Gala - Jedi Praxeum Ruins

Amidala Skywalker

((And so a massive portion of Misal Draygo's background is revealed...))

For a moment, Misal seemed to stare at Ara-Lai Kaipi, although her useless eyes were obviously obscured by the traditional veil she wore over the top of her head. She seemed to be silently evaluating the Jedi Master, trying to decide whether she could trust her with one of her most closely guarded secrets. Ara was a Jedi, of course, and despite the Miraluka's misgivings towards Jedi philosophy and the Order as an organization, it was unfair to treat her as ”œjust another Jedi.”

drayyy.png

Brad's X-Wing exited hyperspace and began it's descent onto the planet of Gala. The fighter was given permission to land after its pilot transmitted the appropriate clearance. The fighter quickly touched down in the new Jedi Temple on the planet. Brad hopped out and set off deeper into the Temple.

Reaching out to the Force, Brad began to navigate the corridors of the Temple. He quickly came to the council chambers, which is where he decided would be the best place to wait for instructions. Slowly sitting down, he gazed up at the ceiling. The ceiling was simple, yet artistic, an anonymous salute to the Jedi throughout the ages.

WarrenEdit.jpg

A Firespray ship emerged from hyperspace above the planet of Gala. Its signature was familiar to the Republic ships that moved in and out of the planet. It had just left from a visit with the Admiral. But Piccolo had a different target this time. He was searching for a Jedi. The hunter did not know if the Jedi were here, so he sent a blanket comm over the planet, hoping to not be shot out of the sky.

"This is Captain Piccolo. I need to see Ara-lai Kaipi. Immediately."

The hunter hoped their previous encounter would land him an audience with the Jedi, if she was even on this planet.

Aryian walked up to the two conversing women, catching the last part of the conversation, including Misal's admittance to Ara.

"That must have been terrible for you, to endure something like that for one you love so much. Obviously the rest of Armiena's family is as strong in willpower as she is, and I see where she gets her strength from. You are Misal Draygo, Armiena's mother if I am not mistaken... I am Aryian. I believe it's high time we finally met. And Master Ara, you look very well. It is good to see a familiar face, and in a good mood, too."

Aryian recognized the two people, the elder Miraluka mainly because of her strong signture in the Force, but he knew that several memories he had of them he couldn't recall at present. It was posible for him to reat them as normal, but they would both probably be able to tell Aryian wasn't completely feeling normal mentally, despite his good appearance otherwise. Luckily for him, he kept a spare set of robes in the Blur, and had remembered to change into them before he ran up, and consequently didn't have any residual...odor...from the hyperspace trip with Armiena.

His thoughts drifted back to it for a moment, remembering how little they talked, and how much more they simply connected...

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

"You bastard!" Misal snarled out. "You had no right to overhear that!"

The Miraluka's gloved hands curled into fists, and as it appeared that the situation was about to disintegrate into physical violence.... she stopped. That cloth-covered head tilted to the side, and her lips formed unheard words... there was a tremor in the Force, and Misal's rage had been redirected by curiosity, even if only for a moment.

"Armiena!!!!" She bellowed. "Get in here, now!"

Mere seconds later, the sound of a glass shattering tinkled through the main corridor, and the Jedi Grandmaster came rushing up to the crowd, her ebony hair still wet, her left arm still regrettably without a prosthetic, and her tongue wiping away the last vestiges of a tasty alcoholic beverage. At least she'd had the time to finish her shower and change into a fresh robe..

"I felt it too--ah, you've just met..." Emerald eyes flicked towards Misal's weapon, still embedded in the stonework. "Oh, bollocks..."

Her attention shifted away, and the Jedi Grandmaster searched the Force to pinpoint the disturbance in the Force. A vaguely evil smile began to blossom on her lips, and if it weren't for the fact that her loyalties had been well established and her eyes were not shifting to a nauseating yellow-orange color, one might have had cause to worry about her mental wellbeing...

"I see it." Misal shot her daughter a rather pointed glance, appreciating the hidden meaning behind her choice of words.

"There are Sith descending to the planet. Let's see if I can make things a bit complicated for them...." Armiena whispered an instruction into her comlink, ordering the activation of one of the Jedi Temple's many defenses. Apparently, she had at least one nasty creation hiding in the forest, considering her order to "sic 'em". More immediate, however, was the roar of an ion cannon blast from one of the caverns surrounding the Jedi Temple...

"Now, weapons, please?" There was no childlike enthusiasm in Armiena's eyes now; she simply needed her weapons back, and she needed to be in fighting condition yesterday.

drayyy.png

Gavin nodded in the direction of his master. If he had to land a blow it wouldn't be easy. Gavin had only been in training for three weeks, where as Master Damon had years of experience on him. He had never fought a real opponent with a lightsaber before, so the chances of him landing a blow on Damon were slim to none.

He brought his sticks up and began a slow jog forward. Roughly fifteen meters separated them and by the half way point he was running fairly fast. He began to swing the left stick forward towards his master at a precise time. He was a second from smiling when he felt his lance meet the resistance of another lance.

He continued his run forward, bringing his right weapon around, passing Damon on his left, yet his stick once again met resistance. He turned his run into a spin, bringing himself 180 degrees around to face Damon. He quickly centered himself in the Force and brought his left lance around behind his back and swung it around so it began to spin at a blinding speed towards Damon.

He followed his lance towards his master, bringing it up to a striking position. Blocking the two would be difficult, but not entirely impossible. It was up to Damon now.

((This post isn't exactly the longest, most descriptive, but it will do. Once you post, I'll make a longer more descriptive post in response to give you the kind of post that you want.))

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

Ara could only wince as Misal let out a shout. This cannot be good. Her sword even had a mind to shudder within it's sheath. That was when she heard Piccolo over the comms.

"I've dealt with Piccolo before. As a matter of fact, I retrieved his soul for him, a debt which he has yet to repay me, technically speaking. I would like to talk to him, if you think that would be...all right," Ara said slowly. She glanced at Armiena, blushing, a bit nervous. "He was kind enough at the time, and it's given me more practice in soul, er, 'manipulation', so I hope you don't mind."

After this statement, Ara produced the box that Misal had given her before. "Your mother said to give these to you--your lightsabers, among other things, I think." Then, Ara couldn't help but grin. "And a couple of creations of my own design."

First, Ara held out the breastplate, which was still folded inside a cloth. "Light armor, made of a crystal material that will even stand up to a lightsaber's blow, along with any other weapon's strike. It won't chip or break, no matter what--nigh indestructible. It can also absorb some Force blows, but will need to be 'recharged' after a few battles, which is a simple task you can do yourself in a matter of minutes." She handed the breastplate over to Armiena. "I made it so the armor is in 'pieces' of a sort, so that it will flex with you. The pieces are held together with the crystal as well, which is a process that I'd rather not go into. In any case, it is also buffed physically so that it won't go all 'shiny' and blow your cover if stealth is what you need."

Now, Ara's smile grew even wider. I hope she appreciates this. She held the large knife in its sheath out in front of her. "This...is a specially made dagger, somewhat of a short sword, if you prefer." Slowly, she pulled the dagger out from the sheath, revealing the crystalline blade inch by inch. The dagger shone in several colors before settling on a happy sort of mottled blue and rose that came in waves over the blade. "I made this dagger in the same manner as I did my own sword, Sanare. The dagger will grow with you in the Force, and enhance your own abilities in the Force, since it was forged with crystal and the light Force itself."

Ara handed the blade over to the eager Armiena. "It will also become attached to you, I am guessing, if Sanare is any indication, and if it strikes someone who channels the dark Force, it will act as poison in that being's veins. My own sword can purge the darkness from one's soul, with enough Force behind it." Gray eyes flicked over to Aryian for the briefest of moments. "This isn't that strong, but it'll still hurt Sith like nothing else. If the blade hits a Jedi, it'll act as a normal blade at first, but once it is removed, the wound will be healed over. There are other properties that I'm sure you'll discover over time."

At this, the dagger let out a whistle reminiscent of a wooden flute's tones, ultimately raising into a very bright chord. The blond Jedi couldn't help a small, somewhat embarrassed grimace.

"It also lets out whistles and various other musical sounds, depending on its, ah, mood. It has some sentience, but not to the level of Sanare, so you don't have to worry about it ever, erm, talking." Ara looked like she was about to die of embarrassment. "It's part of the attachment, too, I believe, and a reflection of just how strong the weapon and the process of making it is. Ah...I hope you don't mind?" And I hope you don't think I'm nuts for giving you a singing sword...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Slipping through the atmosphere he returned to the place he just left, not in the best of moods to boot. However, the student of the force he was forced him to listen to its suggestions, when it ofered them.

Perhaps it was out of some sense of duty, or perhaps a desire for knowledge, never the less, it called and he had come.

Checking his sensors, he decided against actually parking his ship near the temple itself, opting for a different idea. Landing on the outskirts of the valley, he armed himself with what he had on his ship. One quarterstaff, a couple of his special grenades, and a blaster later, he began his walk through the forest toward the jedi temple.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

"From what I've heard, Piccolo is reasonably honorable. He wouldn't have come here to hunt you under a flag of truce, especially if he owes you a favor. Let him land."

In any other situation, Armiena would have behaved in a manner similar to a little girl on a Yule Day morning, ripping through her presents with Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture blaring in her mind. However, with the threat of battle focusing her somewhat, she regarded each of Ara's creations with close attention, taking in her every word with the seriousness of an experienced soldier. Armiena didn't even react adversely to the short sword that Ara present her with. The abrupt change in her demeanor was almost frightening.

"I understand." She nodded, accepting the pieces of the crystalline breastplate and fitting them under her robe. Protection... without a regrettable reliance on esoteric technology or brute layers of metal. Ideal for her style of fighting--the armor wasn't impenetrable, but her natural agility would help her absorb the precise blows that could bypass its defenses. Even more so, it was comfortable, to the point that she could wear it for long periods of time without suffering from encumbrance.

Like crystal clothing.

The short sword, Armiena accepted with nothing but thanks and a brief examination to study the blade's balance. It was perhaps too heavy to be thrown accurately, she decided, but it was also too valuable a weapon to be tossed aside so recklessly.

"One of your lightsabers was a loss--Faust managed to smash most of the hilt and two of the focusing crystals." Misal explained as her daughter opened the armored box to examine the rest of her new weapons. "One of my... friends... thought that you would like it."

Armiena retrieved the weapon that her mother spoke of. A machined hilt was in her hand, and a pair of long, sinewy cords leaped up to the ceiling. One was dull and metallic, but the other clearly was made of some special construction: it was streaked with spots of ebony, sapphire, and ruby. The Jedi Grandmaster made the connection quickly. It had been made from the shards of her defeated lightsaber.

A vibrating field of silver light streaked up the length of the other cord; Armiena suddenly treated the weapon with due caution, due to her lack of experience with the lightwhip. That weapon was one of the most exotic used by the Jedi or Sith, and they were rarely seen throughout the history of either Order. Indeed, the only living person Armiena knew of that used one was Alora Darkknell. She couldn't wait to train with it, but for the moment, it would have to be a secondary weapon.

Armiena, Misal, and Aryian all exchanged glances. Silver had always been the color of his lightsabers; what could he be thinking about this development?

The other lightsaber was perfectly intact; Armiena returned it to her belt without hesitation. Unfortunately, her gauntlet had been fitted to her left hand. Until she got a prosthetic--an impossible proposition, in the midst of battle--it would have to lie in darkness and disuse.

"Now... I'm feeling a lot more like myself." She smiled faintly. All that was missing was a blaster pistol and a few grenades or other handy explosives. Just for the heck of it, Armiena cracked her new lightwhip, gouging a glowing line of light into the floor of Temple on accident. It was going to take a lot of practice to learn to use that weapon without causing too much collateral damage, she decided. "Let's kick ass, strike poses, and skillfully use our environment to knock our foes unconscious, shall we?"

They were the A-Team of the Jedi, after all.

drayyy.png

Piccolo's ship detected increased comm activity in other areas of the Gala. The Black Sun Captain had fought long enough to now that was one sign of a brewing conflict. He was not sure how this would affect his plans, if at all.

It would hamper them in all likelihood.

The hunter would have preferred not delaying this meeting for so long. It was long overdue. But internal strife within his organization had tied his hands. Now though, Piccolo had more freedom. He landed his ship after receiving permission. He did not enter the Jedi Temple, but waited for Ara-lai outside, certain she would sense his presence with her Force trickery. Piccolo had no desire to be amongst so many Jedi. The Temple was not a place he would feel welcome, and Piccolo wanted this to go forward with as little tension as possible. Piccolo was here, not for war against the Jedi, but to make war with the Jedi. Piccolo had fought with Jedi before, but not for a long time, not since the days of Master Adi-wan Tinova. Between that time and now, Piccolo had developed a mutual animosity toward them. He still did not care for Jedi, but things had changed. Most of his most hated enemies in the Order, men like Jareth Vermillios and Ben'a Solo were dead. He knew few of the current crop of Jedi now, and his desire to destroy the Order had dropped from firey inferno, to a smoldering ember. It still existed, but Piccolo had swallowed his pride to ally himself with people he disliked on many occassions.

And of course, the one Jedi I do know, I owe my existence to.

Piccolo could find no malice in his heart for her. Indeed, he was a little ashamed that years ago he had tried to take the bounty on Ara's head. It was fortunate for him, she had disappeared, or she might not have been around to save his life.

That is why I chose her to contact. She has seen into my soul. She has seen more about my true nature than even I have.

He remembered Ara's willingness to save him, with no request for compensation. The Dark Jedi tried to steal Piccolo's soul as retribution for killing Crimson Morpheus. Ara was the most powerful Jedi, and the Black Sun sought her help. The Sith, their supposed allies, were too fearful of the Dark Jedi. Indeed, during that time and later, many had betrayed Piccolo and the Black Sun, including the Sith and the Empire. They abandoned them to the wolves, after the Black Sun bailed them out numerous times. Piccolo intended to seek retribution, beginning with this unthinkable meeting and hopefully a reconciliation with those who he hoped were as loyal as their ideals professed.

Aryian crosed his brow momentarily as Misal Draygo prepared to attack him, but Aryian didn't flinch. He'd been through more than enough to know an empty threat when he heard one. At least...he thought he'd been through more than enough...those memories were still faintly fuzzy.

"Calm. I meant no disrespect, neither did I expect to hear your last words as I walked up. Such misunderstandings have been the cause of galactic wars, and I do not intend to start a war between us here or now. Besides..."

He tensed up as the others did, reaching for his electrum lightsaber. The others said a few things, but Aryian was focused in on the Sith, gathering a massive amount of Force to himself in preparation of the imminent fighting. He spoke low, to nobody in particular, simply speaking his mind.

"From war to war...it seems my destiny. I can never settle down, marry, lead a normal life without the Sith attempting to destroy all I hold dear around me. I wonder...do they ever tire of the fight? They come close to invoking my anger, and yet they are still eternities away. Such actions can only sadden me now, yet I realize they are necessary evils. And we are nothing more than the counterbalance to bring the Galaxy to normality, cursed to be bound to these dogs as long as we breathe air."

He gestured, pointing with his lightsaber as his sky blue blade ignited with a snap-hiss. The soft thrum hung in the air for a few moments before Aryian flourished the blade, bringing it back down to a low yet ready Juyo stance. He raised his voice a little so that all in the group could hear him clearly, addressing Armiena.

"Lead on, Armiena. We will make the Sith atone for their actions this day."

((OK has my permission to move Aryian to wherever his char goes.))

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

((It should be known that the crystal blade is actually surprisingly light, only due to the fact that it was Force-made and Force-imbued. It wouldn't be 'feather light' or anything, but definitely lighter than a normal short-sword of comparable size. For the record, Sanare is like a full length katana or long sword in comparison. ))

Ara watched Armiena accept all her gifts with interest. She seemed pleased with the breastplate, at least, which made Ara feel somewhat accomplished, and the dagger was pleased with Armiena, another good omen. Granted, the Sith are a bad omen, but...

The lightwhip was something new to Ara as well, and she could see Armiena's own unfamiliarity with the weapon. Knowing what she did about the Jedi Grandmaster, though, she would become an expert on the new weapon in her arsenal in no time. The gaze between the family trio didn't go unnoticed by Ara, but she wasn't quite entirely sure what was going on. Perhaps, she figured, it was a matter best left within the family, even if Aryian was like a brother to her.

As soon as Armiena mentioned going to battle, Ara spoke up, digging into one of her numerous pouches as she did so. "I can meet up with you later; I'm sorry to say that I apparently have an appointment with Piccolo that I have to make first." She dug further into her side pouch before letting out a triumphant, "Ha!" Ara pulled out an even smaller pouch, which she unrolled to reveal a set of five throwing knives and two small colored gems.

"I think you could use these more than me. Plain old throwing knives, nothing special, but then there are these two sharp, pointy 'rocks'." She rolled up the pouch and tossed it to Armiena. "Give 'em a quick Force charge and a target, and let them go. They're similar in origin to the crystal I used primarily for Sanare and your short sword, but they'll only retain a 'memory' for a short time with the charge you give. With that charge, though..." Ara made a whooshing sort of noise, like a ship going through hyperspace, and waved one arm around wildly. "Annoying and injury causing. Lovely little things I discovered on Ilum."

Ara bowed separately to Aryian, Armiena, and Misal in turn. "May the Force be with you all. I should be back with you two in short order, if all goes well." She gave a short wink to Aryian and Armiena before withdrawing Sanare from it's sheath and running off to meet Piccolo just outside the base. No sense taking chances, though it's not Piccolo I'm worried about.

Just outside the temple, Piccolo was waiting. Ara could sense his unease at being here, even before he was in her sight. Announcing her presence to him, she walked up calmly, giving a short bow as she approached. "It is good to see you, though I'm guessing the circumstances behind your visit are less than joyous."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Armiena continued to accept the pointed goodies with a small amount of enthusiasm, noting with some pleasure that her belt was gaining a considerable amount of weight. The familiar sag around her waist was a welcome comfort, especially given that her charge into battle was imminent.

I could swear I've seen these buggers before... It had been quite a while ago, when the Jedi Grandmaster had constructed her gauntlet from similar materials on Ilum (although her work wasn't nearly as refined as Ara's, she noted with some displeasure). She'd encountered these critters, although Armiena had simply followed them into the darkness of the caverns and then left them behind to do whatever... living... crystal... critters did in their free time.

Armiena hadn't understood half of what had happened on that day.

"No need for that kind of formality, love. I think it's best described as 'time to kick ass and drink beer, and I just found out that some scavenger raided my stash and stole my last bottle.' That scavenger will pay, believe me, but we've got a more serious problem to deal with right now." Armiena linked her right arm through Aryian's left, and the couple walked off to battle, terror, and bloody glory.

"The couple that slays to... never mind." As they walked away, Misal kicked herself for almost voicing the obvious cliché regarding their exit. However, it appeared that her daughter had once again forgotten something, so she slid out her own comlink, and, calling to the Force and screwing up her own voice, spoke into it.

"Attention, all Jedi." She spoke a perfect imitation of Armiena's voice. "Sith have landed at the Rebel base on this planet. We are to go to the aid of the Rebels, but do not go alone. Um..." Misal simply couldn't do it; she couldn't bring herself to quote an obscure Mandalorian poem or voice a ridiculous battle cry. "Just go make some corpses, you uptight, duality-loving pansies."

"Our noble steeds, my Lord." Armiena spoke with a teasingly formal accent as they approached their respective ships. This particular routine been inspired by her fiance's short speech before preparing for battle, and until he relented or they were engaged in battle, she intended to deliver these mild jabs at him.

"I fair thee well, good sir, until we meet again on the field of battle and draw swords together." The corner of her lips quirked in a smile; she leaned into him and kissed him on the cheek before retreating up the boarding ramp of Ghost Breath and Aryian attended to his own Blur.

"This day is seriously going to suck." Armiena decided as she sat down in her position in the cockpit and noted thankfully that her armor had been built with comfort in mind. After sending a few communications to some of her assets on the planet and abroad, she completed the gunship's start-up sequence and went soaring into the sky like an obsidian bird of prey.

((To the Rebel Base, then. But I'm exhausted. Will write up our entrance in the morn.))

drayyy.png

Kirlocca just sat as commotion broke out all around the dojo. He did not want Zeph to think that they were being rushed, despite the fact that the kid didn't know what was going on anyways. As Zeph sat and ate his food, people raced by the mess hall doors, and some announcements went over head, yet the kid just continued to eat, ignoring the world around him. ...It comes so easy for you....

Kirlocca smiled as the boy looked up at him. He was unsure of a lot of things that were going on in his life, but the deepest part of him knew it was the right decision for him to take Zeph on. But the council...will they approve? Kirlocca pushed the thought down. He was sure they would understand and allow for the kid to stay under his care. And even if they didn't, Kirlocca would leave to raise him.

Zeph made some kind of movement that caught Kirlocca's eye. When he looked down, he saw that he was done eating. "That didn't take long...do you want more?" "No." Kirlocca picked up his bowl and carried it back into the galley and then walked back to Zeph. When he got back he picked up Zeph into his arms. "I guess I shall show you around this place, since it's hopefully going to be your new home." Zeph didn't say anything, all he did was bury his head into Kirlocca.

The message was heard loud and clear in the training room where Gavin and Damon were.

The test of skill Gavin was being given would be put on hold. With out so much of a flicker Damon took a vast amount of the force in and pushed back Gavin with a shock wave. As Gavin traveled Damon caught him and pulled the lances from his hand.

"Gavin it seems sith have landed on Gala. I am an Alliance Officer who must perform his duties and protect the base as well as stop the sith. I would rather you not come with me as I have not trained you no where near enough however if you wish to come you will do as I say. I am now leaving after I make a stop at a chamber."

Damon left to a holding area for possiens and other items. It was here he unclipped two silver light sabers from his belt and placed them in the safe. He also unclipped his long saber. He activated it to normal lentgh and then extened it to its 3 times length before deactiviting it. He passed it to Gavin.

"This is a long saber. It has two settings. Normal and exteneded. You are allowed to use this to protect yourself. Do not use it unless you can avoid it. You will use this weapon untill we forge your own on Illum."

Damon not sure how much more Gavin would follow. However Damon did forget one thing protection. He was not sure how many sith forces were there and fighting in robes was not the best idea. He made to armory and suited up in light battle armor. It was rigid and rather not made for comfort. With a smirk he realised he would need to make some after this matter was dealt with.

Finally arriving at the hangar Damon looked at Gavin if you are comming wait a bit before I leave however I would rather you train yourself untill I return. Figuer out how I completed the abillities I did. However this time the choice is yours.

Entering a small fighter Damon left the hangar and headed to the Alliance base which he had put so much effort into making.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Piccolo nodded affirmatively, but he wasn't so sure. Jedi and bounty hunters had a very different idea of what was joyous. The prospect of battle was very joyous for Piccolo.

"I guess in a way I have come to fulfill my debt. I didn't feel like waiting around for you to get in trouble any longer. A Jedi like yourself isn't likely to need my help anyway. But perhaps your whole Order could use it. I'm going to make this as simple as I can. I've killed many Jedi, some I'm sure you knew. I'm not apologizing for it, I'm just saying what we both know to be true. I didn't do it out of malice. I've killed many Sith as well"

Of course, Piccolo had killed more Jedi, and there was a touch of malice to it. Piccolo couldn't deny he had developed a dislike of the Jedi. But he could honestly say that had never been his primary motivation.

"I did it to benefit my organization, an organization I've now lost control of primarily because those who I helped by killing Jedi decided to abandon us in our time of need. I want to change the course of the Black Sun even from my position as a mere council member. Perhaps you know the feeling of that as a Jedi. The fact is, the Jedi would benefit from another enemy against their murderous foes. I can do things the Jedi can't do. There's no need to elaborate, we both know what they are. I want to do those things against the Sith Order. I'm proposing a unity to that affect. I can't say its an alliance, I'm suggesting we have a mutual foe, and that I can provide forces to supplement the Jedi against this foe."

Piccolo had no idea how Ara would react. He remembered proposing a similar agreement to Onderin many years ago. The Admiral had taken the agreement. But he was acting on the part of the Republic, not the Jedi. Piccolo had no knowledge of whether Ara even had the power to accept his help, let alone whether her code would prevent it.

The Jedi code is always full of contradictions and half-truths.

Piccolo waited for her response. His faceless visor betrayed no emotion. Piccolo didn't know though if that visor was enough to hide his feelings. He had been enraged when Adi-wan had attempted to read his thoughts. Piccolo hated that Jedi trick, but Adi-wan had wanted him to know he was doing it. For all Piccolo knew she could be secretly reading his thoughts now.

edited, double negative.

Edited by Guest

Mrakhh was still walking when he heard the message about the sith at the rebel base. They were calling Jedi. Mrakhh was no Jedi. He wasn't even affiliated with the Jedi. But Mrakhh knew one thing. He was a warrior, and was not meant to sit around waiting for a master to pick him up. In the middle of batlle was where Mrakhh belonged. Mrakhh checked his weapons, then ran back to his ship and took off towards where the Rebel base was. Or at least where he thought it was...

5xdgpzt.jpg

Brad heard the call for battle, and would take up arms and answer it. He ran back to the hanger as quickly as he could and quick started his X-Wing. The small and agile craft was quickly on its way towards the Alliance base on Gala. He prayed that he would not be too late to aid his allies. "Artoo, be ready to fly this thing. We're going to make an entrance."

WarrenEdit.jpg

Ara took a moment to think the proposal over. Piccolo was offering up part of an organization that he ran, a less-than-savory sort of organization, to help the Jedi out against their now-common foe. Granted, that same group had killed Jedi in the past, Piccolo had even brought that up himself. But we do now share that same enemy, and even simply agreeing to not harm one another in favor of fighting that same enemy would be helpful...

The Jedi Master looked at Piccolo, his face visor not betraying any of his feelings towards the current situation. It was odd, not to be able to see the face of who you were talking to, particularly in such a situation as she was in right then, but then again she was never very good at reading expressions anyway. However, she did recall his soul, what she had seen there, and Ara couldn't help but come to the conclusion that he meant no harm in his proposition--at least, harm to the Jedi, and presumably those who would ally with the Jedi as well.

"I believe that...particularly given the current plight the Jedi are facing..." Ara offered up a soft smile. "...I can, on behalf of at least most of the Jedi, agree to this 'unity'. Even if I am not technically in such a position to accept, I think my seniority in the Order will override any objections." Her eyes shimmered, the red mark on her brow flickering. "And I've seen--I know--" She pursed her lips, trying to find the right words. "Overall, you are a good man. You keep to your word, and I know that I can trust you in this...endeavor."

Ara turned her eyes to the sky above them, looking at the oncoming Sith attack. "...I hate to be pushy, but how soon would this 'unity effort' begin? We seem to be under attack as it is right now."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Piccolo knew what she was alluding to. She had seen his soul. It was a strange set of circumstances that had caused him to be so indebted to this Jedi. Piccolo could not bring himself to look at her eyes with the knowledge of how well she actually knew him. It had been silly to fear her reading his thoughts, after she'd already seen so much more.

I've been called a lot of things, but good has definitely never been one of them.

Piccolo liked it, even though he knew in his heart the Jedi was mistaken about his true nature.

"It can began right now. Just keep your Force wizards out of my way."

Piccolo returned to his ship, and headed for the battle scene, but not before sending a message to the Citadel.

Ara smiled as Piccolo jetted off to the Rebel Base on the planet. He really does have good in him, if he'd just listen to it more often. I know it's there. Now he just has to find it himself.

"Mother? What are we going to do now?" Sanare said, popping up next to Ara in its semi-physical state. Its eyes were glowing a faint green-blue color as it stared at Ara. "Armiena and Aryian are over with the Darkness on this planet."

Ara nodded, waving the sword around lightly, as if readying herself for training--or battle. "I told them we'd meet up with them in a moment. Now that we're finished with Piccolo." She looked at her sword. "Would you mind sending a message to Armiena via your sibling dagger? She needs to know that Piccolo sends help to the Jedi, not harm." Sanare nodded, shimmering hair bobbing, before retreating into blade-form once more. Ara held the hilt tightly as the blade vibrated madly. She heard the softest of tones as Sanare relayed the message to Armiena's short sword/dagger.

Once Sanare was done, the blade ceased moving, but stayed in its physical form. "I sent the message, Mother. Are we to join them?"

Ara took a deep breath and tucked her glasses away. Replacing them, she pulled her multi-color goggles about her eyes, connecting to them via the Force around her. She glanced off in the distance and began to make her way to the Rebel Base.

"Yes, we are going to join them."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Even as Kirlocca walked the halls of the Jedi dojo, he felt the distress of the battle raging on not far from where he was. He could feel death pour into the force, and the Jedi master began to hope that Zeph would not feel it too. Kirlocca knew his skill could be used to aid the fight, but he also had other responsibilities that he had to place on higher priority. One of which was Zeph, the three year old boy in his care. Although, the kid did begin to fall asleep in his arms as the two made their way back to his quarters. Kirlocca felt a strong sense to stay with him and protect him no matter what.

A decision that will bring forth consequences from the Jedi council...but I am ready to face that when the time comes...But did he mean it? Kirlocca didn't know if it was just words he pushed out, or perhaps, maybe he meant it. He didn't have the time at the moment to debate it all in his head, Zeph had now fallen asleep, and even as the wookiee placed his in the bed, Kirlocca felt a tingle run down his spin, not so much a danger sense, but a warning of attachment. Even if I can deal with the council...can I deal with myself? He shook his furry head. Right now, most of the Jedi masters and knights where not far off fighting some threat.

Kirlocca fell into a meditation trance on the floor in his quarters. He slowly reach out through the force, touching the minds of his allies who were fighting. Kirlocca made an attempt to aid them with a form of Battle Meditation and a Force Meld...

((Not sure if it's legal...but from what I could, there are no rules against it...))

Emerging from the clone chambers Damon awoke soaked in the material and hating the feel it had. Cold and slimely...Of course naked as well. Next to the chamber as was standard was of course a jedi robe. After a towel off Damon dressed and left the chambers. He had died in combat. He had failed due to his own lack of focus. Exodus entering his mind had diveded him and left open to Ryu. Damon knew that by singeling out Exodus from the three was his down fall. He hoped all was faring well however for now he had only one ption he could really do. That was of course to find Gavin and train him more.

Wondering though the base Damon found Gavin in meditation and it thought. Gavin had appearntly been doing as he was asked. He spoke to Gavin and roused him from his meditiave state.

"I am glad you have been taking to heart my words. I have not succeded at the base. I hope the others are faring well however my mission had returned to what it was. I am to teach you the last of what you will need to know before your test. Come Gavin let us go."

What in...?

Misal Draygo, who was formerly staring at the inside of her veil in deep thought, brought her head up as a curious sensation in the Force distracted her. It was on Coruscant... whispering out to her... then it died without a trace.

Armiena can take care of herself. And if not, that's what her fiance and her friends are for. I need to look into this. Although Coruscant was blockaded by the majority of the Imperial fleet, bypassing it would be a laughable matter; that planet was literally impossible to secure through any means, and a handful of ships couldn't possibly control even a fraction of its cramped trade routes.

Once Misal had ensured that the Jedi Temple's security systems were active, she claimed one of the Jedi starfighters, a speedy little E-Wing that had been heavily modified to serve as an unarmed messenger ship. She was gone within minutes.

drayyy.png

Kirlocca found himself just sitting down in his quarters, not really able to aid the Jedi at the Alliance base so much. So, the Jedi master just sat and listened to the sound of Zeph sleeping behind him. Kirlocca wasn't even sure Zeph was his real name. He hadn't done what a Jedi should have done in his situation, in stead, he did a very human thing to do.

Where have I gone wrong? I use to be at the top of my game, now...I'm babysitting. The wookiee shook his head, trying not to think of what he was doing as babysitting. The kid has nowhere to go, and he seemed to attach himself to me right away...maybe this is the will of the force. Kirlocca stood up, he couldn't stay at the kids side anymore, more for his own sanity then not wanting to. He placed a comlink on a table next to the bed where the boy slept. He left it on so he would know when he woke up.

Kirlocca carefully shut the door as he left and made his way through the dojo, trying to clear his thoughts. Part of him wanted to race over and aid the Jedi at the Alliance base, just to fall back into what he knew by heart. But the other apart of him told him to stay with the kid, that he would need his care more then the Jedi fighting needed another fighter. He was torn in two, and what was worse was the fact that no one was around to counsel him through his troubles, not even his old friend Kitt.

Kirlocca made a full two laps around the entire dojo before he heard noise over his comlink, letting him know that the young boy had awaken at last. Kirlocca made his way back to his quarters to check in. He opened the door to find him sitting in an upright position, smiling at him with great intent. "I'll take it you're refreshed..." When the smile left the boys face, Kirlocca realized that once again, most of the words he used the kid would not understand until later. Kirlocca picked the boy up and took him to the medical part of the dojo. Zeph was not like most three year old boys, he was happy to just be in the Jedi masters arms then speaking.

As the two walked into the medical center, Kirlocca began to look for a file that would tell him what he needed to do with the boy to figure out what his health condition was in. Once he found the file, he made his attempt to place the boy down and begin his work on the boy.

• 2 weeks later...

The Togorian awoke. He looked around. He didn't know when, why, and where he was. Suddenly, it came to him. His name was Mrakhh, he had just been killed by a sith apprentice. A female...

Mrakhh sat up, trying to get everything straight. He had been cloned, that much was clear. By who, he didn't know. It didn't really matter. What was important now was to find his belongings, his ship, and get out of here.

When he had found his clothes, weapons, and the rest of his personal items, mrakhh ran outside the temple and started looking for his ship. He searched his memory, trying to remember where he had landed before getting into this mess. Finaly, he found his ship. He climbed in and took off into hyperspace, getting as far away from the battle below.

5xdgpzt.jpg

((I'm so sorry that it took me so freakishly long to post. I honestly didn't know you posted, then I had band camp and drum camp and school reading and this past like three weeks have been really hectic. But school starts in like four days, so things will calm down and my time to post will increase.))

Gavin had been sitting in meditation for hours when Damon finally appeared back in the training room. His master summoned him and Gavin stood, following his master.

"I'm sorry that you failed in your task at the Rebel Base, master. But I am glad you have returned to teach me. I am open to your teaching. Let us continue where we left off, no?"

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

Kirlocca made his movements quick and fast. The last thing he wanted was for the boy to become fussy. As the Jedi master worked on the boy, figuring out his blood type and things that would be important for the future, he made smiles and gestures at him to keep him entertained. Even more so, his mind refused to remain on he task at hand and kept drifting off to other places. His mind kept bringing up the past, things the wookiee was not proud of, and things he was very proud of. His mind would drift on to the future and wonder what kind of a Jedi would he be with a son that technically wasn't his. Kirlocca did his best to push the thoughts down. I need to see Skye about this.

Kirlocca's full attention was brought back into the present when he heard the boy speak up. "So...when can I play?" It was a question Kirlocca did not expect, yet some how knew he should have. "Umm...in about five minutes...or more. It all depends on how still you can sit for me until I finish buddy." The boy let out a sigh, Kirlocca wished he could do the same. A beep from a near console let the Jedi master know that some of the results were down. Kirlocca walked over and began to read through it, even though he wasn't sure what he was reading most of the time.

"Well, at least the computer knows you're a boy." He heard the boy laugh at the statement, but the wookiee knew he didn't fully get what he had meant. He continued to read through the mess of words that made no sense to the wookiee until he found something he could understand. "It has you registered at Holden Zephan..." "Ittl Zeph." Holden said. Kirlocca then caught on to what he meant by that when he first told him his name. "Little Zeph is your nickname. Holden is your real name." "Littl Zeph!" It seemed to be the boys fixation. Kirlocca wasn't sure whether or not he should correct it. For the moment, the Jedi master let it remain. A small voice told him to be parent first, jedi master second for the kid.

"Yes and No Gavin. No need for us to continue our spar. The spar above all else was to show you some of the possibities of the force. One that I will teach you now is the force sheild or as it is also called the force barrier. Till now you have only used the force on objecits and yourself. With the exception of the push and pull you have never created anything from the force. Pay attetion. Because due to how you are developing how we both do the higher and more complicted task will vary. For instince."

Damon took the force into his hands while it took more than a moment a thick and clearly solid barrier formed in front of Gavin.

"How I create this barrier requires me to think about it in my mind. I must first use gather the force with in my hands and then tell it my will. The barrier then forms and will hold as long as I require it to. However if I lose focus, conciness, or die the barrier will fade. That is how I perform this feat. You however. Once you really gain profecincy with this feat should in theory be able to sumon one right above your skin instantly to absorb a blow but then vanish. However right now we are simply working on you creating a force barrier."

Damon motioned for him to try.

"You have gain quite a focus of late. It is this focus you have that is the key to your success. Now this barrier will take a bit to figuer out however it will feel natural once you know how."