Nar Shaddaa

BLCKCLONE

Pain had become a part of me and as I was treated my dreams changed and reached a new intensity as they reached their peaks to finally die and let the harsh reality claim me again. This blackout inertia held my thoughts as they revolved and perfected. Frame by frame the world opened itself to me when my body formed an arc of fragile rigidity. This twilight world, black and blue, showed me needles and the damage done, the gunshot and the hole it makes.

I don't want to feel this way forever...

I was dropped like a blanket and I moved to the rythm of the air, my breath while my wounds like craters crawling back the slope of time, tried to close. I don't know why but I turned on my back. I don't know what I expected to feel... hatred... love... but it was just cold concrete...

------

''What do you want from me?'' I barely whispered in the darkness.

The Force is everywhere and every thing, but the Force is not the only thing that rules our lives; Fate, Chance and some inexplicable coincidences play a tiny part in the grand scheme of things. One of these on that day, saved my life. As my muscles crisped with pain and my blood tried to stay within me, adrenaline closed my right hand and projected it like a bull on the butcher's jaw as the lock opened miraculously.

I don't know what I was trying to do; I was outnumbered, wounded, and on unknown territory, but I always hated being tied to a place. I could not stand being tied to one place or simply be kept from my free will. I could not acept to have stopped moving, sometimes one moves too far. I guess I have been too far for quite some time already. I opened my cuffs and stood on my own two feet in front of the fallen surgeon and the Hutt that seemed to find it all too funny for me. I would not go so easily.

But I had a feeling the questions were merely a test for something more important.

''What do you all want with me.''

''Royce Colos?, never heard of him.''

My voice was as clear as arctic water, and as true as a child's reflexion. I had never heard of anyone of that name, even though the name Colos was the same as the one who had brought me to Tatooine. I thought it was useless to reveal such a detail.

''And, I serve under no one, I have no alliegance, I am free, that is why you will let me go, you will release me.''

On my left foot rested the scalpel fallen from the hands of the butcher who had started his job on my right leg. With a light kick, the metalic blade lifted in the air, scintillating from under the dust covering it. In my right hand the scalpel landed like a bird taking a stopover.

The laughs were interupted dramatically.

Suddenly the surgical blade transformed itself into a dart as it was launched with hate and passion toward the criminal leader's forehead. It all was going down between the man and the beast lookin deep into each others eyes. Eventhough we both knew the weapon would find its mark, the kingpin remained menacing never acknowledging defeat, in his perpetual defiance.

It would unfortunatly be the last time he would scare someone.

Adrenaline had stopped being secreted into my blood for its stream was slowly decelerating. My senses were still very keen though, for I was facing an unknown environement. This planet had a familiar feeling to it, yet it was unique.

The exit I had taken led to a large footbridge, where walkers were rather few and far between but shining with prescence, and motives most ill. It didn't bother me to be antipathetic in this jungle, for I knew it was the natural selection that ruled this place.

"Might I inquire as to what the cause for your haste my be?" said a stranger, lost in his interfaces, data, thoughts, opinions...

''I just made the world a better place, but I think that some people around here don't agree with me on this call.''

My answer could have been more specific but it would have given this man a bit too much think of. He already seemed confused by my words... Since I did not want to be rude, I point out that I had been a bit too rude with my hosts at the palace behind me.

Since this discussion was going no where I continued on my way, thinking the man knew enough.

The night had crept without any noise between the buildings missing like teeth. The causeway, similar to a river feeding on the melting ice, began to flood with people. I did not like the feeling of the crowd, so I retreated taking shelter behind a corner, where I leaned on the wall, gathering my senses away from the agitation. Truth hit me like a shovel. I had killed someone. Strangely it didn't feel any more unusual. I mean I had already seen it. I already seen someone die, but I had never been the one responsible. I raised my hand and touched my shoulder, and I felt death and how it grazed me. A few moments later I realized I was staring at the sky with no good reason...

I closed my eyes, filled my lungs with all the air I could find. When I opened them, an idea had taken hold of my body, I walked backward, not too fast, making sure I was doing the good thing. I turned around and cut through the ever growing crowd, trying to find the ....exit. That is where I saw the man who had asked me the most particular question earlier. I took no heed of him, and I purposely brushed passed him.

I headed straight toward the gates I had escaped from, and then, just before reaching them I took an abrupt turn in a small corridor smelling like sulphurous vapour. I had started running, trying to find what I was looking for before it was too late. Ventilation was the obvious classic, on my path. I crawled in those large tunnels where I wished I was a mouse, with each angles scratching my side repeatedly. Obviously, I took shortcuts that made me come back to my starting point and to every other exits I did not want to find, until I got heard the sound that I was waiting for.

There was a vibration in the surface of the ventilation tunnels, and a continuous low sound.

The hangars weren't very far. The exit of the tunnel came fortunately behind small boxes and unfortunalty in broken glass. I rose from my rodent position, and became a cat.

The voice that had been all over my mind earlier was coming back. Whispering, murmuring, blowing a windy message in my mind.

”œ...fly...fly...get away...fly...fly....fly........