captain kirk

OFFICIAL: Advertisement Thread

Heres a site I have been helping to run for 3 years now thought you lot might want to try it out who know's you might like it and become a member of both sites like I am being very active

We have a very unique bio and rp system but the draw is that we are mainly for sith focused rp'ers but we do take others and train them into sith

http://www.sithdominion.com

Setting: Star Wars Universe

Venues: Rebellion, Independents/Fringers

Chat Platform: Flashchat

Age Requirement: 18+

site: http://swonlinerp.com/

chat: http://swonlinerp.com/chat/flashchat.php

Flavor of the Setting:

It is a period of civil war. The desperately outnumbered Rebel Alliance form the last pockets of resistance against the might of the Galactic Empire. With the senate's dissolution the last vestiges of the Old Republic have been swept away.

Rumors of a devastating new weapon capable of destroying entire planets hold most systems in line, fear and tyranny being the hallmarks of Emperor Palpatine's New Order. Meanwhile his vassal Darth Vader commands the Imperial forces in their efforts to crush the rebellion.

The Emperor, secure in his power, has begun training a cadre of Sith adepts to further extend the despot's rule and find the location of the last remaining Jedi Temple where General Obi-Wan Kenobi has emerged from decades of solitude to instruct a new, perhaps final generation of apprentices in the ways of the Force.

And, lastly, the independent citizens of the galaxy, the traders, mercenaries, technicians, scum and villainy continue to exist on the fringes of civilized space, eking out a living as best they can, as they always have while governments rise and fall around them.

Here is an RP site I made, it needs members.

http://kingdomrp.forumsrpg.com/

I put a lot of work into creating the entire world's backstory and all that fun stuff, I'll be really disappointed if it goes nowhere so please join and play.

If you like the prospect of throwing fire, ice (Elder scrolls 4 oblivion style), lightning, and bullets around, then you will like the site.

For those of you interested in politics, I highly recommend checking out The Living Room Candidate.

It has video campaign ads from presidential candidates ranging from the 1950s. Pretty sweet and interesting to see what worked and what didn't.

Something that Tuftman and I have started up..... a "digital art space" if you will (inspired by Muse of course).

http://oos.tumblr.com

Anyways, take a look and let us know what you think. Feel free to contribute to the site as well if you feel you have something to offer.

So, a brand new Game reviewing/discussion site is rolling around the corner.

The site is called Blistered Thumbs

and the url is www.Blisteredthumbs.net

I know its a little weird to advertise another site on this site, but I wanted to show people a place where they could spread out a little bit, discuss games with other people and listen/read/watch reviews on your favorite titles.

You can talk about it here if you want or this could just end up being a one shot thing where people look at it and never post. Whatever it is, I just wanted people to know.

Shameless advertising, yaaaaay!

Justatoysoldier.blogspot.com

My new blog on everything. Life, the military, video games, nerd stuff (Star Wars, etc), everything. Read/follow if you want, comments/etc not necessary but welcome nonetheless. For anyone who ever wished they knew me better (yeah right =P).

http://macys.iheart.com/macys/entries/profile/1.html

My Uncle (Morgan Taylor Reid) has a band in this year's iHeartRadio contest, which will allow the winning band to play on stage at iHeartRadio's music festival this year. Last year a ton of major artists like Coldplay, Sting, Jane's Addiction, David Guetta, etc were there so giving my uncle the opportunity to play on the same stage as these artists alongside the band he produces, 7Lions, would be kind of awesome.

You can vote up to 25 times a day per email, and I would appreciate it if you guys took the time to do so.

Not sure how many people will see this or if anyone's even interested, but I've been working on self-publishing some books for the past year or so, and I just set up a website at Paper Street Press where copies can be purchased; one of them is even available on the kindle, too. So if you're interested in supporting a small-scale writer who's been a part of the community here for over a decade, I would greatly appreciate it.

Congrats dude. Awesome to see someone else getting published from the site. What's your (or Paper Street Press') twitter account so I can promote it that way to help you out?

Figured I'd share a site I'm part of, one a helped found along with others years ago. Still going strong, I'm a member of the leadership which are all friendly and helpful as is all our membership. I invite you to come visit and perhaps stick around, much how I stick around here and post on both lol

89SwqbzDZxPwOFIFTX2I.png

Index || Story || Timeline || Fanon || Archives

You’ve always known that you were different. Though never quite able to put it in to words, there was always an extra layer to reality, of which others seemed unaware. This perception came and went, one moment you’d be keenly aware of it before forgetting altogether. These snaps of insight varied in intensity, sometimes you’d just experience an odd tickle but other times you would briefly feel that everything in life suddenly made perfect sense. You never spoke to anyone else about this, you probably couldn’t have explained it if you had tried. Truthfully, you never thought much about it when it wasn’t happening.

Then they came.

They appeared before you one fateful day and told you things you’d never thought to hear. They said that they knew you were different, that they sensed in you the same power they possessed. This power is called the Force, they explained, and it has chosen you to be a part of its Grand Design. You have a destiny: to end the present, stagnant order and bring about a new golden age. There are those, they said, who claim to serve the Force but work against its Grand Design. These are the enemies you must face to fulfill your predestined role. But, through this struggle, you will be transformed into a being of power and significance beyond your wildest dreams. These visitors demonstrated amazing abilities sufficient to convince you of their honesty and that day you left your old life behind. Now you are one of them, now you are Sith…

New Sith Brotherhood is the current website for a Star Wars forum-based roleplaying community that has been in operation more or less continuously since April of 2005. We are set in the Legends canon, thirty-six years after the battle of Yavin at the time this is being written. For many years the New Sith Brotherhood hid in shadows, building its strength, until it was at last ready to reveal itself following the Yuuzhan Vong War. Rallying planets disaffected with the Galactic Alliance to their cause, the Sith founded a new nation dubbed the Obsidian Union. Now the Galaxy once again trembles under the weight of open war between Jedi and Sith.

On our site we do our best to balance all the elements that make for great roleplaying. Those looking for thought-provoking storylines and complex characterization will not be disappointed but neither will those looking for lightsaber duels, starfighter combat, espionage, exploration and massive battles both in space and planet-side. NSB uses a custom, dice-free character stats system that provides a good middle ground between structure and ease-of use. This combines the narrative-based (rather than random) experience of traditional online roleplay with the fairness and character building of a tabletop roleplaying game.

The site is run by a leadership group consisting of, presently, five members. There will almost always be someone online, be they the aforementioned group or just an experienced member, who is able to help you with any questions you might have. NSB is meant to be primarily about its players’ experience, we highly value input and suggestions from every participant.

You are cordially invited to come and join in on the fun.

Activity: Moderately active, with 16 semi-active to highly-active members.

Rating: l2_s1_v2.gif

Types of Characters/Creatures Allowed: Players are requested to play members of the New Sith Brotherhood, who can be of (nearly) any species and background. Players are also welcome to make use of the site's Deuteragonist system and sign up additional, non-Sith characters allied with the New Sith Brotherhood and its puppet government.

Time setting: 36 ABY, in an alternate universe that split in earnest shortly after the Yuuzhan Vong War.

Other Notes:

• New Sith Brotherhood is the latest incarnation of a roleplaying community that has existed since the mid-2000s. Most recently we moved forum hosts from Freeforums to Proboards, thoroughly overhauling our system in the process and turning a new page in the site's metaplot. The Freeforum archive, linked above and in the site's QuickNav bar, is a vast wealth of nearly four years of excellent roleplaying.

• Through the use of a leveled class system, a wide choice in Species (with more added on request), and a vast scope of Force Powers, Skills, Perks, and Combat Abilities to choose from, players can customise their Sith however they wish. With four Basic Paths, six Advanced Paths, and three Master paths for each Advanced Path, you're sure to find something that suits you!

Contact Details: Guests are welcome to chat with members on the site chatbox. They're also welcome to contact us on our staff email account, newsithbrotherhood@gmail.com