Iridonia

Frond nodded in affirmation to the Jedi’s query concerning the abilities of his sect, but before he could excitedly launch into a discussion, the male continued, questioning if he had ever travelled Beyond the Veil? Frond had in his five thousand plus years of living travelled a great many places both physically and mentally as an exercise in spirituality and empowerment of The Force; but in all that time he was not sure he had visited anywhere known as ‘The Veil’ nor what was beyond it. It was little matter to him though, this Jedi was surely as misguided as most others. The Jedi did speak of mind walking. Did he mean travelling Beyond Shadows?

As his fellows began to enjoy their nourishment in a way only fauna could, Frond responded, his voice slow and questioning. ”Beyond The Veil, mean you do Beyond Shadows? Travelled you have there?” His excitement at finding another who might know the truths as he did was palpable in The Force, even if his alien physicality did little to betray it.

~~~

Taking a drink to take a moment to boil down what Frond had said was about the best option Tobias could go for. The aliens speech was decipherable, but his structure was hard to decipher on the fly. “Indeed I do and have, Apprentice. I lived- or as close as one could be within the Force- within the veil for a good amount of time. I can sense the lingering effects of walking Beyond Shadows- or whatever you call it- tied to you. What do you see when you venture into that realm? Where do you go?”

Keeping his eyes locked on the tree, but also keeping a wary sense of the cantina patrons and their attitudes. Discreetly, Tobias made the cantina darker and quieter. The patrons would now feel less likely to even wonder what was going on in the booth- let alone who was in there. One rocket or grenade could kill five Jedi… not a bad risk to take if there was still a bounty on them. But substantial enough since the bad guys out there…

~~~

Frond paused for a moment as he took in the young Jedi Master’s words. What he said deserved fleshing out. Glancing from Kel to Kota, however, he knew that a full-fledged discussion on the realm that he called home was more likely than not to elicit confusion and concern from the other Jedi at the table. Such was the way of many who were new to the truth. With a warm smile cracking across his face he lowered his head, leaning forward so even the others at the table might strain to hear him clearly as he looked across the table at the Jedi Master who seemed to know something more of the truth, yet chose to still wander the galaxy, ”Truth see I, future. Shadows of illusions beyond mere physicality this.

Pausing, the Neti pondered if he should continue before slowly adding with a hiss, ”Balance returned The Force be must.” carefully indicating the very reason he had become a Jedi without revealing the images he had seen so recently concerning the fate of the galaxy and the destruction of the Jedi Temple at the hand of unknown dark side wielders.

With a slight creak and a smile still across his face, he leaned back, carefully and obviously giving Kota a once over from waist to head as he was visible at the table. ”Jedi hallmark not is it of every? Lightsaber has not apprentice yours.” The shift in conversation was plain. As much as Frond would have loved to keep speaking about Beyond Shadows and even desired to journey there again with his newfound master and fellow apprentice, now was neither the time nor the place. Journey perhaps we Ilum to as he consoled himself as he directed the discussion towards the twinge he had earlier felt at the table regarding the Jedi’s fabled weapon of choice.

~~~

Picking up a different glass of liquid- Tobias let the conversation glide by. There was much even he didn’t understand about The Veil, or the Realm- Tobias shook his head as if that would settle the matter down in his mind. While it did help, it wasn’t all the way that the matter was settled. Looking over the tree, then over the Kel Dor, and the other two- Tobias was impressed. Each of these three had the capabilities to become remarkable young Jedi Knights.

Setting the drink down, his right hand tracked up to his chin where he scratched at the scruff growing there. Although he was yearning for some action- he also knew that he had seen too much action in the recent weeks. His mind flashed to a particular scene- and his hand made a straight line right back for the drink he just sat down. The images were quickly washed away by the fire in his throat caused by the exotic beverage.

Now it was time to address Frond’s question.. Or observation.. He may have missed an indicator on which way the sentence went. Kota would need a weapon, that was a certainty. “Indeed he does not have a weapon, but only because we have just met one another and I haven’t even given him a proper induction to the Jedi Order. To be perfectly honest, I did not know where to start with young Kota- hadn’t had time to even start to think about it until you three showed up. But maybe we will travel to Ilum, but only if your master permits young Kota and myself to tag along.” Vos elbowed Sandy gently and gave her a wink. He wanted to teach the apprentices while he was senior in rank- you can’t inject yourself into another mission or task on a whim- you must be welcomed along. Same went for other situations such as politics, trading agreements, or issues with planetary government dealings. Basic respect for one another in the Jedi Order would lead to respecting those who had dealings with the Jedi and that would ripple out. Hopefully they would take notice over time. It was a mistake he made early on, and still endeavored to correct when possible.

~~~

Frond’s smile did not fade as he slowly nodded, understanding Tobias’ request. Still, there was something going on between the young red-skinned being beside him and his obvious attention that was being paid to his master. Fauna...always thinking without their minds

Still...

Frond figured perhaps he could kill two birds with one stone. After all, they were going to build sabers were they not? And did not Sandy insist that he and Kel train with practice sabers first for safety reasons?

Slipping his newly acquired local brightly colored silk off his waist, with his two-handed battered and worn training saber hilt that housed the duck blue blade, he gently placed it on the equally worn table in front of Kota amongst the piles of ordered food and drink. ”you this for is. One getting will new be I.” He offered, willingness to assist another sojourner emanating from his every wooden pore. ”ways people my of perhaps someday teach can you I.”

Co-written with Tobias Vos

XQ19Jfm.png

Kota seemed to be caught even more off guard by the line of questions that came his way. He looked for a second between the Kel Dor named Kel Koon, Tobias, the tree looking thing called Frond, and Sandy. He wasn't sure if his own truthful answer would be enough for what she was looking for. He knew that Tobias wanted to truth from him, as he made it very clear from early on-he expected it. Since it looked as if his own answer wasn't going to be heard by Tobias and Frond, as the two seemed distant suddenly, Kota instead choose to focus upon Sandy and the Kel Dor.

"Truthfully... the allure of being able to save what I hold dear. Only a six weeks ago did I smuggle myself and my sister off Shili. My village was being sold into slavery, so I did my best to protect her as our parents gave us a chance to escape. We landed on Taris, to which after a horrible two weeks of trying to survive, my sister was captured by slavers and I was forced to run. I spent some time Coruscant, but my time on Taris marked me by the officials, which lead for me to get into further trouble. I finally came here to escape. That's when I ran into Tobias Vos, who offered to train me how to save whatever I hold dear. "

Kota hoped that his bluntness and his own marked by the law wouldn't keep Sandy from not liking him. For some reason, it was very important to him that she did in fact like him.

0iyHrmQ.png

“Well why don’t we all just go together and make it easy? That way I don’t have to go buy a ratty old ship, everyone can get crystals and have a blast together!”

She smiled back at Kota as he explained his history, when he had finished she reached forwards and grasped his red hand with her own scarred and pale hand. The freckles showing in the harsh backlighting of the cantina.

“You are very brave to have escaped slavery and made it this far Kota. And when the time comes I hope you can count on me to help rescue your sister. No one should live in slavery or withstand their torment. You will make a brave Jedi Knight and I look forward to seeing you knighted by the Council.”

She grinned. He was definitely an attractive specimen and she could feel a flush heat her face before she withdrew her hand to grasp her water which she downed nervously. After they had eaten and conversed further she looked at her chrono and to the rest of the group, then to her old master.

“When should we head to Ilum?”

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

As Vos was about to reply to Kel, he caught Sandy’s words to young Kota. The response to Frond would also have to wait. Examining the table, Tobias called the remaining liquor glasses to himself and downed them one at a time.

As he took a moment to compose himself after the fire burning in his throat, he motioned for them to get going. Why waste any time? Piling out, Vos let his force aura show admiration, pride, and respect for his former apprentice. As well as a touch of confidence for Kota, reaffirming his choice as his apprentice.

Paying the bill with a few chips, and the group departed the cantina with no incident.

Vos gripped his cane in his right hand, and leaned hard into it. He was slightly more intoxicated than usual, so he wrapped an arm around Sandy as they walked. He walked with a limp from an injury- enhanced by the liquor. There was no need to explain the liquor.

“Since your knighthood, Adenna and I have been been on Nar Shaddaa, helping the imperials coordinate an attack against the black sun and sith who had captured and enslaved kashyyyk shortly after kirloccas funeral. Then to Taris.” Tobias sighed heavily, recalling the nightmare, “Sarah, DuVos, and Dahar have passed on. It... “ the sentence was broken off as he stumbled and burped a bit.

This won’t do. He thought- reluctantly he called upon the force and the techniques to treat toxins within the body. His legs became more steady. But his whole left side aches with battle wounds on the cusp of healing. “What have you been up to, Knight Sarna?” Vos snorted, amused. “I’m trying but you’ll always be Sandy to me.” He ruffled her hair- he was beaming with delight with her company. Jedi weren’t supposed to hold attachments- but he couldn’t help it.

(Crappy cell phone post.)

• 3 years later...

The Supremacy made a very graceful landing in the spaceport of Malidris. Zalis walked down the landing ramp to be greeted by three city officials accompanied by eight security guards. The guards were all dressed in black and gold uniforms, while the city officials, two males and one female, were dressed in an assortment of other colors and clothes that made Zalis’ own black dress blend more in with the security. As she approached them, she gave a slight bow. “Welcome to Malidris Lady Krales. We have been eagerly awaiting a chance to set up Czerka shops here for sometime. We are very grateful for your arrival.” The female Zabrak was the one who spoke. 

She offered up a small smile as she stepped forward. “The eight Rihkxyrk fighters you custom ordered are on a transport ship awaiting delivery instructions.” She offered up a smug smile for a moment. "Your spaceports have long since been within our eyes at Czerka Corporation. To have the opportunity to share with you in the rewards of growing your great cities all over Iridonia is a dream I wouldn't dare pass up." Offering up a smile of her own, the female Zabrak spoke with a hint of insider knowledge. "My Name is Mamoi. I have Pena and Aodruu with me. We were hoping you could do us a favor in your adventures." Zalis kept her smile, but she knew that the request was most likely one she would absolutely not enjoy. "I am of course happy to do anything to help bolster our relationship." "Yarrock. 10,000 kilos of it stored on crates that we need delivered to an old friend of us both."

Zalis took a moment and looked back The Supremacy. It would be a tight fit, even more so depending upon where this old friend of both would be located. Even more so depending upon the friend. Her head titled back towards Mamoi, a little bit weary. She had never met the Zabraks before, so this mutual friend was one highly connected to the old school Black Sun, of which her name within the Black Markets and other illegal activities of the galaxy would always be associated with. Granted, she was still the head of the organization, so she didn't mind. Expect for this case. She almost never trusted many that were still tied to the old ways. Carefully, she chose her words, accepting the deal without saying it. "Who is this friend..." Mamoi smile grew even bigger. With a wave of her hand, she signaled for the crew to load the Yarrock on the ship. "Calmin Ayion..."

Zalis2.png