force told him to stay, but his family called to him. It was an interesting choice, made more complicated by the fact that he didn’t know why the force wanted him to stay. Still, he had made choices against the ideologies of his people before. And he pushed himself away from his people for far too long. He needed to see what this was. He needed to see what this was about.

Roene rose to his full height and bowed silently to the courtyard. Then he made his way to the nearest shuttle and left for Coronet city.

NvFYuwm.png

• 1 month later...

Swinging through the trees, this was her form of meditation bouncing from tree to tree- never touching the ground. How she missed Kashyyyk- those trees and the wookiees were like as second family to her. The arboreal species did not fight nature- as the humans did- but they became one with their surroundings. Their homes were built in the trees, such as Trushauns. Her hands dug into the tree bark- sometimes water or sap would release under pressure- no permanent harm would come to them. These were the best kind of surroundings for the young Fosh. She was a Forest Steward- while a Jedi- she always would put nature first. The Jedi skills came second. Many of those that had been here vacated- but that wasn't her business. While sad to see everyone leave without her- she enjoyed the solitude. Not lost- but lost inside the forest was the only solitude she could find anymore. At night she would gaze up to the skies and see her home world, reaching out to it she felt it- enjoyed it- let the feeling of it wash over her. There was plently of life on the planet- a good sign that the ecology there was thriving.

Perhaps she even pulled her energy from the planet through the cosmic distance between the two planets. Leaping tree to tree she fell back into her own sort of meditation- it was very different from the typical Jedi mantras- and that was okay. A long time ago she did realize she would never quite fit in with the rest of the people of the galaxy. So here she was- watching over the temple and the people of Tython. Nothing was expected- but it didn't hurt to keep a watchful eye on things. It was a self appointed office, but no one seemed to mind. At least those people who she talked to. Which there were none. It was a 'Little Column A, Little Column B' kind of deals. No one would disagree- if you never spoke to any one.

But she did speak to the animals that were part of the ecosystems, and they enjoyed her company. For now she would swing life away- from vine to vine, tree to tree. There was something that called to her- and she did want to figure that out...

Time to time she felt aware of her eyes drifting to those numbers burned into her skin, then quickly averted her eyes.

Trushauncopy3.png

After a few days of travel through the forest Trushaun stopped at the edge of a clearing. Standing atop her perch on a impossibly too thin branch to support her own weight- her eyes surveyed the scene. At the edge of the forest here there was the start of a prairie. Why? She wondered why the forest just stopped. Such a hard edge on the terrain usually meant that something excessive was done here- there was no sign of disturbance though- and no chemical change in the soil that she could detect. What was it? The Force fluctuated here- but it was still the light side. After spending a day at the edge, she gave into her curiosity- she stepped foot into the grass.

The wind flowed over the meter tall grass in gentle waves- and nothing else moved. Taking that as a sign to take another step, she soon found herself further into the grasses. Something was unsettling about it- was this the way it had always been?

Letting her hand dangle through the grass- blades wove into her hand and through her fingers. Turning her head over her shoulder- she saw that the forest was much further back than what she had anticipated. Only a few minutes into the walk and it seemed as though the forest was a mile away. Her hand moved unconsciously to the lightsaber- and the familiar weight was still there. As well as her bag- she held containers of seeds and other naturalist paraphernalia- droppers- a scanner- and even a datapad. She decided to venture forth, the Force called to her in both directions- back to a familiar path or to the perplexing mystery. What was out here?

She would spend the next few days venturing out along the grasslands, occasionally getting her position on the real-time maps provided by the datapad. Finding water and food where she could, this bit was easy, being a naturalist, she knew how to conjure the necessities of life- food and water. What ever was calling to her- she was drawing closer and closer.

Trushauncopy3.png

After a week of walking through this prarie- Trushaun found what she was looking for- what was calling to her. Out here in the middle of- She looked around in all directions- nowhere. Nothing but grass and rolling hills were in sight. This gorge beckoned for her to venture closer- down and into the depths. An inhale, the cold air rising with a distinct cave-like smell. Crossing her legs, she fell into a meditative stance, trying to feel everything around here and what the Force wanted her to do.

Trushauncopy3.png

• 2 weeks later...

All she could feel was the rush of air against her face- the upward draft of the air from further down the crevasse, and the Force telling her where to leap to next. Trusting in the Force- she felt her fingers hit the rock- with a slight exasperation with the impact she took a moment to realize the insanity of the situation. She was blindly- save for the Force- jumping down into some unknown destination. Collecting her breath- she felt it- although could only describe it as a 'This is the last jump, be ready.' moment. Making sure her bag was secure- she grasped it in one hand- reached over into the empty space behind her- and let it fall from her hands. With a last breath- she pushed off and let herself fall down through the darkness. Folding her arms and making herself as small as possible she fell like a needle.

Unsure of how long this was taking, or was even going to take- she trusted the Force and with a exhale/inhale she landed in what had to be a underground pool. Her body shot down through the water- the surface pierced by her body positioning. Whatever was calling to her was nearby- after a moment of downward motion- she let herself be and felt her body rise back to the surface.

Trushauncopy3.png

• 2 months later...

Trushaun inhaled the musty air, and kept her arms even as she kept her head above water. The sound of the ripples hitting the edge of a hard surface echoed in what seemed like a giant cave. Who knows when the last person was here? If anyone had ever been down here? Letting her vision refocus- some was glowing that produced the light refracting off some solid surface. Nothing else was visable- she didn’t even sense anything except the pressure on her brain. Slowly, she reached her arm out and paddled her way forward, her robes slopping and smacking against the water- and the sound echoed against the walls again.

A few minutes later, she reached the shore. It was like a stoned beach, maybe something did live down here to smooth out this landing. The rock was rough to her cold fingers and she guessed some sliced through her skin. Pulling herself up and out of the water- she felt nothing in the Force around her, looking around- her hands found the duffle bag and found the small heater/camp stove she had packed before coming down. Mentally she ran through some Jedi Healing techniques for her hands and her head. The impeding hypothermia was next on the ‘take care of’ list. Letting her body heat up a bit with other Jedi Techniques she’d uncovered in her naturalist studies. Sitting down next to the heat source, she shivered once- then forced her body to stop and use the Force to warm her and her robes. The moisture resistant material was all well and good, but it wasn’t waterproof. The clothing would dry off soon, and she would be about her studies of the cavern. It didn’t hurt to be too eager she guessed and ignited her lightsaber.

Guiding it out of her hands and into the air- the green light seemed to be gobbled up by the darkness. Moving it around cautiously though the air seemed a great way to see what came first- the limits of her control with the saber distance-wise, or the physical limits of the cavern wall. After measured extension of her control- she never found the opposite sides of the cavern. Seems as though where she dropped in from above, that was the closest wall or ceiling. The rock here was mostly the same color- not a black as obsidian, but also not tan like sandstone- a igneous rock with an unfamiliar pattern etched into its walls. Well, at least she assumed because the wall she could see was etched with symbols and some ancient writing in a language that she couldn’t make sense of. It did not seem familiar or even close to anything she knew. As warmed up- she had time to reflect on the writing. Meditating, after she collected her lightsaber, she searched her memory looking for what was entirely alien, but also seemed a tad familiar.

The Force spoke to her in ways she didn’t think possible- it broke barriers she held, and washed over her senses. It was several hours before she took a break- and out of panic at the sense of being ‘flooded’ she made sure the water level hadn’t changed. It hadn’t, setting an alert if the water shifted, like a mental note to check on- she fell back into the Force. Something was here that was calling to her.

“You need to let go.” A masculine Fosh voice spoke- in the native tongue of her own people.

She thought she looked around, confused- her headdress of feathers swishing the wind as it was cut through. Puzzled, she didn’t see anyone.

“I said, you need to let go.” The voice came again.

Slowly, cautiously, Trushaun rose to her feet and felt the lightsabers weight against her thigh. “Who speaks?” She called out in the darkness, also in the Fosh Language.

“You know your roots, young bird, but you must let the chain fall away when you fly.”

“No chain holds my leg, to what of you speak of?”

“Leave the inner core, my daughter, cut the chain and extend yourself. Quit watching over us.”

A tear in her eyes- her father. Somehow her father was here, speaking to her. The cavern was inexplicable illuminated fully now. She saw how big it really was, but her focus was on the other Fosh in front of her. Her father. Her father she missed him so much, she missed her people. She longed for the trees and the Fosh language tickling her ear. Running through the trees with her cousins.

“Like that.” he said, as if he was inside her mind.

“But…”

“No, no more excuses. You saved us- you saved the trees- you must help the others now. Trust me in my protection of Fosh. Nothing will happen, you know this. Staying here on Tython to look at Fosh every night is not productive or beneficial. You are suffering because of it. You have tasks to finish. Move on.”

With a sob she collected herself and kept her eyes focused on her father. His old wrinkled body wandered from the solid rock towards the beach area. “If I let you go, I have nothing.”

“You will have us in your heart. We will be with you always, but you need to leave here. There is a bigger picture here, the galaxy, my dear. You got distracted, but now the distraction is gone- go with it. Move along. You know what is to be done.”

“I was called here though, why?” Trushaun extended her claw out to the surrounding area.

“I wished to speak with you- this is just the first time you will be in this cavern. When you come back, you will have reached an understanding. You will have accepted the balance between your connections, and your duty. The light and dark, the good and evil. You have an unfinished task- be about it, my daughter. Until then, I think I will go for a swim.”

The elderly Fosh glanced back and winked at his daughter- then with a quick spurt of speed he disappeared into the water. An afterthought, she realized there was no splash nor movement from the water. That solidified her thought that it was a vision. Trusting in the Force, she now knew she had to complete something- but what?

It was several hours before she managed to find her way back to the surface, the way was illuminated by the glowing plants she did a cursory inspection of. Some sort of chemical reaction she deduced. Inexplicably, it lit the entire route back to the surface- and within a day’s walk of the Temple, she saw.

There was a look of determination in her eyes that spurred action. Marching to the temple, she gathered the rest of her things and equipment- various plants and specimens, and fit them in her bag. On her way out- she did make sure to acquire some spare parts for a lightsaber- or a repair of a lightsaber. There was a significant amount of time from seeing her Father- to returning to the temple, so she had time to think, and solidify what she thought her father told her to do.

With a final glance to the sky- lingering for only a moment outside a ships hatch- she sighed as her eyes fell upon Fosh- or where it would be, had there been a clear night sky to see it shining through. Clutching the side of the doorway, she sighed and stepped inside. Opening herself to the Force, she had realized what she had to do. Punching in the coordinates out of the system, she made sure to cover her tracks leading away from the Jedi home, and back into the galaxy. She would see the wroshyr trees soon. Allowing herself to feel just a hint of excitement, she hit the hyperspace lever and the stars turned into lines- and then into the blue modeling of hyperspace.

(OOC:

)
Trushauncopy3.png

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

"Finished your meditations, have you Ranger?" The spirit spoke as Kari entered the Temple's central chamber, the ruins of Akar Kesh long overgrown by foliage and flora as the sands of time turned the Galaxy forever forward. Kari stood before the spirit, sweat beading down her body, as she smiled and took a drink of water. "You know me, old one. Ever vigilant in my studies." Sitting down, Kari tossed the towel around her neck, her breathing excessive and deep, her body near exhaustion. "I'll never understand the youth of today and their desires for covering their form in ink.." Spoke a second spirit. "In my day, only those who followed the path of Bogan did such a thing." Kari chuckled, turning to gaze upon the nearly healed tattoos that littered her upper form. "Seems only fitting that I pay homage toward the beings that saved my sanity after Lusef." She mustered out, taking a deep breath and pulling upon the Force to calm her exhausted form, unaware of the two Spirits of Bendu gazing upon one another at the mention of her former Master.

*************************************************************************************************************

When Kari first arrived upon Tython years ago to meet with the Jedi Dashel, her mind and body had lost it's balance, the Togruta torn asunder by the revelation and betrayal of her Master, Lusef Aryan. Unaware of the lingering catastrophy that was her mental breakdown and near destruction of the Jedi Temple at Gala, Kari once again unwillingly collapsed, causing her ship to crash and her memory lost. For months Kari wondered the continents of Tython, lost and alone, unaware of who she was or what she was, until she managed to come across an ancient temple known as Padawan Kesh.

It was here that she first met the spirit known as Master Tog, a Devaronian Je'daii Master whom felt her soul's call for help and took pity on the lost Togruta and wished to help aid her healing. So he did, by manifesting himself and beginning her training as a Je'daii, hoping that her connection with the Force would revive her broken soul. It was he who taught her the mediation art of Alchaka, hoping that through it, it would reawaken her memories and her connection to what she had lost.

Months would pass as he trained her in the ways of the Je'daii, until finally came the day that her memories returned, as did the rift within her soul. Knowing that her soul needed balance, Master Tog sat her down, explaining that in order to recover and heal from the acts done upon her, she would need to take the Great Journey and bestowed upon her the Je'daii rank of Journeyer. Resistant at first, Kari wanted to remain. But Tog told her that she could not do so, that she would only get worse as time passed now that she remembered. And so Kari set forth on her journey, one that would take nearly five years to complete.

Following the map that Master Tog had given her, she would first travel to Mahara Kesh, a place she needed to visit the most. It was a perilous journey for Kari, but with the aid of what Lusef had taught her and her own tenacity, she managed to make it there. It was here that she learned to quiet her mind in deep meditation as Master Tog had instructed, opening herself up to feel the echoes of those whom once roamed this temple and find its peacefulness within herself. After a few months, Kari left the temple, her mind no longer a maelstrom of thoughts and memories, rather an inner peace finding its place.

As the following months came and went, her visiting the Temples of Qigong Kesh, Stav Kesh, and Anil Kesh, Kari slowly began to return to the normal girl she once was. She felt free, open, and content. No longer did thoughts of Lusef, Tori, or the Jedi Order plague her. She was at peace, finally, for once in her life, and learning all that the temples wished to enpart upon her. She actually looked forward to each passing day as she meditated and felt the Force flow across Tython's landscape. By now, three years had passed, and as her journey continued toward Bodhi and Kaleth, she dreaded the end of her studies.

As the next two years came and went, Kari enjoyed her travels. Bodhi actually provided new clothes for her growing form, including a indigo trenchcoat with elegant patterns adorning it. And while Kaleth was no more than ruins, Kari did manage to meet another Je'daii Master, Master Zhar, a Zuguruk Tsis, whom reached out to her at Master Tog's behest and guide her toward the Vur Tepe, imparting the final lessons she needed to find balance within herself as he accompanied her.

It was at Vur Tepe that the final test was given. If she was to attain true balance, she would need to face her darkness and accept it. And so Master Zhar would grasp her mind and force her to relive the betrayals of her past and fall once more. Nearly on the verge of another breakdown, Kari shook in fear of losing herself again, causing her rage to consume her, and in doing so, fell too far to the Dark. She would spend the next three months in Exile upon Tython's moon, Ashla, order to meditate and find why she fell.

It was here that Kari really excelled in her recovery, sitting alone upon the bright moon, and refocusing herself after her failure, words Master Zhar spoke before her exile carrying weight upon her thoughts. "There is peace and chaos in both Ashla and Bogan. Stray too far toward one side or the other, and delusions take place of the truth. And that truth is both exist in us all, no more a hindrance than an aid. Only in true balance, will your soul find peace." And it was what caused Kari to finally accept that despite all the betrayal and use that had been done to her over the years, she held just as much a part in it than they did, believing herself to be righteous even over their own. No, in balance, she found that they were equal in mind and body, acting upon the nature of their souls.

Once she figured this truth, she returned to Tython, and to Master Tog as well as Master Zhar whom now resided in Akar Kesh and marked the end of her journey. Tranquil and at peace, Kari has lived the last few months of her life here with the two Spirits, honing her skills and meditating upon Bendu, the lesson of Balance. But as all things, her time here was coming to a close.

************************************************************************************************************

"About your former Master, young one..." Master Zhar spoke with hesitation and could not finish, causing Master Tog to do so. "His nature has completely consumed him and he has returned to the Core Worlds, Coruscant specifically. He means to destroy it. This causes Kari to look up at the two with a serious gaze. " So the beast has returned?" She questioned, her gaze unwavering. "Yes. The follower of Bogan once again runs rampant and this time the consequences are dire upon the Galactic scale. If he succeeds, chaos and darkness will forever taint the Galaxy without any hope of recovery. Master Zhar speaks, his tone elevating the catastrophic outcome of it, a saddened look upon his transparent face, Master Tog interupting. "We need you to leave Tython, Ranger Kari, and aid those that fight him, hopefully providing a means to stop him once and for all time. Lest Balance be forever unhinged"

Grabbing her gear, Kari departs, her words lingering as she disappears into the darkness of Tython's night filled jungle. "I understand." Soon after, the engines of the Night Owl light up and streak across the sky, heading first into open space, and then disappear behind the blinding light of hyperspace, her destination foretold.

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png