Vaderman

The Christmas Countdown and Discussion Thread

Why would I love a holiday that for most people has lost all true meaning and that brings about music I have a severe distaste for?

That depends on who you talk too. I love Christmas because I know the true meaning, and I love the season as a whole.

As for the music, what music are you listening to that brings your "severe distaste"

A Baby Just Like You

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth

Blue Christmas

Christmas Dinner

Christmas For Cowboys

Christmas In Killarney

Deck the Halls

First Christmas

Frosty the Snow Man

Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Here Comes Santa Claus

Holly Jolly Christmas

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

It's the most wonderful time of the year

I'll Be Home For Christmas

Jingle Bell Rock

Jingle Bells

Jolly Old Saint Nicholas

Let It Snow!

Mary, Did You Know?

Merry Christmas Darling

Must Be Santa

Nuttin' For Christmas

O Christmas Tree

Pine Cones And Holly Berries

Rocking around the Christmas Tree

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Silver Bells

Sleep Well, Little Children

Sleigh Ride

Tennessee Christmas

The Christmas Song

The Little Drummer Boy

The Night Before Christmas

The Twelve Days of Christmas

Up On the Housetop

We Wish You A Merry Christmas

White Christmas

Winter Wonderland

I enjoy "The Twelve Pains of Christmas" far more than "The Twelve Days of Christmas".

And hey, a lot of those are classics, Karmy! I actually like listening to some Christmas music around the holiday.

I don't mind Christmas songs... I got to Carols in the Domain which is the major public televised Christmas carols concert for Sydney over here pretty much every year. It is so much fun. Last year my friends and I got out photo taken with santa.

One of my favourite Christmas songs is Go Santa Go by The Wiggles. I get up and do the dance and everything...

And? My sister turns 22 on Halloween and mum turns 49 next year and they dance with me If I must blame it on someone I blame it on staying at a cousins place when she was 2 years old and obsessed with the Wiggles.

I have refused to let me son watch the Wiggles now... I just can't stomach them for more then it takes me to rewind Little Einstiens so he can watch that again.

I have refused to let me son watch the Wiggles now...

I've never been able to stand the Wiggles. My son is cool with good ole Sesame Street.

And everytime I see this thread title I think of Europe's "The Final Countdown". I have no idea why, but I wish it would stop.

I have refused to let me son watch the Wiggles now...

I've never been able to stand the Wiggles. My son is cool with good ole Sesame Street.

And everytime I see this thread title I think of Europe's "The Final Countdown". I have no idea why, but I wish it would stop.

You two are party poopers! The Wiggles are awesome! We watched one of their videos in my music class last year.

...and that brings about music I have a severe distaste for?

Last year, I thought the same thing. I thought to myself that I needed to find new Christmas music, so I set out to do just that. I found some good stuff, yeah.

Awesome Christmas CDs:

"Barenaked for the Holidays" by Barenaked Ladies

"Christmas Remixed" by various artists

"Maybe This Christmas" by various artists

"Maybe This Christmas Too" by various artists

"Maybe This Christmas Tree" by various artists

Those first 2 listed kick total ass. I can't stop listening to them at Christmas time.

I also like "When My Heart Finds Christmas" by Harry Connick Jr., but I don't think he's your style for some reason. I love him though.

Christmas is now 104 days away!

Good-day-in-the-morning!

This is going to get so old very fast... At least you have 103 more free posts, and this thread isn't going anywhere obviously.

Christmas is now 104 days away!

Good-day-in-the-morning!

This is going to get so old very fast... At least you have 103 more free posts, and this thread isn't going anywhere obviously.

I'm going to jump on here early tomorrow morning and post how many days are left before he does essentially hijacking the thread...mwaaahaahaaa.

Well to keep this topic ABOUT the topic, what's the best thing to get a girl for the first Christmas...especially when she's not fessing up?

And Archer, the best way to allow a topic to die out is to ignore it...especially if your feelings are that only a few care.

And Archer, the best way to allow a topic to die out is to ignore it...especially if your feelings are that only a few care.

Thanks Cap'n Obvious... but if he posts every day with how many days are left it doesn't matter if we post in it because he will bump it every day. That was my point.

Well, eventually it would be double posting if noone commented. But this is much more than just a countdown thread!

This is a way to hype everyone for Christmas, no matter HOW early it is to be worried about that!

Vaderman, Christmas presents for chicks is a hard one. It really just depends on her personality. I mean, a guy could give a girl a diamond necklace and she'll think it's the greatest gift she's ever been given, while another girl gets that same gift, but would've been much more touched by something more thought-out....more....her. Diamond necklaces are nice, yeah, but it just seems like the generic thing to do. Now, if you give her something very well thought-out and THEN give her the diamond necklace as well, she'll appreciate them both more, seriously...and you'll no doubt get some later that night and on to next week.

Give me Halloween and Thanksgiving, then I'll be back in here thinking about Christmas.

Well to keep this topic ABOUT the topic, what's the best thing to get a girl for the first Christmas...especially when she's not fessing up?

Might I suggest Macaroni Art? It's a cheap inexpensive, but a personal way to show you care by taking the time to put together a very unique craft handmade by you.

Here are a few samples to get the creative juices flowing...

Macaroni_Necklace.jpg

Perhaps a macaroni statue of yourself...

macaroni.jpg

Maybe something a little more Christmas like...

428783_b.jpg

A self portriat would be nice...

d-hateart1.jpg

I think you get the point. She'll love it and you'll love making it for her.