Lehon - Jedi Temple

Kakuto Ryu

Jaren greeted the two who introduced themselves. As the girl chatted cheerfully, Jaren smiled at her. "Everyone has the potential to learn, Halo. Your story sounds very similiar to that of Grandmaster Trevelian. So you see that no matter what your history, you can accomplish great things as a Jedi."

There was no one else in the room, although Jaren had been told that there were other hopefuls onsite at the moment. But they had to follow their own paths, so Jaren turned his full attention to the two in front of him.

"Well, I suppose we should start. What is the Force? How would you define it?" He deliberately kept the atmosphere relaxed. Hopefully these two wouldn't be afraid to share their thoughts.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

After Halo had introduced herself, Jaren spoke up. "Everyone has the potential to learn, Halo. Your story sounds very similiar to that of Grandmaster Trevelian. So you see that no matter what your history, you can accomplish great things as a Jedi. Well, I suppose we should start. What is the Force? How would you define it?"

Ads barely had to think before he responded, "The Force...it's an energy field that pervades all life and gives us strength and the ability to do amazing things."

V4yWwXl.png

Generally, hitting someone in the head with your weapon kills them regardless of whether they're wearing a life-sustaining mask. I'm pretty sure this is general combat strategy whether your target is Darth Vader or some thug on the street.

Lamb simply nodded her head in agreement with what both Knight Jaren and Ads said in response to her story. After Ads gave his answer concerning the question at hand, Lamb spoke up.

“What is the Force? How would I define it?" she said. Her mind scanned some of the data she’d read in the past on the subject of the Force. “The Force is a metaphysical, binding, and ubiquitous power that flows through every living thing. Its power can be harnessed by beings that are highly attuned with to flow of the Force….”

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

unless you're married you're never "stuck". Now, if you're married you can get divorced but,my friends, it's cheaper to keep her.

Jaren nodded. "Your answers are technically correct. The Force is an energy field that binds the galaxy together. We are among those colloquially called Force-sensitive. This means that we can access and harness the power of the Force to a certain degree."

He folded his hands, resting his elbows on his knees. "What has been your experience with the Force so far? How did you discover your aptitude for it? Has it been something that you've been able to consciously use, or has it been more of an instinct?"

FDY9u6P.png

(Sorry I'm late)

She had cocooned herself within the Force that so innately pervaded Lehon. She had always been able to see it, feel it, and she had always been able to arrest her vision so that she knew, in a way, what it was like to be without the Force. But she had never before lain awake for an entire night, and stretched out her other senses, and chosen not to arrest her vision so as to sleep; and then to feel more refreshed than she had felt the day before, though she had not slept for one moment. She did not know such a thing was possible. Perhaps it was not such a big deal. Perhaps it was only the enormity of her elation at being so thoroughly surrounded by this vividly brilliant light.

Of course, this quality of awe also made her late for, what would she call it?, class. She rose from the bed of her elected room with a swift and graceful fervor to her step, the delicately silken skin that so ably hid the iron of her musculature fairly shining under the room's lights in a way that her "eyes" would never be able to see. But in the mirror near the closet she could see the light she gave off, and it was shimmering wildly. She chose from the closet what robes were offered, which were slim and fit close to her body, slipped her vest on over these because it gave her comfort, and chose a cloak she liked the feel of between her fingers. She had never liked robes. She would wear this, instead. It was long, the hood was deep, and when she moved it did not hinder her at all. She tested this phenomenon with more difficult maneuvers around the room; leaping, landing with balance on a bedpost, diving and following through a roll. A few jabs with her hands, a few quick little flurries with her feet, and none of the movements were impeded by these new accessories. Good.

Now that her attention was focused on the practical, she realized she was late. And so with a quick pace but a relaxed air she made her way to the appropriate classroom, and took a seat silently, without fuss, and without disturbing the ongoing conversation. Jaren was just asking them all about their experience with the Force, but considering her tardiness, she elected to listen to the experiences of the others gathered before answering it herself.

nishant2.jpg

While in the temple, things were spaced and quiet. It allowed the recently returned Jedi to explore and see what had occurred since his departure from the Order.

It had gone through much. The final battle, the formation of the new CoreSec, even the loss of many Jedi that he had once knew. Things had changed greatly and now with his arrival it seemed it was going to change again.

In his time at the temple Damon also began work on his staff again. It took time, but after 3 days of mediation and crafting he had finished a replacement for himself. It featured the runes of power that granted it the ability to hold the needed energy to fuel the techniques of exorcism. With in the two piece staff also hid the two white lightsaber blades. It was ready and would be put to use for the first venture that would herald the new dawn that was on the horizon.

Gathering his needed materials the grand Exorcist boarded a ship for his prior home.

It was during the boarding that the call for his attendance was received.

with a shake of his head the white Jedi left Lehon.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Balanced on a cliff face as it stood against the brilliant blue of the ocean, a Cerean meditated. His hair had grown long in the weeks spent in solitude and sunk low to frame a weathered face. The wrinkles, scars and calluses could tell tales that would last longer than the man's mouth could articulate and would posit his age as more than it truly was. His face was solemn, but focused. The pale blue of his eyes felt the will of the ocean as it crested upon the rock before him, carving through the harsh stone and crashing back down to the shore. His body was still. His legs were crossed one over the other and his back was held to the contours of stone behind him. Roene held peace in the solidarity of form and balance in the energy that sang in the air above him.

The events that transpired on Coruscant shamed the Cerean, leading him to meditate. He fled the site of Jedi atrocity and sought refuge in a natural setting; a setting that would bring him peace; a setting so far from the hands of darkness, that he would find suitable refuge.

\\ Vengeance is not the Jedi way. We seek that which is difficult to find and the weakness of impatience takes hold of those who would take fate into their own hands. The rise and fall of human kind is based upon their need for convenience. They would take to war if it meant an easy solution to a difficult problem and that is their misfortune; their blindness \\

Roene’s eyes pooled in the contours of the ocean as his words cascaded through the caverns of his mind in similar patterns. The force billowed through him upon the strings of each cascading stream of consciousness and flowed freely in the vessel of Roene’s body. He existed in the force. Not as a player, but more as a servant to its call. He served the force as much as it served him; a symbiotic relationship that pulled in equal measure. It was through this balance that one could find harmony in the force; the balance in themselves.

Darkness was messier. It was built upon the precipice of a one sided relationship. It pulled the force to form its will and as such fed upon itself as much as it fed on the force. It was a self-destructive practice that often resulted in madness. Sure, there was more power to be wrought from raking against the coals and harnessing the fire to suit one’s needs, but it often meant that the fire would burn out quicker. Impatience, rage and vengeance often led to an aggressive consumption of will and force alike, combusting together in a chaotic display of rabid consciousness. It was Roene thought, a corrupt practice.

However, the will of Jedi can never influence the will of Sith. Roene knew this. To do so would be to transcribe a pattern on the waves of the ocean. The fury of nature was diverse in its movement and like the Sith, could not be controlled. It was an exercise in futility that the Jedi hoped to strike at the Sith temple. They hoped to avenge their fallen, but in the end, they only succeeded in prodding the cold chill of death. Such a thing was counter intuitive and a smarter plan would have been to bolster their ranks against a future assault. Jedi were defenders, not aggressors. They were peacekeepers, not judges. They were guardians, not arbiters.

Like the Sith, their inclinations were to destroy. He could only hope to guide portions of the ocean and live amongst the chaos; to make peace with what he could and to live within a world of darkness. It wasn’t a preferable solution, but Roene wasn’t wholly a subjective man. He could and would suffer many idealists in order to push toward a brighter future for the Jedi. And if he couldn’t.; if Roene could find nothing of the past in the Jedi of today, he would find somewhere else to go.

NvFYuwm.png

Jaren relaxed and asked the hopefuls, "What has been your experience with the Force so far? How did you discover your aptitude for it? Has it been something that you've been able to consciously use, or has it been more of an instinct?"

Ads waited a few moments, he wanted to give the others a chance to reply first. When neither did, he spoke up. "Well, I have received some training a few times, actually," he answered. "So I am, in fact, able to use some basic force abilities. I can run faster, jump higher, manipulate objects. Stuff like that. Well, I guess I'm not as good with the force as I am with my hands. At moving things that is. Well, at anything, really. But I can't do much of anything else. My masters have had a proclivity for...stopping. They just become catatonic and no longer reply. For all I know, one of my old masters has been standing in the same spot on Chandrilla for years..."

V4yWwXl.png

Generally, hitting someone in the head with your weapon kills them regardless of whether they're wearing a life-sustaining mask. I'm pretty sure this is general combat strategy whether your target is Darth Vader or some thug on the street.

After Knight Jaren proposed the question, Ads responded. Lamb didn’t mind one bit, as it gave her more time to think of a good response. The blonde girl thought of her time on Coruscant’s Undercity yet again. A short smile came across her face as she remembered what she’d done to one of her friends- stealing a race by propelling her body through the Force. Haloburner even back then remembers vividly manipulating objects off her plate during recess at school and such.

Brushing the aforementioned thoughts aside, the blonde finally uttered: “unlike Ads, I am yet to receive a formal training, but I’ve read several aspects of the Force that I have put into practice. I can manipulate small objects, and even read-“ she paused to change her response, as she was not certain Knight Jaren will approve of her admitting to reading intruder’s minds. Halo was not very proficient in said skill, but (through the Force) she can gather enough to know the thoughts of others.

Continuing Lamb added “…oh and on several occasions, I used the Force to give me a little edge- during races….I think that’s about it.” Lamb finally stopped talking not knowing how the Knight will respond to her answer. She gently tucked her hands inside her side robe pockets and turned her gaze to the color scheme on the walls….

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

unless you're married you're never "stuck". Now, if you're married you can get divorced but,my friends, it's cheaper to keep her.

Jaren was interested to know that Ads had received some training already. Fejj and the new girl who had just arrived hadn't responded to the question--why, Jaren didn't know--but Halo did speak up. It was amusing to him that she broke off suddenly, even though Jaren could see what she was going to say clearly in her mind.

He rose to his feet. "Very well. I have a simple task to set you with." He walked over and grabbed several small rubber balls from a bin on the wall, then returned to his seated position at the front of the room. "Halo, Fejj, and Sigrid," he said, drawing the names of the two who hadn't introduced themselves from the Force with a knowing smile, "I want you to each take one of these balls and use the Force to lift it into the air." He demonstrated. "Immerse yourself into the Force. Believe, and you will do it."

He set a ball before each of them, then turned to Ads. "Ads," he said quietly, as to not interrupt the others as they began on their task, "I'm going to put you through some tests to see how developed your skills are. Just bear with me." He handed the young man four rubber balls. "Begin by rotating these balls around you, sending each one in a different direction." Perhaps the young Jedi had already done things like this before, but Jaren didn't know, and it was a good test of the man's concentration skills.

FDY9u6P.png

Judging by the look on the male Knight’s face, Haloburner knew her cover was blown. She waited for chastisement for what her thought showed, but nothing came. Drawing a sigh of relief, the teen girl listened to the instructions for the task ahead. After Knight Jaren laid the ball in front of the Nabooian, she quickly followed through with the exercise.

Lamb reached out to the Force and wrapped the energy around her. She centered her will on the Force, knowing that it was the only way she could get the pink ball off the concrete floor, and up into the air. With her mind centered on the task, Haloburner’s ball slowly begun to lift off away from her feet, up to her knee, then her shoulder and before she knew it, the pink ball was suspended into the air above her.

The same ease that she used to manipulate food off her plate and such was being displayed. Not a sweet broke off the girl. Through her peripheral vision, she took a peek at the other Jedi hopefuls, while still suspending the pink ball in the air.

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

Ads looked down at the four rubber balls that Jaren had given him. He had performed "complex" tasks with the force before, but he wasn't sure how this would stack up. In fact, just the night before, he had been arranging and folding his clothes with the force, but he wasn't manipulation four different objects at once.

"Okay...I can try," Ads responded. At first, he found it difficult to wrap his mind around moving four objects at once. It was hard to focus on two points at once, and four points had to be at least twice as difficult, if not more. Wait, he thought, I'm holding these with two hands. I can move objects in different directions with each hand, and the force is really just an extension of myself...or vice versa...whatever, it should be about the same as using my hands either way. But four--

"Wait, I have two arms and two legs, this isn't much different, is it?"

He set the balls on the floor. He focused on the first ball and easily lifted it into the air; he knew that wouldn't be a problem. Keeping his mind on holding the ball aloft, he imagined himself lifting the second ball, and it followed. He imagined passing the ball from one hand to the other. Using the force instead of his hands made it a bit harder, but he could handle it, no pun intended. The first ball wavered a little, then held still. He turned his mind to the third ball and lifted it up. It came, but he needed a little more effort to keep each of them up. Once it was steadily hovering before him, he reached for the fourth ball. It kind of felt like watching something in your peripheral vision, he wasn't quite able to focus on it fully, but he was still aware of it. It rose, but he felt like it would fall at any moment. It did not.

All of the balls were floating a few feet off the ground before Ads. Next came the tricky part: moving all four at once. He knew what it was like to move one object at a time, so he decided to just try doing the same thing with four. It worked...to a point.The balls started revolving counterclockwise (or anticlockwise if you're one of those people) around Ads, but he apparently slightly shifted his focus off the first ball, because it dropped. as he turned to try to catch it, the second ball flew off in the direction he turned and missed Jaren's face by about a foot.

Ads' embarrasment was easy to see by a quick glance at his face. "Ah! Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry, Master Jaren! That was...that was an accident." He looked down to pick up the balls that fell in front of him, but they had all rolled away. He didn't really have anything to do, so he just stood there, quite ashamed of himself.

V4yWwXl.png

The class wore on, short a student. Adrian Makaryk remained oblivious to his own absence. No one had told him. No one had had the chance to tell him.

The prospective Jedi trainee had collapsed upon arrival, having endured a grueling cocktail of exhaustion and malnourishment. However, the medical droid had only determined what had happened to the new arrival, not why it had happened. His collapse remained mysterious, for though the surgeon knew full well why he had sacrificed his own basic metabolic needs, he wasn't conscious to say anything about it. The class time for elementary discussion of the Force's nature came; it went. Through it all, the missing student remained in the medbay, oblivious to the requirement of his presence elsewhere.

Some fifteen hours had passed since Adrian had arrived in the late evening, the day before. The class had already gone an hour. The medical droid had expressed optimism that its patient might recover from his malnourishment and exhaustion soon...but such things would not be rushed.

Adrian stirred.

It wasn't much at first, merely his head shifting away from the overhead light. At first, his eyes remained closed, seemingly too tired to open. But the exhausted patient had been at rest--with an enteral feeding tube depositing much-needed sustenance into his gastrointestinal tract--since he'd arrived the evening before. It was enough.

Enough for the man's eyes to flutter open.

He didn't say anything; he made no obvious attempt to gain his bearings. He failed to ask the very usual question of where he was. He didn't much care, for he did notice the feeding tube, which was enough. The patient was a surgeon; he knew exactly what it was, and why it was there. That was enough.

The irony of the feeding tube was not lost upon Adrian Makaryk.

Though the Jedi Grandmaster might well have been oblivious to the sacrifices he asked of Adrian, unwittingly expecting him to expend his food budget on off-world communications, he had at least paid enough attention during his visit to Adrian's workplace to notice that hospital desperately needed supplies. Among those supplies were nourishment packets and rations, to treat cases of malnourishment not unlike (but more chronic than) Adrian's. The head surgeon could have easily ameliorated his own starvation by appropriating even one of those rations; yet he had chosen not to, for others on Onderon needed those scarce supplies more desperately. Now, he found himself receiving the same treatment he had tried to conserve for others, because he did require it after all. Only the time and the place were a bit different.

And all of this because the Jedi Grandmaster had made the rather erroneous assumption that everyone in the universe had easy access to holocommunication services as he did.

Adrian Makaryk waited a minute for his mental fog to clear, for his thoughts to come into focus. He cared not where he was, he cared not he was missing a class, for he did not yet even know about it. He would break his own recovery (from exhaustion to the point of collapse, no less) to save a life, but not to attend a class. And besides, he would not be able to get up to leave until his feeding tube was removed. He didn't even care to hear his own prognosis, for he already recognized it.

Someone else, however, needed to know. And though Adrian had remained eerily quiet in his opening moments of consciousness, he made that perfectly clear.

"Make sure an updated copy of my medical records finds its way to Master Trevelian, please."

Lamb kept her pink ball suspended in the air, but yet managed to tune in to Ads. The man somehow managed to suspend all four balls mid air- albeit slow- in the blonde’s eyes. Nonetheless, the four balls remained suspended until the four balls started to revolve anticlockwise, at which point the girl’s eyes caught Ads. She quickly turned her head and focused her attention on her one pink ball.

Slowly she manipulated the ball back to her hands with the intent of starting the process again. However, unbeknownst to Haloburner merely seconds after she maneuvered her ball inside her hand, Ads’ four balls appeared to be heading towards Knight Jaren’s face. Lamb quietly gasped, while avoiding eye contact with Ads, as he appeared to be thoroughly embarrassed by the small error. One of the balls rolled close to where Lamb was standing. Reaching down, she did what any courteous person would do- she reached down, took the ball and then stopped. Instead of taking the few steps over to hand Ads the ball, the blonde spared him more embarrassment and simply placed the ball back in the original bin on the wall.

As the girl returned to her original position, she could feel the eyes on the back of her head. The room suddenly felt eerie...

Without drawing further attention to Ads, Halo sent him a short telepathic nudge- “I think you did well, Ads.” Lamb followed the nudge with a short smile, just in case the man didn’t receive her nudge. Haloburner’s attention quickly went back to the lesson at hand. She beckoned the Force around here again and then proceeded to manipulate pink ball in the air.

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

::Good job:: It was a short message in the force, but Ads could understand it, nonetheless. Amidst other, slightly less obvious indicators, it had a more feminine feel to it, and as there was only one girl...woman? in the room, he knew from whom it had come. Ads was already blushing a bit, as he was embarrassed, but actually noticing Halo for the first time, he turned downright scarlet...about as red as the roots of her hair, which she had apparently been unable to dye blonde quite yet. But she was very beautiful, even with undyed roots.

I hope she's old enough for it to be okay for me to notice that, gah, if she's not, then I'm such a pervert, but if she is...then this is okay...but what if she's not? Ahh, whatever, she's close enough, whatever age she is...unless she's one of those girls who mature physically well before others. GAH! That's rare--not common, rather--so...I need to stop this, she's old enough for me to notice she's beautiful!

Ads sincerely hoped that her ability to read peoples' minds wasn't that developed...or at least that she still has to focus it to be able to actually read them...

Ads watched as Halo got back to her practice. He had endured the embarrasment of failing terribly at his own test, enough that there was almost no way that he could try again this soon. Buuuuut, such a vote of confidence--especially one via such an intimate medium--from a girl as pretty as Halo was enough to embolden any man. Well, ninety percent of men, if the statistics were true. Anyway, Ads was emboldened, and he knew what he would do next...

As Halo's ball rose, it drifted away from her, slightly. Ads knew she was probably wondering why that had happened, and the ball drifted the rest of the way up, moving back to its original distance from the girl. When it stopped rising, it yet again slowly drifted away from Halo, in the direction of Ads' outstreched hand.

V4yWwXl.png

Please- please-please don’t notice my undyed roots, thought the girl as she felt a prying eye on her. Seconds later, Halo’s eyes crossed Ads’, and boy did the man look red! She caught a thought lingering around Ads’ mind, and just as quickly brushed it off…

Not wanting to cause a scene, the Nabooian proceeded with her task.

Merely seconds after Lamb (through the Force) suspended her pink ball in the air, she noticed it progressively moving towards a different direction, and then finally landing in Mr. Terror’s outstretched hand!

Several thoughts crossed the blonde’s mind- Oh dear…. What do I do?... Do I wait?.... Knight Jaren will be so displeased with me….

Upon thoroughly exhausting her options, the girl simply stood in her original position, with her lips curled as though she was about to pout. Lamb telepathically sent Ads another nudge- so, unbecoming of a gentleman, such as yourself- Mr. Terror. Haloburner for a split second remained completely oblivious to the rest of the class

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

Jaren said nothing when Ads lost control, but remained with his arms crossed, watching them, waiting to see what the young man would do. Jaren saw him shuffling his feet for a moment, and then that soon turned to flirting with Halo, who didn't seem to mind the attention. Jaren let it continue for a moment, then held out a hand and spoke. "Enough. You've both grasped the concept quickly. But Ads, I didn't expect you to give up so soon. How will you ever learn if you let your failures stop you?" He turned to Halo. "And Halo, you need to learn to concentrate. Don't allow Ads to distract you."

He relaxed his posture then to show that he wasn't upset with them. "So, you both have the basics down, and I see no reason to keep you at that level." He motioned for them to follow him, and walked over to an area of the training room that was mostly a type of obstacle course. There were two huge crates made of thick durasteel on one side of the course, designed for the use of Jedi practicing group tactics. They showed signs of having been repeatedly pelted by incoming blaster fire on one side, and the other side bore several scorch marks from apprentices who had gotten careless with the placement of their lightsaber.

Jaren crossed his arms again. "Now, lift those crates. Each of you take one. In the Force, size and weight don't matter. The theory is the same."

FDY9u6P.png

Ads received the message from Halo, loud and clear. He shot her back a devilish little grin in return.

"Enough," Jaren interjected. "You've both grasped the concept quickly. But Ads, I didn't expect you to give up so soon. How will you ever learn if you let your failures stop you? And Halo, you need to learn to concentrate. Don't allow Ads to distract you." Ads managed to mumble something about being sorry before Jaren continued, "So, you both have the basics down, and I see no reason to keep you at that level."

Jaren gave a little wave, bidding the apprentices to follow him. Ads trailed a few steps behind Jaren, until they reached an area that appeared to be an obstacle course. At the beginning of the course were a couple of durasteel crates, and Jaren wanted Ads and Halo to each lift one. "In the Force, size and weight don't matter. The theory is the same."

Ads stepped to the left and focused on the crate before him. He had learned the theory of size and weight being inconsequential years ago. He had that down. He'd never actually attempted it. but it made sense. Anyway, he was tapping an all-powerful universal constant. What's a durasteel crate in comparison?[/i]

Ads focused his mind on the crate and imagined it rising. As it rose in his mind, in rose before him. Ads turned to see how Halo was doing.

V4yWwXl.png

Upon seeing the devilish grin on Ads’ face, Haloburner downed a wry look and then turned her attention to Knight Jaren. Lamb surely thought a punitive look will ensue from the man, especially considering her exchange with Ads, but that didn’t happen. Instead the male Knight gave his recommendation on how to improve and then beckoned the pair to follow him.

As Knight Jaren and Ads walked to the other side of the training room, Lamb turned to face the rest of the initiates. She quickly scanned the room, blew an innocent kiss in the air, and just as quickly turned to the other area of the training room. Tucking her hands in her side pocket, she innocently interjected- “thank you, Knight Jaren. I’ll try to concrete rate more, and not allow Ads to distract me.”

Unlike the other area of the training room, the new side was filled obstacle course. Judging by the look of the obstacle course, the Jedi imitate could tell it has seen it days of use. While the next instructions came forth, the Nabooian listened intently.

"Now, lift those crates..” Halo heard, at which point Ads moved to the left of Jaren. He appeared to be focused on the task. Lamb moved to the right side of the Knight.

Halo’s chest huffed and puffed as she inhaled and exhaled, preparing herself mentally fo the challenge ahead. Lamb knew this telekinetic ability would require her absolute concentration, as the crate appeared rather heavy. “Don't allow Ads to distract you," Lamb reminded herself…. Slowly, the teen summoned the Force around her- stretching her mental faculties around the durasteel crate. While intently focusing her gaze on the said object, she exerted her will on the object and manipulated the create to do as she wanted- move up.

About a minute after Halo moved her gaze on durasteel crate, the thing did her biding and rose into the air. With each squint of Halo’s eye the durasteel crate moved higher, higher and higher until finally the crate reached about 6 feet above the ground!

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

((This is all approved by Corelina, btw))

Halo was simply staring at the crate. She looked focused, but she didn't seem to be able to lift the crate, it was just too heavy for her. She did look pretty cute the way a few strands of her hair were hanging over her face, but she seemed to be seriously having some difficulty. In that moment, Ads knew what he would do.

Setting down his crate, he turned to focus on Halo's crate. It rose off the ground, slightly more easily than when he had lifted his own crate. most likely due to the extra bit of help from Halo. She was obviously strong with the force--she had levitated a ball on her own, and was able to send telepathic messages--but she didn't seem to be able to understand that, to the force, the crate was no different than the ball. Once the crate was above Halo's head, Ads let it hang there.

"Good job, Halo!"

V4yWwXl.png

Ads saw through Halo’s façade.

Sure she appeared focused on the task at hand; however inwardly she was petrified! Upon focusing with all her might the durasteel crate lifted only inches off the ground. To make matters worse Ads had completed his task, and his eyes were now fixated on the girl. Disappointment filled her heart, but outwardly she continued to manipulate the crate off the ground.

Moments into her task, the darn thing finally lifted.

One foot, then higher..

Two feet..

Three feet...

...Soon the heavy durasteel crate was suspended above Lamb's head- but at a distance. Judging by the ease of the task, Lamb knew she had assistance from none other than- Ads. Knight Jaren on the other hand will think Halo accomplished the task entirely on her own- unless Jaren, like Ads, could see through Lamb’s well hidden façade.

The teen may be gifted when it comes to telepathy, but as far as telekinesis is concerned, she appears to be a tad shaky. Perhaps Ads’ prying eyes are to blame. At any rate, the kreffin crate remained suspended above her head. Seconds after Halo heard "Good job, Halo!" at which point she lost her focus, nearly causing the durasteel crate to fall!

Meanwhile, Ads’ last words echoed deep in ear- blocking out other verbal noises…"Good job, Halo!"

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

Through the receiver built into the temple, a message containing a holo of the Grand Exorcist and Jedi Master was sent to all who held the rank of Jedi Master with in the temple.

A meeting of the council was called and has yet to start. I, Damon, Master Jedi and Exorcist, call all masters of appropriate rank to respond via holo and attend. We have many things to discuss and if the force is right, we do not have much time to work on them. Respond immediately.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

The medical droid was thrilled that its patient was finally awake. He filled Adrian in on the details of his condition, not letting the man interrupt him as he carried out what his programming told him to do. Then and only then did it acknowledge his request to send the medical records to the grandmaster, although it grumbled about 'going through the proper channels' and 'proper protocol' as it did so. It then informed him blandly that there was a class for hopefuls such as himself, and that in a few days when he was fully recovered, he'd be allowed to join it. "Knight Platt is leading the class, and he will be informed of your status."

Jaren finally cleared his throat. Something needed to be done to jar these two out of their complacency, and he thought he had just the thing. He suddenly Force-leapt to the top of one of the crates that had been left on the ground. Whether the two had seen him do it or not didn't matter at the moment; it was possible they were too focused on each other to be paying much attention to him.

He then began using the Force to throw a large assortment of objects at them. Large and small, hard and soft, the variety of things began to fly. Jaren didn't hold back, but tried to actually hit them with the objects. If they weren't paying attention, they might get a hard rubber ball to the head. He hoped they would quickly realize that he didn't mean for them just to avoid the objects, although that was part of the exercise, but that he wanted them to apply their telekinetic skills to the challenge.

FDY9u6P.png

Out of the corner of his eye, Ads saw a flicker of movement as Jaren jumped onto a crate. A medium-sized block was flying right at him. He barely had time to use a burst of force-augmented speed to dash out of the path of the block and take cover behind the crate he had lifted previously. Ads got the message pretty quickly--he needs to pay attention to the lesson and not the girl. He peered out from behind the crate in time to see something whiz past his face, almost too fast to see. Another block was flying at him. Without really thinking, Ads thrust his hand toward the block and, through the force, sent it flying back toward Jaren.

V4yWwXl.png

Adrian sighed at the droid's ramblings about 'protocol' and quickly determined he wanted away from such droid as soon as practicable. Perhaps he possessed antiquated ideas about doctor-patient confidentiality and didn't much care for the idea of his medical records finding their way into the hands of approximately thirty-seven bureaucrats before they reached Master Trevelian's eyes, or perhaps his stomach doth growl too much, or perhaps he just awoke on the wrong side of the gurney this morning. Unfortunately, he still had an enteral feeding tube stuck in his gastrointestinal tract, and could do little about it on his own without needless exposure to self-injury.

The surgeon, by now annoyed by the medical droid's antics, immediately sought to disabuse the droid of any notions of excessive "protocol." Ultimately, Adrian Makaryk could expect to exercise control of his own medical records, and while the droid could probably argue that passing them on too busybodies was "necessary for the administration of patient healthcare" or somesuch, Adrian's experience as a surgeon told him to anticipate that argument, and act to shut it down. Quickly.

"I have authorized the disclosure of my records to one Darex Trevelian, and no one else; is that clear? I otherwise fully expect my records to remain confidential. There is no need for half of the bureaucrats to know of my condition, because given reasonable access to food, I am quite capable of managing my recovery myself. I am well aware of my caloric requirements, but I lost access to food for a couple weeks. All that remains for you to do is remove this feeding tube and tell me where I might find sustenance around here, oh, and get my medical records to Master Trevelian. Very much his business, as he summoned me here. No one else's."

Well, possibly the instructor's business. But Adrian Makaryk would leave the poor droid to believe it was already in trouble, not just about to get into it. There was also the matter of the droid's optimism concerning the surgeon's recovery. If regaining about ten kilos of lost muscle mass counted for anything, the recovery would truly take a couple of months, not a couple of days.

Adrian Makaryk had already fallen behind. So accustomed was he to people dying when he fell behind that he wanted to leave immediately to catch up on what he had missed. But he couldn't. Not yet. Not when the mere act getting up would tear half his intestines out...

Thankfully the crate didn’t fall. Halo quickly composed herself and focused on completing the task. She summoned the Force around her and effortlessly settled the crate on the floor. It was merely second afterwards that Lamb noticed Knight Jaren. Soon thereafter a large assortments of objects started heading towards the blonde. Drawing on the Force again, the Nabooian teen telekinetically pushed each object that headed her way. Not even a single ball touched the blonde. Lamb did however push the final two balls towards Knight Jaren, and the very last on towards Ads.

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

Once again, the hopefuls proved they picked up on the concept quickly. Jaren deflected the few pieces that had been sent back his way off to the side, then dropped the rest of them.

He motioned for the two to come closer. "Excellent. Now, with the Force, you are not limited to moving objects around. You can also move yourself. You can use the Force as a springboard to jump higher than you normally could." He demonstrated, leaping straight up to the ceiling, grabbing a beam there. "You can also soften your falls," he called down before letting go and landing as lightly as a cat in front of them. "Another useful trick is to enhance your speed. There are several approaches to this: making yourself faster in relation to the world around you, or using the Force to move the air particles away from you, letting you slip through it without resistance." He demonstrated Force speed, dashing around the room in the blink of an eye.

"Go ahead and try these things."

FDY9u6P.png

This was the stuff Ads knew best. He'd never had a problem with using the force to augment his own abilities, and had known how for several years. Ads jumped up to grab the same beam that Jaren had hung from, and then launched himself toward the wall and springboarded himself back to where the group was standing. He didn't feel like he needed to do any more to show that he knew this stuff, so he let Halo take center stage.

V4yWwXl.png

At last, the medical droid fell silent. At last, Adrian Makaryk could have peace.

Or perhaps it was the anesthesia talking.

At any rate, removal of the feeding tube required anesthesia once more. Adrian didn't mind, as long as he didn't have to listen to the ramblings of the medical droid, which seemed more like a protocol droid in function. The removal itself was a relatively quick procedure, so Adrian didn't need to stay under for long. By noon, Adrian was free to go, the medical droid's urgings of a few hours' rest and observation not withstanding. Adrian had but one stop to make before finding this mysterious class he was supposed to be in--the cafeteria.

The two-meter figure of Adrian Makaryk roamed the hallways of the Temple, seeking its destination, nerf jerky and cup of juma juice in hand. The would-be student had thought himself rested, but now the effects of starvation upon metabolism exerted themselves. Even with access to food once more, Adrian tired over minutes of exertion instead of hours, as his body still tried to hoard whatever energy it could ingest, with a thousand-kilocalorie-per-day metabolism, rather than expending it. The surgeon knew his metabolism would take several days to fully adjust to normal levels again, with full recovery of lost muscle taking months. There were ways of altering metabolism through the Force that would have benefited Adrian in his present state greatly; however, the surgeon remained ignorant of them for he had never studied the Force from any perspective other than a medical dictionary before.

At last, after getting lost no fewer than three times, he found the room he sought.

He was hours late.

The door to the classroom slowly creaked open as the newcomer, hands full of precious sustenance, used his body weight (or what remained of it) to open it. The tall, somewhat lanky figure, instantly recognizable by the instructor on account of his jet-black facial tattoos, did not bother to ask if he was in the right place, nor if he was welcome. Nor did the latecomer bother to bring a doctor's note for his tardiness--technically, since he was a doctor, he could write one for himself if required. At any rate, the man's eyes, dull from his creeping desire to take a nap, listlessly stared about looking for a place to sit.

The towering man didn't even bother to say hello. It wasn't that he was incapable of friendliness. No, it had more to do with him being informed that he was missing class, well before he had had the chance to fully recover from the lingering effects of his starvation. Perhaps the newcomer should have grabbed some caf instead of juice...

Jaren's attention suddenly shifted as the new hopeful walked in. "Ah, you must be Adrian Makaryk!" Jaren exclaimed warmly. "It's excellent to meet you. I didn't expect you to be out of the medical wing this quickly. I'm Jedi Knight Jaren Platt."

He offered his hand to Makaryk. "I'm so glad you could join us." He motioned for Ads and Halo to pause in their exercises and join them. "Tell us about yourself. Where are you from? What is your experience with the Force? What brought you to Lehon? And why do you want to become a Jedi?"

FDY9u6P.png