Primary Terrain: savannah, steppes, grasslands

Points of Interest: abandoned Jedi Temple, crystal caves

Societal Information

Indigenous Species: Dantari, kath hounds

Immigrated Species: humans, Selkath, Chalactans, Ithorians, Mandalorians

Primary Language(s): Galactic Basic

Faction Affiliation: neutral

Defense Rating: Level 1

JediRP Canon History: Dantooine once housed a Jedi Temple, and over the years many Jedi have visited its grassy plains and crystal caves to find materials for their lightsabers. It was also the site of a Force-wound, created by Vladimir Faust, only recently healed after he was defeated on Coruscant. New growth is evident all over the area, and life is reclaiming the once-dead patch of land.

Old description:

Dantooine was a pleasant world of grasslands, rivers and lakes. The planet was located in the Raioballo Sector of the Outer Rim at an endpoint of Myto's Arrow, the other endpoint of which was in the Obtrexta Sector, though Dantooine itself was still far removed from most galactic traffic. It hosted a small population spread amongst single-family settlements and small communities with large land holdings. Its sentient population consisted primarily of simple Human farmers, though Dantooine was also home to the primitive Dantari race. Native wildlife included the kath hound, the iriaz, the kinrath, and the graul. The planet had no industrial settlements or advanced technology by the time of the Galactic Civil War.

Nearly a Decade prior to current events, however, two notoriously powerful Sith Lords descended upon Dantooine in a reigning bloodbath unlike any other the Galaxy had seen before. Lord Ar-Pharazon and Barohm Zar rent the planet to the bone, committing planetary genocide and outright destroying the majority of the planet's surface. But time heals all things, and the woodlands and forestry has grown back over the ashes, albeit still new, and settlers have returned in hopes of recreating what was once lost. Life once again begins to grow and flourish upon Dantooine as old habitats and ecological systems reboot themselves ever so slowly, and things almost seem as they once were. But were one to look in the right places, it wouldn't be difficult to see the scars torn by the Sith in the holocaust they brought those many years ago. Though Dantooine is freshly regrown and still alive...it is still recovering.

First post goes to Fishtie, should he want it, or open to anyone in a month from the date of this post.

((Summary compiled by Amidala Skywalker. Thank you!))

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

• 4 months later...

A gruff man approaches Cade, handing him a drink, while sitting across from him and gulping on his own.

"So what's yer story, son? Don't see you around here too often."

Grezzik grinned, knowing the younger man had no way of knowing that he was actually a Jedi Adept, a one of the guardians that watched after the planets the Jedi claimed. And Cade...Cade hadn't come here by accident. Grezzik found this plainly obvious.

((Sorry, didn't see your post. ))

Blz1mwg.png

"So, you're a coward, huh? Well, no shame in that. Everyone's been that at one point or another in their life. People call me Grezzik...But, you can call me Gee."

The old man gulped down another swig of the fiery liquid, chuckling as it warmed him to the bone.

"So, why'd you run here? Dirtball of a planet, if you ask me. Sure, it was great once, but with the Jedi and Sith warring, this place is just a desolate waste. Sure, I suppose you could hide here, but you can't hide from them Force users. Which begs the question I already asked: Why didja come here, Cade?"

The grin grew on Grezzik's face, bordering sinister, as he took yet another chug from his glass.

Blz1mwg.png

"Well, sithspit...you're pretty ****ed up."

Grezzik downed the last of his drink, wincing sourly before ordering another two.

"I know a fella or two might be able to hook you up, but you gotta promise me you're goin' straight. Can't be having my word tarnished and all. It's a good living, an honest living. I think you'll get a lot out of it. Or at least what you choose to put in it, but anything'd be better than those space dogs on yer bum, eh?"

The old man laughed heartily, quaffing yet another sip from the fresh drinks placed before them. God, he loved this place...he was so glad he asked for this post. Best thing he ever did.

"So, chum, what'll it be? Would ya trust ol' Grezz here?"

Blz1mwg.png

"Mandalorian, eh? Well...in that case, let's just say...Verd ori'shya beskar'gam, vod. I know you don't know me well, but I doubt it's just mere happenstance we met. Here, take this datapad, it'll take you to another building nearby. We'll meet there. I don't trust some of the unruly types around here..."

Grezzik shot a look to a few of the patrons as he drank again, standing and leaving after leaving a few credit chits on the table and ensuring Cade had the datapad.

Blz1mwg.png

Now out of the bar, the man known as Grezzik was devoid of a beer and had shed his large coat for spacer's clothing, still unnoticable in this little berg of a town. He walked across the street as Cade strolled out, bumping into him as he passed, barely muttering something under his breath which sounded like an alien curse, but to Cade, it was merely a friendly warning.

"Ba'slan shev'la, vod..."

He disapeared into a side alley, completely the opposite way of the directions on the datapad. It was dark, and Gee was hoping Cade would follow instead of getting cold feet, but if he was truly Mando he had nothing to fear. There was something Gee needed to take care of...

Blz1mwg.png

Gee kept walking down the alley, and a few moments later a near silent muzzle-flash rang out from the rooftops, dropping the defel that was following Cade. Gee turned sharply, eyeing the no longer near-invisible creature.

"That thing's followed you since you walked into the bar. My sources say he's a regional hitman. Good thing you know how to listen, Vod."

Grezzik kicked the dog-like alien, knowing his boys would clean up from it.

"Tell you what. I wasn't really offering you a job. I don't even know anyone that might hire or even protect you. But I am half-trained as a Jedi, and this is a Jedi planet you've stumbled upon, and whether you realize it, you're sensitive yourself. I can send you to them if you like, that's the only idea I have right now where you'd truly be safe. And heck, you might make something of yourself. I hear they're taking more and more Guardians these days, and the few Mandos that have been trained have been excellent Guardians. At the very least, I know they'll help with another ship and a few credits...besides, that dog Darkfire still owes me a ship. At the very least you could drop my name. And yes I'd let you do that, you're in a far worse position than I."

Gee eyed the young man, wondering what exactly he'd do.

Blz1mwg.png

Gee grunted an acknowledgement, pointing up the alley.

"You'll find a ship with encoded preprogrammed coordinates in the navicomputer. I'll send your ship shortly after you. Safe travels, vod."

And with that, the old grizzled man disappeared into the night.

((Go to Helix, assume your ship arrives thirty minutes later))

Blz1mwg.png

((I see how it is...make Aryian do all the work, eh?))

A shot rang out across the glade, dropping the mother Iriaz and causing the other two nonsentient occupants to scatter. Kor-ell rose up from his blind, moving forwards gracefully upon his tall Kaminoan legs towards his quarry when he noticed someone nearby the lake, a bald human.

What on earth would someone be doing out here? Not to mention that they had to be very quiet for the Iriaz to not have heard or seen them. I wonder if they are hunting as well?

Kor waved to the Humanoid, but continued towards his prey. His family would dine well tonight.

Blz1mwg.png

"Its meat is soft. Good for our digestion."

Kor stiffened as she approached. She was one of them. He could barely feel her, his own sensitivity insignificant and badly trained, but it was strong enough.

"You are a Jedi? My apologies, master Jedi, I did not know I was hunting on your land. You may have my kill and the one after, as it shames my family."

Blz1mwg.png

Kor-ell bowed once, low, showing reverence.

"I am no Jedi, but I can ake you to them. If your father was a Jedi, you are certainly someone of importance to them. It isn't a far walk to their Temple, but the Temple can be hard to find. Perhaps this is why you missed it."

Kor pointed, before picking up the Iriaz carcass, hefting it on his tiny shoulders.

"Follow me, mistress Jedi."

Kor began to walk, but quickly realized his long legs might have set too fast a pace for the young human, and quickly slowed down. About half an hour later, they reached the outskirts of the Temple, where Kor stopped.

"It is forbidden for me to go further. Once you approach, ask for Ariel. She will help you more. I must return to my family...I would ask you did not mention my quarry."

He lofted the carcass, signifying its meaning to him. After a half-second of hesitation and a quick glance at th Temple, Kor turned and began quickly walking back into the thick forest, muttering a quick good luck in his native language before he was out of earshot.

Once again, Moon was on her own.

Blz1mwg.png

As moon walked into a partcular room, lights sprang on, and two automatic turrets descended from the ceiling. The Jedi had been watching all along. A brght spotlight shone into her eyes, and a distinctive snap-hiss echoed into the hallway beyond as a female voice yelled out rather loudly.

"Who are you and why are you here? If you're Sith, we will show you no mercy!!"

It seemed she was out of the pot, and into the frying pan.

Blz1mwg.png

((Just throwing out some NPCs for Mace, Moon, and AD's NPCs to rough up/duel if you wish. If you'd rather not fight them, feel free to just let those turrets blast them to pieces.))

((You, sir, get a gold star. *stickies him*))

For a few seconds, Ariel was flabbergasted, not a fantastic thing to be in the middle of a showdown. But she did barely manage to dodge the first stun club swing by inches, the sparking weapon reaching out with electrical hands to scorch her cloud-white hair. This was a bad position for both of them, the newcomer and the Echani, and though Ariel didn't know whether or not the bald woman was here to help or attack, she really didn't care. It would be a miracle if they survived, and Ariel would have to rely heavily on her combat training. What most people didn't know was, her saber was merely a training saber, and the turrets were mostly for show. Unfortunately, this played right into the Sith's hand.

The young Echani brutally uppercutted her attacker, somersaulting forwards and backspringing to mule kick him square in the chest, a blow that was sure to have sent the fat Gamorrean to the ground with the wind knocked out of his stinky lungs. Ariel whirled, her danger sense barely kicking in as she dodged the lashback of the other bumbling Gamorrean's energy shield as it clearly was focused on Moon. They were stupid and slow, but damn if they weren't strong sons of Sith. Ariel flourished her orange saber defiantly, moving towards the man in white, taking a medium fighter's pose while beginning to circle him slowly, saber in the reverse hold and ready to lash out in a heartbeat. Her saber might not be as lethal as his, but it could stop his, and it sure could hurt if she hit him in the right places...

Blz1mwg.png

((Good sport, Robbie...I was absent, flying back to Iraq. Thanks. I'll take it from 'a decapitating swing.'))

Ariel threw herself backwards as the bluish blade whipped around, knowing she had neither the footing nor the momentum to accurately block the strike, and she was a tad late in dodging it. A nasty searing sensation raked her throat, barely burning it as the tip carved a miniscule cut into the skin. But a cut from a lightsaber, no matter how shallow, was nothing to shrug off. Her cry of pain only brought her more, and her Echani battlemind kicked in full throttle, she knew this was a fight she had to win.

She hit the floor, twisting midair and shoving off to shoulder roll to a crouch, quickly turning to summon a small but potent Force blast that would knock him into the wall behind him, before lurching forwards low and guarded, lashing out furiously with the orange blade she wielded. A fire now burned in her own eyes, much like his own, but this feeling ran far deeper than anger or revenge, this wasn't about some petty war between religious factions or getting back for an injustice caused long ago.

This was personal pride. And she knew full well that he had just made it impossible for him to best her. He had awakened the beast within, now it was time to face the dragon.

Blz1mwg.png

A loud whuff echoed once in the room as the breath rushed out of Ariel's lungs, but yet again her instincts saved her as she dropped to a knee, partially out of weakness from the blow, but reversed the hold of her orange lightsaber, blocking the blow near the hilt of her saber. It still tossed her back, but the block was physically advantageous leverage-wise, and stopped his deadly blade. She was still struggling to breathe when she kicked off into a somersault, driving into the opening she had created and cleanly stabbing him in his own gut.

Which, surprisingly enough, barely did anything. Sure it stung, and would probably leave a nasty welt, but the saber passed through him without harming him, and probably wouldn't even physically phase him. It was the shock she was counting on, the shock of seeing and feeling a lightsaber in his stomach. Her one ace in the hole had been played, but she hoped it gave her the precious few seconds needed to regain her breath and strength. She breathed in after what seemed to be an eternity (in reality only a fraction of a second), and slammed upwards with her unarmed hand, hard. Should she catch him in the chin, it was sure to send him reeling.

Blz1mwg.png

((Robbie, that was highly refreshing. Thanks. ))

Ariel was blown back by the fire charring the adept's body, familiar with its mention but never having witnessed it firsthand. Her clothes were caught in the blast, igniting her, but she dropped to the floor and rolled, putting the flames out in a short amount of time. The Echani rose, remembering the threat of the two Gamorreans, but as she turned she saw the Mandalorian clearly had the upper hand against the last of the overgrown pigs.

This day was theirs, but they had earned their own wounds. Ariel fingered her neck, the cut across it, wincing. It would leave a nasty scar...a brutal reminder of what it meant to face Sith and live. Ariel waited for the Mando woman to finish, so she could address her.

Blz1mwg.png

"I am fine. Lightsaber wounds cauterize instantly, they do not bleed, but it stings quite a bit. Hurts a little to talk."

Ariel coughed, not being able to help herself.

"He was after you, you know. New recruits into the Jedi. I should have felt it before you walked up, but my senses are too dull to receive further training. I can, however, get you to the other Jedi, that's probably your safest bet right now. You'll probably even get a master in no time..."

Ariel stared off down the hallway, hiding her jealousy. If only she had skill enough to be accepted into the full fold of the Jedi...but she didn't. Ariel sighed, turning and continuing towards the hangar.

"Follow me. I can give you a ship that will take you to where the Jedi currently are."

Blz1mwg.png

In no time at all Ariel had led her to the hangar, where several snubfighters sat, one prepped for takeoff.

"Take the E-wing. It's already been encoded with encrypted destination coordinates, upon an autopilot route. Once you reach Helix, seek out the hopefuls. The Master governing them should know what to do."

Ariel bowed, traditionally wishing her farewell.

"May the Force be with you. May the Force be with us all."

((Feel free to arrive on Helix whenever))

Blz1mwg.png

• 6 months later...

An encrypted missive found its way into Armiena's private inbox, text message for her eyes only.

I miss you. It's been a while since we've seen each other, and more and more it gnaws at me. I haven't seen Aidan in just as long, and I'm sure he's growing to be quite a young man now...

The Augury is coming along nicely. With this momentum, we have a good chance of securing the Republic's hold on many major positions in the Galaxy, and ensuring they have a tactical advantage in time of war. Meaning...I won't have to look out for us like this anymore. I haven't been much of a husband. Hell...I haven't been much of a father. And though I don't let it show, it kills me on the inside. I wish we'd never been cursed with the Force so that we didn't have to be a part of this war, but at the same time I know we're doing this so that others don't have to. We are the sacrifice for peace.

When I get the time, I'm going to abduct you again, Mrs. Darkfire. I'll show you I haven't lost that gentlemanly touch. And not to mention, I still know how to make you feel like a woman and not a Grandmaster...

- Aryian

Blz1mwg.png