Onderon

As the shuttle arrived above Onderon, Karys awoke from what sleep he could get while on the journey, having not immediately searched for something to free himself...it was better to be rested and ready he thought and then work on escape. The sound of alarm bells ringing, informed of his imminent arrival at the intended destination. And yet he was still in a predicament...he was still bound by stuncuffs, both his hands and feet.

A result of that no good Bothan section chief, whom had tricked him when he had attempted to persuade the man to free him he recalled. Someday he would repay that favour but for now he had far bigger concerns. Shuffling as best he could the massassi attempted to right himself, only getting so far as to lean against against a wall while holding his hands in front of himself as his eyes searched for anything useful that could aid in fiddling the electronic locks open to at least the cuffs on his feet, and then he could get up and throw those infernal lizards out the nearest airlock and let the Force do the rest.

Using the wall, the massassi lent hard against it before putting the weight on his back, and using his feet to slowly bright himself, even if it did hurt his ankles slightly in the process. The pain was minimal however, and soon enough he was again on his feet even if the movement was limited for the time being.

After a good 20 minutes shuffling about the shuttle, searching for anything useful with mixed results...Karys finally came upon something he thought he could use. A jagged piece of metal that was loose, pulling it away he looked at it. Just the right size to fit in the electronic component, he found another equally satisfactory piece on another wall, by the floor.

Taking both pieces, the massassi sat down, or rather slumped down and set to work.

As best he was able given his current condition, he moved one component and another, re-wiring and hoping for the best...he knew the next part was going to hurt...alot. Pain however was a feeling he had grown all too accustomed too and thus he was ready for it. Sticking both into certain positions, touching wires in a circuit, he felt a massive jolt of electricity shoot through him as his attempts in affect short circuited the electronic components inside and killed the stuncuffs power.

Allowing him to open them.

He slung the stuncuffs on his feet aside, and stood up properly for the first time in some time. He sued the same process to remove those on his hands, the smell of slightly burnt flesh entered the air...but it was worth it he thought for he was now free.

His first free movement was to remove the lizards....and remove them he did. Picking up the reptiles nutrient cage he marched it to the airlock and systematically sent the cage into the vacuum of space that surrounded Onderon.

He hoped they enjoyed their new home.

With their presence removed Karys felt a old friend return. A familiar feeling, the Force. And with it came a sense of relieve...that he was now complete. His ruminations were interrupted suddenly by the sound of more alarms blurring. This time it was of several fighters headed his way. Sith and Black Sun fighters.

Heading to the cockpit, Karys was confronted by a awe inspiring sight before him. A large contingent of Forces both Sith and Black sun seemed to have occupied the space surrounding Onderon. Along with two Golan II platforms that were hovering nearby, there was alot of security...and reconstruction going on.

It appeared the rumors were true. A new Dark Lord was in charge, the sight before him and the Force confirmed it. The Dark was growing it seemed at a feverish pace and the web was growing with each moment.

It brang a smile to his face to know that despite losing his personal battle the Order as a whole was winning the war thus far. The massassi was quick to send a reply using a Order verification code as to avoid being blasted by his own allies.

Although he had quite a bit of explaining to do no doubt. Regardless at the very least this brief stop would allow him to pick up some armour and weapons that needed replacing. And then he would travel Korriban...both to pay his respects to his dead father in the ritualistic funeral rites given to those of important status among his people and to remake his lost saber.

And maybe make some improvements upon the design and defences in the process.

"Attention Onderon Defence Force. Stand down and hold fire, this is Karys Narat iv-Adas, apprentice to Sheog The Mad...authentication code has been sent. I am here on a brief stop to resupply both armour and weapons before meeting my master, having just escaped Galactic Alliance custody. Do I have permission to proceed to the surface and carry out my objective?"

Karys waited for an answer, as he did he allowed himself to enter the Force. The Dark was ever present, and as suspected growing....strengthening. Just as the Light and it's hold was weakening. Yet again he smiled.

It truly was a time for the Sith. They're time had come...or so he thought.

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

The large cargo barge pulled out of hyperspace above Onderon, checking in with and landing in short order at the Iziz spaceport. The capital city was beautiful if nothing else, the major resources of the planet having been siphoned to this city in particular as the center of trade and politics.

Aryian stretched as he walked down the ramp, not bothering to check if Faux had followed him, he could feel her not far behind. "So, where to first? Anxious to train more, or would you like to see some sights?"

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Black Sun Agent Jarmall Kalinjeed opened up his comm board and searched the incoming communications, he selected one from a Sith aligned shuttle under the pilot of Karys. He answered, his thick accent made him rather hard to understand.

“Yes hello, please do land, you are clear for resupply on Iziz, if you have identification please present it to the authorities upon landing. Thank you.”

He provided a flight plan to the shuttle and within a few minutes the shuttle would be able to land outside the Iziz Intercultural Bazaar. Where much interesting equipment, and apparal was able to be bought.

pJzctEZ.png

Karys was slightly relieved when the fighters backed away, allowing him to take the GA issued shuttle to the surface below. Sitting as best he could inside the cramped confines of the cockpit...the massassi took in the sights of the city as he approached the Iziz spaceport.

There appeared to be yet more construction, far more than had been above the planet.

Once landed at the correct birth, opening the ramp, Karys strolled confidently even despite his odd appearance...still wearing his Galactic Alliance issued prison clothing. Which was sure to raise questions, another problem was apparent too. That Jedi had also stolen his credits and identification.

So he had only one apparent choice. Try to explain why he was in the prison clothing and without identification to the authorities. It was sure to get a chuckle out of them...at least until he threatened to snap a neck or so.

He was not in the best of moods. Approaching customs, he stood silent allowing them the first words, speaking only to speak his name and acquire what he needed.

"I am Karys Narat iv-Adas, massassi and apprentice to Sheog The Mad. I have no identification or items of any kind...not even accursed credits. I have just recently escaped the custody of the Galactic Alliance, I am in need of new clothing...preferably military in nature, some weapons and if you can provide it a ship that can ferry me to Korriban.

It is important I get there as quick as possible. To rebuild my lightsaber, and return to my master thereafter."

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

The Black Sun agent at the customs gate exchanged a look with his Sith counterpart and then together they laughed at the hulking massassi Sith Apprentice.

“Well welcome to Onderon Master Sith!” Shouted the Black Sun agent as he consulted his datapad for information on the hulking Sith. He smiled widely and gestured towards the Bazaar.

“You are free to enter, and free to shop on Sith Credit. We have sent out a message for your master to join you here. As the next ship to Korriban leaves in a week.”

pJzctEZ.png

Iziz looked beatiful from the viewport. As the cargo ship broke atmosphere, Faux found herself tranfixed, in awe of the sprawling, white cityscape unfolding before her. All around the city rose a massive wall. The city's entry on her datapad said the wall was to keep out the many savage beasts of Onderon's lush jungles. It must have felt nice, she thought, to live in a place so removed from the dangerous elements of nature. Tatooine had nothing close toward protecting its citizens. And the white architecture felt so much cleaner than the reddish beige everything in the desert was made out of. She wasn't even on the ground yet and she loved Iziz.

As she and Aryian left the ship he gave her the option of exploring or continuing her training. Immediately Faux was torn between her two curiosities. Training always felt blike it took priority, but she wasn't sure how long they were going to be staying on Onderon. Perhaps it would be wise for them to get a feel for their surroundings...and look at all the new, shiney things.

"Let's walkabout for a while, see what we can see." She made no attempt to hide her wonder, quickening her pace to pull ahead of Aryian, her eyes darting to every new thing that they passed.

WvXWkuw.png

Smirking, the Grey Master followed behind, relishing every step, the sweet scent of every breath. From the moment he'd stepped off the ship's ramp, he knew something large was coming, but until it came, he wanted to enjoy himself.

Naturally, the market district was the first stop, and Aryian gave Faux a credit chit loaded with enough credits to purchase whatever she needed. Little did she know it was keyed to Aryian's old bank account that was little more than a final resting place for a salami slicer virus that infested the software of most of the larger banking corporations in the galaxy.

Quietly, the older man got a cup of soup, and watched. Not just Faux, but everything.

Blz1mwg.png

___

Over the course of the weeks prior, the capital of Onderon and the settlements that neared, lifted their hesitations of the new administration of power. It was an unfamiliar aura, one that the people believed would doom them as soon as the peaceful acquisition was completed. Truth was, this civilization had been anchored from the poor supervision of those that came before. Occupations opened up all across the districts; developmental work on structures that were left in poor conditions, professions that the Black Sun provided the people, depreciated defenses that left the public at risk had now been re-tooled and reinforced. The treasuries swelled, public morale sky-rocketed and the safety of the general population had never been this invested in. Crime was at an all-time low, and order had been established across the board with teams of councils to dole out new legislation. Open trade boomed louder than ever, which was illustrated by the amount of off-world vessels that charted back and forth.

The alliance between the Sith and the Black Sun coined a brilliant theme of collaboration that the communities took note of, and even employed into their own everyday lives. Ever since the Jedi had abandoned them, enthusiasts made their voices well-known, condemning the dogmatic preachings of the Jedi and embracing the freedom and liberation that Emperor of the Sith had driven. Consecrated places of worship became a new trend throughout Iziz, a service to the Dark Lord and what his power meant to them. This was the healthiest the settled localities of Onderon had been, especially with a subdued fear from the creatures that remained outside of the wall. The Sith and Black Sun made it sport to hunt these creatures, and host monumental feasts with the public in celebration. The communion between the Onderonians, the Sith, and the Black Sun had bonded the three parts into one. They began to share their beliefs to the core, and preach them as their own, a mental conviction of strengthening self fundamentally by any means. Growth of Onderon, and its people, was at last blossoming.

"Na-hah ur su ka-haat.

Su ka haru aat"

As she wandered, wide eyed and amazed with every little thing, Faux couldn't help but feel her spirits lifted by the shared exuberance from the people she passed. Aryian had fallen behind somewhere, but oddly she remained vaguely aware of his presence in the massive crowd as she let herself be swallowed by it. It felt so liberating being among so many and to be looked over as just another part of the crowd. She could go where she wanted, stare at and fiddle with whatever shineys caught her eye and no one troubled her. There were stores for everything. Parts, tools, art, clothes, childrens toys, weapons, food from many reaches of the galaxy, baubles for every nuanced look, paints she noticed many women accentuated themselves with, everything she could think of and so much more she could never imagine.

The only time she noticed glances in her direction were when idle eyes stumbled across her lightsaber with a dire recognition, but whatever the weapon meant to these people they were polite or afraid enough to keep to themselves. Never the less, the attention was enough to put a stutter in her peaceful anonimity mingling in the crowd, and pressed her for the need to buy some sort of coat or cloak to hide the public disturbance. Pity, though, as she was thoroughly enjoying the open air on her skin.

Perusing through the clothing stores as she came upon them, Faux found the experience of shopping strange. Every article of clothing she had ever worn had been things given to her by the monks that raised her, and their aesthetic had always fallen under 'form follows function'. With so many options available, it felt like she was designing a lightsaber all over again. So many variables to consider, like the durability of material, breathability if she were to pick a light jacket, insulation if she expected to go anywhere particularly cold, pockets, feel. Over seven seperate stores and four far too persistent sales clerks, it took Faux over two hours to settle on three options. Now, staring at the same jacket she had revisited four times now, Faux was sure the sales clerk thought she was strange. To be fair, this whole experience felt weird.

This jacket was knee length, covering the long lightsaber strapped to her thigh, made of a some sort of thick, dark brown cloth that was treated to block out rain, but woven in a way that still breathed. The interior lining felt cool and smooth on her skin, and the internal breast pocket and two outer pockets were pretty deep, too, something sorely lacking in most of the other 'women's' models she looked at. Best of all, when she buttoned it up it hugged her body well and held in heat enough to make space travel more tolerable. Finally sure of herself, she took the jacket to the counter and smiled courteously at the clerk.

"Find everything okay?" The clerk said with a candied, higher pitched than expected tone.

Confused, Faux narrowed her eyes slightly trying to figure out what the clerk meant. Was she supposed to buy something else? Was there a custom she was missing? "No, this was all I wanted. Thank you." She held her smile, though felt it waiver slightly in a panic that she was doing all of this wrong, maybe even breaking some sort of law somehow.

"You know," The clerk started, pausing to look around the store. "Your bag doesn't really go with this jacket. The rest of..." The clerk looked Faux over once, clearly appraising her. "Your ensemble fits, but that bag is no good."

"Its not?" Faux said, deflated and a little hurt as her congenial smile melted away with the looming realization that she had, indeed, frakked up.

"How about...this satchel. You seem like the traveling type who enjoys the liberty provided by larger carrying space."

"Well, I suppose I do travel a bit but..." But I've had this canvas bag for as long as I can remember.

"Yes," The clerk said boldly, holding up the satchel next to the jacket. They did have the same shade of dark brown, and the buttons were the exact same. Even the stitching thread was the same. "It's as if they were made for one another."

Would it be wrong of me to deny this pairing? Do these people believe in spirits in everything, and maybe these two things have spirits that are somehow connected? Will I offend these people if I refuse this pairing?

"I suppose I can't seperate them..."

"Smart decision!" Gleamed the clerk, ringing up the satchel without pause with a mechanical beep. "That will be seven hundred and fifty-five credits."

Faux fumbled for the credit chip Aryian had given her, handing it to the clerk and watched as she pressed it to her machine, chiming with an approved transaction and promptly returned to her. The machine printed out a small piece of paper detailing the transaction that the clerk handed her back with the credit chip. Faux said she didn't need a bag, putting on the jacket right away, putting her old satchel inside the newer, noticably bigger one.

As she left, Faux felt mentally drained. Shopping was exhausting. Gliding her hand across her lightsaber beneath her jacket, she closed her eyes and concentrated on Aryian, feeling him not far from where she had left him. Ten minutes of parsing he way through the crowd and the two of them were reunited.

"Is it some sort of custom or law that certain items have to pair with other things? Everything I looked at apparently came with several other things."

WvXWkuw.png

Lambda Shuttle Karlsruhe emerged from hyperspace near the Duel Golan III’s. It immediately hailed the Sith Golan, and upon receiving docking clearance, landed in the expansive docking bay. Colonel Alexandre Muloch, of the Sith aligned Onderon Defense force, and commander of the Golan waited with an honour guard for the young Sith Apprentice. He was enough of a Sith ally that the sight of the small Sith descending the ramp with all the haughty anger of a Sith Lord did not fill him with laughter, but instead intense veiled dread. The Commander of the Black Sun Guard, Liam Kaisong stood beside him, silent, his heart also filling with dread. He had served beside Delta on Dathomir the first time, and to see this child as a Sith broke his heart. But he was smart enough to not express such a thing.

The both bowed low to the Sith Apprentice and Telperiën gestured them to rise. Her voice was taught and low, her eyes a mix of yellow and purple. He stretched out her sense to encompass the golan and the capital city of Iziz below it. Though she did not recognize the force presences below her, she made no effort to hide her own presence from them. If the two Jedi below were looking in the force, they would sense a strangely powerful presence above them. She cocked her head to the side and fixed them both with a look of mild concern.

“We must prepare a defense of this world, assemble the armies, order your ships to begin training and mine the approaches. Our spies in the remnant tell us that their fleets may soon be on their way…” She fixed Muloch with all of her attention. “And send a shuttle for Karys Narat iv-Adas to meet us here. I have need of him.”

Seveal minutes later, a messenger from the Sith Garrison approached the Massassi bidding him to make his way to the orbiting Golan as soon as possible.

Tel.png.2b2713b149ad183d24a4b9a423368e48.png

Karys face visibly changed as the troopers mentioned he would have to wait a week if he wanted to get to Korriban. He didn't have a week, at least he thought so but just as he was about to mention the fact and figure out some alternative means to arrive faster a messenger walked up to him.

The massassi grew curious...who wanted his attention and why. And more. Who knew he was here aside Sheog, questions no doubt that would soon be answered, but he decided if he was to meet another Sith he would not go without being properly dressed for the occasion or unarmed. Besides, he thought, GA prison garb would make a bad first impression. As such he sighed informing the messenger to tell whoever it was that sent them he would be a few hours, and to express his regret and apologies in the delay.

A minute after Karys traversed into the market proper, he noted there seemed to be a lot of priests about and places of reverence.

Getting a few awkward stares at first, he was quick to scare as soon as they saw the markings upon his face and his massive stature. He headed into a clothing and armour bazaar, one which seemed to house combat specific clothing, just right for his needs. A bodysuit or some type of armour would do fine for now.

Looking about, he soon found something to his liking. By the look of it, it was a custom bounty hunter type armour, most likely. Inspecting it...he found it satisfactory to his needs. Taking the item along with two vibroswords that seemed to be with the armour, part of the package he imagined, Karys approached the vendor who spoke enthusiastically despite the presence of the strange being before him.

“Welcome! Welcome! Come in to my store. I see you have your eye on something, that there is a custom piece of my design, made of several interlocked plates of durasteel and a comfortable form fitting bodysuit underneath with some cortosis weaving thrown in. Given the rise of sabre jockey's these days I figured it was better save than sorry. You know what I mean? I even threw in a handy face concealment.

You in luck today is a special offer! Buy that armour and you get two high quality vibroblades as part of a deal I got with Alex Helix Weaponsmith down the road.

But where are my manners! I'm Kosh Allta of Allta armourers, practically the best armour store this side of the galaxy if so do say."

Karys looked at the man, muscles like him but more energetic and a blonde human with short hair, blue eyes. Doing his best to smile...the massassi spoke.

“I'm Karys, it is a fine piece. How much for it? And do you accept Sith Credit?”

The man considered things for a moment before replying.

“Oh you a Sith eh? I wasn't a fan before but since the Dark Lord came things have got better for me so can't complain. I do take Sith Credit. That'll be 2,500 credits but since it's using Sith Credit I'll tally it up, by looks of it you needed the armour, there is a changing room out back you can use if you want.”

Karys nodded with approval as he headed to the back. Quickly discarding the prison garb, he was glad to be rid of it as he adjusted the armour and placed the two vibroblades upon his back in the holsters provided. Heading back out he gave a final approving nod before heading back into the market.

One task complete he thought, as he walked to various electronic stores picking up the bits he would need to create a lightsaber along with a few extra bits to add to the defences therein. He doubted those he bought them from knew what he intended to do with the merchandise nor even cared for that matter.

Hearing that the Sith And Black Sun conducted hunts outside the walls. Karys saw an opportunity.

Soon enough he was on such a hunt, lending his skills to the chase. It thrilled him to be back in action again, as he applied his use of the Force and weapons training tracking various beasts. And yet none seemed adequate for his need. Until he spotted a strange creature in the distance.

A predatory quadruped with by the looks of it long claws and powerful fanged jaws to disable any potential victims. He was surprised to note the creature soon vanished, despite the fact he could feel it in the Force. And yet soon enough the creatures was about to pounce upon him, it appeared the creature used the Force to cloak themselves, making themselves nearly indistinguishable from the darkest shadows; a fact that surprised and intrigued the massassi.

After an hour of playing cat and mouse, the two finally confronted each other again. Karys smiled as he lifted a vibrosword from it's holding, ready to strike. When the creature pounded Karys did not expect what happened next.

The creature seemed to almost shrug off the attack...it appeared its thick hide was resistant to intense heat. And so he resorted to the Force hoping to kill it before it vanished again. Focusing and matching on he used his telekinetic ability to crush its bones against itself, crushing the lungs and soft innards as he flung the strange creature into a tree and another like a rag doll. Until eventually the creature submitted and was dead from the brutally of the kill and the punishment inflicted upon it.

Removing a fang from its jaw, the massassi was satisfied he had a perfect base for his sabre hilt. With that he looked about...he needed a place where he could be alone, a place of dark power that he could focus and build his weapon.

Stretching out in the Force, he found such a place. Into the mountains he went and climbed for what seemed like an hour before reaching the summit or as close to it as was possible. There he began the task ahead, one that required his complete attention.

Taking a sword he made a small cut as he focused within the Force. Unleashing all his rage, feelings of loss, of failure and hatred for the Jedi that captured him. Soon enough the blood that flowed arose to the centre of the turmoil, even as an unnatural storm seemingly gathered about the top of the mountain as he continued.

The blood that flowed begun to take form into the shape of a crystal, blood red and fuelled by the Dark.

It pulsated with an angry energy, a primal energy. Once complete the rest of the process was fairly simple, each component fell into shape inside the overly large fang like a jigsaw puzzle being completed. Yet there were slight differences from his last attempt. This one held defences that were more able to keep the Jedi from disabling the sabre. In fact the attempt would be deadly.

Inside Karys focused and placed between the components, various metallic ball bearings and a DNA scanner of sorts formed of the Force. Only his imprint would disable the defences, any others who tried would be summarily blown to little bits of blood paste as the weapons innards exploded releasing a metallic and fang shrapnel cocktail upon whomever tried.

As Karys finished he ignited the new sabre, testing it.

A bright crimson red blade sprung to life, his Wrath again taking the form of a demonic voice that seemed to flow from it, aching to be set loose upon any in its deadly path. Satisfied, Karys headed back to the city, placing the new sabre upon his side.

Now he would be recognized for what he was and what he would represent to those in the city. An extension of the Dark Lord and a tool of the Sith. One of many and to be feared and respected both at once. As he entered he noted the change of tone towards him.

Many gave a wide berth as he walked when they saw the sabre. Soon enough he arrived at the waiting shuttle and was headed towards the fated meeting. A meeting of bloodlines. One ancient and one new.

This shall be interesting. I'm curious, who would want me other than Sheog, regardless at least I shall finally prove myself.

He thought as he sat there waiting while the pilot took him up.

((OOC: Karys current armour for reference - https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/004/074/440/large/kim-eun-chul-dark-assassin.jpg?1480399549 ))

Edited by Guest

Akheron.jpg

A shuttle of little note but bearing Sith Imperial transponder codes emerged from hyperspace. The codes indicated the shuttle was a supply ship for the Golan station orbiting Onderon. Once the codes were verified and checked out, the ship was allowed to dock with the mighty battlestation and being offloading its crates of munitions, food, and uniforms.

Nobody took any special notice of the uniformed crewman leaving the shuttle with a small holosled loaded with a few matte black crates: it was one of many doing so. There was no particular curiosity when that crewman, a fairly young looking woman of average height, deviated from the normal route to the supply rooms and headed down the corridors towards other areas of the station. It took a simple wave of a slate grey gloved hand to dispel any curiosity when that same crewman dropped off the holosled with its crates in a rarely used supply closet in the offices of the quartermaster's department.

Qaela had been undercover before. After Kashyyyk, she had decided to let things unfurl on their own with her daughter. Seeing her own teachings come to fruition, for better or worse, was quit fascinating. She had been tempted to step in when her daughter ran into trouble, but something told her to hold back. It was good that she had, because her daughter had managed to find her own allies, namely the great Hutt Sheog and the Dark Lord himself. It was difficult to stay out of the way as her daughter made her first steps into the greater galaxy, but she had. Now, it was time for her to come back and ensure that Telperien's path didn't collapse. She had some concerns about her daughter's handling of things and felt it was time to get involved once more.

Infiltrating the station was fairly simple to one who could use the Force and had the desire to. Most didn't want to focus on the menial jobs of supply transport, but it was often the best way into a military station. It might have seemed humiliating to work as a mere cargo hand for a week, but infiltration was one of her skills and the sacrifice was petty compared to the need to get back to her daughter.

Once inside the closet, Qaela stripped off the crewman's uniform and replaced them with the Krath made leathers. With her lightsaber at her belt and a Force imbued retractable spear on her back, she emerged from the storage closet and started for where she felt the daughter's unshielded presence. She kept her own presence hidden for the time being, it was not extremely difficult considering her daughter's relative inexperience. Even though they were close as both mother and daughter and master and apprentice, she had always been able to conceal things from everyone, even her own mother. It would be interesting to see how her daughter reacted to the return of her mother, but that would come soon enough.

Qaela Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

"You have to learn to say no. They all want to sell to you, they don't care if you need it or not, that's your problem, or so they think."

Aryian blew on the bowl of soup, softly sipping from his spoon as she realized what he'd told her.

"Everything, including the original thing they want to sell you, is usually not what you are really looking for. If they smell money, they'll be sure to try and ferret it out of you. But don't worry, you could buy more than you know what to do with that before it runs out. An old trick I set up a long time ago."

Aryian finished off his soup and rose from where he was sitting.

"Shall we visit the palace next? Apparently it was just restored following some bloody attack from a terrorist."

Blz1mwg.png

Faux silently considered the advice as she passively watched the exchanges of business around them. All of those looking to buy carried a disinterest in their demeanor, like it was a chore for them to even be caught up in this large scale hustle, while all of the sales people labored beneath false smiles and forced exuberance. Why did they put themselves through all of this insincerity? If the customers weren't excited to receive new goods, why spend so much time and money on them? The whole process seemed... pointless. Then again, what could you expect when their lives are so greatly removed from what is required to live? Trivial behaviors for trivial matters. The credit chip felt so small between her fingers as she flipped it around in her pocket, but in this world it seemed so powerful, especially after Aryian hinted at how much currency it held.

"The palace sounds like a good plan." She said the words, but her tone didn't carry the same brightness it held when they first arrived. For all the shiny things, this world just reminded her of the lessons on avarice from her childhood. Most of these merchants probably had no idea how their wares were made or who put their time and effort into making them. The customers didn't know or care about these details either. The whole process held no quality to it. The palace would probably show her much of the same. Opulent design and unnecessary resources devoted to such a small percent of the population. The grand purpose of the massive wall surrounding the city seemed to pale in contrast to the decadence of the city it protected.

"On the way you can tell me about your best Force technique." This time she spoke with a smile, summoning her excitement for something she considered much more pertinent. No doubt the palace would be beautiful, but in the scheme of things none of it really mattered. What made her happy, and what was more important to her, was her continued studies. It was good to get out of the dojo and see the galaxy, but it all came with a grain of salt.

WvXWkuw.png

As the pair of Golan IIIs slowly orbited over the planet of Onderon, inside the Sith aligned station Telperiën paced slowly around the command bridge. She was watching the Canto Bight Fiasco and the Totenkopf, with their fighter escorts slowly dropping sensor buoys to map out the projected defensive minefield. Laid out in large circular orbits reaching out dozens of kilometers with a singular, winding path to the pair of golans. Should the Remnant try an attack on the planet, they would either have to slowly follow the path and face the withering guns of the Defense platforms, or should the minefields go unnoticed stray a little and enter destruction itself. Currently, the field was under construction and the path was laid out for the civilian traffic to use, lighted up like a landing strip with sensor buoys, which should an enemy fleet arrive, would turn off, blending into the background static of the minefield. Telperiën was no tactical genius, but she was learning, and closely following the sage advice left behind by her master.

Upon hearing of Karys Narat iv-Adas’ imminent arrival, Telperiën took the few moments left of respite to calm her nerves. She plopped herself down in the command chair of the station and pulling her legs underneath her, meditated. She reached out with her senses, feeling the life below her, the primal nature of the population tugged at her, though it was heavily disguised through societal pressures, the men and women of Onderon carried out their lives. Palace guards kept watch, mothers caressed babies, father’s went to work. Though the administration had changed, there was little different in their daily lives other than they all had ID cards issued by the Sith Or Black Sun governments. She let her consciousness play across the surface of the CIty of Iziz, seeking fear and despair, finding it in the slums or prisons and then drinking of it. It bolstered and sharpened her mind into a fine point, and it was there that the Guards escorted the great Massassi Warrior Karys Narat iv-Adas into.

She rose from her chair and bowed low, her diminutive frame completely dwarfed by the massive man. She stalked forward like a hunter and extended her hand to him. She followed the protocol that she had studied the night before. Though she was refreshed from using the force, it did not conceal the dark bags beneath her tattooed eyelids. She was still a child afterall.

“I am Telperiën Ar-Pharazon, apprentice of the Dark Lord, daughter of the Golden God and his Dathomiri Queen Qaela. I greet you Karys Narat iv-Adas. Tell me of your captivity among the Rebel Alliance.”

She used the old term for the pack of democratic imbeciles. It was only fitting to put them in their place, a rebellion to be crushed beneath the heel. Her heart stirred at the thought.

Aryian was caught off guard in her request.

"My best technique? Don't you mean the best technique?"

The Grey Master looked around, weighing what he should say. After a beat, he relented, continuing. As he did so, he lowered his voice and nodded, indicating for them to start walking. He didn't want eavesdroppers, on the off chance the Sith really did have ears everywhere here.

"There is...a power. Of my own devising, which temporarily allows for boundless potential energy through the Force. But it comes with a very high price. You are not yet ready for that lesson. And...if word got to them that I knew such a technique, then they would likely stop at nothing to rip it from me. Not exactly my idea of a good time."

Finding the familiar spires on the horizon, Aryian began leading them through the streets until they had a good view of the royal palace.

"Besides, you still need to finish practicing with those training remotes. Most targets shoot back."

Blz1mwg.png

Karys gave a low yet respectful bow in return, even as his eyes never left those of the child before him. One which intrigued him, despite her size the Force spoke of great potential, and power. It was clear to see just why the new Dark Lord had chosen her.

He shook her hand as it was offered, speaking in return.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, young Telperiën Ar-Pharazon, I see you jump straight to business... I like that in a person. I greet you in return and likewise offer my full title. I am Karys Narat iv-Adas, apprentice to Sheog The Mad of the Krath, descendant of King Adas l, son to the recently departed Uryu Kallig iv-Narat he who led the Tsis people and his wife Naile Sekat iv-Adas of clan Adas.

Now to the matter of my capture. It was not the most pleasant of experiences, but I persisted. I was first sent to Nal Hutta by Master Sheog where I encountered a young Jedi...to fight as is the Sith custom for a trial. All during an imperial invasion of the planet. We fought furiously...and equally for a time until she eventually bested me most regretfully. I underestimated her, but should we meet again I will not be made the same fool twice. She took me from there unconscious as I healed to Coruscant where I met another Jedi.

A Master Jade Skywalker if I recall or something like that. We spoke briefly, offering our different perspectives in a philosophical nature...naturally we disagreed. She thinks us only savages it appeared which I found rather amusing to say the least. Rudely she was the one who sent to the Galactic Alliance. I offered nothing of value nor would I have given it if I had.

Whilst with the Alliance I listened and waited. I spoke with a Bothan section chief, Prask Lor'dro. He wished to know what I was doing on Nal Hutta, I told him only as much as the fact I was there for a Sith trial... I had nothing to hide at that point. I attempted to sway him, another failure. He also found me of no value when I offered him nothing he wanted to hear or, so he thought...and sent me here, to Onderon by shuttle. It was all rather humiliating until I escaped. Away from those infernal lizards he put me with.

But make no mistake. I have learnt from this my lessons...I will redeem myself and accept any punishment Master Sheog deems suitable for my failure. But that aside, what was it you wanted me for? of what use can I be to the new Dark Lord and to you.”

Akheron.jpg

Telperiën hesitated a moment before responding. Gathering her thoughts into a clear pattern before she spoke. She smiled widely, showing a row of pearl white teeth in a smile that was very unnatural for someone her age.

“Sheog the Mad is a valuable Sith Master and many in the Sith academy would murder many to train under him.” She drew upon her knowledge of the ancient Sith before continuing. And deciding on a path that she had seen many Nightsister use. Friendly manipulation. SHe needed him, and he needed to redeem himself. “Do you worry Karys Narat iv-Adas, that he will be displeased about your performance on Nal Hutta? Though I commend you friend for returning safely, it cannot be seen as anything but a failure, especially in the eyes of a Mad Hutt.” Her purple-gold eyes narrowed slightly, “So as a friend I can suggest you a course of action, to save your Massassi hide, for I have heard that his lightsabre and staff are made from the spinal columns of past apprentices.”

Her voice carried a careful note of concern, though it was manipulating him to do something that would help her in tandem. “I suggest that you assist in the upcoming defense of this planet, pour yourself into its defense. Prove your worth beyond the failure against a Jedi Girl and you will not be stumbled in your path to greatness.”

She tossed him a datachip containing the current defense plan of Onderon, its needs and gaps. “Also compile an extensive report of your battle against the Jedi Knight Sarna. What powers she expressed, her weaknesses, her strengths, and anything that seemed unnatural about her abilities. What you did, and what you failed at and what your would do to counter her in the future. If we are to fight Jedi again, which we no doubt will over this planet, I need your experience. This will please to Dark Lord.”

She grinned at him. “Also there is a great amount of food and provisions here that can sate your thirst and replace the foul taste of rebel prisons. Come eat with me.”

She jumped down from the command chair and stood. Together they walked out of the command centre to where a large table was set up with food in the briefing room. She looked up to the hulking beast of a man and smiled. She pulled a glass shaped parang from her belt and held it up to him.

“An offering of friendship Karys Narat iv-Adas, if you will take it.”

Boundless energy... but at a high cost?

Her thoughts lingered back to Mechis as they strolled onward through the crowd. Watching her teacher stand barefoot on molten metal had been mesmerizing, inspiring beyond words. Yet the effort it required from the old man was evident in the creases of his brow. Every other technique hehad shown her up until then he did so with minimal effort, an idle thought, a lazy sigh of power, but upon that molten metal he labored. In time she was able to grasp the technique, making his display all the more phenomenal.

Remembering all of this, Faux's mind spun at what Aryian could have meant by boundless, and what constituted a high cost. When they first met Aryian's arm had been in a sling and his eyes wrapped. It had only been recently he was able to heal from those injuries, even with his knowledge of self healing through the Force. Could it have been this unspoken power that had wounded him? As many questions as she had, his hushed tone and nondescript description said enough to know she wouldn't get a good answer. Her curiosity dodged, the only path left was forward. As tall spires broke through and above the cityscape, she continued to follow her teacher's lead and trust he would know what was best for her.

"True enough. Do you have a place in mind? I imagine the locals will be quite upset if we start shooting practice in the middle of the street."

WvXWkuw.png

“Ahhh… Onderon. The hidden jewel of our Empire. My question though, mighty lord, Is it a man or is it a planet?”

Sheog turned his deformed head to gaze at the Sith officer through drooping lids, barely containing the savagery of his stare. The fire-helmed officer’s face bulged and he began to shudder as he began to vomit forth his own intestines as if they were a fifth of Hennessy and he was a college girl after a late night party of drinks and drugs.

A female Twi’lek officer stepped over the seizing remains of her former commander, nudging aside the bright pink stomach as it writhed against the toe of her polished black boot as she did so.

“We are preparing a transmission for you sir, to the Sith Apprentice Luci- I mean Karys.”

The Sith Master shook his gigantic head, and relied instead on The Force to broadcast his presence to all upon the planet. It was much more fun to kick the nest and see what scurried forth. An overwhelming gluttonous urge would broadcast his appearance above the world to any that were force-sensitive on the world below

...Karys… You lost my girl an eye…

On the planet below, a shadowed form came upon both Telperian and Karys where they stood by the command table. It was the hulking form of a corrupted Rancor, slobbering jaws twisted into a smile.

<>

OvQX5BE.png

King Kheldar vos Correlli said:
Sheog, I have to ask, overkill much?

"Well, there's a couple possibilities. We could request to use the facilities of the royal guard, which will likely be rejected. We could find an abandoned building, which might be found in the cargo loading areas near the space port, or we could just go outside the city walls. Of course, lots of nasty beasties out there. Any way, should be fun wherever we go."

After a moment more, they rounded a corner, and they were within full view of the palace, less than a mile away.

"Beautiful, isn't it? They did a good job. So, what do you think we should do?"

Blz1mwg.png

As Karys took the weapon, inspecting it he considered the young child's words. He could see the merit in working together, yet was no fool...he knew she was attempting something of a manipulation tactic and that amused him slightly. As she mentioned if he was worried he shook his head as he replied.

“It is not worry or potentially death that vexes me so. Death I have faced before multiple times. It is shame and disappointment.... I have failed to live up to my potential and was beaten by a Jedi child. I have brought shame upon myself, my clan and my bloodline and allowed a weakness to be exploited.”

His own eyes narrowed slightly at first as he spoke, “Not again shall that happen, at least not intentionally. You offer me a path to redemption and for that I commend you, young as you are you seem capable and smart but, yet I am not a fool. I could see what you were trying to do, the subtle manipulation...but don't worry I won't harm you for it or fault you. You did what you felt necessary to secure my allegiance. But you needed not manipulate me into accepting.”

As the datachip was tossed, he grabbed it out of the air, and inspected the plans...noting where work was needed. Placing the newly gifted parang on the opposite side of his sabre, on his belt, Karys spoke again.

“You offer friendship, if it is genuine and without cost I accept so long as certain assurances are made. I don't want this coming back to bite me, this risk I am taking. And yet if one thing I have learnt is that allies are far and few between among the Sith. One must have friends to survive and thrive, as such I accept your offer. I will head below as soon as I am able to speak to the commanding officer and inquire as to the state of the defences below. If it is lacking, I shall pull them into shape.

If the Jedi are coming for Onderon, I will attempt to make them regret that action. And yet... I feel this is no coincidence. That they chose to strike as the Dark grows stronger and gathers momentum. It is an act of desperation which I find most amusing.”

Moments later as the two spoke and everything changed. The very atmosphere itself changed, the air became cold, a familiar cold. A darkness he had felt before. Karys tried to ascertain the feeling and then without thinking he spoke, seemingly ignorant of the younger, Ar-Pharazon as he did so, it were as if she was never even there,

“I sense something, a presence I've not felt since...”

His eyes widened slightly, in awe as the overwhelming gluttonous urge took him over. As he finally knew where he had felt that presence before, a presence that could only be Sheog. As the corrupted shadow rancor took form with a twisted smile, he looked upon it.

His master was here, there was no doubt. Without question or hesitation, he obeyed the command even as he heard his master's gluttonous voice. Kneeling he spoke.

“Master Sheog, this is a most unexpected but a welcome visit. I was just about to head below and assist with evaluating our ground defences here in preparation for the Jedi. My apologies to you and to Hayley for that incident... I tried my best to avoid it, but the pirates we faced on Myrkr were most insistent she died. I did manage to avoid her death but it cost her eye most unfortunately.

That said as you command my master. I surrender everything but my wrath as you instruct.”

As he knelt, he laid aside his weapons and all emotions. Allowing only his Wrath to erupt forth in the Force, like a dam had broken. No doubt the younger, Telperiën Ar-Pharazon felt it just as much as his own master.

Akheron.jpg

Not death you fool for that is easily conquered by medical sciences and a willing spirit. I am speaking of indissoluble, resolute, eternal death. The type where your spirit is dissolved into the force and your being is left for the galaxy and historians to brush over in dry old textbooks. There was nothing she feared more than that. If she couldn’t leave a legacy why was she even here? Why was she alone saved from the ruins of the Darksongs. She had to make an impact.

She scoffed at his rebuttal of her simple manipulation but shrugged. “You can always try to harm me Karys, you might even win you know.” She laughed softly through her teeth. “Then let us be friends Karys Narat iv-Adas. For the Jedi are desperate I am sure. It seems their greatest and most effective warrior since the fall of Faust was a little girl like me.” She felt the force stir and she spun towards the holo console as a feeling of hunger rose in her stomach.

It was a horrifying thing to see, a grown man cower, to tremble like a leaf on a dessicant bough, counting the seconds until the fall. It was a delicious feeling, filling the force with a mix of fear and anger. Wroth came next, the wroth that only a slave could hold for its master. Cowering in fear while secret hate ate at his heart, turning his insides to water and his heart to cold hothian steel. She strode to her friend’s side and stood next to him, shielding him slightly from the gaze of the great hutt. Though fear bloomed in her heart, she stared into those horrible eyes of the Mad Hutt and placed her small hand on the shoulder of Karys Narat iv-Adas, son of Glory. Last of his people. Like her mother would have had she not abandoned her on a backwater world filled with vile witches. Anger blossomed madly and she focused her strength and fed Karys’ Wrath with her energy, gifting him her will.

Her voice filtered through the Wrath to whisper behind his ears the words her tribe had given her many times.

Show not your weakness, rise and show that you are bold.

Qaela spent some time wandering around the station in the uniform of a tech. Amazing that so few paid them any attention, as though they didn't really exist. Folly, it was the perfect cover for assassins or saboteurs. She wasn't exactly completely bottled up, but was more on a passive mode. She didn't broadcast herself, but she kept the avenues to the Force open to where they were blowing, trying to get a sense of the mood of the planet and her daughter. After some time, she returned to the unused closet where she had stored her possessions and changed into her Krath leathers. Donning her lightsaber, knife, and a slim midnight blue belt that had some credits, a comm, datapad, and some datacards, she emerged and began heading toward the command center. She dropped her concealment, but didn't exactly broadcast her presence. She was slightly curious as to whether Telperiën would sense her coming or not.

Before she could arrive, she felt the presence of Sheog the Hutt as he entered the system. She never understood why beings broadcasted themselves so blatantly when they arrived into a system or in any setting. It certainly made an impression and projected raw power and confidence, but it also alerted everyone that you were there. Perhaps having lived her life in the shadows and always preferring to strike unseen, or perhaps it was the constant presence of people trying to kill her that made her vastly more adept at concealing herself as she mostly had been doing. One day, she would have to learn what was behind the mindset that led Sith to so broadly announce themselves.

She entered the command center silently and watched the response to the Hutt's presence intently, though she didn't interfere.

Qaela Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

• "Lady Darksong,"

The world-weary voice peeled from the shadows casted by the metal walls surrounding the entrance to the command center, and now the full figure of a man approached her slowly. A smooth and synthetic black armor covered the messenger entirely, no trace of who or what he was. He was no a muscular creature, for traveling the shadows as he did, beckoned him to be the lightest he could be on his feet. The helmet that sheltered the world from his features shared similarities to that of the common Sith Trooper, but this held no color and carried the etchings of a spider-web scratched into the full-visor. "..It is an honor." The Shadow bowed deeply and knelt onto bended knee, expressing his admiration for the power that this woman held. "There has been a development on the world of Korriban, Vardin Valley has been restored to health." As he spoke, he turned his palm over and then opened it to reveal a chained medallion. This one differed vastly from the ones that the newcomers of the Valley were now in a rave about. This medallion was crafted diligently, compounded with the finest of metals the Krath had access too. Buried inside the centerpiece of the medallion, an exquisite black jewel laid asleep. The messenger extended his lanky arm, and offered the important piece of jewelry to Master Darksong. "He has chosen you to rule over the Bastion of Pelko." The Shadow, through his otherworldly tone of voice, waited patiently with the gift in arm.

"Na-hah ur su ka-haat.

Su ka haru aat"

Once again the ship known as Akumanosu exited hyperspace, transmitting the same codes as before and hailing Sheog's ship. This time, Milenko opened a channel, allowing his visage to be seen. Sitting in the ship's command chair, his leg laid over his knee and his fist resting against his chin, he awaited his Master's answer.

75196401_876440456210803_2971411180634366772_n.png.7d1045ce91932a34f1faf6a1d547ae87.png

Squinting as she raised her hand against the mid day light, Faux gazed at the climbing spires of the royal castle through the shadow cast by her fingertips. Grand as it seemed, shining brilliantly with the reflective sun against its gleaming white surfaces, it didn't seem to suit her fancy. Now shooting stuff, that sounded fun. As Aryian pised the question of where to practice, Faux settled quickly on the cargo loading areas.

"I'd rather not accidentally shoot royalty if I can avoid it, and those walls seem to want to keep horrible things away from the city so that doesn't seem wise either. Let's try the cargo... place."

WvXWkuw.png

The Sith worked in mysterious ways. Having grown up in a dark side society, Qaela was familiar with some of the odd and profane ways that the laws of nature could be bent by the darkness. So when a creature approached her, shrouded in darkness in a way nothing natural could ever have spawned, she was immediately intrigued. The words that the creature spoke sent an icy hot tingle down her spine, raising the midnight black hairs on the back of her neck and leaving her feeling terrified yet exhilarated by the challenge before her. She had heard only rumors of the Bastion of Pelko when she was on Korriban. There had been talk of resources and acolytes going there to rebuild it, but nobody was completely sure what for. Now, she knew.

That He wished her to lead it was a most intriguing sign and gesture. There was a lot of responsibility involved, an even greater amount of power, too. However, with that power came a massive target upon her back. She had long sought to stay out of the light and focus of the Sith or even the Jedi, but now, the Dark Lord was pushing her into the center. She was curious as to what about her garnered his attention. Perhaps he was simply wanting to see if she would die, or perhaps he was going to use this to manipulate and drag her into becoming his puppet. Maybe it was her constant views of overall Sith unity and lack of scheming to kill or betray others. He had always struck her as one who wanted to see the Sith as a whole rise, not just a few select members fighting each other as much as their real outside enemies.

There was something of a liberating dread that gripped her heart as she accepted the medallion. She immediately felt the cool, dark power radiating within. She had come across these before and knew exactly how rare and powerful they were. It took but a thought, a non-verbalized spell, to waken the jewel and bring out its comforting darkness. It filled her and gave her an energy, a vision, and a purpose she hadn't had since falling at Coruscant years ago. She knew her mission, her purpose, and her path. She would do her part to bring about a revitalized Sith Order that would strive to grow closer to its full potential instead of eating each other and constantly weakening themselves. Whether Dark Lord Exodus agreed with her beliefs or not, she would work to bring the Sith back into the balance of nature, allowing them to serve as the natural opposition to the perversion that the Jedi had become. It was long time the Sith embraced their own strength and power, not by self destructive perversion, but by embracing the natural darkness that existed in the Galaxy.

"Tell the Dark Lord that I shall heed his summons and make my way to Korriban shortly," she told the creature before her, knowing that her words would reach their intended target.

Qaela Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

"Yeah...that's the safest bet. Kinda figured as much. It's weird skulking around derelict cargo yards, but it's a living, I guess."

After a while admiring the palace and seeing a few more places on the way, they both found themselves at the perimeter of an expansive cargo yard. It didn't take long for Aryian to find a weakness in the perimeter sensors, and it only took a quick slash of the lightsaber on a rusting door for them to have a large, mostly empty warehouse all to themselves.

"Don't forget to turn your blaster settings down, no real need to leave forensics if we don't have to. I'd rather not this place looked like a drug deal gone south when we leave."

Thankfully, there were a few objects she could use for cover, crates and barrels and the like, and the training remote was set up so it wouldn't move faster than a being of average build would. Aryian was curious to see if her training with the monks included situations where something was actively trying to shoot her.

Blz1mwg.png

With a large puff of his pipe, the insane Hutt passed a feeling of skepticism but acceptance. As the Sith erupted in wrath, he began to understand. All the man desired was destruction, but he tempered it for the good of the Sith Empire. It was admirable, and a trait not often seen amongst his brothers and sisters in the Empire.

<>

He passed a mission with his blessing, full defensive investigation of the Sith’s garrison.

<>

To his newest apprentice, he passed the landing codes for the Bleeding Kyber, and greeted him in the Force.

<>

OvQX5BE.png

King Kheldar vos Correlli said:
Sheog, I have to ask, overkill much?