Nar Shaddaa

BLCKCLONE

After her credentials were verified and returned to her, the Apprentice apologized and soon the crowded security began to disperse as she turned toward the man that had identified himself as Ban Ulfson. She smiled as she returned her ID card to her pocket and gave him a quick once over before her gaze met his in return. She knew that the Force worked in mysterious ways, but a man emitting this much pull upon the Force without being known as Jedi or Sith was as rare as she and Tobias seemed to be. But then again, she hadn't met these Imperial Knights as of yet either. Was he one of them? Just as the thought crossed her mind, he spoke.

"I suppose you could say curiosity got the better of me. I felt your pull upon the Force, but it didnt hold any malicious intent behind it. So I came to investigate." She jested with a chuckle, placing her hand upon her hip in a restful posture. "Kosai? Can't say that I have heard of them, but then again, I've been away for nearly a decade studying under the Je'daii of Tython. I was only recently dispatched to aid the Galactic Alliance and help restore the imbalance the Sith have recently caused."

Edited by Jedi X
Changed Jeet Ulfsban to Ban Ulfson

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png

Her eyes squared and her lips pursed into a smirk as he spoke of his Order, Kari's own beliefs reflected. It was quite interesting that others existed, first in Tobias, and now this Ban. Truly the Force was beckoning for balance, aching for restoration. Perhaps, in its nature, it was calling for a culling, and its charge was beginning to be answered. As he finished, she spoke. "Indeed. It seems the Force is calling for its scales to be balanced."

Bringing her hand up to the bridge of her nose, the Togruta sighed. Her former Master has caused more damage than she suspected. Yet, she suspected that the spirits of Tython already held knowledge of this, which is why she was likely sent. "What have you brought upon the Galaxy this time Lusef Aryan." She spoke beneath her breath.

"Like it's natural symbiotic relationship with all life, the Force is neither light nor dark. It simply is. It is the Kath Hound eating the Iriaz, or the grass of the marsh protecting the eggs of the unborn fish. It is life and it is death. But now it is being weilded for war and massacres, its will ignored for personal gain or glorification. And at the forefront, this new Sith Empire has became the snake's head in its misuse. This is what I've came to correct."

Edited by Jedi X
Changed Jeet to Ban

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png

"Neither did I." Kari chuckled in return. "And normally, I would agree with you. But this new Sith Empire is different. I can feel their pull on the Force, like a siphon sucking the very life from it and everything it touches. And until they are stopped, it will continue." She sighed. "Or so my Masters suspect. Think of it like a tidal pool, constantly shifting from one end to the other with no stillness in sight."

She pondered momentarily about mentioning Faust, her former Jedi Master, having started this constant shift. But she felt it best to conceal that bit of information for now, just incase he recognized the name. Only Slaughter, and possibly Armiena of she had recognized her face in the meeting above, knew of her background in such depth. Brushing it aside, she focused back on his offer. While it was true that there was work to be found here, especially after the events at Dark Sun Station, she felt an uncanny pull toward him. It was as if the Force had brought them together for a separate purpose, and given their similar views, it must pertain to that. 

"I'm sure Admiral Slaughter or those leading the Imperial Remnant could easily provide work for you." She spoke, having brought her fingers up to her chin in thought. "But I have a feeling that our meeting was not coincidental. Especially given our similar views. I could be mistaken, but perhaps the Force wanted us together, whether it be aid you in your endeavor or another purpose is revealed. Now I cant pay what either of those can, but I can provide the necessities and even give you a grunts wage if you're interested."

She gazed him in the eyes and stuck out her hand in greeting. "What do you say Ban?"

Edited by Jedi X
Changed Jeet to Ban

karismol.png

• 2 weeks later...

Kari smiled as he spoke, a sign of good faith encompassing her face. With her hand still extended out, she questioned one last time. "So it's a deal then?"

As she awaited for his answer, Kari's gaze shifted about on her own toward the direction behind him. After arriving here with the Jedi Tobias, Kari had sent Ghost back to Borleias to retrieve her ship, and he had yet to return. But as if on cue, the small and ancient T3 droid came rolling around the corner of an offset ship toward her direction, a bit of dust and scraps adorning his metallic form. Curious, she wondered what he had been up to and what mess he had gotten himself into this time, but would leave those questions for another time. Yet, she felt a familiar presence residing around him that surely even Ban would pick up on, a certain darkness...

"Ventra?" She spoke beneath her breath in an almost scowling tone as she approached the T3 in haste.

Edited by Jedi X
Changed Jeet to Ban

karismol.png

@ObliviousKnight, @Aidan Darkfire, @Sandy Sarna

--Genesis--

It was a bittersweet moment to grasp as I rounded the corner toward where Master Armiena had positioned herself to me earlier. I had heard her talk of her son before, but laying eyes upon him and noticing her blotched face and elevated heart rate spoke volumes for what I was witnessing. I said not a word, but instead simply placed my hand upon her back and nudged her forward with a nod, toward the one she had ached so hard to see a smile upon my face and a tear streaming down my face. If only these two truly knew how lucky they were.

@Ban Ulfson

--Kari Koi--

Kari bent down and reached her hand into T3's small compartment in haste, her hand almost instantly finding the mask within as he face went as completely ghost white pale as it could for her species as she pulled it out from within. "Ghost.... what is the meaning of th..."

All Kari could manage to get out as a holovid of an aged version of Kari shot to life before them. "If your recieving this, it means that I am dead Kari and my plot, as well as Lusef's, to turn you to the darkside, failed. Yes, I knew of Faust's true identity and his purpose, and aligned myself with him solely to free yourself from chains that bound you in both life times. Faust wanted an Apprentice, I wanted my sister happy, two paths with the same outcome. So in the event that we failed, I programmed Ghost to retrieve the Sith Mask I wore. There is a secret to it, a secret i hope you can discover. Just know it will make you whole and both lives will become one. Good luck sister dearest." And with that, Ventra was gone, leaving Kari angered and confused.

With a growl in her tone as her cuspids clinched, she questioned aloud. "What are you up to this time Ventra?"

Edited by Jedi X
Changed Jeet Ulfsban to Ban Ulfson

karismol.png

"Forgive me" Kari spoke aloud, having realized her outburst and past both having came out into the light without intent. Fury boiled in her eyes as she clinched the mask she held in her palm so tightly that her orange skin turned bright pink before she sighed and released her grip. "It seems that my sister wishes to continue her torment of me even into the afterlife. it seems I may have a personal job for you after all." Kari glanced down at the mask, reaching upward toward her hip and placing it into her own satchel, her curiosity peaked as much as her skin crawled with leeriness. Ventra had never been one to do things simply out the kindness of what little heart she still possessed, and with the realization that she had been involved with Faust during her training under him only made her cautious. Part of her wanted to simply discard the artifact in the nearest receptacle bin, but the other wanted to know what it was that Ventra was exactly up to with this ploy. "Same pay as mentioned before, only that I'll add additional credits from my own personal account and you're welcome to any artifacts we come across when we reach Shili." 

After having said that, Kari realized she had said what the job retained. She shook her head in disbelief that even after all she had been put through, Ventra could still affect her so. "This Mask belong to Darth Ventra, my sister. Last time I saw it, it was left behind within the catacombs that belong to my family. If I'm to find out what my sister is up to, our best bet would be to start there and follow what clues present themselves. Normally, I would undertake this task alone, but given that Ventra was a Sorceress and that my emotions are easily manipulated when it comes to her and my past, I need someone there to keep me in check as well. Up for an Adventure Ban?" The smile that encompassed Kari's face was sincere, but there was hurt in her eyes.

Edited by Jedi X
Changed Jeet to Ban

karismol.png

• 2 weeks later...

As Ban left, Kari sat alone in silence. Like he, she had felt the pull of the Force and what direction it had led to. But rather than follow it in person, she decided to meditate upon and let her mind flow upon it's current and see it through the will of the Force rather than her own eyes. When she felt the presence of Tobias, it didn't quite surprise her. Even when she had met him at the Conclave, he seemed a tad wreckless and brash. But to her, it was good qualities for a Jedi Master to possess.

Letting her mind follow the swirling vortex that surrounded him and that of the Imperial Knights, she found herself unable to agree with their methods nor their intent, but she was Je'daii. It was the Je'daii way to stay out of the affairs of others, only intervening if it meant to tip the scales of Balance, and what they were doing held little consequences. Still, a part of her felt pity for the Jedi Master, a mere mortal just like she was and incapable of true balance between both light and dark. And in truth, it felt a tad bit like a witch hunt more than repercussions for the crimes that were discussed previously upstairs. While it was true that he needed to answer for his misjudgment, the Alliance needed everyone they could muster for what seemingly laid ahead.

Slightly disgusted, she withdrew her mind from the ongoings and returned. She understood the need for balance more than most, both upon the Galaxy and within one's self. But she felt these Imperial Knights corrupted the idea and were pushing to police a person's morals. That didnt sit well with her. It was a dangerous game to play. Shaking her head, she turned her gaze to the approaching Ban in his own return.

"Its a long story to tell." She attempted to jest as she focused on the task ahead and away from what she witnessed. "I'll tell you on the way if you'd like, or just give you footnotes if you'd rather."

With that said, she motioned for both Ghost and Ban to follow her to her ship. It wasn't that she was in a rush to get started, bit more that she was in a rush to get away from the Imperial Knights lurking about before they decided that her beliefs were unworthy. In silence, she sighed. Admiral Slaughter was going to have his hands full bringing all of these Factions together under one united banner, and just in luck, she had been sent to help him do so.

karismol.png

Kari nodded her head in acceptance, reaching her hand up and lowering the ramp. It was time they leave. Once at the helm, preflight conditions were met, her ship cleared for take off. Once she had her heading, her ship cleared traffic and entered hyperspace. 

"First things first." She spoke as she turned to Ban, her voice yelling past the Kosai toward the droid that had resumed his duties. "Ghost! Activate protocol Delta-Romeo-Alpha-India-November!"

Within moments, the T3 unit powered down and Kari placed the ship onto autopilot. With that, she motioned for Ban to follow and she walked toward the droid. "I wonder what other surprises we'll find in the little bugger."

karismol.png