Nar Shaddaa

BLCKCLONE

"I don't think I'd mind, if you don't. I need to start taking more responsibility for my training after all. I was, well, nervous about it before, but I think I'm more comfortable with the idea of it. Who knows, might help get me a promotion as well."

He chuckled uneasily a bit before calming himself. This is going to be fine. You're going to be fine. Aidan was aware of Sandy's prior feelings on Kashyyyk, but if she still had them, she was doing an awfully good job at hiding them. She was actually doing an amazing job of making him very comfortable to be around, to the point where part of his fears were that he might start having feelings for her, if he didn't already. He wasn't quite sure, though the thought certainly caused an interesting feeling in his stomach.

"Of course, I'm not sure how we get promoted. I don't think I ever asked Master Kyrie about it."

fuckmeIwannastop.png.f6b3c407fbf3e64619d8058b21303934.png

Raven waved her hand almost dismissively, “I respect the Jedi order’s decisions on this matter, I would be cautious in allowing an independent military and Navy in any kind of unified rebellion. We are all wary of the abuses caused in the past but I must stress with you in command of the Order Adenna, we have the chance to change that.  You have not the devisive nature of Starlisk. I have trust in all of you.” She looked around the room, “But we learned a few things in these few short years the Imperial Knights existed, that Knights are much better used as Special Operations forces instead of generals and admirals. Though that may be because of the Revanchist nature of our Knights did not allow them the full ability to think clearly and tactically when they are worrying about their actions straying into the darkside. Nor do many Jedi or knights have years in a Naval Academy to teach doctrine. With our fleets being considerably outnumbered by the Sith Empire or whatever they call themselves, wherever the Jedi fit in, as advisers, admirals, or SOF I would welcome them full heartedly. But we must show a unified front, a united military with united goals. A separate Jedi Navy would go in opposition of that.” She leaned forward. “We have now the chance before us to make amends and move forward with a new Rebellion. Would you agree to that Grandmaster?” 

She looked at Adenna then Slaughter. "Punish those that deserve it, my Knights will purge whatever evil may lurk in the heart of that Jedi master, if it is your will. You need worry not. But with or without punishment we must come to a decision on this new Rebellion" 

Raven_3_Sig.png.fa6e284bec4ff42ba02901e8567b2f87.png

Pretender to the Galactic Throne

Leader of the Rebel Alliance

((Note: These actions were approved beforehand by affected parties.))

Fifty feet back. That was about the optimal distance for following someone, at least that was the distance Ban preferred. He could trail back further and track them via the Force, but he didn't like to lean on the Force unless it was necessary. If it were a more crowded area, he might have risked getting closer, but for now it was simple to follow the man on the bustling streets relatively unnoticed.

It was kind of a long shot, but one the Kosai tracker was willing to take. He'd taken other shots in the dark before, and the Force always managed to send him on the correct path. His instincts told him the child was already long gone, but something in the back of his head told him he needed to follow this man.

In his investigating, Ban had uncovered evidence that the girl was already taken offworld, having found a fake identification for a girl with similar description in the outbound manifests at the local spaceport. Before then, she was last seen at a seedy bar, the same one Ban departed minutes ago to follow his new target on a hunch. He wasn't sure why he'd taken this particular job, every last bit of experience told him it wouldn't be worth it. The girl was a known to be rebellious against her guardians, having run away from home more than once now and involving herself with the local gangs. If anything, she was likely already sold into slavery, and there was a chance that was what she wanted. A female slave in the right criminal circles could work her way up to a very cushy and rules-free life in this galaxy. Or, she could have joined up with any of half a dozen other groups nearby, from smugglers to pirates to drug distributors. 

But this man from the bar...he was important. His senses told him so. This was the path he was meant to be on, and he would pursue it to the end. Thankfully, he still hadn't noticed the Kosai, but Ban was particularly skilled at remaining unseen. The black robes helped, but it was more in how he moved, casually, like he belonged. Like he suspected, the man eventually wound up at the spaceport, boarding a private but larger transport. Imperial troops of varying uniforms bustled about, along with some other mercenary-types Ban didn't recognize.

Very strange. This moon had been taken by the Imperials, that much was common knowledge, but it wasn't like them to work with mercenaries. Not to mention, none of this was adding up as far as the girl was concerned. But if he didn't get on that transport, he would never find out. If he was lucky, it was bound for another spaceport and he would be able to slip on and off without trouble. If it was bound for one of the military ships in orbit, however...

Rubbing the bridge of his nose, he decided to go for it. He'd cross that bridge when he got there. Force willing, he wasn't about to charge to his death. A nearby dock worker still loading crates onto the transport provided him with all the camouflage he needed, using a quick application of the Force as he approached to make himself as nonthreatening to the man as possible. 

"Hey, whoa, let me help you with that!" Another small telekinetic tap of the Force destabilized the crates on the man's over packed hoversled, allowing Ban to jump in at the right time and save them from crashing everywhere. Halting the sled, the worker rushed around the front, scrambling to help Ban ensure the boxes remained in place. "Thank you ever so much, Master Jedi! I must say, it truly is an honor to be working with you lot." Ban flashed a smile and quickly replied, "Not a problem at all. Let me help you load these on in, you look like you could use a hand and I'm not particularly busy." The worker was incredibly appreciative of the offer, letting Ban carry on up and into the transport. 

It was all he could do to mask his absolute confusion, however. The Jedi working with the Imperials? Since when did that happen? These were truly strange times, indeed. After a few minutes, Ban had finished helping the dock worker in the cargo hold, and he went to go sit down in the crew transport, checking to ensure his target was still aboard. He caught the stray glance here and there, but from what Ban could tell most just assumed he was a Jedi from the style of his robes and how he carried himself. If it worked, it worked, and Ban made every effort to look serene and peaceful.

Moments later, the transport was airborne, then finally it cleared the atmosphere. Ban's stomach dropped as he saw the transport approach one of the larger capital ships in orbit, the large MC90a looming in front of them. The transport landed without incident, and the Kosai found himself in the spacious hangar, with various engineers and technicians milling about mixed with troops tending to their equipment. From the looks of it, they had just come from a major engagement, as most were tending to some kind of repair on whatever it was they were working on.

"You! Stop right there!"

Ban froze, his senses tingling. Slowly, he turned, not making a move. It was a Jedi Apprentice clad in traditional brown robes flanked by four Stormtroopers. The Jedi already had their hilt in hand and the troopers had their weapons trained on him. 

"Your facial scan on the shuttle wasn't recognized. Place your hands behind your head, get on your knees, and identify yourself!"

The Apprentice had clearly seen the lightsaber hilts hanging from Ban's belt. Super. This was turning out to be a super day. Still...nothing felt wrong about this. Was this the path he was destined for? What kind of twisted balance did the Force need to restore here? Slowly, Ban complied, getting on his knees. At least one thing was for sure, the day wasn't over yet.

Edited by Ban Ulfson
NAME CHANGE

Sandy scrunched up her mouth as she thought about what the Imperial Knight had said. She decided on a joke to ease any tension that might have been building inside her on the offshoot it would make him laugh. “If it’s anything like the Jedi, I’m pretty sure to get promoted you have to fight a dark lord then drink some of their blood from a chalice. That’s how I got promoted. Tasted pretty gross.” She waggled her blonde eyebrows before she embarrassingly laughed off her stupid joke and felt some of the profound tiredness that was looming over her lift for a moment. It was nice to relate to him and not just fawn over him like a stupid little girl. She let the blush drain from her cheeks and looked at her smudged hands before she reached for the cloth and polish again. She rubbed at a carbon burn for a second before getting frustrated again and looking back to Aidan. “Well, if I can help I will. Do you find yourself lacking in anything that you see as being Imperial Knight like? If your training was any like mine you were probably just carried from battle to battle without much pause to learn the real basics like the Code or how to meditate?" She quickly dropped the cloth and put out a hand as if to ward off whatever she may have said that could offend.  "I don’t want to presume though, but I’m happy to help.” 

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

Mythos growled beneath his breath as the Imperial Empress, a lass barely off the teet, and the others talked about the room, his voice and message largely ignored. His eyes shifted to Slaughter whom seemed quiet for the most part, before he reached up and began pulling at his maw's chin fur in disbelief. They went on and on about unity and becoming one, but dreams such as those were but fairy tales and high hopes. Even he knew this as his gaze shifted past Slaughter toward the Lieutenant that stood opposite Slaughter's side from him. As long as Mystics like the Jedi and Imperial Knights existed, so would those whom opposed them, whether it be the Sith or some offshoot of them. It had always been this way, and war was inevitable. There was no true way to prevent it.

"You mystics should stick to fighting your own kind." Mythos growled loudly, the authority in his voice knarled by his anger. "And let us handle ours. Even in the days of the Republic, we were constantly dragged into fighting the Sith and Imperial forces, and it fell. This time would be no different. Let Slaughter command the Military with you Jedi and Imperial Knights answering to him."

Mythos knew that more than likely, his words would fall upon deaf ears, even amongst Slaughter. But that's how he was built. As a former Alliance Marshal, he didnt answer to anyone but his superiors, and he always made his voice apparent even if it wasnt heard. But there was some solid truth to his words. The military needed to be separate from religions such as the Jedi and only with the military as the head. If the Jedi wished to follow, then that was by choice, but the Jedi leading the military has always proved to be its downfall and it was time for a change to this matriarch between the Jedi and what remained of the Republic. It was time the Alliance led rightfully. Even the Imperials stood as a testament to this.

But as Mythos was talking, Kari caught herself distracted. There was a pull on the Force that swirled around her, a faint one, but one all the same. Curious, she excused herself from the room quietly and began to follow its grasp. First, it led her to the lift, a similar feeling one would feel as if being watched lingering upon her mind. And once she reached the hangar, she would feel a similar feeling one would grasp as if they knew the person watching them would be behind a singular door or around a corner as she shot her gaze about in search of the pull she was feeling.

The hangar was spacious, yet crammed full after the recent events at Dark Sun Station, transport ships arriving with fresh supplies and personnel as the many injured were looked after and the dead rounded up for funeral honors. So what Kari was feeling was like looking for a needle in a bale of nerfgrass. Yet, as she turned near a ship, a man(Ban) exiting it caught her attention, his own gaze shifting about. The pull seemed to come from him and he was in search of someone himself. Just as she was about to make her approach, however, nearby security interfered. Curiously, she watched, attuning her already sensitive hearing to eavesdrop upon the lot while maintaining a reasonable distance. That was, until curiosity grew the better of her about why he was here and who was he following.

"Stand down Apprentice." Kari shouted as she strolled over casually, the stripes upon her jacket signalling her rank as a Galactic Alliance Lieutenant. "Kari Koi, Alliance Lieutenant." She smiled, brushing aside her jacket to reveal the Je'daii Ranger star upon her vestiage and handing over her creditials. "Sorry about the confusion, but after Coruscant, I havent had much time to register my Apprentice." 

Edited by Mythos
Changed Jeet to Ban

Aidan thought a moment before replying. "Well, not that I can think of. I wouldn't say I'm amazingly fluent on proper lightsaber forms, but I've learned to let the Force guide me more than anything else. It gets me through most things, but admittedly I have yet to face an actual trained Sith." That, and if he could get her to show him a useful Force technique or two, he might have fair ground to request a promotion, he thought. But there was time. 

"Of course, if you want, I could always show you a thing or two. Like how to properly shoot...it's actually absurdly hilarious how many Jedi apparently never learned how to properly handle a blaster rifle. I suppose they could just do what I do with the sabers, feel the movement, the Force guiding your actions, but there is still an underlying skill to it."

"Uhh...yeah. Ban. Ban Ulfson. Thanks, Master Koi, I didn't think there would, ah...be an issue." Ban was partially dumbfounded realizing there were Galactic Alliance personnel here as well. What the hell had he stumbled into this time? He slowly stood from where he knelt, realizing his former trail had gone cold. He'd never find the man in all of these soldiers unless he was lucky, and his senses told him nothing of his whereabouts. But this lieutenant...she felt right. Like he was supposed to be here. That was likely why he was so relaxed, nothing had actually prickled his senses that this would turn out to be a hostile encounter. Very strange indeed that the Force would will him into such a situation. He'd often wondered if it had a sense of humor, but Kosai doctrine clearly spoke otherwise, likely the Jedi influence on the original order of nomads.

After the situation was mostly resolved and the troops retreated back to their duties, Ban turned to the lieutenant, still rather dumbstruck. "So...what now? I suppose you had a reason for pulling my hide out of the fire? Look, I didn't mean any trouble, I was just following a lead on a missing girl I'm trying to track down. I'm just a...well, a Kosai, if you've heard of them."

Edited by Ban Ulfson
NAME CHANGE

"If only it were that simple. People like to pretend that we Jedi are heroes from a story book. Vanquishers of evil, all knowing mystics, et cetera. Jedi are supposed to be peace keepers. Our job is to make sure Heroes aren't needed in the first place. But right now we're at war with the Sith and the battle ground is the entire galaxy! We've lost worlds in this conflict Nia. It shows that we haven't been doing a good job lately. Yes, we are saving people's lives, But some of them don't even have a world to go back to anymore. And it will only get worse the longer this war goes on."

Kel placed his hand on his brow and let loose a sigh. "I'm sorry Nia, I guess I'm a little on edge after the last battle, and I wound up venting on you. There's nothing wrong with wanting to help people, but even with the force we're just regular people doing what we can. And that means we have to accept that there are times where we can't save everyone." 

5V8Toxy.png

After her credentials were verified and returned to her, the Apprentice apologized and soon the crowded security began to disperse as she turned toward the man that had identified himself as Ban Ulfson. She smiled as she returned her ID card to her pocket and gave him a quick once over before her gaze met his in return. She knew that the Force worked in mysterious ways, but a man emitting this much pull upon the Force without being known as Jedi or Sith was as rare as she and Tobias seemed to be. But then again, she hadn't met these Imperial Knights as of yet either. Was he one of them? Just as the thought crossed her mind, he spoke.

"I suppose you could say curiosity got the better of me. I felt your pull upon the Force, but it didnt hold any malicious intent behind it. So I came to investigate." She jested with a chuckle, placing her hand upon her hip in a restful posture. "Kosai? Can't say that I have heard of them, but then again, I've been away for nearly a decade studying under the Je'daii of Tython. I was only recently dispatched to aid the Galactic Alliance and help restore the imbalance the Sith have recently caused."

Edited by Jedi X
Changed Jeet Ulfsban to Ban Ulfson

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png

"I'm not really surprised you haven't heard of the Kosai. They're a small group of nomads. Derivative culture and teachings from both the Jedi and Sith, though most of us lean towards the light. All of us, however, serve the Living Force, as the Jedi know it. We are drawn to places, people, and act to restore balance."

Ban took one final look around the hangar before continuing. 

"I was following a man that was on the transport here. Seemed to be an Imperial mechanic or engineer by the look of him. He was in the same bar that the girl I was tracking was last seen in, and I had a strong feeling that I needed to follow him. Now I understand why. As for the girl...well, she will find her own balance in the Force one way or another. For now, it seems I am meant for greater tasks. If the Force led me to an organization, or rather, organizations as large as this gathering, then the tides in the Force are shifting on a far greater scale than they should."

Edited by Ban Ulfson

Her eyes squared and her lips pursed into a smirk as he spoke of his Order, Kari's own beliefs reflected. It was quite interesting that others existed, first in Tobias, and now this Ban. Truly the Force was beckoning for balance, aching for restoration. Perhaps, in its nature, it was calling for a culling, and its charge was beginning to be answered. As he finished, she spoke. "Indeed. It seems the Force is calling for its scales to be balanced."

Bringing her hand up to the bridge of her nose, the Togruta sighed. Her former Master has caused more damage than she suspected. Yet, she suspected that the spirits of Tython already held knowledge of this, which is why she was likely sent. "What have you brought upon the Galaxy this time Lusef Aryan." She spoke beneath her breath.

"Like it's natural symbiotic relationship with all life, the Force is neither light nor dark. It simply is. It is the Kath Hound eating the Iriaz, or the grass of the marsh protecting the eggs of the unborn fish. It is life and it is death. But now it is being weilded for war and massacres, its will ignored for personal gain or glorification. And at the forefront, this new Sith Empire has became the snake's head in its misuse. This is what I've came to correct."

Edited by Jedi X
Changed Jeet to Ban

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png

Ban stroked his stubbly beard slowly at what she said. He'd seen the Sith expand in recent times, understood that the rest of the galaxy saw them as a threat.

"Something to keep in mind: the Force will balance itself, in time. The Sith might represent a massive tidal wave in the ocean of the galaxy, but even a tidal wave crests, falls, and breaks. While there is chaos in that moment, there is an order to the turbulence, and eventually balance is found again. It might not be in the same shape that we remember or are comfortable with, but the Force is unconcerned with such things."

Ban stopped himself, suddenly looking away and chuckling. 

"But I didn't come here to spout philosophy. My old master would have been proud of me, but I prefer to be a little more straightforward. I assume there is something here for me, a task I can perform, something I can do. However, whether it's you or someone above your rank who needs to authorize this, be warned my services typically don't come free of charge. I need to eat and find myself a place to sleep, and I have operational costs. Cover those for me, as I'm sure someone here can, and I'll follow you for as long as the Force wills."

Edited by Ban Ulfson

"Neither did I." Kari chuckled in return. "And normally, I would agree with you. But this new Sith Empire is different. I can feel their pull on the Force, like a siphon sucking the very life from it and everything it touches. And until they are stopped, it will continue." She sighed. "Or so my Masters suspect. Think of it like a tidal pool, constantly shifting from one end to the other with no stillness in sight."

She pondered momentarily about mentioning Faust, her former Jedi Master, having started this constant shift. But she felt it best to conceal that bit of information for now, just incase he recognized the name. Only Slaughter, and possibly Armiena of she had recognized her face in the meeting above, knew of her background in such depth. Brushing it aside, she focused back on his offer. While it was true that there was work to be found here, especially after the events at Dark Sun Station, she felt an uncanny pull toward him. It was as if the Force had brought them together for a separate purpose, and given their similar views, it must pertain to that. 

"I'm sure Admiral Slaughter or those leading the Imperial Remnant could easily provide work for you." She spoke, having brought her fingers up to her chin in thought. "But I have a feeling that our meeting was not coincidental. Especially given our similar views. I could be mistaken, but perhaps the Force wanted us together, whether it be aid you in your endeavor or another purpose is revealed. Now I cant pay what either of those can, but I can provide the necessities and even give you a grunts wage if you're interested."

She gazed him in the eyes and stuck out her hand in greeting. "What do you say Ban?"

Edited by Jedi X
Changed Jeet to Ban

karismol.png

Her green eyes widened along with her smile as she yet again put the armour down, its polishing momentarily forgotten with her anticipation. 

“Really? You would teach me how to shoot?” Her voice quivered with excitement for a second before she plowed on ahead with a counter offer. “I could teach you Vom Tag if you taught me how to shoot!” Her voice betrayed her excitement, because she had wanted for a long time to learn that skill but had never been brave enough to ask anyone. She flushed with embarrassment. 

“I’ve always been nervous about shooting, though if the Sith use one of those lizard bug things that drain the force I will definitely need to learn.” 

Calix Meus Inebrians

(TL/DR: Vos is meditating/practicing/reflecting. Just a character building post.)

Midway through a one-handed cartwheel, he felt the flicker of another being coming to see him. While he did have time to shut down the exercise, he figured it would be better to just let whomever it was come in and trigger the shut down of the simulation. The perverted blue light connected with red blaster bolts with a reverberating ‘wung’ or a sharp chirup noise sending them in a different direction.

Internally, the figure knew that the remotes were learning, and they were going to try something different at any moment now. Completing the cartwheel, he deactivated his blade and flipped backwards three times, staff in hand. Landing fifteen meters away he landed on his feet crouched over in what was a sprinters pose. His left hand holding the staff, he started to reconstruct his defence. The maneuver positioned all of the remotes in front of him, a good move on his end but the downside was that there would now be too many bolts coming at him for just one blade. That was precisely why he had made his staff in the manner he did- another layer of deception, another tool in his arsenal. With a small amount of pressure through the Force, part of his staff fell away and there was a green blade opposite the viridian one. Adopting a two-handed approach, as well as taking a knee. The three colors came together in such a blur that any non-force user would see a prolonged flash. To many this would be a stressful training exercise, to Vos with his apprenticeship this was nothing too complicated. It would have been even more fun to be stuck on spires above lava or water. Since neither were present he did have a few moments to think, ponder, and reflect. 

There was so much that could have- should have been done differently. Surgical strike, for starters. Tobias should have infiltrated with some banking scheme his allies in the banking clan would have assisted with. Or even La’Quaine, and her resources. Next would have to be a better intelligence agency, where they would have been able to scout out the position and see where fleet assets were and the probability of enemy reinforcements. Better calculating the enemies capabilities, next. Then standard operating procedure to halt reinforcements. Perhaps some hyperspace mines? They would need some specific programming, to be sure but that would not only hamper reinforcements- but also a retreat.

The remotes were spreading out, it had only taken them a minute to re-evaluate their tactics. Vos had a tendency to overthink; it was like a snowball tossed down a slope that ended up growing and growing until it became an unstoppable force. 

Internally, he sighed as he now twisted and split the single hilt into two separate pieces, regaining his posture on his feet and started to move once again. It was quite a large bay, so there was plenty of room to maneuver. Oxygen came in, refilled his lungs and fueled his muscles therefore his defense. He exhaled through his nose, letting his breath exit slowly. Allowing the Force to use the oxygen in the most efficient manner within his body, he could do this for hours. Blades spun independently of one another and there was plenty of the windmilling action going on. He had already lost track of the exact time, but it had been almost an hour since he left the War Council. His blood pressure spiked at the memory- everyone was held up over casualties. Did they expect anything different? None of them even read Nel’Pi’s report before condemning the actions. Unlike typical shield generators which the wiring was fiberglass and gold wiring, the stations had been copper and wireoptics- they served the same function but were two totally different mechanics- copper would build up the current, where as the gold would melt. Copper allowed for the bigger discharge before failing but the gold would last longer but fail sooner- in practice. The charge was too big and was one of the reasons the station had it’s incident. Besides- the Black Sun would inflate the numbers of dead because it was the Black Sun, propaganda was one of their tools in their arsenal. Regardless, Nel’Pi shouldn’t have gone against the parameters of her mission goals. Had the designers of Catnip Station still wanted to work with Lord Peregrine, the engineer on the mission would have been tested and have passed clearances into the combat mission. Alas, that whole crew was not speaking to him as the station suffered catastrophic failure within the first few months and hadn’t even put to the test of full capacity. It wasn’t his fault that it failed, or he wanted the Jedi’s money back under warranty, it was business. He even recycled the money back into the company stock portfolio, but through one of his puppet companies. ‘Oh the webs we weave.’ His old master had once said to him. Through a fleeting fit of frustration, he decided to throw his lightsabers in a complementary arc across the bay- slicing all but three of the remotes in half. The remaining remotes opened up in earnest and dodging would only allow him so much time. He let the sabres fall to the ground, deactivated, with a loud clang. After another backflip- he completed three quarters of second flip, his feet landing on the wall that was behind him. Using the Force to anchor him to the wall, he built up the power in his legs and launched himself between the remotes and into a somersault- sliding to a stop facing the wall that he had pushed off against. His hands crackled with energy, the arcs flowing up and around his forearms, his fists balled into fists. One remote tried to shoot him, but he punched the bolt and it fizzled out against the energy barrier around his fist. The simple programming reevaluated  the situation and fired again, and again. Now, Tobias was punching the bolts as if he were in a boxing match, or a martial arts display. He didn’t need his lightsabers for this small feat. He was called a Jedi Master- he earned that role, as well as when he earned the title of Sith Lord. He earned domain over a section of the galaxy- Beyond Shadows. He was so much more than these mortals, why had he come back? That was a layered answer...

With labored breaths, he continued to punch the bolts from the remotes. The red light from the bolts and the blue-white light from his hands were the only illumination in the bay. His mind wandered once again, this time to the fundamentals of the Force and the narrow views both Jedi and Sith dabbled in. There was so much more to the Force than just what they saw. As far as he could tell, there hadn’t been anyone except for Frond and Ficcibin that had been interested in the powers not attributed to the light or the dark, the other aspects of the Force. 

‘Do or do not, there is no try.’ The former Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, Yoda, had once said. What if one got so wrapped up in doing- they wander into the wrong path- then you commit to rectifying the error- you did your permanence for whatever wrongs you did. Then why was it when people make an error they were never forgiven? 

Spinning to the side, he pinwheeled his arms and batted back the latest flurry of bolts. His mind wandered more into something he had once read- 

Flowing through all, there is a balance. There is no peace, without a passion to create. There is no passion, without peace to guide. Knowledge stagnates, without the strength to act. Power blinds without serenity to see. There is freedom in life. There is purpose in death. The Force is all things, and I am the Force.

A chill ran down his spine, causing a small disruption in his form. Luckily, he saw the bolt coming, but it was slowed down to a noticeable extent. Then, the remote blinked into existence from where it was to where the bolt was going. Realizing he had just used the transportation power subconsciously, he shut the remotes off as soon as that one was fried by its own bolt. Baffled, Tobias straightened his posture and let the energy from his hands dissipate. Internally, he recited a mantra that complimented both old sayings he had just mulled over. It wasn’t until the twelfth repetition that it happened- a slight puff of air and he opened his eyes. He was just past the firing range corrals where people stood to fire down range. His heart started to race; Knowledge stagnates, without the strength to act ran through his mind.

Regardless, he had done it. It was time to clean up the mess he had made so he could reflect on what just happened; cleaning up was quick the droid parts were disposed of, his lightsabers and pieces of his staff collected, and putting the actual remotes back into their housing drawer. Vaulting over the firing stage, he floated the pieces of his staff around him, as he sat down to meditate and put the pieces back together. The room returned to darkness, and he focused on his tasks at hand. First the saber, then the necklace..

Nia chuckled at his concern. "Please, you don't need to apologize. The words were meant in good faith, I have no reason to take offense. Besides, I'd hardly be the one to judge. I've never gotten into a fight, much less a battle or a war. I can't imagine the toll it would take on someone. And I find myself hoping that I don't find myself in that position, though as you said, times are changing. I likely won't be so lucky."

She glanced over towards where they'd left the rest of the Jedi. "So how long do you think they'll be meeting? Because I don't want to be late when they finish, but if it'll be a while... I don't do so well in crowds."

In truth she was glad that she'd found a reason to not be surrounded by people she didn't know. The only two people she'd ever connected with had been her parents, and even her relationship with her mother had been rocky at times. Particularly when she was growing up and expressed intent to join the Jedi. Maybe it would be different here, though. Though probably not- as much as she enjoyed conversing with others, she'd always found more solace in solitude than in conversation.

nnia.png

"Well, let's start off with shooting then. I'll meet you in one of the smaller cargo bays, we can set up there."

Winking, he gathered his gear, and promptly left. He'd need a few items for this session, namely a blaster rifle on training settings and a target drone, but first he'd need to deposit his gear back in his room. It was only a temporary accommodation, barracks bunks in a spartan small room, but at least they had lockers for their gear. Convincing the armory sergeant to let him borrow a blaster rifle took a bit of sweet talk, though, considering they'd just came from a battle and everything was still fairly chaotic. A box of field rations bartered later, and Aidan was allowed to sign out the rifle and target drone he needed. Sometimes it was too easy dealing with the enlisted, Aidan never understood why other officers had such a hard time connecting with their men.

A few minutes later and he was setting up in the unoccupied cargo bay, having found a perfect lane with cargo crates providing 'cover' for the target drone at the opposite end of the bay. Now all that was missing was a particular Jedi Knight...

“There are arguments for and against the militarization of the Jedi Order. Consider me firmly on the side of maintaining command of our own fleet. It’s my observation that a single integrated Jedi can augment a unit of conventional soldiers far beyond their capabilities, defeat fortifications that would require unnecessary casualties, or prevent an all-out rout if a Sith is present.

“I suspect that my vision for the Jedi Order is not the same as yours, however. With your permission, I’ll see to the officers responsible for Dark Sun. And I would like to see my son.”

Draygo finally glanced at the dataslate that Vos had passed towards her. Her eyes hunted for names… with slow deliberation from working one-handed, she tapped in summons to the officers and soldiers who had sabotaged Dark Sun Station. The summons directed them not to one of the Star Destroyer’s myriad briefing rooms or interrogation suites, but to a medevac shuttle. Armiena had decided that she wanted complete privacy for the necessary lesson that she was going to teach these delinquent officers. Only several cubic kilometers of empty void would suffice.

She would let them stew in their own guilt for a few hours, though.

Finally sensing an opportunity to speak up, Admiral Slaughter cleared his throat. “All this said about the capabilities of Jedi support… my people will find a way to integrate your forces into our fleet. We’re used to working with… difficult logistics. My engineers will establish a headquarters for joint command on the moon’s surface. While the Sith have the initiative, we can expect attacks at multiple facilities and integration of our forces is critical."

drayyy.png

She grinned at his wink and watched him as he walked away, She sat back and scrubbed at the armour again as the smile clung consistently to her face, her heart brimming with equal happiness. It was nice to have a friend, despite her feelings for him. She was just happy to have made a friend for what felt like the first time in her life. Her green eyes strayed to her own dirty tunic and the smile fell into a grimace. She tossed her armour into her small duffel bag and then searched through  it to find a clean tunic before she raced to the refreshers. 

She looked left and right as she crossed into the refresher stall, stripped and turned on the warm water with a press of a button. No one else in the ‘freshers which was nice, and the water was comfortable as she washed as quickly as possible. She combed her hair, dried and threw on the fresh tunic on before she braided her still slightly wet hair. She changed the bandage on her shoulder and brushed her teeth.  She maintained a connection to the force all the while, drawing on its power to keep her strong and awake as she finished up and walked to where Aidan was waiting. She grinned at the young imperial knight ass she walked into the cargo hold. 

“So sorry to keep you waiting.” She stuck out her tongue and looked at the blaster rifle before sitting down next to him. She leaned forward and placed her hand on its stock before she looked back at him.  “So tell me about it, how does it work other tan pressing the trigger?” 

Calix Meus Inebrians

Aidan chuckled briefly before rattling off the blaster rifle's specifications, information the Empire required its military to have memorized.

"The E-11 blaster rifle is a lightweight, particle beam firing, air-cooled, electronic based, Tibanna gas canister fed assault rifle with computerized targeting assist and three firing modes. It has a maximum range of three hundred meters with an optimal firing range of one hundred meters. It is a weapon, but more importantly, it is a tool, and one to be respected."

Aidan turned, signalling the target drone through the remote control, before bringing the rifle's stock to his shoulder and snapping off four shots, all hitting the drone. Finishing the brief demonstration, he turned back, handing her the rifle.

"This particular rifle has been tuned down for training purposes. It won't kill, but it'll still hurt, so I'd appreciate if I didn't catch any stray bolts while we practice."

He moved behind her, lining her up in the lane he'd set up, moving her arms and head to a comfortable and proper squared-off stance. 

"That's it. Always keep your shoulders straight. Ideally you'll have some cover to assist you steadying the rifle, but it's best to practice freehand. This is the first fundamental of good marksmanship: steady position. The other three are proper sight picture, breathing, and proper trigger squeeze. Now, look through the scope. You'll see a lot of information, and the recticle will help you aim, however the most important thing to keep in mind is to keep both eyes open. You might want to squint your non aiming eye, but keeping it open helps maintain your depth perception, even if you really only need to see from the eye that's aiming. When going for the shot, exhale and hold your breath out. Breathing can throw off your posture just enough that a small adjustment here means meters off target down range. Proper trigger squeeze is also vitally important. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to kill, and then apply steady pressure until the rifle fires. It should almost surprise you every time in happens. If you jerk your finger, you will jerk your stance, and your shot will go high."

Aidan punched a few commands on the remote, bringing the targeting drone slightly closer. Every time she hit it, it would float a meter backwards until it was the maximum distance down the lane. This was a common exercise, and allowed the firer to get a sense of the weapon's zero aim as well as slowly honing their aiming skills.

"Go ahead. Shoot when you're ready."

Ban took a long moment to pause, stroking the gruff on his face. 

"It's not my usual pay, nor what I'm used to, but I do believe the Force brought us here for a reason. Just keep in mind, I'm my own man, don't expect me to follow orders from your superiors indefinitely. I go where the will of the Force takes me, and for now it has brought me here. Though...I think this change of pace will be refreshing. At least for a while, anyways."

He took a look around the hangar, waiting for whatever would come next.

Edited by Ban Ulfson
NAME CHANGE

Kari smiled as he spoke, a sign of good faith encompassing her face. With her hand still extended out, she questioned one last time. "So it's a deal then?"

As she awaited for his answer, Kari's gaze shifted about on her own toward the direction behind him. After arriving here with the Jedi Tobias, Kari had sent Ghost back to Borleias to retrieve her ship, and he had yet to return. But as if on cue, the small and ancient T3 droid came rolling around the corner of an offset ship toward her direction, a bit of dust and scraps adorning his metallic form. Curious, she wondered what he had been up to and what mess he had gotten himself into this time, but would leave those questions for another time. Yet, she felt a familiar presence residing around him that surely even Ban would pick up on, a certain darkness...

"Ventra?" She spoke beneath her breath in an almost scowling tone as she approached the T3 in haste.

Edited by Jedi X
Changed Jeet to Ban

karismol.png

There was another one of those pregnant pauses in the conversation. Draygo considered whether she had made yet another false step. For more than a decade, either she or one of her closest friends had been Grandmaster and the Admiral of the Republic fleet was… simple enough to manipulate. Armiena now had a distinct impression that her views were unneeded or unwanted--that her role in Alluyen’s Order was to serve and occasionally advise, but not to lead. The veteran Jedi held out her prosthetic hand and the dataslate went skipping across the rpom and into her palm.

Armiena briefly locked eyes with a masked Shistavenan, then she left.

______

The deckplan of a Nebula-class Star Destroyer was fundamentally similar to that of an Imperial-II, albeit significantly condensed. Nonetheless, Armiena wandered aimlessly through the corridors of its keel, so much that she had to wave off an Ensign who offered to guide her to a destination that she herself hadn’t formulated yet. Tapping clumsily on the dataslate, Draygo sent a message to her Padawan to meet with her. Genesis had been withdrawn ever since the battle of Dark Sun Station. That wasn’t unexpected--Armiena distinctly remembered feeling nauseous for two days after the first time that she had taken a life, and the poor boy had been forced to experience the state-sanctioned mass murder of a pitched battle with half-developed Force powers--with all the hypersensitivity of an astonishingly adept healer with none of the defenses of an older Jedi. Hopefully he would at least be willing to discuss the ordeal--or that a day of reflection and perhaps even a proper night’s sleep would help him.

The dataslate in Armiena’s hand vibrated twice. She frowned as she read message on its screen.

Master Draygo,

Misal is alive. She has gone to ground for the moment. She is better off being thought dead after the events of the last month. Your ship will be delivered to you on Nar Shaddaa.

Your son is occupied in Cargo Hold Dorn-3. You may enjoy the opportunity to interrupt a moment.

Only seconds after Armiena skimmed the message, it disappeared from the screen of the dataslate to return to the half-read after action report of Lead Engineer Nel’Pi. The veteran glanced behind her--amongst the rush of a hundred staff officers, engineers, and teamsters was the hulking frame of a black-furred Togorian. The uniform of the Galactic Alliance may have fit the feline sapient’s massive bulk and she wore a belt of engineer’s tools with comfort, but she was nearly a meter taller than the other personnel around her and she failed completely in her attempt to look inconspicuous. 

Draygo tapped in another message to update her Padawan of her destination.

____

Ten minutes later, Armiena made out the unmistakable whine of blaster fire and the distinct odor of ozone emanating from Cargo Hold Dorn-3. Her practiced ear studied the report as she approached the cargo bay more closely--a short-barreled carbine, probably a standard-issue model like the E-11.

Firing exercises.

The veteran Jedi paused at the mouth of the cargo hold, feeling conscious of her disarray after Dark Sun Station. She knew that she stank of sweat and oil; her oversized robe was folded untidily over a left arm that was imprisoned in a sling. She paused and listened to the persistent staccato of blaster fire; the slower rhythm was that of an inexperienced operator familiarizing themselves with a new weapon.

She took a few steps into the cargo hold to see her son teaching one of the younger Jedi Knights--Sarna, the girl from Felucia--basic blaster techniques. 

Her son.

It had been far too long since Armiena had seen him. Her own mother had occasionally sent holos as he grew up--and even a few clandestine images when Aidan had thought he had completely slipped her monitoring, but… it had been far too long. She found herself transfixed, an uncharacteristically soft expression on her war-hardened face, not quite sure what to do next.

drayyy.png

Sandy’s grin stretched ear to ear as she watched Aidan’s skill with a blaster, the drone took long haltering dives after each blast until it was floating quite a ways down the firing line. She solemnly took the rifle from him and adjusted her stance to a squared blade, one foot slightly behind the other as her eyes looked down the scope. She let his hands adjust her stance, trying not to blush. The reticle burned red against the distant drone and per Aidan’s instructions she let her breathing drop to a slow crawl then depressed the trigger. The bolt flew nearly true but passed a little low and to the right of the drone. Causing it to spin in the wake of burned ozone but remain relatively unharmed.

She muttered a curse under her breath and tried again, the bolt this time going even wider. She let her eyelids flutter closed as she looked back at what Aidan had told her. That was it, she was jerking the trigger too much. She let the slack fall out of the trigger, slowly depressing it until she found the release then pressing through, slow release until it clicked and press again. The bolts arced out like crimson lines of fire, hitting the drone three out of four shots. Then on the last shot she of course missed by being over eager. The bolt spanning into the wall a meter or so above the drone. She groaned a curse again.

She grimaced and turned her flushing face back to Aidan. Almost willing herself not to hug him for the joy of the experience. 

“I assume I shouldn’t be touching the force to adjust my aim right? That kinda defeats the purpose?”

Her eyes caught an unassuming figure behind the handsome imperial knight and went wide. Her flush went darker, highlighting the pale white lines of scars that crossed her face that had been carefully concealed by healing routines. Her mouth went dry and she looked back down range before glancing back, putting the blaster rifle down and pulling herself into a bow towards Master Draygo. She concentrated to slow her hammering heart and mumbled a hello. While placing a hand protectively on Aidan's shoulder. 

"Welcome master." 

Calix Meus Inebrians

Beth slid the glove from her hand reflexively and she looked at the red and cracked skin near the seals of her EV suit. The lacerating viewport of the TIE defender had left her in dire straights for the two hours it had taken to pick her up after the battle had concluded. Some tie down tape had saved her life, but significant layers of skin and muscle sinew had burned first in the explosion then had been thoroughly iced over in the vacuum of space. Her bright yellow eyes caught sight a few jedi (@Nia Doarr and @karyu128) in robes and she hurried over, pulling off her TIE pilot helmet and shaking out her short hair that was soaked in sweat. 

She looked at the two apprentices as she neared, her eyes taking in their youth as she spoke. Her high kuati accent betraying her heritage more than the nameplate on her breast with ‘Lt de'Andromina’ emblazoned on it with imperial Templar red ever did. . 

“You guys are jedi right? Look, i cannot afford to be taken off the flight line and if they see these burns I am one hundred percent going to be put in bacta for a month.” She leaned forward conspiratorially, “I will do anything for a bit of Jedi Magic to help these wounds.” She grimaced, “I will give you my entire damn paycheck if that’s what it takes. Seriously.” Her voice lowered again. “Please.” 

Andromina

Rebel Alliance Fleet Command - Lieutenant

"I mean you can, but the Imperials have found that it doesn't really establish the muscle memory in the same kind of way, and in the even of those Force lizard things..."

Aidan trailed off as he saw her turn, her focus razor sharp on something else. "Welcome, master." His gaze shifted, and finally he saw her watching. If anything, it was Sandy's arm on his shoulder and her reaction that made it a bit awkward for him, uncertain how to respond.

"Uh...hey, mom."

The words hung in the air a moment too long, and he knew that everyone could feel the awkwardness. It was strange, he could feel her in the Force, but her presence wasn't ever one he particularly noticed, it was like how one noticed a warm sweater on a chilly day, or an umbrella when it rained. Comforting. It was probably something to do with having spent far more time with her than any other Force practitioner. Well, her and Misal.

"I was just showing Sandy here proper shooting fundamentals. How goes the, uh...Rebellion? Is that what we are now?"

Aidan chuckled nervously, trying to cut the tension, but honestly he didn't really know. He wasn't yet privvy to the meetings the higher ups held, and while he was aware of a loose alliance and their current enemies, the larger machinations were beyond him.

Ban grinned. Pressing to the point, was she? 

"Yes, it's a deal."

Kari seemed to be distracted from his answer however, and moved to inspect an older astromech droid that came rolling up. Knowingly, he kept silent and decided to merely listen and follow. He'd learned long ago that it was often the best way to glean information.

Edited by Ban Ulfson
NAME CHANGE

Truthfully, Kel didn't know how long the conference would take. Uniting so many forces to achieve a common goal would no doubt take a significant effort. However, before he could answer the new hopeful, an imperial lieutenant with a very thick Kuati accent approached them desperately seeking help for healing burns. "Alright, Let's see what we're dealing with here." Kel gingerly grabbed her hand to examine the injury. The burns were severe; much of the injury was either a dark red or completely black. Given the state of her attire, it was likely she had suffered exposure in addition to her prior injuries. "It's a wonder you aren't in a bacta tank already. Most people with this kind of injury would have gone into shock. We will do what we can."

Kel placed his dominant hand just above the injury and began to meditate. "I need your help Nia. I need you to draw upon the living force. Meditate with me and do as I do. Feel the energy within you and channel it into her wounds. then use that energy as a catalyst to spur her cells into repairing the damaged tissue."    

5V8Toxy.png

@ObliviousKnight, @Aidan Darkfire, @Sandy Sarna

--Genesis--

It was a bittersweet moment to grasp as I rounded the corner toward where Master Armiena had positioned herself to me earlier. I had heard her talk of her son before, but laying eyes upon him and noticing her blotched face and elevated heart rate spoke volumes for what I was witnessing. I said not a word, but instead simply placed my hand upon her back and nudged her forward with a nod, toward the one she had ached so hard to see a smile upon my face and a tear streaming down my face. If only these two truly knew how lucky they were.

@Ban Ulfson

--Kari Koi--

Kari bent down and reached her hand into T3's small compartment in haste, her hand almost instantly finding the mask within as he face went as completely ghost white pale as it could for her species as she pulled it out from within. "Ghost.... what is the meaning of th..."

All Kari could manage to get out as a holovid of an aged version of Kari shot to life before them. "If your recieving this, it means that I am dead Kari and my plot, as well as Lusef's, to turn you to the darkside, failed. Yes, I knew of Faust's true identity and his purpose, and aligned myself with him solely to free yourself from chains that bound you in both life times. Faust wanted an Apprentice, I wanted my sister happy, two paths with the same outcome. So in the event that we failed, I programmed Ghost to retrieve the Sith Mask I wore. There is a secret to it, a secret i hope you can discover. Just know it will make you whole and both lives will become one. Good luck sister dearest." And with that, Ventra was gone, leaving Kari angered and confused.

With a growl in her tone as her cuspids clinched, she questioned aloud. "What are you up to this time Ventra?"

Edited by Jedi X
Changed Jeet Ulfsban to Ban Ulfson

karismol.png

Nia turned to face the newcomer, glancing back at Kel apprehensively. She suddenly felt like she was very much out of her league. She backed away, though very slightly. "Oh. I uh... I'm not sure. I'm not even really a Jedi yet."

And yet when Kel asked her to help, she did. At the least, she could try. She wasn't sure of the morals of helping this woman avoid medical care, but it looked like she was in pain, even if it didn't show. She didn't know what to do, hardly even knew how to use the Force. But she knew enough to follow along. And after she called on the Force, it was almost natural to her. She'd always struggled with using the force for anything more than moving things around, but this was easier. Not without difficulty, but lacking the difficulty she'd had before.

Whether it was a natural disposition for healing with the Force or thanks to Kel's teachings, she wasn't sure, but she'd speak of it with whoever she was assigned to learn under. In the mean time, she kept her eyes closed and focused on the task at hand.

nnia.png